Godhood II IC (Dead)
09-21-2013, 07:30 AM (This post was last modified: 02-14-2015 04:08 PM by Raptarion.)
Godhood II IC (Dead)
[Image: Godhood2_zps99058c3b.png]
How many years has it been? How long since this universe has last been touched by the hands of gods? It is a mystery. But perhaps the years aren't important. What matters, in this story at least, is that the universe will soon be host to a new set of gods. They will shape the universe as they see fit. Will they work together for a better tomorrow? Or will they allow their petty differences to shake the universe asunder. Either way, it is abundantly clear that the universe is in for some drastic changes.

Universal Encyclopedia

Cosmic bodies
The Dark Star: A medium sized star with a rather unique property. It does not produce any light. In all other regards, it is a normal star.
Spare matter (20): Space dust and rubble left over from the calamity that caused the previous gods to leave. This can be shaped into cosmic bodies.

Artifacts
Mysterious energy: Energy that appears to be left over from the calamity that caused the previous gods to leave. It will dissipate entirely in a few turns. Until then, it will provide all the gods with acts.

Alternate planes of existence
Purgatory: Mortal souls go here when they die by default.
Souls in purgatory are in stasis.
This plane of existence is empty.
Paradise: Mortal souls can be sent to paradise by a god.
Souls in Paradise can not be destroyed or harmed or corrupted.
Souls in Paradise can interact with the gods if they choose and if the gods consent.
This plane of existence is occupied by mysterious floating scrolls.
The pit: Mortal souls can be sent to The pit by a god.
Souls in The pit can not be destroyed.
This plane of existence is occupied by a seemingly endless swarm of floating ribbons with razor sharp edges.

Gods
Saint-Victor- 5
Vitreo- 5
The Tree of Knowledge- 5
Yeldhava- 5
Xythis- 5
Narila- 5
P'tah Culann- 5
Stella- 5
09-21-2013, 07:33 AM (This post was last modified: 09-21-2013 07:33 AM by KatoHearts.)
RE: Godhood II IC
Xythis arrives in a flurry of feathers and wings. Hello? Anyone in? Huh, I guess not.
09-21-2013, 07:35 AM (This post was last modified: 09-21-2013 07:35 AM by Pagan.)
With the sound of rushing air, a figure began to phase into existence. Flickering, the being looked over the universe, viewing the anomalous star apathetically. Without light, things will be hard. Manifesting a divine throne of non-existence, Yeldhava's form flickered fully into reality, and He sat, waiting for the others. Naught but birds and darkness in this strange realm.

Working Name: Anarkismo
09-21-2013, 07:35 AM
"...lattice like diamonds. Perfection in all dimensions. For I am unworthy, Saint-Victor. Unworthy to be in your grace. Behold me. Burn me. Blind me with your nuclear glory. Crease me in your manifolds. Protect me. By God! Protect me before the world gives way to nothing AND THERE WAS NOTHING TO BEHOLD..."

Somewhere, someone was watching.

Someone.

Something.

Hiding along those quiet corners.
09-21-2013, 07:36 AM (This post was last modified: 09-21-2013 07:38 AM by KatoHearts.)
Part of Xythis flocks onto Yeldhava. Hello.
09-21-2013, 07:40 AM
"Hark! These birds are one. Be you servant, or enemy? Before Me, the choices are but two."

He turned His head, as though looking for the source of the other voice.

"Reveal yourself, faceless voice. There is nothing here for charlatans and tricksters. By My name, you shall have form!"

09-21-2013, 07:41 AM
"...HOUSTON HOUSTON do you read? All is violent and ALL IS BRIGHT..."
09-21-2013, 07:43 AM
Stella extends her presence near the Dark Star, and declares to herself "This won't do. This won't do at all." as she observes the un-star-like star.
09-21-2013, 07:44 AM
Xythis pecks at Yeldhava. Well, I'm certainly no servant.
09-21-2013, 07:46 AM
"...By GOD, it's so DARK. So COLD. So INFINITE. Shine, OH LADY OF THE STARS. Light the damn UNIVERSE. For I am afraid so afraid afraid afraid..."
09-21-2013, 07:48 AM
Dark, yes. Cold, not so much. That star was probably for some nocturnal coldblooded species.
09-21-2013, 07:48 AM
"Then you have made your choice. Your flock is weak, as all will be. Leave My presence, vermin."

Yeldhava flicks the pecking bird into the distance, before looking back at nothing in particular.

"Formless agent, you have heard My ultimatum, as presented to the verminous avians. I present you with your choice. Stand below Me, or stand before Me."

09-21-2013, 07:51 AM
The parts of Xythis that were not flicked away all begin pecking at once. With that kind of attitude I doubt you have many friends. Much less servants.
09-21-2013, 07:54 AM
Yeldhava let out a minuscule sigh.

"You dare defy Me feathered-fools? Begone, I have no time for such inanities in My master plan."

With a sweeping motion, Yeldhava made a large gap between Himself and Xythis, not that such matters in the infinite nothing of godspace.

