In Progress Risk: Legacy - Game 3 (Turn 2)
07-17-2013, 09:25 AM (This post was last modified: 08-26-2014 08:06 AM by Palamedes.)
Risk: Legacy - Game 3 (Turn 2)
I know I mentioned a while ago I'd like start up a game at some point, but something too similar to the most popular option has already been taken and, again, I don't want to start something too arduous to update what with work and OS taking up my time.

I've decided that the perfect way to celebrate returning from my ten days forced vanishment due to a lack of a working computer would be to finally do what I said I'd do and start something.

It is the year 2218. After years of global warfare, theoretical and particle physicists, astronomers, and engineers worked together to reach a breathtaking breakthrough: the ability to create new Earths. Instead of warring over ever scarcer resources and ever diminishing supplies, factions could instead move to a more verdant Earth, fresh and untouched by the hands of humans. With great fanfare, countless colonists departed for the first Earth clone created, ready to leave war behind for good.

It took two months for the first battle to take place.

It turns out that humanity wasn't so ready to share, to give up past grudges or forgive trespasses. As future Earths were created and colonized, future wars continued to follow.

This is the story of one such new Earth. It is waiting for its story, for its wars. As of now it is but a blank slate, without even a city or name of its own. But that will change. The wars will come.

They always do.

Description: This is heavily based on a variation of Risk - one that is quite different from the vast majority you might find. Instead of simply a different map or a slightly tweaked rules system, this is a variation about decisions and change. The choices you make in one game will end up affecting future games, and very well drastically change the outcome of another. Your actions have consequences, and you shape the very nature of the board with each one.

Each game in Legacy is designed to be much shorter than the regular game of risk, ending when a player has won a certain amount of victory points as opposed to conquering the entire world. Early games are therefore likely be short and straightforward, but the decisions made in each game will echo throughout future ones, adding more and more complication and richness as the game goes on.

Rules: More and more rules are added into the game as it goes on. The (known) rules will always be kept updated here, for your convenience:

Game Start: Players start each game a victory token and a Scar. Other players will not know what your Scar is, though you are allowed to tell them if you want to for some reason.

Each player then may choose a single valid territory on the board. This is their starting territory. A valid space is any unoccupied territory that is not adjacent to another player's already chosen starting territory. They will place their HQ and starting troops (8) on that territory.

Each turn: Every player will take their turn, at the same time, in the following steps. Note that some specific actions might occur at specific points during a turn, they will be inserted as necessary. Such actions may be announced when they occur so other players can react accordingly.

1) Recruit troops - The number of troops you recruit is a sum of the following:
(# of territories you control)/3
Continent bonuses (S. America/Australia = 2, Africa = 3, N. America/Europe = 5, Asia = 7)
Troops gained from turning in cards. Cards are worth a certain number of resources. You may turn in any number of cards at any time, as long as they total two or more resources (two resources gets you two soldiers, from then on the tradeoff increases to 3/4, 4/7, 5/10, 6/13, 7/17, 8/21, 9/25, 10/30).

You may then place these troops onto any territories you control, spread out in any way you want.

2) Rejoin the war - If you do not control a territory (this happens if you lost all of your troops in the previous turn), you may choose any legal starting territory. You will place half of your starting troops there. You do not gain another HQ.

3) Expand and Attack - This step is optional (but obviously recommended).

Expand: Expanding occurs when you want to take a territory that is not occupied with enemy troops. It is straightforward, simply move at least one troop from an adjacent territory you control with at least two troops into the unoccupied territory. You now control it. You may not abandon a territory you already occupy by moving all troops in it this way.

To expand into cities, you must sacrifice a number of troops equal to the city's value (1 for minor cities and 3 for major ones).

Attacking: Attacking occurs when you want to take control of a territory that contains enemy troops. You must choose one of your territories that includes at least two troops. Choose how many troops will participate in the battle (leaving one out as you cannot abandon any territory). The defender counts as having all of their troops participating.

