Mafia General Chat
10-27-2015, 06:22 PM
RE: Mafia General Chat
i can't find the qts for it which is fucking stupid because i know i was around for that

if op deletes their qt account does it delete the qts, though.... that might be the cause

since i have discovered i am actually missing A LOT of qts.

"Have some wine," the March Hare said in an encouraging tone.
Alice looked all round the table, but there was nothing on it but tea.
"I don't see any wine," she remarked.

(06-25-2013 09:31 AM)Chirality Wrote:  And then everyone cut the simplest explanations in tiny pieces then set them on fire then threw them in a lake and poisoned the lake.
10-27-2015, 06:26 PM
Doesn't work like that: I still have mine (or rather, wojjan's), so maybe you just deleted them for the sake of visual appeal.
10-27-2015, 06:28 PM
no

i would never do that

do you know how many qts i have for games that never even happened

(06-25-2013 09:31 AM)Chirality Wrote:  And then everyone cut the simplest explanations in tiny pieces then set them on fire then threw them in a lake and poisoned the lake.
10-27-2015, 06:33 PM
Remember that time when the entire scumteam revealed themselves before it was even MYLO to try and force a lynch on Mirdini? Except that Sruixan wanted to have an appropriately smug hammer post, so he just had me and Pala stand around awkwardly with our pants around our knees for 15 minutes while he finished writing up his manifesto?

And then Mirdini survived the lynch, only to get immediately day-killed by Oz, the vig who was so bad at his job that no one believed that they weren't a serial killer?

And then our traitor (GX) decided to roleblock Pala in the night because he wasn't paying attention when his entire team revealed themselves at the end of the day?

Maftrimony was a real trip, I still can't believe that it all actually happened.

Tumblr/Steam
10-27-2015, 06:36 PM
Oh my god I remember that

I used to be (and probably still am) so bad at mafia
10-27-2015, 07:41 PM
Maftrimony was terribad (do untecruited traitors with whom the scum team is utterly out of step with count toward overrun) but at least it was hilarribad flavourwise

Sruixan is such a fuckin goober, if he was still around he would shame me for not getting my vows written fast enough to shoot Granola in CH4 before he shot me
10-27-2015, 08:33 PM
[Image: Keyboard_zpsxtfw0ods.png]

"FUCK THIS KEYBOARD" is still one of the funniest things that's ever been said in any mafia game honestly.

Tumblr/Steam
10-28-2015, 12:49 AM
Actually, if I remember correctly, Mirdini survived his daykill only to be lynched anyways (and Schaz just wasn't around in time to not do both at the same time). Which was hilarious flavourwise, since his extra life was some henchguy if I recall correctly.

Also don't worry GX/Oz, we've all been terrible at times. I still don't ever want to be a vig again.
10-28-2015, 01:02 AM
Yeah what happened there was I let oz set a conditional to shoot Dini at H-1, which did not get revised as Dini approached hammer.

Aci was my consult for this shitshow paragon of How Not To Mod A Game and helped me decide votals wouldn't reset after Deens survived the daykill.
10-28-2015, 01:07 AM
Hey I thought you did a pretty good job most of the way through! It was just a suddenly confusing and difficult position to be in.

Worse mistakes have been made.
10-28-2015, 01:31 AM
Schmaltz Observer chat link for y'all. Apologies to Sruix for ruining the rest of the game.

http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/WR8qKRXJy7uA

(09-25-2015 09:43 PM)Coldblooded Wrote:  Granola congratulations on maintaining your reign as king of the bastards once again.
10-28-2015, 05:27 AM
Man, a buncha old people up in the forum

It's time to, T-T-T-T-T-T TRIPLE POST
10-28-2015, 09:42 AM
Small child

11-01-2015, 04:34 PM
oh man it's good that I never write in qts because that would be... upsetting.
reading back through posts in old games is bad enough

"We love eloquence for its own sake, and not for any truth which it may utter, or any heroism it may inspire."
-Henry David Thoreau
11-13-2015, 02:57 AM
So, unofficial fun poll time:

Of all of the mafia games you've played, which was your favorite, and why? (Or just use one of your favorites, if this is too hard.)
11-13-2015, 03:25 AM (This post was last modified: 11-13-2015 06:49 PM by amosmyn.)
Red Death - whoosh!
11-13-2015, 04:13 AM (This post was last modified: 11-13-2015 04:18 AM by ProfessorLizzard.)
I liked Schmaltz II because I got to be Sebastian. EDIT: Now I remember how badly I messed it up :(

But the most favourite one was Red Death I believe, for its flavourness.

