Complete Dersehunt Intermission:The Return of the coins [MC Win]
11-22-2014, 10:54 AM
RE: Dersehunt Intermission:The Return of the coins[21/21]
Ooh, my first lynch vote! This is so exciting! How should I respond?

Well, ordinarily I probably wouldn't respond to a single one but a) it's my FIRST ONE EVER and b) you're a pretty experienced Dersehunt player, Acionyx, so I figure if you're quoting my post and voting in a way that implies that's the only justification you need there's probably a pretty good reason for it. Hell, at worst a response would let me pick your brain about the game a little. Following the most likely train of thought...

Acionyx: Is there anything particular you want me to do/answer if the vote turns into serious pressure? (Yes/No is fine as an answer, you're welcome to elaborate on exactly what but I am not specifically asking you to. Yet!)

Also these coin things are new but I am guessing that asking for people's motivations for wanting a coin is fruitless at best (especially since the actual coin you get is random) and potentially revealing of information town doesn't want public at worst. So the only goal with coin votes is to try and give the coins to people who are town, yeah? (So kind of like lynch votes it doubles as a vote of "anti-suspicion" in addition to the actual purpose of the vote). Er, sorry if any of that's not good public speculation but I don't see how it possibly couldn't be.

Sticking with my current lynch vote for now, nothing's given me a particularly compelling reason to change it. I think I understand Acio's vote a bit better now, which makes me think I should put more effort and thought into understanding votes that AREN'T directed at me.
11-22-2014, 10:55 AM
Coin Mirdini

Lynch Palamedes
11-22-2014, 11:10 AM
Oh hey, votals are a thing right? Someone else (especially someone not at GMT +10 who might be able to provide them during heated discussions) is free to take them over, but I may as well do one now. Using full forum names to avoid confusion.

(I can't tell whether ICantGiveCredit's votes for "Coin" are a joke or if they refer to someone in the game. Included here for completeness. Also I took "mv" to mean Mister Visceral)

Coin votes:
Acionyx: 2 (The Other guy, Acionyx)
dichotomousCreator: 2 (dichotomousCreator, Mister Visceral)
Murderdini: 2 (amymist, Amosmyn)
SupahKiven: 2 (SupahKiven, Speed chuck)
Stiq: 1 (icanhasdonut)
Coin: 1 (ICantGiveCredit)
ICantGiveCredit: 1 (Palamedes)
irrelevantEternity: 1 (irrelevantEternity)

Lynch votes:
Mister Visceral: 2 (icanhasdonut, Palamedes)
dichotomousCreator: 1 (Acionyx)
Acionyx: 1 (Mister Visceral)
Coin: 1 (ICantGiveCredit)
Tehpilot: 1 (irrelevantEternity)
GX: 1 (amymist)
Stiq: 1 (The Other guy)
SupahKiven: 1 (dichotomousCreator)
Palamedes: 1 (Amosmyn)
musicalMaestro: 1 (Speed chuck)

Yell at me if any of that is incorrect!
11-22-2014, 11:13 AM
THAT'S INCORRECT

I am, in fact, lynching the coin

Edited for Readability and Preservation of Sanity - The Revolution - OP - Chapter 1/2 - Chapter 2/2 (missing maps) - Chapter 2 - Chapter 3 (Ongoing) - Chat
11-22-2014, 11:21 AM
Do I get a free toaster if I also lynch the coin?
11-22-2014, 11:25 AM
Yes. For you go against the magical monetary status quo

Edited for Readability and Preservation of Sanity - The Revolution - OP - Chapter 1/2 - Chapter 2/2 (missing maps) - Chapter 2 - Chapter 3 (Ongoing) - Chat
11-22-2014, 11:31 AM
...can't argue with that.

Lynch: Coin
11-22-2014, 11:41 AM
So it looks like I didn't miss much last night, then. Awesome, makes catching up a lot easier :D

So, I think we should probably try and focus our votes a little more, but in all honesty I have no bloody clue who to put them on. Any ideas?

Also, I'll retract my lynch vote for now, until we can sort things out a little more.
11-22-2014, 11:43 AM
... Lynch: Coin

Because why not, I guess
11-22-2014, 12:09 PM
Not liking this coin bandwagon. It formed too easily. Especially suspicious of dC, because of how he looked for justification. Toaster? Don't make me laugh! I'd say coin is probably innocent, and I want to hear reasons behind all of the votes. Lynch The Other Guy because I want to hear from him most.
11-22-2014, 12:25 PM
I voted for the coin because I get a free toaster. Duh.

