Complete FTL Mafia - Your Eternal Reward [MAFIA VICTORY]
03-12-2015, 04:47 AM
RE: FTL Mafia - Day Six: Piercing Irony [8/17]
I'm looking closely and I don't really see a case in which I am town and dC is scum. His faked priestcheck wouldn't make any sense. Ergo, I think dC is town. If pE was a planned bus to gain Anac as a near-townfirm, which would sort of make sense, then Anac could be scum. So that's pE, Maestro, Anac, and credit from me, I think... Does that world make any sense, or am I missing something in the last few pages?

And yeah, I'm in with lynching MusicalGoomba whenever. Votals and a dayend deadline would be nice, I need to know when to vote.
03-12-2015, 04:53 AM
Day ends Mar 12 at 8PM est

Pretty sure votes are

Goombastro: (2) (Acionyx, Palamedes)
Acionyx: (1) (Oz)

with everyone else abstaining.
03-12-2015, 04:56 AM
Why wouldn't his faked priestcheck make any sense? Makes sense to me, especially if you're town.
03-12-2015, 05:12 AM
Motivation. I'm pretty sure I'm one of the people that he and his buddies would be able to push towards being lynched, right? So why would he try to push me as town? Is it preemptive for after his flip, or... ?

Basically, the check clears me moreso than not, and he could have checked somebody a little less iffy and had a better mislynch target in me.
03-12-2015, 06:39 AM
That's what I'd think, yes. He doesn't want to clear a scumbuddy and he's already checked (or 'checked' depending on how much you believe him) the two people who won't be lynched - if he does die as scum he doesn't want to have an innocent on a scumbuddy.

Like who would you recommend he check over you? Credit? Goombaslot? anacreon?
03-12-2015, 06:54 AM
Acio. He got busdriven last time he tried that, right? He could play the paranoid and check Acio, while leaving me open to lynch. Still, I guess what you're saying makes sense.
03-12-2015, 07:06 AM
I think it was made pretty clear that an Aciolynch makes no sense, the only person really for it is Oz and that's only because he's bloody-minded like me (and possibly scum).

Besides, that excuse would be seen through - he has to provide info that is guaranteed to be fresh and also sensible (I think he's talked about how town Acio is for burying pE and other things and what we really wanted was to clear up things between you/Credit/Goomba at dayend yesterday).
03-13-2015, 03:07 AM
Deadline is in ~8 hours

Time to get moving.
03-13-2015, 03:18 AM
Vote Musicalothergoomba
03-13-2015, 04:02 AM
Yup everyone go and vote.

Acio let us go softly into the night (and those of you left as town be careful and don't follow anyone).
03-13-2015, 06:06 AM
Right, Vote Goomba.

Inb4 scum hammers.
03-13-2015, 06:21 AM
Lynch: Goomba

Just in case voting for maestro didn't count or something
03-13-2015, 06:55 AM
Inb4 no other townsfolk are here to hammer so scum will find an excuse to stay off it and force us into LYLO.
03-13-2015, 07:40 AM
vote:goomba

[Image: sonicsig2.jpg]
Steam
03-13-2015, 09:37 AM
Totally Necessary Vote: MaestroOtherGoombaSlot
03-13-2015, 09:40 AM
anacreon's vote was hammer, please hold for day end.
03-13-2015, 10:06 AM (This post was last modified: 03-13-2015 11:31 AM by SupahKiven.)
RE: FTL Mafia - Night Six: Dead on Arrival [7/17]
End of Day Six
Votals
Mecha_Goomba (6): Acionyx, Palamedes, speedchuck, OzTheWizard, anacreon, dichotomousCreator

Abstaining: Mecha_Goomba, ICan'tGiveCredit

As the discussion came to a close, the dwindling crowd's verdict seemed to finally reach a majority. Mecha_Goomba was pulled from the crowd, shoved into the middle of the group to stand before the Leader, who unholstered their pistol. The room was quiet, but Mecha_Goomba's silence was deafening.

