FLEET FALCONERS: Jump 3: And all I got was this Dumb T-Shirt [BETA]
07-04-2014, 05:57 AM (This post was last modified: 07-14-2014 11:09 AM by ZeronFX.)
FLEET FALCONERS: Jump 3: And all I got was this Dumb T-Shirt [BETA]
Previous titles:
FLEET FALCONERS: An FTL-Inspired Excursion to Uncharted Sectors of the Galaxy [BETA]
FLEET FALCONERS: The Calm[BETA][FULL]
FLEET FALCONERS: Jump 1: Couldja spare some change? [BETA][FULL]
FLEET FALCONERS: Jump 2: Fee includes Processing & Handling [BETA]

You slowly climb out of your recuperacoon, grumbling loudly about the alert sound coming loudly from your computer. Sopor slime is specifically designed to block out noise, damn it. After fumbling around your room far longer than you should have, you are greeted with your computer screen having the message already opened.

“From Her Imperious Condescension’s Royal Recruiters:”

Oh boy. Just what you wanted. A draft.

“Treasured <APPLICANT NAME>,”

Your name is most certainly not <APPLICANT NAME>. It looks like whoever programmed this message failed spectacularly.

“Her Imperious Condescension is searching for a willing crew of esteemed trolls to embark upon a dangerous mission, the details of which will have to be kept secret for the sake of the mission.”

Yeah. Wonderful. Let’s not give away what we’re having you do.

“Due to mission requirements, you will be matched with a small crew on a small ship, each of you having to rely on each other’s abilities…”

Blah blah blah. More nonsense. You skip down to the part of the message headed “compensation.”

Wait.

That’s a LOT of zeroes.
Are they serious? This message is official.

Well, you suppose it won’t hurt to send in an application. Who knows, maybe you’ll get to make some easy money off of this mission.

---

[Image: z23DAGh.png]

Welcome aboard the HIC Falconer. Recently built, but for some reason not equipped with the latest technology, it is a small ship fitted primarily for extensive hyperspace travel. While most ships of this size can survive about 20 or so hyperspace jumps before being serviced, the Falconer is able to withstand 150+. Because of this, it does not really excel that much in other areas. For instance, it is fitted with some potent weapons, but these are meant mostly for defensive measures. If it were to face a properly equipped battleship, it would be blown apart in a matter of minutes.

The ship and its crew are tasked to travel through 8 uncharted Sectors of the galaxy in order to... well, no one knows, actually. Save for the Captain, anyway. Some rumor it to be an ancient species that rests in slumber. Others say it's some lost planet, with valuable minerals inside. The majority of the crew, however, don't actually care what the goal of the journey is and are in it purely for the INSANELY FAT STACKS OF CA$$$H MONEY.

Thus, 8 trolls must work together in order to overcome challenges and avoid killing each other in the process. Shudder with sobs as a member of an alien species insults your weight! Moan with agony as you're forced to fork over the credits for an insanely overpriced taco at a spaceport! Feel the terrified shock your character experiences as they realize they're going to be listening to the same elevator music for the entirety of the journey!

Oh also there are several situations where the crew and the ship face real, mortal dangers. But that stuff's far in the future.
...Right?

THE SHIP

[Image: M1QY0ye.png]
LOWER DECK
[Image: peUTPrH.png]
The lower deck contains the cargo holds, the Reactor (mid system) and Engineering (far left.) It is also fitted with two auxiliary airlocks.
MIDDLE DECK
[Image: MFxS9yF.png]
The middle deck contains each crew member's personal room, as well as the main crew airlocks and the Medbay.
UPPER DECK
[Image: 5ABWdLr.png]
The upper deck contains (in clockwise order, starting from the top) Shields, Auxiliary Systems, Weaponry, and Piloting.

STATUS
HULL INTEGRITY: 29 (97%)
LVL 1 SHIELD INTEGRITY: 100%
LVL 1 Piloting: Optimum
LVL 1 Shields: Slight Damage
LVL 3 Weapons: Optimum
LVL 1 Medbay/LVL 1 Life Support: Optimum
LVL 2 Engineering: Optimum -
Fuel consumption rate 100%
Reactor: Optimum - Power total (9) -
Power available (0) - Power in use (9)
LVL 1 Auxiliary: Optimum

SYSTEMS
The ship is fitted with several systems, the majority of which are pretty important. Here's what they all do.
Piloting: Collectively refers to both the actual flight of the ship and the navigational systems attached. Located in the Bridge. If damaged, it will hinder the ship's ability to dodge weaponfire and disable the ship's ability to perform a hyperspace jump.
Shielding: Refers to the shields projected by the ship to absorb enemy fire before the hull takes damage. If damaged, the expected happens; shield projection is impaired, and eventually, disabled.
Weapons: Refers to the ability of the ship to aim and fire its installed weaponry. Manning this system with a troll, preferably one that is trained in weapons, will drastically improve accuracy of said weapons and allow for specific targeting. Damage to this system will impair targeting abilities as well as the ability of the ship to keep multiple weapons powered at once.
Medbay/Life Support: Refers to both the efficiency of the Medbay to the Doctor as well as functions aboard the ship necessary to support life (oxygen recycling, sopor recycling, water recycling, temperature control, etc.), which are both (in)conveniently located in the same room. Damage to this will at first only slow healing processes, but sustained serious damage could cause all vital functions to cease.
Engineering: Collectively refers to engine functioning capacity and drone control, the former of which is self explanatory, and the latter is what allows control over drones. If this ship was actually equipped with any to begin with. Manning this system provides additional bonus to engine functionality as well as the ability to control drones. If damaged, engines don't function well, slowing the ship and causing it to consume more fuel.(!!!) Drones will shut off.
Reactor: Arguably the most important system of all, this provides the ship and all systems with power. By default, the reactor can generate exactly enough power to power all systems to full potential; damage results in limited power output. Manning this system allows for manual power redirection, though this can be done from Piloting if it isn't damaged.
Auxiliary: Collectively refers to sensors, door & airlock control, and various other subsystems of the ship.
INVENTORY
Fleet-Grade Standard Laser Cannons: Energy-based standard weapon to Fleet fighter-class ships. Continued volleys can send enemy ships jumping for their lives. Recharges at a comfortable speed.
Fleet-Grade Shield-Piercing Missile Launcher: Physical ammunition; can pierce shields. Focused on dealing hull damage rather than system damage. Well-placed shots can cause enemy ships to break apart rather quickly.
Espion-Grade Ion Cannon: Energy based weapon that is slow to charge but is capable of disabling enemy systems temporarily.

13 Units of Fuel: One unit is consumed for each hyperspace jump when engines are functioning normally.
10 Explosive Material Packs: For crafting into ammunition for weapons that are not energy-based.
Scrap metal supplies of 44 Units: For repairs, trading, and perhaps other uses.

Mission Credit Pool of 10000 Credits: For purchase of goods and services deemed vital to the mission objective by the Captain.

THE CREW

Due to the small size of The Falconer, a mere 8 trolls make up its crew.

POSITIONS

Captain: Xombox Zyltra The boss of the ship. What he says goes. He makes all decisions and deals with contact by other ships/stations.
Navigator: Hortus Renmor The pilot. They are responsible for plotting a course along the hyperspace beacon map and flying the ship. They act as the advisor to the captain and are second in command.
Gunner: Semset Shubek When manning the Weapons, shots do not (or very rarely) miss.
Doctor: Venlaf Dexine The fixer-upper. They have advanced knowledge of troll physiology as well as some aliens. While anyone can use the medbay to fix a broken nose, the Doctor is capable of saving someone from near-death.
Soldiers: Teufol Vacion, Kereig Dingam The brawn. They deal with combat situations, enemy boarding parties in particular. They are also equipped with stronger weaponry than the rest and are secondarily responsible for keeping the crew in line.
Engineer: Peztis Arbehz Only one capable of repairing Engineering, Reactor, and Weapons systems.
Technician: Elirah Kimara Only one capable of repairing the Medbay, Auxiliary, and Shields systems.

APPLICATIONS

Thank you for your interest, <APPLICANT NAME>! Unfortunately, all positions are filled and Her Imperial Condescension only needs you for normal Fleet-related obligations.

RULES

1. Each player is allowed a max of 2 trolls.
2. This a paragraph-style RP. The word limit is 500, but please don't feel obligated to meet it. I won't be a stickler about length, so long as posts contain substance. Collab posts will likely be frequent, and those don't have limits.
3. I am the GM and what I say goes. I plan to not have trolls aboard the ship but to control NPCs.
4. All forum and subforum rules still apply.
5. Please no godmodding, powerplaying, etc... it's bad RP and it's just rude.
6. Applications are accepted first-come, first-serve.
7. This is not a complete or set-in-stone list. If I chastise you for something, "It wasn't on the rules" isn't an excuse.
8. Have many fun.

