Complete Ghetto Gardening Mafia (4/17) [GAME OVER] Town Win
08-29-2013, 12:30 PM (This post was last modified: 03-24-2015 10:14 AM by amosmyn.)
Ghetto Gardening Mafia (4/17) [GAME OVER] Town Win
Kenston had always been a rough, rickety old town. It showed through its dilapidated, abandoned buildings, its poor streetcare, unsuccessful schools, and most of all, its many sad, unsatisfied inhabitants. It was a beacon of undesirability. Actually, it was like the opposite of a beacon, because beacons give out light and light usually symbolizes goodness, or clarity. And the awfulness of this town represents neither thing. It was like a... hive of undesirability? Yeah.

It was in November of 2011 that a new mayor had been elected and began to really drive the community downhill. While the previous mayors at least made futile efforts to remedy the town's aesthetic pneumonia, this mayor wouldn't even lift a finger to help the town, instead living off the perks and riches of mayorhood. For a while the people didn't even notice that the mayor had become so corrupt. Then people started to get wise.

The smarter folks left the town early before news started to spread. Some stayed behind for sentimental value, as they had grown up their whole lives in the old quasihole, a few had multiple generations of history in Kenston. Others simply couldn't afford to move out, as their houses wouldn't sell.

After almost two years had passed, it seemed like there was no hope for old Kenston. Then a notice appeared regarding a new campaign, posted all around town:

Win $500,000!

Looking for a new way to make fast cash? We have the perfect solution!
It's simple! - Just make your lawns look nice and clean and pretty, and by the end of out mystery judging period, whoever has the most beautiful yard in town wins the prize money!

-Committee for the Restoration of Kenston

Recently a wealthy philanthropist had visited Kenston. The quirky woman kept her vast riches a secret to everyone, and moseyed around the area, trying to figure out why the neighborhoods had become so unappealing. She talked to the people around town and came to the conclusion that the people were mostly very genuine, and just unhappy about their living conditions and the stagnation of any civil development. So this philanthropist came up with the perfect solution to the city's unattractiveness: A gardening contest.

Welcome to Ghetto Gardening Mafia!
This is a straight-up mafia game, and is the first to be run by me! General rules apply (stolen from TehPilot with addenda throughout by ME):
General Rules and Setup Guarantees

1. Massclaims (Large numbers of players revealing their roles at once) is highly unadvised. Such claims will likely not help, and it tends to suck all the fun out of the game. Really bad instances of this will result in horrific punishments which can instill fear into even the most stalwart of hearts. Don't massclaim okay.
  2. Flavorclaiming will not save you and is also discouraged because meta.
  3. Days will be 120 hours long (5 days) (with the exception of the first day, which will be 6 days) and nights will be 48 hours long (2 days). Extensions may be granted in specific scenarios. Even if the day has not been announced over, DO NOT POST PAST DEADLINE. The state at deadline is the state at which the day ends.
  4. When casting lynch votes, please bold or color your votes. Hell, do both.
  5. All player-to-moderator communication should be done through provided Quicktopics, which are controlled discussions.
  6. Don't copy/paste from Quicktopics, this threatens game stability and may be treated as cheating action. Which is punishable in bad ways.
  7. And don't share quicktopics with others.
  8. And keep game-sensitive details inside the game, please.
  9. While you're at it, refrain from editing or deleting posts.
  10. Death will grant you one spoilered "bluh" post, which may not contain game-relevant information.
  11. Do not talk at night.
  12. Day Activation / "Karkat" Rule 1: In the event a day activation is claimed (someone using a role power in the day), assume day has ended and it is nighttime. Game will resume once I have intervened and resolved the action.
  13. Day Activation / "Karkat" Rule 2: Faking day activations is strictly forbidden and punishable by moderator kill.
  14. Refrain from ciphering or concealing posts. Also avoid whiting out text, that's really annoying.
  15. Maintain a reasonable level of activity (minimum of one post per day). Replacement will be used for players who fail to post for a 72-hour timespan, with a prod 48 hours into that.
  16. Flavor WILL NOT SAVE YOU. The mafia has access to the town wincon.
  17. Please, this is a game. Take it easy, play to have fun, but play to win! We all want to have fun. Remember that.

Guarantees: This setup involves no cults, jesters, obliterators, quicktopic spying, mod bastardry, alignment-changing, or game-ending third party win conditions.

The game has room for 17 players total so as to minimize the radius of destruction if it turns out to be a disaster. Also because that's how many roles I have! Sign up in thread or PM me to sign up.

