Complete Dersehunt Intermission:The Return of the coins [MC Win]
12-23-2014, 01:20 PM
RE: Dersehunt Intermission:The Return of the coins[14/21] day 4
I wouldn't object if they were shot at night.
That'd be so nice.
12-23-2014, 01:24 PM
I will return in between an hour and an hour and a half. Have fun, people! Try not to go too crazy.
12-23-2014, 01:27 PM
@Goomba: I did point them out, have you been reading my posts?

Also I'm like 80% sure that one or two of his longer posts on me/Stiq/amos is as long if not longer than his non me/Stiq/amos posts put together today.

Ugh Visceral and dC jumping together instantly on amos' word is super interesting but we only have 4 hours. Also guys it's four hours obsessing over deadline votes is stupid. Deviant and Stiq are both less desirable lynches than which is awesome, though both still suspect enough for other scum faction though (which I had sort of completely forgotten about). Guess I'll go with Deviant because I like him less/there seems to be more of a case/he's more useful alive as likely town in a Vic!scum world than Deviant, but will try to be around later to switch if necessary. Stiq has two more votes and I might not be able to make it back in time Vote: Stiq.

Lots to look at tomorrow though, which should be fun.
12-23-2014, 01:57 PM
Deadline Lynch Stiq

I think that's 6 votes.

I won't be back in time to change this.
12-23-2014, 02:07 PM
Lynch Votes:
Stiq (3+3) Amos, [DC], [Visceral], Donut, Pala, [Reaverb]
Deviant (1+1) [MG], Stiq
MechaGoomba (1) Mirdini
Mirdini (1) [Deviant]
Abstaining (2) IE, MQuinny

With 12 players present, it takes 7 to lynch.

Day Four ends in less than 2 hours, or at exactly Midnight EST, December 23rd.

Tumblr/Steam
12-23-2014, 02:47 PM
Reaverb: It is 6, but unfortunately I'm already there so I can't exactly provide the seventh vote.

Palamedes: You can't possibly be finding it interesting that I jumped at the first chance to get Stiq lynched after what happened earlier! The fact that it was amos was mostly immaterial, it was the fact that the lynch actually looked possible again that made me hop on.

Also: " Deviant and Stiq are both less desirable lynches than which is awesome"...I'm assuming you left out a person after "than"? Or I'm failing to parse this correctly. My interpretation is that they're less desirable lynches than <ACCIDENTALLY OMITTED> and I'm interested to know who <ACCIDENTALLY OMITTED> is at some stage.
12-23-2014, 02:50 PM
family stuff's precluded participationg and now feeling sick as all heck rn (like, almost hospitalizablly so) but lynch better'n'no lynch and maybe I missed stiq things on reread and I guesss was selfvote and reasonably okay with sheeping amos from recollectos

deadline vote: stiq

if I end up biting the bulle tthough please look closer at Goomba/Kiviant tia
12-23-2014, 02:52 PM
(12-23-2014 02:47 PM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  Reaverb: It is 6, but unfortunately I'm already there so I can't exactly provide the seventh vote.

Palamedes: You can't possibly be finding it interesting that I jumped at the first chance to get Stiq lynched after what happened earlier! The fact that it was amos was mostly immaterial, it was the fact that the lynch actually looked possible again that made me hop on.

Also: " Deviant and Stiq are both less desirable lynches than which is awesome"...I'm assuming you left out a person after "than"? Or I'm failing to parse this correctly. My interpretation is that they're less desirable lynches than <ACCIDENTALLY OMITTED> and I'm interested to know who <ACCIDENTALLY OMITTED> is at some stage.

classic case of "than" when he means "then"

"We love eloquence for its own sake, and not for any truth which it may utter, or any heroism it may inspire."
-Henry David Thoreau
12-23-2014, 03:01 PM
Ah right, thanks MV.

