In Progress ABYSS: A Regrettable Foray
09-08-2017, 12:32 AM
RE: ABYSS: A Regrettable Foray
Lilah nodded, then headed belowdecks to find somewhere away from the others.
09-08-2017, 01:12 AM
"Everybody always speaking in private," Godfrey grumbled. "Likely talking about the strange abilities granted to them by a horrifying murder temple, no doubt. Nobody can just be open about their problems. They have to whisper about them to each other. Then when they all get revealed, everything blows up and trigger-happy people start bloody shooting people."

Godfrey knew how this group worked, damn it. Why did everybody have to be so unnecessarily secretive? He didn't honestly care what stupid powers people had. He just wanted to go home, dang it.
09-08-2017, 01:25 AM
Marilyn shot Godfrey a look before following after Lilah.
09-11-2017, 09:03 AM
With bags in hand and Shae close behind, Isabela resurfaces from inside the ship and makes her way towards the others, chuckling under her breath before tossing a few words over her shoulder to Shae.
"Do not worry about pronunciation. No one ever gets it right." Her eyes meet Godfrey and she manages a small smile, nodding her head in greeting. "Where do I put my things for the ship that leaves? The one not going to the temple? Ah-- will you show us, please?"
09-11-2017, 09:13 AM
Karim ran up to Isabela when he saw her exit the ship.

"Ah! Isabela, I have been looking for you. Come, we must discuss what we are doing, now that Gallant is dead and we are with these people."

The one, the only, Vancho!
09-11-2017, 12:37 PM
Run? Why is Karim running? Such enthusiasm. Takes Isabela by surprise and has her blinking at him, a confused furrow to her brow.

"Ah. Well. I have reason to believe going to the temple is no so good idea, Karim. I will be going on the ship that is headed...not there. Out of the jungle, I guess." She inclines her head slightly at him, still inquisitive. "Why must you speak with me on what it is you are to do? If you know what is good for you, it would be best you stay away as well. That goes for everyone." She jabs a thumb back at Shae. "She is coming with me, anyhow. Offered her help, and she is good at carrying things. If you want to talk further, then that is fine, but it changes none of what I just say to you."
09-11-2017, 01:13 PM
"Oh, I can take them," Godfrey offered to Isabela, smiling.

At least ONE PERSON HAD SOME BLOODY SENSE.

"Provided that is all right. Your hand is injured, afterall."
09-12-2017, 01:58 AM
Her face gets a little hot and she mumbles to Isabela. "That's why I want to get it right."
Shae also gave a smile and a little hand wave to Karim when Bela said she is coming with her.

Shae looked at Godfrey and shrugged and with a smile she gave her bag and Isabela's.. bag of metal she guesses.
09-12-2017, 02:26 AM
Isabela snickers, a smile parting her lips. It's in part to Godfrey's gesture, but mostly to Shae. She's quick to hand the big man her bag too, doing her best to hoist it up as high as she can so he doesn't have to stoop so low to reach it. It's...still not much.

"Muchas Gracias," She says, smiling up at him before rubbing gently at her wrist. "It is my wrist and arm that are injured though, but that does not change my thanks."

Taking a step back towards Shae, she snorts. "I am unused to anyone caring if it is said correctly or incorrectly. Your insistence on the former has scored you some bonus points. Congratulations."
09-12-2017, 05:52 AM
"Ah." Karim looked... disappointed.

"You have found the answers you were looking for, then?"

Karim shook his head.

"No matter. Though I am certain that the temple contains the answers to many mysteries, including those in my dreams, I shall not go alone. I will ask the others, and if they have also decided to go back then I shall as well. Perhaps it is better this way. I shall be able to monitor your wound, and the unconscious man."

He went to look for Marta or Daibhedh.

09-12-2017, 06:26 AM
Marta is still on the ground, slowly progressing in her gravedigging efforts.
09-12-2017, 06:36 AM
Godfrey went to carefully load Isabela's bag onto the "FUCK THE TEMPLE" boat!
09-12-2017, 06:41 AM
Karim went to help Marta dig, since it was the decent thing to do.

"Marta, I must speak with you. It is about what we are going to do after we are finished burying Sir Gallant. Isabela has told me she is abandoning the quest for the temple. What is your course of action?"

09-12-2017, 10:30 AM
Karim, in all his excitement, doesn't even wait for Isabela to proper respond before he's heading off again. No matter, though. The answer wouldn't have changed things anyway, she's pretty sure. Ah, well.

Rubbing at the back of her neck, she fluffs through her hair, and looks back at Shae.
"Uhhhh...let us...get on the new ship, then? We need to wait for Sofía anyway, and you may regale me with your story there." She's quick to follow after Godfrey, motioning for Shae to follow with a smile curling her lips.
09-12-2017, 04:25 PM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2017 04:25 PM by Kocel.)
"Ya know what. I done tried to keep ya'll from gettin' trapped in that temple. Ya'll gonna go anyway? Don't expect me to pull yer bacon out the fire."

Colville sighed, leaning up against the railing of the pirate airship, enjoying the view from top deck.

