Complete Dersehunt Intermission:The Return of the coins [MC Win]
11-26-2014, 03:51 PM
RE: Dersehunt Intermission:The Return of the coins[21/21]
lets see here people in 10 minutes we could have 4 votes on credit possibly how would that pan out?
chuck: As long as you're not being vague in a revealing way, not revealing information scum will want is fine.

pE: We do, but no lynches are notoriously bad. I really wish more people were around right now. Visceral! Say something!
Do not continue talking about this.
unlikely, but still
hehehehe fine, BRING ON THE NIGHT
11-26-2014, 03:52 PM
"This" meaning Speedchuck's thing; if we can get credit, by all means.
GX: Okay, but depending on the circumstance that puts a lot of culpability on you. As long as you're confident enough to sit tight with that, fine.
...Less than 10 minutes, now.

Well, at least I've got a taste of what's to come, yeah? Hopefully I'll be better at spotting hints in other games I join, along with being a little more helpful in this one. Anyways, guess I'll get off for now. Peace, erryone
11-26-2014, 03:53 PM
Regarding credit. We're not getting credit. There are Mirdini, Stiq, [MM] on credit if I'm not mistaken. We'd need 8 people online right now. We have me, you, pE, chuck, TOG, Visceral, to my knowledge. We can try but it'd be a HUGE risk of no-lynch, if not a guarantee.
11-26-2014, 03:54 PM
I'm saying that any more discussion of what speedchuck effectively hinted at is liable to get him to reveal more than what he already has, which may or may not be moot at dayend, but if it is not, then it would be a bad thing to continue discussing. Do you understand?
11-26-2014, 03:54 PM
EBWOP: Oops, there goes TOG.
11-26-2014, 03:55 PM
GX: Yeah, that's all fine. I just mean that there also exist outcomes where more discussion was a good idea, and if-

Yeah this doesn't matter, we have five minutes until the end of the day. I doubt you would be trying to silence important town information anyway. I'm just crazy paranoid is all.
11-26-2014, 03:57 PM
eh, may as well stick around till dayend.

Only 3 minutes anyway.
11-26-2014, 03:57 PM
Mhm, well, here's to hoping this is more annoying than crippling.
11-26-2014, 03:59 PM
inb4 we just lynch Snowman
11-26-2014, 04:00 PM
EBWOP: inb4 we just lynched Snowman
11-26-2014, 04:01 PM (This post was last modified: 11-26-2014 04:02 PM by Coldblooded.)
Dayend Votals

Lynch Votes:
Speedchuck (12) (Amos, TehPilot, Acionyx, [MV], Pala, [MG], [DC], Credit, [The Other Guy], [GX], [PE], [Speed])
Credit (2+1) (Mirdini, Stiq, [MM])
MV (1) (Donut)
phantomEclipse (1) (Kiven)
Abstaining: (Mquinny, CM, Amymist, iE)

Coin elections:
dichotomousCreator (6) (dichotomousCreator, MV, TehPilot, Kiven, Speed, The Other Guy)
Acionyx: (3) (Acionyx, phantomEclipse, Pala)
Murderdini (3) (GX, Mirdini, Amos)
Stiq (3) (Donut, Stiq, MQ)
irrelevantEternity (1) (irrelevantEternity)
The other guy (1) (CM)
Abstaining: (MG, Amymist, Credit, MM)

With 21 alive it takes 11 to lynch

And that's all she wrote folks. Please hold by for day end.

