Complete Radio Tower Mafia - Salvation (MAFIA / MARKER VICTORY)
04-05-2013, 01:47 PM (This post was last modified: 03-24-2015 10:12 AM by amosmyn.)
Radio Tower Mafia - Salvation (MAFIA / MARKER VICTORY)
MARCH 20TH
UltraRich Incident Report Form, #30-U
The Radio Tower Incident

A peaceful village, living in isolation.

Having existed, completely disconnected from the world for an extended period of time, the denizens of this quiet retreat have been excluded from the rapidly advancing world around them. Concealed deep within a lush, dense forest, no problems had ever plagued these innocent people.

Two young girls sit on the outskirts of the village, playing games as most children would. Sitting at the feet of a statue of the village’s founder, they whittled the hours away playing pretend. Soon enough, they decided on a small game of hide and seek. One stood facing a tree, counting to the number 100. The other one ran off into the charted wooden territory, hoping to find an especially good hiding place. All the small crevices and hideouts in the nearby vicinity had already been noted. It was up to the other children to find new areas to play in.

Passing by a familiar spot, the young girl noticed something was different. This section of forest... was not as dense as usual. It didn't take a long time for her to find an area cleared out right by the town. Was this the work of man, or forces beyond their control? It was then she noticed what had been erected in the mysteriously cleared space.

A massive monolith, a testament to the technical advancement of a world unknown to her, stood still and watched her. The game of hide and seek was over, as she stood motionless at the base of the structure. The other child, seeking her opponent in the child's game, soon arrived and joined in watching the unmoving edifice.

These young girls were unaware that what would come to pass shall be the beginning of the end.

tehpilot presents:
[Image: VFrcGwt.png]
a mafia game

Hi guys, welcome to this mafia game which happens to be the third one devised by yours truly. A continuation of sorts in an overall arcing storyline involving my previous two games, Radio Tower mafia is a closed-setup, semi-large mafia game.

FOR RETURNING PLAYERS:
There are no weird extra-role mechanics this time around. I promise.

FOR NEWER PLAYERS:
Hi, welcome to the wonderful world of mafia! I highly suggest you read up on it a little before joining this game. My games tend to use more complex role interactions, however. Keep that in mind.

Two chums from #mspafia have given this setup a review, Acionyx and ProfessorLizzard. Rest assured it has been approved twofold, and hopefully this will not suffer the crippling balance issues some other games have had.

General Rules and Setup Guarantees
  1. Massclaims (Large numbers of players revealing their roles at once) is highly unadvised. Such claims will likely not help, and it tends to suck all the fun out of the game. Really bad instances of this will result in horrific punishments which can instill fear into even the most stalwart of hearts. Don't massclaim okay.
  2. Days will be 120 hours long (5 days) and nights will be 48 hours long (2 days). Extensions may be granted in specific scenarios.
  3. When casting lynch votes, please bold or color your votes. Hell, do both.
  4. All player-to-moderator communication should be done through provided Quicktopics, which are controlled discussions.
  5. Don't copy/paste from Quicktopics, this threatens game stability and may be treated as cheating action. Which is punishable in bad ways.
  6. And don't share quicktopics with others.
  7. And keep game-sensitive details inside the game, please.
  8. While you're at it, refrain from editing or deleting posts.
  9. Death will grant you one spoilered "bluh" post, which may not contain game-relevant information.
  10. Do not talk at night.
  11. Day Activation / "Karkat" Rule 1: In the event a day activation is claimed (someone using a role power in the day), assume day has ended and it is nighttime. Game will resume once I have intervened and resolved the action.
  12. Day Activation / "Karkat" Rule 2: Faking day activations is strictly forbidden and punishable by moderator kill.
  13. Refrain from ciphering or concealing posts. Also avoid whiting out text, that's really annoying.
  14. Maintain a reasonable level of activity (minimum of one post per day). Replacement will be used for players who fail to post for a 72-hour timespan, with a prod 48 hours into that.
  15. Please, this is a game. Take it easy, play to have fun, but play to win! We all want to have fun. Remember that.

