In Progress ABYSS: A Regrettable Foray
04-21-2017, 03:04 PM
RE: ABYSS: A Regrettable Foray
Sofía nodded, and shook the canteen a little. Some water sloshed around inside. She was about to offer it to Lilah, but then tilted her head in confusion. <"Did you say she's the one who wants it?">
04-21-2017, 03:05 PM
At Sofia's question, Marilyn blinked in confusion. She glanced back at Lilah, stared at her for a moment, and then looked back at Sofia.

<'Yeah. Is something wrong?'>
04-21-2017, 03:08 PM
<"No, my mistake, I just thought you meant someone else,"> said Sofia, handing the canteen to Lilah. <"Let's not slow down.">

She kept heading onwards towards (hopefully) the exit!
04-21-2017, 03:12 PM
Marilyn simply nodded, lowering her board to the side. She glanced back at Lilah, furrowing her brow in thought, before following on after Sofia. She'd... have to ask about that later.
04-21-2017, 03:15 PM (This post was last modified: 04-21-2017 03:18 PM by pail.)
Shae frowned at the entire exchange. One thing she is going to do when she gets out of here is learn to read. There could probably be some night schools teaching that stuff, she thinks. (She probably forgot that the writing was in a different language too.)
04-22-2017, 04:02 AM (This post was last modified: 04-22-2017 04:14 AM by Kadis.)
Lilah accepted the canteen eagerly and gulped down whatever was left (while still following to the exit, of course).

A second later, she retched and spat it out on the ground. "What on Earth - why were you carrying that around?! I just wanted a drink!"
04-22-2017, 04:17 AM
Iona follows toward the exit, trying (unsuccessfully) not to worry too much about Marilyn being weirded out by him, or about embarrassing himself in front of the stranger. First impressions were important, dangit!

Speaking in the same language as the new woman, he gently offers a bow. <"I-it is nice to meet you, miss! I am Iona Naumov, son of Pytor Naumov, Duke of Travask, Count of Petragrad and Voynadoma. Again, it is wonderful meeting you, and I hope we can cooperate properly as we p-proceed!"
04-22-2017, 04:23 AM
Sofía turned around, looking surprised, then quickly curtsied deeply. <"I'm sorry, sir, I didn't realize! My name is Sofía."> She looked back towards the direction they had been going anxiously, and then to Lilah. <"Uh, is she alright? Can it wait until we're outside? We should be very close.">
04-22-2017, 04:46 AM
Godfrey just kind of shambled along, doing his best to walk straight.
04-22-2017, 05:03 AM
Shae blinked and looked at Lilah, surprised when she retched. "What do you mean?? I filled it with water... I'm sure of it!" She was getting nervous again.
04-22-2017, 05:50 AM
"Water? The whole thing's packed with dust! It's dry as a bone!" Lilah poured the canteen on the ground at Shae's feet to demonstrate.
04-22-2017, 05:51 AM
Out poured the last of the water, splashing on the stone block floor.
04-22-2017, 05:58 AM
"Nice" Klaas muttered
04-22-2017, 06:09 AM (This post was last modified: 04-22-2017 06:09 AM by pail.)
Shae watched the water fall and then turned to look at Lilah. She gave a concerned look and gently grabbed the canteen back. "Lilah... That looked like water to me, not dust... I think the temple might've gotten you too. Maybe you should try Colville's whisky... It's worth a shot."
04-22-2017, 06:11 AM
Klaas never returned the flask that Coville handed to him so he just takes it out of his pocket

"Coville, Surely you don't mind if the Lady takes a sip? right?"
04-22-2017, 06:12 AM
"But- But it was-" Lilah stared wide-eyed at the puddle on the floor, waiting for it to change. "Maybe the light, or..." The puddle went right on being a puddle at her. "I tasted it. I did!"
04-22-2017, 06:57 AM
At the commotion behind her, Marilyn clenched her jaw. Were they really doing this now of all times? They couldn't save it for when, she didn't know, they were out of here?

'Guys.' Marilyn scribbled out, stopping so that she could present her message to the group. 'Can we save it for when we're out of here please?'
04-22-2017, 10:33 AM
Colville shrugged.

"Hell, would never turn down a ladyfolk in need. Hand 'er the flask, Klaws."
04-22-2017, 10:33 AM (This post was last modified: 04-22-2017 10:41 AM by Kadis.)
"It isn't just me getting spooked, I tasted it!" Lilah was spooked, though. "I agree, though, lets get out of this awful place. Klaas, darling, thank you." She took the flask and tried a gulp of that instead...