Tumblr/Steam
11-26-2014, 04:39 PM
~~~NIGHT ONE~~~

After an entire day worth of arguing, you've all finally managed to pick out a single person as the most suspicious. Speedchuck starts to back up into a corner as the rest of the gang circles around him, weapons in hand. Speedchuck continues backing away from the mob, right up until he stumbles over a priceless grandfather clock and accidentally sends it smashing to the ground.

A glow appears around the broken antique, slowly spreading outwards until it surrounds the entire Felt Mansion. The scene outside suddenly begins to flash through all eight colors of the rainbow, and the clocks on the wall start spinning around wildly all at once in different speeds and directions as the Felt Mansion becomes violently unstuck from time.

Great. Just what this clusterfuck needed. More time bullshit. Good going Speedchuck, you say sarcastically. Speedchuck curls up in the corner as the twenty of you proceed to wail on him with every weapon you've got for the next several minutes, but it doesn't seem to result in anything more than a few nasty bruises.

After a short while, you realize that your arms are starting to get tired. Speedchuck looks up at you and asks if you're quite finished yet. Yeesh, you never expected a group lynching to be nearly this awkward. The group shuffles off shamefully, and agrees to meet again tomorrow to try again.

Meanwhile, dichotomousCreator receives the coin and hurries off with it to places unknown.

[Image: DHISurvival1-1.png] [Image: DHICoinReceive.gif]

Speedchuck has survived a lynch!
DC has received the first coin!

Amymist has requested a replacement, a spot which will more likely than not be filled by the end of the night.

Night one starts now and ends in ~48 hours, or at exactly Midnight EST, November 28th. (Though there may be a short extension for Thanksgiving related things if people request it.) Please get your night actions in before then.

Livelist (21/21):
1. Acio
2. phantomEclipse
3. Stiq
4. Donut
5. Mister Viceral
6. Murderdini
7. Credit
8. Palamedes
9. irreleventEternity
10. musicalMaestro
11. MQuinny
12. Mecha_Goomba
13. Amymist*
14. The Other guy
15. dichotomousCreator
16. CriticalMiss
17. Amos
18. GX
19. Speed chuck
20. Tehpilot
21. SupahKiven

Tumblr/Steam
11-28-2014, 04:00 PM
~~~DAY TWO~~~

You awaken to the sound of a crowbar rapping loudly on your door. No wait, sorry, that was yesterday morning. Today, you instead awaken to the sound of a massive explosion. Everybody hurries downstairs excitedly to find out who bit it in the night.

When you get down there however, you see not one, but three charred corpses lying on the carpet, and after a quick headcount, you all manage to figure out who exactly these poor souls were.

Before starting up the lynch proceedings for the day however, you all agree to have your discussions over into the next room, since it boasts such incredible features as "fewer corpses lying around" and "furniture that isn't completely destroyed." God knows that the deceased here wouldn't have wanted you to be uncomfortable while you're trying to avenge their deaths or anything.

Outside, the sands of fate swirl ominously around the Mansion as you continue your voyage through Hypertime.....

[Image: DHIMurder1.png] [Image: DHIMUrder2.png] [Image: DHIMurder3.png]

GenetiXientist has been killed in the night!
MusicalMaestro has been killed in the night!
Speedchuck has been killed in the night!

Day two starts now and ends in ~120 hours, or at exactly Midnight EST, December 3rd.

Livelist (18/21):
1. Acio
2. phantomEclipse
3. Stiq
4. Donut
5. Mister Viceral
6. Murderdini
7. Credit
8. Palamedes
9. irreleventEternity
10. MQuinny
11. Mecha_Goomba
12. Amymist*
13. The Other guy
14. dichotomousCreator
15. CriticalMiss
16. Amos
17. Tehpilot
18. SupahKiven

Deadlist (3/??):
1. GX
2. musicalMaestro
3. Speedchuck

Tumblr/Steam
11-28-2014, 04:01 PM
Oooooooooooooookay then.

Just want to register my incredulous reaction before dissecting this happening.
11-28-2014, 04:03 PM
Im quiet satisfied with what happened. Also surprised.

Was speedchuck that guilty looking? Hm.