Attackers may set special conditions to their attacks (such as 'stop attacking if the defending troops outnumber my attacking troops'), and will be informed when they've lost half of their attacking troops or if an action was played that would potentially affect the results.

You may not attack the same province twice in the same phase, unless it is due to you reorganizing an attack from the previous round during that phase.

Every player PMs their attacks to the GM, who then announces their attacks but not how many troops are involved in each attack. This gives players the chance to re-evaluate whether or not they want to participate in a battle, or to make some other action to affect any outcome.

Each attack revolves around the parties involved rolling dice (the GM will roll the dice). The highest result from each player's roll is compared, with the highest for each being matched, then the second highest. The higher of the compared dice is considered the 'victor' of the roll, and all opposing parties lose one troop. As long as at least three troops are in any attacking parties, the attacking players have an advantage over the defender (they will have an extra die in their pool, as per regular Risk rules). The defender wins all ties.

Battle rolls can be altered by the use of missiles, which are gained when a player wins a single game and are regenerated at the beginning of a new game. When played, missiles guarantee a single roll of 6 (the highest roll in battle) at the first possible opportunity, thereby guaranteeing that whichever side it is played for wins at least one roll. Note that it always effects the lowest rolled value, so it is possible to win both die rolls in a battle round. Missiles are not played for rolls where they are not needed, or where the affected player has no chance of winning. Multiple missiles can be played for either side in a single battle, and a maximum of four (two for each side) will affect a single battle. Some examples:
1) Attacker rolls a 3 and a 5, defender rolls two 5s. Attacker has missile support, turning the 3 into a 6 and winning both rolls.
2) Attacker rolls a 4 and a 6, defender rolls a 2 and a 4. Defender has two missile supports, turning both rolls into 6s and winning both rolls.
3) Attacker rolls two 4s, defender rolls a 3 and a 5. Both have missile support, giving the attacker a 4 and a 6, but the defender a 5 and a 6. Defender wins both rolls.
4) Attacker rolls a 1, defender rolls a 6. Attacker has missile support but cannot win the roll, so the missile is not played.
5) Attacker rolls double 1s and a 2, defender rolls double 3s. Attacker has three missile supports, so they will turn both 1s into 6s, win both rolls, and has one remaining missile support.

Should an attack be won by a player, that player moves at least the number of troops involved in the last attack (though they may move more). Nobody else moves any troops.

In the event where two or more different territories are both trying to attack the same territory, they are counted as fighting each other as well as the defender. Obviously, this does not hold if the attacking territories are controlled by the same player, and they only lose troops if the defender wins.

Attacking/Expanding occurs in rounds during each turn, as long as a player is interested in continuing their attack/expansion they will be able to before moving onto the next step.

4) Maneuver Troops - Another optional action. Players may take as many troops as they like from one of their territories and move them to any other connected territory. Territories are considered connected if every single territory in between them is controlled by the player trying to maneuver said troops. You must always leave at least one troop behind in the original territory.

5) Draw Cards - If you attacked and conquered at least one territory on your turn (expanding does not count), you are eligible to gain one resource. There will be four active territory cards every turn, if you control any of the territories listed on them you must select any one of them and gain the allocated resources. Otherwise, you get a single resource card. There is only a certain number of single resource cards, and if there isn't one able to be drawn and you do not control any of the active territory cards, you will not get to draw a card.

Goal: A player wins a game when they are the first player to have four victory tokens, or all other players are eliminated. Victory points can be gained in several ways:
1) Every player starts with one for now.
2) Every HQ you control counts as one victory point. Taking over other players' HQs is one way to get more victory points.
3) You may purchase a victory point by turning in four resource cards at the start of the turn.
4) The first time the single resource cards run out (there are ten, and they replenish as they are spent), the player with the most territories gains a single victory point.

Signups: I will be accepting exactly five players at this point in time. More slots may open up in time, and while of course I hope nobody will disappear or drop out replacing in is also possible.