Once all 8 positions are filled, we'll move on from there. Good luck and happy falconing!

"...wait... [BETA]?"
[Image: 5cPlP0i.png]

What does this mean? This is my first ever RP that I have GMed myself, so this is a sort of beta-test. Please bear with me!
07-04-2014, 06:38 AM (This post was last modified: 07-04-2014 01:17 PM by ZeronFX.)
RE: FLEET FALCONERS: An FTL-Inspired Excursion to Uncharted Sectors of the Galaxy [BETA]
FANART

Doedeer:

An accurate representation of what the RP is like:
[Image: 4IrOSWO.png]

The Condesce wants you aboard the HIC Falconer TODAY!
[Image: YvTJnIh.png]
07-04-2014, 06:58 AM (This post was last modified: 07-04-2014 01:48 PM by Xomb.)
RE: FLEET FALCONERS: An FTL-Inspired Excursion to Uncharted Sectors of the Galaxy [BETA]
Name: Xombox Zyltra

Caste: Indigo, hex 4B0082

Position: Captain

Appearance: A large, brutish specimen towering at 7'6" and 250 lbs with a painted visage, and a lower cyborg jaw capable of extended downward to clamp shut over a troll's head whole, Xombox is an intimidating sight ((that I don't have a sprite for)). He is geared in a set of spiked black armor capable of impaling any sentient being without too much force. His right leg was severed long ago on Alternia, and instead of a conventional robot limb he opted instead to have a sword grafted peg-leg style onto the missing limb.

Powers, if any: Does sheer brutality count as a power?

Bio: After many sweeps of brutality and debauchery on Alternia, Xombox leaped into the corps of the Fleet with reckless abandon. He is a member of the heinous Subjuggulator subset Subjuggurnauts, vicious shock troops capable of widespread devastation and enslavement. He soon rose through the ranks, becoming the "shot-caller" of an entire squad of these maleficent devils, dealing death in every advance. He is crude, arrogant, and downright malicious, but he is not entirely stupid, realizing that wanton destruction would hinder rather than help the Fleet's plans. He can be shrewd and insightful at times, and can realize high-value targets in need of subversion rather that outright massacre.

Why did you apply to be conscripted to the HIC Falconer?:
A-high-value-mission-like-this? This-seems-like-some-shit-that-needs-to-get-done, and-get-done-right. And-who-better-to-make-sure-it-does-than-a-fucker-like-me? I've-led-troops-before, kept-em-in-line, kept-em-sated-in-their-bloodlust-without-sacrificing-target-potential. And-even-if-I-don't-get-the-top-spot, I'm-a-mean-motherfucker-yo. I-will-wreck-shit-into-oblivion. There-will-be-no-faltering, we-push-forward-or-I-kill-all-of-them-and-feast. Whoa, calm-down-there-buddy.

Strife specibus: axeKind

It’s too bad that stupidity isn't painful. Ignorance is one thing, but our society thrives increasingly on stupidity. It depends on people going along with whatever they are told. The media promotes a cultivated stupidity as a posture that is not only acceptable but laudable. -Anton Szandor LaVey

[Image: 4GOEnp0.gif]
07-04-2014, 08:24 AM (This post was last modified: 07-04-2014 01:04 PM by Yaridovich23.)
Name: Teufol Vacion.
Caste: Indigo. 5b2e91.
Height and Weight: Eight feet. 275 pounds.
Position: Soldier.
Appearance: Holy shit, that's a huge Troll. He remains very similar to his younger self. He is almost ridiculously tall with impressive muscles to match. Ditching the hoodie he once wore at all times, Teufol now wears a helmet with a visor on it, which essentially covers the same amount of his face as the hood did. He wears a generic soldier's uniform with large, black boots with a matching pair of black gloves.
Powers, if any: None.
Bio: Despite his high ranking blood color, Teufol chose to be a soldier. His immense strength and durability in battle allows him to act almost like a tank, mowing down enemies and scattering them with powerful punches. He trains everyday to maintain his strength, to make sure he can always be a powerful fighter. He follows orders without a word, doing whatever needs to be done for The Empress. If only because he doesn't want to be executed.
Why did you apply to be conscripted to the HIC Falconer?: I am sure my fighting ability will be useful on this mission. That, and I would rather be on a small ship of eight Trolls than on a large ship with hundreds.
Strife Specibus: fistKind.
07-04-2014, 11:20 AM (This post was last modified: 07-04-2014 11:24 AM by Dudemaster47.)
FLEET FALCONERS: An FTL-Inspired Excursion to Uncharted Sectors of the Galaxy [BETA]
Name: Peztis Arbehz

Caste: Blue, #0021cb

Height and Weight: 4'6", 80 lbs

Position: Engineer

Appearance: [Image: sfpb6A4.png]

Powers, if any: Does being a genius count?

Bio: An inventor of weaponry by trade, and an extraordinary engineer by all counts, Peztis is always outspoken, full of ideas, and most of all is a scrawny, annoying, superior ass. After his dreams of running an R&D department for the fleet fell through (mostly due to his superior attitude alienating any and everyone who worked under him), he was forced to apply to the fleet as an engineer and offer his services to a solitary ship. This has not been ideal for anyone involved, because Peztis is and forever will be an ass. But at the very least, he's a hypercompetent one.

Why did you apply to be conscripted to the HIC Falconer?: Thiz zhip? Zhe'z a marvel. A work of art. Zhe needz zomeone who underztandz her to take care of her. Zomeone who knowz how zhe tickz. My zkillz aren't meant for zome zhoddy, run down junkheap like the rezt of the fleet, only a zhip like the Falconer iz worthy of my mechanic'z touch.

Strife specibus: pistolKind

QUOTES!
[19:23:14] Overlard: my mouth is not a doily

---

[2:42] Toots McButt: Ol wins
My dick in his butt
[2:43] Overlard: I've had worse.
[2:43] Toots McButt: You haven't had a seven foot long dick
[2:43] Overlard: That sounds like it should kill you

---

[1:39:01 PM] Neo: Like a great man once said:
[1:39:09 PM] Nory: my mom got matching dresses for me and her to wear

---

[2:53:44 AM] Dudemaster47: shaniqua stop it ur dragging ur polygamy in2 this chat
[2:53:44 AM] •The Silvster•: and my real life actual wife ™ is my friend asia
[2:53:47 AM] •The Silvster•: GOD
[2:53:50 AM] •The Silvster•: DONT CALL ME BY MY NAME
[2:53:52 AM] •The Silvster•: THATS AWKWARD

---

[4:59:57 AM] Dudemaster47: tbh I’m p. sure my parents can’t wait to kick me out once I’ve finished college and somehow managed to put some money behind me
[5:00:28 AM] The Necromancer: atleast your wasted, DM

---

[9:08:26 PM] Beren: ugh o'v en been tiered i'm sorr for not post ig if were waiting me silcypoo

---

[9:04 PM] Dudemaster47: yes im doing a sandwich at this very moment

---

[2:26:32 AM] Skvira: I play with myself for 5 minutes then kill you
[2:26:48 AM] Dudemaster47: that sounds serial killer-ish

