Signups Crusade
12-21-2017, 04:15 PM
RE: Crusade
"I suppose I can help secure the coast, at least until I need to find that pass between Sendrington and Stargoss," says Tomis.

The one, the only, Vancho!
12-21-2017, 04:24 PM
"Ah, luminous Captain Ri! Did you come for your quests?"
12-21-2017, 10:34 PM
"My army will take the river and support the forces taking the West and the East. If nothing else, we can secure the river and its cities for logistical and supply purposes." Conrad said. "If nothing comes of the River, I can help out in the West."

12-22-2017, 07:46 AM
"If we are claiming our own missions," said d'Orion to the assembled lords, "I will assist King Conrad in heading south upriver, with my small force. That leaves Lords Marco and Archeron to take the east, I believe, unless they object. Though it does still leave the question of the leaderless army."
12-22-2017, 12:04 PM (This post was last modified: 12-22-2017 12:04 PM by Protoman.)
"Yes, yes, wonderful! I'm glad we are all in accord, and that our collective cunning has allowed us to come to this decision! Our magnificence will be witnessed by all the world! King Comrade, do be a dear and handle the specifics for Ri and all those minor missions, hm? Thank you, darling, I look forward to working with you in the future." She tosses him the rolled up scroll.

"Marcellus! My dearest companion and most trusted ally! Let us be off!" She puts her hat on her head and marches off, clapping for her army to follow her.
12-22-2017, 01:13 PM
"Whatever you say." With that, Marcellus was off, following after Monika. He yawned again, scratching at his nose. This oughtta be fun.
12-22-2017, 02:33 PM
"I can do that," Archeron nods.
12-22-2017, 02:41 PM
Monica and Marcellus marched off! Their forces went with them, leaving the square a little less crowded.
12-22-2017, 03:20 PM
Ri watches Monica fuck off leave to pursue MISSIONS FOR SOLARION HIMSELF!

He then turns to Conrad and tilts his head, like a zealous, armor-clad puppy.
12-22-2017, 04:58 PM
As nobody seems to have taken an interest in the leaderless army, Tomis will go among them and have his mercenary captains find the best men and offer them a position. As for the rest, he will see if any of the others want to take them, and if not he'll leave a captain to garrison the city and wait for a new commander from overseas.

12-23-2017, 02:12 AM
Conrad simply glared at Monica as she strode off. locking his jaw he opened up the scroll and looked at the details.

"Alright there are a few missions left over here for the smaller forces. The most immediate is for a small, fast moving mounted party to chase after the mayor of this city and capture him. I would add a personal caveat if it is clear that you're unlikely to get a hold of him, then it is better to let it go and return to pursue more pertinent missions. On top of this there are missions for smaller contingents of crusaders to seize the smaller coastal towns the main thrust of the crusade is likely to miss on the march. And finally there are missions for small scouting parties to brave the far side of the mountain ranges in case there are passes in places we aren't currently looking at. Captain Ri, which do you feel suits your paladins at this moment?"

12-24-2017, 12:36 PM
"WE CAN SCOUT THE WICKED WILDS, ROUTING OUT FORCES OF THE STARS THAT SEEK TO HIDE IN THE TWISTED SHADOWS OF THE MOUNTAINS!"

Ri, notably, didn't have a horse. Or a very good definition of siege warfare.
12-24-2017, 07:02 PM
Archeron is going to go to Marco and see what plans he has in regards to the East.
12-25-2017, 05:10 PM
Once the recruiting is done, Tomis leaves the rest of the leaderless army with one of his captains to stay as a garrison and departs after Monica.

12-26-2017, 03:38 AM
Tomis and his captains spent some time inspecting the leaderless army, and quickly came to the conclusion that it was mostly a poorly organized peasant levy. Only a few members had any kind of leadership potential that they could see in their cursory look, and of those only the knight Alexander was actually willing to take on the responsibility, albeit reluctantly. He planned to help Rauth hold the city until word got to his liege's heir and they decided what to do with what was now their army.

Archeron left the square while this was going on, and Tomis soon left too.
12-28-2017, 05:59 AM
Conrad rolled up the scroll after giving out the missions, gave the orders to have his army gathered up and prepare to march.

12-28-2017, 12:57 PM
And so Conrad departed, leaving Ri without clear orders. It was probably how the legendary captain operated best anyway.

With armies leaving the city from every point on the compass, the Crusade had truly begun...