In Progress Demigodhood: Return to Nur - FINALE [IC]
02-10-2014, 09:56 AM (This post was last modified: 04-28-2014 04:08 AM by WillyDeWulfe.)
Demigodhood: Return to Nur - FINALE [IC]
OOC Chat goes in the OOC Thread!

DEMIGODHOOD TRIALS: RETURN TO NUR

-----

TURN 0
The sky of planet Nur lit up as the demigods arrived, highlighting the cracks that made their way through the universe like spiderwebs.

Something kept on sleeping.

Another Being looked out of hundreds of eyes and saw a chance to regain what their progenitor had lost.

The Third growled to himself, "For fuck's sake, I thought I was done with this shit"

-----

Elmund arrived at Point M, standing tall upon the mountainous plateau. The sun reflected off his magnificent scaly muscles as he took in the sights. In front of him and down the mountain he could see what looked like a massive Dust cloud whipping about what may have been a desert. Further down the mountain range to Elmund's side was what appeared to be a Waterfall; it could be a refreshing place to rinse of the sweat after a good workout.

Elmund turned around to find a massive glass dome. Looking through the glass he could see what appeared to be some sort of city, though he didn't see any mortals walking around and no lights were on.

There was a doorway into the glass dome in front of him, but it was far too small for the titanic martial artist to fit through. Looking around to the back, he finds what appear to be loading docks. There doors have been left open as if someone left in a hurry and Elmund could probably squeeze in this way.

The food here is scarce, so Elmund will receive half act gain next turn if he doesn't find something to eat! (not that it matters since he's not gaining any acts now anyway)

-----

Shutterfly had arrived at Point F flitting through the trees and enjoying the way the sun reflected off its wings.

The butterfly got the feeling that it was being watched and after looking down at the ground noticed a scaly reptilian man-shaped creature holding a sphere and looking up at the demigod.

Lizard Man: "Pretty bug…"

-----

Carn entered the universe at Point S staring at a Smoking pool of Magma that had been drilled into the ground by some force. He clutched a wooden pole in his scaly claws, much like the sticks littering the ground in the nearby forests. The main difference was that this pole had been scorched and seemed in some way…familiar.

Caw!

???: "Hoppy Schmidt! Is that a komodan?"

???: "What, like those things in the history books?"

???: "Yeah, but I thought we left them all behind on Nocter. I remember them being pretty dangerous, though I think they gained some intelligence and stopped being total animals before we abandoned that universe. We might be able to communicate"

Carn looks up from the pool of Magma to see five round orange creatures bobbing up and down in the Smoke. A long forgotten memory registers in the komodan's brain. Shimps.

Caw!

Roosting in the trees surrounding the clearing Carn had found himself in were a few red birds with golden wings and shining metallic talons. They eyed the komodan menacingly, daring him to make a move. Flavians.

Shimp: "Err…hello? Can you understand us?"

The food here is scarce, so Carn will receive half act gain next turn if he doesn't find something to eat! (not that it matters since he's not gaining any acts now anyway)

-----

Dynama found herself at Point X. Most of the area is filled with sickly looking trees, but a little ways through the storm whelp finds a clearing.

Floating at the center of the clearing is a solid mass of pure shadows. As Dynama approaches the object, she notices the air getting much colder. The forest seems oddly still, as if holding its breath in anticipation.

The food here is scarce, so Dynama will receive half act gain next turn if she doesn't find something to eat! (not that it matters since she's not gaining any now acts anyway)

-----

Childreni appeared at Point A. The land had been plowed into neat rows of crops by the hands of skilled workers. Looking around, the childish demigod saw short creatures in robes going about their work industriously.

One of the robed creatures approached Childreni holding a piece of fruit in an outstretched hand. The being's fingers seemed to be more claw than skin and its joints seemed to be connected together by sinew.

As the creature drew near it suddenly jumped as if something surprising had happened, then it began to stumble around and bit and proceeded to fall flat on its face. As it did, the hood flew off revealing the skeletal face of some sort of Zombie Rodent!

Strangely, Childreni felt somewhat apathetic about this whole thing. Zombie rodents? No big deal. It was then that he noticed the man slouched beside the nearby teepee.

-----

Arktos was also at Point A slouching as he usually did. He was standing beside a teepee that looked pretty ancient and these hooded things were walking around working like chumps to grow food.

One of the hooded creatures approached him with a piece of fruit in its disgusting zombie rodent hand. As it drew closer, it started slouching like Arktos and slowed down until it gave up on walking and decided to lay down on the ground and sleep.

The demigod of apathy also saw some kid nearby with another one of the zombie rats fallen at his feet. Whatever.

-----

EVENT
Nothing yet, the demigods have only just arrived!

