In Progress Godhood S2: IC thread. Turn 14 start!
07-28-2013, 02:57 AM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2013 05:33 AM by Supernerd.)
Godhood S2: IC thread. Turn 14 start!
Godhood S2
Turn 0: Nothing happened yet

The universe. A big empty plot of nothing. Honestly I don't see what the big deal is about universes. I'll never understand how the gods think, if they truly even think at all.

I am Ababbos. My sole duty is to oversee the Pantheon. The years have not been kind to my memory but I remember what I need to know. The Pantheon is an artifact created by divine hands. Why it was created, I cannot say. Its function is to impose a code of laws among the divine. It accomplishes this not by punishing those who break the laws, but by rewarding those who do not. For as long as I can remember the gods have avoided this place like the metaphor. Until now.

The Pantheon
The Pantheon is an artifact of immense power created by the gods of old, and the sole relic of the ancient times that remains to this day. The Pantheon is a place, but not a physical one. A god can reach the Pantheon from any physical location. One may leave the Pantheon at any time, but upon doing so they cannot return until the following turn. If you are a member of the Pantheon you must obey its laws and will be granted an additional 2 acts each turn. Any Pantheon member can propose a new law or an amendment to an old one, and it will be voted on by all pantheon members next turn. The current laws are as follows.

- Each god gets three votes per voting session
- Each Demigod gets one vote per voting session
- Up to two laws may be considered at a time in a voting session
- No god may grant the gift of intelligence to mortalkind

Demigods
Ababbos: The attendant of the Pantheon, created in ancient times. Ababbos is not loyal to any gods and has no known abilities that do not relate to the Pantheon. Ababbos's value is 10 acts.
The Gods
Azhaluq (Social Equality, Knowledge): 5 acts
Trikeer (Tricks, Illusions): 5 acts
Unuquentum (Greed, Crystal): 5 acts
Laterite (Happiness, Water): 5 acts
Svetis (Honesty, Fire): 5 acts
Chullous (Passion, Emotion): 5 acts
Sveln (Deception, Liquid): 5 acts
Tazmit (Heroism, Air): 5 acts
07-28-2013, 03:22 AM
RE: Godhood S2: IC thread.
Sveln oozes into the universe and restructures himself into a vaguely humanoid shape. Noticing Ababbos, he quickly strikes up a conversation.

"Why hello there! My name is Sveln, nice to meet you", Sveln says as he extends his hand for a handshake. Sveln continues even if the demigod doesn't shake his hand, "This place is a bit empty, except for that thing and us. What is it anyway?"

Sveln inquires about the Pantheon.
07-28-2013, 03:26 AM (This post was last modified: 07-28-2013 03:27 AM by Vancho1.)
Svetis was the first to enter the universe. Well, the second, if you counted Ababbos. Or the n+2th, where n is the number of deities involved in the creation of the Pantheon. Make that 2n+3, counting Sveln. Okay, I guess Svetis wasn't the first. So what.

An entirely confused empowered soldier slid into the world.

"Brr! It's cold out here. And dark too! Should start a fire or something."

Svetis used his power to make a ball of fire in space. Or rather, a self-sustaining fusion reactor that fuses hydrogen into helium at high temperatures and pressures. Also known as a star. It takes three acts.

Svetis creates a star with three acts! It is of yet unnamed.

The one, the only, Vancho!
07-28-2013, 04:19 AM
Ababbos provides this response: "The Pantheon is... Oh its been so very long since I last spoke of it. The Pantheon was created by your kind some time in the past. The Pantheon grants power to your kind, should they obey its laws. Not sure how much though. Must have been enough to be worth doing I assume. Perchance something to do with essence? Whatever that is... Hm...

At any rate, you may inspect it as you so wish. The laws are written down, should be the same as it was when they left. Don't remember who they are... Oh I am in no condition to be doing this."
07-28-2013, 04:27 AM
"Laws? Laws that govern a source of divine energy? Very interesting..." Sveln says as his face contorts itself into a twisted smile. "I would like to change one of these laws"

Sveln proposes that the law: No god may grant the gift of intelligence to mortalkind be removed. He puts 1/3 votes behind it.

Suddenly there is a flash of light as a star springs up behind him. Whirling around, Sveln notices Svetis.

"Hi there!" Sveln says as he holds his hand out to the armored god in a friendly manner, "My name is Sveln, who are you?"
07-28-2013, 05:39 AM
"Umm... I'm Svetis, guard, or god now I guess? I don't know much about anything. I was guarding a tent, something happened, I burned to death, and now I'm a god of fire? That's about all I can say."

07-28-2013, 07:26 AM
"Well you certainly do seem to be a god, I mean you did just make that star. Nice work by the way, it's hard to really get anything started without one. Have you decided on a name for it?"
07-28-2013, 08:39 AM (This post was last modified: 07-28-2013 09:49 AM by Pagan.)
The mass of scales drags itself through the material, spiralling into a noose-like knot. Azhaluq views the written laws, and turns back to their writhing, speaking to the two god they have witnessed.
"Who... that..." "Made... Law..."
"Why?"

Azhaluq enters the realm

Working Name: Anarkismo
07-28-2013, 09:11 AM
Chullous enters the universe, slinking through space. His quills flat against his sides, his eyes staring out among the expanse of nothingness, with the exception of a star. He drew himself towards it, basking in its glow.

"Such warmth and life! But so little to enjoy it. These gods are sterile and lifeless..." He said, somewhat unsatisfied with his present company. But he would fix that right up!

Chullous drew himself towards the sun and did his divine work- he drew his powerful acts from within himself and focused his emotions and energies. He would create a planet- a planet fit for life! He made sure to set the planet close enough to the sun to be warm, but far enough to not burn anything on it. He also realizes that he may not have enough power to fully make his creation as he wanted, so he decides to just set the groundwork first. He molds a ball of rock in his soft hands, his sharp spines just flattened for now as he worked. He then breathed onto the planet, giving it an atmosphere. Then, he bit his own finger and bled onto the planet; creating oceans and lakes of water. Finally, he created a simplistic grass shaped a bite like a spine, though it was too soft to actually hurt anyone, and spread them around the planet, letting them slowly turn the atmosphere from his breath into breathable air, for other creatures soon to follow.