Mirdini: man that sucks to hear D:. Get better soon! If it's any consolation we mostly seem to be fine with lynching Deviant and I don't think Goomba is faring much better. (I'm still in the "keeping a very close eye on" phase for Goomba, but I suspect others are further along the "Goomba is scum" track)

Okay so that's a deadline hammer, we have an hour to plan out what to do tomorrow morning. More votes on Stiq would be good for surety...actually all the deadlines are HERE, should we consider hammering? I don't think so, I'm relatively happy with "anyone who pulls of it now is going to look utterly terrible". Unless we're already at the point where scum can do that and win even with making half of them obvious, but I don't think we're QUITE there yet.

We ended up in something of a rush today, so I'd like it if we could be ready to come out of the gates fast tomorrow.

So first up is Beru's reappearance and subsequent "why town is screwed theory" announcement. Once that's done there's some talk about MV to be had. I believe that combined with night action discussion (if any) should be enough to get us on the right track.
12-23-2014, 03:41 PM
Vote: Stiq

Even in death I will not have any no-lynch fuckery.
12-23-2014, 04:00 PM
Lynch Votes:
Stiq (8) Amos, [DC], [Visceral], Donut, Pala, [Reaverb], [Mirdini], Stiq
Deviant (1) [MG]
Mirdini (1) [Deviant]
Abstaining (2) IE, MQuinny

With 12 players present, it takes 7 to lynch. Deadline is right now, please hold by for day end.

Tumblr/Steam
12-23-2014, 04:05 PM
~~~NIGHT FOUR~~~

So here we are at the end of the day, and it looks like Stiqqery is today's unlucky lynch winner. He promptly gets tossed out the front door so that he can go crowd surfing with the strange, horrifying horn creatures. And of course by "crowd surfing" I actually mean that he immediately gets impaled by like a dozen different horn spikes at once. It doesn't look very comfortable.

The crowd turns on in annoyance. Apparently they don't appreciate being used as a makeshift spike pit. You all think that they're overreacting, but whatever. Let's just get out of here already. Somebody gives the antique clock a good kick and suddenly you're back in hypertime again. Oh good, you were afraid that you might have to try and talk things out with the angry horn beasts or something for a minute there.

Anyway, you all split up to go do your thing in the night and agree to meet back in the morning again, blah blah blah, you know the drill.

[Image: DHILynch1.png]

Stiqqery has been lynched and killed!

Night Four starts now and ends in ~48 hours, or at exactly Midnight EST, Christmas day. Please get your night actions/wishlists for Santa in before then.

Livelist (11/21):
1. Donut
2. Mirdini
3. Palamedes
4. irreleventEternity
5. MQuinny
6. Mecha_Goomba
7. Mister Visceral
8. dichotomousCreator
9. Reaverb***
10. Amos
11. DeviantOne**

*Replacing Amymist
**Replacing SupahKiven
***Replacing CriticalMiss

On vacation (1/1):
1. Beruru*

Tumblr/Steam
12-25-2014, 04:00 PM
~~~Day Five~~~

You emerge from hypertime in the morning once again. The air seems to be a lot denser here for some reason. As you head outside, you can see dozens of strange, massive plants that you're never seen before. The mansion must have taken you sometime into the very distant past.

Not far from the mansion, you come across something that was most definitely not here when you first arrived, Mirdini's severed head. A bit farther past that and you can see the rest of him, all carved up into neat little chunks. Gross.

Suddenly, a gigantic beast jumps out from behind a tree and starts running straight at you. You all run back to the mansion, screaming the entire way. Luckily, somebody had the bright idea to throw Mirdini's torso at it, which seems to have placated the beast for now.

For the love of fuck, isn't there even a single period in history where this planet wasn't a complete deathtrap?! You hate this planet and everything that's ever lived on it.

Anyway, Beruru's back, there's a coin on the ground, and also Merry Christmas. Now choose who gets to die today.

[Image: DHIMUrder2.png] [Image: DHICoinAppear.gif]

Mirdini has been murdered in the night!
Beruru has returned to the realm of the non-vanished!
A new coin has appeared!

