Online Users Panel?
04-10-2013, 12:03 AM
Online Users Panel?
Not sure how difficult it would be to implement, but a bar at the bottom of the forum, that displays online members, would be pretty fine and dandy.
04-10-2013, 02:31 AM
RE: Online Users Panel?
I was actually nosing around for the same thing.

|| My Tumblr ||
04-10-2013, 03:31 AM
If such a thing existed, i'd prolly put myself on invisible anyway (So, if such a thing is implemented, please also implement invisible mode).
04-10-2013, 07:52 AM (This post was last modified: 04-10-2013 07:52 AM by Mirdini.)
Yeah viewing online users wasn't implemented (at least for now) because of the fact that a presumably large component of the userbase is going to be playing mafias/witch-hunt like games where people seeing others online would let them draw conclusions about nightactions/thread presence & lurking and whatever else. As it stands a large part of people would probably just turn themselves invisible as Tea said for the above reason or simply because they don't like the idea of people knowing whenever they're online.

Is there any particular reason for why you'd need to know who's online anyway? Can't you just reach people via the PM functionality and if you need to stay in closer contact add each other on messaging services like steam/skype/AIM/IRC/whatever else? (I mean, that's how I do it).
04-10-2013, 09:07 AM
Mirdini is correct. I actually spent a couple hours methodically removing all the online indicators and and "who's online" access from the forum software.

Again, this is to enable mafia style games to not have to deal with the awkward and awful "who is fake lurking?" meta issues. This slightly outweighs other cases, since there are lots of ways to remain in contact with friends and cohorts, but very few non-stalking forums for mafia.
04-14-2013, 04:45 PM
But I LIKE stalking the forums. mspa