Masks: DC DROPSHIP TRIP
02-14-2018, 04:34 PM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2018 12:40 PM by Cidellus.)
Masks: DC DROPSHIP TRIP
All TEAM FLOOD stuff goes here now to make stuff easier!

Team Flood - Team devoted to uncovering the ancient ruins beneath Rainwalk and flooding Texas!

Yasmine - Flood
Alexandria - Flood
Dragonfly II - Flood
Solar Flare - Flood
Blue Armored Lady - Flood
Maria - Flood
Dr. Emily - Flood
Nick Urias - Flood
The Demon - Flood
Don Diamante - Flood
Athena - Flood
Adrasteia - Flood
Chalchi - Flood
Sir Kenneth Bevill - Flood
Agent Jasper Wolfe - Flood

Dragonfly II was flying around above the courtyard, keeping an eye out for robots!

Solar Flare was standing around waiting for people to move on. He was keeping an eye out for enemies, though.

The Blue Armored Lady had disappeared, strangely.

Nick Urias was standing around idly, while the Demon was examining a manhole cover!

Don Diamante was leaning against a wall with his arms crossed.

Athena was speaking with Jasper, since the rendezvous would be up to him. Adrasteia, meanwhile, was keeping watch for robots.

Chalchi was accumulating nearby water, and Bevill was attempting to pry up a manhole cover using his cane. He seemed to be bending the manhole cover with it, somehow.
02-14-2018, 04:48 PM
RE: Masks: TEAM FLOOD
Maria set down her shrine, disappeared, and returned as an avatar. She was wearing a False Set Of Armor, because like fuck she TOTALLY expected this body to die and she didn’t want to lose her actual nice armor to it. She ran behind Dr Hartmann and shoved the shrine in the back of her backpack. “Hey, if I die, put this down somewhere please, don’t worry about that for now also,”

And then she turned to mist, and went down through the holes in the manhole cover. She’d materialize inside and help open the manhole from the inside, and then mist away to scout ahead.
02-14-2018, 04:49 PM
"Uh-" Emily turned around to ask one of several questions, just in time to see Maria turn to mist and leave.

Okay.
02-14-2018, 04:51 PM
Lux focused on her illusion. She'd move out when the others did, trying to keep them within her shroud if possible.
02-15-2018, 02:52 PM
Maria and Bevill managed to open the manhole cover, and the team all jumped down into the smelly, disgusting sewers! The Demon pulled the manhole cover back over, and Nick seemed to weld it shut with heat magic before the Demon engraved a bunch of strange glowing runes into it.

"Should keep them back for a bit," the Demon said.

Meanwhile, Maria misted around, scouting the various angles. A number of drones seemed to be patrolling through the sewers, which would likely complicate things.
02-16-2018, 03:53 AM
Maria returned to the group, and relayed this. “Think we can pull what just got pulled again, or are we gunning and running?” She whispered.
02-16-2018, 05:15 AM (This post was last modified: 02-16-2018 05:16 AM by Whimbrel.)
Lux looked to Maria and weighed in quietly. "If they can't see beyond visible light, invisibility is fairly simple. I think they're likely prepared for that, though. Still, if we can move carefully and avoid them, there's less chance of being swarmed before we reach...wherever it is Siren needs to be."
02-16-2018, 05:30 AM
“Right. Okay, let’s find out exactly where that is.” Siren was still a little shaken from the landing, but she did her best to focus on where the spear was leading her.
02-16-2018, 08:49 AM
Maria blinked. “You’re suggesting they’ve got heatvision. Is that all we’re watching out for? I think I can make it a little cooler around you guys, but that’s only of minor help, I think. Demon, Nick, anything in the arsenal to fudge the heat, or noise?”
02-16-2018, 04:27 PM (This post was last modified: 02-16-2018 04:27 PM by Cidellus.)
The Demon thought about it.

"If I make a telekinetic bubble around us, it should insulate the noise we make from the outside world," she said.

"As for heat..." Nick thought aloud. "I could try creating a mist? Might work. Can create water from scratch, afterall."

"I don't think that'll be helpful," Adrasteia said. "A big cloud of mist moving through the sewers is still pretty obvious."