Day Five starts now and ends in ~120 hours, or at exactly Midnight EST, December 30th.

With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch.

Livelist (11/21):
1. Donut
2. Beruru*
3. Palamedes
4. irreleventEternity
5. MQuinny
6. Mecha_Goomba
7. Mister Visceral
8. dichotomousCreator
9. Reaverb***
10. Amos
11. DeviantOne**

*Replacing Amymist
**Replacing SupahKiven
***Replacing CriticalMiss

Tumblr/Steam
12-25-2014, 04:09 PM
ty Midnight Crew

beru, your thoughts?

Hey Stiq and Pala I noticed that I've been doing to you guys pretty much what y'all did to me in Frozen Hearts (what with the Mafia faking a night kill whiff) and coming up with a stupid thing that doesn't make sense. So I'm going to rethink things.

First order of business:
Lynch dichotomousCreator

"We love eloquence for its own sake, and not for any truth which it may utter, or any heroism it may inspire."
-Henry David Thoreau
12-25-2014, 04:10 PM
...Mirdini?!

Okay I was already basically certain of this but scum are probably killing via meta read and/or experience with who will be good town. (Acio/Pilot/Mirdini are obvious indicators of this)

Anyway. Hopefully Beru can show up and say her piece before we get too into anything else?
12-25-2014, 04:11 PM

Look, I could deal with basically anyone else wanting me dead, but you, MV? If you want me dead then I'm seriously concerned.

What's the deal?
12-25-2014, 04:28 PM
...well say SOMEthing at least. You were saying donut needed to bring a lot more to the table to get me lynched yesterday, so...what are you bringing to the table?
12-25-2014, 04:29 PM
hi, the thing i was going to say doesnt matter anymore, because there are obviously two dead scum, right?

right????????

"Have some wine," the March Hare said in an encouraging tone.
Alice looked all round the table, but there was nothing on it but tea.
"I don't see any wine," she remarked.

(06-25-2013 09:31 AM)Chirality Wrote:  And then everyone cut the simplest explanations in tiny pieces then set them on fire then threw them in a lake and poisoned the lake.
12-25-2014, 04:37 PM
I was never actually sure about 'dini personally, especially with an nk. Cal would make a certain amount of sense, though.

That said, if it doesn't matter, are there still reasons not to say it? If not I'd kinda still like to hear it. (Although only as a curiosity really, so eh up to you)
12-25-2014, 06:05 PM
i am not saying the thing because it is pro-scum which i assumed everyone would infer but obviously not

(06-25-2013 09:31 AM)Chirality Wrote:  And then everyone cut the simplest explanations in tiny pieces then set them on fire then threw them in a lake and poisoned the lake.
12-25-2014, 06:14 PM
...first game, Beru.

Anyway. Enough about that. I guess I'll wait for either MV to show up and explain himself or someone else to weigh in.
12-25-2014, 06:26 PM
well, u have an excuse.

people who are really scum do not. :D

12-25-2014, 08:32 PM
Oh cool 'dini died.
12-25-2014, 08:36 PM
Deadline Vote: dC

:y
12-25-2014, 08:38 PM
In other news:
I think MC are specifically avoiding me because they think killing me would mean bad things.
Which isn't necessarily wrong but it's totes boring.
12-25-2014, 08:46 PM
RE: Dersehunt Intermission:The Return of the coins[11/21] day 5
Deadline is very much appreciated, I was getting nervous about the potential of hammering. I'm assuming MV is currently asleep, but that flat vote is fine so long as not too many follow it.

Can I safely assume that if I ask for an explanation from you I'll get either something vague about elephants, "all the cool kids are doing it", or something similarly vacuous? If not, it'd be nice to actually hear something about these votes.

I have other things to address but I'm gonna wait and see where MV is going with this first. (Reminder that we should address Deviant and Quinny at some point during the day)
12-25-2014, 09:19 PM
deadline vote iE

you.