We, the undersigned, take responsibility for the wars that are about to start, the decisions we will make, and the history we will write. Everything that is going to happen is going to happen because of us.
Signup Wrote:Name:
Faction:
Flavour:

Pretty straightforward. Name is either your username, nickname, or leader name if you're into that. There are five starting factions, each with their own strengths, to choose from below. Please list them in the order you are most interested in them. You can also make up your own to replace them if you'd really like to (though it may involve a discussion with me). Flavour is unnecessary, unless you want to replace one of the starting factions with your own. It can always be used to flesh out the history of your leader character(s) or to impress me as well.

I will give preference to applicants who I know to be reliable posters, unlikely to cause problems outside of the game, and who don't reserve a sign up post. Flavour plays a minor role for when I can't make my mind up between two players (as it is appreciated but in no way necessary). Will close signups and begin preliminary setup on Friday, July 19th at 11:59 EST.

Starting Factions:
Die Mechaniker - Coldblooded
Strengths: Insurmountable Defence
Flavour: Heavily armoured and highly defensive, Die Mechaniker rely on surviving whatever their enemies might throw at them.
Powers:
1A) Your starting HQ is always treated as FORTIFIED (+1 to both dice) when you defend it.
1B) If your defence roll is two natural sixes, that territory cannot be attacked again for the rest of the turn.

Enclave of the Bear - avidGamer
Strengths: Overwhelming Force
Flavour: Savage and primal, the Enclave of the Bear are genetically altered humans who terrify their enemies with their ferocity.
Powers:
1A) If your attack roll is a natural three of a kind and at least one defending troop is defeated, you conquer the territory. Remove all defending troops.
1B) The defender subtracts 1 from his lower defense die in the first territory you attack during your turn.

Imperial Balkania - Emperor Vancho I
Strengths: Recruitment
Flavour: Pure humans who are organized and diligently trained. The Imperial Balkanians want to spread their world vision to this new planet.
Powers:
1A) When recruiting troops, round up when dividing your territory and population by 3, not down.
1B) You still draw a resource card at the end of a turn where you expanded into 4+ territories, even if you didn't conquer a territory.

Khan Industries - Pagan
Strengths: Manpower
Flavour: Well armed but not well trained, Khan Industries is overpopulated with members from all genetic backgrounds. Their motto: people and guns are cheap to make.
Powers:
1A) At the start of your turn, place one troop in each territory that has a HQ you control.
1B) When drawing a territory card, you may place one troop onto that territory if you control it.

Saharan Republic - yappy111
Strengths: Mobility
Flavour: Savvy warriors who fight with old equipment and guerilla-like tactics. The Saharan Republic exists to be mobile and hard to find.
Powers:
1A) You may make your maneuver at any point during your turn.
1B) When making your maneuver, you may maneuver between any two territories you control, even if they are not connected.

Church of Arcadia
Strengths: Persistence
Flavour: Their numbers exceeded only by their fanatacism, the Zealots of Arcadia sought to turn an entire planet into their personal Jerusalam, and they will stop at nothing to get what they want.
Powers:
1A) If you attack a province with at least three troops and lose all but two of them, you may treat the first attack as if you still had three troops.
1B) You may regain 1d6 of the troops lost in the first province you lose during each attack phase during the next recruitment.

Maps:
Base Map:
[Image: Basic%20Map.png]
Game 1 Map:
[Image: Map%201.png]
Game 2 Map:
[Image: Map%202.png]
Game 3 Map:
[Image: Map%203.png]
This map was discovered in an image search which means I'm probably stealing it from somewhere. Credit goes to its maker.

