Complete FTL Mafia - Your Eternal Reward [MAFIA VICTORY]
03-20-2015, 12:45 AM
RE: FTL Mafia - Day 7: ??? [6/17]
Hm unvote

Reasonable vote almost immediately following mine and no extra scum vote coming in makes me happier about theorized anacreon/dC scumteam, and with someone else voting I can feel secure in it being a thing that might actually happen.

I'll take care of hammering later, don't worry.

Unless someone can find some holes in my logic or prove that another lynch is the best idea.
03-20-2015, 12:48 AM
EBWOP: If anacreon flips scum framer or something even remotely anti-cop I obviously won't be blowing up dC. I'll aim at one of the other players, and you should probably lynch one of them (not sure which at this point unfortunately). I'm tempted to say either speed or Credit. This is doubly true if anacreon is a godfather.
03-20-2015, 01:21 AM
If Anac flips something anticop then you are willing to think that he chanced guessing dC's check for the night?
03-20-2015, 02:16 AM
If anac flips not tracker but something anti-cop than he almost definitely guessed dC's check - since that implies a cop exists.

If anac is a scum tracker then dC is also probably a legit cop (since again scum tracker is a weak scum info role this game especially if dC is also scum. In this world dC should check one of you three (Credit/Oz/speed) without telling anyone and see what result he gets so as to determine the possibility of a framer somewhat.
03-20-2015, 02:38 AM
Just noting that I am in fact here. I'd like to not have the lynch go through until I'm done typing up a contingency post (REMINDER: If Anac flips anti-cop or scumtracker I'm MUCH more likely to be nightkilled than anybody else), but if we want to put it through after that I can provide the necessary vote. There's no real reason to rush though, so unless people are UNBEARABLY BURNINGLY CURIOUS we should probably wait?
03-20-2015, 03:00 AM
Quick preamble: I think all I can do at this point is cross my fingers that Anac is the anti-cop scum. I've said my pieces (many, many, many, many, many, MANY times), so I don't think there's anything left to say about the state of the game as-is. Unfortunately for those of you hoping to escape without yet another giant dC post, I may well not be around tomorrow to talk about Anac's flip. So that means it's time to post everything I might want to say about the various Anac flip worlds before the day is out.

So. If Anac flips anti-cop or Scumtracker, they'll almost certainly kill me tonight since I'm not a prime mislynch any more and Pala missing won't give them the win. If he flips Vanilla Godfather, Credit should be a safe lynch. If he flips Godfather + Ninja, Credit SHOULD still be a safe lynch but the last scum being a Framer/Tailor isn't completely impossible. Seems like overkill anti-cop wise though, so...I'd still lynch Credit here.

If he flips Framer/Tailor, then the fact that I had a guilty on Credit should be mostly ignored (simply because it implies Anac guessed successfully and there's no way he wouldn't have framed town!Credit given that, which means that Credit would have checked guilty regardless of his actual alignment and that information is worthless). Tailor flip I think you should go after Chuck, as I'd suspect him of having been tailored N5. Framer flip, Chuck becomes MUCH less likely (see Godfather + Framer = Overkill argument) so it's between Credit and Oz. Only insight I have there is a meta "Oz would be less likely to do the pEgambit thing" (and I don't even know how true that is), and a personal preference for lynching Credit.

If he flips Scumtracker...I don't think that narrows it down at all, unfortunately. The last scum could still be a Framer which means Credit isn't necessarily a safe lynch, it could be a Godfather (so Chuck isn't clear), and nothing's barring Oz in that situation either.

So here's a summary chart for tomorrow:
- Godfather!Anac: Lynch Credit
- Tailor!Anac: Lynch Chuck (or at least look into him pretty heavily)
- Framer!Anac: Lynch Oz or Credit
- Scumtracker!Anac: ???
- Non anti-cop!Anac: I'll talk more tomorrow because there's ZERO chance I'll be nightkilled in that scenario. It's pretty much the same as scumtracker!Anac anyway, I'd want to lynch Credit > Oz > Chuck.

