Complete Blendersongfia: GAME OVER! TOWN & Co. VICTORY! (Awards TBA)
07-22-2013, 03:29 AM (This post was last modified: 01-13-2017 07:47 PM by Mirdini.)
Blendersongfia: GAME OVER! TOWN & Co. VICTORY! (Awards TBA)
Blendersongfia

[timg]http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/7531/xfgr.jpg[/timg]

Produced and Remixed by Amosmyn and Mirdini.

- Somewhere in California, July 1986 -

Vinnie spat at the ground. He hated clubs. Too much noise, too many people. The pavement sizzled in agreement - or perhaps that was relief. Shading his eyes against the sun, he scoped out the place one last time. A pair of bouncers flanked the entrance, acting like the heat didn’t touch ‘em despite the sweat dripping from their chins. The shade from a few nearby palm trees didn’t do much to conceal the large submachine gun-shaped lumps under their coats.

“Amateurs, great.” Vinnie grunted. Not that the cops cared, but Vinnie had standards. Life was too short not to. He ignored the voice in his head asking where his standards had been when he’d accepted this shitty job. The night’s first guests had started to filter in, an eclectic mix of rich pricks, pea-brained thugs and thrill-seekers. Saying the place was notorious was like saying Vinnie had killed a few people in his decade as a hired gun.

A limo pulled up to the curb as the sun dipped out of sight, and Vinnie crossed the street. The limo drove off, having dumped a pile of buzzed kids in front of the club. He didn’t really fit in, but moved forward with them regardless - better some sort of crowd to blend in with than none at all. His hands briefly brushed the Glocks holstered on his waistcoat as he passed the bouncers. They hardly even looked his way, staring as they were at the pack of nubile young things he’d joined.

He could hear limo after limo spewing their contents out onto the curb behind him. Thumping bass leaked through the doors and jangled Vinnie’s bones.

It was going to be a long night.

He sighed, threw the doors open and let himself be carried inside by a tide of unwashed humanity. Above, a neon sign flickered to life, argon blue slicing through the orange bleeding over the horizon.

[Image: DYNAMO.gif]

WHAT IS BLENDERSONGFIA?

BlenderSongfia is a clusterfuck mafia devised by Mirdini and Amos, combining the concepts from two spectacularly odd MSPAF forum games into one. We’ve mixed the song-suggestion component of Songfia with the mix-n-match nature of BlenderMafia to produce something that probably only exists in the 5th plane of amazing.

WHY BLENDERSONGFIA?

More like “Why haven't you signed up yet”, but very well:

Mirdini is the renowned player and gamehost who brought you Metamafia and Quarantine. He’s been doing this for a very long time.

Amosmyn is the dastardly mod behind the Crooks Hollow “everyone’s a day desperado” mafia series, BlenderMafia and several smaller games. He is pretty sure that he knows what he is doing.

SENDING IN INGREDIENTS:

Please PM Amosmyn AND Mirdini (the same) three (3) songs of your choosing when you sign up (please provide links to these songs as well - doesn't have to be youtube, soundcloud or any audio file host works fine too). These will be chopped, blended, rhyme'd, shuffled, smashed and generally REMIX-X-X-ED into a delicious role.

Conditions apply: We can only guarantee that at least two of the three songs will be blended into your role. REMIXING is an art, not a science.

THE RULES:

1. Lynch votes are to be bolded and preceded by "Vote:", but may be stylized in any fashion.

2. Don’t talk about the game outside of game-sanctioned channels!

3. This game will use Quicktopics for private actions and communication, including personal, role exclusive topics. Generally, we’ll lock topics when posting in them is forbidden, but if we miss one by accident, please don't abuse the accidental privilege. No quoting QT’s without explicit moderator permission.

4. If a day activation/ability happens, DO NOT POST IN THE THREAD until that activation has been dealt with by the mods. You WILL be modkilled if you break this rule (barring ninja activations a minute or so before the post you made - if a post takes longer than a minute to write refresh the thread in another tab before you post).

5. General forum rules apply. Don't be a jerk!

6. Editing/Deleting posts will not be tolerated (you’re going to get modkilled not tolerated). Liberally double posting is okay, but be reasonable.

