In Progress Risk: Legacy - Game 3 (Turn 2)
09-24-2013, 03:17 AM
RE: Risk: Legacy - Game 1 (Turn 4)
I'd say jusy keep doing it this way, unless of course only one person happens to be attacking that turn in which case go ahead and skip it.

Oh yeah, and Die Mechaniker continues on with the attack.

Tumblr/Steam
09-25-2013, 01:16 PM (This post was last modified: 09-25-2013 01:25 PM by Palamedes.)
[Image: Map%201-35.png]

Battle of Japan
Die Mechaniker (attacker) loses three troops.
Imperial Balkania (defender) loses one troop.
Battle of Greenland
Khan Industries (attacker) loses zero troops.
Die Mechaniker (defender) loses one troop.

Imperial Balkania now has two victory points and requires two more to win.
Die Mechaniker now has four victory points, and will win the game at the end of the turn!

Best act quickly those of you who are not Coldblooded.
09-25-2013, 01:22 PM
Why is greenland black?

Working Name: Anarkismo
09-25-2013, 01:25 PM
Wait shit I got the order wrong. Fixing now.
09-29-2013, 10:42 AM
[Image: Map%201-36.png]

I don't expect any cancellations, but here's the mid-round update regardless.
09-30-2013, 03:31 PM
The Enclave continues with the attack.
10-01-2013, 03:38 AM
[Image: Map%201-37.png]

Battle for Alberta
Enclave of the Bear (attacker) loses 0 troops.
Saharan Republic (defender) loses 3 troops.
Battle for Siam
Imperial Balkania (attacker) loses 1 troop.
Die Mechaniker (defender) loses 1 troop.

Vancho has gained a victory point.
Coldblooded has lost a victory point.
Vancho now has three victory points, one more is needed to win.
Coldblooded now has three victory points, one more is needed to win.

Fixed some errors as they were pointed out to me, everything should be fixed now.
10-05-2013, 11:04 AM
[Image: Map%201-38.png]

avid, Coldblooded, interesting on cancelling your attack(s)?
10-05-2013, 11:08 AM
The Enclave continues.
10-05-2013, 01:03 PM
Nope, let's do this.

Tumblr/Steam
10-05-2013, 01:50 PM
[Image: Map%201-39.png]
A desperate try for victory, failed.
An American hegemony, almost realized.
What more can this world bring us, so close to the end?

Battle for Ontario
Enclave of the Bear (attacker) loses 1 troop.
Khan Industries (defender) loses 1 troop.
Battle for Alaska
Saharan Republic (defender) loses 1 troop.
Battle for Siam
Die Mechaniker (attacker) loses 3 troops.
Imperial Balkania (defender) loses 2 troops.
10-05-2013, 02:39 PM
Have I earned another card yet? Also, wow, look out for AvidGamer, that's a scary amount of territory there.

Also, here are possible victories:

Balkania takes Japan.

Die Mechaniker takes Siam.

Enclave of the Bear takes Eastern Europe, Kamchatka, and Japan.

Basically, the contested territory is Japan. If Balkania deploys to take Japan, Siam is left virtually undefended due to overextension. If Balkania defends Siam, there is no chance of victory. If Die Mechaniker fortifies Japan and assaults Siam, Eastern Europe is weaker. If Die Mechaniker fortifies Eastern Europe and Japan, there is little chance of victory. If Enclave takes Kamchatka and Japan, and Die Mechaniker has fortified Japan, there is less hope in Eastern Europe. If Enclave deploys to take Eastern Europe, Japan may not be able to be taken.

The Balkanian Emperor thus graciously extends a hand of friendship to the Enclave of the Bear for support against their mutual enemy, Die Mechaniker.

The one, the only, Vancho!
10-07-2013, 04:04 AM
The turn ain't over yet Vancho (you'll get your card if/when that happens). Also hooray for the first turn in which only one person is attacking and nobody can stop them (and I can therefore skip the in between post)!

[Image: Map%201-40.png]

Thwarted with a sturdy Balkanian defence, Die Mechaniker makes one last gambit. They're going bear hunting.

Battle for the Middle East
Die Mechaniker (attacker) loses 2 troops.
Enclave of the Bear (defender) loses 2 troops.
10-08-2013, 03:53 AM
[Image: Map%201-41.png]

The Bear strikes out in a frenzy, waging war against as many opponents as it can. Meanwhile, Die Mechaniker delves further into bear country in full force. Is this the end?
10-08-2013, 04:54 AM
Onward!
10-08-2013, 01:04 PM
I don't think the Enclave should have any more troops in Western USA or Alberta to attack with. You're still using the unfixed version of the map from last round.

But yes, Die Mechaniker continues pushing south.

Tumblr/Steam
10-08-2013, 02:15 PM
Ah fuck you're right. I don't even know how I fucked that one up. Hope I fixed everything.

