ALCHEMY CCG
11-02-2013, 02:50 PM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2013 12:26 PM by insanityIncarnate.)
ALCHEMY CCG
[Image: %21Logo.png]
Alchemy CCG is a card game with a twist.
While many card games work with you collecting progressively better cards, Alchemy, in theory, has every card in the game at your disposal from the start.
Because, you see, in Alchemy, you are capable of fusing your cards together to create entirely new ones!

RULES: GAMEPLAY:
OBJECTIVE
  • The object of Alchemy is to defeat your opponent(s). There are a few ways this can be done.
  1. If you are the only player remaining in the game, you win by default.
  2. Each player starts the game with 10000HP. Reducing a player's HP to 0 eliminates them from the game.
  3. If a player has no cards remaining in their deck and is required to draw a card, they are eliminated from the game.
  4. There may, at a later date, be card with potentially game-winning effects. Fulfilling these effects guarantees your victory over all other conditions.
  5. There may also be effects that prevent losing the game. If a conflict between a game-winning effect and loss-preventing effect does occur, the loss-preventing effect will be the one to prevail unless otherwise stated on the cards.

CARDS
  • Players each have decks of 40 to 60 cards.
  • During the start of each of their turns, players draw cards until they have 5 cards in their hand.
  • A player's hand size may exceed 5 by means of a card effect.
  • If a player has more than 7 cards in their hand at the beginning of their turn, they must discard cards until they have only 7 cards in their hand.
  • Once per turn, players may play cards from their hand on the field within a 3x3 grid centered on their Alchemist.
  • Players may play more than a single card from their hand when placing cards. If this is done, the cards will attempt to fuse.
  • Playing cards costs LVP. (See Card Levels)

FUSION
  • When playing more than a single card from their hand, players must order those cards. The cards will then be fused to each other in the order given. For example, a player who orders cards A, B and C in that order would fuse A and B, and the product of A and B would be fused with C.
  • In the event that combined cards cannot be fused, their effects will be checked to see if they can apply to each other. If this is the case, the card with the applied effect will typically be consumed, and the resulting card will be placed on the field. For example, if cards A and B were fused, but card B altered card A in some way, card B would be consumed and the altered card A would be placed.
  • In the event that two cards neither fuse nor effect each other, the card with the higher number in the order will replace the lower numbered card. This applies to all cards, including fused and altered cards, so be careful. For example, if cards A and B fused, but C was incompatible with the product of A and B, only C would be played.
  • If an altered card is fused, the alteration does not carry over to the product. For example, if card A is altered by card B, and the altered card A fused with card C, the product of card A and C is not altered by card B's effect unless specifically stated on card B.
  • All cards consumed in these processes are sent to the graveyard. (See Graveyard). This includes fused cards. For example, if card A and card B were fused, and the product of cards A and B were fused with card C, cards A, B and C, as well of the product of cards A and B would be in the graveyard.
  • Also note that a fused card will have a level equal to the combined levels of the cards it was fused from.

THE FIELD
  • The field is a 9x9 grid that Alchemists and Cards move around on.
  • The field is typically default terrain. However, it is possible to alter the field's terrain through use of terrain cards.
  • Both Alchemists and other cards can move a single space horizontally or vertically on the field once per turn.
  • If a card [or possibly Alchemist] is empowered by the terrain it is on, it may instead move 2 spaces.
  • There may be some terrain types that cannot be traversed except by special conditions.

THE GRAVEYARD
  • Cards go to the graveyard when destroyed by effects, activated, fused, consumed, sacrificed, overridden or in some cases when their HP reaches 0.
  • Cards in the graveyard cannot be used or altered.
  • It is possible to remove cards from the graveyard by card effect.
  • In addition, some cards may have effects that activate upon entering or while in the graveyard.

CARD ELEMENTS
  • All cards have 2 small icons inside circles in the top left and top right corners.
  • The icon in the top left is the primary element. The icon in the top right is the secondary element.
  • A card's elements effect what kind of cards and terrains will effect it.

