Complete FTL Mafia - Your Eternal Reward [MAFIA VICTORY]
02-03-2015, 09:44 AM
RE: FTL Mafia - Day One: Rebel Rabble
(02-03-2015 07:54 AM)Coldblooded Wrote:  
(02-03-2015 07:12 AM)Callistic Wrote:   vote:Goomba
I feel like him, CC, and dC are scumbuddies, but I think he's best to pressure right now.

Why those three in particular? Is there something out there that points to a DC/Goomba/Clark team, or do you just think that they all look individually scummy?
The former. Goomba and dC were just being...very defensive of Chris.

Goomba: The dissonance between 128 and 140, as well as between 140 and who he's currently voting for. Basically, he's being v. weird about Chris.
dC: Epic niceness to Chris, in posts 119, 121, and 124 a little bit? Also too nice to Goomba in 152. However, I actually think out of the three dC has the highest chance of just being a nice guy, not actually being scum. Which is why I'm not voting for him. Yet.
Chris: I'm really just suspicious of him because of the way the other two are treating him, to be honest. Although I would like to see him speak up!!

AND OF COURSE: It's D1, we've only been playing for a day I think, this is all absolutely conjecture and might not be right!!! (I think I'm a little on the paranoid side...heck, I even have a slight read of you as scum, Coldblooded, although not enough yet to vote for you.)
02-03-2015, 09:52 AM
EBWOP: A lot happened while I was typing that...I...dC is definitely being really helpful, I'm starting to trust him more. I still think we should keep an eye on him though.

I'll still keep up the Goomba-crusade, though, 'slong as it has enough votes to pressure.

Speaking of pressure: Goomba:
1) Do you still think Chris is the scummiest so far? If not, who?
2) What do you think about the lurkers?
3) What do you think about the lurker-lynch wagon?
02-03-2015, 10:03 AM
Alright, caught up by skimming. I hate D1. And there are too many people in this game. I need to stick with 13 players or less and actually know what's going on.

Vote MechaGoomba
Just defending self, condemning current direction of day, impeding town progress in those two ways, yet doesn't suggest other places for us to go. Bandwagons onto Terra to remove attention from him.

Yep, that's my catch-up post.
02-03-2015, 10:11 AM
Mafia rule #1: Keep an eye on EVERYONE

Mafia rule #2: Obeying Mafia rule #1 makes you crazy

Have fun :V

@Kiven: Agreed on D1, would like to note that you say Goomba doesn't suggest anywhere else for us to look but does hop on Terra. I assume hopping on an existing wagon doesn't count in that regard and you'd have preferred him to find a target we're not looking at given that Chris and himself were basically the only ones at the time? Do you think Goomba/Chris are likely to be coaligned, or that Goomba objecting to the Chris lynch was just general unhelpfulness?
02-03-2015, 10:40 AM
i don't think terrabalt is scum? like voting patterns are(for me) nigh-impossible to read. it's more off of information/posts so i would say not very strong an argument
02-03-2015, 10:45 AM
(02-03-2015 10:11 AM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  @Kiven: Agreed on D1, would like to note that you say Goomba doesn't suggest anywhere else for us to look but does hop on Terra. I assume hopping on an existing wagon doesn't count in that regard and you'd have preferred him to find a target we're not looking at given that Chris and himself were basically the only ones at the time? Do you think Goomba/Chris are likely to be coaligned, or that Goomba objecting to the Chris lynch was just general unhelpfulness?

'Fraid I can't answer this.
02-03-2015, 11:25 AM
Dammit, I meant @Speedchuck.

For some reason I've been getting the two of you confused since DHI.

@Donut: Anyone you ARE keeping more of an eye on?
02-03-2015, 11:33 AM
you, acio, pala, goomba, zatch
02-03-2015, 11:38 AM
Hmmm...well, town at large has been talking a lot about Goomba so there's not much need to ask about that...how about:

Anything in particular from Acio and Zatch caught your attention? (I know Zatch mentioned votehopping but is it that or something else that's caught your eye?)
02-03-2015, 11:57 AM
zatch did the same thing w garuru that chris did, so i'm sort of watching him

acio(and pala by extension) i usually try to watch bc they're good players and impact town based on the side they're on
02-03-2015, 12:06 PM
...and that was when I realized I'd completely overlooked post #127.

Er, sorry about that.