Players (17/17)
1. TehPilot speedchuck - Edith Foster, Mafia Tracker LYNCHED DAY 7
2. beruru - Joey Vanguard, Vanilla Town LYNCHED DAY 3
3. anacreon - Donna Leavens, Town Bodyguard KILLED NIGHT 2
4. speedchuck - Reggie Kutz, Town Odd-Night Vigilante LYNCHED DAY 1
5. icanhasdonut
6. Tea - Al Brently, Mafia Godfather LYNCHED DAY 5
7. avidGamer
8. theLifebird MARGATROID
9. Acionyx - Norbert Jawlie, Vanilla Town KILLED NIGHT 1
10. Credit - Rosemary Gilkins, Mafia BP LYNCHED DAY 4
11. paradoxGamer - Bev Hinderschott, Town Tracker KILLED NIGHT 6
12. TexCat
13. OzTheWizard
14. Ixtachullueitshfbvisd - Justine Graves, Vanilla Mafia LYNCHED DAY 6
15. Eidolonique Palamedes - Dolores, Town Gifter KILLED NIGHT 5
16. Coldblooded
17. amosmyn - Filip, Town Watchdog KILLED NIGHT 3

Replacements

The setup has been looked over by GenetiXientist and deeply looked over and revised and thought through by Mister Visceral so HERE WE GO.
EDIT: Oh look now Dini has looked over and approved this setup as well! Happy day!

I'm looking to start this game within the next two weeks. Role PMs should be able to go out shortly after enough players are signed up.

"We love eloquence for its own sake, and not for any truth which it may utter, or any heroism it may inspire."
-Henry David Thoreau
08-29-2013, 12:34 PM
RE: Ghetto Gardening Mafia (0/17)
[Image: ijle0oQ.gif]
08-29-2013, 12:36 PM (This post was last modified: 08-29-2013 12:40 PM by TehPilot.)
/in

OP Wrote:General rules apply (stolen from TehPlot [...] )

Ah yes I have found the name of my lawn

and now, hunger does what sorrow could never do
website | @tehpilot
08-29-2013, 02:23 PM
RE: Ghetto Gardening Mafia (1/17)
the plot of this game is basically the gardening version of umineko

especially when people start shivving each other

of course i have to join this

"Have some wine," the March Hare said in an encouraging tone.
Alice looked all round the table, but there was nothing on it but tea.
"I don't see any wine," she remarked.

(06-25-2013 09:31 AM)Chirality Wrote:  And then everyone cut the simplest explanations in tiny pieces then set them on fire then threw them in a lake and poisoned the lake.
08-29-2013, 02:41 PM
in
because why not.

[Image: sonicsig2.jpg]
Steam
08-29-2013, 02:54 PM
So IN!
08-29-2013, 09:11 PM
IIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNN

dC Wrote:donut is A FILTHY TRAITOR unreliable
08-30-2013, 02:46 AM
RE: Ghetto Gardening Mafia (5/17)
This setup will almost certainly not blow up horribly. There's the "guarantee" post that everyone who reviews a setup is apparently supposed to make.
08-30-2013, 11:51 AM
(08-29-2013 12:36 PM)TehPilot Wrote:  
OP Wrote:General rules apply (stolen from TehPlot [...] )

Ah yes I have found the name of my lawn

I had to read over that like five times and then a day later I realized that I made a typo.

Also LOL.

"We love eloquence for its own sake, and not for any truth which it may utter, or any heroism it may inspire."
-Henry David Thoreau
08-30-2013, 11:59 AM
RE: Ghetto Gardening Mafia (5/17)
!in
08-31-2013, 09:59 AM
RE: Ghetto Gardening Mafia (6/17) COME WIN 500K FLAVORDOLLARS
My major in Landscaping shall not have been in vain.
09-01-2013, 05:54 AM
RE: Ghetto Gardening Mafia (7/17) COME WIN 500K FLAVORDOLLARS
sure why not?
IN
09-01-2013, 09:18 AM
RE: Ghetto Gardening Mafia (8/17) COME WIN 500K FLAVORDOLLARS
Assuming my advice has been heeded I gladly give this game the MIRDINI STAMP OF SETUP APPROVAL. Have fun murdering each other!
09-03-2013, 10:43 AM
RE: Ghetto Gardening Mafia (8/17) COME WIN 500K FLAVORDOLLARS
(09-01-2013 09:18 AM)Mirdini Wrote:  Assuming my advice has been heeded I gladly give this game the MIRDINI STAMP OF SETUP APPROVAL. Have fun murdering each other!

It has. Murdering fun may be had.

Remember to tell people this exists, everyone~!