CARD TYPES
  • A card's type can be a number of things. Different types of cards behave differently.
  • Creature cards can move around whether face-up or face-down. They are able to attack other structures, Alchemists and other creatures that are adjacent to them on the field.
  • Structure cards can move, but only while face-down. Structure cards cannot attack directly, and rely on effects.
  • Element cards can move while face-up or face-down. Most element cards are only able to empower cards, but some have other uses.
  • Event cards can move while face-down normally. Moving while face-up will cause them to activate at the end of the move. Event cards are consumed when activated, and are single-use effects.
  • Equipment cards can move while face-up or face-down. They are almost always empowering-only cards.
  • Enchantment cards can only move while face-down. Enchantment cards typically empower other cards.
  • Terrain cards can move while face-down normally. Moving while face-up will cause them to activate at the end of the move. Terrain cards, when activated, cause the surrounding 2-space area to become terrain with the listed effects.
  • Trigger cards can move while face-up or face-down. Trigger cards activate in response to certain conditions being met.
  • Constant cards can move while face-up or face-down. However, they can no longer move after activation. Constant cards do not go to the graveyard after activation. Constant cards typically have a passive effect, or otherwise activate every turn or under certain conditions.
  • It is possible for a card to have multiple types.
  • Other types may eventually be added to this list.

THE ALCHEMIST
  • The Alchemist is your avatar.
  • They start with 10000HP and cannot attack.
  • The Alchemist instead relies on playing cards.
  • The Alchemist may place 1 card per turn in a 3x3 radius around themselves.
  • If your Alchemist's HP reaches 0 you lose.
  • Experienced Alchemists may gain additional skills.

GETTING NEW CARDS
  • True to the spirit of things, in Alchemy you will literally build your own deck.
  • At the end of the game, the winner will receive 3 random cards selected from a pool of all the lowest level cards they fused during that game.
  • It is possible that you will end up with duplicates of the same card, especially if few cards of that level were fused.
  • The loser(s) also receive one such card.
  • You may also receive cards through events if this actually goes on for long enough.

CARD LEVELS
  • Card levels determine what cards you may receive at the end of a match, as well as the overall power of a card.
  • A higher lever typically means a more powerful card.
  • However, there is a drawback to higher lever cards in that played cards cost level points, or LVP.
  • Players gain 3 LVP every turn. There is no cap on LVP.
  • A card costs its level in LVP to play.
  • If multiple cards are played at once, the card with the highest level is the LVP cost of playing those cards.

RULES: MECHANICS:
  • I'll be keeping track of all decks and cardlists.
  • Cards will be PM'd.
  • The board will be public. Cards will be colour coded to show ownership.
  • Games will be 1v1, 4-way free-for, or a team deathmatch with equal teams of up to (and there's no way it will happen) 9 players.
  • You don't have to do everything in one post, but it's faster that way.
  • Actions will be carried out in the order you mention them.
  • You MUST order your cards when playing more than one at once. If you don't provide an order, I'm going to assume it's the order you mention them.
  • In the event that you do not submit a command for a period of longer than 4 days without a reason provided, your turn will be skipped.
  • To prevent eternal stalemates, unwinnable games and most games that go beyond 100 turns will be terminated. In this case, the player with the most HP wins.

Now, there are two ways this could go, depending on you guys' preference. It could go the simple game-after-game type way of an actual card game with perhaps the occasional tourney, or we could throw caution to the wind and make this an RPG of sorts. Think Yu-Gi-Oh type plot and you folks get characters instead of playing as yourselves.

Either way, you're all starting with a 42 card deck that consists of 10 copies of each Basic Element - Earth, Water, Fire, Air - and a single copy of two other, more unique/powerful cards - Void and Time.

If you go RPG, matches will be freeform to start off with, but if you go traditional you'll be set up in a tourney upon signup. Either way, you'll get a feel for the game soon enough.

Best of luck
-iI

P.S.
If there's anything in the rules you're confused about, or you think I may have left out, please do mention it and I'll clear it up.
11-03-2013, 01:24 AM
RE: ALCHEMY CCG
I am confused about whether or not we need to create cards, but the Yū-Gi-Ō!-style RPG sounds fun.

(Also, fun fact: apparently, the japanese name has stars in-between the characters, like this : 遊☆戯☆王)