-----

MAP OF NUR
[Image: Nur-Map.gif]

-----

CURRENT ACTS
Elmund: 5
Shutterfly: 5
Carn: 5
Dynama: 5
Childreni: 5
Arktos: 5

ACT CHANGE
Elmund: +5, -0
Shutterfly: +5, -0
Carn: +5, -0
Dynama: +5, -0
Childreni: +5, -0
Arktos: +5, -0
02-10-2014, 10:00 AM
RE: Demigodhood: Return to Nur - Turn 0
Dynama was quite curious about this shadowy thing. Still, it's never wise to just walk up and touch things. Preparing a Hailstone, she launched the chunk of ice at the solidified darkness, intending only to clip the edge.
02-10-2014, 10:23 AM
RE: Demigodhood: Return to Nur - Turn [IC]
Whatever. That's a really overused animal. Undead? Really? Lame.
Artkos makes the undead rodent unundead.(1 act)

dC Wrote:donut is A FILTHY TRAITOR unreliable
02-10-2014, 10:39 AM
Elmund gazes upon the huge dome and thinks to himself 'This construct must have been really tedious to build. Perhaps I could find a worthy opponent here'. Elmund walks up to the door, curls his hand into a fist and casually strikes the dome a couple times shouting "Knock Knock! Anybody home?"
02-10-2014, 11:33 AM
Stumbling slightly as he suddenly comes into existance, Carn utters a surprised "What?", looking around in confusion as the things start talking. Ignoring them, he raises his leathery hands as if seeing them for the first time, which wasnt far off, actually.

At last realizing that the... shimps? were talking about him, he quickly gives a formal bow, folding his hands in front of him. "Honored creatures." He says. "I do not suppose you would be willing to tell me what this place is, or how i come to be here?"
02-10-2014, 11:36 AM
Childreni notices the slouching stranger. "Heya mister! What's your..!" He suddenly grows apathetic. "Why do I care... ugh." He starts petting the undead rat.. thing.. that dropped at his feet while awaiting some conversation.
02-10-2014, 11:41 AM
My name is Arktos. Not that it actually matters. This entire setup is just boring. These animals are also quite dull and uninteresting.

02-10-2014, 11:51 AM
Childreni nods. "Agreed mister. Who cares about these rodents?" He then kicks the rodent he was petting over to him. "Lets get out of here, mister..." Childreni adds, "And find some other stuff to do." The child attempts to smile but he can't just bring himself to do it.
02-10-2014, 11:53 AM
Whatever.

02-10-2014, 11:58 AM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2014 12:06 PM by WillyDeWulfe.)
TURN 0-Mini Update

Carn talks to the Shimps.

Shimp: "Oh good, it's not an animal"

Another Shimp: "Anyway, you're on planet Nur. We haven't explored much out of this area, so we can't tell you much. We only got to this universe a few days ago ourselves. We've needed to stay close to the ash coming off the Magma to feed, so we can't travel too far off from here. We've mostly been collecting biological samples and making sure we know as much as we can about this place before we do anything too reckless.

As for how you got here, I don't know. Probably some form of dimensional travel since I'm guessing you came from Nocter? Why don't you know how you got here?"

-----

Elmund knocks on the dome, causing a reverberating echo within the fishbowl. After a few moments, a scaly reptilian man comes out of hiding and starts yelling and shaking his fist at the demigod. Elmund can't hear what he's saying though, he'd have to go inside the dome.
02-10-2014, 12:06 PM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2014 09:40 PM by MedicInDisquise.)
"See ya, I guess. Ugh." Childreni picks up the (dead?) animal and fruit. He then decides to walk into one of the Teepees, and find something better to do. Not like he wants to, anyways.
02-10-2014, 12:10 PM
"Nur?" he says. "I dont..."

He trails off, blinking in confusion. "I dont know." he finishes, after a while. And he didnt; the last he remembered was the explosion, after that was only oblivion, and then suddenly, now.

He did remember something else, though. "You left Nocter? How long ago?"
02-10-2014, 12:16 PM
Elmund looks at the reptilian man, leans his head in a bit and puts his hand to his ear to signify that he cannot hear what is being said. Even if the door isn't actually large enough for Elmund to enter through, he should still be able to hear things from inside if the door were open. Elmund takes the obvious action of attempting to open the door, applying a modicum of force if need be but not -deliberately- trying to smash it down. At least not yet.
02-10-2014, 12:26 PM
TURN 0-Mini Update

Carn continues talking with the Shimps.

Another Shimp: "I don't know, several months at least. Maybe a little over a year, not that that means much. The flow of time is pretty unpredictable between universes"

A Different Shimp: "It follows whatever makes the best story, as so decreed by the story god!"

Another Shimp: "No one believes that crap! Sorry about Leeroy over there, he's part of a few brain dead individuals who believe that all of reality, not just universes, is directed by a story god"

Shimp: "Come on Leeroy, Wend-Wulfe is the one who created us so you should at least be respectful and pretend to worship him! Leave the story nonsense at home!"

