Complete Dersehunt Intermission:The Return of the coins [MC Win]
01-02-2015, 03:45 PM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2015 03:45 PM by GenetiXientist.)
RE: Dersehunt Intermission:The Return of the coins [MC Win]
(01-02-2015 03:37 PM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  Oh I gotta say I laughed pretty hard at that "ungrateful" award

god damn it I can't believe that :VVVVVV

(No offense to you GX it was good play! I was kinda relying on a bad town busdriver who'd let me get murderized :v)

It was a good play for meta reasons as well, since I was about to go and be busy while you just stuck around and remained active.

The one thing I didn't goddamn take into account was Deuce.

That said: I got 4 with mine, Pala. And one of them was Cal.
01-02-2015, 03:48 PM
I remember your Deucebomb fondly, GX.

That was one of the highlights of the first DHI, if you ask me.

(but you weren't so i should prob stop talking again)
01-02-2015, 03:50 PM
(and by "you weren't" i mean "you weren't asking me")

(i should probably go to bed soon)
01-02-2015, 03:52 PM
@reaverb: iirc someone being vanished doesn't- ohh I see, we'd have gotten a forced no lynch by you three voting for it and then the NK would bring it to 3v3 anyway since no-one remaining had a role that could prevent that. Righto.

Also I was eager to be NK'd because as Quarters half my role is expended N1 and I believed I could fake being a sufficient threat for a day or two but then would be less useful to town than others. Basically, town would lose the least if I was nightkilled because I lacked experience compared to pretty much any other reasonable night kill target and my role was comparatively very weak.

And this turned out to be true, I went "on tilt" playing in later days and did things like get Stiq mislynched!
01-02-2015, 03:52 PM
No, Stiq mostly got Stiq mislynched.
01-02-2015, 03:59 PM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2015 04:03 PM by dichotomousCreator.)
...I guess? I'm reluctant to pin that on someone else 'cause ultimately it was probably me pushing that so hard that made it happen. So it's a question of whether there's some general play that could be done better, and I think I could stand to diversify my own reading of the game a bit more.

Although that said I doubt anything I said influenced Amos to hop on Stiq so maybe I'm not as responsible for that lynch as I assumed. It just seemed that way because, well, I pushed it so hard.

EDIT: Not to say it was Amos's fault either! Just that the people who voted on it probably did so independently and thinking I swayed people onto it is actually kinda condescending :v
01-02-2015, 04:07 PM
Aw you're not part of credithunt no RVSing you for never having been lynched as-

wait where did that post go

amos...:V
01-02-2015, 05:19 PM
(01-02-2015 03:52 PM)GenetiXientist Wrote:  No, Stiq mostly got Stiq mislynched.

That happens sometimes I get that

but I got fuckin' six hours from deadline speedlynched

what the fuck is that.
01-02-2015, 05:20 PM
(01-02-2015 05:19 PM)Stiqqery Wrote:  
(01-02-2015 03:52 PM)GenetiXientist Wrote:  No, Stiq mostly got Stiq mislynched.

That happens sometimes I get that

but I got fuckin' six hours from deadline speedlynched

what the fuck is that.

I was mostly talking about earlier giving up entirely for no reason
01-02-2015, 05:26 PM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2015 05:26 PM by Stiqqery.)
(01-02-2015 05:20 PM)GenetiXientist Wrote:  I was mostly talking about earlier giving up entirely for no reason

This was a rough game for me. Like, emotionally.

I was kind of okay with dying but I sat on it for a while and changed my mind.
01-02-2015, 05:27 PM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2015 05:27 PM by GenetiXientist.)
I get that, my earlier games were filled with me stressing the fuck out over tiny things
01-02-2015, 05:29 PM
Mostly I'm... less fond of playing town as I am other roles, and Crowbar is kind of a "spray and pray" night action.

Also I had this sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach that town was losing horribly. No idea what might have given me that impression.
01-02-2015, 05:31 PM
Hopefully we'll just have less instances of town selfvoting in the future.
01-02-2015, 05:34 PM
Man, I was stressing out so hard when Pilot got nightkilled. That's a decent part of why I piled on Stiq like I did.

Finding out he was Cal was kind of hilarious.
01-02-2015, 05:37 PM
(01-02-2015 01:07 PM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  Taking note of not needing to think about how others view me as town...I was trying to look town enough to get myself murdered but I think I stuck with my D1 patterns after they'd ceased to be useful for a while.