Guarantees: This setup involves no cults, jesters, obliterators, alignment-changing, or game-ending third party win conditions.

I'd like to get this rolling by April 12th. Quick signups may result in an early start. I'll need 21 players.

PLAYER LIST [21/21 - ~filled~]
I'm here to lynch the scum!
A player in gray is eligible for a replacement kill.
  1. Mirdini
  2. A Killer Cuppa Tea - Timothy Keirstead - Town Roleblocker - Bled to death (Murdered), N2
  3. Palamedes - Jackson Duskbrood - Mafia Odd-Night Ninja - Hung and burned following a failed escape attempt (Lynched), D5
  4. Mooglegirl SeaOfMath - Jack Warden - Town Mortician/Gravedigger - Dug their own grave (Lynched), D7
  5. gloomyMoron
  6. 2Create - Vanished, N4
  7. Calibornio - Raphael Mathias - Town Vanilla - Force-fed soup and beaten to death (Murdered), N6
  8. nearlyNonexistent speedchuck
  9. anacreon
  10. Mercerenies Deceptive - Isaiah Herakles - Town Vanilla - Met his fate with a bear (Lynched), D6
  11. Collen icanhasdonut
  12. Fwee amosmyn
  13. Purple Walrus - Paul Akio - Town Vanilla - Coerced into fighting a bear (Lynched), D4
  14. GenetiXientist - Elwood Spurling - Town Bodyguard - Finally allowed to rest in peace (Murdered), N5
  15. AProcrastinatingWriter - Robert Cecilio - Town Vanilla - Executed for inappropriate paint use (Lynched), D3
  16. Wiwaxia Sruixan
  17. makerofthegames - ?????? - Town Vanilla - Plainly murdered (Murdered), N3
  18. OzTheWizard - Arthur Horace - Town Vanilla - Nailed to a table (Murdered), N1
  19. Mister Visceral - Father Gilmore - Town Even-Night Janitor Vigilante - Received a taste of his own medicine (Murdered), N7
  20. SupahKiven - Vanished, N6
  21. Drupplesnubb - Kenneth Donaghue - Mafia Bulletproof - Betrayed by his own added weight (Lynched), D2
REPLACEMENT PLAYERS:

The replacement kill system is now active. If a player's name in the above list is alive and grayed out, you may publicly post that you wish to replace them. Upon doing so, you will be sent their role and all relevant information. If you replace out, it is difficult to get back in (and may be impossible to do so!)

OBSERVATION LIST:
I'm here to watch you all lynch the scum!
This is closed until I get players and replacements. Don't ask in thread, ask in PM once we have players and replacements.
  1. Acionyx?
  2. ProfessorLizzard?

Directory of Game Events

DAY ONE: A Red Dawn - Thunderstruck

DAY TWO: Hammer and Nail - Seeing Shadows - Healthy Paranoia

DAY THREE: The Joke's On Him - If At First...

DAY FOUR: Unexplained Questions - More Than He Could Bear

DAY FIVE: Shots in the Dark - Assassin's Blade

DAY SIX: Finally Free - Mark My Words

DAY SEVEN: A Warming Bowl of Soup - The Honored Dead

DAY EIGHT: A Fall From Grace - Napalm Showers, Showed The Cowards... - Technician's Revenge - GAME OVER: Salvation

Cast of Characters / Night Actions
Mod Notes / Awards (?)

???????

and now, hunger does what sorrow could never do
website | @tehpilot
04-05-2013, 04:40 PM
RE: Radio Tower Mafia
*hums Buggles*

(sure I'm in)
04-05-2013, 04:45 PM
sure why not
04-05-2013, 05:00 PM
Pilot will you break my heart again?