Ill be heading out of town until sunday. So this will be my only post until then
11-28-2014, 04:03 PM
Oh, would like to request clarification: Does the daystart fluff imply a Deuce special kill, is the daystart fluff the way it is because a Deuce special kill is the only mechanical possibility, or does the daystart fluff say nothing about a Deuce special kill?
11-28-2014, 04:05 PM
So, speed was Doze, Cans or Hearts?

“One day you wake up and realize the world can be conquered.” - Doctor Impossible
11-28-2014, 04:06 PM
AFAIK, hunts tend to shy away from flavor revealing anything.
That being said, Deuce kill is pretty much the only thing that could have happened here.

"We love eloquence for its own sake, and not for any truth which it may utter, or any heroism it may inspire."
-Henry David Thoreau
11-28-2014, 04:06 PM
(11-28-2014 04:05 PM)MQuinny1234 Wrote:  So, speed was Doze, Cans or Hearts?

Might be Cans, you want to read up on Doze, and probably not Hearts.

"We love eloquence for its own sake, and not for any truth which it may utter, or any heroism it may inspire."
-Henry David Thoreau
11-28-2014, 04:09 PM
Could have been Doze. Scum wouldn't know if he was Doze or Cans until the end of today, and a second attempt on Doze does kill him. If they were correctly expecting town to go nosing around at him, they likely threw in the Deuce kill to take out anyone who looked, not caring if it was "wasted" partly on Doze.

One of the victims was probably Matchsticks, I don't imagine they'd be expecting a Deuce kill first night. Will look over other possibilities now.
11-28-2014, 04:13 PM
Well that happened.

So, who wants to bet there was busdriving shenanigans in this murder? 'Cause if speed was something like Doze, they wouldn't wanna take him out due to the amount of wine he brings to the table (heh), and I highly doubt they'd speacial kill HB. On the off chance it was Cans I could see it being a thing, but still, I reckon there was a busdrive at some point.
11-28-2014, 04:17 PM
(11-28-2014 04:03 PM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  Oh, would like to request clarification: Does the daystart fluff imply a Deuce special kill, is the daystart fluff the way it is because a Deuce special kill is the only mechanical possibility, or does the daystart fluff say nothing about a Deuce special kill?

What MV said. Daystart fluff is completely optional reading material that has zero relevance to anything that may be happening behind the scenes. The only things that you absolutely need to know will be in bold at the bottom of the post.

Tumblr/Steam
11-28-2014, 04:18 PM
Busdrive seems unlikely. Chuck did NOT take a Deuce kill to the face for visiting the murder victim, since the only way that could have happened consistent with surviving a lynch would be a Cans punch and then we'd have a vanish on our hands. That means Chuck or someone he was bussed with must have been the Deuce kill target.

If Droog bussed Chuck, Droog would be caught in the blast by visiting the bomb victim. That means for a bus to occur, either scum sacrificed Droog for some reason or scum bombed someone COMPLETELY UNRELATED and Itchy just HAPPENED to bus that person with Chuck. Compared to the odds that scum took chuck as obvious investigation bait and bombed him...I dunno. It seems unlikely.
11-28-2014, 04:22 PM
My "utter hilarity" vote, incidentally, goes to one of the victims being Cal attempting to use his check on Chuck. Not entirely out of the question since Cal's check would pin down Chuck's identity for sure (There were only four possibilities to start with, one of them was Doze who'd die today, one was Scratch who, uh, Cal knows, and the other two return different results).

My "utter hilarity but even less likely" vote goes to Chuck being Scratch and Cal happening to be roleblocked tonight. But seriously the odds of that are stupidly low.

Not sure whether to proceed with dead townie role speculation, someone more knowledgeable please advise. Would like to note that chuck being Boxcars is unlikely but not ENTIRELY out of the question if scum believed chuck was going to die anyway (which would be a pretty reasonable position tbh).
11-28-2014, 04:27 PM
Eh, I dunno. Just throwing my 2 cents out there, tbh.

