Acionyx the Necromancer

Angelchat
Scumchat the first
Scumchat the second
Observerchat

Actions list:
Day 1:
Town no lynches.
APW the Judge kills Mister Visceral the DOB.
Mister Visceral the DOB revenge kills Donut the Acolyte.

Night 1:
Speedchuck checks Yewchung and finds out he's town.
Beruru visits Acio, learns nothing. Receives Pie.
Yewchung hits Beruru in the face with pie.
Anacreon, Kaidash, Oz, Deceptive, and APW do nothing.
Angels protect Speedchuck, learn that Yewchung is town.

Mquinny sees Acionyx and Yewchung get checked.
Amos finds out that angels protected Speedchuck, and the scumteam correctly pegs Speedchuck as the Priest because of it.
Acionyx fumbles some soup all over APW.
(Full soup log as follows: APW as the Priest, Yewchung as the Martyr, Speedchuck as Leeroy, Anacreon as the Judge, Deceptive as the clown, Amosmyn as the Oracle.) None of these are correct, but points for effort.

Day 2:
APW weeps over his spilled soup.
Town no lynches again.
APW the Judge kills Acionyx the Necromancer.

Night 2:
Speedchuck checks APW and gets an innocent result.
Beruru visits Deceptive and learns nothing.
Yewchung pies Anacreon.
Anacreon gets pied in the face.
Kaidash, Oz, Deceptive, and APW do nothing.
Angels protect Yewchung. They learn APW is innocent.

MQuinny sees APW and Deceptive get checked.
Amos finds out that the angels protected Yewchung.
The scumteam kills Speedchuck, but are sadly denied the info that they've successfully taken out the Priest, since the Judge kill blocks Acionyx's last gasp ability.

Day 3:
Speedchuck the Priest shows up dead in the morning.
Town attempts to lynch Kaidash, but he Leeroys onto Yewchung the Clown.

Night 3:
Beruru visits Amos, learns nothing.
Anacreon dies saving Oz from being murdered.
Oz, Deceptive, and APW do nothing.
Angels protect APW. They learn the priest is gone for good.

MQuinny sees Amos get checked.
Amos finds out that the angels protected APW.
The scumteam kills Oz, but is martyr-blocked by Anacreon.

Day 4:
Anacreon the Martyr saves Oz.
Town lynches APW the Judge.

Night 4:
Oz activates and kills MQuinny.
Beruru visits MQuinny and learns that two scum were alive at nightstart.
Deceptive also activates and learns that Amosmyn is the last scum.
Angels attempt to save Beruru but get deathcursed by Acionyx.

MQuinny learns that MQuinny has been visited in the night and promptly dies of shock.
Amosmyn finds out that the angels protected Beruru, and also he spills some soup all over her.
(Full soup log: Beruru as Judge, Oz as Vig.)

Day 5:
MQuinny the Demon shows up dead, and Beruru weeps over some more soup.
Town lynches Amosmyn the Occultist.
Town wins. Deceptive the Pope, Oz the Vig, and Beruru the Oracle survive.

Tumblr/Steam
03-18-2014, 05:40 PM
RE: VR Tiny Hunt Day 5 (4/13)
Don't soup on four pages of thread

Also (AMOS) read your teammates posts
03-18-2014, 06:18 PM
RE: VR Tiny Hunt [Game Over - Town Win]
So yeah

This entire game burned down

[Image: g4osirL.jpg]
03-18-2014, 06:52 PM
itt: beru the dream oracle

"Have some wine," the March Hare said in an encouraging tone.
Alice looked all round the table, but there was nothing on it but tea.
"I don't see any wine," she remarked.

(06-25-2013 09:31 AM)Chirality Wrote:  And then everyone cut the simplest explanations in tiny pieces then set them on fire then threw them in a lake and poisoned the lake.
03-18-2014, 07:02 PM
its the dream oracle

(06-25-2013 09:31 AM)Chirality Wrote:  And then everyone cut the simplest explanations in tiny pieces then set them on fire then threw them in a lake and poisoned the lake.
03-18-2014, 07:05 PM
i should have been the priest i checked the entire fucking team wtf?

03-18-2014, 07:07 PM
Quote:"if someone has the most votes, has at least two more votes than the second-most, and no lynch has occurred, lynch the someone with the most votes...EXCEPT on D2, in which case if there is a no-lynch, lynch Acionyx".

what the fuck did i just read

03-18-2014, 07:13 PM
A really easy-to-understand conditional.

It did its job exactly how I intended it soooooo

[Image: g4osirL.jpg]
03-18-2014, 07:34 PM
i didnt read the timestamp properly :C

03-18-2014, 09:02 PM
i am the worst best acolyte
(also sorry vic)

dC Wrote:donut is A FILTHY TRAITOR unreliable
03-19-2014, 01:34 AM
I'm happy with my progress late-game.

“One day you wake up and realize the world can be conquered.” - Doctor Impossible
03-19-2014, 02:14 AM
@Acio what?

Anyways postgame comments soon.
03-19-2014, 03:57 AM
really should have pushed my town read on apw harder then again i was completely off on my acio read.

[Image: sonicsig2.jpg]
Steam
03-19-2014, 04:04 AM
Quote:@Acio what?

Anyways postgame comments soon.

