In Progress Infection: Lake Duhm Retreat
Yesterday, 04:08 PM
RE: Infection: Lake Duhm Retreat
Veronica sighed, sitting up and rubbing at her head. Jeez, looks like she was like, totally not going to get anymore sleep. Lame. Her head hurt and she was super thirsty. She picked up the umbrella, making sure it was still keeping her in the shade, and squinted at Brad as he talked. It was super bright out here.

"Like, why are you trying to infect people?" Veronica asked him. "What if, like, you're infected? Or what if you totally infect yourself? And wouldn't the other team, like, stop you?"
Yesterday, 04:10 PM
Kate's phone did have power! She found that it was 7 in the morning, and when she got past the lock screen it was opened to a note taking application, with a single note in it.

"Good morning, Kate.
Ima's going crazy with all the notes and hints and shit, figure I should put something out there.
Trouble is, I'm pretty sure you're actually going to look for things, so there's not much of a point.
Don't let me down I guess.
-Artie"
Yesterday, 04:11 PM
Jon looked around. "Where do we even need to get to?" He rubbed his face again, dragging the oar off to go explore.
Yesterday, 04:13 PM
Albert circles the island, looking for anything other than the paddleboard that would float. Anything in the palms, perhaps?

The one, the only, Vancho!
Yesterday, 04:13 PM
Kate didn't like that a maniac apparently had her pegged, because she was indeed going to look for stuff! She started checking the phone's memory for any other notes, pictures, or contacts, as well as seeing if she could get any kind of signal.
Yesterday, 04:27 PM
"I dunno how they're keeping track of this infection stuff, but hey, whatever. Other team gets infected, you all just give me the cure I won for us. Quad pro crow, brah."
Yesterday, 04:33 PM
Al went through the palms, and came up with a fishing pole! Hook and line already set up.

Kate had no luck with a signal. No other notes, and only one contact. "A". There were several pictures of Ima on it! They were all very hammy, posed. One where she was "doing her taxes", and another where she was "teaching a bear to ride a bike" among others.

She saw nothing out of the ordinary, but upon a secondary glance she realized one application wasn't quite what she thought it was. The icon was of a gear, and the title was: "Optional, if you like dumb games."
Yesterday, 04:38 PM
... Trina put on her sunscreen and walked up to read the note no one bothered to read out loud. Fuck! Well wait a second... isn't any team gettin a cure technically a win? Then again... if it was her who was infected she wouldn't be able to get it quickly. She didn't want to waist time. Trina started going around the island looking for flowers.
Yesterday, 05:06 PM
Kate decided to leave the gear to poke later - there was no need to admit just then that she totally did like dumb games. She followed Trina to read the note, then, with a grimace, started scanning the horizon with her binoculars for any sign of civilization.
Yesterday, 05:14 PM
Trina glanced at Kate and debated weather or not she should show the small bit of information she got. She decided it would be better for the team to win.

".... Hey... Kate... I got this on my phone." She showed her a book in a Library application called Infection: A Guide. It had three pages to it.

Page one: "Come on Trina."

Page two: "You've got the right idea though. :)"

Page three: A color picture of a field of bluebonnets, poorly aligned with the page.

"...I'm looking for these flowers..."
Yesterday, 07:36 PM
"I think it would be better to work together..." Veronica said to Brad, and not just because Veronica was on the other team. It would be like, super fucked if things just started falling apart just because Brad couldn't keep his testosterone under wraps. Still holding out the umbrella, Veronica pulled herself to her feet.

"I'm, like, super thirsty." She announced, slowly pulling herself to her feet, adjusting the umbrella so that it covered her up. Making sure she had her water bottle, Veronica walked away, heading to the shore. Once there, she stood out and looked over the scene. It was so super cool, if only people weren't, like, dying of an infection and shit. Her gaze dropped down from the mountains, scanning the water for any cute fish. She absentmindedly wondered if the water was clean enough to drink (and lowkey considered drinking it either way).