In Progress Dog Days (FE: Total War) - Non-nation players still accepted
11-23-2013, 03:57 AM
RE: Dog Days (FE: Total War) - Getting ready to start (potential nation slot left)
Who will I start close to?

The one, the only, Vancho!
11-23-2013, 04:03 AM
RE: Dog Days (FE: Total War) - Getting ready to start (potential nation slot left)
Well where are you travelling? You're not going to be too far from Mirrahm, but depending on directions you might still be in Losseringen, in one of its vassal states, or completely outside of it.
11-23-2013, 04:11 AM
Quote:Oh also for nations players, there's going to be one last (albeit relatively short) technical bit, mostly notes and stuff dedicated to a little bit of military works and tech you have available, as well as just general settings (like whether or not you want to opt out of battles). After that I don't think there'll be anything else.
When will you send this, considering that the game is apparently starting today and I still haven't gotten it.
11-23-2013, 04:14 AM
It comes with the first turn PM. Like I said it's nothing major, and definitely not stuff that you guys needed to worry about before gamestart so I just left it out (come on the OP was already like 5000-6000 words I didn't want to make it even worse).
11-23-2013, 04:18 AM
Not sure if I mentioned this, but for the sake of interest, I'd prefer to start somewhere other than Fanuon.
11-23-2013, 04:21 AM
And so, a new chapter on Feradil begins, and already it is promising to be one of ambition and chaos.

[Image: Turn%201.png]

The new year begins in a way perhaps fitting the coming times - with war and death throughout the land. In the west, The Petty Kingdom of Illiah lashes out, destroying the armies of its once-stronger neighbour Perd and capturing much of their land. In the east, the armies of Valensk have overrun the small mageocracy of Avaline, expanding both their power as well of that of the already daunting Losseringen. Arglwyddi Y Mor, in its own way, oppose such expansion by the occupation of a fort within what is proper Losseringian soil, though no conflict has come of it thus far. Meanwhile in between these two struggles, the decades long struggle between Faunon and Neunon looks like it might begin again, as forces mass along their borders for what will likely spell the end for the rebel state, and a handful of minor provinces fall to a collection of pirates and scoundrels claiming to be a nation in itself.

What other news there is is not promising in terms of maintaining the already fragile peace either. The long oppressed nation of Torth has discovered a site of great magical power, and has been pushing towards exploiting it in full. The mysterious northern nation of Lang-o has finally opened its borders to other nations after years of segregation after conquering several of the northern desert tribes, much to the chagrin of Losseringen who until now had a monopoly on spice - and on the other side of things Babel has become even more withdrawn as rumours of pirates and fell beasts pillaging more and more shipping in the area come forward. Finally, there are rumours that the dragons have returned, in the cesspit of Wrassu no less, and in combination with the usual handful of pirates, more shipping has been lost in the past few months along that coast then has been lost in the past decade.

Nation PMs going out first, Player PMs will be sent out some time after that.
12-26-2013, 09:27 AM
RE: Dog Days (FE: Total War) - Non-nation players still accepted
[Image: Turn%202.png]

As spring comes to a close the excitement of the year continues on. A diplomatic cease-and-desist from the Geraldric Impireacht, primarily supported by the Grand Duchy of Theodore, and accepted by Losseringen, halts Valensk from any further ambitions for the time despite the principality's objections. However, war has not escaped the world entirely, as in the east the two great empires of Losseringen and Arglwyddi mass troops along their borders over the claimed fort, while the many riders of Calea clash against the forces of Konda and overrun southern Bazan. In the islands, a desperate counterattack by Perd has failed to do more than stall Illiah's advance.

It is perhaps good news, or at the very least peaceful news, that Faunon and Neunon have as of yet failed to engage each other for what could be the last time, though word spreads that this is partially due to plans by the two nations, especially the smaller Neunon, to secure foreign assistance before resuming hostilities. In addition, with the surprising cessation of isolationist - and therefore peaceful, policies, the nation of Ozai has called for a meeting of the four desert nations, the details of which have been suspiciously absent.
01-07-2014, 11:33 AM
This is just a reminder to everyone to get things in. I'm extending the deadline due to the forum crash (obviously) but I'd rather not have this end up like Outer Space.