12-26-2014, 02:33 AM
Merry Scratchmas folks
12-26-2014, 02:41 AM
(12-20-2014 10:10 AM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  ...seriously? I guess Google didn't want me to find them. Man now I want to read through those too.
I found two more Intermission games besides the first intermission:

GameA GameB

They don't show up on google which is really weird, I ended up using the MSPA forums search function to find them.
12-26-2014, 03:47 AM
dC your play yesterday was scummy af and I think you're Scratch faction.

Tunneling on Stiq
Not caring who was lynched toward the end of the day
The rolefishy questions d1 (which I've disregarded til now :/)

At first I was like "oh wait he can't be scum because Stiq was scum" and then I remembered there's two scum factions. So there you go there's your raisins.

Also iE is totally dead next.

-Henry David Thoreau
12-26-2014, 03:48 AM
(12-25-2014 04:09 PM)Mister Visceral Wrote:  Hey Stiq and Pala I noticed that I've been doing to you guys pretty much what y'all did to me in Frozen Hearts (what with the Mafia faking a night kill whiff) and coming up with a stupid thing that doesn't make sense. So I'm going to rethink things.

I mean I'm doing to Pala and Amos what Stiq and Pala did to me.

-Henry David Thoreau
12-26-2014, 03:59 AM
i'll throw down a deadline dC and come back tommorow
12-26-2014, 04:04 AM
Actually dC there isnt a particular reason besides the fact that you're still being a middleman lynchpin and because we've been ignoring you because youre very likely not midnight crew.

I actually have you down as Scratch faction as well and have since the beginning of yesterday.

Frankly Im surprised I havent seen any obliterations yet. Maybe Scratch faction isnt going to win, lol.
12-26-2014, 04:15 AM
Like honestly I feel like I dont even need to vote for you because I'm so convinced Scratch faction are done for.
12-26-2014, 04:56 AM
Elect Vic

-Henry David Thoreau
12-26-2014, 05:02 AM
Merry Scratchmas yes yes, looking forward to what despair it can bring yadda yadda.

Frankly I sort of want to make sure Scratch faction is gone at this point? I don't have much of a read on dC besides 'generally suspicious' but right now I'm only thinking of general rage towards Visceral (even though he's anti-aligned with every other scumread I have) which isn't really productive at all. Probably going to lay a vote on one of them or the other (or, again, definitely Deviant if he doesn't get posting and posting good things). For now Vote: dC. Sorry but I don't deadline vote (plus it's four more votes until hammer and it's not like the MC can get away with a quickhammer at this point).

beru, Visceral, what are your thoughts on one another? Visceral, thoughts on donut? dC, why Quinny and Deviant specifically (there are like three other people who come to mind when I think of them).
12-26-2014, 05:04 AM
EBWOP: Right Elect Pala
12-26-2014, 05:44 AM
Hey guys, I had to get a new computer for Christmas because this one is crapping out on me, and I'm trying to switch. Responses are going to take a while (then again, i'll admit i'm not good at being an active poster), so please be patient. :c
12-26-2014, 05:54 AM
@Pala
Beru is being super frustrating and saying "I have info but lolno not anymore so I guess I don't have to do anything~" so I really wish she would start being helpful. As long as she's not being helpful she's p scummy to me.

Beru, which two scum are dead now? Dini and Stiq? :3 Now what made you start thinking they were both scum?

Donut is super hella scummy and also antialigned with dC. Could easily be MC along with dC being Scratch. Basically he's been dodgy, inactive, and the reads he's had are safe and he hasn't backed them up. Super okay with him dying.

-Henry David Thoreau
12-26-2014, 06:54 AM
I just noticed Teeeeeea
Teeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaa
12-26-2014, 07:58 AM
...right. First obvious question: Amosmyn, how strongly do you believe Scratch faction is not a threat? Everyone else: How strongly do you believe Amosmyn on this point?
12-26-2014, 07:58 AM
EBWOP: Actually, how strongly do people think MC is a larger threat than Scratch faction right now?
12-26-2014, 08:07 AM
inb4 dC comes out with "if you believe this then let me live and I will help you guys get rid of Midnight Crew bc I am Scratch faction"

-Henry David Thoreau
12-26-2014, 08:09 AM
God fucking dammit MV.