09-21-2013, 07:54 AM
"OH YOU SULLIED DESPOT, leave the LORD OF HEAVENS alone...for we are equal in power and in POWER we are equal...and YET WE ARE HELPLESS as entropy gather their FINGERS around our wretched THROATS..."
09-21-2013, 07:56 AM (This post was last modified: 09-21-2013 07:57 AM by KatoHearts.)
The flock reconverges on Yeldhava. You aren't very bright are you? Anyway, you can call me Xythis. Secrets are my business.
09-21-2013, 08:00 AM
"I am brilliant, for before Me, there was nothing. Your existence owes itself to Me, as do all. For without Me, all would be void. Your name matters not to Me, for it was known before it was spoken, before it was thought to be spoken."

Yeldhava then gestured to the spare matter.

"Prove your worth, xythis. For in My plan, those that can not create, must be replaced."

09-21-2013, 08:00 AM (This post was last modified: 09-21-2013 08:04 AM by Sotek.)
"Let there be light!"

Stella pours divine power into the sun to make it provide light, like ordinary suns do. (up to three acts worth)
09-21-2013, 08:03 AM
"...Yay..."
09-21-2013, 08:03 AM
Really now? Knew my name before I told you, eh? So you can tell me what the other two gods here are called right? Show me you're really so powerful and I suppose I could follow you.
09-21-2013, 08:05 AM
From beyond the void at the very edges of this universe the Rock floats in from the blackness. As always, the Tree dominates its surface, immense in both size and knowledge. It does not deign to speak with any of the others yet, but sends each a single seed from its distant solitude - a token - so that all might be aware of its presence and intentions here.
09-21-2013, 08:06 AM
"It is not My goal to convert pests to My way. Such trivial actions only waste. Begone, vermin."

09-21-2013, 08:07 AM (This post was last modified: 09-21-2013 08:09 AM by KatoHearts.)
Xythis' flock fights over the seed and eats Yeldhava's as well. Hm. Not bad. Anyway, what you're really saying is you don't know. You're just a lot of show, eh? That's cool, I was like that too once.
09-21-2013, 08:13 AM
The power that Stella pours into the star at first seems to not do anything.
Then the star reacts. Almost as if there is something in the heart of the star trying to push its' way out. The darkness that existed throughout the star seems to recoil from the star's heart.
Then the power within the star grows stronger. The darkness exists only on the edge of the star now. A black mist. A soft glow begins to appear. Like a light bulb covered by dark cloth.
The mist is pierced by shafts of light. The mist around the star retreats from the escaping light. There are now scattered beams of light escaping from the star.

Space is warped and time is bendable.
09-21-2013, 08:15 AM
The two birds who had eaten the seeds feel an uncomfortable growth in their stomachs.
09-21-2013, 08:16 AM (This post was last modified: 09-21-2013 08:17 AM by KatoHearts.)
Now that's just strange. Here, let me take a crack at it. -2 acts to make the star shine.
09-21-2013, 08:19 AM
Yeldhava ignores the flock of birds, sitting regally on His godthrone.

09-21-2013, 08:24 AM
Xythis' power is infused into the star. The shafts of light become more numerous, and larger. Soon the mist only exists as little more than a spiderweb of darkness.
The light grows stronger still. Almost as if the mist senses its' imminent destruction, it congregates into a single spot. It begins to move across the surface of the star, like a serpent across the surface of a pond. Twisting and morphing constantly, as it casts its' shadow across the solar system.

09-21-2013, 08:26 AM (This post was last modified: 09-21-2013 08:27 AM by KatoHearts.)
Stubborn aren't you? Once more then. -1 to finish fixing the sun.
09-21-2013, 08:26 AM
"Why, thank you, birds! Let's finish this!"

Stella throws more power into vanquishing the mist-shadow serpent. (up to two acts).
09-21-2013, 08:32 AM
The light of the star begins to glow brighter. The mist begins flying quickly across the surface of the star. One direction. Then another. It is like watching a panicked animal under the shadow of a bird of prey. It can not scream. But it communicates its' pain all the same. An anguished cry that lacks sound pierces the godly plane as the last of the mist disappears in the wake of the light.

09-21-2013, 08:38 AM (This post was last modified: 09-21-2013 08:50 AM by KatoHearts.)
Finally. Now I need somewhere to rest my wings. Xythis draws as much dust and rubble as he can into a large planet which he then roosts on. -2 acts
09-21-2013, 09:26 AM
Suddenly, with a shattering crash, a 'hole' was punched into the universe and a glass figure fell through it to land on the newly-illuminated star. Rolling forward, it came to its feet and turned, only to find the hole had already disappeared.

"Damn your eyes, all of you!" shouted the glass figure in the vague direction of where the hole had been. It only then seemed to realize it was standing on a star, and promptly incinerated and boiled away into nothing.