Please don't (this is an in as well).
04-06-2013, 03:38 AM
HELLO
04-07-2013, 03:57 AM
Meh. Why not? In. >.>
04-09-2013, 07:52 PM
/in. I'm a relative newb, played three games of role madness mafia so far, that's it. So go easy on me.
Not new to weird role interactions though.
It can't get much more confusing than a REDACTED interacting with a REDACTED interacting with a REDACTED interacting with a REDACTED.
(Sorry, that game is still in progress so I can't post any info on that)
That was hilarious, really. Hopefully this will be even more hilarious.
04-09-2013, 11:10 PM
In please!
04-10-2013, 06:15 AM
I'd like to be in. This is probably my first serious mafia game, because the online ones i play are quick and informal. This looks fun!

dC Wrote:donut is A FILTHY TRAITOR unreliable
04-10-2013, 07:16 PM
in so i can force people to eat more exploding potatoes.

[Image: sonicsig2.jpg]
Steam
04-10-2013, 08:07 PM
Replacement

If my game load lightens I will switch to fully in.
04-13-2013, 01:54 PM (This post was last modified: 04-13-2013 01:54 PM by Inox.)
Radio towers?
Those are my favorite kinda towers!

e: That's an /in
04-13-2013, 10:55 PM
I'm in, sure. Why not?
04-14-2013, 01:03 AM
So! That's 11 so far. April 12th has come and gone, however. But that's okay, this'll only start once I have the 21 players I need.

Tell your friends! Tell your family! Hell, tell your pets! If you're reading this and you play mafia, you should totally join in.

(I know you're all on these forums. I SEE YOU ALL.)
04-14-2013, 02:56 AM
FINE

FINE

BUT THIS IS THE LAST ONE

Doctor Who: The Forgotten Doctor
Escape the Day
05-05-2013, 09:17 AM
I need to join more Mafia. I'm in.
05-05-2013, 09:28 AM
Replacement-ing
05-05-2013, 10:49 AM
Excellent, more mafia members for the mafia pile.

I do still need 8 players and replacements, though! I want to run this game and it'd be a shame to have to relocate it.
05-05-2013, 06:44 PM
I'm interested, but I'm already involved in a lot of Mafias, so I'll just replace.

[Image: tumblr_m89thxih7c1qesb9j.png][Image: tumblr_m89ti2qf1P1qesb9j.png][Image: tumblr_m89ti533mx1qesb9j.png][Image: tumblr_m89tieX3hv1qesb9j.png][Image: tumblr_m89tillJz41qesb9j.gif][Image: tumblr_m89tiqBWIY1qesb9j.gif][Image: tumblr_m3dyn8mGBA1qesb9j.gif]
05-07-2013, 03:46 AM
Okay, so I may be suicidal for doing this, but I'll be in as well. I want to get into a mafia game and since I've been able to wrap my head around all the stuff Dersehunt had I should be able to cope with this. I hope this'll be a fun first-time for me! :3
05-08-2013, 12:55 PM
Nononononono I can't even manage the possibility of replacing.

Sorry, take me off the replacements :/
05-09-2013, 05:36 PM
*looks around internet*

...alright, fine, I got nothin' better to do than throw half-a-dozen readwalls at this topic. In

[Image: g4osirL.jpg]
05-13-2013, 09:23 AM
RE: [15/21] Radio Tower Mafia
Oh why the hell not.

Let's do this shit.

in
05-15-2013, 06:28 AM
RE: [16/21] Radio Tower Mafia
Oh hi, I'm from a different forum.

/in
05-24-2013, 08:31 AM
RE: [17/21] Radio Tower Mafia
I'll join.
05-24-2013, 08:34 AM
RE: [18/21] Radio Tower Mafia
This playerlist is looking great so far.

Three more unfortunate victims volunteers and we can get things rolling!

website | @tehpilot
05-24-2013, 08:44 AM
(05-24-2013 08:34 AM)TehPilot Wrote:  This playerlist is looking great so far.

Three more unfortunate victims and we can get things rolling!

fixed.