In terms of personal opinion I would lynch Credit over Oz and Oz over Chuck (so I'd prefer Creditlynch in Framer and Scumtracker worlds). I think that's everything. I'll stick around for a bit longer to field any questions people want to ask while they still have the chance. (I'll post again before I leave, too)
03-20-2015, 03:27 AM
Unfortunately in case two the biggest problem is the Acio/Oz bus. The best theory i can come up with is Scum were planning to shoot pala and bussed Oz with acio in the event his revenge kill was pointed at Oz but they changed their mind for whatever reason but didn't bother changing the bus.

[Image: sonicsig2.jpg]
Steam
03-20-2015, 03:38 AM
...huh, that's an interesting thought.

I dunno if it's any more likely than "Accidentally tailored AND busdrove Acionyx in one night", but...it probably is?

I don't think it's enough to make me want a different lynch, though. I mean it's an alternative to another unlikely condition but the overall effect on how likely all the different worlds are is quite small.
03-20-2015, 03:45 AM
...okay I'm ducking out of the thread. I'll be back before deadline to vote if needed.
03-20-2015, 04:05 AM
Seven hours, anyone else?

If anything, you should assume you're being shot in the night and want your opinion stated prior to tomorrow's start.
03-20-2015, 04:20 AM
Say we lynch Anac. Pala isn't shot, I am. (for whatever reason)

Hrm. So much depends on Anac's role flip that I don't really know what advice I'd put forth.

Players that would be left:
Oz
Credit
Pala
dC

I agree with the whole idea that if Anac's role doesn't imply anti-cop, dC should go. Otherwise, I'm at kind of a toss up between Oz and Credit. I'd probably base my decision off of seeing if Anac's flip revealed anything about why Acio and Oz might have been bussed.

I don't have much to state as an opinion here. Anac's flip is going to weigh in way more than I can.
03-20-2015, 05:01 AM
Here is where i would make some last ditch effort to not mislynch me unfortunately that the case for me being town relies on circumstantial evidence regarding the busdrive. I will say my theory about that bus drive is just as likely as Dc theory about me guessing his visit. Dc has also made points about pE going off kilter as scum so why wouldnt he do so regarding that bus drive.
I am a town tracker. All i can ask is for the town reconsider mislynching me. I have no more time now. I will be back when day is over to see if town lost or if there is another day.

Steam
03-20-2015, 08:14 AM
Alright, it's less than three hours to deadline, I'm about to head in to work, and Credit is nowhere to be seen. Time to Lynch: Anacreon I guess.
03-20-2015, 10:02 AM
Hey guys, I'm extending the day 24 hours because I'm not going to be home anytime near deadline, and also because there's the slight possibility that I might be somewhere where I can access Quicktopic on my computer tomorrow. Thanks.

Day ends on March 20, 8PM EST
03-20-2015, 10:22 AM
What do you need Credit for? Also we might as well try to make something out of these two days re: what everyone thinks the next step is but it seems like it probably won't make much of a difference.

Conspiracy theory: Oz killed Acio hoping we'd use it as an argument against anacreon. Seems unlikely, but throwing it out there anyways.
03-20-2015, 10:47 AM
Well the point was that if Credit didn't show up before dayend and I didn't vote then and there (and was unable to check in before dayend) we wouldn't have the necessary numbers for the lynch. Given that I ended up being able to check in before dayend AND there was an extension, this ended up being completely moot.

Unvote in the meantime, although I think most everyone has said what they want to about the next step by this stage...

Hmm. There's wine of the worst kind involved here (in that if you count "hoping we'd use it as an argument against anacreon" as a reason for a scumteam to off Acio, then every scumteam has motive to kill him), so I'm not sure how useful this line of reasoning can be...it doesn't help that a fair few scumteams would just go "He's Acio" and kill him for no reason beyond that. Especially as killing donut the day before means they probably weren't aiming to get him mislynched.

Will think about this more but want to post relatively quickly because of the whole N-1 thing.
03-20-2015, 10:51 AM
Okay. So.

Ozmeta? Is that something he'd do? I think that's about all we can realistically assess regarding that possibility at this point.

Oh, although if the scumteam was going to kill him because he's Acio it's weird that they didn't do it before now (unless it was, say, because he'd just gotten on track or something). That...MIGHT point to shenanigans? I'm not sure exactly what we do about it though, unless we think it's likely enough that we should go after Oz instead.

I dunno. I get the feeling that trying to work out why he was killed is something of a fool's errand because we basically can't gather ANY data on it other than people's speculation.