Once his work is done his quills quiver with pride and he seeks other gods, telling them happily of his work. His quills seemed to nearly be shivering, a sure sign of his happiness, with neon blues and greens waving through his quills like a sort of dancing sheen.

"Look what I have created, fellow divines! It is not wonderful?"

Chullous spends 4 Act to create a small planetoid; 1 for the planet, 1 for an atmosphere, 1 for the waters and 1 for the grass.
07-28-2013, 09:11 AM
Once a moon, now a vessel, a rock floats through space. And it would have kept drifting if not for the sudden appearance of gravity. The vessel's trajectory switches, bringing it and it's dormant cargo close to the sun. Picking up speed, the moon rockets towards the new sun, barely missing it and singeing one of the moon's taller mountains. The moon becomes stuck, pulled back towards the sun in a very narrow elliptical orbit.

The heat from the sun bakes the surface of the moon, causing its single inhabitant to stir. Unuquentum lights up for the first time in a millennium. It crawls from the crystal infected hole it dug into the crust of the moon and roars. The roar is more of a yawn than anything else. Unuquentum swivels its head. It senses... gods? "Ksssssssss..." Unuquentum hisses in curiosity, even as it stabilizes the moon's orbit to make sure it doesn't drift away or hit the sun.

Unuquentum takes its moon and sets it into orbit around the sun. -1 act
07-28-2013, 09:48 AM
Azhaluq wrapped around the surface of the planetoid, flicking tongues to taste the surface. Small plants covered it, but plants can not move, can not interact.
"Close... not... perfect..." "But... quite..."

With a shake of their scales, mites fell to the surface, but the size of a grain of sand. But their size hid their intelligence. The black and red spiralling patterns of their shells shifted with their moods and thoughts, punctuated by the clicking of their mandibles in complex patterns. They fed on the grass seeds, supplying their weak, young, and old with food if they could not quite feed themselves. They had language, and compassion, but that was not enough. Azhaluq, with all their power, gave the Ur-Mites a need to fully understand all that there was.

"Better... there... more... to..." "But... is... yet... make"

With 4 acts Azhaluq creates the Ur-Mites, a species of fast breeding sentient mites that feed on the grass of Planetoid Unnamed, capable of compassion and language, and filled with curiousity.

07-28-2013, 10:07 AM
Excellent, the other gods had laid the groundwork for a life supporting planet. Now Sveln could give it its first inhabitant.

A blob split itself off from Sveln's amorphous body. It floated through space until it became caught in orbit around Chullous's planet. The orbit decayed quickly and soon the blob crashed landed onto the planetoid.

The blob stirred and molded itself into a shape not unlike that of Sveln, albeit smaller. It looked up at it's creator expectantly.

"Welcome to the universe, Split"

Sveln creates the demigod "Split". Split has the ability Perfect Mimic. Split can mimic a creature perfectly right down to clothes and voice. He doesn't get the creature's abilities or memories, but otherwise he is completely indistinguishable. -5 Acts.

Split looks around at his surroundings and then back at Sveln. "Why am I here? What do you want me to mimic, the grass? There's nothing to do!"

"All in good time", answers Sveln, "I'm sure the other gods will create animals shortly. You must have patience; your time will come."

Suddenly Azhaluq creates the Ur-Mites like a stealthy god ninja.

"See, right there, life. Go mimic them and find out what they're all about. Maybe you should teach a few about deception."

Split goes to mimic and hang out with the Ur-Mites.
07-28-2013, 11:09 AM (This post was last modified: 07-28-2013 11:35 AM by SupahKiven.)
Unuquentum observed the planetoid and its tiny inhabitants. It felt their curiosity. And from curiosity, came... other things. From curiosity came adventure, then wealth. Then greed. The thought made instincts bubble up in Unuquentum, instincts from its demon heritage. It didn't think the other gods had seen it. Unuquentum floated behind them, sliding up as close to the planetoid as possible while still remaining unnoticed. It then abandoned its discretion, plunging to the surface and sinking its four legs into the planetoid's crust.

Crystals erupted from the surface; north, south, east, and west. Four lines of crystals spaced at random intervals separated the planet into four sections. The crystals were of all colors and sizes. Nothing prevented the Ur-Mites from passing in between these sections, they were purely aesthetic. From the end opposite of Unuquentum, a spire grows from where the lines meet. As the god leaves the ground, another spire rises from where it was. Unuquentum retreats back to its moon-planet, going to hide from the other gods.

Unuquentum places four lines of crystals, both running from one spire to the other. -1 act
07-28-2013, 12:40 PM
As Split goes off to live among the Ur-Mites and teach a few of them about deception, Sveln turns his attention back to the new gods that had appeared.

The first stop on Sveln's welcoming committee is Azhaluq.

"Welcome new god friend, I'm Sveln! Top notch work with those Ur-Mites I must say, they certainly look like a beautifully emotional species. The best kind!

As to your first question, we don't know who made the laws of the pantheon, but I think we can change them if we agree on what they should be. That Ababbos guy is the only one who really knows much of anything."

After this short speech, Sveln looks around at the other gods. He notices Unuquentum marking the planetoid with crystals at its poles and hemispheres. Then the crystalline god runs off to hide in its moon. It didn't seem to wish to be disturbed.

Svlen decides to visit Chullous.

"Hello there, my name is Sveln. Absolutely capital work on the planetoid, I must say. Everything necessary for life to flourish and you were able to make it just after entering the universe! Thank you for doing that for us!"
07-28-2013, 12:48 PM (This post was last modified: 07-28-2013 03:51 PM by yappy111.)
Laterite saw all of the other gods in the Pantheon, and decided that he was late. It wasn't his fault really, he was just taking a nice nap at the time. Any way, it would be best for him if he made himself known now.