Leeroy just sort of floats there pouting while the other shimps glare at him before returning their gaze to Carn.

-----

Elmund opens the door of the loading dock, allowing him to hear inside the dome. He can fit through the door to the loading dock if he wants, just not the front door.

Upon seeing Elmund open the door, the Lizard Man sees it as a threat. He scurries off to hide in a dilapidated building while screaming: "Oh Lizomandias, save me! I was just trying to tell the giant to keep it down!"
02-10-2014, 12:39 PM
While the Lizardman was right in considering Elmund to be a threat, Elmund was not inherently hostile enough to attack people for no reason. Although the lizardmans words piqued Elmunds interest. 'Could this Lizomandias save someone from even myself?'. It was certainly worthy of investigation. Elmund walks towards the old building and asks "Who is this Lizomandias of which you speak?"
02-10-2014, 11:33 PM
Several months? That cant be! It must have been years atleast!

Muttering something vague about numbers, dates and eternities, he stops when he suddenly realizes something. "Wend-Wulfe is here?"
02-11-2014, 05:59 AM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2014 08:35 AM by WillyDeWulfe.)
TURN 1

Elmund entered the glass dome and approached the building the Lizard Man had hid behind and questioned him about Lizomandias.

The reptilian creature peaks out from the building.

Lizard Man: "Uh...you're not going to kill me right?"

Elmund shakes his massive head.

Lizard Man: "Oh. Well then, Lizomandias is the god of time, the greatest of ALL the gods. He made a stick into a snake once, or so the ancient texts said. Hold on, let me go get the Elder"

The Lizard Man scurries off and quickly returns with a group of Lizard men. One of them is wearing a magnificent headdress made of cannibalized computer parts. The metal on his head shined and cables hung down around the Elder's head in a multitude of colors.

Elder: "I have been notified that you, oh large one, have been asking about our great god Lizomandias. As the Elder, I keep the stories of our god. Tell me what you wish to know and why you wish to know it, and I shall enlighten you to the ways of our lord"

Elmund is hungry! He received half act gain this turn! (Not that it matters since he didn't gain any acts anyway)

The food here is scarce, so Elmund will receive half act gain next turn if he doesn't find something to eat! (not that it matters since he's not gaining any acts now anyway)

-----

Shutterfly continued fluttering on in the trees. The Lizard Man was still entranced.

For not doing anything, Shutterfly will receive half act gain and is in Last Stand!

-----

Carn inquires about Wend-Wulfe, the god who had created the Shimps and a demigod who had lived in his old universe.

Shimp: "Oh yeah, he's here. He's not supposed to know that we're here though, so don't tell him"

Another Shimp: "Let me explain. If you remember the whole Yomi deal that happened on Nocter, Wend-Wulfe died fighting Saigoth. We were able to recover his Sphere, clone him a new body, and imprint his memories on the clone though; we basically brought him back to life good as new. After a few weeks he had a sort of existential crisis, which was weird. I mean, he was a god, is dying and coming back to life really that strange to him? Anyway he ran off to this universe and told us not to follow him.

The council ignored his orders and sent us on a secret mission to check up on him and make sure he was ok. We respect that he needs some time to himself, but he’s such an important part of our history that we don’t want to lose him.

Right now we're just trying to get our bearings and getting used to Nur again. It's been awhile since any Shimp floated around this universe. We're not entirely sure exactly where he is, but unless he hopped universes again he should still be around here somewhere"

Carn is hungry! He received half act gain this turn! (Not that it matters since he didn't gain any acts anyway)

The food here is scarce, so Carn will receive half act gain next turn if he doesn't find something to eat! (not that it matters since he's not gaining any acts now anyway)

-----

Dynama threw an ice crystal at the mass of pure shadows, intending to deal only a glancing blow.

The ball of shadows explodes into a flurry of Ice and snow, knocking Dynama on her back and temporarily blinding her! The fury of the Ice wave is so great that the storm whelp is forced into Last Stand!

When Dynama's vision clears, this is what she sees:

Xanthir: "YOU ARE NOT XARIK! THIS PLACE IS TOO WARM!"

The frost troll screams and charges at Dynama in a furious rage!

Then it begins to slow down as it seems to be working something out in its mind. By the time it reaches Dynama, it is casually walking. The frost troll extends its brutish hand to help the storm whelp to her feet.

Xanthir: "Sorry about that, being asleep for ages tends to bring out the old troll rage. I was going to rip your head off and make a coat from your scales, but then I realized you awakened me from my Cryosleep with a chunk of Ice.

You must be an envoy of Xarik, yes?"

Dynama looks around completely bewildered. The wave of ice had changed the landscape immensely, covering it in snow and destroying the weak trees. Tiny pebbles of Icy hail seemed to fall from the sky at a constant rate, not from a storm, but through some sort of magic.