The figure suddenly reformed, floating amidst the other gods. His transparent face split into a grin. "Good to run into you all! Is this universe already taken? Oh, you're just starting up here! Don't worry, I'll help, I've got experience with this kind of thing. Vitreo, god of all proud and precious civilizations, at your service!" He clapped his hands together, producing a hollow donk. "So, who's who and what are we doing?"
09-21-2013, 09:33 AM
Yeldhava stood and approached Vitreo, His throne vanishing as he neared.

"Vitreo, your willingness to serve has earned a place in My plan. For this, I reward you with My name. Speak it not in vain."

He gestured to the newly formed planet.

"The riff raff has begun making land to be used. Assist them, and your role in My plan will be strengthened."

09-21-2013, 09:36 AM (This post was last modified: 09-21-2013 09:36 AM by Demonsul.)
Vitreo guffawed. "It was a figure of speech, my friend! Might want to keep your name if it's such a special secret." He clapped Yeldhava on the shoulder. "Don't worry about it though! If your plan is up to my standards, I'll probably help anyway. Fire away with the whole thing!"
09-21-2013, 09:49 AM
He brushed off his shoulder, before beginning again.

"T'would be a fools game to reveal it all. My plan is simple, but you will learn only what I need first. A mortal race, prone to creativity and quick to jump to conclusions. Reliant on water, but able to survive for a time without it. Strong familial ties, possibly a tribal pattern. Not too bright, and fine with not knowing the mechanics of things, but not stupid. Such is the present need of My plan."

Yeldhava gestured to the textureless planet.

"Begin as you will, Angli-Vitreo."

09-21-2013, 09:51 AM
"...Ah. Who is this? What a man! What a thing!"

Lines traced their path, a square in which Vitreo was the center. Hands slipped through the lines, inspecting the translucent man with a touch of a curator. A careful glance. A careful nod. And everything was nothing.

"...Marvellous, I say. Marvellous. And very ambitious, yes, yes...that'll do...that'll go in my notes..."
09-21-2013, 09:58 AM
Vitreo waved an arm to disperse the lines surrounding him as if they were smoke. "Oy! Physical form for politeness! Were you raised on a mortal planet?" He said it jokingly, then turned back to Yeldhava. "Right, so you want a copy of pretty much any first sapient race created in a universe. Well, I'll get right on that! Could use them myself. But! First I want to see what you can do, throne-man. Prettify that planet! If I like your style, I'll make some people for everyone, and more besides!"
09-21-2013, 10:03 AM
"...BEAUTY...is in the eye of the beholder..."A voice whispered near Vitreo's ear. Or ear equivalent."....Best not to challenge, that would only lead to woe..."
09-21-2013, 10:04 AM
"I know that, which is why I intend on critiquing it. And please! Give me somewhere to look when I talk to you!"
09-21-2013, 10:10 AM
Like a supernova, geometric shapes exploded out of nowhere. Manifolds upon manifolds. Angles upon angles. Lines. So many lines. And between the lines, you swear you could see eyes

--or are there?

Needless to say, an ephemeral-thingy just materialized out of nowhere. It formed two arms and folded its hands into each other.

"...hello..."
09-21-2013, 10:12 AM
Vitreo turned to the non-euclidean spiral of shards and shapes with a pair of arms. He gritted his glass teeth. "Weeelllll... it's a start, I suppose."
09-21-2013, 10:14 AM
Saint-Victor shrugs and folds back in reverse into nothing.

"...A reason behind my choice, a rationale buried under my actions, for why oh why I hide my pale-face..."
09-21-2013, 10:26 AM
A single part of Xythis alights on Vitreo's arm.Hey. I'm Xythis and that surly guy on throne is Mimi as far as I can tell. I heard something about a civilization?
09-21-2013, 10:33 AM
Vitreo lifted his arm to bring the bird up to eye level. "Yeah, that'd be me, Vitreo, god of civilizations! Good to meet you. Mimi, eh? No wonder he's afraid to tell people his name." He lifted his other arm, holding open a hand for the bird to shake. After seemingly realizing something, he shrunk the hand to roughly the same size as the bird's feet.
09-21-2013, 10:34 AM
"...tiny hand..."
09-21-2013, 10:40 AM
Xythis uses his talons to shake vitreo's hand. See, I'm a god in the business of secrets and until something that can think shows up I won't have any business obviously. We're off to a good start here though. Fixed the sun and built a planet, you know, easy stuff. So what kind of species did you have in mind?
09-21-2013, 10:53 AM
Stella manifests as plasma, shaped similarly to Vitreo.

"I am Stella, goddess of cooperation. That makes three of us, then, that will need thinking mortals, no?"
09-21-2013, 11:00 AM
Vitreo shrugged, his hand returning to normal size. "Mortal species can be so varied, I was thinking of something traditional. You know, bipedal, smart, inventive, prideful, the usual stuff that works well together."
09-21-2013, 11:01 AM
Lines started hovering above Stella. Hands reach out and glossed over her ionizing radiation before slipping back to nothing.

"...we are of the same breed, Lady of the Stars. We must have the same motivations..."