"Hey everyone! How're ya all doing?"

Then he spotted the Sole planetoid in the new universe. He thought it looked alright, there was life and the right living conditions. There was grass to eat as well, but he saw there were no trees! This wouldn't do at all! His sphere may not be about vegetation and trees, but this would not do! His Ent pride would not stand for it!

"This planetoid's missing trees, I'm going to add some now!"

Laterite creates many forests and a few jungles scattered across the Planetoid, using 4 acts

The jungles will contain 3 species, one being tall tall trees which grow edible fruit from it's branches and the other species being basically Bamboo, and the last one being large vines that extend from tree to tree.

The forests will have one species, just your normal plain old apple tree.
07-28-2013, 01:28 PM
Sveln realized a new god had emerged and was now creating forests. He slides over to Laterite.

"Hi, I'm Sveln! Impeccable work with the trees there, the planet really needed more vegetation than just the grass. This place is shaping up nicely!"
07-28-2013, 01:48 PM
Upon the creation of the jungles, Azhaluq begin to knot through the treetops, far from any view, not that it mattered, considering they weren't physical. But all the same, they hung and watched the life of the Ur-Mites, waiting for the little creatures to give power to the gods. They would have none of this pantheon, forbidding the saving of mortals from foolishness.

07-28-2013, 02:06 PM
Chullous is spoken to by Sveln- the liquid god complimented the quilled god's work.

Chullous's spines seemed to shiver, with a bright orange glow moving up his body to around his face- sort of like a blush. The waving orange also collected near his head like a crown or halo. A symbol of pride, perhaps?

"Oh, thank you Sveln! This universe was just so boring and lifeless without life of any kind. At first I was a little upset when the Ur-Mites were created without my permission on my planetoid, but I saw how they were a emotional and energetic little species and I love them!" He said happily, looking away from Sveln in embarrassment. His colors and his expressions hid nothing- he showed his emotions very much on his sleeves. He was almost the opposite of the deceptive other god!

Soon enough Chullous noticed another alteration to his planetoid; crystals. He did not see when they were made or by whom- but he liked them almost immediately. He had an excellent idea for the crystals, but he would have to wait until he had more power.

In the meantime Chullous approached Azhaluq- the god responsible for the Ur-Mites.

"Your Ur-Mites are a very interesting breed- I adore them already!" Chullous said, his quills during green and fluttering- he was literally green with envy! "Anyway- I was wondering if in the future I may add to their culture; the first intelligent mortal race in this universe seems very emotional and curious, it is just a shame that as of now they have nothing to do but eat, mate, and talk to each other. Some stories or songs... maybe some bright colors and dyes for their little shells! Oh, and one last thing. The mites are very small, but because of how fast they breed and because they have no predators I am worried they will over populate and may bring an end to themselves or the planet at large- I wanted to ask you if in the future I could create a race of beings who may eat these mites, to help keep their numbers in check. I believe it to be wrong to eat intelligent beings; but the creatures who would eat them would not be intelligent." Chullous explained thoughtfully, his spines soon turning into a question blue color, awaiting an answer from the other god.

Chullous spends no acts and simply talks to the other gods, planning for the future.
07-28-2013, 02:27 PM (This post was last modified: 07-28-2013 04:07 PM by DenizenShipper.)
Tazmit emerged quietly, not intending on interacting with any of the gods initially. However, some sort of ancient moon spins past his head, and activates his godly reflexes. He spins a net of air into its path to slow its orbit.

1 act (after discount) to add an improved,flame-enhancing atmosphere to Unuquentum's moon.

The extradimensional pantheon nonetheless captures his attention however.

Hmmm,

he mumbles, leafing through the records.

I really have no choice but to support giving the mortals a chance. Even though they're just going to mess it all up.

With his other taloned hand, he reflexively begins the construction of another planet, finding the current state of the universe to be somewhat claustrophobic.

3 acts to create the planet of Aurel, adrift in space. It has a chalky construction and contains an abundance of caves. 1 act (after discount) to give it a dense atmosphere with exotic components, suitable for the supporting of bizzare sky beasts.

You know, I might have a proposal of my own...

Tazmit proposes the law: After the rations of power are distributed by the pantheon (I.E. at the beginning of each turn), the first change made to the universe must be the addition of a new celestial body, or the expansion of an existing one.
07-28-2013, 03:10 PM
Azhaluq stared with both their heads at Chullous.

"None... eat... they... learn." "May... them... will..."

They simply returned to watching the Ur-Mites.

07-28-2013, 03:20 PM
This Sveln fellow seems pretty nice.

"Nice to meet ya too Sveln! Right now it's all slightly dull, but hey, we can make it better later I suppose. I guess we could sit back and see how all this'll work out then."
07-28-2013, 03:22 PM
"I'm confused. What does that law mean? Are we even part of the Pantheon?"

07-28-2013, 03:41 PM
Up to you. It seems you can accept the chains of the Pantheon and gain power in return. Or refuse and get nothing. Simple enough, right?
07-28-2013, 03:53 PM
In reply to Laterite, Sveln said: "Yeah, I'm planning on taking it more or less easy until we can see the consequences of our actions."

He then went over and spoke to Svetis: "I believe we are in the Pantheon simply by being gods in the same universe as it and not breaking its rules.

I think the new guy's rule means someone either has to create a new celestial body every turn or add onto another celestial body, for example by giving it an atmosphere, before anyone can do anything else. It kind of increases the rate at which new planets are made while being sort of annoying"

Sveln's tone then becomes a little darker, "If I had to guess, I'd say he has some ulterior motive for wanting more planets. Perhaps he innocently just wants to encourage filling out the universe. Perhaps he thinks more planets will make him more powerful. We don't know."

The god's tone then returns to it's normal vaguely upbeat friendliness, "That being said, it's probably not too bad of an idea. I would like about five or so habitable planets floating around. I won't block it, but I don't think I'll vote for it either."