The Xanthir seemed friendly enough now that it believed she served Xarik, whoever that is, but he'd probably attack her if she told him the truth. With the ice raining down and her in Last Stand, the frost troll probably had a fairly large advantage. It might be best if she played along.

Dynama is hungry! She received half act gain this turn! (Not that it matters since she didn't gain any acts anyway)

The food here is scarce, so Dynama will receive half act gain next turn if she doesn't find something to eat! (not that it matters since she's not gaining any acts now anyway)

-----

Arktos decided that undead are boring. He spends an act to make the zombie rat that had fallen asleep at his feet unundead. Because a being can only be either living, dead, or undead, the undead rat is turned to being merely dead. Kind of a waste of divine power, since he could have achieved the same (or perhaps an even better) effect with his Infuse Apathy.

Whatever, not like Arktos cares about using his acts efficiently.

-----

Childreni pets the zombie rat that had fallen in front of him. It wasn't dead; it had been blinded by his Aura of Rainbows. He takes the fruit from the rat and walks over to the other rat that had fallen near Arktos. This one was dead, and Childreni picks it up. The child-like demigod now has his hands full, holding a decayed corpse and a piece of fruit.

He decides to investigate the teepee, and Arktos follows. The inside of the teepee is just a bare dirt floor. It's evident that no one has lived here in years. The undead rats probably don't use it either; undead don't actually have to ever stop working.

Caw!

Childreni and Arktos stick their heads outside the teepee and see a bird made of stone with shiny metallic talons flying somewhat clumsily through the air. Advancing behind the bird is a group of stone man-shaped creatures!

-----

EVENT
The Xanthir has awakened at point X!

-----

MAP OF NUR
[Image: Nur-Map2.gif]

-----

CURRENT ACTS
Elmund: 5
Arktos: 4

ACT CHANGE
Elmund: +0, -0
Shutterfly: +0, -0
Carn: +0, -0
Dynama: +0, -0
Childreni: +0, -0
Arktos: +0, -1

AREA AFFECTS
X: Frozen-Ice(1)
02-11-2014, 06:34 AM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2014 06:37 AM by chimericWilder.)
"Oh. I suppose that explains a lot. Say, if you find him, would you mind telling me where he is? I have a thing or two i would like to say to him. In exchange, i'll keep a lookout for him aswell, on your behalf."

"And... Is there any chance you would be able to tell me what happened to my people?"
02-11-2014, 07:24 AM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2014 07:24 AM by Druplesnubb.)
RE: Demigodhood: Return to Nur - Turn 1 [IC]
"Hi! I am the demigod of life and death! Take me to your people, please."
02-11-2014, 07:53 AM
O-of course I am! Albeit a new recruit. I was sent here to check up on the area. REPORT, soldier! WHY were you in a Cryasleep?! Has this land been UNWATCHED all this time?! Left to melt without ANYTHING stopping it?!

Dynama's actually sounding pretty convincingly angry for someone who doesn't actually have a clue of what she's talking about.

And I would HOPE that you know that any awakening from a long Cryasleep requires the awakened to go through their name AND status AND describe Xarik AND his will just to make SURE we have no brain-dead stupidheads who are going to bumble along SCREWING EVERYTHING UP! If Xaric finds out you've been snoozing EVEN BEFORE THE NEW PROCEDURES CAME INTO PLACE, your butt is on ICE, pal!
02-11-2014, 08:15 AM
"Whatever. If anything happens, we should be safe in the teepees..."
02-11-2014, 09:06 AM
Elmund sat down and responded "I have just moments ago heard the name, but it stood out. I am Elmund, I am a Demigod of Physical Prowess and an esteemed martial artist." Elmund takes a moment to flex his arm before continuing. "When I heard prayers I thought that it could be a clue to a potential sparring partner, as a fighter I am constantly seeking suitable opponents but as a Demigod I rarely find them. From what I have already heard however, Lizomandias is a full fledged god. Not exactly someone I can or should try to fight... Although now I am curious to learn a bit more. I am not so mighty that I wouldn't listen to the wisdom of the mortals who hold it."

Feeling a rumble in his stomach, Elmund adds: "Especially if they can offer me some food."
02-11-2014, 10:00 AM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2014 10:03 AM by WillyDeWulfe.)
TURN 1-Mini Update

Carn continues talking with the Shimps.

Shimp: "Well we'd appreciate it if you tell us if you find him, but I'm not sure we should really tell you if we find him first. I'm sure you have no ill intentions, but we don't really know you and this whole mission is about protecting Wend-Wulfe from the dangers of the unknown"

Leeroy: "Yeah sorry, but we have our orders"

Another Shimp: "Anyway, about the Komodans. I was there when the volcano flew out of the universe. Last I remember the forces of Yomi were at our doorstep and Wend-Wulfe gave the order to get out of there. The laser had been destroyed and he felt that further fighting would just endanger more lives. It was lucky that phoenix died as a distr…oh"

The shimp notices the phoenix embroidered on the back of Carn's robe, causing him to have a sudden realization.