So Acio/Pala you're observing for meta reasons rather than due to their behaviour in this game? Fair enough.

Anyway I get the impression that you're largely just waiting for stuff to happen, do you think there's anything you could try to MAKE stuff happen?
02-03-2015, 12:26 PM
Holy shit, the Terra wagon is Terra-ble (i'm sorry).

Not that I'm particularly opposed to lynching Terra, but Zatch and Goomba both come off as looking bad. I was on Zatch a while back for safely parking his vote on me despite saying that he would "be down for lynching Chris", which, ironically, is the same thing that Goomba did that had everyone leap down his throat. Speaking of Goomba, he pretty much leaped freely on the Terra wagon despite being so reluctant to vote Chris, which does look really strange, even with his reasons for not voting Chris put aside. But, he does look mildly better once he admitted to being a scapegoat to get discussion going. Zatch, though, has done basically nothing except be like "haha look at how scummy i am".

vote: Zatch

Zatch/Chris/Goomba is looking like a very real scumteam right now, though that theory will have to wait until one of them flips.

[Image: sig.gif]
02-03-2015, 12:37 PM
Blech lots of words.

I didn't know Terrabalt was playing until his bad lynchwagon formed. Not interested in it. More interested in how I see exactly zero reasons why Goomba would be voting for him given his reasons for not voting CC13 apply just as much (if not better) on a Terrabalt wagon. Goomba, what is up with that?

Zatch is also bad because he seems to be acting like he's totally not just following people onto the Terra lynch.

dC I meant post 179 not 149 herp derp sorry.
02-03-2015, 01:02 PM
Garuman here let me say a thing:

All three of them are probably town and I'm willing to bet myself being lynched on this read.

I /can/ explain it openly if absolutely necessary but I am making a slight attempt at subtlety

(I could be hilariously wrong too but I don't care about that world because it's an easy town win)
02-03-2015, 01:07 PM
Like to be clear:

If my corpseflip could convince you that I have legit reasons to think that those three players are probably town (without going into the details) would you leave them alone tomorrow?

Because that is a trade I am up for.

Terrabalt can concievably be town but the only vote I'm not comfortable with on his train right now is coldblooded and that's mainly because I am not used to aggressive coldblooded (and if he's town he'll be dead in a few days anyways)
02-03-2015, 01:24 PM
@Pala: All I really have to say about #179 is that Acio traditionally has his shit together and I'm not great at D1 insight, so I'm happy to use my vote to augment his stuff until I can get my bearings. (Which ideally should be tonight).

@Acio: I suspect you are undervaluing yourself as an asset to town with that trade. At least try and persuade people around the normal way before offering yourself up, dude! Everything else aside experience shows you'll probably end up nightkilled soon anyhow D:
02-03-2015, 01:32 PM
I feel like an outsider on an inside joke, but I'm willing to go along with whatever shenanigans you (acio) have in mind. But do you really have to die just to prove them town to me?

unvote for now, while I gather my bearings.

02-03-2015, 01:34 PM
Alright Acio say that I believed that your stuff is legit and am not going to liberally murder people on the Terrabalt wagon.

It's a lynch literally built on you saying something and literally everyone else after you just saying 'yeah I'll follow Acio whatever' or, even better, just bandwagoning. Surely that rings at least a couple of bells?
02-03-2015, 01:42 PM
It's not an inside joke it's me attempting to be subtle (for a certain value of subtle) for once

And I dying doesn't prove it it's just that I have in the past shown my ability to stop mislynches (a fair number in this game should remember goomba->PE last game) and I /think/ they might be willing to trust me without explanation if my alignment isn't a question
02-03-2015, 01:44 PM
(02-03-2015 01:34 PM)Palamedes Wrote:  Alright Acio say that I believed that your stuff is legit and am not going to liberally murder people on the Terrabalt wagon.

It's a lynch literally built on you saying something and literally everyone else after you just saying 'yeah I'll follow Acio whatever' or, even better, just bandwagoning. Surely that rings at least a couple of bells?

I am aware and it's factored in.
02-03-2015, 02:06 PM
(02-03-2015 01:02 PM)Acionyx Wrote:  Garuman here let me say a thing:

All three of them are probably town and I'm willing to bet myself being lynched on this read.