:3

-------------------------

yani iS HORRIFYING
[01:20:27] Mechromancer: (⊙‿⊙✿)
[01:20:39] Beren the Omnibear: asdf u look like ur about to fukkin murder me in my sleep
[01:20:51] Mechromancer: (⊙‿⊙✿) I see you.
[01:20:55] Beren the Omnibear: ASDFGJFG
[01:20:56] Beren the Omnibear: NO
[01:20:57] Beren the Omnibear: STAHP
[01:21:09] Mechromancer: (⊙‿⊙✿) I am going to take your fucking eyes.
[01:21:16] Beren the Omnibear: AJFJUEDJFJFK
[01:21:18] Beren the Omnibear: NOOOO
[01:21:20] Beren the Omnibear: GET AWAY
[01:21:21] Beren the Omnibear: NO STAHP
[01:21:44] Mechromancer: <(⊙‿⊙<✿) come to me..!!
[01:21:55] Beren the Omnibear: NO PLEASE GET AYWYWYAYYWAYY
[01:21:57] Beren the Omnibear: AWAYAYYYYAYYY
[01:22:09] Beren the Omnibear: Beren the Omnibear RUNSS THEHHH FUCK AYWYAY

silvy's victory d
[02:15:58] •Silvdexter•: i have the victory d
05-29-2013, 08:26 AM
Don't know if this is still on considering the last post was days ago, but in!
05-29-2013, 08:42 AM
No worries, the moderator is ever watchful of his thread.

Two more!

website | @tehpilot
06-08-2013, 04:17 AM
RE: [19/21] Radio Tower Mafia
Can a newbie sign up?
06-11-2013, 02:38 AM
RE: [20/21] Radio Tower Mafia - One more!
One more, you say? Count me in!
06-11-2013, 06:02 AM
RE: [20/21] Radio Tower Mafia - One more!
After two months, we're finally full! And I have an unfortunate announcement.

This game was intended to be run in late February, but then the forum move happened. I let the Quicktopics I made fester a little too long. Thus, I've lost a fair chunk of the flavor I wrote.

No worries, though! I have backups and old revisions and I should be able to get things moving shortly.

I'll still be replacement-hunting and sending roles out soon; stay tuned for more!

website | @tehpilot
06-15-2013, 04:17 AM
RE: [21/21] Radio Tower Mafia - Replacements Always Wanted
/in
06-19-2013, 11:33 AM
RE: [21/21] Radio Tower Mafia - replacements please ;w;
calibornio has replaced seastormjt

One more replacement (for icanhasdonut) and the role PMs will be sent.

website | @tehpilot
06-23-2013, 12:21 PM
This is totally not a signup only because I was asked to.

what should I even put here
06-23-2013, 12:34 PM
nearlyNonexistent has replaced icanhasdonut

RADIOTOWER INCIDENT REPORT

April 2013

Following the villagers' discovery of the radio tower, a team of UltraRich Corporation's scientists arrived on the scene to quickly explain the situation. Isolation for over two hundred years can leave a group exceptionally disconnected, as they soon saw with the villagers. This village, however, seemed especially backwards. The technology was reminiscent of primitive iron tools, more medieval in design.

Normally, such an intrusion in such a village would be unwelcome - however, it seemed the villagers didn't mind at first. In a few days, the scientist crew ensured everyone was equipped with what was called a "radio". The rather miniscule object could transmit the voices of outsiders to their secluded location, and slowly they would learn about the world around them. Some villagers took to tying the new devices around their heads for continuous connectivity, trying to live up to the special computerized visors the scientists carried on their persons.

The news stories excited many villagers. Village doctors were happy to tune into stories of miraculous, life-saving cures, often asking the scientists themselves for access to such tools. Tales of massive virtual databases and centers of knowledge excited the scholars. A few curious villagers even dismantled their radios, trying to discern what magic the device consisted of. Although they failed to understand the basics of the transistors within, the scientist crew happily provided additional radios for use and study.