Speaking of the new guy, Sveln goes up to Tazmit next.

"Why hello there! My name is Sveln. I see you have an interesting looking planet over there. I wonder what you plan to do with it? Perhaps some sort of avians that roost in the caves?"
07-28-2013, 04:05 PM (This post was last modified: 07-28-2013 04:08 PM by DenizenShipper.)
Or perhaps I skimped on materials to reduce the gravitic pull of a sizable creation. It's been a while since I've seen someone do an entirely floating ecology.

Tazmit pointedly returns to examining the Pantheon.
07-30-2013, 06:42 AM (This post was last modified: 07-30-2013 06:43 AM by Supernerd.)
Turn 1: The Beginning

The Pantheon unleashes its energy for the first time in ages. It has identified Azhaluq as a rule breaker and distributed 2 acts to every other god. A small solar system as been created along with the first mortal life. The events that have transpired can be seen in the various sections below. Ababbos formally introduces the start of the democratic process as seen below.
The Pantheon will now vote on the following laws. Each god gets 3 votes in this session and each demigod gets 1 vote. A vote can be used to upvote or downvote any of the following proposals. A proposal passes if it has more upvotes than downvotes. If you break any laws on the same turn that you vote, your votes are forfeit. Votes may be done via PM or posted in bold text.
- Repeal "No god may grant the gift of intelligence to mortalkind"
- Expansionist law "The first action a god should take each turn must be to create or expand a Celesital Object"

The Pantheon
The Pantheon is an artifact of immense power created by the gods of old, and the sole relic of the ancient times that remains to this day. The Pantheon is a place, but not a physical one. A god can reach the Pantheon from any physical location. One may leave the Pantheon at any time, but upon doing so they cannot return until the following turn. If you are a member of the Pantheon you must obey its laws and will be granted an additional 2 acts each turn. Any Pantheon member can propose a new law or an amendment to an old one, and it will be voted on by all pantheon members next turn. The current laws are as follows.

- No god may grant the gift of intelligence to mortalkind

Dossier: The Ur-Mites
The Ur-Mites are currently a brand new species, while they are capable of lucid thought they currently behave much like ordinary insects due to lack of life experience. Their population is expected to rise drastically in the future. Split the demigod has been interacting with them. Split is already bored, and has issued the complaint "These stupid bugs don't even understand the meaning of fear"
1 Social Equality: The Ur-Mites as of now have not been introduced to concepts such as racism, specialization etc.
0 Greed: The Ur-Mites do not presently have any needs or wants aside from food and sometimes shelter.
0 Happiness: The Ur-Mites lives are boring to the point where they don't have especially good or bad days. They have yet to come up with a word for Happiness.
1 Honesty: The Ur-Mites do discuss matters such as the locations of food occasionally.
0 Passion: The Ur-Mites do mate, although not in such a way that would override logic.
0 Deception: While some Ur-Mites are aware of the concept of deception, reasons to actually utilize it are rare.
0 Heroism: The scariest thing on the Ur-Mites planet is fruit under the influence of gravity.
Mortal Encyclopedia
Spinegrass: A small plant shaped like a spine. It is too soft to cause any harm.
Ur-Mites: The Ur-Mites are small arthropods with black and red colored shells and clicking mandibles. They feed on spinegrass seeds and are surprisingly intelligent.
Tall Tall Trees: A jungle tree that can grow to be very tall. It grows edible fruit.
Basically Bamboo: A plant that grows very quickly which is otherwise unremarkable.
Large Vines: A very flexible plant. It grows on other kinds of plants.
Apple Tree: A small tree that grows edible fruit.
Celestial Map (one dash means its just floating in space. Two dashes means it is orbiting the first one dash object above it. Three dash means it is orbiting the first two dash object above etc)
-Unnamed Star, Size 6. Has no remarkable features.
--Unuquentum's Moon, size 1. Close orbit distance. Has an oxygen rich atmosphere. This planet housed Unuquentum before it arrived in this universe.
--Unnamed Planetoid, Size 1. Medium orbit distance
This planet has a simple atmosphere and massive bodies of water. There are various colorful crystals in a cross pattern which appear to seperate the planet into 4 slices.
Spinegrass (sparse),
Ur-Mites (low population),
Tall Tall Trees (sparse)
Basically Bamboo (sparse)
Large Vines (sparse)
Apple Tree (sparse)
-Planet Aurel, size 3. Has an abundance of caves and a dense atmosphere.
Demigods
Ababbos: The attendant of the Pantheon, created in ancient times. Ababbos is not loyal to any gods and has no known abilities that do not relate to the Pantheon. Ababbos's value is 10 acts.
Split: A demigod capable of flawless imitation, and as such is a natural infiltrator. Split is currently loyal to Sveln. Splits value is 5 acts.
The Gods
Azhaluq (Social Equality, Knowledge): 2 acts
Unuquentum (Greed, Crystal): 6 acts
Laterite (Happiness, Water): 3 acts
Svetis (Honesty, Fire): 5 acts
Chullous (Passion, Emotion): 3 acts
Sveln (Deception, Liquid): 2 acts
Tazmit (Heroism, Air): 2 acts
07-30-2013, 07:19 AM
Azhaluq smiled on their creation. The Ur-Mites were lacking however. They would eventually run out of food, and the environment was prone to change. Azhaluq was not ok with this. They snaked invisibly around an Ur-Mite, and planted into the mind of it, and all others, a set of gifts. The knowledge of farming, seasons, crop rotations, and fertilizer. The apple trees, too large to eat alone, were farmed by groups, and the spinegrass was ordered in neat rows.

Azhaluq was pleased.

1 (2-1 for knowledge output sphere) Act to give the Ur-Mites advanced agricultural knowledge.

07-30-2013, 07:22 AM
Sveln spends 1 vote to upvote Repeal "No god may grant the gift of intelligence to mortalkind". He reserves the rest because he doesn't like wasting them.