The Other Guy: As far as who to direct your vote at...Mister Visceral has a bit of attention...I think Acionyx is the most Dersehunt-experienced person who's posted so far and they voted for me so going along with that might produce some good results...if all else fails, checking someone who looks like they're going for a coin (also me :V) couldn't hurt. This is all probably horribly wrong so someone correct me quick before things go bad.

I will also retract my lynch vote for the moment.
11-22-2014, 12:25 PM
I'm not putting a lot of stock into the coin bandwagon as a whole. it seems like it's just kind of a silly thing. That said, it would probably be easy enough for scum to hide in it. Idk if there's enough information to point out one specific person though.
11-22-2014, 12:41 PM
HOW DARE YOU DISMISS THE TOASTER

I WAS YOUR LOYAL SERVANT FOR THE TIME DURING WHICH YOU FOLLOWED MY COMMUNIST PHILOSOPHIES

unlynch coin

LYNCH DC FOR HIS TREACHERY

11-22-2014, 12:42 PM
I...what? It was speedchuck who dismissed the toaster, I swear! I even said I was doing the coin vote thing because of the toaster! DON'T HURT MEEEEEEEEEE
11-22-2014, 01:02 PM
[Image: afsf_by_icantgivecredit-d877gb4.png]

EVERYONE'S GONNA DIIIIEIEEEEE
11-22-2014, 01:13 PM
Lynch: OH GOD OH GOD KILL THE TOASTER BEFORE IT KILLS US ALL OH GOD OH GOD
11-22-2014, 01:31 PM
Okay, I think the japery has gone on long enough that it's liable to start obfuscating actual information. If it hasn't already! As such, I think I'll stop indulging in it for now.
11-22-2014, 01:35 PM
[Image: 500px-Anchorman-well-that-escalated-quickly.jpg]

So uh. That happened.

Although may I point out that all of that coin business, which I initially joined cause I just thought it was funeh and as such didn't take seriously, kind of just turned the start of day one into utter chaos? How're we gonna get reads off of people when toasters are afoot?

Deadline lynch ICantGiveCredit for throwing the game way off the rails, at least for now.
11-22-2014, 01:48 PM
Not really sure there were rails to throw the game off of, other guy.

Sorry for not posting yet, the email-notice subscription feature on Chocolate Pi isn't working for me, so I forgot the game even started.

I'll probably post some stuff later, maybe mechanicwise or about my thought process in the first DHI when I was scum.
If this game follows that one's pattern, nothing's gonna happen until someone claims to be Cans, so my inevitable mechanics post probably won't be interfering with serious discussion.

Meanwhile, I have a headache, so, uh, continue what you're doing and I'll be back then
11-22-2014, 01:55 PM
Also Lynch Mirdini, Coin Mirdini
11-22-2014, 02:00 PM
So my beore day bold post didnt count it seems so, ill just re evalulate my life becaue i bought a smart car

Coin: Acio

Lynch:Palamedes
11-22-2014, 02:03 PM
Also note that mirdini hasnt even talked yet, yet he already has two coin votes mspa
11-22-2014, 02:25 PM (This post was last modified: 11-22-2014 02:56 PM by anacreon.)
That is a viscous toaster Votals
Coin elections:
Acionyx:(3){The Other Guy, Acionyx, phantomEclipse}
SupahKiven(2){SupahKiven, speedchuck}
Murderdini(3){amymist, amos, GX}
dichotomousCreator(1){dichotomousCreator, MV}
irrelevantEternity(1){irrelevantEternity}
Stiq(1){donut}
Coin(1){credit}
credit(1){Pala}

Lynch Votes:
GX(1){amymist}
TehPilot(1){irrelevantEternity}
MV(2){donut, Pala}
Coin(1){The Other Guy}
dichotomousCreator(2){Acionyx, credit}
Acionyx(1){MV}
Pala(2){amos, phantomEclipse}
The Other Guy(1){Speed}
Toaster(1){dichotomousCreator}
Credit(0+1){[The other guy])
Murderdini(1){GX}

With 21 players alive it takes 11 to lynch
Confirming that deadline votes are in fact a thing

Deadline is Nov 26 midnight EST
timer

Edit: You ninja voters you...

