Complete VR Tiny Hunt [Game Over - Town Win]
08-31-2013, 06:54 PM (This post was last modified: 03-24-2015 10:14 AM by amosmyn.)
VR Tiny Hunt [Game Over - Town Win]
Hello friends. We've all played Tiny Hunt here before, except for those of us who haven't, and we all agree that it's a very good game. But you have to admit, it does raise some interesting questions. For instance, have you ever wondered what Tiny Hunt would be like if it was A GAME..... that you could play..... ON THE INTERNET?!?!?

Of course you have. Or maybe you just wanted a chance to redeem yourself for the embarrassing failures of last game. That's fine too, I understand.

Well either way, you can rest easy because this game intends to put all of those burning questions to rest AND MORE.

THIS IS.....

[Image: TinyhuntVRIntro_zps27c3ec5c.png]

Rules are the same as last time. We need 13 players to start.

Roles

Town
Town wins when all Witches are dead. There are 10 town players.

Priest: Each night, you must check if a player is in the coven.

Acolyte: At the start of the game, you learn who the Priest is.

Judge: At the end of day, if the Lynch vote is tied or no lynch, you may pick a player to kill (note: this is NOT a lynch and does not count towards vigilante)

Vigilante: The first Night after townies die to lynches on consecutive days, you may kill a player. A Vigilante kill appears the same as a regular Witch NK.

Oracle: Each night, pick a player. If that player was visited by any other party, you learn how many Witches were alive at the start of night. (any kill, priest check, clown throw, angel protect - inc. a deathcurse blocked angel protect).

Martyr: You may kill yourself to prevent another player from dying, unless they were killed by a Soup Kill. A Martyr save is obvious.

Leeroy: You may kill yourself to immediately determine the Lynch target, so long as a majority has not been reached. A Leeroy lynch is obvious. As an added bonus, you will be informed of the role you kill as Leeroy.

Pope: At the end of a night where 4 or fewer players are alive, you learn which living players are in the coven.

D.O.B.: When you die, choose another player to die with you. A DoB Revenge kill is obvious.

Clown: Each night, you may throw a pie at another player. The player hit is informed that the Clown threw a pie at them. If you hit the Pope or Leeroy, they are also told your identity.

Witches
Witches win when all townies are dead or nothing can prevent this from happening. Witches can freely communicate with each other and have a nightly kill. There are 3 witches.

Demon: Each night, you are informed of who the Priest and Oracle visited, but not who visited which player.

Occultist: Each night, you are informed of the Angel's Protection target.

Necromancer: Each night you learn the roles of players killed by the Witch Night Kill.

Mechanics

Timing: Day will be 72-96 hours, while night will be 24 hours. Or whenever the fuck they happen.

-

Lynches: Lynches are Majority and there is no soft lynch. Deadline lynches are a Thing. Ensure that you are clear when lynch voting - Unclear lynch votes will be assumed to be immediate.

-

Deaths: Roles are not revealed upon death.

-

Soup: At night, instead of making the group Night Kill, a witch may instead choose to drink Soup. Doing so allows them to Match a player to an Innocent role one at a time until they are incorrect or choose to stop. Each correctly Matched player dies.

A successful Match will only give the 'so and so died' message. On an incorrect match, the message is 'Xanthippe the Witch attempted to Soupkill Yolanda the [incorrect role], but failed', but if no players have been killed that night with Soup, the identity of the Witch is not revealed - 'A Witch attempted to Soupkill Amelia the [incorrect role], but failed'.

-

Lump, the Faithful Panda: On Day 1, there is a plurality vote for Lump to be a player's friend (witches choose who wins a tie). Lump always Lynch votes the same as his friend, adding an extra vote. If Lump's friend dies, Lump leaves the game.

-

Angels: Dead players become Angels. Each Night, the Angels decide by plurality vote to Protect a player (tie = no protect). A Protected player can't die to regular kills that night (vig/witch nk). "No Protect" is a valid vote.

Angels get the results of Priest checks at the end of each night. Angels are unable to give Protection when there are four or fewer living players at the start of night. Angels may also protect the same player more than once.

-

Death Curse: Once per game during Day, dead Witches may cast a Death Curse, which renders any Protection that Night ineffective. After casting a Death Curse, the Witch may not vote any further in Angel chat (but can still post in it). Living players are not informed of a Death Curse. Angels are not informed of a Death Curse until the end of that night.

-

Witches Last Gasp: If a Witch dies to a standard lynch (not judge or leeroy), their power continues to work for the coven that night.