Sveln takes note of Split's complaint. "Fear? You're trying to teach them deception, not fear."

This was a bit of a problem though, the Ur-Mites understood the concept, but they had no use for it. Usually Sveln would use greed to motivate creatures into deceiving each other for personal gain, but that wouldn't work well on these particular creatures.

No no, he needed something more...

fun.

"Teach the Ur-Mites how to play Hide and Seek. They look pretty bored and I'm sure they'll latch onto it quickly. Since it will literally be the only game they know, it will likely become their national sport. You will of course help make that a reality."

Sveln then tells Split exactly what Hide and Seek is so that he knows.

Sveln instructs Split to teach the Ur-Mites how to play Hide and Seek and to try to make it the Ur-Mites' national sport.

Sveln gives a quick nod to Laterite; having a game to play would certainly increase the Ur-Mites' happiness.

"Then when that has progressed, the Ur-Mites will finally want something. Some will begin to crave the fame and fortune that comes with being the best in the Ur-Mite colony."

Sveln gives a nod towards Unuquentum.

"Some simply won't be able to compete with the best around", said Sveln as his dark emerald eyes shined with hunger, "that's when you teach them about me. Tempt them with the promises of my blessings if they pledge themselves to me. When a decent amount have accepted, I shall give them the power they crave..."

Sveln tells Split to tempt some Ur-Mites with the power to become the best at Hide and Seek.
07-30-2013, 07:26 AM
Azhaluq's heads sighed.

"Temptation... Greed... Hate... Jealous..." "And... Breeds... From... Contempt..."

Azhaluq spiralled around Sveln inquisitively.

"Why?"

07-30-2013, 07:39 AM
"Because greed is an easy motivator for deception and worship. I understand your complaints, my beautiful reptile, but this is the way it shall be.

I would of course be open to other suggestions. If you can think of a way for me to get some to worship me and accept my gifts without appealing to greed, I would like to hear it. It's not too late for me to stop Split. I don't want to be a burden upon your species, but I simply must breed deception in the hearts of mortals one way or another.

Besides, it's not like learning how to hide would be bad for them. I would not be surprised if some of the other gods were about to create some sort of predator to feed upon the Ur-Mites, perhaps to cause them to repopulate more quickly and
passionately. More will survive if they know how to hide."
07-30-2013, 07:47 AM
"No... Shall... Be" "It... Not..."

Azhaluq snaked directly into the mind of the Ur-Mites, finding that which would lead them to envy - and eating it. He devoured their jealousy, their envy. They would not strive for what others had, and would be content in their position.

"Contention... A... Gift." "Is... Great..."

1 Act to remove the sense of envy and jealousy from the Ur-Mites, making them no longer prone to greed.

07-30-2013, 08:01 AM
Sveln narrowed his eyes at Azhaluq and spoke with a chill, "Well, I suppose they're your species and you can do what you will with them.

I was about to suggest that perhaps I could get Split to introduce both of us in to the Ur-Mites in a gambit where he starts a separate cult for each of us masquerading as different leaders, but I suppose I'll hold off on that now..."

Without greed, it would be difficult to place deception into the hearts of mortals. Sveln needed to think.
07-30-2013, 08:10 AM (This post was last modified: 07-30-2013 08:47 AM by Rufus.)
Chullous feels the rush and power that comes from the Pantheon; giving him and all his fellow gods who did not create intelligent life a slice of cosmic powers. He didn't agree to be a part of this pantheon, but perhaps he should play along.

In the meantime however, Chullous looks out upon the Ur-Mites and their civilization and knows he wants the same. He wants his own civilization and his own passionate race of peoples! But for that he would have to wait, he didn't have the strength for it now. So instead, he would work towards the Ur-Mites!

He reached down towards the Earth and poked it with his finger, and from that spot blossomed forth a tiny flower, only about as big as the spinegrass. He waved his hand over it, spreading the flowers all over the planet, with the flowers having many different colored petals, many looking like gradients of colors. He shook these flowers, spreading some of the petals downwards towards the Ur-mites. He wanted them to see the colors of the petals and taste them, perhaps they would taste better or worse to the Ur-Mites, or maybe even the Ur-Mites would wear them as clothing or use them in their new games of hide and seek!

Chullous spends 1 act to create the Passion Petal; multicolored flowers of great beauty.

After his work was done he would have to wait and see the results of his labor. So to occupy his time from watching the relatively boring lives of the mites he approached Sveln and complimented him on his ideas.

"Hide and seek? What a wonderful game to teach the little mites! The thrill of being hunted and hunting; all in a safe environment of course. Such fun and games should surely bring some passion and entertainment into their lives!" Chullous said, his spines bristling with yellow happiness, waving on his back to his feet and looking rather pleased with the current turn of events. However, he saw that Sveln and Azhaluq had just had a nasty discussion, and so his quills stopped bristling with happiness and instead turned a inquisitive purple, this new intrigue tickling his senses.

Chullous decides to put his hat in the ring fully by voting on the Pantheon.

He votes 1 vote to repeal the law of 'no god shall grant intelligence to mortalkind'
07-30-2013, 01:28 PM
Unuquentum peeked out from its hole in the moon. The place felt different. There was... air. It hadn't felt air since the moon was pulled from its system. It dragged itself out of the crust again, attempting to remain unobserved again. It was somewhat saddened by the fact that the creatures... these 'Ur-Mites' did not feel the way it wanted them to, but at the same time, it was satisfied that they were happy.

