Complete The Resistance: Avalon
05-16-2014, 04:40 AM
RE: The Resistance: Avalon
EBWOP: hadn't thought of that donut/pE counteralignment. I'm not 100% sure of it but it could be something to investigate. Amos, assuming the quest would fail, why do you think scum!anacreon would reject it, given his approval round one, and why do you think one of Zatch/Granola are town?
05-16-2014, 04:57 AM
Any scum round one would be aware of a scummy being in the BigThree. What difference does an approval make round one? Is that a typo? Granola/Zatch are sort of a default for my proposed team; theyre not engaged in coalignment pools and Id prefer not to include deviant at this time.
05-16-2014, 04:58 AM
Ie i think Zatch is one of the safer options, perhaps granola but id need to review him more.
05-16-2014, 05:30 AM
I disagree that supporting/not supporting the first team means nothing now. If anacreon, as scum, approved the first, why wouldn't he approve the second?

On second thought I'm not so sure Anacreon's as suspicious as I had him? Granola I actually see as possibly anti-aligned with Oz and therefore possibly coaligned with you, and since I haven't sorted out my feelings with you two yet i'd rather play it safe and leave him out, except perhaps if he was paired with you and one or two other mysteries (preferably in round three or four though).
05-16-2014, 07:56 AM
Quote:If anacreon, as scum, approved the first, why wouldn't he approve the second?
Because he was called out the first time (kind of, by speedchuck.) Did you miss donut giving advice on that matter in post 77?
05-16-2014, 11:04 AM
Alright, judging by these posts and my own thoughts, I've just about picked Pala and pE. Not sure who I'll pick 4th yet. Expect a more detailed post in a bit, and let's please have more than 4 people weigh in.
05-16-2014, 12:20 PM
I have a question that I wanted to ask before my proposal but never really got around to. I would find it interesting if those who approved/denied the first team would justify their choice to approve/deny that team (besides those already on the team because that's obv). Would anyone else find that an interesting bit of information?
05-16-2014, 01:31 PM
I know I would. Unfortunately, I only chose what I did because the first team was randomly picked and it looked like the safer option to deny it.
05-16-2014, 01:58 PM
Regarding Scum!anac, Pala, I can think of a few scenarios:

1. The 2nd group was entirely town. This is a scenario and in such a case there would be two scum approving it, making Scum!anac's choice actually pretty logical. But in that case I'd be wondering what was going on in the minds of those who approved it.
2. There were scum on the team and Scum!anac wanted to look unaligned.
3. There were too many scum on the team. I can believe Scum!anac or Scum!Chuck would choose this.
4. I dunno ask anac, just reword the question. That's probably a great place to start.

If you meant to ask me why I think he's scum, it's because I don't believe 3/4 of the minions would approve this mission and I'm more inclined to trust Speedchuck right now due to previously read information.

Again, I highly doubt the decision making on the first mission's approve/deny vote really factors in here in anac's decision making on the second mission attempt, but looking back at it I don't think it would be out of the question to link his voting behaviour with Oz or Tunnel!Pala. Metawise you and anac would totally be perfect for eachother but that's obviously another story.

Yeah I'd like to hear more from Zatch right now, maybe Eclipse? Anac? Actually maybe we can just let some other people besides myself, Oz, Speedchuck and Pala talk for a little while in general?
05-17-2014, 02:15 AM
@Deviant: I denied it because I wasn't particularly fond of sending out a team without discussing it first. I would've raised my concerns during the voting period, but as I said, I expected there'd be enough others sharing my opinion that it'd be denied and then we could pick apart the supporters of a bad plan and make a better one.

It's interesting that amos brings up the possibility of two scum on the first mission, because that's what my line of thought was too. If Oz was scum and he intentionally picked another scummate, I think that'd be a pretty obvious telegraph that Oz wanted to "clear" that player while still being able to sabotage the mission.

Since amos was the first to point it out, I'm inclined to believe that Oz and Pala are the scummates in my scenario. Admittedly, it could've been an entire mission team of scum and amos is throwing them all under the bus, but that seems less likely.

In short, I'm wary of the entire BigThree, and 80% certain that Oz is scum. Speedchuck: I would advise against recruiting Pala. Take Deviant and myself instead.
05-17-2014, 02:24 AM
While my theory is a valid point i still find it doubtful that that sort of scenario wouldve happened in the start when a number of us are avalon newbs. But yes, if we are to apply that scenario it makes pretty much any failing team's leader that much more likely to be scum, not just the first missions.
05-17-2014, 02:28 AM
Holy crap, can we just never pick those two again?
05-17-2014, 03:24 AM
So yeah I'm not sure if Granola is town as paranoid as I am or scum who is really bad at not linking himself to his allies.