And yet, despite all the excitement, the stories of modern-day battles scared many. It was rumored the villagers separated from the world after a long war, vowing to never battle another group again. Many believed that modern advances had made combat a thing of the past - that human beings now worked together to improve their lives cooperatively. Instead, they got chilling tales of horrific warfare. Stories of shell-shocked soldiers recalling psychologically damaging assaults and apparent fear over immensely powerful weapons came through the radio to the unknowing ears of village denizens.

It didn't take long for hysteria to spread, as the elders of the village hypothesized a "nuclear device" could be used to eradicate the site. After all, the scientists had managed to silently clear out a large portion of the forest. The fear of destruction or assimilation for the advancement of the scientists spread like wildfire. A small group of villagers, now fearful of what the scientists possessed, began to grow more distrustful of their newfound neighbors with each passing day...

Alright! We're all set.

I'm going to spend the rest of today sending out role PMs. They will be trickling out over the next few hours. If I do not get in-topic confirmatory responses in a few days, I will seek to replace the stragglers. When I have a large amount of confirms, I will begin Day One.

Thanks for holding your interest in this game!

website | @tehpilot
06-23-2013, 01:29 PM
Insert interesting and original witty confirmatory response here.

what should I even put here
06-23-2013, 04:05 PM
Make "next few hours" into "next 24-48 hours"; some things came up and I couldn't get them all done tonight.

Confirm as you get 'em, folks. Preferably in quicktopic.

website | @tehpilot
06-27-2013, 02:58 AM
I'm going to go away tomorrow evening and won't be back until sunday evening. I'll probably be able to post with my with my phone but don't expect me to be the most active player around during that time.

(Also, I still haven't got mtten my role pm)
06-27-2013, 04:08 AM
You'll probably be more active than me. I only have around an hour of free time every day with no posting on Saturdays and a large time difference. I'll try to be as active as I can though.

[Image: tumblr_m89thxih7c1qesb9j.png][Image: tumblr_m89ti2qf1P1qesb9j.png][Image: tumblr_m89ti533mx1qesb9j.png][Image: tumblr_m89tieX3hv1qesb9j.png][Image: tumblr_m89tillJz41qesb9j.gif][Image: tumblr_m89tiqBWIY1qesb9j.gif][Image: tumblr_m3dyn8mGBA1qesb9j.gif]
06-27-2013, 04:48 AM
I'm a bit behind with role PMs (finals, band performances, etc.) although it seems some got lost in the intricacies of the PM system (says the recipient is N/A although some with that label are confirmed?)

If you haven't gotten your role PM by the time I announce I've sent all of them, please PM me so I can double-check it sent properly.

website | @tehpilot
06-27-2013, 02:34 PM (This post was last modified: 06-27-2013 02:43 PM by TehPilot.)
EVERYONE HAS BEEN SENT A QT/ROLE PM

THREE DAYS CONFIRMATION GRACE PERIOD BEFORE I START HUNTING THE NONCONFIRMERS.

I NEED REPLACEMENTS FOR INOX AND POTENTIALLY GLOOMYMORON SCOFFLES AND ANYONE ELSE. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED LET ME KNOW.

website | @tehpilot
06-27-2013, 02:42 PM
RE: [21/21] Radio Tower Mafia - Confirmation Station (and replacements too)
I'm here. :| Well, I would have been if the forum sent me Emails when I had PMs and people would think to poke me on MSPA. So I'm here. Now. For now. :|
06-29-2013, 12:53 PM (This post was last modified: 06-29-2013 01:49 PM by TehPilot.)
Fwee has replaced Scoffles

Still need one for inoxslot and dmabster slot. Everyone else appears to have read their role PM? Inoxslot gets filled and we begin.

... and at the eleventh hour, Mercerenies has replaced Inox.

We're all set!

Day One will begin tomorrow, June 29th, at 10AM EST.

website | @tehpilot
06-30-2013, 12:49 AM
I won't be home this weekend because I'm going to the beach. Sorry for the short notice.
06-30-2013, 01:49 AM
DAY ONE
A Red Dawn

Six in the morning. A cacophony of sound and noise goes off. The villagers, despite mounting protests against the scientists, had learned to operate on a definitive time schedule. Various musical stations began to sound off on their alarms. One particularly irritated villager was awoken by the wonderful tune of an aptly-named song.