07-04-2014, 11:43 AM
Name: Semset Shubek.
Caste: Teal. 008282.
Height and Weight: Six feet, four inches. 160 pounds.
Position: Gunner.
Appearance: Semset looks pretty much the same, except taller and just a bit more buff. He now has a gash across his face, and one down his chest. He also is missing his right foot, which replaced with a robotic one.
Bio: Guns! Semset loves working the guns! It's probably the most fun anyone could have in the Fleet, and you can't convince him otherwise. He's actually decent at it when he isn't firing randomly into enemy lines, though precise aiming isn't his strong-suit.
Why did you apply to be conscripted to the HIC Falconer?: I don't see why I wouldn't. I mean I get to go on a cool ship with some other Trolls and do some cool mission The Empress wants me to go on. How can I say no to that? I can't that's how. I bet we'll fight lots of enemy ships that I get to blow to smithereens which will be very fun. I'll just have to make sure not to annoy people too much like my Lusus warned me about.
Strife Specibus: staffKind.
07-04-2014, 12:11 PM
Name: Venlaf Dexine
Caste: INDIGO #4a007f
Height and Weight: 6'3" 160 lbs
Position: Doctor
Appearance: [Image: VenlafDexinev1Happy_zpsbd1b231f.png]
Bio: You're a doctor! Though you'd rather study a trolls mind. Unfortunately the fleet deemed that "unnecessary" so they made you learn how to patch a troll up. Least as the doctor you won't see lot's of the primary battles. Just the results. Which you couldn't be happier to have. You're cruel and probably unethical, but you get the job done. In your off time you'll probably be sitting alone playing your Theremin. Otherwise you'll be trying to get different coins from across the galaxy.
Why did you apply to be conscripted to the HIC Falconer?: from character's point of view I waNt to be part of thIs ship's crew because I thInk It'D be a great InvestMent Into MY Military career.
Strife specibus: Whipkind
07-04-2014, 01:03 PM (This post was last modified: 07-24-2014 03:50 PM by doe-deer.)
Name: Elirah Kimara
Caste: Violet #6A006A
Height and Weight: 6 foot, 150 lbs
Position: Technician
Appearance: [Image: zfkxRSA.png]
She is a seadweller of slight build and by troll standards is considered a little short in height. She possesses long hair down below her waist and a pair of barbed fishhook-type horns. Any make up she wears is meticulous at all times, just like her hair, despite the fact she often works with machinery.
Powers, if any: None
Bio: Although Elirah appears to be on the small side she likes to make up for it with big explosions. Especially when something goes wrong - for her the best way to clear up a mess is with a bang. Luckily however, she has the mental skills and dexterous hands to make almost any machine work for her.
Why did you apply to be conscripted to the HIC Falconer?:
The large amount of zeros at the end of the bill and one of the other creww members caught my eye. Wwe might be facing a high risk of death but I can't say I'm complaining... Caww.
Strife specibus: ExplosiveKind
07-04-2014, 02:25 PM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2014 04:58 AM by Overnightfuture.)
Name: Hortus Renmor
Caste: Green #005500
Height and Weight: 6'7" 220Lbs
Position: Navigator
Appearance: [Image: HortusRenmorV5_zps89f34b3b.png] or [Image: HortusRenmorV5HairCombed_zpsdc5f67b8.png] Depending on status of comb.
Powers, if any: Plant life very slowly decays around him.
Bio: Death, unfortunately you were always surrounded by it on Alternia. Looks like you can't really get away from it in space either, luckily you get to feed your other passions. You used to go on long walks and travel around a lot, so you got a really good sense of direction. This translated directly into your abilities as a navigator. You're also a tinker'er. You like to make lots of little clockwork trinkets. You build lots in your spare time, though you don't really like to share what you build with others. Everyone always disapproves of them.
Why did you apply to be conscripted to the HIC Falconer?: I wAnT To bE A pArT of This ship becAusE A smAll ship woulD bE A much bETTEr plAcE to work ThEn A lArgE vEsslE.
Strife specibus: Solderkind
07-04-2014, 02:46 PM (This post was last modified: 07-04-2014 02:50 PM by Dudemaster47.)
Well well...looks like we need another soldier.

Name: Kereig Dingam

Caste: Jade #008141

Height and Weight: 6'3", 170 lbs

Position: Soldier

Appearance: [Image: jWzsGrz.png]

Powers, if any: Zip, zippo, zilch.

Bio: Kereig spent all his life training for the fleet. Finally, his years of practice with the blade have come to fruition; he likes to think of himself as a master swordsman, ready for any danger that comes his way. With his swift, clean slashes of his blade and his trusty shield by his side, he seems nearly invincible in battle. After many successful tours in the fleets, he desires something more to challenge him; he needs to prove himself worthy as one of the greatest warriors the fleet has ever produced.

Why did you apply to be conscripted to the HIC Falconer?: whilst i darest not call mine self a "sellsword", thine reward is top notch! such monetary compensation couldst only be indicative of the greatest challenge, and i wish to prove mine worth.

Strife specibus: bladeKind

QUOTES!

---

My dick in his butt

---

---

[2:53:44 AM] Dudemaster47: shaniqua stop it ur dragging ur polygamy in2 this chat

---

[4:59:57 AM] Dudemaster47: tbh I’m p. sure my parents can’t wait to kick me out once I’ve finished college and somehow managed to put some money behind me

---

[9:08:26 PM] Beren: ugh o'v en been tiered i'm sorr for not post ig if were waiting me silcypoo

---

---

07-04-2014, 03:33 PM
Applications are closed! All positions have been filled, and we're about ready to get this show on the road. I'll edit the main post and then edit this one with plot information, then you guys are free to muck around on the ship before takeoff and the first jump.
07-04-2014, 04:16 PM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2014 10:53 AM by ZeronFX.)
RE: FLEET FALCONERS: The Calm [BETA][FULL]
PLOT POST

Groggy and irritated, your arrive at the specified location, which happened to be at a relatively small spaceport on an unassuming planet.You look up into the sky, seeing the binary suns of the system begin to rise. It was quite early in the morning on this planet, and you were ready to begin this mission.

As you rounded yet another corner of towers of shipping containers, the sounds of loading machinery permeating the cool mist around you, you stop dead in your tracks. This was it, the HIC Falconer.

While still technically a frigate, it's a bit larger and sleeker than you imagined, the sunslight glinting off of its immaculate red hull. It looked like someone took a standard fleet fighter, made it a couple times bigger, and jammed a building into the top, in the most streamlined way possible. You wonder if this ship is unique, or if there are others of its kind. Chances are you'd never know.

You had your doubts about coming, wondering if this wasn't some carefully engineered spam, but the presence of the ship, an imperial drone at the entrance airlock, and a small queue in front of said airlock and drone convinced you otherwise. You mutter a greeting to the other trolls present, who all mutter similarly enthusiastic greetings of their own. The aforementioned drone kept requesting ID of the trolls standing in line several times, giving each one long stares in between requests as if it did not believe them. You sigh. While all this was to a certain degree, exciting, this was going to be quite the wait.

----------

After several moments and a few daydreams of ripping off an imperial drone's head, you find yourself aboard the Falconer, finally. Gone are the worn out halls of overused, underserviced Fleet cruisers, replaced with almost brand-new, welcoming corridors of a new ship. If you inhaled deeply enough, it almost had that new ship smell.

Almost.

Knowing it would be at the least a few minutes before the Captain ordered takeoff, you set out to do... whatever it is you wanted to do first. What was that, again?

--- The next plot post will occur after the Navigator and Captain takeoff. ---
07-04-2014, 04:58 PM
Peztis walked through the halls of his new "hatchling", taking in the sights and sounds. With his trusty "Stinger" mk V holstered on his belt, he felt unstoppable. The Falconer was indeed as beautiful as he had imagined, inside and out. A task worthy of his talent and skill indeed.

Behind him was a small, ant-like robot the size of a football hauling several bags. Wherever he was going, he was sure not to be too far from home. After a quick walk through the corridors, Peztis stopped at his room. Ordering the ant to deposit his luggage into the rather cramped room, he was glad he left the larger stuff to the Drones. He sorted through his things. Clothes, personal items, "personal" items (he hid those out of sight as quickly as possible)...eureka! Pulling out a set of tools, Peztis waved to the small drone. The two of them headed off into the sunset to scope out engineering.

---

At the same time, Kereig deposited a large rucksack in his own quarters. After sorting his few clothes, a few of his possessions, a practice sword, and a small stuffed bird plush, he secured the fleet-issue Long Sword and his trusty shield to his double belt before putting the belt on. With his weaponry at his side, he was ready for action. Kereig stepped out of his room before...

Before...

To be honest, Kereig wasn't sure where to go. He stood in place for several minutes, trying to think of something he could do to pass the time...the ship wasn't exactly outfitted with a rec center. Deciding he might as well tour the ship, he headed to the elevator to check out the bridge.

QUOTES!

---

My dick in his butt

---

---

---

---

---

---

07-04-2014, 05:09 PM (This post was last modified: 07-04-2014 05:10 PM by Yaridovich23.)
A rather large Troll stomped through the halls. He wasn't angry, that's just how his footfalls always were. He wore his Soldier's uniform, adding a pair of black boots and gloves to the attire, as well as a metal helmet with a black visor to cover what the hoodie he used to always wear did. He arrived at his room and stepped inside, having to duck through the doorway. He didn't bring much with him, and all he placed in the room was a workout bench and a toolbox. After that, he left into the cold, empty hallway and started to walk around. Might as well get familiar with the surroundings right away...

---

Semset did quite the opposite of Teufol, running barefoot to his room and entering it. It wasn't very big, but he didn't really care. He took out a jar of sand and poured it in the middle of the floor and a glass case on a table filled with all sorts of rocks. He had more stuff, but most of it wasn't for his room. Hehe. He got out such an item, an old skateboard of his and started to ride it down the hall to explore...
07-05-2014, 01:06 PM
Elirah made her way onto the ship, followed by several drones carrying a hot tub full of sea water; since she was going to be stuck in this steel box for an undisclosed amount of time she decided she might as well bring some home comforts.

Almost immediately after entering she took out a small tablet device and connected to the ship's system. As the new technician she really couldn't afford not to be acquainted with the details of the Falconer. Flicking through the information she sighed at the standard of equipment on board. The ship had looked so good from the outside but it seemed like there was plenty of work to be done here...

