In Progress ABYSS: A Regrettable Foray
Yesterday, 04:13 PM
RE: ABYSS: A Regrettable Foray
"Thank you!" She nodded and touched him real quickly and pulled away.
Yesterday, 04:14 PM
Nothing happened. It was just vaguely awkward.
Yesterday, 04:15 PM
Lilah made it on deck in time to see Shae awkwardly touching Godfrey's arm for some reason? It was not the weirdest thing going on right now.

"What happened?! That poor man - was there really nothing else you could do?"
Yesterday, 04:18 PM
"It was a split second reaction. There was probably something else I could've done," Godfrey admitted to Lilah, looking over. "In the heat of the moment, however, well...he was shooting at Shae, they'd attempted to steal our ship, so I drew my sword with intent to kill. Hindsight is an eagle's stare, I suppose, but not much can be done about it now."

Godfrey then looked to Shae.

"Hm. Perhaps it was the adrenaline of the moment? Or the ferocity with which you grabbed him?"
Yesterday, 04:20 PM (This post was last modified: Yesterday 04:22 PM by Demonsul.)
The dead man was already wrapped up in canvas, so aside from the pool of blood there wasn't any visible evidence of the violence Godfrey had committed.

The man tied to the railings (well, the one who wasn't Bakker) had a clearly visible handprint burn on his arm, though. He seemed to be looking at Shae like she was a demon.

Colville tracked the two men's trail to the treeline. Would he follow the trail out of the valley?
Yesterday, 04:21 PM (This post was last modified: Yesterday 04:22 PM by Kocel.)
Colville sighs, going to babysit Iona again.

"Can't tell where the sonsabitches came at our ship from. Somewhere beyond the treeline."
Yesterday, 04:22 PM (This post was last modified: Yesterday 04:25 PM by SupahKiven.)
As Marilyn looked over her room, she realized that she forgot how fucking small these rooms were. Fuck, okay. She scrubbed away her message and wrote something else as she picked up a skirt and some spare shirts off of the ground.

<'Actually, I'll just set you up with a room.'> After a moment, Marilyn narrowed her eyes and wrote out something else. <'How far from the valley do we have to be before I get my answers?'>
Yesterday, 04:24 PM
"I think... I have an idea of what caused it... " She looked between Godfrey and Lilah... Then uncomfortablely at the dude on the railing. "I'm... going to lay Bakker down... and uh.. I guess tape my wound?" She picked Bakker up fireman style. She winced and let out a small yelp for her side. She headed downstairs and layed him down.
Yesterday, 04:24 PM (This post was last modified: Yesterday 04:24 PM by Demonsul.)
<"I'll talk to you tonight,"> said Sofía, looking around at the mess. <"Need a hand?">

Shae walked past them, picking her way through the debris while carrying Bakker, before safely depositing him in his room.
Yesterday, 04:30 PM (This post was last modified: Yesterday 04:44 PM by SupahKiven.)
<'It's fine.'> Marilyn wrote back. <'I don't have too much stuff, and I don't know how well the others will take you touching their stuff.'> She stuffed some of her crap into her suitcase, though she paused to write something for Sofia first.

<'We can meet at in the back near the boiler. Or up on deck when everybody's sleeping. That's as private as we can get.'>
Yesterday, 04:34 PM
After a moment’s thought, Lilah followed Shae downstairs. Godfrey seemed to have come to his senses, but there was still an awful lot of blood on deck for her comfort. Besides, once Bakker was seen to she could finally get some water.

Once downstairs, she tried to help Shae with Doctor Bakker. Should have stayed with the first-aid training. The gun had just been so fun, and it hadn’t seriously crossed her mind that their new skills would wind up being relevant. “It’s so terrible,” she said to Shae once she caught up. “How are you holding up, Shae darling? I can tell you, I’m just quaking down to my shoes. I never knew this expedition would be so...”
Yesterday, 04:51 PM (This post was last modified: Yesterday 04:54 PM by pail.)
Shae Jumped when she heard Lilah talk. She was kind of lost in her head at the moment so she was caught off guard by her suddenly speaking up after helping her with Bakker. "Y-Yeah... I was not expecting this situation... I'm sad it had to go that way, but I'm thankful I'm alive..." She was being very guarded about being near her though, not wanting to touch her. She didn't want any accidents, burn scars aren't fun. "I was lucky, I was only grazed by a bullet. It could've been a lot worse... Hey... Do you have any bandages... or something..? It kinda stings... a lot."
Yesterday, 04:59 PM
"Oh, I didn't realize you were wounded! One moment!"

Lilah started looking around for some bandages. Also, some water while she was at it.
Yesterday, 05:01 PM (This post was last modified: Yesterday 05:01 PM by Demonsul.)
Lilah looked through the giant heap of ransacked supplies, quickly finding a bandage and one of the canteens of water.
Yesterday, 07:04 PM
Iona fidgets, staring at the ground as tears pour from his eyes.

"They were just... They were just men. The one Shae grabbed, he was... he was just terrified. Terrified of this place, terrified that we'd been touched by its evil. He was a good man - I tried so hard to tell you all that he was a good man. He recited passages from the Lord's good book, softened when I implored him to help us... the only reason the one that... that monster killed was hostile was because he was scared. They'd been hurt before, by the sounds of it - talked about how they were afraid about us being like 'the last ones', whoever they were. And look at us: as it turns out, we were much worse... They're no different from us." His pace picks up. "Just scared. Scared and alone and afraid. And now one's dead, and the other's terrified and injured. I... I couldn't save them. I couldn't spare them. I tried so hard, and he just..." Iona clutches at his head.

"He wouldn't listen. None of them listened. This didn't have to happen. No one had to die, but they did, and it's just as much my fault as Godfrey's."
Yesterday, 08:13 PM
Klaas looks over the man that is now tied onto the railing and at-least tries to treat the weird hand burn somewhat.

"Look buddy, We were offering to give you guys a ride and you people shot at us. You know violence begets violence right? This is basically all your fault bub, Now now now i know i know this temple is... something else and you probably want to get home as soon as possible but i need to be sure that you are willing to bury this hatchet and not stab us in our sleep yeah? We all get back to civilization, get the navy and blow this place to smithereens. Doesn't that sound nice? "

Klaas doesn't seem to be paying attention to actually converse with the person, He's more like muttering to himself and focusing on atleast getting the guy some decent first aid.
Today, 02:58 AM
"Ain't that way, pardner. Ain't no one's fault but the world we live in. That feller had his mind made up to take ya hostage the minute you got up there. Ain't no changing a man's mind when he does somethin' like that."

Colville puffs his cigarette.

"Besides, they' were grown men. They saw that we were armed. They knew there was a chance they'd get killed, and they thought it was worth the risk. Pretty sure they'd made good with the idea of even killin' us. They hold most of the blame here, Cold Iron, not you."