Oh, and for the single players: if you have sent me something but haven't gotten a response, it's probably because they were lost in the crash. I know that's the case for two of you. Nation players, I don't have anything from you so if you sent something you'll need to do so again.
01-15-2014, 12:07 AM
Character Name:Zalfor Joliam
Character Class: BERSERKER: Focuses on SPEED and STRENGTH. DEFENSE is LAUGHABLY LOW. Possibly include a passive ability which boosts speed and strength by 1/3-1/4 of lost hit points?
HP: 30
STR: 9
MAG: 0
SKL: 5
SPD: 9
DEF: 1
RES: 0
LUCK: 0
Move: 5
Constitution: 12
Aid: 11
Weapon Class: Axe E, Sword E
Hometown:Zeb sounds like it would be about right
Backstory:Zalfor was part of a small village, one which was the home to many excellent, if unknown, warriors. One such warrior was Zalfor's great-grandfather, who passed a tooth that supposedly had come from a demon down to his descendents. On the day that he recieved the tooth from his own father, *something* attacked the village. He still doesn't know what it was, only that it was black and before he got a better look, everything and everyone around him was burning.

Swords, arrows, claws, all these were things he could understand and shake off in a moment. But magic. Magic was not one of those things.

He did what any relatively sane man would do.

He turned and ran, ran as far away as he could.
01-20-2014, 03:24 PM
Alright so, nation players. I still haven't received half of the turn PMs (you know who you are), and I'd really like to get an update up by the end of this coming week at the latest. If you're going to need more time, please let me know, otherwise send in your turn or I'll be forced to update without everyone getting all their stuff in.

(Also, should I be sending these reminders via PM instead of posting in the thread?)
01-20-2014, 06:54 PM
Generally reminder pms work better
01-20-2014, 06:59 PM
Hiring hitmen works much better, though. Nothing reminds you of your obligations better than a .22 cal bullet to the skull! It's only lethal if it punches through! :D
01-21-2014, 12:17 AM (This post was last modified: 01-21-2014 12:17 AM by Raptarion.)
Galloglasses In This Tread Wrote:Generally reminder pms work better
Galloglasses in the last states game he ran Wrote:GET YER SHIT IN.
I don't know. I like past Galloglasses' method of poking people to get their turn actions in better. Much more hilarious.
01-21-2014, 07:47 AM
I think everyone should check their Sent Messages in case they've forgotten to send their turn PMs.
01-21-2014, 08:06 PM (This post was last modified: 01-22-2014 03:16 PM by BlazerC.)
(I was told to post this app here)

Character
Character Name: Verlari
Character Class: Knight
Hometown: Losseringen.

History: The first things one would notice about Verlari would be his tall, disciplined stance, worn armor and the fact that he almost never takes off his helmet. While he rarely speaks, when he does one could pick out a tone of grief in his voice. Verlari is also a bit of a perfectionist, often repeating daily actions or overly refining something just so they're just right.

Originally a soldier among the ranks of the Losseringen Kingdom, he was a notorious vanguard that was known among his peers for his refined skill with a spear and his somewhat scarily accurate knowledge of a man's vitals, something he still takes a lot of pride in.

However, one night after fighting off a couple of marauders, him and his fellow soldiers went to a pub to celebrate. After a few drinks too many, tempers flared and Verlari got in a fight with a soldier from Avakhnamal, while he did not start the brawl he certainly ended it when he stabbed his attacker in the neck. Fortunately, he wasn't hung for the murder on the grounds that he was simply defending himself, instead was stripped of his rank and expelled from the army for his lack of discipline.

Since then, he's been working as a hired sword and honing his skills, while having an almost unhealthy obsession with his past mistakes. He isn't open to new ideas, living by some bizarre life rules he made up and while he detests the idea of joining anyone else in his work, it certainly beats the less than legal activities he's been doing to make end's meat.