Once everything was stored in her new room she left to check out the other members of the crew and track down Teufol.
07-06-2014, 05:01 AM
Venlaf strolled into the ship with a duffle bag of his possessions in his hand. He made his way to the medical bay to see the state of the room. It wasn't the greatest but he can make due with it. After his assessment of the med-bay was complete he travelled to his room and placed his duffle bag on the bed. He removed a speaker from the duffle bag and then his theremin before closing the bag's other contents. Then he began to set his theremin up.

--------------------

Hortus walked towards the ship wide eyed. It looked large but small enough that he wouldn't have to deal with so many people. It was perfect. He walked in and instantly went to his room throwing his rucksack on the bed. He looked around the room analysing it. Then he took a deep breath through his respirator and reached towards the clasp at the back of it. Then he shook his head and dropped his arms to the side. He sat down on his bed unsure of what to do.
07-06-2014, 05:09 AM
Xombox stood far back off in the shadows as everyone else entered the ship, not even bothering to greet them himself. So this was his crew, eh? He had recieved their profiles beforehand, which admittedly didn't have a lot of data about them. He was glad he could get his spasming about the oliveblood's appearance out of his system before actually being on the ship; a mutation like that wasn't necessarily rare, but if he had made it to the fleet surely it wasn't too terrible, especially if he made it past the Condensce's screening process. Xombox just hoped that he was anything but the navigator.

Yes, in what had to be a small joke, none of the profiles included the positions of the crew. Not that he was too concerned, some of it was just blatantly obvious. And he was rather joyful to learn he would get to have a mission with an old Alternian pal. What he was more concerned about was the few details of the mission itself. It didn't even include details on where to go, only what they had to do. Still, he was sure at the least the navigator would have that information, otherwise this would be quite the clusterfuck.

As the last troll boarded the ship, Xombox made his way forward himself, a few drones falling in step behind him carrying an assortment of shit among them: what appeared to be a torture rack, computer equipment and large speakers, a large canvas, and a large imposing black chest. This was the shit he needed, yes. As he approached the imperial drone standing guard he promptly handed it his identification, which promptly took too fucking long and gave him a bad look. After he retrieved his ID he lept atop the drone, planting his feet on its shoulders and uncaptchaloguing a large battleaxe. Three swings later the drone was devoid of a head and Xombox was finally aboard the Falconer after giving orders to stow his equipment in his cabin.

As he waited for the airlock to finish its cycle he made sure to blunt his sword-leg; wouldn't want to stab a hole in the ship now would we? He also reached behind him into the large satchel slung across the small of his back, rummaging around a small bit before retrieving two items: a tricorne hat, and a rather dead, rotting squawkbeast. After impaling the decaying bird onto a shoulder spike of his armor and donning his hat, he entered the lift and keyed for the upper deck.

After the lift doors opened he was presented with the Auxiliary Systems area. He swept past the consoles and screens and blinking lights and whatnot to the doors at the end. And now he found himself in his new element, the bridge. After a quick glance around the room he found himself satisfied; the instruments and monitors seemed to be well within Fleet standards if not above them. He had been in some rather craptastic crafts before. After some swift searching he found what he was looking for: the intercom system. After clearing his throat a small bit he clicked the key for the shipwide command.

"Alright-motherfuckers-this-is-yer-captain-speaking. Drop-whatever-bullshit-yer-doin-and-get-to-the-bridge-quicklike. I-ain't-gonna-have-none-of-this-bullshit-of-not-knowing-who-the-fuck-is-aboard-my-ship-before-we're-deep-out-in-space-and-something's-gone-wrong. Move-yer-chutes, grubs." he growled harshly into the mic before moving to the middle of the viewport, turning to face the doors and stand akimbo, his hands clasped behind his back, squawkbeast hanging limply from his shoulder.

Oh yeah. He was a true captain now. All he needed was an eyepatch, shit he knew he forgot something.

It’s too bad that stupidity isn't painful. Ignorance is one thing, but our society thrives increasingly on stupidity. It depends on people going along with whatever they are told. The media promotes a cultivated stupidity as a posture that is not only acceptable but laudable. -Anton Szandor LaVey

07-06-2014, 05:34 AM
Venlaf showed physical signs of pain from the dialect of the captain. He didn't have a good feeling about meeting him. Getting up he made his way towards the bridge, when he saw the captain he stifled what would have been a very loud laugh. The captain looked like an idiot and he would have to fight making any comments or risk getting hurt by him.

Though he was initially halfway into the room on his arrival, he stepped back towards the opposite wall of the captain and stood with a perfect posture and his arms behind his back with one leather gloved had holding the other. He had to maintain his appearance after all. It was a good thing he stepped back as well since a green blood had just walked in and probably would have taken the same spot Venlaf occupied if he were not already there.

-----------------

Hortus jumped up at the sound over the intercom and started walking towards the bridge immediately. He was eager to meet the rest of the crew seeing as this was his first ship he would be on in the fleet.

When he arrived he instantly lost all of his eagerness. The captain was a very intimidating man and Hortus instantly slinked to the back of the room. Or he would have, if that other indigo wasn't there already. He reached to the back of his respirator and clicked a button. The fans on the front started running and he gulped down some air before hitting the button on the back again so that the fans stopped. Then he stood nervously waiting for everyone else's arrival.
07-06-2014, 05:44 AM
Teufol looked up as a familiar voice screeched over the intercom. It couldn't be...He quickly made his way to the bridge as instructed and duck in through the door. He looked around and noticed the Low Blood and fellow Indigo. He paid them no mind. He looked up and...yep, he thought so. Xombox was the captain. As always, Teufol kept a poker face. The only sign of recognition he gave of Xombox was a very slight nod in his direction.

---

Semset, meanwhile, was about to pull out a wasp hive when the captain spoke over the intercom. Well, he sounded like a strange fellow. And strange could mean fun! Semset skateboarded into the room, plowing right into Teufol and onto the ground, the taller Troll not budging, and just glanced behind at the Teal Blood. Semset saw two more Trolls behind him, an Indigo and a Olive with a slight mutation. How interesting...He turned and looked at the captain and...aw, the poor bird. He liked birds! Oh well, he wasn't gonna say anything. He dusted himself off and put his skateboard in his Sylladex and looked up at Xombox with a wide, toothy grin.
07-06-2014, 07:07 AM
Kereig was quickly on the scene of the bridge, standing at attention and saluting the captain. He didn't really know anyone, but...he was a good soldier, through and through.

"kereig dingam at thine service, sire! er...reporting for duty!"

---

Peztis groaned in annoyance when he heard the announcement. Motioning to the small robot to continue to Engineering so it could begin running Pre-Takeoff Checks, he rolled his eyes behind his rather ridiculous sunglasses and turned around, walking back to the elevator to make his way to the bridge. Upon entering, he looked up at the rest of the trolls (taking a moment to glare at Kerieg), all of whom were much taller than him. Quickly identifying the clown as the captain, he...grunted. Of all people to be put in charge of a valuable ship on an important mission...it had to be a clown. He removed the shades and cleaned them off.

"Wow. Quite a zight to behold, captain. Now if you excuze me, zome of uz have jobz to do. Not all of uz get to walk around looking like Captain Hook, you know. I'll be taking my leave now zo I can get thiz beautiful piece of engineering running at maximum efficiency. Juzt try not to crazh her. Not that I don't truzt you, but...I don't truzt you. I'm out."

Peztis turned around immediately and begins heading toward the door.

QUOTES!

---

My dick in his butt

---

---

---

---

---

---

07-06-2014, 08:09 AM
Upon hearing the petulant, condescending tone of Peztis Xombox's blood began to heat up. Upon him excusing HIMSELF to go do what Xombox was planning on making him do in the first place, the Subjuggurnaut lost what little cool he had. Before the blueblood was out the door Xombox was upon him, spinning him around by his shoulder, cupping his hand tightly around Peztis' throat, and pinning him up against the nearest bulkhead in a chokehold. The clown captain got right in his face and growled.

"Listen-here-you-shitgobbling-bitchbox, YOU-don't-get-to-say-what-the-fuck-you-do. I-say-what-the-fuck-goes-on-around-here. Yer-right, we-do-got-jobs-to-do. And-at-all-times, yer-job-is-to-do-what-the-fuck-I-say-unless-I-say-otherwise. I've-read-yer-profile-Peztis. I-know-enough-to-know-I-don't-like-you. Now, you-wanna-be-a-fucknut? Go-right-ahead. But-keep-your-bullshit-away-from-me. Now-you-can-get-down-to-yer-precious-Engineering-sector, but-I-swear-to-the-Minstrels-if-you-stay-there-the-whole-time-and-neglect-your-other-stations-I-will-throw-you-in-my-personal-rack-until-you-learn-the-value-of-doing-what-yer-fuckin-told. Now-get-the-fuck-off-my-deck, the-only-time-I-want-you-even-close-to-this-bridge-without-being-summoned-is-fer-the-weapons-systems-YOU-GOT-THAT-YOU-CHUTEJOCKEY?!" he snarled at the engineer, roaring the last bit with force. He then unhinged his jaw so that it had raised to cover his whole head, readily apparently Xombox can put a whole new meaning on "bite your head off".