I /can/ explain it openly if absolutely necessary but I am making a slight attempt at subtlety

(I could be hilariously wrong too but I don't care about that world because it's an easy town win)

I agree with Acio, although Zatch im more or less town. Leaning towards less. but I'm not gonna point fingers until tomorrow.

CC13 (like i probably said before)=newbtown

Goomba wagon....I feel like you guys just really dont like him ( i mean look at credithunt, he was the bloody Assassin for pete's sake)

(who's Pete? i dont know?)

It's time to, T-T-T-T-T-T TRIPLE POST
02-03-2015, 02:06 PM
Ebwop: besides the fact that i think he just hasnt figured out how to defend himself/express himself without any other means as of current

02-03-2015, 02:11 PM
@pE:

...Goomba wasn't even IN Credithunt, and YOU were the Assassin...

Why are you leaning less town on Zatch right now?

@Acio: Just noticed, how can there be an "easy town win" world so early in the game? (No need to answer if it breaks the subtlety thing you're going for)
02-03-2015, 02:12 PM
EBWOP: Oh that's right, you replaced in for Goomba. Nevertheless what does that have to do with people not liking him?
02-03-2015, 02:15 PM
(02-03-2015 02:11 PM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  @pE:

...Goomba wasn't even IN Credithunt, and YOU were the Assassin...

Why are you leaning less town on Zatch right now?

@Acio: Just noticed, how can there be an "easy town win" world so early in the game? (No need to answer if it breaks the subtlety thing you're going for)

If I'm just ludicrously wrong and the scumteam /is/ in fact zatch/chris/goomba that's three scum out of a probable 4 for a game this size and that's a pretty thorough implosion
02-03-2015, 03:02 PM
Im willing to bet that 1-2 scum are just watching the nonsense currently out of the 3-4 total

02-03-2015, 03:15 PM
(02-03-2015 02:11 PM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  @pE: Why are you leaning less town on Zatch right now?

*ahem*

And while Acio's here, what's your take on the likelihood that one of the three people listed is scum but the other two aren't?
As a specific scenario, if Zatch is scum and the other two are town?
02-03-2015, 03:49 PM
(02-03-2015 10:11 AM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  @Kiven: Agreed on D1, would like to note that you say Goomba doesn't suggest anywhere else for us to look but does hop on Terra. I assume hopping on an existing wagon doesn't count in that regard and you'd have preferred him to find a target we're not looking at given that Chris and himself were basically the only ones at the time? Do you think Goomba/Chris are likely to be coaligned, or that Goomba objecting to the Chris lynch was just general unhelpfulness?
His Terravote is very bandwagonny. I feel like he's overcompensating for his lack of 'bandwagon' on Chris. No, I don't think they are coaligned. I think he got unnerved at being told off for not getting onto Chris earlier, and now he's committing onto Terra, which is an easy guy to jump on. Maybe I'm being too hard on him, but hey, D1 skim milk. You take what you find.

(02-03-2015 01:42 PM)Acionyx Wrote:  And I dying doesn't prove it it's just that I have in the past shown my ability to stop mislynches (a fair number in this game should remember goomba->PE last game) and I /think/ they might be willing to trust me without explanation if my alignment isn't a question
You dying is not worth that, IMO. The stakes aren't that dire. And the whole 'stopping of mislynches' you did just ended up in speedmislynches. Stick around and some power roles will validate you, then scum will kill you at night on day 2 or 3. *thumbs up*
02-03-2015, 03:56 PM
(02-03-2015 03:15 PM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  
(02-03-2015 02:11 PM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  @pE: Why are you leaning less town on Zatch right now?

*ahem*

And while Acio's here, what's your take on the likelihood that one of the three people listed is scum but the other two aren't?

He just rubs me the wrong way, yknow? like the Vic wrong way, but also the reaverb/palamedes wrong way. Dont expect the holy grail of reason, this is day 1, and im a shit analyzer

02-03-2015, 04:07 PM
(02-03-2015 03:15 PM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  

*ahem*

It's a possible scenario but ~things~ make me find it unlikely

If you want it quantified it would go goomba>zatch>chris in order of likelihood
02-03-2015, 04:17 PM
Two things:

(02-03-2015 03:49 PM)speedchuck Wrote:  His Terravote is very bandwagonny. I feel like he's overcompensating for his lack of 'bandwagon' on Chris. No, I don't think they are coaligned. I think he got unnerved at being told off for not getting onto Chris earlier, and now he's committing onto Terra, which is an easy guy to jump on. Maybe I'm being too hard on him, but hey, D1 skim milk. You take what you find.