Another Shimp: "I'm…sorry. At the time everyone was just trying to save their own skins. We didn't…we didn't think about doing what was right even though it might have cost us our lives…"

The shimp that had been talking goes quiet, afraid that he may say the wrong thing if he keeps talking. A different shimp pipes up.

Leeroy: "The history books said that the komodans were strong and intelligent creatures devoted to justice and armed with weapons designed to destroy the taint of Yomi. The books also said they had spent most of their time as uplifted beings learning how to combat Yomi. If any species could hold back the taint, it was the komodans"

Shimp: "Yeah! The books also said there were other demigods around too, ones that didn't really like Yomi either. I'm sure they helped destroy the demons as well!"

Leeroy: "On top of that, doesn't an underdog standing up against the evil empire make for a better story than the komodans just being crushed? The story god makes sure that everything happens in the most interesting way possible!"

All the shimps glare at Leeroy.

-----

Shutterfly asks to be taken to the village of the Lizardmen. The one entranced by its beautiful wings complies and leads Shutterfly slightly south to a clearing in the forest where the village had been built.

Lizardmen were everywhere walking between adobe houses! In the center of the village was a large platform with steps leading up to it, and at the top was an old Lizard Woman sitting at a table. Lizardmen would climb the steps and seemed to be asking her questions. She would shuffle what appeared to be an ancient set of playing cards and then whisper something in their ear.

-----

Dynama tries to convince the frost troll that she outranks him in Xarik's army. The Xanthir is confused, he must have been out awhile for things to get this orderly!

Xanthir: "Uh, yes ma'am!

I was in Cryosleep because Wend-Wulfe removed the atmosphere from Planet Named in an attempt to kill all living creatures on it besides his shimps and power up his buddy Arkan.

This land is…foreign to me ma'am. I must have been in Cryosleep when I landed on this planet.

My name…I was never given a name. I was always just a Xanthir or Frost Troll…

Right so my status is that I've just woken up and have no idea what's going on I guess?

Xarik can't really be described. He never took physical form while I was awake. I've always felt that he was the shadow in one's heart and the ice that flows through one's veins. He is the god of Ice and Shadow after all.

As for Xarik's will", the Xanthir smiles a crooked and toothy grin, "That I know. Everything must freeze. The colder the universe, the slower time moves in it, and when the entire multiverse is frozen everything will stop. Then he will achieve true immortality and never stop existing"

-----

Elmund asks to know more about Lizomandias.

Elder: "I would advise you against fighting the great Lizomandias. You may think you can beat him with your punches and kicks, but he will travel through time like a leaf on the wind so that he knows where you will attack before even you do.

Oh yes, the god of time is very powerful indeed. He walked among us when we lived in the caves to the North West. We asked him to help us in our work, and while he did some, he usually answered that he needed to conserve his power in case the Manfri attacked. He told us how he prevented their attacks on a nearly daily basis by sabotaging them before they could even strike.

One day he disappeared and we never saw him again. He most assuredly returned to the god-o-sphere to commune with other divine beings like himself. It's not as if the Manfri could have captured him on one of his jaunts through time. No, he is too good for that.

This was about the time the Shadow of Frost descended upon the land, bringing death to all. Lizomandias most assuredly left because that's when the Manfri left. We no longer needed his protection from them. We believe that the Shadow was a test from him to see how we could function without him, and it went away so we must have passed it!"

Elmund's stomach growls and he asked for food. The lizardmen obliged, though from fear or respect Elmund couldn't tell.

While Elmund is at Point M, the lizard men will feed him. He doesn't have to go foraging.
02-11-2014, 10:16 AM
Stone men? Why would someone even make those. They are dull and pointless.

02-11-2014, 10:23 AM
Carn falls silent, gripping the scorched wooden shaft between his hands, a haunted expression on his face.

"You know, i had been trying to decide whether or not to shout at you for abandoning an entire universe and everything within it to certain doom. But why bother? I already had the chance to think though every possible reply you could come up with, during my banishment."

Shaking his head in disappointment, he turns, starting to slowly walk away in a random direction (towards point k).

"Just tell him im looking for him, alright?" He says, turning only for a moment to see if they have anything further to say.
02-11-2014, 10:45 AM
Elmund speaks: "You keep saying the word 'Manfri'... Whats a Manfri? Something that could theoretically capture a god? And on an unrelated note, does the teachings of Lizomandias mention anything about the Demigodhood Trials? I already know very much about that subject, but I am curious to know if your patron god decided to discuss that with you."
02-11-2014, 11:22 AM
"You know, we should probably confront them. Maybe something good will happen with our lives for once."

Childreni walks outside to greet the army.
02-11-2014, 11:39 AM
TURN 1-Mini Update

The shimps have nothing more the say to Carn. They just kind of look at the ground sadly.