He then threw Peztis into the auxiliary control, keying the panel to close behind him before stalking back over to his original position, fuming as he straightened his squawkbeast.

07-06-2014, 01:25 PM
If someone was listening closely to Venlaf, you would hear him say "BarbarIc IDIot." under his breath.

-------------------

Hortus is terrified. He stands as straight as he can so as to not get in any trouble.
07-07-2014, 07:02 AM
Elirah had had little success meeting anyone in the ship, but had managed to get a decent look-around in the process. When the captain's announcement ended she sighed and made her way up to the bridge.

Hearing raised voices and the clashing of bodies against metal she held back for a bit. From what she gathered from his message, that must be the captain making someone's acquaintance. She waited until it was quiet again before walking through the door.

"Hmm, what a shame, it seems like the fun's starting wwithout me..."
07-07-2014, 07:10 AM
Teufol watched in silence as Xombox assaulted the Blue Blood. He felt it was a bit of an overreaction, but normal by Xombox standards. Then, Elirah came in. He was wondering where she was, she took quite a while to get here. Like with Xombox, he only gave her a small nod of recognition.

---

On the opposite end of the reaction spectrum, Semset let out a laugh as Xombox threw the tiny, angry Troll out of the room. Oh, he knew this was going to be a fun trip! Those Subjugglators knew how to have a crazy time! When Elirah entered, he looked her over with his single eye. Ooh, he didn't know any girls were going to be on board...
07-07-2014, 07:21 AM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2014 07:22 AM by Dudemaster47.)
Kereig watched his captain assault a...former "acquaintance" of his. He straightens himself even further, trying to hide a smirk. He opens his mouth to say something...but quickly reconsiders, realizing that he might just get a similar reaction from the captain if he were to speak without being spoken to.

---

Peztis landed hard. Coughing as he got up, he slowly adjusted his glasses and smoothed out his hair. Muttering the word "Azzhole" under his breath, he left the room and headed down to Engineering with both his body and his ego somewhat bruised.

QUOTES!

---

My dick in his butt

---

---

---

---

---

---

07-07-2014, 07:33 AM
Xombox cleared his throat after the last of the crew walked in. Okay, good. Looking around at them for the true first time, Xombox surveyed them as such. Welp. They were so fucked. Seemed only Xombox himself and Teufol would be surviving this...

"Alright-y'all, listen-up-and-listen-up-good. Ya-know-why-we're-here. Actually, you-don't. And-yer-not-gonna. Information's-on-a-strictly-need-to-know-basis, and-ya-don't-need-to-fuckin-know. What-ya-DO-need-to-know-is-you'll-be-doin-what-I-say, when-I-say-it-without-fuckin-argument. Any-dissent-among-the-crew, and-ya-get-the-same-treatment-that-sniveling-douchebiscuit-just-got. I-expect-ya-to-man-yer-stations-and-to-keep-them-at-full-potential-at-all-times. I-got-yer-profiles, I-can-figure-which-of-you-does-what. I-can-only-guess-the-recruiters-got-the-best-of-whoever-applied, and-I'm-really-hopin-y'all-can-keep-this-ship-from-falling-apart. We-push-forward, we-get-this-shit-done, we-all-come-back-in-one-piece. Any-faltering-and-I-swear-I-will-end-ya. Now, will-the-navigator-step-the-fuck-forward-and-punch-in-the-coordinates-for-wherever-the-fuck-we're-going-first?" Xombox boomed as he paced up and down the bridge, gazing at each of the crew present in turn, straightening the squawkbeast perched on his shoulder spike any time it was in danger of falling off.

He was really, REALLY hoping that the lowest blood in there was not his navigator. Please be the seadweller...

07-07-2014, 08:06 AM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2014 08:12 AM by Overnightfuture.)
A couple seconds passed before Hortus realized he was spoken to. He stepped forward"HorTus REnmor s-sir." he walked towards the helm, visibly shaking. Upon sitting down and viewing their location he looked towards Xombox and said. “S-Sir, wE HAvE THrEE locATions To mAkE our firsT jump TowArDs. WE cAn jump Along THE fAsTEsT pATH To THE ExiT, wE cAn jump TowArDs A DisTrEss bEAkon, or wE cAn go TowArDs An ArEA wiTH A nEbulA.

Xombox considered for a few moments, resisting the urge to vomit and break shit at the knowledge that he had an OLIVEBLOOD as a second-in-command. What a fucking disgrace.
“What-is-the-origin-of-the-distress-beacon? Fleet-or-alien?” Xombox queried, not knowing if the sensors could pick up alien distress calls or not.

WE cAnnoT TEll THE DiffErEncE sir. THE sEnsors Don’T work THAT wAy.” Hortus said, hand still visibly shaking. It was taking every amount of self control he had to not reach for the fans on his respirator.

”Great. Well-I-guess-it-don’t-matter-either-way. Key-for-the-distress-beacon, either-way-we’re-gonna-go-and-fuck-some-shit-up. The-rest-of-ya, pick-a-station, sound-off-where-yer-goin, get-there, and-give-me-a-sitrep. I-want-us-battle-ready-in-two-minutes.” Xombox ordered, looking around at them just daring to disobey. He finally gave a slight nod in Teufol’s direction before sitting down in the awesome captain’s chair. There was alway a captain’s chair.

Hortus typed some things into the helm. “OkAy sir, I’vE givEn us A fivE minuTE lAuncH TimEr TowArDs THE DisTrEss bEAkon.” Then he waited as everyone went to their stations.

-------------

Venlaf finally stepped up from the back of the room and said “VENLAF DEXINE. I aM the Doctor here. If aNy of you are IN NeeD of MeDIcal assIstaNce theN speak to ME.” before he strolled off to the med-bay at a rate of speed that would surely take more than two minutes to arrive.
07-07-2014, 08:38 AM
Kereig remains at attention, trying to figure out what to do. After a full minute of standing there after the captain told them to figure out their stations, Kereig finally realized that they had been given an...unorthodox version of the "at ease" command and relaxed. But...what could he do? He wasn't exactly...trained in anything more than fighting. Except...

Kereig remembered the "Shield" systems. Well...he did have a shield! Yes, this is clearly a sign! After all, someone trained in the art of shielding could probably work a ship's shielding system easily!

sire! er...sir! i shalt man thy shields!

He rushes off into the shielding station. As he entered the room and looked over the systems, he realized a bit too late that he had no goddamned clue what he was doing.

---

Peztis finally reached Engineering once more, and retrieved a small tablet device from the tool kit his robotic helper had brought down in order to run the system checks. Well, while he had wasted his time, his little aid had successfully run the pre-takeoff checks. He scanned over the results...everything was ready to go. Good, now all he needed to maintain and improve. He sent his helper to the reactor room to continue the checks, and within two minutes the robotic ant is back with the list. Peztis ran over it, confirming everything as being ship shape.

He turned on the intercom and spoke into it clearly. Thiz iz Engineering. All zyztemz are go, I repeat all zyztemz are go. With a roll of his eyes he shut it off, muttering that the captain would probably crash this ship right after liftoff.

QUOTES!

---

My dick in his butt

---

---

---

---

---

---

07-07-2014, 08:56 AM
Elirah nodded at Xombox before turning to Teufol and smiling,

"See you later... Caww."

She headed towards the Auxiliary room, slipping into the seat and activating the monitors. Scanning over them she flicked on the intercom

"Confirmed. All auxiliary systems are online and ready."

She crossed her legs and sank back in the chair, checking her nails. It was good to see the crew consisted of mainly highbloods. Not that she was particularly fussed by lowbloods by any means, but it was nice to know there was more of a chance they'd make it out all alive. The captain was certainly an interesting choice, but he'd been hand-picked she re-assured herself, so there must be some successful method to his madness...
07-07-2014, 09:06 AM
Teufol looked up at Xombox, opening his mouth and speaking for the first time. His voice would be naturally loud, and impossible deep. "I will be with Σlirah until I am needed elsewhere, Xombox." With that, he turned around and stomped down the hall, going to the auxiliary systems, standing behind the seat Elirah was sitting in.