Moving back it its planet, Unuquentum began rebuilding its home. From the deep chasm that it had stayed in, water erupted, flooding the entire planet in a shallow water, with peaks and mountains sticking out and seas forming over deep meteor impact points. And from the water grew four islands of crystal; colored red, blue, purple, and green

Unuquentum floods the moon, submerging most of the surface. -2 acts
Four islands of crystal are grown from the surface of the moon and into the water. -2 (3-1 discount) acts

"Kckckckckc... llllllllkckckc." Unuqentum clicked and buzzed in satisfaction, the planet was pleasant. It observed its island continents one more time, finding a curious place seemingly nestled in between realities. It approached carefully, slipping inside the Pantheon and finding the demigod, Ababbos. Unuquentum growled defensively.
07-30-2013, 11:59 PM
Having reflected further on the matter, Sveln uses his two remaining votes to DOWNVOTE the Expansionist law "The first action a god should take each turn must be to create or expand a Celesital Object" (-2 Votes)

Sveln responds to Chullous: "Oh yes, the games of Hide and Seek will certainly be exciting! I can just imagine the mites running around the jungle with their little hearts pounding!"

Sveln was disappointed that his ultimate goal of creating a sub-species of Ur-Mites to worship him and do his bidding would not work as easily now that there wasn't any greed to motivate them. The Hide and Seek plan still seemed to be working, and the other gods seemed to like it, but it wasn't quite as much as Sveln had planned.

"Split", Sveln said as he spoke to his demigod, "Unfortunately the Ur-Mites are no longer able to be motivated by greed. As such I say you shouldn't even bother tempting them.

Instead, I want you to introduce me to them. Tell them of Sveln, the deceptive but
benevolent god. Tell them I wish nothing but the best for them and it pleases me for them to play hide and seek. Tell them that if they pray to me, it shall bring them luck in their games. You may at this time show them your shapeshifting abilities so that they will have some proof that I exist. I'm sure they won't reject you for being different, they aren't bigots after all.

Do this for me, and I promise that within the next few ticks of the divine clock I shall give you a proper species to lead."

Sveln tells Split to get the Ur-Mites to worship Sveln as sort of a patron deity of Hide and Seek instead of tempting them with power.
07-31-2013, 01:23 PM
Observing the other gods and what they were doing with the Ur-Mites, Laterite decided that he wouldn't do anything for now. I more things changed all of a sudden, who knows how those Ur-Mites would take it. He does have full support for the hide and seek plan, that seems like a good idea! Hide and seek as a national sport? Fantastic!
07-31-2013, 02:56 PM (This post was last modified: 08-01-2013 01:39 PM by DenizenShipper.)
Tazmit has also thought carefully about where to place his votes.

1 vote in favour of a repeal

and more surprisingly

2 votes against the Expansionist Law.

He has decided that he doesn't want to use the pantheon to get that sort of stuff done, and would rather complete it himself.

With that in mind, he puts a tiny, and thus unstable star in orbit around Aurel. It gives only a pale light, but the gouts of solar wind it also emits interact with the dense atmosphere below, setting it glowing with brilliant aurorae.

1 act for a tiny star orbiting Aurel.

He still thinks the pantheon has potential, though, and motions to

Edit the law limiting laws considered per voting session. Specifically, he wishes to increase the limit from 2 to 3, and to include both repeals and edits clearly in this limit, which was ambiguous before.
08-01-2013, 06:30 AM
Sveln looks at Svetis. Since creating the star, the god of Honesty and Fire had done nothing. Such inaction was...annoying.

Sveln motions that a god must perform some action (even if it's just flavor text) to receive the acts from the Pantheon.
08-01-2013, 01:12 PM
"I guess I am a part of the Pantheon then? There are some laws...

I'll vote against repealing the old law. I have no opinion on the new one.

I should make something. Or do something. The star, I'll call it Serpens.

I think Aurel needs something. It's too cold. I'll give it a molten core to heat it. And something to live there too. Fyrfungus. Get energy from the volcanic flows in the caves. And Myrals. To eat the fungus."

Svetis names the star Serpens. He gives Aurel a molten core (1 Act). He creates a chemosynthetic organism on Aurel, the Fyrfungus(1 Act). He creates an herbivore-type creature to eat it, with heat resistance, the Myrals (2 Acts)

Total: 4 Acts

08-02-2013, 03:14 AM
Turn 2: Still the beginning, but slightly less so!

As the old star receives the name Serpens, the unnamed planet around it receives the moniker of Serpens II which is what it will be referred to unless given another name. As usual the details of the universe can be seen in the report below, where you can read about the Ur-Mites hide and seek games and the life of Planet Aurel. Also check up on the OOC thread if you have any questions or think that there has been a mistake in the update.

The following proposals have been resolved.
- Repeal "No god may grant the gift of intelligence to mortalkind" passes with 4 upvotes and 0 downvotes
- Expansionist law "The first action a god should take each turn must be to create or expand a Celestial Object" fails with 0 upvotes and 4 downvotes

The Pantheon will now vote on the following laws
- Amendment: "Up to three laws may be considered at a time in a voting session as opposed to two"
- Anti-hibernation law: "A god must perform some action, however small it may be, every turn"

The Pantheon

Dossier: The Ur-Mites
The Ur-Mites are a young species that are expected to increase drastically in population in the near future. While they have been taught a few things about agriculture, there are few instances of Ur-Mites actually farming anything due to an abundance of food and their lack of enough physical prowess to plant anything other than spinegrass and the spinegrass tends to grow pretty well on its own. The Ur-Mites have been known to play hide and seek, which is a bit lacking in organization. As there tends to be a pretty large population in the places Ur-Mites can be found it can also be hard to tell who is or isn't playing, and sometimes they find people playing with a different group. By the end of the era they figured out how to incorporate Passion Petals for identification but its still not a perfect system.

Though religion is uncommon among the Ur-Mites, it is not unheard of them to consider Sveln as the patron deity of hide and seek. Seems that Split has been doing as it was told.