X shaped things will help mark territories in the future.
Red lines are sea routes that can be used for expanding, attacking, and maneuvering purposes.
Continental control bonuses are shown by the associated continents.
Helpful resource exchange rates are shown at the bottom.
07-17-2013, 09:52 AM (This post was last modified: 07-17-2013 12:21 PM by theLifebird.)
RE: Risk: Legacy
Name:lifebird
Faction:Die Mechaniker,Imperial Balkania,Khan Industries,Enclave of the Bear,Saharan Republic.
07-17-2013, 10:47 AM
Name: Coldblooded (Leader name to come after factions are handed out.)
Faction: Die Mechaniker, Enclave of the Bear, Khan Industries, Saharan Republic, Imperial Balkania.

Tumblr/Steam
07-17-2013, 05:05 PM (This post was last modified: 07-18-2013 04:22 PM by Pagan.)
Name: Pagan
Faction: Khan Industries, Enclave of the Bear, Saharan Republic, Imperial Balkania, Die Mechaniker (In order of choice)

Hope I accomplished this right.

Working Name: Anarkismo
07-17-2013, 07:31 PM
Name: Vancho I, Duke of Sofia, King of Bulgaria, King of Rumania, King of Serbia, Emperor of Balkania
Faction: Imperial Balkania
Flavour: TBA

The one, the only, Vancho!
07-17-2013, 08:15 PM
Name: Yappy
Faction: Saharan Republic, Die Mechniker, Imperial Balkania, Enclave of the Bear, Khan Industires

Is that correct?
07-18-2013, 09:37 AM
Yes, it all looks good so far. Pagan and Vancho, as it is there will likely be no problems (since nobody else has listed Imperial Balkania or Khan Industries as their number one choice), but if more people sign up you might want to list the other factions in the order you'd be interested in playing them.

Also a quick reminder for people who are looking and unsure if they can still sign up, this is not first come first serve. We've got the five players necessary to start, but more signups are always welcome.
07-18-2013, 10:02 AM
Name: avidGamer
Faction: The Church of Arcadia* > Die Mechaniker > Enclave of the Bear > Sahara Republic > Imperial Balkania > Khan Industries

*Mod decision required.

Church of Arcadia strength: Persistance
Church of Arcadia flavor: Their numbers exceeded only by their fanatacism, the Zealots of Arcadia sought to turn an entire planet into their personal Jerusalam, and they will stop at nothing to get what they want.
07-20-2013, 03:00 PM
Alright, results are in!

The first force to land on the Earth Clone:
Coldblooded's Die Mechaniker

The second force:
Vancho I's Imperial Balkania

The third:
Pagan's Khan Industries

The fourth:
avidGamer's Church of Arcadia*

*May change back to Enclave of the Bear after some thought and consideration.

The final:
yappy111's Saharan Republic

Thank you all so much for signing up, I basically had to put it down to random chance at the end. theLifebird, I sincerely hope you'll keep an eye out for future positions or replacements.

Now, onto initial setup:

You have each been given 2 resource points. Think of it as an initial investment into the planet. You may choose any two provinces to upgrade their respective territory cards' value during the future games (see: Recruiting Soldiers). Of course, you may choose to upgrade the same province twice, or upgrade the same province as another player. However, no one province may be upgraded more than three times at this stage.

In addition, there are 2 extra resource points to be distributed. You will have to discuss among yourselves where you wish to allocate them, and come to some sort of agreement. You may do this before or after you've all distributed your individual points.

Secondly, each faction starts off with a bonus power. They have been listed in the initial post, with the exception of avidGamer's (as I still have to decide if trying to add in a balanced new faction is something I'm willing to risk). Notice how two different options are listed. You will choose one of the two, gaining that power permanently. You may not go back and change your mind once this starting phase has ended, so be careful.
07-20-2013, 08:44 PM
Dual Upgrades on Siam! I'll take my second power choice.

07-20-2013, 08:49 PM (This post was last modified: 07-20-2013 08:51 PM by Coldblooded.)
I'll pick option 1A for myself and place my two starting resources in Eastern and Central Europe.

For the community resources, I vote for Scandinavia and Alaska.