---

Semset nodded excitedly and saluted Xombox with much gusto. I'm gonna go check out the weapons I'm sure we'll have a lot of fun ones and I just really want to see what they're like. He left the room, but kept talking louder and louder as he got farther away. I'll try not to break anything because that would be bad. Could you imagine if I busted a window? Boy that would be trouble I'd hate to go out like that. I'll just make sure to... Eventually he was too far away for Xombox to hear anymore.
07-07-2014, 10:06 AM
Something interrupted Elirah's train of thought and she tensed, frowning. There was something bugging her that she couldn’t quite- oh. She leaned her head back, staring right up into Teufol’s face. Or rather, helmet.

“Oh, hello.”

Teufol looked down at Elirah, his expression poker faced as always. “Greetings, Σlirah. I hope you do not mind my being here. I am not sure where else I should go right now.”

“It’s fine by me… Caww.” She shifted, kneeling on the chair and resting her elbows on the top. “The creww looks fun, don’t you think?”

Teufol thought for a moment, and then did a very subtle shrug. “Fun is not the word I would use. They do, however, seem to be interesting.”

Elirah smirked and ran a finger over the edge of the chair. “If wwe make it to the first station wwith everyone alive I think wwe’ll be fine. Or at least, I hope.”

Teufol sat in a chair next to Elirah, he was almost too big for it. “Xombox is reckless, a bit thoughtless, and undeniably insane. Yet, he is still alive. I am sure his luck will keep going.”

Sliding back down into her chair, Elirah pulled out what looked like a small pager and typed in a word before a small timer ran out. A nail file emerged and began neatening her nails up “You have a point. I’ll do my best in here to make sure nothing fucks up too badly… Caww.”

Teufol nodded and crossed his arms. “I will try to keep him in check. He sees me as a friend. We will just have to hope for the best”
07-07-2014, 10:30 AM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2014 10:57 AM by ZeronFX.)
PLOT POST

After takeoff, which was incredibly short lived, the HIC Falconer sat just outside orbit of the planet it was previously stationed on. With a gruff nod from the Captain, The Navigator keys in a few things, selects a course, transmits protocols, and does about a million other things that would lull the average troll into a hazy slumber. Eventually, he gives the signal to Xombox and immediately presses a large blue button on one of his terminals. A small alarm plays, lights power off, replacing the bright lighting of the interior with the ominous red glow of the emergency lights. On rooms with windows, shields slide shut. A moment just long enough for anyone that has not previously sat through a hyperspace jump to wonder what was going on passed, followed by a synthesized voice.

"Attention please. All crew advised to assume bracing positions. Initiating Hyperspace jump."

From anywhere else on the craft, nothing seemed to happen for a few moments. However, in the lower deck, a faint whining sound would be heard, increasing in pitch and volume rapidly. If one were to be present in engineering, these sounds would be very audible as well as indicators on the engine housings glowing bright blue.

Then, suddenly, a burst of brilliant white light came from the engines of the Falconer, and then it was gone. It and its crew had entered Hyperspace.

Everyone lurched a bit as they felt the no doubt unpleasant feeling of their molecules being ripped out of one place and thrown for distance at FTL speeds to another. For exactly ten seconds, no one heard a sound. They were only able to focus on what they could see. Thus, it was a very long ten seconds, probably filled with anxiety for those who had never done it before.

Just as quickly, everyone no doubt shifted at least a bit as they felt themselves being shoved forward, only to keep their original position. To the untrained troll, this feeling would be reality, and there was the possibility of someone actually falling flat on their face due to this. Nevertheless, the lights came back on, and the shields slowly rose up from the windows. They had officially dropped out of hyperspace.

-1 Unit of Fuel

----------
:Suggested Ambient Music:

The starscape surrounding them was now quite different. A solitary sun resided in this system, and a few planets could be seen, all colored a nondescript rust. Perhaps they had once been very important, hence this particular beacon's stationing. However, the absence of signs of recent traffic told the crew that no one had been here in a very, very long time.

Except one ship.

This ship in question was very small, only about a fourth of the size of the Falconer. It was painted a dull grey, and had a very aerodynamic yet bulky appearance. Upon spotting the Falconer, it drifted a bit so as to get within scanning range. No visible weaponry was present on this ship.

A notification began flashing erratically on the bridge viewport. It seemed the Captain was being hailed.

--- The next Plot Post will occur after the Captain deals with the hail. ---

[Image: 9tRxu1G.png]
07-07-2014, 11:29 AM
Xombox keyed the intercom system for a intership transmission the same as he did when he summoned them to the bridge.

"Be-advised, we-have-an-asofyet-unidentified-craft-before-us-attempting-communication. Be-ready-for-combat. Accepting-hail." he growled to them all before pressing the key on his chair to accept the hail.

A troll in casual clothing appears on the screen. His expression falters as he jumps a bit, clearly not expecting to be greeted with the figure that was Xombox. After clearing his throat, he announces, "Gr33tings, Captain of th3 HIC Falcon3r. I am th3 acting Captain of th3 FS St3rling. I assum3 you got our g3n3ral distr3ss signal."

Xombox nodded, noting he said "acting" captain.
"That's-right. Got-it-while-we-were-still-portside. Guess-we're-the-first-response-eh? What's-the-damage?" Xombox asked coarsely, hoping for a chance to pursue some enemy craft.

The troll shifted uncomfortably. Perhaps it was still Xombox's fearsome appearence, or maybe something else. "W3ll, the craft its3lf is fin3, sir. This troubl3 is actually ov3r our fu3l supply. W3'r3 a fr3ight ship, transporting a consid3rabl3 amount of scrap to a b3acon a bit outsid3 this s3ctor. Appar3ntly, th3r3 was a miscount on our fu3l suppli3s, and, w3ll... w3 hav3 no mor3 l3ft. If you would b3 willing to spar3 som3, w3 would b3 most grat3ful, and could r3ward you with som3 scrap for your troubl3."

Xombox paused to consider for a moment. Scrap for fuel? No. Not a good tradeoff in any sense. Besides, the Falcon received the distress signal from a nearby port, they couldn't be the only ones who received it. Plus, this whole deal seemed shady to start off with.
"Sorry-pal, no-can-do. We're-on-an-important-mission-ourselves-here-and-made-sure-we-were-well-stocked-before-we-headed-out. Guess-ya-gotta-wait-fer-someone-else-ta-come-along, huh?" he growled, hovering his finger over the end call button.

The yellowblood panicked. "Wait!" He yelled, before realizing that Xombox could not physically walk away from him. He swallowed and continued, "Look. Fu3l's not th3 only thing w3'r3 low on. Our food and wat3r hav3 gott3n dang3rously low. W3'v3... w3'v3 alr3ady lost a f3w cr3w. Pl3as3, sir, 3v3n on3 unit could aid us..."

Xombox laughed. "Guess-that's-your-problem-ain't-it? Like-I-said, we-picked-up-your-signal. Shouldn't-be-too-long-before-someone-else-gets-curious. I-can-send-a-message-back-to-the-station-to-make-sure-they-know-yer-out-here, but-we-got-shit-to-do-and-I-ain't-got-time-to-waste-on-this-shit." Xombox told him, a malicious grin plastered across his face. He really did not want to give up any of his shit, did he?

The troll sighs, a look that Xombox might recognize as defeat plastered on his face. "I s33." With that, the feed cuts out, and the ship starts to move out of range.

Xombox keyed the intercom once more. "False-alarm-y'all. Troll-ship-in-distress, wanted-supplies-to-survive. I-told-em-to-fuck-off, we-got-more-important-shit-to-do-than-helping-out-some-losers-for-scrap. Be-ready-for-a-new-heading." he informed them calmly before addressing Hortus.

"So-where-can-we-go-now?"

07-07-2014, 11:57 AM
RE: FLEET FALCONERS: Jump 1: Couldja spare some change? [BETA][FULL]
Hortus was very VERY proud of that jump. Now he’s just got to keep this up for the rest of the crew’s adventures and he’d be golden. He looked at the navigation menu and reported to Xombox. “WE’vE goT Two logicAl locATions sir. LEfT or rigHT. Only DiffErEncE is rigHT mAy jump To morE locATions.” Seems he wasn’t as nervous anymore.

Xombox thought for a moment. The choice was kind of easy, wasn’t it?
”Well, plot-a-course-to-the-right. Let’s-just-hope-that-don’t-lead-into-any-kind-of-ambush-or-some-shit.” he muttered at the end. At least this snotblood wasn’t entirely incompetent.

Hortus just nodded and keyed in the commands to jump to the destination.
07-08-2014, 04:53 AM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2014 04:58 AM by ZeronFX.)
RE: FLEET FALCONERS: Jump 1: Couldja spare some change? [BETA][FULL]
PLOT POST

Feeling no sympathy for the small craft and its crew, the crew of the HIC Falconer turned their noses up, metaphorically and literally, and within a few minutes there was a flash of light and the fleet ship was gone.