Advice: name a member of the scumteam as his exact role publicly B]
01-02-2015, 05:43 PM
Oh! Silly me, why didn't I think to do that?
01-02-2015, 05:59 PM
Actual advice wrt getting nightkilled: scum tend to be most afraid of players who can actually lynch them

Aggressively pursuing your case, being willing to fight opposing lynches while advocating for the one you want and being willing to swap to a new target if you find yourself swayed or flat out wrong are all things that'll lead to scum needing you dead.

Even if you're completely off course, if you show that you /can/ make a lynch happen and that that lynch /might/ make it to scum in the near future then they'll be concerned about you continuing to breathe.
01-02-2015, 11:25 PM
I think you're being too hard on yourself here DC, you were easily one of town's strongest players just by virtue of the fact that you never stopped talking.

You need to work on being more confident in your reads though. Scum aren't ever going to be scared of you if end every post with "But I'm just a newbie so I probably have no idea what I'm talking about." (Important note: 'Confidence' and 'Tunneling' are not even remotely the same thing. Be willing to reconsider your reads if the world isn't lining up with how you expected it to.)

Tumblr/Steam
01-03-2015, 12:51 AM
(01-02-2015 03:45 PM)GenetiXientist Wrote:  That said: I got 4 with mine, Pala. And one of them was Cal.

I like to think my uncanny ability to immediately use our special kills, perfectly (if only I didn't second guess the Dini kill if only) and relentless deflection off of Goomba towards town members was worth something though GX ;-;.

Plus, my bomb killed you.

Anyways, Acio and Coldblooded are mostly right dC. We wanted you dead D1 only because you got some accurate reads and were being far and away the most active and pro-town while other players (Acio, beru, amos, etc.) weren't doing a whole lot/hadn't replaced in yet. When you survived our kill attempt and D2 came, we started to see that you weren't actually sticking to much and you had a tendency to back away from your suspicions when confronted - which as you know is in itself actually suspicious activity that can get you lynched, nevermind a reason for scum to not want to use a shot on you.
01-03-2015, 09:58 AM
Well to be fair, being hard on myself in personal analysis is a good way to make sure I'm learning from anything I could be doing better! I mean there's a balance obviously, but I'm not great at hitting it generally and I'd rather err on this side than the side of not critically analyzing my play at all. Still, appreciate the compliment =o

...aaaaalso I just remembered that I went back onto Stiq largely because Pala poked at me hopping off Stiq being suspicious. Clever :v
01-07-2015, 11:44 AM
Am I the only one to have won this setup as each of the 3 factions?
01-07-2015, 11:57 AM
(01-07-2015 11:44 AM)A Killer Cuppa Tea Wrote:  Am I the only one to have won this setup as each of the 3 factions?

When exactly did the Felt ever win this setup?

Tumblr/Steam
01-07-2015, 12:17 PM
^^^

It is an accomplishment for town to win any Dersehunt.
01-07-2015, 12:25 PM
Town won DH 1 and DH 3, if I'm not mistaken. (DH 2 was a hilarious mess that I wish I was involved in. DH 3 was just a mess.)

I think town also won DH 4, but I'm a lot less certain of that.
01-07-2015, 12:45 PM
Non-Intermission Dersehunts didn't use this same setup, Tea confirmed for full of shit.

Tumblr/Steam
01-07-2015, 12:58 PM
Town won DH4. I remember because my scumteam exploded early and the MC/SBHJ faction was slowly run down after.
01-07-2015, 02:34 PM
I vaguely remember DH4 being distinguished by Gamzee triple revenge killing N1 with his faction murdering him to accomplish this and hitting Ms. Paint and Hella Jeff, who was ALSO hit by the MC kill leading to that being wasted and practically confirmed jeff. And it went downhill from there with things like Noir invoking a failreckoning.

But yeah I don't think Tea can have won DHI as a Felt member because nobody has! Ever! Hooray! :V
01-07-2015, 05:15 PM
(01-07-2015 12:58 PM)Palamedes Wrote:  Town won DH4. I remember because my scumteam exploded early and the MC/SBHJ faction was slowly run down after.

(01-07-2015 02:34 PM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  I vaguely remember DH4 being distinguished by Gamzee triple revenge killing N1 with his faction murdering him to accomplish this and hitting Ms. Paint and Hella Jeff, who was ALSO hit by the MC kill leading to that being wasted and practically confirmed jeff. And it went downhill from there with things like Noir invoking a failreckoning.

H8NK
01-08-2015, 11:09 AM
Gosh, i guess i was wrong. D:

(Still the only one to have won as Scratch right?)

I think i might sign up for the next setup.
01-08-2015, 11:52 AM
Does Scratch-slick count?
01-10-2015, 10:20 AM
Of course not!