Tumblr/Steam
07-20-2013, 10:12 PM
I'll pick option 1B, and one resource in Siam and one Japan, Community resources I vote for Alaska and Iceland.
07-20-2013, 11:14 PM (This post was last modified: 07-20-2013 11:15 PM by Palamedes.)
Siam is locked then - no more resources may be allocated there.

Sounds like it will be a heavily contested province.
07-21-2013, 07:39 AM
I'll put my resources into Madagascar. I second Coldblooded's suggested community distribution.

As for my faction, it will be alright if you change me over to Enclave of the Bear. I just wanted to make up a faction because nobody else was doing it. Also, though large number are mentioned, the main focus is in their persistence and perserverence. This might result in a reroll of an undesirable roll (with a penalty, perhaps) or to attack again in the event of a loss. Again, it's up to you, and I'm totally fine with the Enclave.
07-21-2013, 08:17 AM (This post was last modified: 07-21-2013 09:51 AM by Pagan.)
I say Greenland should be both the community resource allocations.

07-21-2013, 09:53 AM
Made up two powers for the Church and listed the starting powers for the Enclave as well. I'll let avidGamer choose which faction he wants to play as (knowing each set as well as the fact that the Enclave is pre-balanced and I'm just doing my best with Arcadia).

Right now it looks like Alaska and Scandinavia are going to receive the community resources with three votes each with Iceland having two. Going to wait on Vancho to throw his votes behind something before confirming. Remember that you are allowed to change your mind at any time before he does.
07-21-2013, 05:24 PM
Quick warning: I won't have internet from today to Wednesday.

I pick A because B is only useful situationally.

I put my resources in Eastern Europe and Middle East.

I vote for Scandinavia and Iceland.

07-21-2013, 05:44 PM
Alaska and Iceland are, well, tied. Exciting stuff that.

Now we're only waiting on avidGamer to finalize his decision. Please feel free to break the tie at any time, otherwise I'll probably flip a coin between the two.
07-21-2013, 06:26 PM
I'll switch my Alaska vote over to Iceland to break the tie.

Tumblr/Steam
07-21-2013, 11:05 PM
Yeah, if Enclave is prebalanced, I should probably take them. I'll take the Enclave's second ability.
07-22-2013, 01:26 AM (This post was last modified: 07-22-2013 01:27 AM by Palamedes.)
RE: Risk: Legacy - Game 1 (Placement)
Alright, we're done then - do notice the updated map in the OP.

Now for the final stage of setup, the one we'll have to do at the start of every game. Please choose a legal starting location (basically anywhere as long as it's not adjacent to another player's starting location).

Coldblooded chooses first, then Vancho, then avid, then Pagan, then yappy.

Also I guess I'll let you choose colours to represent you on the map, if you want. Otherwise I'll use the default colours.
07-22-2013, 02:27 AM
Die Mechaniker home base touches down in Eastern Europe, ready to defend their stake in the new world.

Their military leader, General Hertz, makes a big show out of being the first one out of the ship, planting a flag on the top of a nearby hill, and claiming the entire planet in the name of Die Mechaniker.

Okay whatever, enough screwing around. Time to get to work.

Tumblr/Steam
07-22-2013, 05:36 AM
(07-20-2013 03:00 PM)Palamedes Wrote:  The third:
Pagan's Khan Industries

The fourth:
avidGamer's Church of Arcadia*

*May change back to Enclave of the Bear after some thought and consideration.

(07-22-2013 01:26 AM)Palamedes Wrote:  Coldblooded chooses first, then Vancho, then avid, then Pagan, then yappy.

Wouldn't Pagan go before me? Or did you change the order?
07-22-2013, 06:36 AM
CURSE YOU AND YOUR KIN COLDBLOODED FOR OCCUPYING MY ANCESTRAL HOMELAND!

Due to a clerical error, the Balkanian Emperor, may he live forever, has taken residence in the palaces of Siam.