The thing I'm going to say if people believe it will 100% convince you that I am aligned with the Felt.

Do you understand?
12-26-2014, 08:10 AM
...and by "if people believe it" I mean "if people believe the MC are the bigger threat", not "if people believe what I said".
12-26-2014, 08:22 AM
...actually I don't see any reason to not respond to this stuff before I get answers to that.

Okay. Tunneling on Stiq. Partly concerned that Pala in particular thinks I'm scummy for either breaking off or NOT breaking off that, meaning there was literally no correct play once I came out heavily in opposition. Other than that I guess all I have to say is I am super convinced Stiq was scum and we needed him lynched.

"Not caring" who got lynched yesterday: This is just plain not true. I had preferences (Stiq being the OBVIOUS one), but was setting them aside in favour of "whoever town collectively thinks is scummy enough to lynch today" because we were headed for no-lynch station. It was almost certainly going to be Deviant, Quinny, or MV (Stiq came out of left field when Amos hopped on) but the way Pala was acting (among others, sorry for picking on you Pala D: ) made me concerned that we'd end up with a no lynch due to a few afks and town being evenly split amongst the rest of us. Hence, "I'll vote for whoever" meaning practically "I'll almost certainly be voting for one of these people, who I'm fine with voting for, but putting it this way means I'm not going to scare people off a lynch like Visceral did"

Rolefishy questions D1? Seriously? I'm gonna have to ask for an actual explanation of this now. Am I supposed to have been ruling people out as roles by asking what they'd do as that role? Checking them to see if they ARE that role because they'd answer in a particular way...somehow? I've just been accepting "ok that was rolefishy but I didn't know better" but I'm going to have to understand what information exactly they produced for Scratch faction before being able to say anything about this.

Anyway. I am currently remaining silent about my opinions on who we should lynch instead of me because if this scratch!DC thing sticks it'll drive people AWAY from them which is a pretty terrible legacy to leave behind. I've invested a lot of faith in MV being town and smart, a little more couldn't hurt.
12-26-2014, 08:29 AM
So you're saying that you're totally convinced I'm town, but still would've put a vote down for me as long as the majority also voted for me, just to get a lynch through.

So it took 6 to lynch yesterday. If the whole scumteam and a townsperson had ended up voted for me, you're saying you would have gone along with it, so long as we wouldn't have a no-lynch yesterday.

-Henry David Thoreau
12-26-2014, 08:34 AM
If the whole scumteam voted for you it would (in my current read of the game) mean one or more lurkers jumping in. I judged this sufficiently unlikely to happen that I didn't need to make a conditional for it. If everyone who was THERE voted for you, I think there's enough town in that group that...well, I'd be deciding that I was probably just wrong at that point. Much as I did when I thought I was getting about half of town in blowback over Stiq (which was an overreaction on my part, which is why I hopped back on that).

Also, I'm not just SAYING I'm totally convinced you're town. I AM totally convinced you're town, and you should know that.
12-26-2014, 08:38 AM
...and, honestly, in large part it was a gambit that that WOULDN'T be what happened. I needed to say I was willing to lynch you or your lynch train would assume I was in league with you, avoid what I was offering, and no lynch because clearly scum is backing all the good lynches. Not good :/
12-26-2014, 08:40 AM
Mrgh. dC is worrying. A lot of people were worried about NL near dayend, and dC's weird behavior can probably be chalked up to that. What worries me really is that he hasn't gotten NKed yet. The "oh I'm a noob so they won't kill me" excuse can only go so far when you put out that much content, especially with the coin.

I can't really say who's the bigger threat. I can, however, say that roleclaiming will help scum and therefore hurt town no matter which is the bigger threat. Unless you're Scratch faction. Roleclaiming would be totally great for town then.