-Henry David Thoreau
09-05-2013, 06:12 AM
RE: Ghetto Gardening Mafia (8/17) Now With 100% Genuine Stamp of Approval!
Up for it
09-05-2013, 06:21 AM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2013 09:24 AM by amosmyn.)
RE: Ghetto Gardening Mafia (8/17) Now With 100% Genuine Stamp of Approval!
<redacted>
09-15-2013, 02:21 AM (This post was last modified: 10-22-2013 06:53 AM by ICan'tGiveCredit.)
RE: Ghetto Gardening Mafia (9/17) Now With 100% Genuine Stamp of Approval!
[CENSORED] [CENSORED SCREAMING] [SOUNDS OF BLOOD SPLATTERING]

"and that is why I'm in"
09-15-2013, 09:09 AM
RE: Ghetto Gardening Mafia (10/17) Now With 100% Genuine Stamp of Approval!
In...
09-18-2013, 08:18 AM
RE: Ghetto Gardening Mafia (11/17) Now With 100% Genuine Stamp of Approval!
I'd like to play, please.
09-18-2013, 09:52 AM
RE: Ghetto Gardening Mafia (11/17) Now With 100% Genuine Stamp of Approval!
Me too.
09-19-2013, 01:47 AM
RE: Ghetto Gardening Mafia (13/17) ONLY 4 SPOTS OPEN; THEY'RE GOING QUICK!
I"ll join
09-19-2013, 05:01 PM
RE: Ghetto Gardening Mafia (14/17) ONLY 3 SPOTS OPEN; THEY'RE GOING QUICK!
I can play, provided it's understood that my activity levels won't be what they used to be, etc.
09-19-2013, 06:41 PM
RE: Ghetto Gardening Mafia (14/17) ONLY 3 SPOTS OPEN; THEY'RE GOING QUICK!
ppl will still bitch at u eido but its ok i will defend u
when i have time :y

(06-25-2013 09:31 AM)Chirality Wrote:  And then everyone cut the simplest explanations in tiny pieces then set them on fire then threw them in a lake and poisoned the lake.
09-21-2013, 02:08 AM
RE: Ghetto Gardening Mafia (15/17) ONLY 2 SPOTS OPEN; THEY'RE GOING QUICK!
Yeah alright fine, sign me up.

Tumblr/Steam
09-21-2013, 01:57 PM
RE: Ghetto Gardening Mafia (16/17) ONLY 1 SPOT OPEN; GET IN HERE! (Replacements wee)
Snag. :y
09-21-2013, 02:02 PM
Ghetto Gardening Mafia (16/17) ONLY 1 SPOT OPEN; GET IN HERE! (Replacements welcome)
Is that an "in"?

-Henry David Thoreau
09-21-2013, 02:48 PM (This post was last modified: 09-21-2013 02:48 PM by ICan'tGiveCredit.)
RE: Ghetto Gardening Mafia (16/17) ONLY 1 SPOT OPEN!! (Replacements welcome)
Soon my garden reign rain shall begin
09-21-2013, 03:08 PM
yes its an in
09-21-2013, 03:11 PM
Kk role PMs and QTs going out within the next 6 hours. Confirm within QT. Once 13 of 17 have confirmed, we will begin.

-Henry David Thoreau
09-21-2013, 06:18 PM
Role PMs have all been sent out. If you did not receive one, 1) you're lying, and 2) shoot me a message. Replacements are still plenty welcome. We will begin when 13/17 confirm in their quicktopics. I suppose you can fiddle around in this topic until daystart? Yeah. Choose your garden or something. Decorate it. I'm no botanist, you guys are the creative minds.

I need to go to bed so bad lololol.

-Henry David Thoreau
09-21-2013, 11:44 PM
RE: Ghetto Gardening Mafia (17/17) The Confirmening (Replacements welcome)
"Petunias would just be perfect for mine.

But the soil acidity is high enough to get you stoned.

It'll be okay though once I get you all to EAT DIRT" Credit says, as he pours gasoline around the his newly-planted flowers.

"Now where the hell are the matches..."
09-21-2013, 11:52 PM
"My garden is full of Roses!-OW-They seem-ow-pretty easy to-OW-grow, so-OWW- I think i'll win! OW!"
I am here.

09-22-2013, 01:25 AM
I am presently sitting on my front porch with a shotgun.

Touch my lavender plants. I dare you.

website | @tehpilot
09-22-2013, 02:06 AM
Hedges of hemlock and oleander around beds of poppies, bloodroot, delphinium, and belladonna.

Perfect. The only improvement would be a deep moat.
09-22-2013, 02:07 AM
Bark bark.
09-22-2013, 02:10 AM
"Oh god they're planting DOGS now, the savages! It would be an interesting addition to my Flowery Fortress."