Siren's spear began leading them deeper into the sewers, where the robots became more and more sparse...thankfully...
02-16-2018, 04:34 PM
"Well. Can you keep your mist inside my shroud, Coyote?" Lex relinquished any efforts she was putting towards the earlier illusions, if those hadn't gone out of her range at this point, and tried to make an invisibility bubble of her shroud, centering on herself for ease. Hopefully it would be big enough that people weren't stepping on each other.
02-16-2018, 05:16 PM (This post was last modified: 02-16-2018 05:18 PM by Corn.)
Maria pointed at Lex, looking to everyone else. “Lux shrouds us, Demon keeps us quiet, Nick grabs us some more mist to lower the temptature we put off, and I make sure it all stays within the bubble and the shroud, and that it stays even if you can only bring it into existence, Nick. I think that’s about the best we can do. If we fuck up, we gun and move on quick. Sound good? Sound right?”

Maria disappated, and formed herself into an even layer inside the shroud. ”We ready?”
02-17-2018, 02:09 PM
They were!

And so the team proceeded onward, successfully sneaking by a number of drones before finally reaching a rather deep and forgotten part of the sewers. There, Yasmine's spear guided her down.

It seemed there was something hidden beneath the concrete cement floor.
02-17-2018, 02:13 PM
Lux pulled an impossibly dark sword out of her ring and pointed it down, but didn't yet press it into the concrete. "Anything delicate or explosive in the way or are we good to cut through?"
02-17-2018, 04:52 PM
If asked, Siren's lizardmen would inform her that it was safe!
02-18-2018, 08:41 AM
Upon hearing a confirmation from Siren, Lux used her sword to cut through the floor!
02-18-2018, 12:37 PM
Slicing through the floor several times, the concrete eventually shattered, revealing a rather deep cavern stretching underneath. Down several dozen feet, at the very bottom, was a small slot. It was just the right size for Siren's spear.
02-18-2018, 02:54 PM
When the opening was big enough for wings, she stepped back, demanifesting her sword, and the tendrils of her shroud began to uncoil from themselves and retract, opening holes in the invisible bubble on all sides. At the same moment, one-sided illusions of an empty sewer corridor sprung up to face any open corridors of the sewers. "Would have been nice to have stairs. Who needs help getting down? Siren?"
02-19-2018, 03:30 AM (This post was last modified: 02-19-2018 03:31 AM by Kadis.)
"A little help would be great, thanks," Siren said, then accepted whatever help Lux could offer her getting down. Fish didn't fly so great.

Once at the bottom, she waited for everyone else. When they were down (and if no robots caught on to Lux's illusions), she'd slide the spear into the keyhole.
02-19-2018, 04:49 AM
Maria scouted around the cavern while all this was happening. Just to make sure.
02-19-2018, 05:10 AM
Lux wasn't really a strong enough flyer to carry someone else, so she brandished her scepter and smacked Solar Flare with a sunbeam. "Strong enough for elevator duty? she 'asked', in a tone that more presumed he was going to do it because she told him to.

She also glanced at Dragonfly and smiled encouragingly, figuring her sister would take her own initiative on this to help out.

Lux would stay up on top until everyone who needed help was down since she probably had a better shot at Solar Flare from a stationary position, then do a controlled glide or fall herself with the help of her wings to get down on the ground floor.
02-19-2018, 07:14 AM
Solar Flare and the Dragonfly helped everybody down the hole.

Except for a few, of course. Athena just pulled out a rope, nailed it into a wall, and rappelled down into the hole. Don Diamante also just jumped right down, landing with a loud thud at the bottom. The blue armored lady shot a grapple hook arrow at the wall and did something similar to the Goddess of Wisdom.

By the end, regardless, all were down in the hole. Yasmine stuck the spear into the hole, and engravings around the cylindrical hole began to glow purple. A few moments later, they began to move down.

And down.

And down.

And then the cylinder slid open, and they stepped out into a massive underground city far beneath Rainwalk. Huge pyramids stood atop the highest crags, while countless houses and other buildings stood in the lower portions of the city. It was surrounded by darkness, with only green, glowing mushrooms providing light throughout the cavern.

Of course, Lex could see through the darkness, and what Lex saw horrified her. The cavern wall around them was covered in slithering tentacles and tendrils that seemed to have its source down beneath the city.

At the moment they arrived, a deep, thunderous voice rang in everybody's mind.