-

Night Kill Survival: If a player survives being killed at night there is no public announcement made. However, the player is told privately that they survived.

Other Stuff

Rules
  • Only living players may post in the game thread
  • You may not post in the game thread during the night phase
  • You may not edit or delete posts from the game thread or in any QuickTopics you may be posting in
  • You may not privately communicate with anyone except the game moderator unless you're specifically allowed to do so (i.e. the QuickTopics for Witches or Angels). This includes using systems outside the scope of the game to communicate something game related.
  • Be Nice! We're all playing to have fun here
  • If you do not vote for two days running - at least throw down a deadline vote! - you will be modkilled and removed from the game unless you let me know 'Hey chief I won't be able to play for the next so n' so days maybe you can get me a replacement?' Your slot will also have been considered to have lost the game regardless of who wins in the end. Don't let this happen to you!

Priority
Day Action Priority
  • Start of day + announcements
  • Day ends
  • Lynch if majority, allow judge to pick if no majority or no lynch (if alive)
  • (Day 1 only) Lump joins his friend
  • DoB Revenge if lynched
  • Witches Death Curse
  • Vigilante informed if he can kill

Night Action Priority
  • Angel Protect
  • Kills (Vigilante, Witch nk/soup)
  • DoB Revenge if killed
  • Martyr Save
  • Pope player count check
  • Info roles resolve - Priest, Oracle, Clown target, Pope, Angels, Demon, Occultist and Necro get info

Playerlist: (13/13)

1. Beruru
2. icanhasdonut
3. Mister Visceral
4. Acionyx
5. Yewchung
6. Deceptive
7. APW
8. Anacreon
9. MQuinny
10. Speedchuck
11. Amosmyn
12. KaiDASH
13. OzTheWizard

Replacements: (0/???)

1. ???

Observers: (2/???)

1. Coldblooded
2. Paranoia

Event Posts:
Prologue - In which everyone decides to play a fun, relaxing game.
Day One Start - In which some bad news is shared.
Night One Start - In which Visceral incinerates Donut.
Day Two Start - In which APW goes hungry.
Night Two Start - In which Acionyx gets torn apart by forest fairies.
Day Three Start - In which Speedchuck gets impaled by some spikes.
Night Three Start - In which Kaidash and Yewchung take an acid bath.
Day Four Start - In which Anacreon makes a noble sacrifice.
Night Four Start - In which Luffy APW is forced to walk the plank.
Day Five Start - In which MQuinny is destroyed in a human transmutation circle.
Night Five - In which the game comes to an end, along with Amosmyn.
Epilogue - In which the survivors move on with their lives.
Quicktopics and Night Actions

Tumblr/Steam
08-31-2013, 07:35 PM
RE: VR Tiny Hunt
hello friends i am here

"Have some wine," the March Hare said in an encouraging tone.
Alice looked all round the table, but there was nothing on it but tea.
"I don't see any wine," she remarked.

(06-25-2013 09:31 AM)Chirality Wrote:  And then everyone cut the simplest explanations in tiny pieces then set them on fire then threw them in a lake and poisoned the lake.
08-31-2013, 07:40 PM
hello enemies i am here (as a replacement conditional on the game starting after next week, and otherwise as an outside observer)
09-01-2013, 12:25 AM
Hello i am ready to lose win

dC Wrote:donut is A FILTHY TRAITOR unreliable
09-01-2013, 04:17 AM
!in
09-01-2013, 04:25 AM
ME
IN

"We love eloquence for its own sake, and not for any truth which it may utter, or any heroism it may inspire."
-Henry David Thoreau
09-01-2013, 05:33 AM
Im In
09-01-2013, 10:47 PM
I'll play again :)
09-15-2013, 09:08 AM
RE: VR Tiny Hunt (6/13)
I'll join...
09-21-2013, 01:39 AM
RE: VR Tiny Hunt (7/13)
I'll totally regret this later won't I

In
09-29-2013, 11:54 AM
RE: VR Tiny Hunt (8/13)
yeah i guess im in

[Image: tumblr_mh86y3O6W41s18haxo1_500.png]
09-29-2013, 03:40 PM
RE: VR Tiny Hunt (9/13)
I have a lot of essays to write and will not have time to play if I would be needed. Sorry, can't replace.
10-14-2013, 03:01 AM
RE: VR Tiny Hunt (9/13)
In
02-12-2014, 07:56 AM
RE: VR Tiny Hunt (10/13)
Just started a FG? Check.
Too much work already? Check.
Reckless disregard for time? Super check.