Credit lays doggy treats laced with ecstasy in a trail leading to his garden.
09-22-2013, 02:17 AM
Bark Bark Bark.
09-22-2013, 02:25 AM
I am going to plant 10 000 Tulips, and 10 000 Aconite, and I am going to plant them as follows: tulip tulip aconite tulip aconite aconite tulip tulip aconite aconite tulip aconite.
09-22-2013, 03:15 AM
I'll just leave this here...
[Image: piranha-plant-1.jpg]
09-22-2013, 03:26 AM
Whimper
09-22-2013, 03:33 AM
Hydrangeas, a couple hostas, and maybe a few hens and chicks in pots around the patio. I think that'll cover the bear traps and autoturrets nicely.

Oh, and Oz?
[Image: Audrey2.jpg]
You might want to get yourself one of these to keep those hooligans away.
09-22-2013, 04:16 AM
Purple is a lovely colour, but I don't think I can get enough sunshine (or sudden solar eclipses.)
09-22-2013, 02:06 PM (This post was last modified: 09-30-2013 02:39 PM by Mister Visceral.)
DAY 1

The sun shone brightly in the sky. The town came together in "The Square" for the opening rally. The spokesperson for the chair committee of the wellbeing of Kentson stood in front of the crowd at a podium with a microphone. The crowd was hushed as he began to speak.

"Citizens, it is my pleasure to start off the festivities of this competition," he began. "Each morning and evening we will meet here at the Square to discuss the progress of the event. It would behoove you to show up to these commencements." He looked around at the crowd of people. Almost everyone who had signed up was present at the rally. He continued, "If any of you has a friend or colleague that you know isn't present, please inform him of these proceedings."

"Speaking of which," he added, "we, the Committee, expect a friendly competition. No chicanery or sabotage or anything else that might be deemed uncalled for. We are all working together here to make Kenston a nicer place to live." He shuffled through his notes again. He began to develop a puzzled look as he looked at one of the announcements.

"Erm... There has already been a disqualification. It seems that Mister Voluntas has already been eliminated from the competition." He looked around and spotted an elderly man wearing wizard robes, storming off and muttering about Lana Del Rey or something.

The spokesperson scoffed amusedly. Then continued, "We know that not everyone here has the best intentions. And you know who this might be better than we do. So each evening when we meet for announcments, we will have a vote to disqualify someone from the competition for unsportsmanlike conduct.

"Also, to keep things interesting, each morning, the foulest garden will also be disqualified from the competition. This will encourage people to keep their gardens fresh and lively throughout the entirety of the competition and not just wait for the end to come for you to spruce up your yard." He looked around the crowd. They seemed pleasant enough, if not a bit quirky. It was odd to think that there may be malcontents among them. But every city has them.

"And with that, I declare this competition... BEGUN!" Everyone stood there, a couple of them talking to each other.

"Well... alright. Guess I'd better work on my garden. Or like. Go to work." "Yeah, we still got that, don't we?" "Not like it's a corporate holiday." And with that, everyone awkwardly went to go do their thing.

Livelist (17/18)
1. TehPilot
2. beruru
3. anacreon
4. speedchuck
5. icanhasdonut
6. Tea
7. avidGamer
8. theLifebird
9. Acionyx
10. Credit
11. paradoxGamer
12. TexCat
13. OzTheWizard
14. Ixtachullueitshfbvisd
15. Eidolonique
16. Coldblooded
17. amosmyn
18. Walter Voluntas

With 17 Alive, it will take 11 to lynch and 9 to soft lynch.
Day ends at 11:59 PM on Thursday, September 26th.

GO

-Henry David Thoreau
09-22-2013, 02:09 PM
RE: Ghetto Gardening Mafia (17/17) [DAY 1] It's About Thyme!
i see dead people

09-22-2013, 05:02 PM
Bark bark Vote: beruru BARK BARK BARK. sniffsniff.
09-22-2013, 10:04 PM
NONE OF THE OPTIONS MAKE SENSE
LYNCH THE DOG
vote amosmyn

09-22-2013, 10:16 PM
Hello fellow 'Average Citizens'! It is a fine day for gardening, is it not? *Begins raking flowers into a nice, neat pile.*

Lynch Speedchuck

Tumblr/Steam
09-23-2013, 12:43 AM
Vote: paradoxGamer

I find your absurd flower count to be tacky and unsporting.

website | @tehpilot
09-23-2013, 01:32 AM
Roses and petunias? psh. My oriental style orchid garden with koi pond will blow you all away.

Lynch: Amos for weird doggy shenanigans.
09-23-2013, 02:56 AM
vote: Ixta for having a koi pond instead of a moat