...and spat it on the ground gagging. "What- I- What is that?!" Some part of Lilah's brain that wasn't consumed by thirst started running through what rubber-suited monster or cardboard-prop curse could make water taste like dust. Usually the 'food turns to ash in your mouth' thing was the domain of the fake monsters, not the victims. "I... I don't feel well at all. Please, let's get back to the ship."
04-22-2017, 10:45 AM
Were they really going to keep messing around with the damn flask? At least Lilah had the courtesy to actually read her message this time, though it didn't seem to deter her much from taking a swig of it anyway. Great, whatever. If everyone was just gonna keep dipping around, Marilyn wasn't going to stop them. She rolled her eyes and let out an irritated snort when Lilah spit the whiskey out. There, now maybe they could get out of here and stop messing around. She moved to continue following Sofia.
04-22-2017, 10:59 AM
Well she couldn't read what Marilyn said so she shrugged and frowned at Lilah with concern. "Maybe you can eat something to get some liquid in you once we get back." Shae continued to follow the party out of the temple.
04-22-2017, 11:16 AM
"Miss Lilah, I think yer just overwhelmed by this whole temple business. Yer a lady of society, after all. We'll get ya out of here right quick and ya can have a nice lay-down."

Colville proceeded to help lead the way, guiding Godfrey like an especially civilized mule.
04-22-2017, 04:06 PM
Up another flight of stairs they went, and through the marked out corridor. They arrived back at the door they'd pickaxed through, and squeezed through the gap into the entrance chamber filled with pictograms and ancient language.

Ahead of them was the exit. Night had fallen, and as they headed through the doorway out of the temple, they could see the sky full of stars above. Sofía looked up and gripped her amulet tightly, a smile slowly spread across her face. <"I never thought I'd see those again,"> she said, her voice faltering slightly.

The rocky ground sloped away around them, and the rock spikes were silhouetted against the night sky. They could see a light moving on the deck of their airship, which was moored a short distance uphill from the temple.
04-22-2017, 05:06 PM (This post was last modified: 04-22-2017 05:08 PM by pail.)
She stopped raised her arms up and let out a huge sigh of relief once they got out. "I am never going back in there! That's for sure...! I feel like I will cry with happiness!" Shae noticed the light and assumed it was just Dr. Bakkar and climbed into the ship, boy she was TIRED and ready for SLEEP. She was ready to put everything that happened in the temple (and going to it) in the back of her mind. Trying to trick herself into thinking it was just hallucination like Godfrey was experiencing.
04-22-2017, 08:12 PM
Klaas also got into the ship, probably more hastily then Shea did cause he didn't fuckin trust that light and like hell he is going to have some two-bit punk leave with his godamn airship.

So yeah he just books it to the airship.
04-23-2017, 03:26 AM
While the others started heading back to the airship, Marilyn remained near the exit. She stared up at the sky, standing next to Sofia, and thought. It seemed like the temple had done something different with everybody, but Marilyn was facing a problem. She didn't know what it did to her. There was... one thing she could acknowledge, but that wasn't definitive. She wanted to know what it had... what it had put in her. Her free hand, the one not holding anything, moved up to thread itself into her hair, and her fingernails dug into her scalp. Unthreading her hand, Marilyn let out a soundless sigh. She had something to do tonight.

Marilyn turned to Sofia. She looked down, shuffling her things around so that she could access her blackboard. After scribbling something down, she tapped Sofia on the shoulder and presented the message to her.

<'What're you going to do now?'>
04-23-2017, 03:43 AM
"Oh, thank goodness, civilization!" Well, I say civilization. She'd prefer a hotel suite, but the airship would have to do. "Sofia, darling, you're a literal lifesaver!"

Lilah followed Shae and Klaas up to the airship, moving a little slower. The first thing she was going to do was stick her head in the sink and drink as much water as possible, potential bad publicity photos be damned. The second thing was bathe, which doubtless wouldn't be up to the standards of her home tub but would at least get some of this crusted filth off her. Lilah went straight to get herself as big a drink as possible.
04-23-2017, 05:40 AM
Sofía smiled at Lilah, as despite not understanding her it was pretty clear how she felt. When Marilyn tapped her shoulder, she looked around at her. <"I want to get home,"> she said. <"This place has got to be miles from the nearest town. ...I know not everyone on your team trusts me, but can I come with-">

The crack of a gunshot rang out from the deck of the airship, and a bullet impact threw up chips of stone near Klaas' feet as he jogged towards the ladder. Shae, following somewhat close behind, felt the flecks of stone bounce off her arm. "DON'T YOU DANG MOVE, Y'HEAR?!" came a shout from up on deck. "THAT WAS A WARNIN' SHOT! WHO IN THE SAM HILL ARE YOU?"

Squinting, they could just about make out a long-haired figure with a rifle up on deck, crouched behind the airship's siderail.
04-23-2017, 06:17 AM
Colville finds cover and takes out his rifle, giving it a good luck kiss.

"Get into cover and get the coot talking, I'll take care of the rest."

He adjusts his sights and starts looking for a shot.
04-23-2017, 08:14 AM
Klaas runs towards nearby cover ranting all the way at the top of his lungs.