7. Please let us know if you would like to be replaced. Not telling us means that we have to wait ‘til we realize that you’re inactive and not contributing and that sucks. Inactivity modkills result in your slot losing no matter if your faction wins or not.

8. There will be 120 hours (5 Days) in each dayphase, and 72 hours (3 Days) in each nightphase. The mod may change this as necessary. Please make an effort to post at the very least once per day phase (preferably with more than one sentence).

9. Majority results in the favoured lynch, following with over half of the majority lynch for softlynch at deadline and no lynch if all else fails.

10. Mod rule is (mostly) absolute. OBEY.

11. No posting during the night!

12. If you’re in a quicktopic with someone else (e.g., the mafia) and wish to communicate at a faster rate, you may opt to communicate through some sort of messaging system so long as all conversations are recorded in the Quicktopic and done only during the times that are permissable as outlined in the Quicktopic itself.

13. We’ll relay messages in Quicktopics, and would prefer to have questions asked through them too. If you prefer to communicate with us (or vice versa) some other means, contact us. If you don't do that, we’re not obligated to send you alerts in any other fashion).

14. No ciphers.

15. You’re allowed one Bluh post after your death (which must be AFTER you have flipped in thread). This post cannot contain anything game-related.

16. Don't fake day activations! Modkill yadda yadda

SETUP GUARANTEES/NOTES:

- This game is not a serious one. Expect crazy things.
- There will be no game-ending third parties.
- Only third party factions will be capable of alignment swapping, if such a thing occurs in the game.
- There will be no jesters.
- There will be no silencers christ am I seriously being forced to put this guarantee in.
- There will be liberal modkilling of lurkers. Don't lurk.
- We probably won't have an observer chat.[/b]

Day Six Spezicorp Takeover Ad
[Image: spezi-original1.jpg]

Spezi - Da ist Saft drin!

ES GIBT VIELE COLA MIXGETRÄNKE. ABER NUR EIN ORIGINAL SPEZI COLAORANGE!

Es gibt viele Mischgetränke, aber nur ein original Spezi. Denn nur wo Spezi draufsteht, ist auch Spezi drin! Erfrischender Orangen- und Zitronensaft, ein Kick Cola, kaltgepresstes Mandarinenöl, feiner Orangenblütenextrakt und viele kleine Geheimnisse sorgen für den unnachahmlichen, fruchtigen Geschmack!

Spezi ist Spitze! Spezialisten erkennen Ihr Original sofort und lieben den echt einzigartigen Spezi-Look! Seit fast 50 Jahren sind die zwei orangenfarbenen Halbkreise Erkennungsmerkmale für das Original! Und das Original wächst - auch als Spezi light!

Spezi gibt es schon seit 1977!

DEAD OR ALIVE?! List
(9+1/37)