-----

Elmund continues talking with the lizard men.

Elder: "The Manfri were vile creatures. Man shaped canines using their advanced sciences in an attempt to purge the land of any who opposed them and enslave any creatures that they could. Lizomandias was constantly throwing a wrench in their plans as I said already.

When they left and we were forced out of our cave, we came here to settle in their old city as a final gesture of disrespect.

As for the namedro-er…trials you were talking about, we've never heard of them"
02-11-2014, 11:39 AM
Whatever. I see no point in doing it.

02-11-2014, 12:02 PM

Dynama relies on storms to survive. She needs clouds to make storms. She needs warm water to make clouds. This mad plan to freeze all will probably kill her.

On the other hand, if she tries to back out now, she'll almost definitely be killed. This guy is probably tougher, the climate is in his favour, and she's still reeling from the explosion of his Cryasphere.

If she knew a swear word, this would be the moment for a nice, internal precision swear.

...Hmm. Then you are not the servant I am looking for. Though you aren't acting like a true soldier should, I will spare you from the worst of Xarik's anger if you help me find the TRUE slacker not pulling his weight around here. In the meantime, you can help yourself by referring to me as LADY Dynama or DEMIGODDESS Dynama, no less.

Give me a second to fly up and scout the area for suitable food, stuff we should investigate, and so on.

When I get back, I want a summary of your abilities, magical and otherwise, as I only have that stuff on the Frost Troll I'm looking for.

Dynama takes off for the skies.
02-11-2014, 12:12 PM
"I'll summarize the important part. This world has been marked as a battleground. The last divine being who remains here by whatever means will ascend to godhood. Furthermore, the gods themselves will not be interfering with this world until the metaphorical dust settles. The trials are the reason I have come for there is no more promising place to find a worthy opponent for me! You'd be wise to take heed that the other contestants may be far less civil than myself."

"There is one last matter that I would like to discuss... While I may not be on the same level as the Lizomandias, I am still a divine being. One capable of granting my favor upon those I deem worthy. Does anyone among you feel worthy of the favor of Elmund the demigod of Physical Prowess?"
02-11-2014, 08:24 PM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2014 08:25 PM by Druplesnubb.)
Shutterfly flies up towards the old woman.
"Man, those are some nice cards you have there, what do you use them for? I am the Demigod of life and death, or possibly demigoddess, I could never really get those two right...
02-11-2014, 11:57 PM
Carn keeps walking, using the wooden haft as a walking staff. Actually, come to think of it, why did he keep the thing? It was pretty brittle, and a little too short to even make for a good stuff. There were plenty of other sticks around that could serve the same purpose, he supposed. And yet, it also felt right.
02-12-2014, 05:13 AM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2014 05:29 AM by WillyDeWulfe.)
TURN 2

Elmund asks the lizardmen at Point M to put their faith in him.

Elder: “BLASPHEMER! None can take the place of Lizomandias!”

Some of the assembled lizardmen nod in agreement, while others sort of shuffle and clear their throats.

Lizard Man: “Well uh, maybe he could?”

Elder: “What!?”

The Elder is greatly angered and as shouting breaks out among the lizardmen they split into two groups. Approximately half stand with Elmund and the others remain with the Elder.

Lizard Man: “Look, Lizomandias left us to fend for ourselves ages ago, and we haven’t done a good job of it. After a humiliating defeat and getting thrown out of our cave we’ve been reduced to living on the Manfri’s scraps! We need help, and this guy looks big enough to handle our problems!”

The Elder is having none of this and screams for his units to attack! Elmund has to do something quickly or else all the lizardmen here will end up just being a bloody smear.

Elmund has gained a few followers at Point M!

-----

Shutterfly asked the Elder Lizard Woman about her cards. She looks up from her cards at Shutterfly.

“Oh beauteous one, the cards have predicted your coming. This morning I flipped over the Queen of Hearts and the King of Spades, indicating that two powerful beings shall probably enter our home. I suspect you must be the Queen.

These cards make up an ancient artifact known as the Deck of Fido. Fido knows that everything has a chance to happen or not happen. No matter what someone does, chance will reward or punish them based on its own whims. These cards allow one trained in their use to see the chances of things happen and choose the best path.

Perhaps you seek to wisdom Fido left us with? Is that why you have graced our village with your presence?"

Shutterfly is no longer in Last Stand!

-----

Carn journeys to Point K. The forest here is positively alive in every way. Shining green beetles fly through the air as tropical birds swoop down and eat them. Small rodents rustle through the undergrowth as the komodan tries not to step on them.

"Certain doom"

Carn heard a voice that sounded exactly like his.

"Save their own skins"

That one sounded like the Shimp from before.

"Banishment"

It sounded like Carn again, and this time the komodan saw where it was coming from. One of the tropical birds sitting in the trees was staring at him intensely. It had the the same basic shape as a flavian, but the colors were more blue and green instead of crimson and gold and the head was a dark purple. It also lacked the metal on its talons, obviously making it far less dangerous.