It is time time
11-13-2015, 04:37 AM
i liked blendersongfia because of my flavor and credit, and my ability to somehow be the last mafia alive and also terrible

dC Wrote:donut is A FILTHY TRAITOR unreliable
11-13-2015, 04:40 AM
I don't know if I have an outright favourite, but I have lots that come close.

Bookfia was great because I got to be full on dastardly in the end and the game as a whole was fairly exciting. Ghetto Gardening was good because it was probably one of my best games as town and the only game where I replaced in and actually made a difference (this includes games where I replaced in after me mk.I died).

If I had to pick one though I'd say I have the fondest (but vaguest) memories of Salesfia. Things were crazy all around, but the best part by far was Schazer and I drowning Acio in fake/broken guns.
11-13-2015, 05:10 AM
My favorite was Sleep Deprived Mafia, with Frozen Hearts Mafia being a close second. Sleepfia was just great fun overall, and Frozen Hearts had me pulling off the most epic scumbait/daykill. Bookfia was also really fun though, mainly because of my Danielle Steel quirk.

[Image: sig.gif]
11-13-2015, 05:11 AM
Whoa, whoa, can you link Sleepfia? I'm hoping to run insomniac mafia, and it sounds like I am accidentally plagiarizing!
11-13-2015, 06:06 AM
I believe Sleep Deprived Mafia's quirk was the moderator had to write all of the flavor and process all actions only after being awake for at least 16 or so hours? Can't dredge up a link at the moment but I think that was it.

In terms of favorite games, hard for me to say. It's been a while. Winefia 2 was fun with the omnipotent role and pulling off the world's dumbest gambit successfully, but I also have memories of Dersehunt 4 that are rather fond. I know that game was probably an unpleasant shitshow for many (especially in the early days) but sitting around trying to work things out up to Day 14 kept me busy for weeks. It was fantastic, and one of the few games I got super-duper invested in.

and now, hunger does what sorrow could never do
website | @tehpilot
11-13-2015, 06:12 AM
(11-13-2015 03:25 AM)amosmyn Wrote:  Red Death - Wojjan
11-13-2015, 06:18 AM
linking because it deserves one:
http://www.mspaforums.com/showthread.php...o-thread-2

[Image: sig.gif]
11-13-2015, 06:41 AM
Quarantine because I got to explode on sotek face AND IT WORKED

11-13-2015, 07:25 AM
(11-13-2015 06:12 AM)Chirality Wrote:  
(11-13-2015 03:25 AM)amosmyn Wrote:  Red Death - Wojjan
After skimming the entire thread, I understand your enjoyment, but not the emphasis on Wojjan. Must have missed something.

Ah, Sleep-deprived mafia isn't an unintentional inspiration. Still, it looks like it was fun.

I think, even though I lost, Ghetto Gardening mafia was one of my favorites as well. It just went down very enjoyably, with a crazy mafia breakdown and an awesome comeback for town... flavor was good and the game was just very interesting.
11-13-2015, 07:35 AM (This post was last modified: 11-13-2015 07:37 AM by Druplesnubb.)
I think my favourite is Adventure Mafia because simply because of the perfect storm of wine that was Day 2, and also for how well I made practically everyone think I was town. I also loved how my scumteam in Traffic Jam Mafia managed to give me the prefect townclaim without even intending to at first; though I myself didn't replace in until after the fact. Radio Tower was also fun in the way me and Fwee turbobussed each other let the latter survive until endgame despite a ridiculous amount of evidence for the latter being scum. When it comes to town games Doubletake Mafia was the only game where I've been town leader (though that ended absolutely terribly for town).
11-13-2015, 07:41 AM
@speed might be wrong but im pretty sure he made that game
11-13-2015, 07:53 AM
Was this it?
11-13-2015, 08:16 AM
FTL Mafia, I think. A lot of mafias tie for good mechanics + good story, but FTL stands out as one where I actually feel I played well.