"Any last words?" The Leader asked.

"..." Mecha_Goomba didn't respond, silently staring forward, statue still.

"...Hello?" The Leader waved a hand in front of his face, confused.

"What's wrong with him?" Somebody asked.

"Definitely something." Another person responded. "I had to lead him here this morning, he was just standing in the middle of his room."

"Huh?" Yet another member of the crowd chimed in. "That's weird, cause I led him there after yesterday ended. That's... where I put him. In the middle of the room." This clearly did not sit well with the mob, sending them into a flurry of discussion, Mecha_Goomba remaining silent all the while.

The Leader frowned, poking him in the shoulder. His arm fell out of his shoulder, clattering to the ground. Then he collapsed to the ground and started... beeping?

"What the hell?" The Leader stooped down, along with the de facto medic that the group seemed to have gained. They flipped Mecha_Goomba onto his back, finding nothing out of the ordinary. They checked him over again, confused. "What in the name of hell is making that sound?"

"I think it's-" The person who spoke up was cut off by Mecha_Goomba's detached arm exploding, throwing shrapnel and fire around the bridge. Somebody screamed, and the group scrambled for the door, the Leader snagging Mecha_Goomba under the arms and pulling him away from the growing fire.

"God damn it." The Leader spat, kneeling down and inspecting Mecha_Goomba again. "This is just absurd."

Okay, maybe he was not the most subtle person. But that's not what he did. Subtlety wasn't his goal. He dealt with the big guns. The machine guns, the explosives, the machine guns firing explosives. But they needed him to get in here. After all, how were they supposed to steal a Federation ship without murdering the aliens driving it first? They weren't, that's how.

Mecha_Goomba went by the name of Logan Johnson.

So maybe he alerted the overseers to his presence here by accidentally blowing some things up that he wasn't supposed to and 'unintentionally' persuading one of his teammates to work her magic with the hacking and mind control systems she controlled to raise some hell. Nothing a good helping of breach and fire bombs couldn't solve. But uh... apparently he wasn't allowed to blow the ship up? Damn it, why doesn't he ever get to use the heavy ordinance? Maybe he'll get a chance to use some of his special stash on some of these chumps. He had some really good stuff. Missiles, fire, stunning. Heck, he doubted that those Federation losers had anything that could have stopped his explosive wrath. Well... maybe one of those weird Rock dudes that they have, but c'mon. And he... didn't want your teammates getting their hands on his stuff. It's high quality! But... it probably wasn't the best idea to be using it too often. Those Feds would probably smell the sulfur on him. Freaks.

Mecha_Goomba is a MAFIA STRONGMAN. When he performed the night kill, he would roleblock and kill his target, preventing any night actions they might have had from happening, including any passive abilities. Although he could kill whenever he wanted, he could not make use of his ability on consecutive nights.

He was aligned with the REBEL INFILTRATORS, and would have won when the living members of his team equaled the town, or were unable to be stopped from doing so.

"Good riddance." The Leader spat, shooting a snarl at Mecha_Goomba's corpse.

"How long do you suppose he's been... out of commission?" Somebody asked.

"Who cares?" Someone replied. "Probably since that freak whats-her-face from yesterday flipped out and fried a bunch of electronics. He probably got caught in the crossfire. You know how the Rebels are."

"Save the discussion for tomorrow." The Leader sighed, heading off to their room. The others soon followed, leaving Mecha_Goomba behind to stay with the smoking bridge.

Night ends on March 14, 8PM EST.
03-14-2015, 12:26 PM (This post was last modified: 03-14-2015 12:27 PM by SupahKiven.)
Whoops, hey everybody. I'm preemptively extending night an extra 24 hours because I have SATs tomorrow (early morning, but w/e) and I'm also experiencing some problems with QuickTopic not loading (not sure if that's just me). Thanks for being patient.

