Links to images in spoilers do not seem to work.
04-09-2013, 04:23 PM
Links to images in spoilers do not seem to work.
As seen below.

Was this done on purpose to avoid obnoxiousness? Is that retroactively the case now that I have suggested it? Is it just this one picture, or pictures from Tumblr that don't work? And if none of these are true, can it be fixed?

Thank you for your time.

[Image: g4osirL.jpg]
04-09-2013, 04:28 PM (This post was last modified: 04-09-2013 04:29 PM by Chocolate Pi.)
RE: Links to images in spoilers do not seem to work.
Interesting, let's see:

[Image: Nicolas_Cage.jpg]

nic cage is a good actor

nic cage is a good great actor

[Image: tgvv.jpg]

Seems to work?

[Image: tumblr_me7z57F9oS1rxzaoho1_1280.png]

[Image: tumblr_me7z57F9oS1rxzaoho1_1280.png]
04-09-2013, 04:38 PM
I'm very sorry; I don't know what was wrong with me when I typed that.

Though maybe it's good I did; now we know images in spoilers work.

Seriously though; I actually meant inside signatures. I'm so sorry for the confusion.

04-09-2013, 04:46 PM
(04-09-2013 04:38 PM)AProcrastinatingWriter Wrote:  Seriously though; I actually meant inside signatures. I'm so sorry for the confusion.

Call me an old fuddy-duddy who doesn't like signatures in the first place, but images in signatures always struck me as obnoxious and pointless, kinda like bumper stickers that makes me have to scroll more. Is it ever really necessary to post an image every time you post?

Regardless, I've changed the setting to 10 images per signature.

That said, I'll have to implement something to put a cap on signature height. Because come on, let's get real here guys. 190 pixels? C'mon.
04-09-2013, 05:12 PM (This post was last modified: 04-09-2013 05:13 PM by AProcrastinatingWriter.)
I still don't think it's working. And a height limit of 150 pixels seems sound to me. I'm aware that'd kill my own signature as it currently stands (or rather should be standing) but like I said it seems sound.

Also "Guys"? I was the only one wanting this...right?

EDIT: Oh hey it does work! And it...scrolls inside the signature? Okay then.

04-09-2013, 05:16 PM
The current signature policy is "do whatever you want, but it will auto-scroll past 100 pixels." This number may be adjusted later.
04-10-2013, 03:21 AM
In the mspa forums, what a lot of us tended to do was put our whole signature in one big spoiler. It achieves the purpose of having a large, sizeable signature (look at beruru's, for example, its full of a huge amount of quotes!) without having the "bumper sticker" effect CPI is talking about.

(To be honest though, after a while, i just disabled signatures from the forum because, well, I'm not a fan.)