[Image: sonicsig2.jpg]
Steam
11-22-2014, 02:28 PM
Hmmmmm.

phantomEclipse: I'd like to hear your reasoning for voting to lynch Palamedes. (Not to question your decision or anything, I'd just like to hear what you have to say about it)
11-22-2014, 02:31 PM
Also anacreon I believe the votal was ninja'd by phantomEclipse's and GenetiXientist's votes, they don't appear to be present on it.
11-22-2014, 02:32 PM
them ninjas

Steam
11-22-2014, 02:37 PM
So I have 2 votes now, apparently.

...Cool! :D

(might wanna get rid of my vote on the coin when you can[/b])
11-22-2014, 02:54 PM
the coin vote is your regular vote not your deadline vote

Steam
11-22-2014, 03:02 PM
ahh, k. Didn't realise that was a thing, that you can regular vote 1 guy and deadline vote the other.

...May as well take my vote off of Coin, then.
11-22-2014, 04:21 PM
(11-22-2014 10:54 AM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  Ooh, my first lynch vote! This is so exciting! How should I respond?

Well, ordinarily I probably wouldn't respond to a single one but a) it's my FIRST ONE EVER and b) you're a pretty experienced Dersehunt player, Acionyx, so I figure if you're quoting my post and voting in a way that implies that's the only justification you need there's probably a pretty good reason for it. Hell, at worst a response would let me pick your brain about the game a little. Following the most likely train of thought...

Acionyx: Is there anything particular you want me to do/answer if the vote turns into serious pressure? (Yes/No is fine as an answer, you're welcome to elaborate on exactly what but I am not specifically asking you to. Yet!)

Also these coin things are new but I am guessing that asking for people's motivations for wanting a coin is fruitless at best (especially since the actual coin you get is random) and potentially revealing of information town doesn't want public at worst. So the only goal with coin votes is to try and give the coins to people who are town, yeah? (So kind of like lynch votes it doubles as a vote of "anti-suspicion" in addition to the actual purpose of the vote). Er, sorry if any of that's not good public speculation but I don't see how it possibly couldn't be.

Sticking with my current lynch vote for now, nothing's given me a particularly compelling reason to change it. I think I understand Acio's vote a bit better now, which makes me think I should put more effort and thought into understanding votes that AREN'T directed at me.

Something I took too long to learn in my years of being awful at mafia was to not process all of your thoughts in thread. A good place to do that would be the Quicktopic. Even if there's nobody to respond to, I understand the need to get the thoughts down so you can parse through them.

Use the thread as its own medium. Put stuff out there that you want people to respond to.

I would like to see some other more experienced players come in and start doin' work now that the game is starting its first phases of getting on its feet. So it gets off on the right foot straight off. What do you guys think of DC so far?

I think he's been pro-town so far in his serious posts

"We love eloquence for its own sake, and not for any truth which it may utter, or any heroism it may inspire."
-Henry David Thoreau
11-22-2014, 04:54 PM
Quote:Acionyx: Is there anything particular you want me to do/answer if the vote turns into serious pressure? (Yes/No is fine as an answer, you're welcome to elaborate on exactly what but I am not specifically asking you to. Yet!)

Nah I was riffing on your "wanna pressure people going after coins" thing

(11-22-2014 03:02 PM)The Other Guy Wrote:  ahh, k. Didn't realise that was a thing, that you can regular vote 1 guy and deadline vote the other.

...May as well take my vote off of Coin, then.

One vote for lynch (which can be deadline or normal) and one vote for election (type doesn't matter because plurality)

Also

Lynch: The Other Guy

@visceral: DC is town or an incredibly giddy scratch
11-22-2014, 05:07 PM
Lynch Votes:

GX (1) (amymist)
TehPilot (1) (irrelevantEternity)
MV (2) (donut, Pala)
Coin (1) (The Other Guy)
dichotomousCreator (1) (credit)
Acionyx (1) (MV)
Pala (2) (amos, phantomEclipse)
The Other Guy (2) (Speed, Acionyx)
Credit (0+1) ([The other guy])
Murderdini (1) (GX)

Abstaining: (Stiq, Mardini, MM, Scofflaw, MG, DC, CM, Tehpilot, Kiven)

Coin elections:
Acionyx: (3) (The Other Guy, Acionyx, phantomEclipse)
SupahKiven (2) (SupahKiven, speedchuck)
Murderdini (3) (amymist, amos, GX)
dichotomousCreator (1) (dichotomousCreator, MV)
irrelevantEternity (1) (irrelevantEternity)
Stiq (1) (donut)
Coin (1) (credit)
credit (1) (Pala)