"I sense the spear among you. I also sense the metal horde above. Surrender the spear to me, and I will vanquish the horde, and you shall have honored places at my side. Refuse this offer at your peril, for you are in my domain."
02-19-2018, 07:49 AM
Maria shivered. And started inching toward Doc Emily. “... Siren. Who. Is. This.” She hissed.
02-19-2018, 07:51 AM
"What... the fuck... was that?"
02-19-2018, 08:26 AM
Siren didn’t answer immediately! She was having a hard time moving, and blinking was feeling like more and more of a challenge. The ghost city had always been kind of theoretical - it looked a lot deeper in damp stone and bizarre green phosphorescent mushroom-light than it had in her imagined adventures. How does the city just keep moving on top of all this? She had a weird flashback to a college recruiter at her school talking about how Rainwalk was ‘full of history’. Not like, good history, but…

At Maria’s question she finally startled out of herself. She couldn't really see the tentacles like Lux could, but the voice still seemed to burrow into her brain and tangle her thoughts. Guys, what is that voice? Is that what destroyed this place? What the hell is it?!
02-19-2018, 09:12 AM
"Oh, gross," was her immediate, muttered reaction. She flinched back with disgust writ large in her body language. She tried to force herself to relax but she felt very tense. It looked DISGUSTING and FILTHY and she didn't want to have to touch ANY of that. She really wanted it to disappear, or at least get more aesthetically positioned and stop OOZING BLACK PUS everywhere.

"Siren, is this your...ancient machinery? It's...ugh, it looks a bit.... overgrown?"
02-19-2018, 09:15 AM (This post was last modified: 02-19-2018 11:09 AM by Cidellus.)
"The place is tainted," the spirits replied to Siren. "The one who destroyed our civilization now lives beneath our city, threatening to consume all who live above. Be careful, and head for the highest pyramid. There, you will find the machine you seek. It will still function, though there will be a fight between here and there."

"We need to move," Athena said. "The longer we wait, the more preparations this thing can place."

Athena started walking down the steps from the cylinder into the city proper. She didn't seem like she was going to wait if nobody followed her.

Fortunately, Adrasteia did follow Athena, as did Bevill and Chalchi.

Nick was pulling various ski-masks out of his pocket, which the Demon seemed to be placing enchantments on. The others were waiting for Siren to provide an answer.
02-19-2018, 11:17 AM (This post was last modified: 02-19-2018 11:19 AM by Whimbrel.)
"Hold your roll, we need to know which way to go first. Pyramids? Downtown? Somewhere hidden behind one of those pustulent, oozing tentacles? Ugh, it better not be at the base of them, that's seriously disgusting. And what's the word on those mushrooms? Safe to touch, avoid, burn on sight?"
02-19-2018, 11:23 AM
Athena looked back.

"There's only one way to go from the cylinders, child, and we don't have limitless time. Siren can direct us as we go," Athena said, continuing her movement down the steps.
02-19-2018, 11:35 AM (This post was last modified: 02-19-2018 11:36 AM by Whimbrel.)
Lux rolled her eyes. There were like, a MILLION ways to go. "Hm, well. You're the one with the spear. She's going to feel real silly if that was the voice of a yucky old timey AI or something." She told Siren.
02-19-2018, 12:22 PM
Siren came out of her trance with a start. "We need to get to the highest pyramid," she told the others, not really registering the conversation that had been going on around her. "There's going to be trouble before then, though. We should keep our guard up, though."

"This... thing, won't give up easy. It's pretty old, and it destroyed their - my advisers - civilization. This whole place is probably corrupted." And she'd brought a pointy stick to an elder god fight. "I'll ask about the mushroo-"

"-wait, what do you mean, overgrown? I can't see in the dark."
02-19-2018, 12:31 PM (This post was last modified: 02-19-2018 12:33 PM by Whimbrel.)
"Ugh, right. It's not lit up. Forgot about that. Hold on." Lux sighed. She created a small illusion to float just above the palms of her hand to show the cavern as she saw it. A tiny holographic structure, sort of. The city, the pyramids, the mushrooms....and the writhing, oozing tentacles that seemed to come up from somewhere beneath the city, coating the walls of the cavern in a horrific manner. "With the whole...wall, situation, and all."
02-19-2018, 12:36 PM
"...As usual, I'll do my best to keep you all alive."