The one, the only, Vancho!
11-03-2013, 02:07 AM
I want to sign up for this. Is that a thing I can do? And I'd prefer traditional, because fighting in a tournament sounds like a BLAST.
11-03-2013, 02:11 AM
so... it's Yugioh: Duelist of the Roses without the yugioh? Cool, I'm in. and I'd say let's do a bit of free-form until we have enough people for the tourney, but having characters and actually progressing would be fun. Also, are the copies just the same crad? Or is it like Duelist of the Roses where it's like Fire knight + earth dragon = meteor dragon?
11-03-2013, 02:17 AM
Actually, the fusion concept reminds me of that one PS1 game, the shadow memories one... You'd have a hand of five, draw til you had five each turn, and you could fuse a bunch of weak monsters to get some powerhouses. One of my favorites was an easy one, a Rock type monster combined with the Scroll of Dragon to get the D Stone Dragon, a monster with around 2200 attack! Fusion is also a thing I love in general, so this'll be FUN.
11-03-2013, 02:19 AM
yeah, but that concept was carried over to Roses, the sequal to Shadow Memories, and was more of a strategy RPG.
11-03-2013, 02:28 AM
I'll express some interest, and maybe suggest some freeform matches first, just to understand how the game works before we do any tournaments.
11-03-2013, 02:56 AM
Ah, was it? I don't have War of the Roses anymore, but I do remember it being pretty fun. Hmmm.... I wonder what kind of deck I'll use...
11-04-2013, 05:28 AM
huh i might join this. I like games like this.
11-05-2013, 09:47 AM
Yup, you guys got it. It's heavily inspired by both Forbidden Memories and Duelists of the Roses, which both kicked ass. Took some slight twists and a tad of inspiration from games such as doodle god and wham. Wound up with this.

You fellas can go ahead and organize some matches between yourselves as a test run if you wish.
11-05-2013, 10:05 AM
Well in that case....

SWAMPMIST, I CHALLENGE YOU!
11-05-2013, 10:13 AM
BIRD I CHALLENGE YOU

dC Wrote:donut is A FILTHY TRAITOR unreliable
11-05-2013, 10:24 AM
I um, sign up for this.

... if that makes sense.
11-05-2013, 12:20 PM
WELP. What time are we fighting? And how the hell do we battle if we have no monster cards?
11-05-2013, 12:37 PM
ok donut then when are we fighting? also swamp i think II is going to supply us if not i have a few cards laying around...
11-05-2013, 12:42 PM
no, like, he said we have a bunch of element cards, but those can't attack. Are we just doing a "First one to draw their super element" Wins kinda scenario?
11-05-2013, 12:50 PM
ah. yeah i dono...
oh hey let's make this a four way free for all!
11-05-2013, 12:50 PM
Whenever we get messaged the starting set! You can go first, unless you guys wanna hace a team battle? I'll take Bird if we do.
11-05-2013, 12:52 PM
I say we do 1 v 1 testing first, because that's what we need to make sure works ;P
11-05-2013, 12:58 PM
oh yeah thats a good idea.
11-05-2013, 01:04 PM
Team battle after?
11-05-2013, 01:06 PM
yes.
11-05-2013, 01:10 PM
Should probably think of a character for this now... I'll probably be most like Joey, relyonf on my stubborness and luck.
11-05-2013, 01:10 PM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2013 01:20 PM by Swampmist1142.)
sure, we just need actually usable cards first ;)
EDIT: Also, I'm totally the one who at first just does random shit with the fusions, but by week 2 I'll have all my good fusions memorized :)
11-05-2013, 02:41 PM
I challenge whoever is available to fight! FOR GREAT JUSTICE!

11-05-2013, 02:48 PM
I will take you on!

... if that makes sense.
11-05-2013, 03:17 PM
Okay! Game on!

So... do we create cards, or what?

11-05-2013, 05:52 PM
I challenge a random person to a game of Table Stickball. Or whatever game this is.

(P.S., I suck at card games and I gave up on MtG and Yu-Gi-Oh. But I'll give this a shot. Also, if we're doing the role-playing thing, then my character is an eccentric who didn't understand anything that's going on)

[Image: tumblr_m89thxih7c1qesb9j.png][Image: tumblr_m89ti2qf1P1qesb9j.png][Image: tumblr_m89ti533mx1qesb9j.png][Image: tumblr_m89tieX3hv1qesb9j.png][Image: tumblr_m89tillJz41qesb9j.gif][Image: tumblr_m89tiqBWIY1qesb9j.gif][Image: tumblr_m3dyn8mGBA1qesb9j.gif]
11-06-2013, 12:08 PM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2013 12:23 PM by insanityIncarnate.)
MATCH 1:
FELIX SPARKS VS SWAMP MIST

[Image: 0.png]
First-Time Alchemist Felix Sparks
10000HP
First-Time Alchemist Swamp Mist
10000HP

MATCH 2:
IVOR CANHAS DONUT VS "THE LIFE BIRD"

First-Time Alchemist Ivor Canhas Donut
10000HP
First-Time Alchemist "The Life Bird"
10000HP

MATCH 3:
VANCHO "THE ONE" VS CHRISTOPHER CLARK

First-Time Alchemist Vancho "The One"
10000HP
First-Time Alchemist Christopher Clark
10000HP

All hands PM'd.
Note, the player on top of the board makes the first move!
And please PM your actions so as not to give your cards away to the other player. Unless you actually want to play an open-hand game. Then whatever.
Oh, and if you want a different name/avatar/title speak up.
(All card art by me, yay. :3)

P.S. I'm not keeping track of LVP until someone gets a card that actually means I might have to keep track of LVP.
I.E. at least LV6 or something.