07-22-2013, 07:01 AM
Favouring the hostile environment of Australia, and the great expanses of land at it's heart, the Khan Industries occupy several factories across Western Australia.

07-22-2013, 08:15 AM (This post was last modified: 07-22-2013 08:18 AM by Palamedes.)
Each game a new turn order is established, based on random luck. The initial order people were introduced/accepted into the game was actually just random.

Coldblooded just coincidentally happened to roll first for this round. The order doesn't really matter for a whole lot except for situations like this when multiple people might want the same thing. Unless you want to start in Australia there's not a problem, but if you do than Pagan will have to choose a new location.

Also Vancho, wouldn't the Balkanian Emperor come from the Balkans? Or is that what you meant?
07-22-2013, 08:20 AM
Damn me and my reading comprehension!

07-22-2013, 08:28 AM
Nah, like I said it's probably okay. Up to avid really.
07-22-2013, 08:57 AM
It's fine. I wasn't planning on it anyways.

On the island known on the Old Earth as Madagascar, a new people arrive. The people's leader, the Mighty Ursol Majoris, a ferocious animalistic aura surrounding his bestial frame, emerges first and lets out a ferocious battle roar, frightening away nearby creatures.

The Enclave of the Bear has arrived.

I may have put a little too much flair into this post...
07-22-2013, 01:39 PM
Travelling far and wide, the people of the Saharan Republic have arrived at their destination. It will be the land known as the land of the rising sun, but for now it is just known as that island over there.

The Saharan Republic has arrived in Japan!
07-22-2013, 03:55 PM (This post was last modified: 07-24-2013 09:47 AM by Palamedes.)
[Image: Map%201-1.png]

And so the five factions begin setting up their bases on the new Earth, ready to dominate the whole of the planet for their glorious nations, corporations, or other organizations. While most had chosen the location they had landed upon to be the start of their new empire, the Balkanians were forced to march a ways southeast, after discovering Die Mechaniker already heavily entrenched in the clone of their ancestral homeland.

Through either random chance or a desire to repeat history over again, the factions also chose to base themselves primarily throughout Eurasia, leaving the Americas and Africa as a brave new world to be later discovered and fought over. Although, Khan Industries would position themselves directly in conflict with the Balkanians by fortifying themselves in the safety of Australia, and the Enclave of the Bear, in a surprising move, would isolate their bloodlust in the far corners of Africa.

Each leader looked over their assembled armies. Though they had only arrived with eight regiments with which to begin their war, three more had been drafted almost immediately from amongst their colonists. The only question now is, what will be their first moves?

(Check OP for the most up to date map. Remember you can PM your Expansions and Attacks to me, in fact it is encouraged, though I guess it probably won't matter until the second turn.)
07-22-2013, 07:30 PM (This post was last modified: 07-22-2013 07:31 PM by Coldblooded.)
RE: Risk: Legacy - Game 1 (Turn 1)
Sorry Vancho, but you know that Die Mechaniker can't possibly let New Germany fall into enemy hands. We only set our home base in Russia because of how much easier it is for us to defend their natural frozen wasteland. It's just war, nothing personal.

Tumblr/Steam
07-24-2013, 07:54 AM
The Empire of Balkania shall withhold its revenge on the German state.... For now.

By taking our cousins in Russia, you have denied us our homeland in Bulgaria.

07-24-2013, 09:46 AM (This post was last modified: 07-24-2013 09:48 AM by Palamedes.)
[Image: Map%201-2.png]

The various factions immediately begin spreading their talons throughout the world. In Madagascar and Japan, the Enclave and Saharan Republic respectively find their ambitions somewhat limited by their isolated location. Die Mechaniker, on the other hand, had no such issue, having half of Europe in their hands before anyone knew what was happening.