Or alternatively him and Oz are horribly clever scum and doing everything in their power to look anti-aligned.

Leaning towards the second, which makes Amos and donut look just terrible. Then again I was somewhat confident in pE and speedchuck being scum and was way off there.
05-17-2014, 03:55 AM
have fun picking

i would have liked to have had the mission succeed in going through because Oz/Deviant could be putting amos in missions and sabotaging them so he looks sus

other then that i'm not sure who last scum is and people still read me wrong i am just so good
05-17-2014, 04:48 AM
I think this thread is going overboard with the theory stuff.
Speed, give us your options, narrow things down a bit; donut how about opinions on granola and Pala; Zatch, where are you?

I am such a hot topic.

Changed my mind about granola for the record. Im seeing what you're seeing Pala. Nudge nudge wink wink.
05-17-2014, 05:02 AM
So donut you think Oz/Deviant/me are a scumteam?
05-17-2014, 05:14 AM
probably not you
05-17-2014, 05:15 AM
granola is a possibility for scum for pala's reasons, pala probably not considering 2 on the team is a stupid scum pick
05-17-2014, 05:17 AM
ooh nola accepted last team even though he wasn't on it which if it consisted of all town would mean he's scum so yeah
nola/oz/deviant
05-17-2014, 06:08 AM
I know I want to take Pala. Everyone else is looking more iffy to me, especially granola. Donut and Amos I dont want to take, as everyone seems to be unsure about them. Deviant I am still fine with... Eh, in less than two hours I need to make a decision. It's looking like me, Pala, deviant, and either pE or one of my more unsure candidates. For ease of decision, unless this seems horrible to you all, consider myself, Pala, and deviant all to be locked in. Please weigh in, and quickly.
05-17-2014, 06:11 AM
And zatch and anac had better not both be inno, because I am not taking lurkers with me, and that will make it hard.
05-17-2014, 07:35 AM
Never mind about the two hours thing. Things changed. Anyhow, I want opinions on Donut, Amos, and pE. I also want Anac and Zatch to post.
05-17-2014, 07:52 AM
Please excuse my absence, I actually left the house yesterday and completely forgot about this game.

To explain my approval of last team, when I said I was going to approve it, I sent the approval message in shortly after. If anything, at least I'm consistent.

I'm not sure where to start, so if somebody wanted to give me some questions to answer, that would be dandy.
05-17-2014, 08:01 AM
"Anyhow, I want opinions on Donut, Amos, and pE."

That'll do, for starters.
05-17-2014, 08:09 AM
Donut, don't really like him. Kinda feel like he's throwing out random things and hoping they stick.

Amos, in a better place than Donut to be frank. He's good at theorycrafting, I'll give him that. Oh, and then calling off the crafting of theories after a theorycrafting post made me chuckle. He can go both ways.

pE, nothing concrete really. I can't get a good read off his posts.
05-17-2014, 08:35 AM
Oh wait, Pala and Amos were both on the first mission. Don't want to take both of them...

Chuck/Deviant/Pala/pE, maybe. Or maybe Chuck/Deviant/Pala/Zatch.

Whatever, I'll stick with one of these. Last call for opinions!
05-17-2014, 08:37 AM
I've felt that Donut's been playing paranoid townie, but for the life of me I can't make any sense of his most recent post. Seriously, I need to see a train of thought on that one bro.

Amos is floating in a similar boat as Pala re:two scum on team 1.1, though I give him points for broaching the topic at least.

pE is lurking. Not as hard as anacreon, but about on par with Zatch. He hasn't posted since mission team 2.1 was denied. This might be a Thing, and now that I see it I might need to reevaluate my other reads.
05-17-2014, 09:17 AM
@Nola

1 scum in: (Pala, Oz, Amos)
3 scum in: (Zatch, speed, Deviant, PE, Donut, Nola, Anac)
assuming no people on mission were scum
3 scum in:(Zatch, speed, Nola, Anac)
so you're really confident in your ability to be one out of four nonscum apparently
05-17-2014, 10:20 AM
Oh yeah that.

I noticed that logical problem after the 2.1 nomination. I still had townly reads on Deviant's team, but speed looked townly to me too, so I reconsidered my list of assumptions. That's why I've been poking into the "2 scum in Oz/Pala/Amos" theory.

Of course, now that I go back over pE's posts, I'm more and more uneasy with him. (He proposed building a team without himself in post #73, how the hell didn't we catch that?!)