...how useful would people's speculation on the matter be?
03-20-2015, 12:36 PM (This post was last modified: 03-20-2015 12:36 PM by ICan'tGiveCredit.)
(03-20-2015 10:22 AM)Palamedes Wrote:  What do you need Credit for?

You need Credit to take loans from the bank and to pursue a career in investment banking.

You also need Credit because Credit is town c:
(03-20-2015 10:22 AM)Palamedes Wrote:  Conspiracy theory: Oz killed Acio hoping we'd use it as an argument against anacreon. Seems unlikely, but throwing it out there anyways.

Conspiracy theory: Aliens kidnapped Acio hoping he wouldn't give away any details of Hitler's clones' plans to go back in time and kill Queen Elizabeth

Edited for Readability and Preservation of Sanity - The Revolution - OP - Chapter 1/2 - Chapter 2/2 (missing maps) - Chapter 2 - Chapter 3 (Ongoing) - Chat
03-20-2015, 12:39 PM
I am back and apparently we have an extension.
Pala in worlds where i am town that does make some sense.

@dc also consider that acio was off track and leading lynches into town for most of the game. Scum letting him live because he was off track does make sense. Also consider who the kill options were last night.

Shooting pala risks one of their own.
Shooting me gives town enough information to figure out who the scum is not only that acio is alive.
Shooting you pretty much does the same as shooting me in that it helps town too much acio is also still alive
Oz/speed/Credit two scum are in this group so shooting the not scum gives town too much information and acio is alive.

Shooting acio was more or less their only option last night to keep town off their scent since it yielded the least info with the bonus of acio being dead..

However I really need to come up with something more than just circumstantial evidence for case two. Since at this rate town is going to mislynch me. Unfortunately all the angles have been looked at for case two it seems.

Steam
03-20-2015, 01:34 PM
i kind of would like to hear Oz opinion on the guilty on credit thing unfortunately he is busy/sick.

Lets take a look at the reasons so far
Oz put his vote on me and left it there because i am not sure? considering in scum Oz world case 2 indicts him as scum so he has to pushr case 1.
Pala wants to lynch me because the case 2 makes the least sense. Which is kind of what i need to make sense of or find a legit scum!Oz angle
speed wants to lynch me
dc wanting to lynch me is a bit too gambly since his primary argument is that i got lucky with guessing his visit with a 50% ~33%. That is actually quite a weird angle to push.

Credit is idk what he is doing. He is kind of being out there and acting a bit goofy and not contributing much to the mylo discussion. His claim to being framed as speed pointed out is weird. Lets also consider he is letting this lynch happen as well a bit more passively.

Taking all of this into account all of the currently alive players are getting me lynched...

Steam
03-20-2015, 01:57 PM
IN this situation vote: credit has to be the other scum considering 3 town and 1 scum have voted for me and want me lynched.

Steam
03-20-2015, 02:23 PM
(03-20-2015 01:57 PM)anacreon Wrote:  IN this situation vote: credit has to be the other scum considering 3 town and 1 scum have voted for me and want me lynched.

have you considered i m laze
----------------------------------

the way i'm seeing things is that either of anac or dc Framed me. One of them (Not both) must be in on it because both have argued with each other. I lean more on dc because he's the one who said "guilty" and can easily "Verify" people's claims by saying "yeah, you are w/e because i'm obviously cop, so you can trust me".

But where's the truth in /that cop claim/??

i'm not voting for anac b/c lazyness and dC

Edited for Readability and Preservation of Sanity - The Revolution - OP - Chapter 1/2 - Chapter 2/2 (missing maps) - Chapter 2 - Chapter 3 (Ongoing) - Chat
03-20-2015, 02:40 PM
So i am confused do you think both me and dc are scum? or is it only dc?

Steam
03-20-2015, 02:41 PM
ebwop: or only me?

Steam
03-20-2015, 02:41 PM
if you're scum, dc isn't. If dc is, you're not

03-20-2015, 03:35 PM
Credit have you not read anything I've said.
03-20-2015, 04:54 PM
He's lazy, remember? :V

Hrm. I don't really know what to make of this. Anac says something sensible about the nightkill and Credit hops in and demonstrates large-scale "not reading the thread"...I'm not sure which of them I'd prefer to lynch now. Their interaction doesn't say anything about coalignment one way or the other (it's not unnatural enough to suggest they're scumbuddies but it's not natural enough to explicitly suggest they're NOT)...