WHOA CHECK OUT ALL THESE MAFIA GAMES GUYS
(06-06-2016 06:12 AM)Coldblooded Wrote:  if there was ever a scumteam to overthink things and make a huge dramatic production out of day one, DC and Granola would probably be it.
11-13-2015, 08:44 AM (This post was last modified: 11-13-2015 08:45 AM by GenetiXientist.)
(11-13-2015 04:40 AM)Palamedes Wrote:  If I had to pick one though I'd say I have the fondest (but vaguest) memories of Salesfia. Things were crazy all around, but the best part by far was Schazer and I drowning Acio in fake/broken guns.

I'm sorry but please don't forget the fact that a) I lived until endgame as well, and b) you guys had us play an entire extra day where there was legitimately no chance of town winning just to screw with us. Oh, and c) I was convinced that the most new-player-esque of all new players was scum, because I was an idiot.

also I think that was the game where my "post walls via postwalls" move came to its forefront, as I quoted and responded to every single post in the thread at once

E: sleepfia was the best thing, even if I was a humongous jackass there
11-13-2015, 09:16 AM (This post was last modified: 11-13-2015 09:18 AM by anacreon.)
Radio Tower was my favorite. Although Reading the dersehunts and participating in a few of the intermissions were pretty good too even if i kept getting nked the night i had pinned one or two scum. I will say though the beta tests of chocolate PI witch hunts were fucking amazingly silly.

[Image: sonicsig2.jpg]
Steam
11-13-2015, 09:30 AM
I didn't forget that GX, it just wasn't the MOST memorable part for me :/.

Also for the record It wasn't our call to have the day go on, we actually were as confused as you guys were (turns out that if I lost my second life via lynching, and Q the SKGifter for some reason visited you or Acio instead of winning and shot me, you could have lynched Schazer and won the next day).

Sleepfia was great because I got in a huge fight with someone new to the forum that was a huge distraction for most of D1, and then got roleblocked and killed immediately by scum for some reason. Which apparently prevented me from using my random-nexus invincibility powers to kill the Obliterator out of nowhere. I mean, I didn't really get to play because of it (which is sort of a requirement for me to fully enjoy a game) but it was still a fun chain of events.

I think that was also around the time when I apparently became a good night one kill target? I've noticed that for a lot of games I don't seem to make it to D2 or survive until endgame as town - which, jokes on people who kill me early as a 'threat' because my standard town endgame plan is to run town into a loss.
11-13-2015, 11:05 AM
(11-13-2015 07:53 AM)speedchuck Wrote:  Was this it?

My bad! It's the user called 'woosh!'. But yes that game.
11-13-2015, 11:15 AM
Pala, are you saying that my gloriously stupid play is anything other than one of the most vivid examples of bad mafia in your entire life?

Why, that's almost reasonable!
11-13-2015, 11:25 AM
(11-13-2015 11:05 AM)amosmyn Wrote:  My bad! It's the user called 'woosh!'. But yes that game.

I skimmed through the game, it was pretty great.
11-13-2015, 12:54 PM
Hey GX remember when I was town arsonist and marked the wrong person at MYLO, killing them instead of scum, and then marked the right person but didn't kill them like an idiot?

Or when I accidentally claimed traitor as last scum standing?

Or 99% of all suikills in Crooks Hollow Games?

We are all awful at mafia at times and make huge mistakes :P.
11-13-2015, 12:57 PM
New topic: Personal "stupid things you've done in a mafia game" stories!

Lessee...I gave a gun to Visceral in DHI4, who used it to shoot a town revenge killer, who used their revenge kill to hit town. I also tried to bus a teammate by pushing a scumslip on them in Traffic Jam, which ended up backfiring spectacularly.