Do you think terra is town? I'll be clear about this since it's a pet peeve in these games: "easy" does not equal "town". Also, "hasn't done anything scummy" does not equal "towny" especially when hasn't done anything at all is an apt descriptor

Quote:You dying is not worth that, IMO. The stakes aren't that dire. And the whole 'stopping of mislynches' you did just ended up in speedmislynches. Stick around and some power roles will validate you, then scum will kill you at night on day 2 or 3. *thumbs up*

:p

Townreads are always more likely to be accurate than scumreads just by virtue of numbers.
02-03-2015, 04:31 PM
Hrm, not sure what conclusions to draw from this other than the obvious (i.e. chuck is unlikely to be scumbuddied with Goomba, pE is unlikely to be scumbuddied with Zatch, turbobussing scenarios aside). Acio, in addition to your existing workload I'd like a contingency i.e. what you would want town to do in the event of your death, and some thoughts on Goomba specifically.

pE: I *THINK* I get what you're getting at there but I'm not entirely sure I agree. Reaverb/Pala style scumvibes involve being a bit more involved with town than Zatch has been, don't they? (Or am I misinterpreting that? It's kinda vague...)

Kiven: Hmm...that does seem fair enough, and it's probably the best reasoning I've seen for a lynch so far. I'll look further into Goomba myself.

Acio: Do you still need me on your Terra wagon? I'm likely to jump ship to someone else based on a re-read if not (Terra has been pretty quiet which makes me nervous about lynching since DHI went down in flames due to lurker/non-contributor lynches), but I'm alright to stay if it's necessary.

Full-game analysis SHOULD follow tonight (with resultant reads on people of interest), although no guarantees that I'll be on to do it. (I'd very much like to as I'm feeling a little behind and follow-the-leader-y, but I started a new job yesterday so there's a certain amount of bustle and exhaustion involved)

PREVIEW EDIT: Possibility of Goomba bussing Terra shouldn't be overlooked but shouldn't be given all that much weight, either. Necessity of subtlety makes me sad but I can understand why, so I'll check in post-game regarding the nature of ~things~. Assuming it isn't just ~they're all my scumbuddies~ :V

(not a serious possibility and even MORE of an easy town win than your posited scenario where all three of them are scum! The secrecy does make me mildly concerned but I'm more than willing to let that slide at this stage in the game)
02-03-2015, 04:48 PM
I generally do contingency posts towards day end in closed setups anyways

As far as sticking around the terra lynch has existed for barely half a day so yeah a little bit longer at minimum
02-03-2015, 04:50 PM
Acio if you are who I think you are, and I'm pretty sure that's the case, I fully believe you. But this kinda screws up my scumdar so I'm not sure who to go after now.

I would seriously not be opposed to a Terra lynch though... He's dropped off the face of the game without so much as a defense, has he?

dC, in #200, seems to rationally understand why what he did was wrong which makes him good in my eyes again.

Also: On lurkers, there is "too busy for the game" and "actively lurking". It is pretty easy to tell the difference, actually. Lurker lynches usually do only happen when there is no strong scum candidate, and they're more of a policy lynch than anything. On one hand, lurking is usually a scum move, on the other hand, if they were town, their lynch wouldn't really hurt us much anyways because they weren't contributing. Win-win, in other words. That's something to keep in mind for later though...

02-03-2015, 06:13 PM
Hrm...the win-win scum argument is not a settled question, I believe, and it did cost us DHI ultimately (our last lynch was on a townie lurker). So there's some caution required around that, but I guess if it was a settled question one way or the other scum could take advantage of the decision (Lurker lynching? Push lynches on town lurkers! No lurker lynching? Scum lurkers!), so we need to be flexible in our lurker approach.