Meanwhile, in the southeast the first true battle of the war was about to occur. Both Imperial Balkania and Khan Industries had their eye on Indonesia, and sent a portion of their troops there. The Balkanians, still bitter about the loss of their 'homeland' to Die Mechaniker, weren't about to let the same thing happen again - their forces just began preparing their defences when Khan Industries arrived.

It was evident that neither side was expecting the other to show up, but at the same time neither wanted to give up this important chokepoint between the Asian and Australian continents.

Okay, so since Vancho's turn technically comes before Pagan's, he gets the province first and is the defender. At this point in time, Pagan must choose to either abandon the attack on Indonesia or continue with it, and in addition anyone may choose to perform any available actions they might have. Both decisions should be made publicly, though please don't actually reveal what your action is unless you want everyone to know (since who's defending/attacking and turn order - in that specific order - are important in determining what resolves first). Regardless of whether you are going to be involved in this fight, please respond in thread so I know I'm not missing anyone.

Also, in case I need to say it, you are allowed to diplomasize with other players outside of the thread via PMs, IRC, quicktopics, or what have you.
07-24-2013, 09:55 AM
I'm not giving up Indonesia, fuck that noise. Push on with the attack. When we have but 2 troops, stop the invasion. Is my scar only usable prior to the initiation of an attack, or of an attack roll?

07-24-2013, 10:05 AM (This post was last modified: 07-24-2013 10:07 AM by Palamedes.)
Prior to an attack. As in, right now anyone could use an applicable scar, with preference going towards Vancho, than you, then down the turn order (from Vancho, so avid>yappy>Coldblooded).

Oh right and again, no revealing what your scar is if you intend to play it, since only one scar can be active on a single territory so there's no guarantee yours will come into effect.
07-24-2013, 10:57 AM (This post was last modified: 07-24-2013 11:00 AM by Coldblooded.)
Die Mechaniker all grab some popcorn and collectively settle in to watch the battle unfold on live TV. Nobody can quite agree on which side they hope to see win, but watching a bloodbath happen would be pretty funny, they all think.

(Yes hello, I am here. No scars getting used right now.)

Tumblr/Steam
07-25-2013, 06:02 AM
Gonna send out a reminder for the three who haven't posted, and just assume they're not going to act after another ~24 hours.

Would it be helpful if I PM'd everyone whenever they needed to check in? I mean, you'd all probably be getting a ton of messages but if that'll get people to come in and check without having to wait a couple of days then it might be worth it.
07-25-2013, 10:19 AM
The Enclave leaves their enemies to bicker over the islands like strays over scraps.

Somehow, I missed that you updated, yet still saw coldblooded's last post. How do I even.
07-25-2013, 03:53 PM
The Saharan Republic won't be interfering with the conflict that is happening below.
07-25-2013, 09:25 PM
Balkania shall defend its holdings with all that it has. I'm scarring Indonesia.

07-26-2013, 06:26 AM (This post was last modified: 07-26-2013 06:33 AM by Palamedes.)
[Image: Map%201-3.png]

Refusing to back down, the soldiers of Khan Industries continue their march into Indonesia. Almost immediately, they come under fire by the Balkanians now defending the location - six regiments against seven. Before the armies of the corporation know what hit them, the two regiments making up their vanguard are completely obliterated by Imperial Balkania's highly disciplined and well organized troops.

Undaunted, Khan Industries counterattacks, but even that was what Balkania wanted. Pursuing the empire's fleeing soldiers after a skirmish that ended with each side losing another regiment, the Khan's remaining army found themselves facing a massive, daunting bunker. Unwilling to give up now that they've come so far and lost so much, they ready one last charge.

Only one regiment, haggard and battered, returns to Australia, having sacrificed the other three to take out only a single Balkanian troop.

Vancho plays Scar: Bunker (+1 to lowest die).
Khan Industries (attacker) loses five troops.
Imperial Balkania (defender) loses two troops.

You may now make a second round of expansions/attacks. PM me with what they will be (or if you are fine with your current position).