I'm just curious as to why they'd bomb easy wine for the next day. I guess the easy kills make sense, and is probably more likely, but I'll still just leave my idea there as a possibility.

...Actually, thinking it over, I can't think of anyone who it would make sense to bomb straight-up other than speed, so I guess you're more on the money.

Now, do we guess who died along with Chuck, or do we just go 'meh' and move on to lynches of the day?
11-28-2014, 04:33 PM
Well, the assumption that one of them is matchsticks is a good one. Who could be the other?

“One day you wake up and realize the world can be conquered.” - Doctor Impossible
11-28-2014, 04:35 PM
I *THINK* making public the roles that could have died with Chuck is okay because it's very obvious information, but just in case that's a boon to Scratch faction the only possibility I've mentioned so far is Cal. But yeah, I'm fairly confident Speedchuck was bombed on the expectation that people would visit the now EXTREMELY suspicious player. I have some other thoughts but am waiting to share with the class for some town consensus on whether sharing with the class is a good idea.
11-28-2014, 04:36 PM
EBWOP: See previous post. If you really want to know NOW, go look at the roles and see who has possible visits and who has visits that could have actually happened in this situation.
11-28-2014, 04:37 PM
I think that was a Deuce kill. Lots of bodies on N1, wouldn't surprise me if they put the bomb on Speedchuck expecting info roles to visit.

That being said, I don't think it's advisable to discuss Speedchuck's possible role. There's anywhere from a 50% to 67% chance that Speedchuck was antitown based on what roles can survive a lynch. Had he lived to another day, there's a number of mechanisms we could've used to determine his role (lynching him again, waiting to see if he dies, etc) -

- which he died N1 and there's no such mechanism in place to determine his role. If Cal did get blown up in the explosion, Scratch has to play super carefully, and the less roles we definitively speculate on the harder it is for him to become a threat. Doesn't really matter if the roles are dead or not, it still narrows the pool for incorrect guesses for Scratch.

I'm gonna look into having musicalMaestro/GenetiXientist being town/Cal and see if that gives me anything based off of posts/reads.

and now, hunger does what sorrow could never do
website | @tehpilot
11-28-2014, 04:44 PM
Well, we know speed wasn't scratch cause he would have survived unless cal visited him, I think. I'm not sure if speed(scratch) would have died if cal had visited him.

11-28-2014, 04:54 PM
Cal wouldn't visit Scratch because that would be a complete waste of a check. However, Scratch DOES die if Cal is roleblocked. Crowbar would need to have gotten incredibly lucky or be an amazing reader, but it's technically a possibility.
11-28-2014, 05:01 PM
List of who could have died last night! :D

Itchy
Doze
Fin
Crowbar
Matchsticks
Quarters
Cans
Cal
Scratch
(Also Droog and HB but highly unlikely (inb4))

So, in order of least likely to most likely:

Droog/HB

While this technically COULD happen, I'd spend the rest of this day chewing off my foot if this is what actually happened. I mean, seriously.

Scratch

unless Crowbar spontaneously went god-tier and immediately knew who Cal was, roleblocked him, and Scratch got blown to kingdom come, Scratch is still around.

Crowbar

There would be no point of Crowbar going to visit speed. Either it would do nothing (Doze, HB, Scratch) or stop Cans from punching someone through time, but why.

Quarters

Ehh, if everyone is a little iffy on whether or not Chuck is town or not, why give him a gun? Seems like a bad idea that could backfire pretty hard imo.

Itchy

On the off chance that Itchy decided it was a smart idea to busdrive speed with someone else, who could also be a big player during d1, but why would anyone visit them specifically? More of a chance than everything else but still probably not a thing.

Cans

Implying that Chuck was cans, of course. But hen, why in the hell would he try and say that his role wasn't too important, when he knows we're gonna see he has an extra life? That'd just put him in a terrible light when he doesn't die end of day 2, thus getting him lynched - again - d3.