Looks like I'm IN.
02-12-2014, 08:41 AM
RE: VR Tiny Hunt (10/13)
I'm still willing to run this whenever we have enough players. After we reach 13 on the signup list, I'll send PMs to everyone to figure out who needs to be replaced.

Tumblr/Steam
02-12-2014, 02:28 PM
RE: VR Tiny Hunt (11/13)
I'm in
02-12-2014, 04:53 PM
RE: VR Tiny Hunt (12/13)
In mothertruckers

[Image: g4osirL.jpg]
02-12-2014, 04:58 PM
RE: VR Tiny Hunt (12/13)
:sorrow:

"We love eloquence for its own sake, and not for any truth which it may utter, or any heroism it may inspire."
-Henry David Thoreau
02-12-2014, 05:17 PM
RE: VR Tiny Hunt (13?/13)
Alright cool, sending out PMs now to check for vital signs.

Feel free to keep signing up though since there's about a 99% chance that at least somebody has dropped off the face of the earth since then.

Tumblr/Steam
02-12-2014, 05:41 PM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2014 05:41 PM by anacreon.)
replacement plz

[Image: sonicsig2.jpg]
Steam
02-12-2014, 10:04 PM
PLUG ME IN

02-13-2014, 02:36 AM
sureeeeeeeeeee

(06-25-2013 09:31 AM)Chirality Wrote:  And then everyone cut the simplest explanations in tiny pieces then set them on fire then threw them in a lake and poisoned the lake.
02-13-2014, 04:26 AM
I'll join if possible.

“One day you wake up and realize the world can be conquered.” - Doctor Impossible
02-13-2014, 07:04 AM
Life bird hasn't been around since like d2 of GGfia

-Henry David Thoreau
02-14-2014, 02:24 PM
Yeah I can still do this
02-14-2014, 04:25 PM
You can throw me on the replacements list. I think I can keep up with a game of this size.
02-15-2014, 01:20 AM
Well, it certainly looks like there's enough, if not an excess of, candidates.

“One day you wake up and realize the world can be conquered.” - Doctor Impossible
02-15-2014, 03:17 AM
Quote:Well, it certainly looks like there's enough, if not an excess of, candidates.

Actually, we're still about 3 short right now, even with the current replacements.

If anybody here knows how to get in contact with Tea, Credit, Ixta, Lifebird, or ParadoxGamer, asking any of them if they're still interested for me would be much appreciated.

Tumblr/Steam
02-15-2014, 07:32 AM
I can't play, sorry.
02-16-2014, 03:37 AM
Deceptive gave me a poke, I completely forgot about this game. I don't think I can play now. :( I'm already playing another and I don't think it'd be fair to either game to split my time between two. Sorry
02-16-2014, 09:19 AM
Ahhhhh, put me on the list. Why not.
02-19-2014, 12:15 PM
i'll play
02-19-2014, 01:07 PM
Alright, update time. Out of the 10 people that I sent out prods to, we got back four positive answers, three negative, and three that have yet to respond.

However, during this time we also received FIVE replacement requests from five presumably great-looking people, for which I am eternally grateful.

Margatroid, Lifebird, and ParadoxGamer are still welcome to join if they want to, but until then, we're still only one slot away from having a full roster. Limited space still available! Tell all your friends!

Tumblr/Steam
02-20-2014, 05:51 AM
I'll join.
02-20-2014, 07:13 AM
And with that we've finally reached thirteen. Quicktopics will be going out momentarily. Day 1 should hopefully start within the next couple of days.

Tumblr/Steam
02-20-2014, 03:39 PM (This post was last modified: 02-20-2014 03:42 PM by Coldblooded.)
RE: VR Tiny Hunt (13/13)
~~~Prologue~~~

The year is 2XX7, and you are a HUGE NERD.

One day, after coming home from a long, stressful day at work/school/sleeping in until late afternoon, you decide to take the edge off by playing a nice, relaxing video game. You sit down on your bed and begin looking through your old collection of games.

Ah, here we go, Witches of Huntazia, an old favorite of yours! Sure, it might be a few years old and it has more than its fair share of bugs, but you still posit that you just haven't lived until you've punched a mammoth so hard that it clips through three walls and then blasts off into the stratosphere. Haha. Good times.

Anyways, you lie back down in bed and turn on the ol' Virtual Reality Game System. No sooner than you log into the game though, you start seeing error messages popping up all around you. Strange, this has never happened before.

Suddenly everything goes dark, and you feel as though you're falling. The last thing you see before blacking out is that damn loading screen. You know, the one featuring that one Orc lady with the huge boobs? God, you forgot how embarrassing this game used to be.

Quicktopics have been sent out. The game will begin tomorrow, assuming that enough players have finished preloading.

Tumblr/Steam
02-21-2014, 02:15 PM
T-Minus 2 hours until launch.

Tumblr/Steam
02-21-2014, 03:33 PM
Time to dust off my Oculus!
02-21-2014, 04:00 PM
~~~DAY ONE~~~

THUMP.