Night now ends on March 15, 8PM EST
03-16-2015, 11:56 AM (This post was last modified: 03-16-2015 01:13 PM by SupahKiven.)
Everybody thank reaverb, he's a cool guy. This post is reserved for daystart w/ flavor when I finally get back onto QuickTopic.
03-16-2015, 01:10 PM (This post was last modified: 03-16-2015 01:18 PM by reaverb.)
SupahKiven gave me permission to end the Night phase and start Day 7.

He didn't give me a deadline though so assume it's March 19, 8PM EST

This will almost certainly be extended.

Acionyx has died in the Night. He was Vanilla Town

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

It is still MYLO.
03-16-2015, 01:24 PM
RE: FTL Mafia - Day 7: ??? [6/17]
process of elimination leaves speed and credit as the last two scum.

Steam
03-16-2015, 01:53 PM
Anac, who did you track last night and what was your result?
03-16-2015, 02:02 PM
i tracked you. So, what was your credit result?

Steam
03-16-2015, 02:27 PM
Guilty.

However, I only had Credit, Oz, and yourself who were really reasonable check targets (Pala is self-solving and almost certainly town, I am town, and I have an innocent on Chuck that while it COULD be Tailored means there's too much of a chance another check on Chuck would simply be a waste of time even if he is scum (i.e. godfather!Chuck worlds)). This raises the issue of worlds where you guessed my cop check existing and being plausible.

...I think at this point if you managed to predict who I'd check there's basically nothing I can do about it. Apart from anything else, even IF you did guess my check scum!Anac isn't mutually exclusive with scum!Credit. You could have framed Credit and bet everything on me checking him, but...that's just not likely enough given that we'd have to commit to it by lynching you instead of him. I think Credit is most likely scum in both town!Anac AND scum!Anac worlds, so I *THINK* we lynch him today and pray that he wasn't framed. I'll have to do some more thinking before voting, but at this stage I'm not seeing any other reasonable way forward.

If nothing else, ignoring the wine surrounding framer worlds lends itself to a Credit lynch anyway, and either godfather!Chuck or godfather!Oz makes as much sense as anything.
03-16-2015, 02:36 PM
honestly you were my only viable check left considering the two remaining scum are a ninja and a god father but of which would give me a result of no visit so i decided to verify your cop claim.

Steam
03-16-2015, 02:45 PM
Ugh damnit. I'm terrible at endgame.

So we have me, town.
dC: cop claim
anacreon: tracker claim
Oz/Credit/speed: vanilla claim.

Acio being dead hints that he was on a roll regarding dC, and regardless of anacreon's alignment unless he AND dC are lying scum he's confirmed that we should lynch him over dC.

speed getting on Goomba as early as he did gives him vague townpoints since he probably could have just turbolurked until later and tried to let the Goomba lynch fall through. Then of course there's fucking Oz.

Oz/Credit feels possible? anacreon/Credit is probably the other most believable world, with the off chance of speed or dC mixed in there somewhere. Would like people to weigh in.

Credit feels like the way to go regardless, but damn my indecision.
03-16-2015, 02:47 PM
Well yeah I figured that. (However it's worth noting that there could be a Framer/Tailor rather than a Godfather, who may have made an undeclared visit. Compared to the utility of verifying my claim, however, trying to find them is not worth it, so you did good)

What I meant was there still exists the possibility that you're scum rather than a tracker and you successfully guessed that I checked Credit. On balance though I think this is less likely than you simply being a legit Tracker.

I'm mostly just wrestling with the whole "if we mislynch we're going to lose" thing. I need to accept that there's no 100% lynch and that taking the most likely one is the only way forward.

...we could still No Lynch today but if scum kill Pala then it comes down to the same thing in the end.
03-16-2015, 03:02 PM
I should be a bit more open minded.
Logically the god father is in one of the vanilla claims which leaves one of Oz/speed since there is a guilty on credit. Both of which dc has got an innocent on. since oz was bussed with acio the night dc tried to check acio.
I know i am town
dc's claim checks out.
Pala is certainly town.

