Complete FTL Mafia - Your Eternal Reward [MAFIA VICTORY]
07-15-2014, 12:18 PM (This post was last modified: 03-24-2015 08:15 AM by amosmyn.)
FTL Mafia - Your Eternal Reward [MAFIA VICTORY]
FTL Mafia

Have you heard the story of the battle between the Federation and the Rebels? Of course you have. But have you heard of one of the secret turning points in the war, one fought in a secret base on the fringe Federation space? It all started on a ship...

On their quickly decreasing front lines, The Federation desperately fought off the onslaught of the Rebellion, a human supremacy group hellbent on ruling the cosmos. The battle-fueled Mantis fought alongside the peaceful Engi as equals, the semi-xenophobic Rockmen with the bureaucratic Zoltan. Even the deceitful Slugs crawled out of their nebulae to combat the Rebels. Unfortunately, the Rebel Fleet was too powerful, having built in secret for far too long to be destroyed conventionally. However, the Federation did have two things going for it.

The first was an old, Kestral model ship of Federation sympathizers, sent to the Federation base to inform them of the Rebel Fleet's main weakness, their Flagship. The second, and the focus of this story, was the blueprint for a special Federation ship, designed by the humans, Engi, and Zoltan. It had a special weapon, a beam that pierces even the strongest of shields. It was intended for use in the final battle, multiple copies of the ship helping fend off the Rebel attacks while the Flagship was destroyed.

All Federation species, as well as a few of the more sympathetic Slugs, sent some of their most experienced workers to a secret Federation Base to assist in the creation of the first Federation Ship. While production had been proceeding as planned; mysterious disappearances, loss of some important data, and other setbacks had caused rumors of Rebel infiltrators. Most of them had been dismissed as just that, rumors, but many still believed the Rebels found the base and were now out for blood. But the base was a secret, only those working there knew of its location. There's no way that the Rebels were actually there, right?

Hey guys, it's SupahKiven. Welcome to my first time running mafia game. This is planned to be a moderately flavored, closed setup mafia. Special thanks to amosmyn for looking over the setup. (If you're not too sure what FTL is, you can take a look at the wiki here. Knowledge about FTL is not necessary for attendance, but it may enhance your experience some).

Rules and Setup Guarantees (Nabbed from TehPilot and modified slightly by yours truly):
#0. Have fun and play to your win condition! This should go without saying, but also make sure to respect your fellow players.
#1. Massclaims are highly discouraged. They ruin the spirit of the game and are just plain not fun. Don't do it. Seriously.
#2. Days will be 120 hours long (5 days) and nights will be 48 hours long (2 days). Extensions can be granted in specific scenarios.
#3. When casting lynch votes, please bold or color your votes. Or even do both.
#4. All player-to-moderator communication should be done through provided Quicktopics, which are controlled discussions.
#5. Don't copy/paste from Quicktopics, this threatens game stability and may be treated as cheating action. That means you could face a modkill.
#6. Don't share your Quicktopic either. I'll take care of that once the game's over.
#7. Keep game-sensitive details inside the game, please.
#8. While you're at it, refrain from editing or deleting posts.
#9. When you die, you may make one spoilered "bluh" post, which can't contain game-relevant information.
#10. Do not post during night time.
#11. Day Activation / "Karkat" Rule 1: In the event a day activation is claimed (someone using a role power in the day), assume day has ended and it is nighttime. Game will resume and votes will be reset once I have intervened and resolved the action.
#12. Day Activation / "Karkat" Rule 2: Faking day activations is strictly forbidden and punishable by moderator kill.
#13. Refrain from ciphering or concealing posts. Also avoid whiting out text, that's really annoying.
#14. Maintain a reasonable level of activity (minimum of one post per day). Replacement will be used for players who fail to post for a 72-hour timespan, with a prod 48 hours into that.
#15. This setup contains standard roles (ie, nothing I made up myself) and has none of the following: cults, jesters, obliterators, quicktopic spying, mod bastardry, alignment changing, or game-ending third party win conditions.