Emily is so far out of her element here. Giant tentacle gods, now? That's fucked up.
02-19-2018, 12:39 PM
"Here," the Demon said, handing everybody ski masks, headbands, beanies, and various other random pieces of head equipment that had been in Nick's coat. It was mostly ski-masks, though. "I've enchanted these. They should help against mind control and domination. Don't depend on them too much, though. I'm not as powerful as whatever's down here."
02-19-2018, 12:42 PM
"YEUP yes please. Taking thaaaaaat," Lux grabbed a beanie. It went on over her crown, making it rather lumpy and glowy around the band. The illusion hovered in place where she'd formed it, evidently not needing to stay on the palm of her hand for anything other than aesthetic purposes.
02-19-2018, 01:08 PM
"Mind control, of course." Emily takes a beanie, because it's less sketchy than a ski mask. "I shouldn't be surprised."
02-20-2018, 05:40 AM
Siren's eyes went deer-in-headlights big when Lux's hologram flickered into view. She gripped the spear and murmured something - if anyone could hear, it would have sounded like a stammered condolence. "...didn't know it was this bad... I'm so sorry..."

Once she'd got ahold of herself, she grabbed a ski mask and turned away to put in on instead of her own superhero mask. Man, so much for her carefully designed TV-friendly costume - she was basically just in a dirty white wetsuit and a bank robber mask by this point. At least the eldritch horror was unlikely to have a talk show.

While anyone else got kitted out she'd also ask the lizards for some directions. What was their best route to the big pyramid, did they think? Was it worth trying to sneak around this... whatever this thing was?
02-20-2018, 05:57 AM (This post was last modified: 02-20-2018 06:12 AM by Corn.)
[[EDITED]]

Maria... took a headband from Demon. And then flew out ahead, materializing to shove it down on Bevill’s head. She remembered last time. Right. Misting again. Toward the big pyramid. Trying to uhh, check out whatever they were about to get their hands dirty with...
02-20-2018, 07:42 AM
The fastest route was through the main streets, but that would also involve the heaviest fights. Alternatively they could move through the sidestreets.

The lord of the city would likely be throwing all manner of obstacles in their path regardless. They could not hide from him, for he could sense their minds. All they could do was try to avoid fighting for as long as possible.
02-20-2018, 08:00 AM
Lux was in favor of the side-streets for a slight tactical advantage via narrower streets, and due to the whole 'mindsensing' thing, wasn't afraid to keep to the rooftops with her impossible to miss light-wings. She left Solar Flare in the group, where she could hit him with a beam if there looked like a heavy duty threat up ahead. She figured, dark vision and all, Lux was probably a better look-out than Solar Flare here.
02-20-2018, 01:05 PM
Emily's okay with taking the side streets. That can't go wrong!
02-21-2018, 06:59 AM
The group proceeded through the dark and desolate sidestreets, surrounded by cracked and decayed buildings that formed the corpse of a once-thriving civilization. Every step they took felt watched, though Lex could see no watchers as she kept vigil from the rooftops.

Then, with alarming suddenness, the floor beneath Lex's feet melted, consuming her legs and dragging her beneath. Tendrils came up, grasping her to aid in pulling her down.

On the ground, the groups saw the walls beginning to melt, and all manner of horrors began to pour out of them. Many were humanoid, with countless eyes, protruding teeth-filled maws, and split, slithering limbs. They appeared fluid while also appearing solid, and they seemed to shift as they moved, their forms everchanging.

What was certain is that there were a lot of them. And they were all around them.
02-21-2018, 07:03 AM
Emily silently wondered if maybe eldritch horrors would be harmed by healing. Maybe then she'd be useful here!

Oh god everything is terrible.
02-21-2018, 10:14 AM
"Disgusting! G-get off me!!" Lux shrieked, as the floor rose up and grabbed at her. She tried to pull away with a panicked flutter of wings, manifesting a rain of hard-light spears to strike the roof simultaneously.
02-22-2018, 02:09 AM
Siren gaped horrified at the seething mass of enemies, then readied her spear and did her best to take a defensive stance to protect Doctor Emily!

Cause man, it looked like they were going to need a medic.
02-22-2018, 05:59 AM
Ok, this whole thing as a concept? Not the worst. Not the absolute worst, but hearing Lux shriek turned it into the nightmare scenario... literally?