Abstaining: (Stiq, Mirdini, MM, Scofflaw, MG, TOG, CM, Tehpilot)

@Anyone: Opinions on Other, GX, Kiven and/or Phantomeclipse
11-22-2014, 05:39 PM
Visceral: Advice very much appreciated, I have a text document for note-taking actually! The thing about the coins was open speculation basically because I didn't quite trust my conclusions and wanted to see what other people had to say about it, but yeah I could have done that (and several other things) much more succinctly. I imagine it's partly the novelty of making posts in a mafia thread, heh. But yeah I'll keep that in mind, thanks again, and more experienced posting would be great so I don't have to try and fill the void with, well, that!

In particular I'm seeing how much Acio is getting done with very little said. Less is more?

Acionyx: Makes sense. As for your question, The Other Guy seems weakly pro-town so far and the others I'd quite like to hear more from, especially SupahKiven, before forming much of an opinion. (Waiting on phantomEclipse answering my question for more information on them, too)
11-22-2014, 05:51 PM
Still unable to get a good read on new players as a general rule, but I'm feeling sort of similar to Acio here.

That's either one hell of a coaching job, a savant, or town. Still early on, but the eagerness is nice either way?

Well, and, as Acio said, I guess Scratch as well since that follows from the whole (over)eager thing. I'm sort of still in the "Beruru's pulling the strings" mindset when playing a Dersehunt game, so my ability to tell anything about scratch is kind of dead in the water.

Also, listen to MV, though you don't need to do so fully. Stream of consciousness posts like mine are often easyto misinterpret since a sentence might not even be from the same timeframe as a different one, and specific things vs. general impressions can get muddled to hell and back. I personally am very open with my thought processes, even if I do keep some stuff back in my QT if whatever it is is just a vibe and not at all able to be supported by logic. Gets me in trouble a lot since some people automatically assume that anyone you say that you're even the slightest bit suspicious of is being called out as scum. Don't be me. I am a bad player who is too busy to format things right now.

ANYWAY: Judging by the MC QT in DHI 1, I was already trying to set up fakeclaims (I would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for Cal, dammit,) so, uh, don't trust any softclaims even in the earlygame? Also I was seriously digging for any sort of role-behavior claims, so be careful to disguise that too? I was REALLY bad at it, my god. Oh jeez, I do not like reading through my 3 years younger self, he's really quite rude : ( (Also I still believe that Lady English and that Scratches is a good band name.)
11-22-2014, 05:58 PM (This post was last modified: 11-22-2014 05:58 PM by GenetiXientist.)
EBWOP: If you're having trouble parsing that (hell, I'm having trouble with it. I need to edit my stuff.) here's the gist:
DC is very eager and he's probably town because of it.
I don't know how to find scratch tells.
My posts get really weird since I edit some sentences after the fact, but I rarely change other sentences to conform with the "new" info I've stuck in.
Scum are probably primarily rolehunting right now.
I was really rude and controlling when I was younger.
Lady English and the Scratches is a good band name.
11-22-2014, 07:13 PM
As for DC's question for meearlier, i for one, just wantedto palamede as my random first lynch, not to mention i already daid this exact same post on page 3, 10 minutes before day 1 officially started. So essentially arestatement of my random lynch.

Also its always sade to say 99% you can trust acionyx
11-22-2014, 07:14 PM
Thats what happens when i turn off autocorrect^^
11-22-2014, 08:05 PM
Hooray, exams are slain, time to exist.... eventually

for now, Coin: Mirdini

Vote: ICan'tGiveCredit

thoughts on MV, Acio, GX, bonus person of your choice? you've made your thoughts on the coin plenty clear
11-22-2014, 08:54 PM
I'm gonna go ahead and Vote: SupahKiven again, see if we can't get something out of 'em.
11-22-2014, 11:44 PM
I don't, and I still don't understand all of these lynch votes.

Lynch: Credit

Coin: The Other Guy

"What is Love?" -- Mc Hammer. You are almost certain MC Hammer said that.
11-22-2014, 11:47 PM
I don't have too much to say, I was never wicked sick at hunts or anything, but I suppose I'll answer Acio's question from earlier.

That Other Guy is... okay. Like, I wouldn't necessarily say they're town yet, but if it came down to the wire and it was between them and Credit or something, I'd go for the other person. Er uh... not Other, but the other guy. Wait.

