Masks: DC DROPSHIP TRIP
03-01-2018, 07:30 AM
RE: Masks: TEAM FLOOD
The lizards also answered Siren's earlier question!

Namely that the creatures would come to her if she called once they were in the growing sea near the city. They apparently lived in the caves and pipes that were pushing the water in.

The lizards also told Siren that the machine would be lowering the elevation of the Permian basin massively, as well as creating sea walls to compensate and keep the new inland sea contained. Rainwalk would exist on an island roughly three times the size of Manhattan, and it would exist about five miles off the coast.

Pretty sweet.
03-01-2018, 07:49 AM
Lux nodded at Siren. Fucking robots.

To Emily, she offered a shrug and the comment "It's a good look," before giving her own feathery-formed light wings a shake, collapsing them back into the shimmering, writhing tendrils of her shroud, which wrapped about the party and warped the light surrounding them. As before, forming a bubble of invisibility to hide their ascent.
03-02-2018, 01:28 AM
Pretty sweet!

Siren shared the information about the creatures with the others.
03-02-2018, 06:28 AM
“... After this is over, Siren, and everyone’s had time to put the world back together...” Maria sighed. “You’ll have a hand in taking this on. If you end up wanting it, you know how to get my attention now.”

And then she dissolved. Time to get these guys back up.
03-02-2018, 06:43 AM
They quickly made their way through the sewers and to the appropriate manhole cover, finding that most of the alien drones were now gone. Climbing up to the surface, they found that most of the robotic guardians of the city were on high alert.

Fortunately, this didn't stop Agent Jasper Wolfe from flying down with his cloaked dropship, blasting a number of them, landing on a street, and lowering the cargo ramp.

"LET'S GO!" he yelled over the dropship's loudspeaker.
03-02-2018, 06:46 AM
Lux gave a spiteful final blast to a piece of robotic rubble as she ran up to board the escape vehicle.
03-02-2018, 06:53 AM
Emily gets to the dropship, of course.
03-02-2018, 07:37 AM
Zoom!
03-02-2018, 09:29 AM
Siren follows the others!
03-02-2018, 12:53 PM
All the heroes rushed onto the transport as numerous robots rounded the corners, firing on them! Solar Flare took a shot through the back as the door closed, hitting the ground in extreme agony.

Fortunately, the door DID close, and the transport rushed off into the sky, headed towards the site of the robotic citadel out in the wastes.

Except it wasn't the wastes anymore. Looking out the front window, everybody could see that the Permian Basin was rather rapidly filling with water. And it seemed to be sinking at the same time.
03-02-2018, 01:00 PM
Oh shit.

Emily healed Solar Flare!
03-02-2018, 01:17 PM
Lux started to point her wand at Solar Flare, but hesitated. Unsure if it would even help, or if he might accidentally blast something if she charged him up suddenly---and then the good doctor stepped in and started fixing him, which meant she didn't need to act. Phew. Ok.

Lux seized the opportunity to...well, not really rest. She was still on alert. But to look out the window and space out a bit. Water up. Land down. She wondered what the death toll would be, from that. Was drowning a painful way to die? It probably was. It took longer than people thought to pass out from a lack of air. And you'd have the water in your lungs before that and--

And Bevill still holding his goddamn evil soul box. Predictably, entirely unnecessary. She felt a bit irritated, looking at it. Just a useless thing he'd decided to lug around on a super important mission. "Are you planning to put that down at all?" She asked.
03-02-2018, 02:46 PM
Solar Flare's wound began to heal!

"No," Bevill said, sitting down with the box in his lap. "Might come in handy."
03-02-2018, 02:47 PM
"Will definitely get in your way." She retorted.
03-02-2018, 03:03 PM
"It's quite a good weapon, actually," Bevill countered.
03-02-2018, 03:04 PM
She grumbled.
03-03-2018, 04:45 AM
By the time the transport reached the spot above the bunker, the entire site was completely submerged beneath the water. Jasper hovered above it, lowering the rear cargo ramp. Everybody got out of their seats.

It was time to join the action.
03-03-2018, 04:56 AM
"If the Assault team hasn't made an entrance, I can open one in the roof," Lux shouted. She'd fly out and take a look around, since not everyone could see in the dark.
03-03-2018, 02:04 PM
Siren was pretty silent the whole ride. She just kinda sat holding her spear, looking out the windows and watching the water rise.