1. Palamedes II (A Killer Cuppa Tea) Richard Marvel, TOWN LOVERBOMB - Sewed to oblivion Night Three
2. ICan'tGiveCredit El Presidente, ACQUIRER BANANA DICTATOR - Overdosed Day Four
3. Chirality Nancy Monroe, ACQUIRER SLEEPDANCING MARKER - Mod-shot Day Four
4. MQuinny123 (SupahKiven) Genevieve Delacroix Necklace-Seeking TOWN PSYCHOHITMAN - Crushed by Mangoes Day Six
5. TehPilot Cultist #3 (Danny), TOWN CHANTER - Lynched Day Two
6. makerofthegames Freddie the Bartender, TOWN BARTENDER - Daykilled Day Two
7. Purple Walrus
8. icanhasdonut
9. anacreon EMPEROR EGGNOG, TOWN Cyborg-Chicken-Prophet - Makes a damn good bloody mary Night Six
10. AProcrastinatingWriter
11. beruru
12. Solaris Blade Wolf, TOWN DOG-SHAPED ROBOT BUDDY - Mod-shot Day Four
13. druplesnubb Konstantin Bryukiyevich, SOVIET PANTS CZAR - Lynched Day One
14. Paranoia
15. Red709
16. Acionyx Eren Volker von Zommelldester, TOWN INJECTION AFICIONADO - HORRIFICALLY MAULED Night Four.
17. Seedy Melike Candemir, RUTHLESS ACQUIRER MURDERER - Slain Night Four.
18. Palamedes Charon, TOWN DEALER - Riddled with Bullets Night Two
19. LegendaryQ (Balladeer)
20. OztheWizard Hocus Pocus, ACQUIRER PUPPETEER - Slain Night Three
21. Mooglegirl Isabella Abercrombie, TOWN FASHION SCION - Parakeet Oblitidayshot Day Three
22. Vladonizer Vandharmarabhava, TOWN (Very Lost) BUDDHIST ABBOT - Mod-shot Day Four
23. Cat Jinx, TOWN CHAMPION - Lynched Day Four
24. Sruixan Frank "Pistol Pete" Eaton, TOWN ZOMBIE COWBOY - Blown to Smithereens Night Four
25. calibornio Trevah Chillah G., TOWN STONER - Mod-shot Day Four
26. speedchoog - Salinger "Moneybags" McGoldenballs, TOWN PHILANTHROPIST - STRAYG VODES AT MILO Day Six
27. GenetiXientist ZLADOGG, MOLVANIAN RAP SUPERSTAR - Made Poor Alcohol Decisions Day Three
28. sonic3535 Plucky Roller Skating Man, TOWN LOVEBIRD - Mod-shot Day Four
29. Mister Visceral Annabelle Ochre, ACQUIRER COMMUNICATIONS MOM - Lynched Day Five
30. Deviant One Enrico 'The Venetian' Dandolo, ACQUIRER MASTERMIND - OBLITERATED Day Five
31. Coldblooded Liberteriel, TOWN ANGEL - Riddled with Bullets and Stabbed to Pieces Night Two
32. Deceptive
33. Coldbloodedv2 (Margatroid) "Mikey" ACQUIRER JAPANOPILE NINJATHIEF - Decapitated Night Five
34. Stiqqery
35. Kieros KIEROS, BOOZE DEMIGOD - Creamed by an Hourglass Day 6
36. granolaman THE DARK MASTER, UNDEAD VIZIER SERIAL KILLER - Revenge Killed Day Five
37. Weasely Joanna, WEASEL CORPS TACTICAL SNIPER - Slaughtered Day Four
38. Mirdini

Day/Event List

07-22-2013, 03:51 AM
RE: <*> BlenderSongfia <*> :: Signups (1/100+?)
boo
07-22-2013, 04:28 AM (This post was last modified: 10-22-2013 06:54 AM by ICan'tGiveCredit.)
The maximum number of players can't be 100, can they?

Can they?

I'm scared guys mspa That's a lot of remixes.
07-22-2013, 04:30 AM
Shut up and give me your music. :D
07-22-2013, 05:47 AM
I am ready for this. /in

(I'll send my songs in shortly, presently I can't gather proper links.)

and now, hunger does what sorrow could never do
website | @tehpilot
07-22-2013, 06:10 AM
I... I... clusterfuck? Okay. Just uh... okay. I like clusterfucks.

(let me send in my soooooongs)
07-22-2013, 07:05 AM
/in
Thinking up some songs. I'm assuming they have to have lyrics..for the whole..role part.
07-22-2013, 07:09 AM
RE: <*> BlenderSongfia <*> :: Signups (4/100+?)
Going to join this!
07-22-2013, 07:16 AM
Oh god yes.
I shall be active day one instead of day 5

dC Wrote:donut is A FILTHY TRAITOR unreliable
07-22-2013, 10:05 AM
a 100 player cluster fuck? There Is No possible way this can go wrong.

[Image: sonicsig2.jpg]
Steam
07-22-2013, 10:10 AM
I don't think I'm quite ready after my performance in my last game to do any serious mafiaing...

...but this isn't exactly serious, is it?

IN

[Image: g4osirL.jpg]
07-22-2013, 10:26 AM
what qualifies as a "song"

"Have some wine," the March Hare said in an encouraging tone.
Alice looked all round the table, but there was nothing on it but tea.
"I don't see any wine," she remarked.