WHOA CHECK OUT ALL THESE MAFIA GAMES GUYS
(06-06-2016 06:12 AM)Coldblooded Wrote:  if there was ever a scumteam to overthink things and make a huge dramatic production out of day one, DC and Granola would probably be it.
11-13-2015, 01:18 PM
Oh another one: Acting mysterious enough to trick the last scum into mis-obliterating me in tinyhunt, winning the game for town.

Also acting scummy enough for revenge killer, who was oblitted before me, to target and kill me thus instead costing town the game.
11-13-2015, 01:34 PM
i'm really bad with guns

(i think there's a few more but i can't be bothered)

dC Wrote:donut is A FILTHY TRAITOR unreliable
11-13-2015, 01:48 PM (This post was last modified: 11-13-2015 01:49 PM by Granolaman.)
Quotefia ranks high in my books even though I didn't win. I very nearly pulled off a Watcher claim while the real Watcher was still alive and only botched it cuz Acio did his "SK pretending to be vig" thing too well. Even afterwards I still managed to snag the sexiest lynch in mafia history.

Revenge of Extreme Trainwreck also managed to live up to the hype where I accidentally wiped out the Town and doomed my friendly scum faction from beyond the grave.

I guess these stories apply to both thread topics now that I look

(09-25-2015 09:43 PM)Coldblooded Wrote:  Granola congratulations on maintaining your reign as king of the bastards once again.
11-13-2015, 01:56 PM
Man, I totally forgot about Revenge of Extreme Trainwreck. That was another good game too.

(And yikes it was so long ago.)

and now, hunger does what sorrow could never do
website | @tehpilot
11-13-2015, 02:14 PM
oh yeah, there was the game that i only posted in dangan ronpa memes.....

i forget which one that was. but how the fuck did u let me get away with that

also the game where x only posted in video game lines. and it wasn't even his role

11-13-2015, 02:55 PM
DH3 for beyond the grave Aradia trolling, quarantine for my catastrophic mid game exit and a team that pulled through eventually

Ridiculous clusterfuck, where I meta-bussed my scumbud by agreeing the moderator should let another player execute The Original

Salesfia for fake guns and a self-hammer on the last day to scum victory, bookfia even though I was a utter jackass to the scum team

Songfia because I got to ship people straight into the rocks and not give a shit about the actual game, and obviously neta mafia ranks highly

Also... A little shitshow called Ideosphere
11-13-2015, 02:57 PM
Every game I have ever modded or co-modded is a grievous error

(My contribution to sleepderpfia: the Gallis team and the "oblit+everyone can rolefirm via mod announcement)
11-13-2015, 04:28 PM
I wouldn't say you were a jackass, but your power was basically the bane of our existence yes.

I'm generally pretty proud of how I play when I'm last scum standing, especially when things are looking bad. it seems to happen a whole ton (and practice makes perfect I guess) and also allows me to maintain my meta of 'never let Pala be alive and on your team at game end because he will blow it'.
11-13-2015, 04:38 PM
I probably reduced your newbie traitor with the survivor claim to tears by hollering "hey I'm scum why don't you joint with me"
11-13-2015, 04:45 PM (This post was last modified: 11-13-2015 05:16 PM by Palamedes.)
Oh right, forgot about that. I thought that wasn't Gnauga's first game, but it's been long enough that I could have forgotten that detail.

Man I need to read more deadchats from games I played and lived (most of) the way through - but maybe not at 1 in the morning.
11-13-2015, 07:28 PM (This post was last modified: 11-13-2015 07:29 PM by Druplesnubb.)
My worst move was probably in Frozen Hearts when I acted as kingmaker Day 4, picking the town instead of scum. There was also that time in Adventure Mafia when my minor comment against a scummate (DC) was what ended up bringing him down.
11-14-2015, 01:57 AM
If anybody wants a backup game during the winefia thing, there are two games on the forum that currently need only five or six sign-ups.