GX has a lot of words for my dinosaur brain to process. I can't really form anything on him right now other than 'words'. Moving on, that Kiven guy is a total wiener. Would like to hear more from phantomEclipse (pE?) before I get anything out, as I don't really have anything yet.

Actually, I think I'll Vote: phantomEclipse for now. How about that Acio question? Thoughts on Acio himself?
omg what am i doing how to mafia
11-23-2014, 12:59 AM
Acio seems town so far but I wouldn't trust my opinion of Acio as far as I could throw it, and it's intangible so I can't throw it at all.

Unvote for now, will throw some weight behind the PE thing if it proves necessary.
11-23-2014, 01:03 AM
EBWOP: I have some interesting thoughts bouncing around, but I'm gonna sit on 'em and see how things play out for a little while first. I'll probably have a go at answering Acio's question a bit better once that happens.
11-23-2014, 04:19 AM
Unvote both lynch and coin vote for now, seeing as I don't really have anything on anyone. I just woke up though, so I'm going to retread the thread to see if anything stands out.
11-23-2014, 05:00 AM
I'm fine with DC, actually, if that's the question from MV.

Coin: Acio I feel like gambling on Acio being town, and if he wants the coin, I feel like he'd be good to use it. It is a gamble, yes. If past experience is true, I can't read Acio until day four, after he's killed me and I go to observerchat.

Quote:@Anyone: Opinions on Other, GX, Kiven and/or Phantomeclipse
Other seems fine to me so far, I only voted for him for RVS crap. Unvote
GX... has only posted what, twice? He talks too much. If he doesn't do this in other games, I'd say he's overcompensating to act casual, but I don't remember his other games. It's possible he's always TL;DR.
Kiven? I feel about like he does, it's been a while since I played these games, and I don't have any D1 stuff I really want to jump on.
pE is just pE thus far.
11-23-2014, 05:17 AM
(11-23-2014 05:00 AM)speedchuck Wrote:  Coin: Acio I feel like gambling on Acio being town, and if he wants the coin, I feel like he'd be good to use it. It is a gamble, yes. If past experience is true, I can't read Acio until day four, after he's killed me and I go to observerchat.

pE is just pE thus far.

yep
11-23-2014, 05:22 AM
Vote: Speedchuck
11-23-2014, 05:23 AM
For anyone who doesnt know me, i always play a relatively passive game up until mid-late game

by passive i mean, ill just pile on information from what ive read without thinking too much about theories
11-23-2014, 05:50 AM
Ugh I guess I should do something before I'm unavailable for most of the next two days.

Ambivalent towards #150 from dC - comes off as overeager and a little defensive which I don't see as a particular tell one way or the other but always puts me on edge. Then he talks about how questioning people for wanting coins is pointless but then being fine keeping a vote on Kiven for that exact reason? #161 eases things a bit better for me. The only person to look somewhat decent coming out of the coin lynch. GX's eerie super townread on him and Visceral just saying 'town in all serious posts' looks stranger to me than dE actually does.

Best case scenario Credit is Scratch and trying to waste a lynch early. Worst case he's town.

amymist and speedchuck are in bad places for making posts on the coin lynch and then just ???

mM's post is out of left wing for the credit vote and Other Guy elect. Not a huge fan of either move and would like justification.

Vote: Kiven. His post is not one I'm super fond of and going after Credit/pE is the kind of move that is so easy and safe and just really bandwagony. pE's posts after his vote are actually not great though so again, ???

Apologies but I'm not likely to get more into the game than this for a while, but for now I'd say my eye is on amy, speed, and one of Kiven/pE.
11-23-2014, 06:18 AM
(11-23-2014 05:50 AM)Palamedes Wrote:  Vote: Kiven. His post is not one I'm super fond of and going after Credit/pE is the kind of move that is so easy and safe and just really bandwagony. pE's posts after his vote are actually not great though so again, ???

I wasn't really going after Credit though? I admit I probably could have worded my post better, but I was just saying that I probably (going off of everything that's happened thus far in the game, which is very little at this point) wouldn't want to lynch Other over a 'lurker' or somebody who hadn't contributed much after the RVSish thing that happened.

Not too sure how my vote for pE was 'bandwagony' or if that statement was just a byproduct of the Credit thing, but I think I'm going to leave it there, because, as you said, the response post wasn't too great and I'm not really diggin' it.