"Possible reply"

Carn is hungry! He received half act gain this turn! (Not that it matters since he didn't gain any acts anyway)

-----

Dynama tries to fly up and get a look at the land, but the Icy hail prevents her from flying very high. She can't see much through the blizzard anyway. She lands again.

Xanthir: "Lady Dynama, I have constructed a list of my abilities as you asked"

The Xanthir tells Dynama his abilities.

Xanthir: "As for the other frost troll you were looking for, I believe I have located my brothers"

The Xanthir points up to a comet streaking across the sky.

Xanthir: "Glaciarius. I think that's the comet my brothers and I rode into the universe. The others are probably there, still in cryosleep. I must have fallen off during the turmoil when the Oidip and Pidio universes collapsed into each other...

Anyway, I think I would like to go on with my primary directive to freeze the world if there's nothing else you need from me?"

Dynama is no longer in Last Stand!

Dynama is hungry! She received half act gain this turn! (Not that it matters since she didn't gain any acts anyway)

The food here is scarce, so Dynama will receive half act gain next turn if she doesn't find something to eat! (not that it matters since she's not gaining any acts now anyway)

-----

Arktos sits in the teepee like a bum. Stone men weren't cool enough to bother with.

-----

Childreni leaves the teepee to greet the army of stone. Getting away from Arktos makes him feel a lot better and much less apathetic!

The stone men approach and Childreni notices something reptilian about their features, as though they had scales. In fact, the best description for them would be stone lizard men.

The stone bird lowers itself through the air attempting to land.

Stone Bird: "Just who are you and why are you messing with our workers? You're really-ARGH I'M BLIND!"

The bird crashes in front of Childreni and the stone lizardmen rush forward to try to help him, getting into the same aura as their leader.

Stone Lizard Man 1: "I'm blind too!"

Stone Lizard Man 2: "Really? I'm fine. In fact, I feel like I'm full of sunshine and rainbows!"

Stone Bird: "WHAT SORCERY IS THIS!?"

-----

EVENT
A storm forms over Point L! It will dissipate in 2 turns.

-----

MAP OF NUR
[Image: Nur-Map2.gif]

-----

CURRENT ACTS
Elmund: 9
Arktos: 4

ACT CHANGE
Elmund: +4, -0
Shutterfly: +0, -0
Carn: +0, -0
Dynama: +0, -0
Childreni: +0, -0
Arktos: +0, -0

FOLLOWERS
Elmund
  • Lizardmen-Point M: 20(1)

AREA AFFECTS
X: Frozen-Ice(1), Freeze Level 1
L: Storm-Water(1),Air(1) (Dissipate in 2 Turns)
02-12-2014, 05:23 AM
Guess I'm going. This is quite uninteresting.
Arktos heads to Point K.

02-12-2014, 05:42 AM
"Hold up a moment." Elmund said, with a mouth half full of the food from before. "Now I like fighting as much as anyone, but you really should think before you aim to kill." Elmund stood up and made a very sudden action, p‌ointing one of his fingers squarely at the elder just a few feet away from the elders face. Now speaking with a louder voice to drown out the arguments of the other lizardmen. "You are not a very good listener! Never have I claimed that I could take the place of Lizomandias, nor have I claimed to even be on his level. Unless Lizomandias explicitly forbade you to interact with other divine beings, to make a deal with me would not be blasphemous or even require you to renounce your current beliefs."

Satisfied with his speech, Elmund sat down again and helped himself to some more of that food. "Now if you still hold onto your previous rage, you would be wise to express it in words rather than violence. Then I will... respond in an appropriate manner."
02-12-2014, 07:43 AM
"Um. What?" Carn says, glancing at the bird. "Whatever you are trying to say, i do not understand."

While waiting for the bird to formulate a reply, Carn takes a look around him. He was pretty hungry, and a nice fruit or something would be pretty sweet right about now.
02-12-2014, 08:34 AM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2014 08:38 AM by MedicInDisquise.)
Childreni feels a lot better. "I assume you're their leader, Bird. Why are you marching through this village?" He drops the Dead Rat and kicks it behind the teepee before they can notice it. "And why would you be blinded? I am not an enemy, as you can plainly see. In fact, I am the opposite. I'm as good as can be!"
02-12-2014, 08:37 AM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2014 08:45 AM by WillyDeWulfe.)
TURN 2-Mini Update

Carn tries to communicate with the bird.

"Trying to say" the bird says in a perfect imitation of Carn's voice.

"Understand" another bird behind the komodan spoke up this time.

Carn looks around, there are plenty of the birds around. Some flying through the tree tops, and some looking at him. Of course, there were animals everywhere so the amount of birds didn't seem that odd.

In addition to the abundance of animals, there was an abundance of fruit. Carn would have no trouble finding food here.