Sprites
[Image: Custom%20Mayor%20Sprite%203%20Final.png]

World Building
Not sure if 100% okay, but here we goooo

40 years ago, with the Scarlet King conquering the northern desert and most of the surrounding lands, nearby nations were beginning to grow weary and fearful, afraid that the King will turn his gaze towards them. As a precaution, the neighboring nations understandably began building up their military, should a response be needed. Nimh was one of them, given armor and uniforms, but with very few people to fill the suits of armor, they turned to what they knew best: Magic.

Conjuring souls and housing them in the hollow suits of armor, they created artificial life, super soldiers, that require no weapons, no nutrition, no rest. Called Golems, they could imbue themselves with great power with the Spirit Stones they held, rumors had it they can pummel soldiers and walls to dust with their fists alone. 100 of the Golem kind was created for what looked like an upcoming war.

But the war never came, with the Scarlet King's sudden disappearance, the Golems were left without a purpose. Fearing what they had done could be considered Taboo, they banished the Golems from their land and struck their creation from their records. Now Golems wander around the continent aimlessly, searching for some kind of belonging in this world.

Golems are still sighted today, almost always alone. Even though they are rare with so few numbers, they make no effort to conceal themselves, often popping up at curious events or stumbling into cities. They are mostly passive, only fighting when they deem it necessary, but people can't help but be unnerved by the massive, walking husks of armor.
01-22-2014, 07:16 AM
Looks solid to me. Gonna rule that golems, especially the super obvious ones, are occaisionally either attacked by superstitious and/or terrified peasants, or by soldiers after they were pressed into or refused to join countries' militaries. So most surviving ones either live by, or at least keep to, themselves or otherwise make sure to move on from town to town quickly before anything can go badly. Obviously exceptions exist, but I'm hoping now nobody's planning to say they had an immortal golem legion from the getgo d: .

Update incoming tonight hopefully, since everyone who's still around has gotten stuff in.
01-22-2014, 08:19 AM
Sorry for not responding when the update came, I got shut off sometime and then the forums crashed when we did get internet. Heres to hoping this game goes well.
01-23-2014, 11:59 AM
[Image: Turn%203.png]

Action in the east slows down while it picks up in the west. Perd's last defences fall to Illiah's assault and now have but a fraction of their kingdom remaining, while the riders of Calea storm through the capital of Bazan and raid the king's chamber itself. Diplomatically, the Impireacht has signed two significant deals, the first being with Babel and Quinns to regulate trading between the two mainland states and the central island nation, and the second is a rather imposing defensive alliance between them, Theodore, and Kotek.

Meanwhile, rumours continue to spread that Teremynt is selling pegasi to any willing to match their prices, which could quickly lead to an influx of nations with aerial capabilities, and such rumours also speak of a secret alliance forged by Neunon and the the desert nations out of some hope that they might outnumber, overpower, and thereby counter Faunon's military supremacy. Still others claim that the desert nations met over the invasion of Konda by Calea, but as it is all of these rumours are still unfounded.

Quick note while it's relevant: Notice that Bazan is crossed with Calean lines due to being taken over, while Perd straight up just lost territory to Illiah. This is because while in the latter case it was an actual invasion for land and all that, Calea is simply invading Bazan and taking all of their stuff and have made no effort to actually make it part of their lands.
01-26-2014, 06:57 PM
(Clear out your inbox, Pala!)
01-27-2014, 10:21 AM
Sorry, it's been taken care of.
02-28-2014, 08:10 AM
[Image: Turn%204.png]

As winter began to fall, all signs would point to a bloody new year. Teremynt and Gennem were pulled into the struggle between Perd and Illiah (joining on each side respectively), turning the main island in the western chain into all but an all-out warzone. On the continent, it is rumored that the Duke of Bazan's family managed to flee the capital city when the Calean hordes rode out to fight a Losseringen force approaching them. While they were still victorious, it is only a matter of time before Losseringen brings about it's full might... or is it? Instead of riding west, many of the central empire's troops still are positioned along the border with Arglwyddi, who have massed their own troops as well. Finally, the kingdom of Faunon finally marched on its rival nation again, and after a long and bloody battle now control the southwest of Neunon up to its capital and preparing for a final strike.