[Image: Map%201-42.png]
A bell tolls for all those opposing Die Mechaniker's final push to Madagascar, as Imperial Balkanian forces utterly destroy the remnants of the Enclaves American army. Meanwhile, the Mechaniker army pushes past the last line of defence for the Enclave headquarters.

Battle for Quebec
Die Mechaniker (defender) loses 1 troop.
Battle for Kamchatka
Enclave of the Bear (attacker) loses 2 troops.
Imperial Balkania (defender) loses 0 troops.
Battle for East Africa
Die Mechaniker (attacker) loses 1 troop.
Enclave of the Bear (defender) loses 1 troop.
10-08-2013, 02:53 PM
This means I survive.

10-08-2013, 02:54 PM
And that is an unexpected path to a foreseen result! Good game, everyone. Unless a miracle occurs....

Miracle!

10-08-2013, 03:14 PM
No real reason to hide my movements now I guess.

The three remaining Die Mechaniker troops all move into Madagascar in the hopes of finally bringing this war to an end.

Tumblr/Steam
10-09-2013, 01:50 AM
Well assuming Vancho isn't going to attack, and knowing that even if he does it won't make a difference, let's get this over with.

[Image: Map%201.png]

Battle for Madagascar
Die Mechaniker (attacker) loses 0 troops.
Enclave of the Bear (defender) loses 1 troop.

Coldblooded gains one victory point.
avidGamer loses one victory point.

As Coldblooded now has four victory points and nobody can change that, I'm going to call this as game.

With Die Mechaniker's victory in Madagascar, the Old World is in uproar. After all, wasn't the whole point of the new Earths to prevent war bullshit like this from happening? Rapidly, the International Council steps in and forces an end to hostilities, disarming much of the faction's power and forcing them to coexist on the planet. Die Mechaniker, having gained control of the most important parts of the planet, was in a prime position to take advantage of the resources at their disposal and gain the most from it, though the other remaining factions work on the planet as well. While the Council prevents any further fighting, they can only keep their stern watch upon the planet for so long... giving the opportunity for one more shot at domination, or revenge.

Coldblooded wins game 1!

[Image: Map%202-0.png]

Now, it's time to change the board even further in anticipation of the next game!

Coldblooded, as the winner you have one of several options to choose from:
1) Name a continent. - By naming a continent, it will give you and you alone a bonus troop if you control it in future games.
2) Name and found a major city - Choose any territory and place a major city there (again, you name it). That territory is considered a legal starting territory for you and you alone. There are only five major cities in the game.
3) Cancel a Scar - You may remove a scar from the game. This may only be done four times.
4) Change a continent bonus - You may give any continent a +1 or -1 bonus. This can not be altered in later games.
5) Place a Fortification Marker on a city - Not possible now, but can be done in future games.
6) Destroy a Territory Card - You may choose any single territory card. That territory can no longer be drawn, and therefore no bonuses can be gained from it.

The rest of you, for holding on you may choose one of two lesser, but still important bonuses:
1) Name and found a Minor City - Choose any territory you controlled at the end of the game and place a minor city there. Unlike Major Cities, anyone can start at this location. There are only nine minor cities available.
2) Upgrade a territory - Choose a territory you controlled at the end of the game and add one resource to it. Remember that a territory can only be worth six resources.

Added rule: Cities: There are two different types of known cities - Major and Minor. Major cities have a population of 2, and Minor cities have a population of one. The total population of cities you own is added to the number of territories you control when figuring out how many troops you receive at the start of each turn. For example, if you controlled 10 territories but had a Major City in one of them, you would count as having 12 territories and would therefore receive the extra troop that comes with that. In addition, cities work differently when it comes to expansion. When you expand into a city, you have to deal with the entrenched NPC resistance. You lose troops equal to the population of the city. If you do not have enough troops to expand into the city after those losses, you may not expand into it (ie: you must expand into a Minor City with two troops and lose one, and into a Major city with three troops and lose two).

Added rule: Fortifications: As you already know, fortifications give a +1 bonus to both defending dice. However, fortifications that are not part of Die Mechaniker's special ability work differently. First of all, expanding into a city with fortifications will cost you two extra troops (ex: Expanding into a Minor City now costs 3 troops instead of 1). In addition, fortifications can only stand up to a certain amount of dedicated attacks. Each fortification has 10 points to it - and one is lost after every attack with three troops.

Finally, in addition to all of this: Coldblooded forfeits his extra victory point at the beginning of each match and gains a different bonus - a missile. At the beginning any battle, much like the Scars, a missile may be played to guarantee a single victorious roll for the attacker or defender (depending on who it is played for). If the missile is played for the attacking side, another player may activate one of their missiles to counter this bonus and allow the defender to win the roll instead. Multiple missiles can be played by the same player during the same battle if desired.
10-09-2013, 02:00 AM
I'm placing the minor city of Singapore in Indonesia.

10-09-2013, 04:41 AM
Hmmm... Mechxico City, Mechau, Mecha, Mechscow, New York City but with robots, Tokyo... there's just no shortage of great options here.