Maria backed to the good doctor to go get into her REAL body, since it looked like they needed it, and put on her damn stabby arsenal. Back in the pack, and then she was ready for business. She flew up to Lux, and tried to get her the fuck out of that??? A little panicked???? She had sharp implements for cutting away bad things and big buff arms to yoink her out with. Something had to happen.
02-22-2018, 07:30 AM (This post was last modified: 02-22-2018 07:44 AM by Cidellus.)
Lex tried flying away to no avail! It was like trying to pull herself out of quicksand! Her light spears, similarly, seemed to have no affect! Maria flew up a few moments later before materializing. She tried to slice through the consuming darkness, but found that the darkness expanded, beginning to consume her as well. Fortunately, turning into mist quickly freed her. Still, she had no way of freeing Lex! At that point, the Dragonfly arrived as well.

"Shit!" she shouted, trying to pull Lex out to no avail. "Shit shit shit!"

Emily remained, surrounded by enemies as Siren stood with her. The monsters charged, and Siren began striking and stabbing, the Spear of Oceanus cutting through them like a hot knife through butter. It seemed as if her weapon was quite effective against the horrors of the cave!

Athena had raised her shield, and was stabbing her spear into the oncoming monsters with expert speed and precision. It seemed to be doing some damage to them, though far less than the Spear of Oceanus. Regardless, she kept fighting, remaining highly mobile as she deflected and dodged strikes from the horrors that faced her.

Adrasteia fought similarly to her mother, though she utilized a sword, and was far more aggressive in her shield bashing and sword striking. Between the two of them, they were doing some good work in holding off one flank.

On another flank, Urias and the Demon were fighting side by side. Nick was throwing the occasional burst of fire (which didn't seem to do as much as he hoped) and taking pot shots while the Demon unloaded with her shotgun, taking out a couple of the monsters. When they got close, her bracelet seemed to transform into a flaming sword, and she began hacking her way through the endless hordes.

Don Diamante attempted to charge out into the monsters and start punching, but he found to his horror that their spikes and teeth tore right through his diamond skin, causing severe damage. Injured, he backed up, screaming an impressive string of expletives at them.

Solar Flare, powerless in the deep dark hole at nighttime, fought resolutely with his assault rifle! He stayed close to Dr. Emily, firing at whatever happened to get near.

The Blue Armored Lady was on the ground, weaving through monsters as she fired on them at close range with her bow. Didn't seem to be doing much, though it did provide a good distraction.

Bevill, laughing like a madman, was smashing monsters aside left and right with his surprisingly heavy cane. Occasionally, he also beat one with the massive chest he was carrying. All in all, it didn't seem to be KILLING the monsters, but his attacks were launching them back. Which delayed being overrun.

Finally, Chalchi had accumulated a rather vast amount of water, which she was now using to smash numerous monsters back from one of the flanks.
02-22-2018, 07:32 AM (This post was last modified: 02-22-2018 08:43 AM by Anomaly.)
Fuuuuck.

Emily really wished she could help out here, but yeah, she couldn't! She was just gonna stand here and probably die! That'd be fun!!!

And yet, feeling like she should at least try, Emily experimentally hit one of the monsters with a burst of healing. One of the ones the others weren't presently killing, because she didn't want to help the horrors.
02-22-2018, 07:55 AM
The Singularity Saber would be dangerous to bring out with Sydney and Maria right on top of her, and slicing didn't seem to be working anyway. So, she pulled out her Scepter instead, and aimed it down at the roof as best she could with everyone grabbing at her. It would be fine if she got burnt, she just couldn't stand to be caught like this, by this nasty evil sludge. She needed to get out. She fired!
02-23-2018, 06:40 AM
Damn. Damn. Siren might be new to this but the Spear was shredding through these things like tissue compared to her fellow heroes' weapons. No wonder the lord of the city - whatever tentacled ball of twisted dimensions it turned out to be - wanted the thing out of its enemies hands if this was what it did to its minions.

She tried to knock a few more back from Emily, then out of the corner of her eye saw Lux readying her scepter. Would that work..? If it didn't, Lux would still be trapped and struggling. But then Doctor Emily would be undefended down here, but then there were the others and the gods and... dammit, real battle involved a lot more split-second decisions than some bank robbery.

"Stay safe! I'm going to go help Lux get out!" she yelled to Emily, then tried to climb on the roof to cut Lux free! Hopefully without getting blasted by the scepter!