1 Social Equality: The Ur-Mites as of now have not been introduced to concepts such as racism, specialization etc.
0 Greed: Azhaluq has seen to it that Greed could not be fostered. At least in this turn.
1 Happiness: The Ur-Mites have been generally content with the addition of Hide and Seek.
1 Honesty: The Ur-Mites do discuss matters such as the locations of food occasionally.
0 Passion: The passion petals have not been known to cause any psychological issues among the Ur-Mites.
0 Deception: While some Ur-Mites are aware of the concept of deception, reasons to actually utilize it are rare. Splits current priorities are of a more religious nature.
0 Heroism: The scariest thing on the Ur-Mites planet is fruit under the influence of gravity.
Mortal Encyclopedia
Spinegrass: A small plant shaped like a spine. It is too soft to cause any harm.
Ur-Mites: The Ur-Mites are small arthropods with black and red colored shells and clicking mandibles. They feed on spinegrass seeds and are surprisingly intelligent.
Tall Tall Trees: A jungle tree that can grow to be very tall. It grows edible fruit.
Basically Bamboo: A plant that grows very quickly which is otherwise unremarkable.
Large Vines: A very flexible plant. It grows on other kinds of plants.
Apple Tree: A small tree that grows edible fruit.
Passion Petal: Multicolored flowers. Aside from being pretty they are unremarkable.
Fyrfungus: A fungus that obtains nutrients from carbon. It can only be found growing underground and is mostly unremarkable.
Myrals: A bland herbivorous creature with an undefined physical appearance (needs to be defined soon). This creature is resilient to heat.
Celestial Map
-Serpens, Size 6. Has no remarkable features.
--Unuquentum's Moon, size 1. Close orbit distance. Has an oxygen rich atmosphere. The planet is oceanic with nothing more than four large islands made of crystal above the water level.
--Serpens II, Size 1. Medium orbit distance
This planet has a simple atmosphere and massive bodies of water. There are various colorful crystals in a cross pattern which appear to separate the planet into 4 slices. The larger plant species tend to be found in forests and jungles and are seldom seen as individuals.
Spinegrass (Moderate),
Ur-Mites (Medium population),
Tall Tall Trees (sparse)
Basically Bamboo (sparse)
Large Vines (sparse)
Apple Tree (sparse)
Passion Petal (rare)
-Planet Aurel, size 3.
Has an abundance of caves, a molten core and a dense atmosphere.
Fyrfungus (sparse)
Myrals (low population)
--Unnamed Star, Size 1. Medium orbit distance. A small star that gives of a pale multicolored light.
Demigods
Split: A demigod capable of flawless imitation, and as such is a natural infiltrator. Split is currently loyal to Sveln. Splits value is 5 acts.
The Gods
Azhaluq (Social Equality, Knowledge): 3 acts
Unuquentum (Greed, Crystal): 4 acts
Laterite (Happiness, Water): 6 acts
Svetis (Honesty, Fire): 4 acts
Chullous (Passion, Emotion): 4 acts
Sveln (Deception, Liquid): 4 acts
Tazmit (Heroism, Air): 4 acts
08-02-2013, 05:10 AM
RE: Godhood S2: IC thread. Turn 2 start!
Sveln UPVOTES the anti-hibernation law. -1 Vote.

The Ur-Mites were...disappointing. Sveln now understood Split's frustration.

He spoke to his demigod: "I'm starting to dislike these tiny insects. On the next tick of the clock I shall have to make things more interesting.

In the mean time, I want you to continue what you're doing, but more so. Create an organization known as 'The Hidden League' to organize the rules of Hide and Seek and create officially sanctioned games. I suspect the mites will appreciate such a thing.

From your position as head of the League, tell those who wish to play hide and seek that the best players are always practicing. Tell them that they should continually be hiding and deceiving others so that they may become better at hide and seek.

You must also continue to preach about me. Tell those who believe in me that they must cultivate the Passion Petal flower. They must be instructed to create a garden of the flowers, but that it is my will that non-believers be kept out of the garden. It is very important that they do not share the flowers; if others want them then they can harvest them from the wild."

Sveln tells Split to create "The Hidden League" to organize Hide and Seek.

Sveln tells Split to teach the Ur-Mites that the best hide and seek players are constantly being deceptive, even outside the game.

Sveln tells Split to continue preaching about the god of deception. Split is ordered to tell the loyal Ur-Mites to cultivate the Passion Petal flowers in a secret garden that only those who believe in Sveln are allowed to enter.
08-02-2013, 09:58 AM (This post was last modified: 08-02-2013 09:59 AM by Pagan.)
Azhaluq spun around Sveln, their body forming a sphere around him as they spoke.

"You... Everything... For... Greed" "Undo... Good... What...."

"Disgusting..." "Truly..."

Azhaluq then spun around the Ur-Mite's again, scales shuddering dust below them. It diffused in the air, and the Ur-Mites changed.
They became capable of lifting with their minds. The more they tried, the better, and stronger they got. Still, they can only left to the size of a small stone, maybe a small apple.

Then, the snake of the heads of Azhaluq, into the mortal minds below. They were given a sceptical nature, to not trust anyone, for they might be lying. They don't become any more likely to lie, but they still become suspicious of everything. They see it, they hear it, they smell it, they feel it, they think it. All that is, they question.

2 Acts to give the Ur-Mites very weak Telekinesis
1 Act to give the Ur-Mites a sceptical questioning suspicion of everything that is, wondering what it truly is and not deciding until they figure it out themselves.

08-02-2013, 06:37 PM
Chullous watches the drama unfold between the god of lies and god of equality, fighting over the tiny race of mites that thrived on his planetoid. He decided enough was enough- the Mites had no challenges but among themselves, and the gods that bickered over them were no better.

He decided that the Ur-Mites needed a little more excitement.

He reached down into the dirt of the still unnamed planetoid; which was now called 'Serpens II'. He grabbed some soil as he took several pieces of grass and tied them together, forming four little wings and a little cone shaped body of rock, tied from the flexible spinegrass spinning around it. Then, he infused his godly essence and breathed it life.

The tiny being that was created was the first ever Hover Killer. Mostly transparent, the little creatures spin around with 4 little spiraling wings, hovering in the air and gently floating place to place. They know how to release air out of their little bodies however, folding their wings inward to come down and 'spear' anything under their sharp beak at the bottom of their cone shaped body. Then they spin back up, drinking whatever they caught, sucking it dry until the carcass falls from the sky. It, of course, hunted Ur-Mites.