"This whole thing's been a goddamn mess anyhow. Here I was hopin' this would set me up for a nice retirement."
09-13-2017, 02:01 AM
Marta looks up when she notices Karim grabbing a shovel and helping her. "Ah, thank you Mister Karim. Can we finish this first? Don't want to be leaving Sir Gallant like this any longer." There are a few minutes of silence as they dig, and hoist Gallant into his grave, before Marta wipes her forehead and continues. Isabela is smart, but I know you and I dreamed of the place. Regardless, I do not want to leave her alone until we have made certain she is safe."
09-15-2017, 08:30 AM
Karim finished up his digging and burying and went to look for Daibhedh.

09-15-2017, 02:11 PM
Sofía, who had been standing up on deck near Colville, Isabela and Shae, looked down at where Gallant was being buried. Her expression was hard to read, but she looked unhappy.

Marilyn and Lilah came out onto deck, spotting Sofía immediately.

Karim quickly spotted Daibhedh standing on the skiff, periodically checking and adjusting his pocketwatch.
09-15-2017, 02:16 PM
Marta slowly heaved the body into the hole, and spent a few minutes staring at him. She hadn't done this before, she was lost for words when she new they had to be given. She looks up. Karim was gone to find Daibhedh, Daibhedh was gone. She briefly looked around for Isabela but saw her with the strangers. The killers.

She immediately looked back down and stared harder at the body.
09-15-2017, 02:26 PM
"Daibhedh! I must speak with you in private. Will you come aside with me?"

09-15-2017, 04:01 PM (This post was last modified: 09-15-2017 06:30 PM by SupahKiven.)
Marilyn approached Sofía, noting the look on her face. Her own expression dropped in an empathetic frown, and she gently placed a hand on Sofía's arm. When she got Sofía's attention, Marilyn showed her the message written on her board.

<'Can we talk to you?'> Marilyn gestured over at Lilah.
09-16-2017, 11:46 AM
Daibhedh jumped as he was addressed.

"Hm? What? Oh. Oh yes, Of course. lead the way."

09-16-2017, 12:50 PM
Sofía nodded. <"Sure. I had more I wanted to talk to you about, before we got interrupted before. Should we head belowdecks?">
09-16-2017, 12:59 PM
Karim asked Daibhedh to come with him out of sight of the others, behind some of the stuff on the skiff.

09-16-2017, 01:15 PM
Marilyn grimaced at the mention of their previous interruption, though she pushed it down and started writing. <'I had something to talk about with you too.'> / <'But it's not urgent so'> She paused. <'So whenever you're ready.'> / <'But yeah, let's go.'>

After letting Sofía read the message, Marilyn reached down and grabbed Sofía's hand, seemingly without thinking. She tensed up slightly, but shrugged it off, motioning for Lilah to follow with her other hand before heading below decks to the room they were in before.
09-17-2017, 04:48 AM
"Thank you, darling," Lilah said to Sofía, even though she couldn't understand the conversation. "Lead the way." She followed after Marilyn and Sofía back into the relative privacy of the ship.
09-17-2017, 03:36 PM
Shae smiled back to Isabela, partly because she smiled at her, another part because her fluffing her hair was pretty endearing. She climbed onto the ship with Isabela.

"You aren't going to grapple up there?" Shae threw at her with a grin.
10-01-2017, 04:21 AM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2017 04:22 AM by Demonsul.)
Hey, sorry I've been super dead guys. The last month of Ameriquest/Canadaquest coincided with a dull point in the story where I really needed to shove you guys forward, but I was too distracted by stuff going on in the non-internet world to do it. Now I'm back in England and I'm slowly plinking away at the pile of stuff I have to do, so let's get this moving again.

As Marilyn, Lilah and Sofía went belowdecks, followed separately by Isabela and Shae, the clouds at last started to part in the west, letting in streams of the evening sun to filter through the rain. The storm was at last starting to lessen a little, giving them good weather to take off. Still, they were well past the time of casting off, and everyone and everything was aboard and ready to go. All they needed were people to try and fly the two still-airborne ships, and for the temple explorers to say their last goodbyes to the wreck.
10-01-2017, 04:58 AM
Since everything was somewhat quiet, Godfrey would approach Isabela.

"Do you have a moment?" he asked her.
10-01-2017, 05:22 AM
Isabela had gone belowdecks, but Godfrey could still head down looking for her.
10-01-2017, 05:35 AM
Eh, sure.
10-04-2017, 10:51 AM
If they waited much longer, they might lose the light. Someone would have to fly each ship.
10-09-2017, 04:17 AM
"Sir Gallant, I didn't know you that well, but I know you deserved better than this. You just wanted to be the guy to discover everything in this new place, and wanted revenge for your crew. I hope that, I guess, you can at least rest in the place you tried so hard to get to, and maybe one day people will come back and finish what you started."

With that Marta throws Gallant's stuff in the grave, finishes burying him, and makes a crude marker out of a larger stone she's carved his name into. A few minutes later, and she goes looking for Karim and Daibhedh.
Today, 06:39 PM
Iona wanders back to the ship, tears still streaked across his face. He looks around to see who's still there.