Credit's been pretty absent today and has basically said the same things each time when he DOES show up, which kinda suggests...he doesn't care who gets lynched as long as it's not him? Except meta-wise I know he does shit like this so while it might be enough to lynch him (or at least take a good look at him) in any other situation, this is MYLO and therefore not the time to lynch him for stuff that's his usual modus operandi.

Then there's the guilty...I don't really want to trust that because lolframer, but it probably increases the chances he's scum.

Ugh, I just don't know. I think it's largely irrelevant because we want to lynch someone else first (they might flip something that gives insight into my result on Credit) so I THINK I still want to lynch Anac and hope he flips anti-cop (or scumtracker. Or both!) to try and clear this mess up. However I have this niggling suspicion that there's something I'm missing logic-wise...

Bleh.

> Waste exactly four hours on this tomfoolery
[Image: 01251.gif]

YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO YOU HATE MYLO
03-21-2015, 01:50 AM
Are we sure we don't want to no lynch? If we aren't certain by day end, then it's less of a gamble. And I am very uncertain. Holes pop up in every theorized scumteam.
03-21-2015, 02:15 AM
Before we settle the dayend, what do you think of a dC/Credit team, Pala? I was looking back at the pE crash n' burn and I was somehow inspired to ask that. Just gut feel, nothing concrete from there.
03-21-2015, 03:15 AM
I got that as a gut feel from Credit too. How does that fit with dC as scum though (include an explanation of him targeting Credit N6)?

Also question for people: Can you construct a proper scumworld out of one of these pairs of players:
1) Oz/dC
2) Oz/speed
3) dC/speed

How would it work, and why does it make more sense than my suggested teams? Because right now we're in three situations:
1) anacreon is scum, hence why no quickhammer.
2) Both scum are already voting anacreon, hence why no quickhammer.
3) Credit just wasn't around to quickhammer for over three hours when it was an opportunity.

I don't think we're in world 3 but still putting it up there.
03-21-2015, 03:18 AM
EBWOP: All of that said Credit is actively working against his wincon and should be killed for it if he's town (though I know that won't be a thing that's happening) and your point on him just not even fighting dC's guilty is pertinent as well.

Like if I'm going to lose at MYLO part of me figures it might as well be because some jerk decided to play as scum despite having a town wincon.
03-21-2015, 05:03 AM
Would dC have had to check Credit if they were both scum? Weird question. If dC is faking the cop thing, and is using some other visiting role, then I could see him trying to 'bus' credit, especially with a contrived possibility of a framer.
03-21-2015, 05:09 AM
anacreon saw dC visit Credit - if he's town then he's telling the truth.

What sort of visiting role works for that purpose? I can only think of Lawyer, but that is a role that exists in setups with cops.
03-21-2015, 05:17 AM
Rolecop? No yeah, I guess that's a good point. Hm. I'm between wanting to lynch Credit and Anac, and I'm not sure which.
03-21-2015, 08:59 AM
wait no. What if a town busdriver targeted me and dc and dc is scum and thus checked HIMSELF

03-21-2015, 08:59 AM
oh there is no town busdriver :/

03-21-2015, 09:02 AM
idea idea

Anac/dc both scum. anac easily corroborates dc's claim by following someone else and then saying they followed dc

03-21-2015, 09:05 AM
The problem with dc!scum is why even confirm that my check was right? If he is scum he is pushing the whole I got lucky and guessed that he visited credit angle.

if credit is scum that means 1 scum voted me would explain his unhelpfulness. if hes town 2 scum are voting me and he is committed to not being helpful during mylo. Regardless of his alignment 1 scum has/is voted/voting me

in addition to the above scum!Credit can fit into alot of scum teams as well.

So far the worlds proposed in which i am scum are.
me/dc
me/Oz
me/credit

Lets look at the scum teams with credit on them.
me/credit
credit/Oz
credit/speed

I know i am not scum.
speed and Oz both being scum makes no sense with a copped innocent is on both unless you think godfather-with-a-role is a thing.
So that leaves credit/speed or credit/Oz factoring in the bus credit/Oz has to be left meaning that me theory that scum were planning to shoot pala but chose to shoot dpaul instead becomes viable.