As they gathered in the center of the village to initiate their morning routines, they met face-to-face with one of the lead scientists of UltraRich Corporation, walking into the village from a night of repairs on the radio tower.

"Morning, fellas," he chirps. "Got that alarm system running perfectly! I hope we've been able to improve your lives."

His comment was met with a group of angry responses from the villagers. "Yeah, I sure enjoy waking up at the crack of dawn," one particularly vitriolic villager snarled.

"Alright, listen," the scientist began. "I know you think we're here to destroy your way of life. We're not out to do that! We're trying to improve your lives - to, if we can, modernize you guys."

"I heard over the talking box that people tried to do that with another massive group of 'savages' and they're dying off now!" The crowd grew uneasy.

"Yeah, sure, and if we wanted to destroy you, we would've bombed this place when we arrived!" The scientist yells. "Watch, if I really wanted to, I could just flourish my hand like this and blow the whole damn place up!" He waves his hand in the air. "Boom! Everyone dies. Now see? Nothing happened when i-"

[Image: 250px-Operation_Upshot-Knothole_-_Badger_001.jpg]

A brilliant flash of light blinded everyone. A wave of heat and wind swept the village. As the air cleared, everyone saw a massive, rising cloud of white fire in the distance - a tell-tale sign of a nuclear detonation. Its origin unknown, the scientist immediately looked around for an answer, feeling trapped. One of the satellite dishes on the radio tower was flung off and smashed through the roof of a house - and the antennae at the top was visibly struck by an electromagnetic pulse.

As everyone's radios wildly cycled and the air cleared, the scientist desperately tried to call for UltraRich Corporation proper. "Richard, what the hell is going on? There was a nuclear detonation several miles northwest of here! The locals are all upset! I... Richard, are you there? Richard? Answer me!"

Only silence came through. Dead, unnerving silence. The radio tower had lost connection with headquarters. Certain to be attacked and without any way to call for assistance, the scientist fled to the tower as the stunned crowd regained their senses.

"They are out to destroy us," a voice rang. "And now we are to destroy them before they succeed."

"I think we need to start this right," another said. "Let's see if anyone here is funny enough to try and support these bloodlusting demons. We find them and we'll hang any traitorous scum from the statue of our village founder at sunset."

Resorting to a more classical way of elimination, the villagers prepared to weed out the spies and friends of the scientists before tearing them down by force. Of course, this would prove to be a little more difficult than they intended...

Since this forum isn't as active, I'll give Day One a little extra time so everyone can get in and say something.

Day One ends July 5th, 10PM EST (~160 hours from now).
With 21 alive, it takes 11 to lynch and 6 for softlynch.

website | @tehpilot
06-30-2013, 02:08 AM
RE: [21/21] Radio Tower Mafia - Day One: A Red Dawn
Only six for softlynch? *whistles*

Vote: Wiwaxia

DIE TREACHEROUS SCUM
06-30-2013, 02:10 AM
Lynch Palamedes.

This is not a random vote. We've played like 10 games together and been on the same team in like zero. I'm Town, so he must be Scum!

(Ok, yeah, this was actually a random vote. Even ignoring the fact that this is not how pattern recognition should be used in mafia, the above is probably a lie since I didn't bother to check if it's actually happened like that. But it sure does feel like it has.)
06-30-2013, 02:49 AM
Omg it's Oz.

Vote: Oz

Hello my nemesis.
06-30-2013, 03:35 AM
Vote Mercerenies because hot DAMN is that name difficult to spell. It has too many r's and e's for my liking.
Look at my name; 'Fwee'. Short and sweet. Also the wee sound is fun to make. :3

Also hi everyone! This is going to be my first game in a while, so lets hope I've been reading those guides well, right? I want to make sure Town wins this time and we don't end up with a shit ton of nillas at the end. >:C

Senparigatouguu