Also added an afterthought rule about attacking in the rules, but here's the gist - you cannot attack the same province twice in the same phase, unless it is due to you reorganizing an attack from the previous round of that phase. For example, Pagan could attack Indonesia again with two troops from Western Australia, but Pagan could not expand into New Guinea and then attack to make use of the multiple attacker bonus.
07-28-2013, 09:47 AM (This post was last modified: 07-28-2013 09:47 AM by Palamedes.)
[Image: Map%201-4.png]

Imperial Balkania retaliates against the devastated soldiers of Khan Industries, pushing towards their headquarters in Western Australia. Khan Industries, on the other hand, make a push to strengthen their failing position by capturing the remaining neutral territory on the continent. Meanwhile, tense borders form between the forces of Die Mechaniker, who have rapidly managed to strengthen their hold to all of Europe, and the Enclave of the Bear, who aggressively took control of the African continent. So far, the Saharan Republic has refused to engage with any other faction yet, instead branching out into North America and gaining a firmer hold on eastern Asia.

Also, the four contested territories for this turn (that you can gain resources for a successful attack on) are:
Argentina, Greenland, the Middle East, and Irkutsk

(Sorry for not mentioning this on the first turn post, I am swine).

So it's time to interfere with another battle (if you want). I'm going to introduce a time limit, at least for this part of the turn. In forty-eight hours I'll assume everyone who hasn't posted has decided not to make an action. Obviously, I'd still like for everyone to post as soon as possible, as I'd then be able to update quicker.

Also, if you are holding off on making your turn due to diplomacy, I'd ask that you at least let me know so I'm not constantly PMing you wondering why you're not making your turn. I'd also prefer to at least get some preliminary actions and not have to wait more than two or three days regardless. Let me know if you guys think I should enforce a deadline, PM reminders for each turn, or whatever else might help people check up and respond more often.
07-28-2013, 09:50 AM
There is nothing we can do but defend. Hopefully, that will be enough.

07-28-2013, 10:40 AM
Die Mechaniker has no desire to interfere at the moment and continues to watch the war unfold with bated breath.

A deadline might be a good idea. Maybe 48 hours for regular turns, and 24 for battle inferences?

Also, does capturing a neutral territory count as "leading a successful attack on", or does it have to be a actual battle?

Tumblr/Steam
07-28-2013, 11:46 AM
The Enclave have no wish to participate in their enemies's petty squabbles.
07-28-2013, 12:25 PM
* Pagan cries

Quickest, game end, for me, ever.

(commas placed for small pauses, as one would experience in speech. Not quite periods. Don't correct my grammar, I know it's not right for text.)

07-28-2013, 12:54 PM
The Saharan Republic will still stay out of conflict's way for now.
07-28-2013, 01:43 PM
[Image: Map%201-5.png]

The counterattack was quick and brutal. The soldiers of the Khan were overwhelmed by the Balkanians, and their headquarters fell in short order.

Imperial Balkania (Vancho) loses 0 troops.
Khan Industries (Pagan) loses 3 troops.
Khan Industries loses their Headquarters!

Vancho has three victory points.
Pagan has one victory point.

Once again, attacking/expanding! 48 hour deadline, more if requested for diplomacy/real life issues.

Coldblooded, as stated in the rules you need to attack, expanding doesn't count.

Pagan, losing all of your troops/territories doesn't mean the game is over! As long as a suitable starting location still exists you can come back into the game with half of your starting troops. Obviously, it's not something you want to happen but it does mean you're not completely screwed by a bad start (like this one).
07-28-2013, 03:17 PM
News from the Balkanian Empire!

Just a few short hours ago, the capital province of Khan Industries was occupied by the superior forces of the Balkanian Empire. Their people are a low-class mix of mutants, and so would benefit greatly from having a benevolent pure human to rule them. To this aim, the Emperor of Balkania has declared the annexation of Khan Industries and their their territory in Oceania. All remaining Khan Industries troops are to lay down arms or face execution.