Outside of the wars, there is big news for the magical community - it is said that not only has the mage tower in Torth been constructed, but another tower over a nexus in the north of the Geraldric Impireacht has been finished as well, using their much larger and richer nation's resources to catch up to Torth's construction. Finally, more rumours are abound about the secret meetings of the desert nations, a large warfleet sailing west against the Brigands Alliance, and tensions rising between Hantal and Koteg in the far northwest.
03-01-2014, 05:09 PM
The bar was dingy, and noisy, like every bar. But not as noisy as it might have been. Most of the people were crowded around a single chair, where a ragged, scared-looking man was seated.

“So there I was, on my way into town when I heard a big commotion down on the shore. I rushed to investigate and I saw it was the entire anti-pirate brigade kicking up a fuss. They'd cornered some pirates outside a village therabouts. It was only the scoundrel captain and a few of his men, you’da think they’d be goners, but these ones weren’t going down without a fight. The head officer told them to surrender, but he just laughed. A blood curdling laugh, like a demon it was. The army attacked, stabbed the Gods out of the captain every which way, but he just shrugged it off. He didn’t feel a bit of it.

Like I said, demon.

So then, it’s the pirates’ turn to lay to, and believe me they started swinging. Like they were cutting grass, it was. Took them hours, but eventually it was only me there, facing down that evil stare…

From a distance of course. I wouldn’t be stupid enough to get close to that fiend! I ran away! I had to live, otherwise who would have raised the alarm, right? Betcha didn’t think of that, captain! Hahahah!”

He made a rasping, sound and someone put a drink in front of him.

"Anyway, the last thing I heard before I ran off to alert the army was that they were headed here next! Those pirates are gonna tear down our walls and burn this place to the ground! So lock up your family, bury your valuables and say your prayers!”

The bar was silent.

With that, he got up abruptly staggered out the door and into the cold street. He could still feel the chill breeze, which meant he wasn’t drunk enough yet. He’d need at least two or three more bars of freebies before he’d be able to forget about what he had seen.
03-03-2014, 06:52 AM
((use pms not posts))
03-03-2014, 07:27 AM
((No, he can weave drunken stories I'd reckon. I'd ask pala.))

Working Name: Anarkismo
03-03-2014, 09:49 AM
Yup, it's allowed. You can post pretty much whatever you want in here, especially if you think it'd be something that people would hear about, like Denizen's character murdering a bunch of soldiers and fleeing into the night. If you're not sure, feel free to PM me and ask, and unless I pop into the main thread correcting something assume it's all okay.
03-05-2014, 02:03 AM
Has anyone heard anything from Medic? He hasn't posted in these forums since the 17th of February. We may need to find a replacement for him.
03-05-2014, 02:37 AM
Medic vanishes from time to time, but so far has responded to the game every turn before any warnings have been given out. Given that, I am not eager to immediately seek his replacement.
03-13-2014, 06:04 AM
I will be away from Friday to late Sunday. I'll try to get my stuff done before then but if I can't it will take some time before you will get it.
04-10-2014, 06:50 AM
So I'm just about finished with all the stuff stopping me from getting a new computer and getting back to stuff, but I'm a little concerned that in having such a long hiatus this might have met the same fate as Outer Space (or Munda Nova, or other actually good games). Namely, I want to know if anyone's still actually interested in getting back to playing, or if this is just basically dead and there's no point in wasting everyone's time pretending it isn't.

Send me a PM saying whether or not you're still up for this, and if at least a few are I'll hopefully get an update out within a week (of knowing). If I don't hear from anyone I'll assume they're no longer interested.