"YOU ARE ON OUR SHIP AND YOU ALMOST SHOT THE PILOT. GOOD JOB. NOW GET OFF THERE AND DROP YOUR WEAPON AND WE CONSIDER GIVING YOU A RIDE HOME. ALRIGHT?"
04-23-2017, 09:04 AM
Colville took cover behind one of the big spikes and started lining up a shot. He had a pretty good angle on the rifleman, but the cover meant there was still a decent chance of missing.

Klaas meanwhile ignored the man's warning and also ran for cover. A second gunshot was quick to follow, hitting him in the foot. Klaas collapsed to the ground, just about managing to scramble into cover. "I TOLD YA NOT TO MOVE, YA VARMINT! THIS IS OUR SHIP NOW! GIVE US THE VALVES AND WE'LL LET YA WALK OUTTA HERE!"
04-23-2017, 09:10 AM (This post was last modified: 04-23-2017 09:11 AM by Bramzter.)
Oh god the pain why, Klaas keeps his head down and tries to stop the bleeding on his leg

"AAAAUUUUGH GO FUCK YOURSELF YOU LONG HAIRED PIECE OF TRASH, YOU COULD'NT FLY A AIRSHIP EVEN IF IT YOU TRIED, YOU AIN'T GETTING SHIT GET OFF OUR SHIP
04-23-2017, 09:25 AM
Colville looked to Shae.

"Lure him out. If I can get more of an openin', he's done for."
04-23-2017, 10:20 AM
Shae grimaces and thinks to herself. 'That's easy for you to say....' She sighs and pulls out her valves and yells. "Is this what you're looking for?"
04-23-2017, 10:22 AM
The figure shifted slightly behind the rail, talking to someone out of sight behind him, before turning back to yell. "YEAH! BRING 'EM UP HERE! AND NOBODY ELSE GET ANY CLOSER, Y'HEAR?"
04-23-2017, 10:43 AM
"Bastard ain't alone... Tell 'im no can do, that he'll need to send someone out."

Colville trained his sights on the rifleman again.
04-23-2017, 01:27 PM
Iona thinks this can be worked out peacefully still!!

"I'm sure we can work something out! I am a nobleman, and a man of honor - If I come up there unarmed, will you discuss the terms of peace with me?"
04-23-2017, 01:29 PM
"Good idea, see how many are up there, lure ' em out, and I'll pick off the meanest one. Be careful up there, Cold Iron."
04-23-2017, 01:29 PM
"YEAH, SURE, JUST BRING UP THE VALVES! AND ONLY ONE OF YA CAN COME UP!"

Sofía, notably, hadn't taken cover, and was just kind of looking around at unfolding events with a look of massive worry on her face.
04-23-2017, 01:30 PM
"I will not bring the valves yet, friend! I will come up unarmed, but not with the items you seek!"
04-23-2017, 01:41 PM
Godfrey was just kind of dizzily wandering about in the general area.

Craaaaazy.
04-23-2017, 02:11 PM
The gunman looked away from the rail again, talking to some unseen figure, before looking back. "ALRIGHT! BUT STILL ONLY ONE OF Y'ALL CAN COME UP!"
04-23-2017, 02:57 PM
Marilyn jumped a bit at the sound of gunfire. Who the hell was on their ship?! She hoped Bakker was okay. Honestly, Marilyn was tired, and there was shit all she could do in this situation. Aside from, of course, keeping a hold on the ship's valves that she had, preventing the airship from leaving. Good move, Shae.

Standing next to Sofia, Marilyn wasn't able to do much but watch. And watch she did.
04-23-2017, 03:31 PM
Shae looked to Iona and kinda sized him up a bit, being wary of what Marilyn said. "You can head up Iona..." Shae headed to the closest cover she could find. When the guy's attention would shift to Iona when he climbs up Shae would sneak over to the other side of the ship.
04-24-2017, 03:14 AM
Lilah wasn't totally sure what you needed valves for on an airship. She was even less sure that Iona was able to carry out a negotiation that didn't involve sitting on Godfrey, even if he did seem a little more confident since that whole episode. "Iona, darling, be careful! Are you sure you don't want me to go along? Even that crazed man couldn't possibly consider me a threat!"
04-24-2017, 03:31 PM
Iona passes his gun off to Shae, and shakes his head at Lilah. "I will be fine, I assure you! I am not such a coward as to ask someone to risk their life over my own. Wish me luck, my friends."

With that, he begins walking towards the ship!
Today, 02:38 PM (This post was last modified: Today 02:46 PM by Demonsul.)
Iona abandoned his weapon and climbed the ladder. Sofía meanwhile guided Marilyn over to take cover behind one of the spikes.

The figure at the rail remained there, watching them, holding his gun ready.
Today, 04:25 PM
Shae would slowly walk to another rock close to the ship.