The problem that arises is where did the kill go the night garu docced Oz?
I suppose its possible the entire scum team forgot to put in a nk in or the just didnt take a shot but that is making a lot of assumptions.

Steam
03-16-2015, 03:07 PM
anacreon: scum bus scum!Oz and Acio, kill Oz (redirected to Acio), same goes for Garu's protection.

dC, note that anacreon could be a scum tracker.
03-16-2015, 03:17 PM
Looking at worlds:

Acio/Oz bus makes no sense if both are town, which means Oz = scum.
However, why would scum be protecting Oz with a dead watcher?
What the hell was the purpose of the bus?

If they're both town, the bus was a setup which means anacreon = scum.
Reason for bus is to frame one of Acio/Oz.
Technically bus didn't need to actually happen, anac could have just made it up and thrown pE under the bus.

I am almost certainly dead tonight.

Framer is a legitimate concern (but then does scum not have an anti-watcher role outside of the busdriver).

I think today we should actually no-lynch. There is literally nobody scum can shoot tonight but me that won't clear up the gamestate, and shooting me will clear up the gamestate (presumably they have no other roles that can fuck with me). Thoughts?
03-16-2015, 03:36 PM
the anti-watcher role is probably a ninja which is what we have been assuming has been making all the kills.

Steam
03-16-2015, 04:17 PM
(03-16-2015 02:27 PM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  Guilty.

However, I only had Credit, Oz, and yourself who were really reasonable check targets (Pala is self-solving and almost certainly town, I am town, and I have an innocent on Chuck that while it COULD be Tailored means there's too much of a chance another check on Chuck would simply be a waste of time even if he is scum (i.e. godfather!Chuck worlds)). This raises the issue of worlds where you guessed my cop check existing and being plausible.

...I think at this point if you managed to predict who I'd check there's basically nothing I can do about it. Apart from anything else, even IF you did guess my check scum!Anac isn't mutually exclusive with scum!Credit. You could have framed Credit and bet everything on me checking him, but...that's just not likely enough given that we'd have to commit to it by lynching you instead of him. I think Credit is most likely scum in both town!Anac AND scum!Anac worlds, so I *THINK* we lynch him today and pray that he wasn't framed. I'll have to do some more thinking before voting, but at this stage I'm not seeing any other reasonable way forward.

If nothing else, ignoring the wine surrounding framer worlds lends itself to a Credit lynch anyway, and either godfather!Chuck or godfather!Oz makes as much sense as anything.

i hath been framed

[Image: product21583xl_1_framed.jpg]

Edited for Readability and Preservation of Sanity - The Revolution - OP - Chapter 1/2 - Chapter 2/2 (missing maps) - Chapter 2 - Chapter 3 (Ongoing) - Chat
03-16-2015, 05:07 PM
You got anything else Credit.

Thing is anacreon, I do sort of doubt that you AND dC are town and if he's town scum either has a framer/godfather or a ninja and if you're town... I guess it sort of makes sense since we don't have to worry as much. Hm.

So what do people think we should do today? Do you trust dC?
03-16-2015, 05:57 PM
Honestly his claim checks out with me in that he claimed a visiting role and i saw him visit some one. I guess the framer possibility could make him the framer?

Steam
03-16-2015, 06:04 PM
Well there are other roles I could see existing if he's scum and lying (rolecop, for example, or scum tracker), and since there's nothing left for him to learn he just decided to check someone who would make him look good to you.

What are your thoughts on lynching today?
03-16-2015, 06:04 PM
The problem i am seeing with scum dc is that he could have claimed guilty on me or some one else sooner.

Steam
03-16-2015, 06:17 PM
My gut says to lynch the guilty but you do bring up some good points about no lynching. I am trying to think of who the scum would probably shoot that gives the least info if we no lynch. Pala i am not sure if they will shoot you since it pretty much becomes a gamble on who you have your thing pointed at.