-1 Unit of Fuel

----------

This beacon was not located in a system at all. Rather, it had been stationed within viewing distance of a large asteroid field. A few ships dotted here and there could be seen mining whatever minerals there were to be extracted. This seemed like a rather harmless sightseeing stop. Before the engines had time to recharge for the next jump, however, a small craft approached the Falconer.

The craft was quite a bit larger than the previous one, but still smaller than the Falconer. It was also a fair bit more bulky-looking, a few potentially intimidating protrusions coming off. The hull was a marred dark grey, with a few obviously hasty patch-up jobs here and there. The entire ship was smeared with a maroon paint, some poor excuse for a logo adorning a large, flat part of the hull. The unmistakable glimmer of a shield caught the few twinkles of far-off stars.

The ship drifted within range, and the Captain found himself being hailed.

07-08-2014, 12:27 PM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2014 12:27 PM by Xomb.)
RE: FLEET FALCONERS: Jump 2: Fee includes Processing & Handling [BETA]
Xombox thought for a moment before pressing the button to answer the hail. The crew would still be battle ready in case they ran into any trouble.

The sound of static blared from the communication channel as Xombox was greeted with the view of the very same. After a few seconds, a garbled voice announced the presence of someone actually being aboard the ship. “Greetings, HIC Falconer. You have stumbled upon our beacon,” it muses. “For a nominal fee of 2000 credits, we’ll let you continue on your way.” While it was hard to tell with the voice no doubt being disguised, it did not sound like a troll.

Xombox laughed out loud at the audacity of whoever was on the other end of the hail. ”Yer-funny-buddy. A-knock-out-riot-worthy-of-a-clown. I-hope-ya-like-getting-yer-shit-blown-to-oblivion, fuckstick!” Xombox crowed before hitting the end call key. He then keyed the intercom.

”Heads-up-fuckers, we-got-action. Brace-for-impact. Semset, fire-away! Show-em-we-ain’t-no-bitchfucks-that’ll-pay-a-fuckin-toll.” he barked, up on his feet in excitement. He couldn’t wait to see what this food cylinder can do.

Predictably, the pirate ship moves to engage theirs. An alert can be heard from Auxiliary as the weapons systems of both craft go hot.

The good captin keyed for Auxiliary next, actually. “Elirah, get-me-a-scan-on-that-ship. I-wanna-know-what-we’re-dealing-with-while-we’re-dealing-with-it. Display-on-my-screen-if-at-all-possible.” he ordered, waiting for the first salvo to commence.

Elirah sent her feed up to the bridge, displaying the information to the Captain.

“Wwell it seems wwe haven’t got too much to wworry about, 3 or 4 life forms according to the readings. Bomber class. Wweapons also include lasers and missile and… License is expired. They’re most likey pirates. That’s all.”

”Good. Now-we-just-wait-for-Semset-to-slam-into-em.” Xombox half muttered to himself.

Semset poked his head out from a pile of boxes and weapons. He sure had a nasty fall from those jumps, haha! He quickly got up and sprinted out of the weapons room to the main gun and aimed the laser cannons at the front of the enemy’s ship.

07-09-2014, 05:08 AM (This post was last modified: 07-11-2014 04:11 PM by ZeronFX.)
Ship-to-ship combat is a bit of a funny thing, while you think about it. Normally, combat works by person A going up to person B and hitting them, and then person B retaliating in some appropriate way. Customarily, this continues until one party either surrenders or dies.

In space, this doesn't really work. Can't very well have ships going up and hitting each other, that would just result in both parties losing instantly. Very inefficient. Instead, they have to lock into some sort of weird dance with each other, orbiting around an unseen point as they attempt to dodge weaponfire while still getting a lock on their targets.

From an outside perspective, a one-on-one ship battle can look a little silly. From the inside, though, it's a deadly dance.

Almost simultaneously, the two ships fire their respective two-shot weapons, the shots passing each other in a whir of energy. They hit their respective marks in a flash, effectively taking down the shields of both craft. The second shot happened to be at the Falconer's Shielding system. Fortunately, the Falconer's second shot did hit, and the enemy helm began smoking profusely. The ship slowly came to a halt.

As soon as the cannon recharged, Semset eagerly fired off the next salvo toward the offending ship. As the last shot connected, it looked like the old hull of the pirate vessel had finally had it. Several small explosions dotted the ship before the engines finally exploded, tearing the hull apart in a mess of fire and metal. The debris drifted apart at an even speed, leaving some salvage to be collected. The Falconer had officially won it's first battle-- however easy the fight.

14 Scrap collected
1 Unit of Fuel obtained

1 Hull damage
Slight damage to shields

07-12-2014, 04:39 PM
"Hot-damn-that's-what-the-fuck-I'm-talking-about!" Xombox crowed upon sight of the ship exploding. That was... easier than he could have expected. Too easy. He shrugged, tossing the thought aside. Better to count his blessings than disregard them. He checked the display and saw a slight damage to the shield. He didn't even bother hitting the intercom to tell the snotblood down there to fix it; if the guy had half a thinkpan he'd be doing that right now. Instead, he turned to his helmsman.

"Alright-shithead-where-can-we-head-to-now?" he asked jovially, mildly cheered by the easy victory. He began to look around and see if this captain's chair had a recliner option. Sure enough, it did. Xombox pulled the lever and eased back, crossing his regular leg over his sword one as he stretched out.

07-14-2014, 10:32 AM
Hortus looked at his map and said to his captain. “ WEvE goT Two opTions. A blAnk locATon AnD A storE.

Xombox thought for all of one second. ”Take-us-into-port. We-gotta-get-some-provisions-and-shit. From-the-way-this-is-looking, shit’s-gonna-be-easy. he told Hortus, still reclined. He was lazy searching his person for his pack of cigarettes.

Hortus nodded saying “YEs sir.” as he keyed in the location for the jump.
07-14-2014, 11:03 AM (This post was last modified: 07-14-2014 01:33 PM by ZeronFX.)
PLOT POST

Their spirits lifted for having so easily blown the opposition to shreds, the crew of the HIC Falconer were no doubt excited to see what the next jump had ahead of them. Within a few moments, they would find out.

-1 Unit of Fuel

----------

When the jump had ended, a small station was in view, having around 10 or so small-size ports for frigates like the Falconer to dock, a few of them already filled, and two larger docking rings for cruisers and freighters, neither of which were occupied. A communications drone whizzed around the Falconer to obtain standard information, and before the crew knew it they were cleared for docking. One smooth docking procedure and airlock cycle later and the Falconer was officially docked.

The station itself was akin to a large rest stop one might find on an unrelated planet called Earth. From the airlock, there was a hallway that wasn't quite terribly long, but it was sufficiently long enough to annoy anyone that traversed it. About halfway down there was a Mechanic Shop, which contained basic ship resources such as Fuel, Drone Parts, system upgrades, etc. It was ran by a rather large figure made of what looked like glass, rock, and other similar materials.

The main hub of the station had a few tables here and there for patrons to sit down and talk at. Connecting to the hub was a bar, whose food and drink dispensaries were automated. There was also a regular restaurant, named "Captain's Log", the employees resembling humanoid crocodiles with different variations of grey skin. There was an unnamed store selling various comfort items and toiletries, manned by a quite intimidating-looking snake-like robot with various appendages. Finally, there was a ship weaponry store, ran by a fidgety-looking frog-like creature.

Only the Mechanic Shop and Weaponry Stone were advertising sales in both credits and scrap, which was understandable. The rest of the purchases would have to be made off the credit pool.

--- The next Plot Post will occur after the Falconer undocks from the station. ---

07-16-2014, 11:38 AM
RE: FLEET FALCONERS: Jump 3: And all I got was this Dumb T-Shirt [BETA]
Elirah turned to Kereig as they walked down the hallway to the station hub

“So jadeblood, I take it you knoww wwhat you’re looking for, right?”

Kereig looked at Elirah, a tad bewildered. “milady, what dost thou meanest by that?”

Sighing Elirah replied, “Wwell my readings showw that wwe took some damage to our shields. Being the troll operating in the shields room you must have some idea of wwhat our situation is, no…?”

Kereig shook his head. “i...i know the shields are not working now, milady! but um...i dont...know much else. is it not thy purpose to correct such things as that? as the technician...i mean…i...i apologize for doubting you milady!”

“Mm, not at all… It’s just as wwell I have a list of items here that would be good for you to pick up. If you need me I’ll be looking for system upgrades.”

Kereig looked at the seadweller with panicked eyes. “milady...please don’t leave me with this list alone..thou dost not understand i am not very good with machines...this is all very bewildering to me!”