So, re-read points of note. I type a lot so there'll be brief summaries in [Square brackets] at the end of every long dissertation. On to the content (spoiler tagged for WALL OF TEXT):

- mM is the only first pager to not cast a random vote. Does this signify anything? To my mind it fits with the "scummy but similar to meta town!mM" read Acio was coming out with, specifically mM's generally cautious style of play. It's probably not even worthy of mention, but it did stick out so there it is. Relatively quiet in other posts, poking around the edges of what's going on in a way I'd largely expect of him. This of course does not make him town in any way, and I'll be expecting his content to pick up on future days as he gains confidence working with the game and more of an idea what's going on. [Short version: Null due to lack of information. Further lack of posting will be seen as scummy]

- Zatch said kick in the teeth required if post count does not steadily rise. Dunno if I should allow more time for that but I'm seeing only a few posts and a reasonable amount of fluff. Vote justifications are above board (but just barely), but I'd like to see more from Zatch before D1 closes. Not actually reading this as too scummy (to my surprise as much as anyone's), the posts seem consistent with someone who's not paying THAT much attention. They're like the lite edition of passable town content. The self-deprecating "man I'm so scummy" weirds me out though. Zatch lynch would be acceptable if there weren't better targets, but there are so that sits for now. [Short version: Not scummy enough to pursue, but scummy enough to watch]

- Coldblooded started off the non-random votes, going after Chris for nonchalantly placing the third vote on Pala. Reasonable and a good way to end RVS, very much worth noting if Chris flips scum (Coldblooded is likely town in this case), Chris flipping town instead isn't really a point against though (getting out of RVS is tricky and that was as good a reason as any). Hops onto Terra admitting to "blindly following Acio", which worries me but a lot less since he DID take the initiative with Chris. [Short version: Weak-to-moderate townread, subject to continued initiative in the future]

- Acio is doing his usual "low content, high impact" playstyle, which I've seen from town!Acio twice before. This doesn't necessarily mean following him blindly is the best option, but it's worth a bit of credit in my opinion. Especially as he's very much making things happen. [Short version: Probably a major town player]

- Speedchuck actually has a bunch of fluffposts and less content than I was expecting. Chimes in on existing stuff with one-liners a fair bit, stays out of the serious voting. This actually worries me. Has done nothing explicitly scummy...but then he didn't in Credithunt either. Even without the meta I'm pretty unhappy with Chuck today. Does claim to have been lagging behind and hops on Goomba, which I believe is to his credit, but town!Goomba would make Speedchuck look very bad indeed. [Short version: Relatively scummy, very scummy if Goomba turns out to be town]

- Palamedes...similar to Acio, but that's not the play I've seen from Pala in the past, but the play I've seen from Pala has been all scum!Pala! I'm leaving Palamedes right alone for now, I don't believe I have the tools to do a good assessment here.

- ChrisClark claims to be a regular human person, but is clearly a fox. Lynch immediately.
More seriously, can be read as panicked scum or panicked town. I'm inclined to read as panicked town for the time being, as being in that first bandwagon space D1 is one of the hardest things to deal with in my opinion (there's very little actual content to refer to, so you're largely just hoping someone puts their foot in their mouth when hopping on your bandwagon). Chris kinda dropped off the radar after the wagon dissipated, which is disappointing but understandable from a "panicked newbie" perspective (regardless of alignment). I'd put Chris in a similar basket with mM, expecting a bit more participation in the later stages. [Short version: Weak townread, subject to further participation]

- yappy111 be hanging back and observing. Tried and true newish player D1 tactic, nothing much to see here, standard "contribute more once the game gets going" rider.

- icanhasdonut has met the minimum requirements for productive town...seems unsure about D1 which is reasonable. Hops on Zatch for reasons I can agree with in #127, although I wouldn't take them so far as to lynch vote there. Getting decent town vibes, but since donut hasn't done ALL that much that's subject to change very fast if he acts scummy.

- Goomba has seemed relatively combative, like he's channeling Visceral or something. I don't like this happening in the early stages as it distracts from a lot of other stuff. His actual content has been fine by and large, so it's PROBABLY just playstyle, but I don't remember him being like this in other games so it sets off a bit of a red flag.

- pE's primary offense is leaving a solitary vote parked on me that's honestly not doing much. Miscellaneous fluffiness is something of a hallmark of pE and thus says nothing one way or the other, especially as there is actual content in amongst it...but the vote thing is pretty dodgy and I don't know what he was expecting to achieve with it. [Short version: On my watchlist, needs to do something useful with that vote]

- Callistic has been playing a pretty level-headed game, bolder than most of the other newish players and well-reasoned. Kind of reminds me of me without the horrible stream of consciousness walls of text. If Callistic is scum this is a VERY convincing impression. Surprisingly strong townread here.