Player List [17/17]
1. icanhasdonut - Dre Kozar, Town Oneshot Dayvig - KILLED NIGHT 5
2. phantomEclipse - Alexa Grace, Mafia Busdriver - LYNCHED DAY 5
3. Mecha_Goomba - Anya Dolleres, Town Backup - LYNCHED DAY 1
4. Coldblooded - Feras, Town Oneshot Bulletproof - KILLED NIGHT 4
5. speedchuck - Inlay Aasted, Town Vanilla - DAYKILLED DAY 3
6. Zatch - Caris Lagardy, Town Vanilla - LYNCHED DAY 4
7. Palamedes - Maxwell Teldarin, Town Revenge Killer - KILLED IN ENDGAME
8. musicalMaestro The Other Guy Mecha_Goomba - Logan Johnson, Mafia Strongman - LYNCHED DAY 6
9. Garuru - Shirai, Town Doctor - KILLED NIGHT 3
10. Terrabalt speedchuck - Declan Kirby, Town Vanilla - KILLED IN ENDGAME
11. ChrisClark13 ICan'tGiveCredit - Robert Smith, Town Vanilla - KILLED IN ENDGAME
12. yappy111 anacreon - Vitas Varnas, Town Tracker - KILLED IN ENDGAME
13. dichotomousCreator - Josephine Fitzherren, Mafia Rolecop - SURVIVED TO ENDGAME
14. Callistic - King Maniscalco, Town Watcher - LYNCHED DAY 3
15. Acionyx - Sem Remo, Town Vanilla - KILLED NIGHT 6
16. GenetiXientist reaverb - Flieschy, Town Vanilla - LYNCHED DAY 2
17. OzTheWizard - Chris Phillips, Mafia Ninja - SURVIVED TO ENDGAME

Replacements [1/??]
1. Mirdini

Observers [1/??] (Please refrain from contacting me about this until the playerlist is full and I have some replacements)
1. amosmyn

List of Notable Events:
Day One Start - Day One End
Day Two Start - Day Two End
Day Three Start - Day Three Event - Day Three End
Day Four Start - Day Four End
Day Five Start - Day Five End
Day Six Start - Day Six End
Day Seven Start - End of Day Seven/End of Game
QuickTopic and Nightaction List
07-15-2014, 12:45 PM
RE: FTL Mafia - Conscription Time [0/17]
300 DEGREES THAT's WHY THEY CALL ME MR FARENHEIT
I'M BURNING AT THE SPEEEED OF LIIIIIIIIIIGHT

(in hell yes ftl rocks and as a fellow new mafia mod I feel obligated to sign up)
07-15-2014, 02:47 PM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2015 01:00 PM by phantomEclipse.)
RE: FTL Mafia - Conscription Time [1/17]

just kidding, im actually starting to get the hang of things, and people's playstyle.

Sign me up. Im In

Ive never personally played FTL, but ive seen gameplay. it looks fun

EDIT: >tfw this was about 6 MONTHS ago
07-16-2014, 06:14 AM
RE: FTL Mafia - Conscription Time [2/17]
You can put me down as a potential replacement for now. I'm moving in august and likely won't have internet access for the first two weeks

If that changes I'll sign up for real (or if the game gets set to start after the 16th)
07-18-2014, 10:41 AM (This post was last modified: 07-18-2014 10:42 AM by Mirdini.)
^ Same here, I don't seem to have much free time right now and it's only going to get worse heading into August until I get somewhat less busy starting September.
07-21-2014, 07:38 AM
I'm signing up.
07-21-2014, 08:04 AM
I'll sign up three weeks from now if I can. :P Until then, I can't get on here much.
07-22-2014, 04:55 AM
RE: FTL Mafia - Conscription Time [3/17]
I sort of kind of wanted to just watch this one but I want to see it happen. I'll participate as long as it doesn't start in the next 3-4 weeks (basically slide me into a replacement slot for now like Acio/Mirdini).
07-22-2014, 05:22 AM
so basically we will not be able to start this until around the beginning of september
07-22-2014, 06:00 AM (This post was last modified: 07-22-2014 06:01 AM by Palamedes.)
Or possibly longer, since even with the threefour of us there's only sixseven people signed up thus far.
07-22-2014, 06:04 AM
I guess I'll join this too.

Tumblr/Steam
07-22-2014, 02:05 PM
RE: FTL Mafia - Conscription Time [4/17]
Heck with it. /in
07-26-2014, 12:46 PM
RE: FTL Mafia - Conscription Time [5/17]
In if you'll have me
07-29-2014, 07:48 AM
RE: FTL Mafia - Conscription Time [6/17]
Of course I'll have you!