(06-25-2013 09:31 AM)Chirality Wrote:  And then everyone cut the simplest explanations in tiny pieces then set them on fire then threw them in a lake and poisoned the lake.
07-22-2013, 10:34 AM
this is a horrible idea

No one man should have all that power
The clocks tickin, I just count the hours
07-22-2013, 11:52 AM
(07-22-2013 10:26 AM)beruru Wrote:  what qualifies as a "song"

It has to exceed 30 seconds and must have been performed or created by musicians and/or sound artists.
07-22-2013, 02:40 PM
(07-22-2013 10:34 AM)Solaris Wrote:  this is a horribly GREAT IDEA I LOVE IT AND IT IS AMAZING

I agree :>
07-22-2013, 02:56 PM
AND THEN MUSICS WERE RECEIVED
07-23-2013, 12:12 AM (This post was last modified: 07-23-2013 12:13 AM by Druplesnubb.)
RE: <*> BlenderSongfia <*> :: Signups (12/100+?)
In

When does this start anyway?
07-23-2013, 10:12 AM
RE: <*> BlenderSongfia <*> :: Signups (13/100+?)
ehhh I guess I'm In
07-23-2013, 10:19 AM
I literally can't not In now.
07-23-2013, 01:33 PM
I'm going to find the most infuriating and impossible-to-mix songs.
07-23-2013, 01:53 PM
Nyan cat + Gangnam style + The Wheels On The Bus
07-23-2013, 02:26 PM (This post was last modified: 07-24-2013 08:52 AM by ICan'tGiveCredit.)
(07-23-2013 01:53 PM)makerofthegames Wrote:  Nyan cat + Gangnam style + The Wheels On The Bus

I think you're supposed to PM those to Amos.

Also, I don't think I could've came up with something better. more aggravating to remix, along Kieros' lines.

For all I know, Kieros is trying to make all 3 of his songs with monkeys howling in the background.

EDIT:
And with that in mind, I'm scared as to what you actually sent. mspa
\/ \/ \/ \/
07-23-2013, 02:36 PM
Those aren't my choices, I was suggesting some annoying songs to remix. :P
07-23-2013, 03:27 PM
Sent
07-23-2013, 03:59 PM
[Image: tumblr_inline_mpyrqgutdf1r5wklf.gif]
07-24-2013, 12:52 AM
RE: <*> BlenderSongfia <*> :: Signups (17/100+?)
I want to join but I also don't want to go and get songs.

I guess I'll just deal with it (In).
07-24-2013, 01:23 AM
I'll join.

I'm sending the songs in 12 hours.
07-24-2013, 02:16 AM (This post was last modified: 07-24-2013 05:46 AM by Balladeer.)
I may regret this, but I've never done a cluster before. In, with pieces incoming.

Er... do they have to be songs? As in, do they have to have a vocal line, or can they be purely instrumental? Can they be just pieces instead is basically what I'm asking.

Watching you play mafia.
07-24-2013, 06:04 AM
(07-24-2013 02:16 AM)Balladeer Wrote:  Er... do they have to be songs? As in, do they have to have a vocal line, or can they be purely instrumental? Can they be just pieces instead is basically what I'm asking.

Not necessarily, but lyrics do probably make it easier on us mods

if you want us to try to interpret purely instrumental music though be my guest, we can take it
07-24-2013, 06:15 AM
Well, damn, as if picking 3 songs wasn't hard enough already, now I'm tempted to drop my current choices just to see what you'd make with Toccata and Fugue in D minor, Bethoven's 5th and some Prokofiev.
07-24-2013, 06:21 AM
(07-24-2013 06:15 AM)OzTheWizard Wrote:  Well, damn, as if picking 3 songs wasn't hard enough already, now I'm tempted to drop my current choices just to see what you'd make with Toccata and Fugue in D minor, Bethoven's 5th and some Prokofiev.

Pretty sure Kieros has you covered if I know him
07-24-2013, 06:24 AM
RE: <*> BlenderSongfia <*> :: Signups (20/100+?)
Good, I'll stick to obscure, terrible songs then.
07-24-2013, 06:45 AM
Done. Sent in a mixture, including some classical. I love me some classical.

Watching you play mafia.
07-24-2013, 09:04 AM
Ah, what the hell. I could use some not-serious mafia to lighten my mood. Songs will be sent shortly when I can make up my mind.
07-24-2013, 09:07 AM
(07-24-2013 09:04 AM)Mooglegirl Wrote:  Ah, what the hell. I could use some not-serious mafia to lighten my mood. Songs will be sent shortly when I can make up my mind.