- Garuru has been making well-reasoned posts and is poking at Zatch, which I support (but not quite enough to abandon Acio just yet). Interestingly I'd like more content from Garu not because there's not enough but because I think that it would be particularly valuable to town. Not a HUGE fan of the unvoting (especially as he was giving me trouble for votes before!), but I can understand the motivations behind it and it's a whole different ball game to my "park vote somewhere useless and defend it" schtick. [Short version: Null leaning town, producing good content but kind of weird in other respects]

Everyone who I didn't comment on gets a blanket "needs to contribute more". I'm not picking up as much scumminess as I'd expect from 3~4 active scum players, so we might need to take action to get the lurkers talking in the later days. Going after the active scummies is fine for now though.
02-03-2015, 11:16 PM
Oh goddamnit, my internet got hit by lightning and suddenly i was the scum?
Also, i'm that guy who random-lynch when there's no evidence.

I am but a sheet of paper
02-03-2015, 11:25 PM
unvote
02-04-2015, 12:34 AM
Unvote
Let's get that random out of the way now . . .
02-04-2015, 12:53 AM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2015 12:55 AM by Terrabalt.)
Okay, okay.
Unvote
Also, i am a noob at this "Forum-mafia" type of games; I know some of the rules from Town of Salem

I am but a sheet of paper
02-04-2015, 01:48 AM
(02-03-2015 04:17 PM)Acionyx Wrote:  Do you think terra is town? I'll be clear about this since it's a pet peeve in these games: "easy" does not equal "town". Also, "hasn't done anything scummy" does not equal "towny" especially when hasn't done anything at all is an apt descriptor
Not necessarily. I don't really have anything strong against or for Terra. I suppose Goomba's alignment might depend on that, but we're dealing with limited info here, and I want to press Goomba a bit.

(02-03-2015 04:31 PM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  Kiven: Hmm...that does seem fair enough, and it's probably the best reasoning I've seen for a lynch so far. I'll look further into Goomba myself.
I'm just going to assume I am Kiven at this point. Yes, I am the Mod. I also find it funny that you said I was scum immediately after this, but whatevs.
02-04-2015, 01:49 AM
Okay, uh, I have class now but I'll post stuff afterwards

Completely forgot that I said I'd explain my Goomba vote, will do that. (Also I'm more than happy keeping it on him, and think the Terrabalt lynch was and is a bad idea.)
02-04-2015, 02:59 AM
(02-03-2015 11:16 PM)Terrabalt Wrote:  Oh goddamnit, my internet got hit by lightning and suddenly i was the scum?
Also, i'm that guy who random-lynch when there's no evidence.

Okay, so who do you think we should be lynching today then? The only things you've done all day are throw down a random vote for Chris and then complain about getting voted.

Terrabalt wagon update: I had kind of a knee-jerk bad feeling when Goomba and Zatch jumped up onto their wagon last night, but the fact that nobody else joined it afterwards combined with Terrabalt's half-hearted emotional plea type posts today makes me think that there's actually a pretty good chance that this wagon is the correct one. Vote stays.

Tumblr/Steam
02-04-2015, 03:43 AM
Things on that:

Option 1: Yeah Terrabalt is scum.
Option 2: Goomba and Zatch and dC (and you) are town and everyone is just waiting for more people to jump on so they can be rightfully crucified.
Option 3: Goomba, Zatch, dC, and/or you are scum and more scum doesn't want to jump on because of option 2 and also how easily they'll all be identified.

Acio, I assume that your townreads on Goomba/Zatch/CC13 are all actual reads and not role stuff?

yappy is someone I would not mind lynching can we look there instead? Like come on do you seriously have nothing to contribute guy?
02-04-2015, 03:55 AM
(02-04-2015 03:43 AM)Palamedes Wrote:  Things on that:

Option 1: Yeah Terrabalt is scum.
Option 2: Goomba and Zatch and dC (and you) are town and everyone is just waiting for more people to jump on so they can be rightfully crucified.
Option 3: Goomba, Zatch, dC, and/or you are scum and more scum doesn't want to jump on because of option 2 and also how easily they'll all be identified.

Acio, I assume that your townreads on Goomba/Zatch/CC13 are all actual reads and not role stuff?

yappy is someone I would not mind lynching can we look there instead? Like come on do you seriously have nothing to contribute guy?