Steam
03-21-2015, 09:13 AM
The two worlds that make sense to me are still credoz and anadc. Should we no lynch to figure out the two? Everyone weigh in.
03-21-2015, 09:14 AM
credit/Oz also means scum figured i would talk my way into getting myself mislynched.

Of note is how credit is reacting once attention is actually brought to him. Since most of the day me/pala/dc kind of glossed on credit and didnt really give him that much attention.

Steam
03-21-2015, 09:35 AM
Actually not me specifically but one of the currently alive town would talk them selves into a mislynch. God Mylo with lurky people sucks...

Steam
03-21-2015, 10:00 AM
I think we have like an hour left, anacreon is at H-2 and Credit at H-3.

My head says lynch anacreon, my heart says lynch Credit.

Would people move to Credit?
03-21-2015, 10:01 AM
Also theory crafting time. killing dp makes sense if scum knew that the doc saved him instead of his bp. So they used goomba slot to just by pass the bp.

Steam
03-21-2015, 10:02 AM
Ugh I feel like I made a point against this but Credit/anac makes a tiny bit of sense.
03-21-2015, 10:06 AM
anacreon how would scum know that?
03-21-2015, 10:09 AM
i guess not know more if they thought it was likely.

Steam
03-21-2015, 10:09 AM
and didnt want to risk the chance.

Steam
03-21-2015, 10:15 AM
But anyway i am not sure if that is relevant at the moment.
Speed wants to lynch either me/dc or credit/Oz.
I have expressd who i would like to lynch.
dc being paranoid is good but he is betting on the 33% chance that i am actually scum in a town him world.
Oz probably isnt gonna be back to move his vote.

SO i guess its if dc is willing to move over to credit or not.

Steam
03-21-2015, 10:20 AM
Okay, it's less than an hour to deadline...

We can no lynch, but that will probably just end in Pala being forced to choose between the two worlds during the night. At the very least we should try our best to decide so that Pala has everyone's opinions to consider when making the kill. What this means I think we should do is everyone votes for who they want lynched, but don't worry about if we don't properly get a majority (i.e if you think Credit is scum and Anac is town and thus Anac should NOT be lynched, don't hop over to Anac for the sake of avoiding no lynch. Stay on Credit). If we get a majority, fine, if not, Pala uses the information from our votes to make his determination if he's killed.

Worlds that work okay for me are:
- Anac/Credit. They have a scumtracker or Anac hedged against me checking Credit by guessing that I checked him. This actually removes the guessing weirdness: If I DID check Credit Anac comes off as town, and if I DIDN'T then Anac comes off as scum but Credit doesn't (because I didn't check him :V). Mostly works in framer!Credit worlds, because then a check on someone who wasn't Credit or Anac could potentially come up guilty.

- Anac/Oz. This cleans up "why did Oz check innocent" thing, the main holes are Anac getting my check right and Oz approving (or not being around to stop, I guess) both the pE gambit bus and (if no scumtracker) Anac's guessframe of Credit.

- Credit/Oz. Busdrive on Oz is odd, but the reason I've been saying towntracker!Anac makes it more likely that scum would suspect a Tracker as well as a Watcher is this: We've been using balance reasoning all game. What if the scumteam has roles that make them suspect both of those AND a cop for balance reasons? (They'd need some very powerful scumrole though and I'm not sure if one sufficiently powerful to make that many inforoles manifestly necessary to counter it actually exists)

- Anac/Chuck. Main hole here is Anac guessframing Credit (or there being a scumtracker and a framer...)

An important GENERAL note on Anac guessing my check is he might have felt like he HAD to. Like, suppose he came out today saying he'd checked <someone else> and they didn't visit anyone. He even said himself that I was the only decent Tracker check last night! He might have just reached the conclusion that he'd be MORE likely to be lynched as a fake tracker if he announced a no check result on someone other than me compared to...

...hmm, although the same logic Anac is using on me applies in the other direction: Why didn't he just get me to claim my result and then call it incorrect?

...yeah I think I'm willing to move over to Credit. Anac/Credit is a reasonably likely Anac team anyway.
03-21-2015, 10:23 AM
You were the only check left because of godfather/ninja worlds which means trying to find either would have been pointless.

Steam