Go play in that one Radio Tower game you're in first and then get back to me :I
07-24-2013, 09:13 AM
I replaced out. :I
07-24-2013, 10:39 AM
Er, I know it's common practice to not check a topic after you replace out of it but

No you haven't

According to the mod

[Image: g4osirL.jpg]
07-24-2013, 10:46 AM
(07-24-2013 10:39 AM)AProcrastinatingWriter Wrote:  Er, I know it's common practice to not check a topic after you replace out of it but

No you haven't

According to the mod

(07-04-2013 07:39 AM)Mooglegirl Wrote:  Bleh, I think I'm going to replace out too. As much as I really hate to do this, I'm just getting frustrated with how much I'm missing and have been unable to put much effort into my scumhunting for a multitude of reasons, most of them personal. Better to let someone else have the slot than let my activity dwindle to nothing.

well she asked for a replacement but for obvious reasons Pilot has been unable to oblige here

so technically you're both right!

either way that'll be the last we're discussing this game in here (probably) but point stands that if you have time to play in one mafia game you should really have time to do what you signed up to do in the other one

if pilot's game wasn't in such ridiculously dire straits with regards to replacements I'd be more lenient here but the rationale of 'better to have someone more talkative in the slot' is not really valid at this point <:P
07-24-2013, 11:43 AM
This looks like a lot of fun. I shall join this.

Prepare for an interesting set of songs from me.
07-25-2013, 01:22 PM
(07-24-2013 09:13 AM)Mooglegirl Wrote:  I replaced out. :I

and then your slot was the first one TehPilot replaced so you literally can't jump back in so uh well

WELCOME ABOARD
07-25-2013, 02:54 PM
RE: <*> BlenderSongfia <*> :: Signups (22/100+?)
WAY TO BE A TERRIBLE HOST MIRDINI.

AMOS IS ALSO A TERRIBLE HOST FOR TYPOING MY NAME.

THE BIGGER LETTERS ARE TO MAKE YOU FEEL MISERABLE INSIDE. BOO
07-25-2013, 11:56 PM
(07-23-2013 03:59 PM)seedy Wrote:  [Image: tumblr_inline_mpyrqgutdf1r5wklf.gif]

hot.
07-26-2013, 12:23 AM
I've never played in one of these things before, let's have a go(?)

I'm in!
07-26-2013, 01:39 AM
Oh blimey yes definitely please.

...hmmmmmm... I mean, I can do obscure. I can do weird. I can do crazy. I can do difficult-to-mix. I can do instrumental, lyrical, spoken word, sampled, even heavily-filtered gutturals if I wanted to... I can do classical, electronic, acoustic, classical electronic on acoustic instruments... and yet somehow I can only pick three?

...see you next blue moon...

alternatively I could just pick the first three songs to come up on a shuffle

just to be annoying
07-26-2013, 06:12 AM
(07-26-2013 01:39 AM)Sruixan Wrote:  alternatively I could just pick the first three songs to come up on a shuffle

just to be annoying

That's my style.
07-26-2013, 06:35 AM
Pretty much yeah.

I'm terrible with choosing things so it's the only reliable method.
07-27-2013, 03:44 PM
RE: <*> BlenderSongfia <*> :: Signups (25/100+?)
I'm in.

[Image: tumblr_m89thxih7c1qesb9j.png][Image: tumblr_m89ti2qf1P1qesb9j.png][Image: tumblr_m89ti533mx1qesb9j.png][Image: tumblr_m89tieX3hv1qesb9j.png][Image: tumblr_m89tillJz41qesb9j.gif][Image: tumblr_m89tiqBWIY1qesb9j.gif][Image: tumblr_m3dyn8mGBA1qesb9j.gif]
07-29-2013, 12:25 PM
So when does this start? :3
07-29-2013, 03:39 PM
when we hit 100 I suppose when the playerlist is fairly large. Maybe 30-40s range.
07-29-2013, 04:26 PM
When signups slow down maybe?
We'll post when we have a finalized deadline for signups. And then we'll need time to make roles for them if we haven't already.