Yes.

Also what's your read on terrabalt's reaction and why is yappy preferable?
02-04-2015, 04:04 AM
Hmyeah ain't gonna be subtle about this one:

Pala's reaction to the terrabalt lynch has been red-flaggy

His response was "oh I think this lynch is bad I'm not getting involved" and hereafter he's prodding me like he's looking for landmines

Specifically that last question wrt "reads or role" reads as fishing for whether or not he's capable of fighting me on this. And the optionslist in there is useless fluff (examining options is a legit thing but there's no analysis of where they lead or which one he believes in)
02-04-2015, 04:05 AM
Less red-flaggy but still kind of strange overall:

What does anyone think of callistic?
02-04-2015, 04:17 AM
Honestly, not really at all. I look at all that's been said and I can't see what else I could add. You guys are throwing things left and right and I can't form coherent thoughts of my own.

But hey with that here's some of my thoughts I suppose!

I feel like Terrabalt lynch was formed rather haphazardly by people following Acio, being that his coasting was from a Random Vote, so following that logic I'm kinda missing why he seems scum if he's coasting on something he started? I would understand it better if he joined the Bandwagon but as it it is now, I'm not seeing it. I suppose I'd scrutinize those that joined that wagon, I don't have much else to say about that right now.

I think that with Callistic, she's been doing a better job at me in playing the game than me! Her posts make sense, and she's not acting in scummy ways so I'd say she's Town. At least, she looks like Town to me.
Err, what's strange about Callistic, Acoinyx?

I'd also like to say that with regards to you Acionyx, I don't know what to think about you either. I feel like you're leading the hunt around by it's nose right now and I'm of two minds with that, being that if you're Town then Yay!, things are looking good but if you're scum then things would be far less Yay.
(This isn't saying that I think you're scum, it's moreso that I'm unsettled at how the Terrabalt Wagon formed under your prodding. Then with Callistic. Of course I may just be off my rocker with these but hey, that's what I think.)
02-04-2015, 04:28 AM
Quote:I feel like Terrabalt lynch was formed rather haphazardly by people following Acio, being that his coasting was from a Random Vote, so following that logic I'm kinda missing why he seems scum if he's coasting on something he started? I would understand it better if he joined the Bandwagon but as it it is now, I'm not seeing it. I suppose I'd scrutinize those that joined that wagon, I don't have much else to say about that right now.

Having a vote on a lynch != starting the lynch. Scum don't like to actually participate in lynches but they do like them to happen so they'll sit on them when other people do things. Additionally the day progressed and terrabalt showed up later with zero comment on what had happened which includes his opinion on whether the chris lynch was good or bad.

WRT Callistic that's what I'm trying to figure out
02-04-2015, 04:32 AM
Currently rereading stuff, but here's the reasoning behind my vote for Goomba: Tonal shift b/w 128 and 140 (goes from aggressive attack on Coldblooded into objective "explanation" of the situation,) multiple attempts at defending chris ("he's a newbie! Sure that means nothing, but I'm still going to use it as a defense!" and then "town gets nothing out of his lynch" and "he can't possibly look better now, it's so early on,") appeal to meta ("This happened in DHI, therefore it's the same thing. Ignore that the reason it happened in DHI is because the guy looked like scum.)

That made me think "informed town" or "scumbuddies", and the first one is easy to fake for scum (I've done it to APW, IIRC.)

Looking back, I may have over-reacted based on my own biases: you very rarely see hyper-defensiveness this early on. So my thoughts end thus: If chris is scum, Goomba probably is as well, and the converse is true to a lesser extent. Now, that's mostly relevant in a "perfect world" and I'm paranoid that my own meta-reasoning is poisoning my ability to think things through well. The problem with my scenario is that I can't really read Chris, and my gut is saying that he's town just based on the nature of his flavor posts.

So yeah, I want one of those 2 dead, but it's not really an immediate issue? And I think I want goomba dead more, since he's the one initiating the connection b/w the two of them. The hyper-defensiveness seems like something new-scum might do if they panic a bit re: lucky guesses on a lynch target.

Anyway, that's what went through my head regarding goomba, I'll post more later today, since I have stuff I need to so
02-04-2015, 04:33 AM
EBWOP: Also don't like Callistic, seems like she(?)'s just going with the flow from what I got from earlier skimming

this opinion is highly subject to change