Elirah looked pretty displeased at this news. Oh well, at least one of them knew what they were talking about…

“I see. I’ll come with you, but you’d better listen for future reference. Is that easy enough..?”

Kereig nodded nervously. “...mayhaps milady, i will do mine best to keep it all in mind.”

“Good. Otherwwise, in the tragic eventuality that I die, the rest of this creww wwill be fucked. And wwe don’t wwant that noww, do wwe?”

Elirah smiled at him, heading in the direction of the mechanics shop.

“um…”

Kereig stood still, not sure how exactly to respond. After a few seconds, he ran to catch up as quickly as possible.

The Mechanic Shop was located in an area where all the hallways leading to the docks merged into one before heading out to the rest of the station. It was well lit, if a bit dirty, and there was a lot of signs detailing prices in many different languages. A small radio from somewhere blasted some generic tunes.

Behind the counter was a large figure made of entirely what appeared to be rock, glass, and, in some places, ice. The figure had two soulless block eyes and a jawline that look like it could bend steel. To say the least, it was not a welcoming sight, but he seemed to be paying enough attention to the two trolls as they entered the shop.

Kereig walked up to the counter, looking plenty confident. “sir, milady and mineself wouldst liketh to partake in the purchase of thine fine assorted goods! what, may i ask, art thou selling?”

Elirah took one look at Kereig, resisted the urge to [slap him like a bitch] and spoke to the shopkeeper herself, listing off their ship’s system details.

“Anything you might have in here that’s compatible wwith this?”

The figure grunts and glares at the trolls. Or maybe that was just its face. In fact, it was probably just its face. In any case, it unclamps its fearsome jaw and speaks with an impossibly low voice.

“Units of Fuel are 3 Scrap, or 150 Credits. Explosives are 6 Scrap, or 300 Credits. Drone parts are the same as Explosives. Hull repair is 2 Scrap per, or 200 Credits. If you’re interested in upgrading systems or getting new ones, I’d be happy to list those off as well.” Funny. This thing doesn’t look like it was happy a day in its life.

Kereig looked at Elirah. “what was it that thou needed?”

Elirah frowned, taking out a small, tablet-like device to flick through the ship’s inventory. On the screen there is a single message, “Why the buzz have you not fixed the zhieldz yet, you idiot?!” That must be the engineer. How pleasant. Ignoring the message with a look of disdain, Elirah glanced back to Kereig and the creature behind the counter.

“All things considered, it looks like wwe might as wwell just upgrade our shields instead… I’ll take one hull repair and a list of those upgrades. Please.”

The rock figure grunts again.

“Shield Upgrades are 50 Scrap at your level, or 2000 Credits. Weapons Upgrades will run 45 Scrap, or 1750 Credits. Medbay Upgrade at this level is 35 Scrap, or 2000 Credits. Upgrades to the Engineering System start at 25 Scrap, or 1500 Credits. Finally, we’re having a special on Reactor Upgrades right now; 20 Scrap or 750 Credits.” The alien walks a short distance, his footfalls sounding like someone is banging very loudly on the floor. “Will that Hull Reparation be in Scrap or Credits?”

Kereig shrugs. He has no idea what the difference is.

“Scrap. Howwever I wwill take a shield upgrade in credits.”

Elirah quickly tapped out a message to Peztis as she talked. It simply read, “E.S upgrad 1500 C. Interested?” “No. Upgrade the reactor and I’ll do other upgradez myzelf.” “Knock yourself out, got 2.” “Workz for me.”

“...And twwo reactor upgrades. Credits also. Thank you.”

The alien carefully taps in a few commands on a screen. He almost looks afraid that he will break it.

“That comes to a total of 2 Scrap and 3500 Credits. Is this okay?”

“It’ll do… Thanks. Howw long is the estimated service time?”

“The credits have been transferred from your ship’s account, and our drones will take the agreed upon scrap. We’re sending additional drones to take care of the Hull and Reactor. It will take around 45 standard minutes for both services to be completed.” The rock alien slowly moves back to its original position.

“We thank you for your business and hope you have a safe trip.” The alien doesn’t look like he means a word of what he’s saying, but then again, he’s looked like that ever since they walked in.

Forcing a smile, Elirah nodded and motioned for Kereig to follow her out of the shop and back into the hallway. Kereig followed. “dost thou wisheth to purchase some drinks milady? im sure this station has a fine selection of meads and ales.”

“Out here? I highly doubt it. But a drink does sound good…”

“then we are off to the Captain’s Log! i believe it is this way, milady!” Kereig pointed toward the restaurant that the station held.

“Mm. And Kereig...? My name is Elirah. Although I appreciate the formality, you’re wwelcome to use it.”

Kereig stopped in his tracks. “i...ma’am...i am just a mere midblood, art thou sure that i am worthy of such familiarity?”

Elirah groaned inwardly. “As long as you’re good at wwhat you do and don’t get us all killed, I have very little interest in your blood colour. Fuck up, howwever, and I am perfectly liable to slip and empty the air lock in your immedrate proximity. I’m sure it wwon’t come to that though.” She paused. “I wwonder if they have any grubsoda here…”

“then...i shall refer to thee as miss elirah. and thou dost not need to worry about me making any mistakes...although i do not know if they sell such products.” Kereig led the seadweller into the restaurant.

The Captain’s Log was a dimly lit but not unclean bar. It had a few tables high up and a bar with a total of five seats. Spanning the bar was a huge block of machinery and screens that seemed to be the automation of drink preparing. Right next to the bar was a window that looked out into space, the cruiser docking rings barely visible from one side. The one closest to the window was occupied by a frog-like denizen with three horns protruding from its head. Aside from that, though, the bar was empty.

Kereig walked up to the automaton and knocked on it. “ahoy, good sir! myself and the fine lady would like to partake in some drinks! mayhap thou wouldst be willing to serve us in thine fine establishment?”

“Mm…. Wwhy don’t you tell me wwhat you wwant and I’ll order it? Go find a table for us and sit down, okay?”

Elirah sighed; Kereig’s... interesting mannerisms were likely to turn heads, and staring aliens were exactly what she couldn’t be bothered to deal with right now.

Kereig shrugged. “mead, miss elirah?” He walked over to an empty table and sat down.

Entering in the orders, Elirah soon found there was no mead available. Not surprising, really. Instead of calling out to Kereig across the bar she simply changed the order to 2 double vodka grubsodas. Surely the jadeblood wouldn’t mind. After waiting for the machine to dispense the drinks, she collected them and joined him at the table.

Kereig eyed the drink suspiciously. “what, pray tell, be this?”

“The closest thing you’re going to get to mead around here.”

Kereig lifted the drink. “...miss elirah, thou dost not knowest what mead is, doth thee?”

Elirah smirked “Of course I do. Howwever they don’t stock it, and I’m not about to scroll through pages of beers to find one that sounds decent… So you’ve got wwhat I’ve got.”

Kereig looked at the drink silently for a few minutes before shrugging and taking hold of it. “fair enough. how about a toast, miss elirah?”] He holds it up. “to adventure!”

Sitting back in her chair, Elirah raised her glass and gently chinked it against the side of his

“Mm, something like that…”

Kereig smiled as the glasses clinked, and he took a long draw from his own drink. “so what inspired thee to join this fine vessel?”

Taking a sip of her drink Elirah replied, “Oh? I guess I liked the look of the pay cheque… And wwhen I found out Teufol wwas going I couldn’t say no… You?

Kereig nodded as he listened to her. “i felt this mission would be a great test of mine abilities, miss elirah. i hope that a mission offering such a grand reward must be one filled with great trials and tribulations.”

“Trust me, wwith a creww like ours the biggest trial wwill be keeping everyone alive. Wwe’re certainly a… diverse group.”

Kereig nodded. “so thou art romantically entwined with mine contemporary, teufol, yes?”

Elirah ran her finger round the edge of the glass, looking down into her drink “I… Umm. Pretty much.” She paused, then smiled “Howw about you, you looked like you recognised our lovely engineer…?”

Kereig frowned at the mention of the Engineer. “yea, peztis. he and i used to share a black quadrant, but we broke up.”

Elirah raised an eyebrow “Ahh, I see... I hope things aren’t too awkward betwween you as I need the three of us to wwork together, since you’ve placed yourelf in wwith the shields.”

Kereig nodded. “speaking of which, miss elirah...couldst thou teacheth me how to use the shields? ive been...pressing random buttons mostly.”

Elirah shook her head slowly, “That explains a lot… And yes. Sorry there wwasn’t much to see in the shop, but once wwe get back on the ship I’ll make a visit to the shielding bay and showw you around, properly. So finish that quickly, lets go.” She nodded to his drink, downing hers quickly and standing up.

Kereig downed his own and nodded. “after you, milady.”

QUOTES!

---

My dick in his butt

---

---

---

---

---

---