I'm still not ruling out a multiscum 1.1 team, but I think assumption 3 ("no people on 2.1 are scum") is probably faulty too.
05-17-2014, 10:30 AM
I am gonna be honest the first mission i was going more for meta reasons on the approval. In that those 3 are really good at hiding the fact they are scum if one of them turned out to be scum. It was more for getting info on those 3.

[Image: sonicsig2.jpg]
Steam
05-17-2014, 10:41 AM
Declining the second team was me being a cautious and me not being confident in that team.

Anyway opinions are needed so i shall give them.
Amos is one of the 3 in the first team SO has at least a 33% chance of being scum.
Donut is one of my iffy reads and was one of the reasons i went against the second team.
pE i am not really sure. He doesnt seem to stand out in either town nor scum direction.

Steam
05-17-2014, 10:44 AM
Speed i think either of those two teams are kind of a gamble because pala who has a 33% chance of being scum and Zatch/pE are kind of unknowns

Steam
05-17-2014, 10:51 AM
@Anac Of course it is a gamble. However, read post 145 please.

Oz said:
Quote:Yes, let's exclude everyone from the group that has a 33% chance of being scum (from your perspective anyway,) and instead choose exclusively from the group that has a 50% chance, that makes sense.

So yeah, I want to take someone from the first team, and Pala seems like the best choice to me. I've considered Deviant to be towny, so there is him, and I don't like anyone else enough to decide. So I am gambling with some semi-lurkers that don't seem scummy.
05-17-2014, 12:04 PM
Alright. Chuck/Deviant/Pala/Zatch. If somebody wanted pE in instead, they should have spoken up. Or he should have spoken up. Between the two, I'll take the one that is here.
05-17-2014, 12:18 PM
I don't think those chances quite add up, especially if you think there may be 2 scum on that team.
05-17-2014, 12:19 PM
nvm I am late to the party
05-17-2014, 12:19 PM
Deviant's iffy, and so is Zatch a little, so I'll have to give it some thought before I approve or deny this.
05-17-2014, 12:24 PM
The approval phase has begun, please send in your approve/deny votes ASAP, you do not have to wait for this post to send votes but I will still post this every time.
05-17-2014, 02:28 PM
Lordy Lordy, its only been a day or so, As i can see through skimming, the mission was successful. I didnt see any accusations towards me i believe. Mostly towards Donut and Anac. As i said on my last post, I had a slight suspicion over donut, but I wasnt positive.

(Also ill try to come argue more. Im finally done with major state testing)

I would like to swap with either deviant or pala too. If you want that, Chuck.
05-17-2014, 02:29 PM
oh wait

nvm looks like approval phase is go. UGH oh well, let's see how this turns out
05-17-2014, 09:21 PM
Quote:Lordy Lordy, its only been a day or so, As i can see through skimming, the mission was successful. I didnt see any accusations towards me i believe. Mostly towards Donut and Anac. As i said on my last post, I had a slight suspicion over donut, but I wasnt positive.

(Also ill try to come argue more. Im finally done with major state testing)

I would like to swap with either deviant or pala too. If you want that, Chuck.
The current score is
Minions - 1
Knights - 0
Mission 2.1 did not go ahead so did not succeed/fail, Speedchuck is currently suggesting team 2.2
05-18-2014, 01:45 AM
Well, with that information, I Re-instate my suggestion of switching me in with either Deviant or Pala.
05-18-2014, 01:47 AM
I'll be gone for the next 30 hours or so, but I'll have my tablet in case anyone desperately needs my input
05-18-2014, 01:48 AM
pE, still a little late. Team's been nominated without you. Go cast your vote.
05-18-2014, 08:19 AM
Aprove: Oz, Deviant, Speed, Anac, Pala, Amos, Zatch - 7
Deny: Granola, Eclipse, Donut - 3
The mission is approved Speed, deviant, Pala and zatch please PM me to say whether you want to pass or fail missions (townies do not auto pass missions, this is so they take the same amount of time PMing as they would if they were scum), this vote will show a tally but not who sent in the vote.
05-18-2014, 08:36 AM
Oh god no.
05-18-2014, 09:30 AM
today on "donut called at least 2/3rds of the scum"
05-18-2014, 09:42 AM
wait there are 4 sc0ms.
oh well, 1/2
(nola ain't scum for me anymore)
05-18-2014, 10:01 AM
Well let's not be completely negative about this (this mission is totally going to fail though)

Somehow granola is probably town, Oz looks more like scum than amos.
05-18-2014, 10:04 AM
Speedchuck and pE are likely town still as well.

Which means scum is possibly Oz, Deviant, Zatch, and Anacreon.