Chocolate Pi's gaming stream thread (Twitch.TV) share tips, discuss, etc.
04-02-2014, 02:40 AM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2014 10:11 PM by Franzuu.)
Chocolate Pi's gaming stream thread (Twitch.TV) share tips, discuss, etc.
I think I got off on the wrong foot with this thread. Deceptive suggested making this a general gaming stream thread where you can tell others to view your stream, discuss stuff, ask for help. that sort of stuff.

My stream is at http://www.twitch.tv/franzuu

I'm going to start my 5th stream and I think I've found my game for a while (Project Zomboid). Most fun I've had in Multiplayer in ages.

I run my own server, If you have the game and want to play just add me on steam (Franzuu) and ask me for the IP.

It runs on my home computer but I have a 50/50 connection, 3770K @ 4.7 GHz and 16 GB of ram.

As a bonus question, what do you think of watching a gaming stream to begin with?
04-02-2014, 09:28 AM
RE: I want to stream on twitch, need your advice and feedback :/
I steamed for 9 h 30 min. Had over 220 stream views and got 16 followers. A huge success. Was expecting maybe 1/3. Thank you all for coming by and for the feedback.

I'll be back tomorrow.
04-03-2014, 09:16 AM
Not to attack you but... Did you seriously make an account to make this thread to get feedback on your streaming? Not that it's bad, but I think it's weird, in the interesting way.

Best of luck with the streaming by the way. I'm not so into that scene so I can't really be of much help.

Working Name: Anarkismo
04-03-2014, 10:18 AM
sort of yeah, I've already found some great communities this way :/ and since I'm not a shoe shelling bot I though that it'd be ok.

Anyway, I got 250 stream views and 9 followers today in 5 hours.
04-03-2014, 12:09 PM
Technically, advertising messages are a reportable thing. I'm not gonna be that guy, but I thought I'd warn you.

04-04-2014, 03:01 AM
The Rules Wrote:Advertising
Any spam posts will be deleted. This includes referral links and ads for goods in online games. This also includes promoting a forum game inappropriately in other threads/boards.

Pretty sure this falls under a 'personal project', since it's something Franzuu is doing for fun, is under a properly related subforum, and doesn't relate to any sort of project or other thread/board/something like that. That said I'm not 100% sure of it, I'd be saying this with a lot more certainty if Franzuu participates actively with the forum as a whole (as opposed to only talking about their stream).

Also Pagan I'm pretty sure that you are being that guy by showing up only to question and criticize?

(Also I apologize but I don't have the time or internet to get into streaming properly, but I do find the concept kind of interesting.)
04-04-2014, 07:11 AM
I'd rather not get in trouble in this forum so not going to be pushy.

I'm really excitewd about how my stream is going though :D
04-05-2014, 04:13 AM
We could just make this a general streaming (probably mostly twitch) thread. I stream on twitch sometimes and watch a lot of streams. There is probably enough interest here in at least watching streams to merit a streaming thread. And then it's not a thread shilling for one dude's twitch streams.
04-05-2014, 06:52 AM
Great idea!

What games do you stream on twitch? Channel?
04-06-2014, 07:05 AM
I wasn't being that guy, by not reporting. I wasn't sure if it was ok, I didn't want him to get in trouble, so I figured I'd bring it up, so that it was known. That guy would report immediately, and be a dick, both of which I haven't been.

But it's good that this seems to be an OK form of advertising. Congrats, good luck. If you decided to stream 4X games or Plague Inc. I might drop by.

04-06-2014, 10:11 PM
RE: Chocolate Pi's gaming stream thread (Twitch.TV) share tips, discuss, etc.
I made the thread into a general twitch/gaming stream thread.