The night you souped you and qjinny both ketpt going on about not wanting angels to screw you up and I told you point blank before I died that I was cursing then
03-19-2014, 04:24 AM
You said that you were cursing for the speedchuck kill to my memory. In any case I kinda figured out that you probably didnt curse on my own given the different save after looking back on it. In any case, killing one townie that night wasnt really going to make a difference since liveVig was going to shoot MQ in most worlds even if he was killed. Souping was pretty much the only low risk option to me because I felt having both oz and beruru alive wasnt much different than having just one of them alive (i was right about Oz, but if I souped beruru wrong after I wouldve been fucked). They were instaclear the next day and had virtually neutral outlooks on Darcy and I.

Given that we lost our most essential role right off the bat, I think we did pretty well as a scumteam. Given how easy it is for town to build up mechanically in a necroless world early on I would consider the scum roles as something to review. Perhaps having the witches specialize after D1 instead of giving them their role right away? It would at least help the witches if they lose the Necro off the bat by luck.

Also I am very afraid of a world where town doesnt activate leeroy and DOB as scum.

More comments laterrrr
03-19-2014, 05:05 AM
Fun game, fellow townies. A pity I died early, as the game is much more fun when alive.
03-19-2014, 06:42 AM
So all in all this was a pretty ridiculous game. DOB and Leeroy both went off on townies, and the Acolyte/Priest were both killed very early on, but town still managed to pull off a win by virtue of scum only managing to kill a single person on purpose for the entire game.

The moral of the story yet again is: Don't try to soup N1.

Tumblr/Steam
03-19-2014, 06:45 AM (This post was last modified: 03-19-2014 06:45 AM by OzTheWizard.)
@Amos: I don't think Necro was that important. The only difference had you been Necro instead of Acio would have been that you would have known 1 night earlier that Speedchuk was the Priest.

Also, the right move was killing me. Even ignoring Acio's curse, I was unlikely to be protected over beru and unlike her I had pressured you at least a couple of times before. Sure, it still would have taken some work to convice her to lynch Deceptive, but that's what you get for not pushing harder to give me the panda. I would have blindly sided with Acio from D2 to your win. But sure, let's blame the soup.
03-19-2014, 07:16 AM
Honestly I didnt really see all that much pressure until D3. Like I am in no way saying that town wasnt playing well, I just felt that the N3 soup was my safest option to attempt and secure a win. In basically any world where vig was alive and not deceptive we would have to deal with one of us vs deceptive and two towns almost guaranteed not to have concrete knowledge on our identity.

With four alive if we mislynched we would win with an nk because the vigpower wouldnt trigger.

Souping the second time was a risk, yes, but in the situation it was as safe if not safer than a proper kill.
Also apologies to APW and Deceptive because I said things about their play that werent true for the sake of maintaining good public image and pushing for the right kills.

Regarding Necro, you're absolutely right thatswapping the roles wouldnt have done much in our case, but with the necro dead there's very little in the way of detecting the Oracle, Pope, Vig and usually the Acolyte (etc?). Like, if there's a failed souping or an angel save its a pretty big blow to the scumteam when they're down a member, but perhaps thats to their own fault anyways. I dunno! Brainstorming. :)
03-19-2014, 07:18 AM
Also im pretty proud of the APW lynch, haha.

No regrets, that was fun.
03-19-2014, 10:10 AM
oz, remember when i almost blind lynched deceptive

03-19-2014, 10:23 AM (This post was last modified: 03-19-2014 10:25 AM by Acionyx.)
Quote:You said that you were cursing for the speedchuck kill to my memory.

Which is why you read your teammates posts because curses can only be used during /day/.

Quote: Perhaps having the witches specialize after D1 instead of giving them their role right away? It would at least help the witches if they lose the Necro off the bat by luck.

Yeah that's a thing in pi's witchhunts now; scum can swap their roles around before game starts to avoid getting screwed over metawise. I almost asked to do it this game but oh well
03-19-2014, 11:16 AM (This post was last modified: 03-19-2014 11:17 AM by amosmyn.)
Again, I started paying more attention later in, haha. :)
It's not a big deal; I caught on with the mechanics later in.

Anyways, the remaining comments!
Thanks DP for a fun, tasty-flavour game!
Hugs and kisses go out to Romeo and Juliet for making my romance come true.
Excellent townplay late game MQ, although I guess you were doomed to vigging. (Sorry? ;0) You're getting good at this!.
03-19-2014, 11:50 PM
Scum is a bit easier I think to understand and think about strategy-wise, because you actually have people you can trust and more information than town.

Town really is just wild shooting in the dark. ANyway, yeah. Fun game indeed.

“One day you wake up and realize the world can be conquered.” - Doctor Impossible
03-20-2014, 04:42 AM
MQuinny1234 Wrote:Town really is just wild shooting in the dark. ANyway, yeah. Fun game indeed.
Oh is it?

me Wrote:MQuinny amos and Acio for scumteam 2007
post #74

Can we just?

"We love eloquence for its own sake, and not for any truth which it may utter, or any heroism it may inspire."
-Henry David Thoreau
03-20-2014, 04:56 AM
MV for town prez 2014.
03-20-2014, 05:17 AM
Awards list:

Mister Visceral:
Blind Prophet - Correctly name the entire scumteam on page 2, but then miss every single one of them when you make your revengekill at the end of the day.

Tumblr/Steam
03-21-2014, 02:45 AM
That was the best.
03-21-2014, 06:07 AM
I did nearly piss myself.

03-22-2014, 07:37 AM
Well that's why it's a revenge kill and not a JUST1C3 kill. Shall we change this to a justice kill? NO? Well then I MADE THE RIGHT CHOICE.

"We love eloquence for its own sake, and not for any truth which it may utter, or any heroism it may inspire."
-Henry David Thoreau