When Lex spoke she started a little. "I'll go find them. Once I'm down there I can try to call the creatures too." Assuming no one objected, she'd jump out of the airship, dive into the brand new ocean, and start looking for Team Assault! She also tried to communicate with the lizards' creatures too, summoning them to her location.

And killed some robots if she saw them. Like, really laid into them to a kind of unnecessary degree. Fuck these robots.
03-03-2018, 04:16 PM
Welp! Maria left her shrine with the good doctor again, and dove right in. Chalchi could take care of the getting everyone down safely. She brought a bubble to breathe in, and went to find the action.
03-03-2018, 04:22 PM (This post was last modified: 03-03-2018 04:23 PM by Cidellus.)
Siren jumped down into the water, immediately swimming off at just about impossible speeds as she started circling around looking for a fight. Among other things.

Lex flew around above the surface, but the water was murky. She couldn't see much. Fortunately, Chalchi solved this problem by diving down into the water.

"Down here!" she yelled, inviting the others to jump. They did so with the exception of Solar Flare, who looked to the horizon and saw the sun rising. A smile spread on his face, and he flew off from the rear ramp and zoomed down into the water, contributing to the fight against the robots with underwater solar blasts.

Those who took Chalchi's offer found the water around them parting and lowering, forming a bubble around them as they were lowered down to the sea floor. There they saw the members of Team Assault, sitting near the door in a bubble of Tlaloc's making as Max and Emily hacked the door. Chalchi moved their own bubble over, reuniting the two teams! Maria could see the team as well, and could join with them if she wished!

(continued in the main thread)
03-08-2018, 12:40 PM
Vigil, Devana, the blue armored lady, Lux, Isidora, Bald Eagle, and the Rookie took off on a dropship headed to DC! It was piloted by Agent Mona Hudson. Nobody knew her.

INTERACTION TIME.
03-08-2018, 12:44 PM
RE: Masks: DC DROPSHIP TRIP
Isidora glances at Lex, but says nothing.
03-08-2018, 12:48 PM
Lux had been having a quiet but intense conversation with Dragonfly for a few minutes in the hangar. But eventually, she nodded abruptly, and walked away quickly towards the dropship, taking a seat far in. She wiped at her face a bit, and rested her face in her hands. She seemed to shimmer with an illusion, and her shroud was nowhere to be seen (She was, indeed, using it to hide some redness in her face.), but she could be heard taking deep breaths to calm herself down as they took off.

A few minutes in, she seemed to have collected herself, and looked around, making a quiet but disgusted noise upon registering that Isidora was onboard as well. Ugh.
03-08-2018, 12:57 PM
Isidora smirks at the noise. "Lux. Pleasure to see you."
03-08-2018, 01:01 PM
"The feeling is not mutual." She intoned. Some parts of her shroud flickered into sight, loosely coiled around Lux like a mirrory blanket.
03-08-2018, 01:09 PM
"And why might that be?" She crosses her legs. "Surely a single disagreement isn't grounds for such animosity."
03-08-2018, 01:17 PM
"...I do believe it's more than a 'single disagreement' where one side wishes to doom humanity, abandons their role in saving humanity, and then starts needling me at the very next opportunity."
03-08-2018, 01:20 PM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2018 01:20 PM by Protoman.)
Isidora shakes her head. "I didn't wish to doom humanity. I wished to present it an opportunity at salvation. Human sacrifice is unacceptable. As for the latter part: Would you call a pleasant greeting 'needling'? If 'nice to see you' is rude, I apologize - English is not my mother tongue." There's a degree of amusement in her voice, as she's fairly confident it ISN'T a faux-pas.
03-08-2018, 01:24 PM
Vigil, able to get a read on Alex's body language, turns to Devana.

"HEY DEVANA, DID I EVER TELL YOU HOW THE CHURCH AS A SYSTEM SUPPORTS OPPRESIVE, PATRIARCHAL SYSTEMS OF POWER"

He was being louder than usual.
03-08-2018, 01:26 PM
"Oh no!" Devana said, expertly feigning a tone of surprise and shock. "Please enlighten me on this!"
03-08-2018, 01:27 PM
Isidora frowns, somewhat hurt. She thought she was on good enough terms with Vigil, but here he is, pulling a full Iscariot. Damn.