-----

Childreni kicks the rat behind him and questions the stone bird. He notices that the rat squirms and gets up behind him! It didn't stay dead!

Stone Bird: "We're just coming through to pick up the harvest and feed our people! NOW UNBLIND ME YOU CHILDISH FOOL!"
02-12-2014, 09:07 AM
Not knowing what to think of the birds, Carn shakes his head and moves to collect some of that fruit, suspiciously examining it before trying a small taste. Cant ever be too cautious with unfamiliar food, right?

Regardless, he watches the birds for a while, trying to determine if they are intelligent, or simply skilled mimics. He investigates point k further, hoping to perhaps find something else of interest.
02-12-2014, 09:22 AM
Childreni is unsatisfied. "Oh. Alright." He turns off his aura. -2 acts "Sorry about that. The rats don't exactly look like stone lizard men, so I assumed the worse."
02-12-2014, 09:29 AM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2014 09:41 AM by WillyDeWulfe.)
TURN 2-Mini Update

Carn takes a close look at the birds and fruit.

The fruit is delicious and filling. It seems to be fine.

The birds seem just to repeat what Carn says back perfectly. They don't seem particularly intelligent.

Deeper in the forest Carn finds the most enormous tree he has ever seen. What makes it even more interesting is that someone seems to have carved a house into it while keeping the tree alive. Carn enters through the modest wooden door.

The house has been empty for a long time as evidenced by the overgrown vines creeping through the windows and the cobwebs everywhere. The upturned furniture strewn about the place meant it had also been ransacked. Apparently someone was looking for something.

The komodan looks around the small dwelling and his eyes fall upon a large mirror. It’s been knocked on its side, but it hasn’t been broken. Carn grabs it and stands it up, and as he touches it he feels the tingle of magic.

The mirror is an artifact.

-----

Childreni switches off his aura.

Stone Bird: "Thank you, now perhaps we can continue with our work. If you'd like to make up for that transgression, perhaps you could help us harvest the fruits of the zombie rats' labors"
02-12-2014, 09:46 AM
Yes, yes, be on your way. I'm fairly sure we're on the corner of an island, although it's hard to tell, so you can work to the that way and I'll head to the that way.

Dynama points the Xanthir to the west, and herself to the south.

Don't bumble around, save your strength for defeating enemies THEN freeze when resistance is minimised, and otherwise fight smart.
02-12-2014, 09:51 AM
Childreni blinked. "Speaking of harvesting... if I can help your men work quicker, will you give me a portion of the harvest?" Afterwards, while looking over the fields, he adds: "Or men."
02-12-2014, 10:18 AM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2014 03:00 PM by WillyDeWulfe.)
TURN 2-Mini Update

Childreni bargains with the Stone Men.

Stone Bird: "I suppose you may take a small portion of the fruits and vegetables. As for taking our Undead Rats…no. Never. They were created by our Lord Arkan before he left us. We can't make more and we need to hold on to the ones we have"
02-12-2014, 10:34 AM
Though intrigued by this unknown artifact, Carn is equally baffled to notice that his own reflection is practically glowing with magical energies! (Assuming the mirror actually shows a reflection. You never know) That was certainly new. How had he not noticed that already?

Anyway, concerning artifacts, Carn could perhaps be considered something of an expert, as far as such things went, having manipulated the flow of energy from several different artifacts. Admittedly though, he had never actually dealt with anything he didnt already know the function of.

So he just sort of tries to reach out to the mirror with his magical senses, trying to identify its purpose (1 act?)
02-12-2014, 11:02 AM
TURN 2-Mini Update

Carn investigates the artifact mirror that most definitely shows his reflection.

Carn notices that the mirror has been rippling since he drew near it, though the surface remains solid. If he moves away, the rippling slows and eventually stops. Carn is sure that the rippling wasn't linked to his spending of divine power. The mirror had actually been rippling since he had entered the room; before he had even touched it.
02-12-2014, 11:19 AM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2014 11:20 AM by chimericWilder.)
"Hm. Well, thats fascinating." Carn murmurs.

Extending his innate telekinetic powers, Carn attempts to probe the surface of the mirror and its frame, looking for anything that might be out of place.

Failing to get any useful information that way, he will instead investigate the house for further clues.
02-12-2014, 05:04 PM (This post was last modified: 02-13-2014 11:14 AM by Druplesnubb.)
"Oh, not really. I came here because I wanted to get to know all of you! There will be this really huge battle coming and I would just love it if you all wanted to stand with me when it does! Those cards look absolutely amazing, you mean you can actually predict the future with them?! It seems to work too since I came here to you, and guess what, I think I might actually be both the creatures you've foreseen! Isn't that awesome?! It's kind of hard to explain though...The name's Shutterfly, by the way."
02-12-2014, 08:48 PM
Childreni nods. "Alright." Childreni inspires the Young at Heart in the workers around him. -1 act.