Lords of Darkness - The Ashes of Dusk
07-23-2014, 08:01 AM (This post was last modified: 08-01-2014 12:39 PM by Galloglasses.)
Lords of Darkness - The Ashes of Dusk
Back by popular demand

[Image: LoDreturn.png]

You awake with a start from your slumber.

The familiar stars hang in the sky and the moon's gentle caressing light baths your skin with a mockery of the allure of life as you rise to meet the night.

The nations of men have grown small, fractious and weak. Its people superstitious and ignorant, unable to recall the histories of its past nor speculate on the future.

Too preoccupied as they are with surviving the night and teaching their children to fear what lurks in the shadow, in a vain attempt to keep them safe from the unknown.

The ignorant clasp at their superstitious fetishes in fear of you and the wise proclaim you do not exist and none are aware of your coming.

Perfect.

This is a game where you are the only surviving member of a vampire bloodline, something has occurred that has woken you all from your long slumber and you congregate near a site of unholy essence. Who you are, what your bloodline is capable of and how long you have been in slumber is up to you but comes with consequences.

At gamestart I will be accepting six players to create their vampiric bloodlines, but after that I will be opening up shell character applications in much the same fashion Crown does. Signing up as a later character prevents you from creating your own unique bloodline but allows you to play as any other sort of character you wish except a king or a lord, that you need to earn on your own, but you can play a character who has claims to landed titles. You can of course claim to be a vampire character from an established bloodline, but I reserve the right to stop you from doing such if I have good reason to, such as the player who started said bloodline has yet to Sire another vampire.

It needs to be said the older your individual vampire is, the more foggy and cloudy his or her memory becomes and they may misremember their past entirely. Age, however, brings no additional power.

NATURE OF THE GAME
You will be roleplaying your individual character at all times. At gamestart you will meet with your fellow vampiric lords at the unholy site, what your character has to his name by then depends on what you say your character has done between the time he has woken up and the time he was drawn to this place. Where you go from there depends entirely upon your actions and the consequences thereof can and most likely will affect other people, players or otherwise.

You can go about conquering lands ruling as a lord or stay in the shadows and manipulate events to your character's liking. You can cooperate or you can betray those who you call fair weather friends. Consequence is the name of the game.

Time and communication:
The map is measured and timescales will be flexible and thread updates will occur at season changes. When a number of players are together roleplay posting will generally take place in the thread itself, but the majority of interaction will take place via private messaging once the initial meeting is over. When the game slows down when characters have finished their goals I will timeskip the game forward a number of years until the next 'interesting' thing happens.

Don't fear the reaper:
When you die, assuming you do of course, you do not automatically play your heir to your holdings if you have any but can play as the heir of someone else's or a new character entirely.

A note on magic:
Your character is obviously supernatural, but when you waken, you will have no background knowledge of magic outside of vampiredom.

A corollary to this, magic obviously has some grounding in fact in this world by your very existence, and while you may play a bloodline with inherent magical ability, this does not translate into knowing any actual training or spells. The same goes for non-vampire characters.

I am lessening the restrictions on magic this time around to make it more accessible to player characters, also to give the non-vampires a fighting chance, particularly if their straight up muggle humans with nothing weird about them at all. You just cannot start off the game with magical knowledge or abilities outside of your inherent powers and abilities. Gamey I know, but its for balance purposes. This restriction will be lessened over time when magic becomes more prevalent in the world thanks to player shenanigans.

Similarly the cultural stigma against magic is lessened for the sake of balance. The world is largely ignorant and superstitious (because that's fun as hell) and the educated and pious still think magic does not exist, even though the major religious and social institutions do not condemn it. (Essentially in this world's bible, non-holy people used magic and God didn't seem to mind one way or the other on the issue, only how it was used determined good from evil)

An exception occurs in the case of faith powers, or artefacts, which are granted/allowed by the GM on a case by case basis. Do not seek to exploit this.

======

VAMPIRIC CLAN FOUNDER APP

Applications are closed for founders.
Name: What is your name?
Appearance: What do you look like?
Seal: Your coat of arms, as a vampire you certainly believe you earned the right to nobility regardless of your mortal life.
History: Where what who how and why?
Bloodline: What are the notable characteristics of your bloodline? How does it effect you and the ones around you? Does it give you anything unique? Are you more attuned to nature, or are you a master of obfuscation?
Siring: How does your bloodline go about making fellow vampires? Generally speaking, you do not turn a mortal into a vampire merely by draining them, a positive action needs to be taken.
Curse: As a rule of thumb, the more powerful you make your vampire, the more powerful and debilitating your bloodline's unique and individual curse is. There is no such thing as an uncursed bloodline.