Honestly at this point if we no lynch then scum have to make the game winning/losing gamble as opposed to town.

Steam
03-16-2015, 11:40 PM
Hey. Why do we know Pala is town again? Was he cop checked?

(Sorry, this is a stupid question, I don't remember)
03-17-2015, 12:26 AM
I checked him N3.

Additionally he's a self-solving problem if he's scum (If we get REALLY worried about it, we just lynch him and either he's lying scum or he revenge kills whoever we would have lynched if not him).

RE: No Lynch: Only issues I have with it are the same ones I had yesterday. It's...actually looking like a surprisingly complicated question, I'll talk more about this when I have time.
03-17-2015, 01:17 AM
anacreon, dC, who would scum shoot tonight?

Certainly not Credit, he's got a guilty!
Certainly not speed, he could be a mislynch!
Certainly not dC, Oz, or anacreon, they are a sea of mislynches!
Certainly not me, I could shoot them!

Oh right and don't forget that there are two actual mafias up there.

There's only one thing scum could do in the night that doesn't involve clearing up the game at least a little bit but I doubt we're going to be dealing with something as silly as a draw.
03-17-2015, 01:33 AM
With Credit's post up there, I feel like we could lynch him anyways? And then we can see who scum kills. Then we could still have the no lynch option tomorrow to get even more information when we don't have as much.

I mean, doubt dC all you want, but Credit looks like he's throwing in the towel.
03-17-2015, 02:40 AM
(03-16-2015 05:07 PM)Palamedes Wrote:  You got anything else Credit.

Thing is anacreon, I do sort of doubt that you AND dC are town and if he's town scum either has a framer/godfather or a ninja and if you're town... I guess it sort of makes sense since we don't have to worry as much. Hm.

So what do people think we should do today? Do you trust dC?

i don't have anything else b/c i'm vanilla :/

I do not trust either of speedchuck or dC

(03-17-2015 01:33 AM)speedchuck Wrote:  I mean, doubt dC all you want, but Credit looks like he's throwing in the towel.

Why would i look like that

Edited for Readability and Preservation of Sanity - The Revolution - OP - Chapter 1/2 - Chapter 2/2 (missing maps) - Chapter 2 - Chapter 3 (Ongoing) - Chat
03-17-2015, 03:12 AM
Post 1482 does not look like an attempt to seriously suggest being framed. I assumed that it was a 'welp, guilty checked, darn' post. Was I wrong? What is your hypothesis as of what is going on, assuming you are town?

I mean, come on, it's MYLO. If you really are town, you should be trying to help us not mislynch, by detailing what you think is going on, as opposed to doubtcasting and saying 'welp, I claimed, got nothing'
03-17-2015, 08:40 AM
If a framer exists the viable cop checks last night were me or credit. I kind of think the framer would have targeted me in that situation because i am an info-role. Since i kind of thought dc was gonna check me.
However if it was random there is a 50% chance dc's result was messed with assuming a framer exists.

Pala the thing is if your thing is pointed at a town when they shoot you then we lose. So i think we might as well just lynch the person your thing is pointed at. Since if we no lynch you will have to make the judgement call if scum decide to shoot you.

Its up to you if you want to make the judgement call or not.

Steam
03-17-2015, 08:43 AM
(03-17-2015 08:40 AM)anacreon Wrote:  Pala the thing is if your thing is pointed at a town when they shoot you then we lose. So i think we might as well just lynch the person your thing is pointed at. Since if we no lynch you will have to make the judgement call if scum decide to shoot you.
If we lynch scum and he's shot, then he can go off on whoever, though
03-17-2015, 08:50 AM
THe other thing i want to bring up is if credit is the ninja then the final scum has to make a visit which means if there is a kill tonight then between Oz/speed one of them has to make the visit. The one that I catch not visiting is actually a vanilla and we lynch the other.