Cal

Cal could check to see if Chuck was green or black, which could hlp him out in ways that I cant think of right now. Would be hilarious if this was the thing that happened, followed by a lynching of Scratch :D

Fin

I could see Fin checking to see where speed was heading last night, but at the same time, we just saw him survive a lynch so we know he's 1 of 4 guys, and 2 of them cant visit people anyway, but he could've been trying to figure out if he was Cans/HB or Scratch/Doze. Either way, it didn't work to well for him, if this is the case.

Doze

Again, implying that this was Chuck (who I will from now on continue to call Chuck to stop confusing people), I reckon this one is right, although I can't be 100% sure. Kinda sucks we can't ask him ourselves.

Matchsticks

Yeah, it's almost definitely a Matchsticks in there somewhere. As said earlier by dC, don't think Matchsticks was expecting such explosive results when he used his ability (I'm not going to stop these).

So, that's my thought on last night. Now let's see how hard I got ninja'd. :D
11-28-2014, 05:05 PM
TehPilot Wrote:That being said, I don't think it's advisable to discuss Speedchuck's possible role.

dichotomousCreator Wrote:I *THINK* making public the roles that could have died with Chuck is okay because it's very obvious information, but just in case that's a boon to Scratch faction the only possibility I've mentioned so far is Cal.

Eheh. Uhh.

Sorry?

please don't hate me
11-28-2014, 05:08 PM
TOG: It's...probably alright. I seriously doubt you said anything Scratch faction couldn't have figured out themselves. I was just being on the safe side by holding off on rolespec.
11-28-2014, 05:14 PM
Ehh, I probably could've waited for an answer, I just kinda jumped the gun.

Sorry just in case I throw the game for town D:
11-28-2014, 05:17 PM
EBWOP: Sorry in case I threw the game for town.

Although looking back I don't think it'll make THAT much difference, just puts all of the info upfront as opposed to having to search for it ourselves.

If scum are smart they won't even need this, if scum are new at this they probably won't use it as effectively as possible anyway.
11-28-2014, 05:21 PM
dC@Do scratch and cal start knowing each other?

11-28-2014, 05:22 PM
Quinny: Oh, that's...I just assumed they had a shared quicktopic. I am still fairly sure they do, but...
11-28-2014, 05:24 PM
Seems weird cause it says Scratch gets info when cal dies, which implies they can't communicate to me.

11-28-2014, 05:24 PM
EBWOP:It would be GREAT if it was the case that cal visited speed/scratch and got the faction killed in 1st night.

11-28-2014, 05:26 PM
Well it's not like it's info Cal can gather with any degree of ease. I figured it was just to make the faction a bit less binary, but then it doesn't really mitigate an early Cal death (since the answer will likely just be "four"). Modconfirm on this would be handy.
11-28-2014, 05:27 PM
EBWOP: Oh. OH. THAT'S why it matters. Dur! Okay so mechanics questions:

a) Do Cal and Scratch share a quicktopic or otherwise know each other's identities?

b) If Cal and Scratch are both hit by a Deuce kill, does Cal's protection save Scratch from the blast or do they both perish?
11-28-2014, 05:53 PM
RE: Dersehunt Intermission:The Return of the coins[18/21] day 2
cal and scratch do share a qt

Scratch would survive cal would die in that case

[Image: sonicsig2.jpg]
Steam
11-28-2014, 05:54 PM
RE: Dersehunt Intermission:The Return of the coins[18/21] day 2
(11-28-2014 05:27 PM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  EBWOP: Oh. OH. THAT'S why it matters. Dur! Okay so mechanics questions:

a) Do Cal and Scratch share a quicktopic or otherwise know each other's identities?

b) If Cal and Scratch are both hit by a Deuce kill, does Cal's protection save Scratch from the blast or do they both perish?

a)should given past games

b)just asked this and he does save scratch unless roleblocked

more important question If cal is roleblocked does he still count as visiting