Also, making this post because I'm at the beach and have bad internet and stuff, so if (for some reason) you sign up for this some time during the following week (until August 4th or so) and aren't added to the list or anything, it's not because I'm not accepting you or whatever, I just don't have access to the computer. Figured I'd make this post just to be safe.
08-01-2014, 05:48 PM
RE: FTL Mafia - Conscription Time [6/17]
I'm probably in, if it doesn't start for a few weeks. Maybe.
09-08-2014, 10:11 AM
RE: FTL Mafia - Conscription Time [7/17]
I guess I can join a second game while the first doesn't fill. Am I making a huge mistake?
09-08-2014, 04:22 PM
Nah, I do it all of the time.
10-04-2014, 03:43 PM
/IN

I just joined this forum specifically to play mafia with fellow Homestucks and I think this is a good place to start.
10-05-2014, 07:46 PM
RE: FTL Mafia - Conscription Time [9/17]
Holy shit.
I come here to the forum to expect some more roleplaying threads and i found this.
the next best thing.
/in
10-10-2014, 10:25 AM
RE: FTL Mafia - Conscription Time [9/17]
YES I WILL DO THIS.

... if that makes sense.
10-10-2014, 12:02 PM
RE: FTL Mafia - Conscription Time [11/17]
Ayyyy, welcome all you new mafia players (Or at least new here, I think). Good to have you. Just a quick note, I'd suggest looking over a few of the other completed mafia games here on the forum if you want to sort of... get a feel for how the game's played, I guess.
11-20-2014, 08:54 PM
bump
12-03-2014, 01:43 PM
[Image: JMqPgLF.gif]
12-23-2014, 03:58 AM
I'd like to throw my space helmet IN as well here. Always wanted to try a game, might as well start here with FTL!
12-26-2014, 10:30 AM
RE: FTL Mafia - Conscription Time [12/17]
I'm guessing "closed setup" means that we don't know what roles are in the game ahead of time? I initially thought it meant signups were invite only!

Anyway, I'm attempting to shotgun mafia experience as fast as possible so count me in
12-26-2014, 11:31 AM
RE: FTL Mafia - Conscription Time [13/17]
(12-26-2014 10:30 AM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  Anyway, I'm attempting to shotgun mafia experience as fast as possible so count me in

As long as you dont pistol, rocket launcher, or grenade it, you'll be fine
01-01-2015, 11:58 AM
(07-15-2014 12:18 PM)SupahKiven Wrote:  #1. Massclaims are highly discouraged. They ruin the spirit of the game and are just plain not fun. Don't do it. Seriously.
Is this a "Setup Guarantee" that massclaims will be -EV Town, or are players just suppose to not massclaim even if it would help Town win?
01-01-2015, 12:38 PM
The second. It's just a thing that isn't thought highly of. There's nothing preventing it from happening on my end, of course, but from what I've seen in my time of playing mafia in this community, it's looked down upon, as it sucks a lot of the fun out of the game.
01-01-2015, 06:34 PM
I would have thought that in a "we don't know what roles are present" mafia massclaiming would be kind of pointless anyway? Like in a setup where we know the roles there's CCs and being able to narrow down everyone to a role and such, but without that process of elimination claims are kind of impossible to do anything with beyond straight-up prove.

Plus fakeclaiming is trivial when one can even just fakeclaim a role that isn't actually a thing, even tailor-make one that is a good fakeclaim for the current situation. I honestly don't think a massclaim would be a good idea simply because it just doesn't tell anyone anything.
01-03-2015, 07:12 PM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2015 07:18 PM by GenetiXientist.)
I'll be a replacement.

Massclaims usually occur when many people have info roles, and are discouraged because a)if they are true, they ruin the "educated guessing" nature of the game that most people enjoy and b)if they aren't true, they lead to utterly unsatisfying scum wins.

I've made up a few roles on my own, sure, but figuring out how to fakeclaim with relevant flavor is a ton of fun. I believe, in one of the early games I was in that affirmed my old reputation of always being scum, that I weaseled out of a situation involving a cop that knew my role name, and people knowing my actions, with judicious use of wikipedia and a passing knowledge of Naruto. Zatchfia, I think.

Tricking people is so much more fun than them tricking themselves.
01-04-2015, 03:45 AM
Just looked at the setup again.
To clarify, dont massclaim unless you're absolutely desperate.
There are /proooooobably/ reasons for me saying that, just an fyi. And its not just because its frowned upon. We've seen a lot of town teams go up in smoke because they couldnt keep their pants on.
01-04-2015, 04:37 AM
I was confused why there would be a note asking players not to massclaim if massclaiming was -EV anyway.