She tents her fingers, uncrosses her legs, and leans over, deciding to simply wait out this ride.
03-08-2018, 01:29 PM
"YEAH, ALSO THEY LIKE TO GET KIDS IN YOUNG AND BRAINWASH THEM WITH ANIMATED FILMS STARRING VEGETABLES"
03-08-2018, 01:30 PM
Isidora breaks her choice fairly quickly. "FruitStories is a Protestant publication. It has nothing to do with The Church. At least keep your critiques straight."
03-08-2018, 01:30 PM
Vigil's interjection seems to ease the tension, and Lux relaxes slightly as he derails the conversation. It's good to have allies.
03-08-2018, 01:34 PM
"IS IT? HEY, DEVANA, REMEMBER WHEN I BEAT A GHOST WITH MAGIC AND A CAN OF SALT FROM MY KITCHEN CABINET? MAGIC IS GREAT. NOT AS GREAT AS SCIENCE, THOUGH."
03-08-2018, 01:35 PM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2018 01:36 PM by Protoman.)
"Are you trying to upset me? Because if so, you're doing a piss-poor job of it. The church is one of the primary promoters and funders of scientific research in the world, and I regularly work with wizards, Vigil. Again, if you feel the need to insult people over their religion like some sort of right-wing reactionary, at least do it well."
03-08-2018, 01:37 PM
"...Wait, did you really fight a ghost?"
03-08-2018, 01:39 PM
Isidora interjects again, on the defensive. "I did as well. A house full of them. Ghosts aren't uncommon."
03-08-2018, 01:40 PM
"Well I've never seen one," grumbled Lex, as though this was a personal slight that the universe had enacted against her. "...Besides that girl in DC..."
03-08-2018, 01:42 PM
Isidora pauses. Maybe this could be ground for peace. Maybe this douchebag kid could be less of a douchebag if she approached her as an equal.

"...If you'd like, I could show you there. I failed to exorcise the premises before the robot uprising drew my attention away. It would be dangerous, but you don't seem the type to be adverse towards putting yourself in dangerous situations."
03-08-2018, 01:46 PM
"IF YOU NEED A 101 ON GHOSTS, JUST CALL NICK URAS AND TELL HIM TO BILL ME. HE'S ALRIGHT."
03-08-2018, 01:47 PM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2018 01:50 PM by Protoman.)
"I'm well acquainted with Mr. Urias, thank you. I think everyone is. It's rather bizarre, honestly, how much he gets around."

She shrugs and looks back to Lex. "Your decision. It would be nice, having another competent individual there, though."
03-08-2018, 01:50 PM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2018 01:51 PM by Whimbrel.)
"...There's probably haunted houses in my city. I'll just hunt some down." She said, after taking a little to seriously consider Isidora's offer. She did want to see a ghost. But she also didn't trust this ...PERSON... at all. In the least. Ever. "...You said salt works on them?"
03-08-2018, 01:54 PM
Isidora shrugs and returns her eyes to the floor. So be it.
03-08-2018, 02:04 PM
"YEAH, NICK KNOWS MORE THAN ME. HAS TO BE, LIKE, CIRCLES."
03-08-2018, 02:16 PM
"...Did he help you fight the ghost, then...?" Lex tried to pry the details of this juicy spectral encounter out of Vigil, while simultaneously trying not to sound TOO curious. She's not a curious young thing. She's a serious and stoic world saving hero. And no one in this plane better forget it!
03-08-2018, 02:22 PM
Isidora pulls a pocket bible from her coat and begins reading. She tries to keep her mind off of her confusion. Why did Vigil turn on her so suddenly? It didn't matter, she supposed. Things were as they were and she wasn't about to go repairing bridges other people burned. She had one friend who was steady and true, and she was---

Nope. Isidora wouldn't dwell on that. Ceridwen was okay. She had to be. She had to be.

She bowed her head and began praying quietly to herself, getting ready for the long, lonely ride ahead of her.
03-08-2018, 02:43 PM
A couple hours later, their dropship finally touched down at the DC airport! The rear ramp lowered, and Mona spoke up to them.

"Thanks for flying Air KNIGHT! And thanks for your help, guys! Call if you ever need anything!" she shouted to them.

They were free to go!
03-08-2018, 02:44 PM
Isidora stands up and marches out, approaching the Pentagon swiftly as she can.