Honestly I'm almost tempted to start messing with Australia now just to make it a bit less insanely turtleable. It's so terrible right now. We fucked up guys. We fucked Australia up so bad.

Tumblr/Steam
10-09-2013, 05:31 AM
Let's be honest the entire right chunk of the board really became a mess. You guys really went to town on it.
10-09-2013, 05:43 AM (This post was last modified: 10-13-2013 02:37 PM by Pagan.)
I'm Building a Minor City in Greenland~

It'll be called Bastion.

10-09-2013, 10:03 AM
It is because they could not deny the superiority of the ALMIGHTY DIVINE BALKANIAN EMPIRE, and thus sought to undermine it with dirty tricks.

10-09-2013, 03:07 PM
Die Mechaniker have decided to build the major city of New Mechen in North Africa.

Like M√ľnchen, get it, get it? Because we're German, right?

(P.S. Pala, you might need to replace Lifebird if he doesn't show back up again soon. It doesn't look like he's been online in the last couple of weeks.)

Tumblr/Steam
10-09-2013, 11:34 PM
Yeah I'm going to give it a day or two and then go replacement hunting again.

(Note: If anyone is reading this and is interested in potentially replacing please state so in thread or via PM).
10-10-2013, 01:35 AM
The Enclave is going to upgrade Alaska and found the city of Ursa Arctica there.
10-12-2013, 06:10 AM
RE: Risk: Legacy - Game 1 (Complete) [Replacement Needed!]
Alright, so now I'm just looking for a replacement for theLifebird and we can get started again! If I can't find anyone in the next couple of days I guess we'll just have to run a four player game.
10-12-2013, 03:08 PM
I would join this in a second if I was up for the time commitment.
10-12-2013, 09:07 PM
(10-12-2013 03:08 PM)DenizenShipper Wrote:  I would join this in a second if I was up for the time commitment.

It's not that much of time commitment at all, really. Maybe 5 minutes every couple of days or so tops.

Though I guess you could drag it out a bit longer if you really wanted to overthink things.

Tumblr/Steam
10-13-2013, 02:31 PM
Yeah it's really not that big of a hassle if you don't want it to be. For comparison, putting together the maps and posts takes me ten, maybe fifteen minutes depending on what's going on, and as long as you don't miss multiple turns in a row without warning it's alright if you forget/aren't around for a few of them.
10-14-2013, 02:16 PM
K, I'm in.

Though I would like to swap my 1B power for the 1A, since I didn't originally get to choose.

And whether or not that's allowed, I am founding the minor city of Spoke on Siberia.
10-15-2013, 02:42 AM
I'll allow it. Also, great! I'll get the new game up and running tonight hopefully.

While I get that set up, I'd ask you to all pick your new starting territory! Order of selection will be: Pagan, Vancho, avid, Coldblooeded, Denizen. Remember the rules for selecting a territory, namely:
1) You cannot choose a territory adjacent to another player's starting territory.
2) You cannot choose a territory with a Scar on it.
3) Only Coldblooded can start in North Africa.
10-15-2013, 06:44 AM
Can I see the map with our most recent changes? (the post game ones)

10-15-2013, 07:40 AM
Also, can we have a map with the territory names or acceptable abbreviations marked? It's kinda annoying to have to look it up every time.

10-15-2013, 07:42 AM
Yeah I can do that.

Unfortunately uploading is a pain in the neck from where I am right now, so I can't have a map up until tonight at the earliest.
10-15-2013, 10:54 AM
Also I just realized a small problem. avid, you can either make/name a city in Alaska or upgrade it. I'm assuming you want the former, but if it's the latter just let me know.
10-15-2013, 11:36 AM
[Image: Map%202%20Base.png]

Adding names to the territories now, will put it up in the OP and let you all know when it's done.
10-15-2013, 11:50 AM
Starting in Spike-land

10-15-2013, 12:13 PM (This post was last modified: 10-15-2013 12:13 PM by Palamedes.)
Is that Siberia then?
10-15-2013, 12:14 PM
Is the city of Spike in Siberia?

10-15-2013, 01:02 PM
It's Spoke, but yes.
10-15-2013, 01:20 PM
Then yes.

10-16-2013, 08:34 AM
RE: Risk: Legacy - Game 2 (Setup)
Alright, updated the Basic Map in the OP to include territory names. Does everyone else want to pick their starting spots and we can just rearrange things if Vancho comes in and wants something that would conflict with that?
10-16-2013, 08:39 AM
Yeah, sure. I'll take Alaska.
10-16-2013, 09:18 AM
I shall have Peru. The Peruvian Empire was once great too. BALKANIA shall restore the glory of the Incas.

10-16-2013, 09:52 AM
Well, I certainly don't want to let that nice new city go to waste, so....

Die Mechaniker founds their home base in the city of New Mechen.

Tumblr/Steam
10-16-2013, 11:11 AM
I choose you, Northern Europe!