Poll: Which do you prefer?
An Introduction Forum
An Introduction Thread
[Show Results]

Introduction Junction, what's your function?
04-05-2013, 09:32 AM (This post was last modified: 04-10-2013 09:50 AM by Deceptive.)
Introduction Junction, what's your function?
I see no need for there to be a whole forum for introductions. It seems silly that every new person would make a thread for themselves that will barely be posted in or read. Having one introductory thread made a lot more sense.
04-05-2013, 09:34 AM
RE: Introduction Forums
(04-05-2013 09:32 AM)Deceptive Wrote:  I see no need for there to be a whole forum for introductions. It seems silly that every new person would make a thread for themselves that will barely be posted in or read. Having one introductory thread made a lot more sense.

This is largely intended as a temporary, migratory feature.
04-05-2013, 09:39 AM
Even temporarily I see just having a thread as way more viable. It's not like we're going to get so many people one thread can't handle them. It's way less likely that someone will read 20 different threads then 20 different posts in one thread. There is also usually no need to ever respond to an introduction post so that means these thread will be dead by default. And less people will introduce themselves if they have to make their own thread.
04-10-2013, 09:36 AM
Deceptive, I don't understand how you could have possibly neglected to name this place the "Introduction Junction, what's your function?" thread. I mean come on.

Anyway yeah, I vote for keeping it as a single thread as well.

Tumblr/Steam
04-10-2013, 09:45 AM (This post was last modified: 04-10-2013 09:49 AM by Deceptive.)
Ahh, I didn't think of it. I don't think there is a way to edit thread titles. There should be.

Edit: Oh wait there is. Sweet.
04-12-2013, 07:46 PM
RE: Introduction Junction, what's your function?
Clearly you don't understand the subtle, complex art of the introduction. A proper introduction can take weeks if not months, done in a series of posts mocked up as a post-apocalyptic journal, wherein the writer is attempting to leave something for humanity to find when it rises from the ruins of the world, as he hopes it shall, though whether that will happen or not will ultimately be up to the reader. Within the chapters of this epic readers will really get the sense of 'who you are' and what you believe in, and by the time it is over, your introduction will be so effective that not only does the forum KNOW you now, they almost ARE you.
04-14-2013, 10:58 AM (This post was last modified: 04-14-2013 11:02 AM by ICan'tGiveCredit.)
(04-12-2013 07:46 PM)Kocel Wrote:  Clearly you don't understand the subtle, complex art of the introduction. A proper introduction can take weeks if not months, done in a series of posts mocked up as a post-apocalyptic journal, wherein the writer is attempting to leave something for humanity to find when it rises from the ruins of the world, as he hopes it shall, though whether that will happen or not will ultimately be up to the reader. Within the chapters of this epic readers will really get the sense of 'who you are' and what you believe in, and by the time it is over, your introduction will be so effective that not only does the forum KNOW you now, they almost ARE you.

woAH MAN SO HIGH

This inspired me to re-introduce myself (later). (mine was deleted in the Universe subforum along with everyone else's :/)
04-14-2013, 11:04 AM
It still exists. The thread just got moved to the Introduction Junction and locked.
04-14-2013, 04:32 PM (This post was last modified: 04-14-2013 04:35 PM by gloomyMoron.)
An introduction thread will be best, perhaps once things get settled, but I never introduce myself anyway. I just sort of ramrod my way into things until it was as if I was always there.

Edit: "We have always been at war with Eastasia."