P.P.S. I'm thinking that a 3v3 match could also work, so I'm gonna go edit that now.
11-06-2013, 12:30 PM
i didint get my hand
11-06-2013, 12:34 PM
um... I didn't get mine... Also, my character's name is Ian Tonuko
11-06-2013, 12:40 PM
oh and change my characters name is life the bird.
11-06-2013, 12:47 PM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2013 12:48 PM by ChrisClark13.)
No hand showed up for me either...

Also people calling me Christopher is a pet peeve of mine, so could you change it to "Christian Clark" instead? (And yes that's my real name.)

... if that makes sense.
11-06-2013, 10:02 PM
I'll place an air card on E2, followed by a fire card on E2!

11-06-2013, 11:53 PM
Oh yeah, placing that card (You know the one) on E2

11-07-2013, 12:50 AM
Oops, forgot to say I'm putting mine on E2.
11-07-2013, 01:05 AM
ok donut i guess we'er doing a open hand game.
still didint get my hand and i know my inbox is empty. i cleared it out.
11-07-2013, 04:33 AM
I got my hand.

11-07-2013, 11:11 AM
good for you but i dont :L
11-07-2013, 11:19 AM
yeah, neither do I...
11-07-2013, 11:59 AM
It could just be that its not your turn, and you'll get your hand then.
11-07-2013, 12:17 PM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2013 12:28 PM by insanityIncarnate.)
No problemo on name changes.
You three guys didn't get your hands yet, as it wasn't your turn and I was too tired to bother.
But hey, you get them now, instead! Progress!

Also, things I may have forgotten to mention: You may move your Alchemist, you may move them before or after playing a card and you may move cards on the turn they are played.

MATCH 1:
FELIX SPARKS VS IAN TONUKO

[Image: 1.png]
Felix fuses two cards.
[Image: %21%21%21%21%21%21%21Fusion.gif]
The resulting card is placed on space E2.

First-Time Alchemist Felix Sparks
10000HP
Field
[Image: %21Cardback.png]x1 (E2)
Graveyard
[Image: Earth.png][Image: Void.png]

First-Time Alchemist Ian Tonuko
10000HP

MATCH 2:
IVOR CANHAS DONUT VS LIFE "THE BIRD"

Ivor fuses two cards.
[Image: %21%21%21%21%21%21%21Fusion.gif]
The resulting card is placed on tile E2.

First-Time Alchemist Ivor Canhas Donut
10000HP
Field
Graveyard
[Image: Air.png][Image: Fire.png]

First-Time Alchemist Life "the Bird"
10000HP

MATCH 3:
VANCHO "THE ONE" VS CHRISTIAN CLARK

Vancho places a single card on tile E2!

First-Time Alchemist Vancho "The One"
10000HP
Field

First-Time Alchemist Christian Clark
10000HP

Aaaaaaaaand the Lancastrians arbitrarily labled red team are go!
And you guys are totally a team now.
(not really)
11-07-2013, 12:47 PM
*slams his cards on the playing field aggressively*

... if that makes sense.
11-07-2013, 12:54 PM
I'd like to change my character's name to Gregory English, and I'd like to have him play his cards with a wry smile.
11-07-2013, 01:18 PM
"Well english, I don't know what the hell you just made, but it shant help you defeat me!"
11-07-2013, 01:20 PM
"You're a bit quick to the draw there, Ian. Every card is useful, even if you can't see it. Oh, and let's be sure to exchange combination lists after the match, yeah? It's the best way to build our library."
11-07-2013, 01:22 PM
"Oh, of course! Also, did you hear about the tournaments that are coming up? Because I thought I heard about a team-one, not sure if it's quite true or not though..."
(We should do a double battle tourney.)
11-07-2013, 01:26 PM
*plays card(s) with a poker face*
11-07-2013, 01:29 PM
(I concur whole heartedly.)
"I didn't! We should sign up, and clean house!"
11-07-2013, 01:36 PM
"Aw yeah! Plus, maybe we can get some cards that can actually attack! Because, seriously, 10 fires doesn't even kill someone I don't think."