Steam
03-17-2015, 08:51 AM
speed i know i am going with the no lynch/scum shoot pala scenario.

Steam
03-17-2015, 08:54 AM
What i am getting at is if we no lynch i would rather do it tommorow.

Steam
03-17-2015, 09:04 AM
Oh yeah, right. For some reason I screwed things up? I think speed is right re: Credit so I'm fine voting for him closer to dayend. Or, I'm also cool going for anacreon.

Oz/speed are people I expressly don't want to deal with today, same probably with dC.
03-17-2015, 09:52 AM
So Anac has pointed out one part of it: If we simply let Pala dictate the lynch today, we appear to get better outcomes (lose on miss both times, but if we no lynch then Pala hitting scum is basically just like we lynched whoever Pala went off on. If we lynch his prospective target instead, then his revenge kill can clear out a suspicious townie in the WORST case and win us the game in the best case)

However, no lynching does give us the advantage that we can no lynch again tomorrow if Pala hits. This would net us an extra day of information assuming they kill Pala (or simplify the inforole situation if they kill Anac or myself).

On the other hand, as Anac has pointed out if Credit (or any lynch target) flips ninja today then the final scum has to visit tonight to make a kill. That puts them in a situation where they really want to kill Anac...unless [WINEWINEWINEWINEWINE]

Oh plus if Credit flips Framer/Tailor then I can go looking tonight without too much of a problem if they kill you instead (and leaving you alive into endgame is a problem because if they kill me then you guys can just no lynch at MYLO and force them to either kill Pala or face a 3-person LYLO where you can just lynch Pala who decides 50/50 on who is the last scum)

@Credit: As speed said, "anything else" in this case means thoughts and opinions and generally playing the game stuff, not mechanical things.

@Pala: RE: Nightkill, it depends on which lynching plan we go with. If we no lynch they'll probably shoot you since it basically forces us to commit to a lynch and even if you DO hit they go into MYLO without you which is probably worth it.

If we do lynch, then...hmm. I think they will NOT kill Credit or Oz. Killing Credit would expose that they have a framer, and killing Oz cleans up too many questions. They could kill Anac, myself, you, or Chuck reasonably. I want to rule out everyone but Anac, but I wouldn't rule out gambling on not being tracked as a sort of last resort...

I mean the most likely/most obvious thing is that if a ninja remains they'll off me and if a Godfather remains they'll off Anac (unless said Godfather IS Anac...), but there's potential mileage out of leaving us both alive and simply calling out a successful check as a lie (especially since you don't believe us both to be town, and note the godfather!Anac paranoia above). In which case they'd likely hit Chuck since you'd be able to ruin that with your revenge kill. In summary, if we no lynch they'll probably kill you and if we lynch then whoever they kill will be full of wine.

And yeah as everyone else is concluding, I think we're better off lynching today rather than just leaving it to Pala tonight. Credit is probably my lynch of choice...it's worth noting that the only scumteam that doesn't include either Credit or Anac is Oz/Speed, which...is close to impossible because I have innocents on BOTH of them (they'd need a self-targeting Tailor or a Godfather Tailor or two Godfathers or something stupid) unless Anac is lying scum in which case Anac is on the scumteam instead of one of them. And between the two of them I'm more inclined to believe in town!Anac (scum!Anac is either a scumtracker or lucky, and Anac's behaviour has been better than Credit's largely by virtue of actually being here and saying things)

I'm assuming town!Pala...if we are worried about scum!Pala we should lynch him today and have him go off. This guards against scum!Pala but is obviously worse than just lynching some other scum if Pala is town. I'm not sufficiently worried about scum!Pala that that's worth it, partly from Acioreads yesterday, partly from an innocent earlier (which is by no means 100% certain but it's a point in favour of town!Pala), and partly because we're fine in scum!Pala world if we just hit his scumbuddy today anyway.