Thirteen bodies fall out of the sky and hit the ground together in unison.

As you get up and start to look around, you realize that you're standing in the tutorial field from the game. Way off in the distance, you can make out the Huntazian Forests, the imposing Tiny Mountains, and the Great City of Witchtopia, among other landmarks. There sure are a lot more error messages floating around than there used to be though. You don't remember the game being quite this broken.

Before you can say anything to the other players though, you get interrupted mid-thought by everybody's least favorite panda-fairy companion. Ugh, this guy was just the worst. It would always follow you around and annoy people all day by making sure they were aware of things that were already completely obvious. You can't believe that they still haven't got rid of him yet.

Anyway, Lump tells you in no uncertain or succinct terms that:
A. The game servers are malfunctioning pretty badly right now.
B. It was hackers that done it.
C. They can't be entirely certain who it was that uploaded the virus, so they kinda just had to lock down everybody who happened to log in at exactly 5:47 today. Which includes you.
D. The respawn mechanic got hit pretty hard by the virus and they're not totally sure if they'll be able to put you all back in your own bodies afterwards if anything bad happens, so DYING IS EXTREMELY ILL-ADVISED.
E. Don't worry though, the admins sent Lumpy here to watch over you and keep you all safe, so everything's all good here. Nope, nothing to worry about at all.
F. It might take a few days or so before they get all of this sorted up, so you should probably go ahead and make yourselves comfortable here. Sorry for the inconvenience.
G. Of course, if you really wanted to get out of here as soon as possible, the admins would really appreciate it if you guys could figure out amongst yourselves which players are most likely to be hacker scum.
H. Electronic Arts, Inc. is in no way responsible for any injuries or deaths that may result from playing Witches of Huntazia or any of the Witches of Huntazia brand card games. You all agreed to this when you signed up for an account, so don't start acting surprised now or anything.
I. Alright yeah, I think that just about covers all of our bases. Go get 'em champs.

D1 begins now.

With thirteen alive, it takes seven to lynch. Oh, and don't forget to elect somebody for lump.

Day ends in approximately 96 hours on February 25th at Midnight EST, 5 am GMT, and 10:30 am Sri Lanka Standard Time.

Tumblr/Steam
02-21-2014, 04:05 PM
Lynch APW
02-21-2014, 04:07 PM
Vote: KaiDASH
Lump: Yewchung

-Henry David Thoreau
02-21-2014, 04:10 PM
Lump: Visceral
Lynch: Oz
02-21-2014, 04:50 PM
lynch MQ
lump: MV

[Image: sonicsig2.jpg]
Steam
02-21-2014, 05:46 PM
This is for causing an undue amount of bloodshed in BSF, you jerk!
Vote: Acionyx

Also I promise free pretzel sticks to those who vote me for Lump! Mmmmm!
Lump: Me!
02-21-2014, 06:26 PM
EA is almost as bad at doing their jobs as CC Corp.............. almost

Lynch MV

Lump Myself..........

02-21-2014, 10:04 PM
vote speedchuck
you again
lump mv

02-22-2014, 01:35 AM
unvote/vote donut
no you
02-22-2014, 02:42 AM
RE: VR Tiny Hunt Day 1 (13/13)
Still feeling kinda pissy about those falling mangoes...

Vote Amosmyn

Dear god, bloody Lump. Pawn that bugger off.

Lump MV

02-22-2014, 03:35 AM
Lynch P... damn, nobody's name starts with a P. Oh well, lynch APW.

Lump me, because you know damn well that it's better to have me lumped, priest checked and night killed (and I'm a much better choice than Mr. V) that and I've never been good in endgame scenarios anyway. And I'm not going to play this in a way that gets me night killed. Well, except for that last statement.
02-22-2014, 04:03 AM
You know what? Im actually not that opposed to MV getting lump.
...but you guys'll miss out on your breadsticks. How unfortunate.
Lump:MV