(And yes I have seen setups that only functioned at all because the players refused to massclaim)

I'll play if this starts after January 7th, otherwise I'll be a replacement.
01-04-2015, 05:24 AM
Mirdini, pala, and acio are probably free now if you want to see if they want to fill in the spots. We have 17 people, it's just 4 of them are in the replacement spot
01-04-2015, 05:29 AM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2015 05:29 AM by GenetiXientist.)
I don't want to play at the moment, I'm specifically here if one of y'all won't post anymore or has a massive breakdown or w/e.
01-04-2015, 05:30 AM
(01-04-2015 05:29 AM)GenetiXientist Wrote:  I don't want to play at the moment, I'm specifically here if one of y'all won't post anymore or has a massive breakdown or w/e.

I know GX, that's why i said the other three mspa
01-04-2015, 05:30 AM
(01-04-2015 05:30 AM)phantomEclipse Wrote:  
(01-04-2015 05:29 AM)GenetiXientist Wrote:  I don't want to play at the moment, I'm specifically here if one of y'all won't post anymore or has a massive breakdown or w/e.

I know GX, that's why i said the other three mspa

Fair enough!
01-04-2015, 07:22 AM
(01-04-2015 05:24 AM)phantomEclipse Wrote:  Mirdini, pala, and acio are probably free now if you want to see if they want to fill in the spots. We have 17 people, it's just 4 of them are in the replacement spot

I thiiiiink we're going to need at least as many replacements as the game currently has based on the playerlist.
No point in starting a game that's going to end up as a lurkathon trainwreck.
01-04-2015, 11:52 AM
oh, what the hell.

I'll join.

I won't have any idea wtf is going on, but I'll join.
01-04-2015, 04:02 PM
RE: FTL Mafia - Conscription Time [14/17]
Sure fine move me over I guess (this won't start for at least a week or two right?)
01-04-2015, 04:09 PM
RE: FTL Mafia - Conscription Time [14/17]
It should be at least a week, because we'd need the next two players and I'd need a few days to set up the quicktopics and stuff.
01-04-2015, 11:10 PM
RE: FTL Mafia - Conscription Time [15/17]
I should probably say now that on the 15th of Janurary I'm off to New Zealand. No idea if I'll have an internet connection while I'm there, and I'll be gone for a few weeks.

If that date rolls on up and I haven't posted for a while, assume that I'll need a replacement then, cause I dont wanna have to pull out only to realise that I could still play while there D:

...implying this starts before then that is.
01-05-2015, 12:17 PM
Sticking with replacement for now; need to find out how much time polarityhunt is going to consume before I add another game
01-05-2015, 12:35 PM
it looks like a lot of games are gonna be opening up soon, acio. i mean, Pilot's is underway, This game is almost ready. Im almost done with Amos on planning mine, and you have yours. And who KNOWS what else anyone has
01-05-2015, 03:00 PM
(01-05-2015 12:35 PM)phantomEclipse Wrote:  it looks like a lot of games are gonna be opening up soon, acio. i mean, Pilot's is underway, This game is almost ready. Im almost done with Amos on planning mine, and you have yours. And who KNOWS what else anyone has

Our community is pretty spread out... just want to clarify that this isn't all happening in the same place. (Link)
01-05-2015, 03:13 PM
@amos: ...really, now?
01-05-2015, 03:15 PM
Yup! The enforced exile from the MSPA forums only sped up the process.
01-05-2015, 04:17 PM
Ah, there's clearly some history and context here that I'm not aware of.

So, what is this "community at large", is there some common hub like an IRC or something, forced exile huh?
01-05-2015, 04:20 PM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2015 04:21 PM by GenetiXientist.)
I'm not the best person to ask about the community at large, but I was heavily involved in negotiating, with MSPA Admin Blueberry, what ended up as the creation of the Chocolate Pi forums, so if you have questions about the whole mess there, I can answer them from a fairly neutral perspective.

However, this thread might not be the best place for that.
01-06-2015, 11:45 AM
(oh, i've seen those forum before)

Anyways. We need two more people in for this to start. so whenever is groovy
01-07-2015, 09:35 AM
If or when I die in CreditHunt, I'll play in this. I will probably replace in if I don't die quickly enough to start. This is not a sign up, I'll wait and see.