The creature was much larger then an Ur-Mite, though to everyone else it was more like a gnat.

Chullous knew the little creature would kill far too many Ur-Mites and then he would be faced with the same problem as the Ur-Mites did- starvation due to overpopulation. So he created a solution. The Hover Killers had few offspring per mating, and in their juvenile form they are tiny worm-like creatures that eat spinegrass until they have the strength to grow their wings and body. Hover Killers would gladly kill the juvenile offspring when they are visible and vulnerable.

Chullous spread these creatures around his world, and finally spoke to all the gods.

"The planetoid I have created now has a name- it is the World of Many Colors. Much passion and emotion shall flow from this place of life!"

And with that, he sat back and rested. He was a little upset that he had spent most of his acts again, but he would rest and wait until he could truly splash his paint onto this universe's open canvas.

Chullous renames Serpens II to 'The World of Many Colors'
Chullous spends 2 acts to create the Hover Killers; with the extra act going to their odd life cycle and abilities in hunting.
08-03-2013, 01:47 AM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2013 01:50 AM by yappy111.)
Laterite wonders why they have to argue regarding the Ur-Mites, and can only hope whatever happens in the future won't effect them too badly.

The massive bodies of water on Serpens II The World of Many Colors (Laterite supports that name!) seem rather empty though . . .

"I hope ya'll don't mind if I do something with the oceans here!"

He spends 2 acts on populating the bodies of water with a lot of an underwater plant species that looks like coral but grows a lot faster and it shall be called Quoral. He then proceeds to spend 4 acts on making a new species of intelligent life! They are called the Serans, they live underwater, feed off of Quoral and are able to communicate with one another through echolocation. They are filled with wanderlust, and the need to explore. They cannot stay in one place for too long, not out of necessity but out of instinct. They have a rather long life span, and their numbers are limited by their slow breeding cycle. They look like geckos, with their tail being flat and wide, and front limbs designed to grasp onto/on to things, also webbed. They have strong teeth to grind and process the coral, of which they then digest.
08-03-2013, 01:44 PM
Deeming Ababbos not a threat, Unuquentum grunts and scuttles off to observe the tiny creatures again. It's surprised to find that there is two more sets of creatures on the planet. Another... leggy thing and a swimming thing. Sinking down to observe the Serans, it notices that while they seem to love exploring, they don't travel into the depths of the deep bodies of water. Taking this as them being afraid of the murky blackness of the deep, Unuquentum descends into the waters of the World of Many Colors and adds a few more. Deep down on the floor of the oceans and trenches, Unuquentum spreads another type of crystal. These were primarily pink, red, and orange, flashing their colors and lighting up the depths. They grew to a certain size of about 2 meters tall , no bigger, and only glowed in the dark. Unuquentum hoped that this would help them venture to their content.

Unuquentum spreads a moderate amount of luminescent crystals at the bottom of the oceans on the World of Many Colors. -2 acts
08-03-2013, 02:28 PM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2013 02:36 PM by DenizenShipper.)
Tazmit is aware that the trials of the Ur-mites are beginning, and the time to act has come.

Before I do this, Sveln, let me just say that I do not disapprove of your actions. In their own distasteful way they are at just as important as mine. But it is only fair to give them an opposing voice.

Of course, mortals aren't going to listen to a literal voice. You have to be more creative.

1 Act: Tazmit creates a predator, smaller than the hover-killers, but somewhat larger than the Ur-Mites, hunting them and the hover-killers offspring. Called Holers, they are burrowing creatures, with a weak, wormish body, 4 segmented, pointed forelegs (for puncturing), an endless maw (for digging), 4 stunted rear legs (to keep their body from dragging) and 4 pathetic eyes equally placed around the mouth. Because of their weak senses they do not wait in ambush underground, instead emerging from below when hungry to stalk prey, with their silent gait and cunning mind. Even though they lack true intelligence, they are defined by their cleverness and their extraordinary cautiousness. Holers observe their prey for long intervals before striking, only acting when they are absolutely sure that it is completely alone (this makes them very hard to hunt if in a group).

Now they must choose between the glory that comes from acting alone or the safety that comes from working together. It's hard to say if either is heroic, really.

Once again, I'm sorry. I'll probably not need to interfere again. If this needs discussion I'll be gardening on Aurel.

1 Act: Tazmit adds another creation to the magma oases of Aurel. These are called Scules. Biologically similar to a large anemone, but covered in spikes like a cactus, these sedentary animals use their (harmless) tendrils to filter ash, sulfer and water from the reeking air emitted by the firey pits, growing plump over their long lifespans. Scules are delicious, though the thrashing makes them somewhat difficult to harvest, and tools are generally required to pierce their formidable rind.

2 Votes for his Amendment
1 Vote against the Anti-Hibernation Law
08-03-2013, 03:33 PM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2013 03:34 PM by yappy111.)
"Oh yeah, I forgot about the laws."

Laterite upvotes the Amendment by 2.
08-03-2013, 10:06 PM
A low hiss echoed from Azhaluq. Much would be done in the future, to keep the Ur-Mites above the predators of the world. But patience is a grand thing, one that they understood. So they waited, low and quiet.

08-03-2013, 11:55 PM
Sveln shapes the top of his head into a hat and then tips said hat towards Tazmit with a smile.

"I'm glad someone understands. I'll remember that. In fact, I have an idea as to how to help us both in the future, but I won't reveal anything quite yet...

Though that being said, I don't understand why your Holers would be a problem for me?"
08-04-2013, 12:23 PM
If they want to avoid the Holers, they'll have to cooperate. And I'm not the expert here, but cooperation seems like the opposite of deceit. Or I guess that would be honesty. And the opposite of cooperation is probably sabotage?

But the point is they're still mutually exclusive.