In addition to the powers and curses you may add to your unique bloodline there are several universal powers and curses that affect all vampires. These cannot be eradicated even by magical means, but some may be circumvented.

Curses:
The Curse of Sol - Sunlight will kill you, once exposed you have a short time before you burst into flame to find cover. It is possible to travel in daylight if your character takes appropriate measures to cover himself.
The Curse of Promethius - You skin is like dried papyrus and fire will fucking murder you. A candle is basically a live hand grenade to you.
The Curse of Narcissus - You cast no reflection. Not even on water.
The Curse of Dionysus - Your character cannot imbibe alcohol or consume narcotics and have an effect, nor can you eat food without being forced to vomit it up at a later time. However, you can drink the blood of a mortal so affected and get these desired effects yourself. Comes with a silver lining, this also applies to poisons.
The Hunger - You must consume the blood of the living. Generally, if your vampire does nothing, he only needs to survive on the blood of one adult male men per week, but this fluctuates depending on how much action he or she gets up to and its the only curse that is directly affected by the curses of an individual bloodline, but it can never be lowered beyond this bare minimum. If you get too hungry you will go feral and have no control over your actions for a certain time.
Rigor Mortis - While it cannot kill you, being stabbed in the heart will paralyze you. Your body will in time, reject or break the object but depending on what it is, this can be problematic. An arrow or crossbow bolt will snap in time and be pushed out easier, a stake will take quite some time to remove, a metal pole will probably keep in you place for the length of time it takes for someone to take it out... or for the pole to rust away.
Curse of Brigid - Vampires are infertile, except in extraordinarily rare, specific and weird circumstances. If you wish to perform anyway, for whatever reason, you'd need to dedicate blood to the act.

Powers:
Stare of the master - A vampire may temporarily dominate weak minded mortals by use of this power.
Thrall - A vampire can, through the ritual of having a mortal drink his blood a number of times, pyschologically bend a mortal to his or her will by an addictive need for his blood and an all consuming desire to fulfil their master's wishes.
Immortality - You can, barring misfortune or malice, live forever.
Night Sight - Even utter darkness cannot blind your sight.
Nocturnal Mercy - Wounds will heal and close over in time, faster if you dedicate your blood to the task. However, if limbs are lost, they're lost for good.

How often do I need to feed?
A generic vampire requires one adult human's worth of blood a week to avoid starving and going feral, (going feral means I take control of your character and start rolling dice), blood is mystical and the quality of the blood matters as much as the amount: A generic noble is both more delicious and nutritious than a peasant, meaning you'd need to drain less from a noble than normal to sate yourself, and a pious, healthy peasant, who is intelligent though uneducated is better than unhealthy, educated fop of a noble. Your choice really. Generally, the more powerful you make your character, the more I am going to encourage you to need to feed.

The blood of animals, however, can sate your curse, but you'd need to drink alot in a week for it to be equitable to a generic human's worth.

======

VAMPIRE CHILDER SIGN UP APPLICATION
THIS IS NOT RELEVANT UNTIL VAMPIRES START SIRING OTHER VAMPIRES
Seal: Your coat of arms, as a vampire you certainly believe you earned the right to nobility regardless of your mortal life. Your coat does not need to be your sire's coat, in fact it is encouraged you have your own.
History: Where what who how and why?
Bloodline: Which of the bloodlines do you wish to become? Once chosen, list your powers here.

Alternatively, if you do not wish to play a vampire and instead wish to play as something else, that is fine too

=======

NON-VAMPIRE SIGN UP
Seal: Your coat of arms, if applicable. Generally you can be anything except an independent ruler at game start, it is encouraged you start off landless even if you are a prince of some sort.
History: Who what where and why?
Nature: Human??? This is where, if applicable you put any of your character's oddities and abilities, such as having tremendous faith to the point of being miraculous in some respects.
Start: Where would you like to start? This can be vague or specific, I am more than willing to cater to make your stories interesting so I am giving some leeway in the type of place and circumstance you wish to start in.

For non-vampiric characters (pretty much anything else), sibilant whispers pervade the wooded dark, and the paranoia and superstition the world is wrecked in terror of the dark. Will you bring light to this world or use the shadows to advance your own agenda?

General rule of thumb for non-vamp shell characters: You cannot be some cthuloid abomination who would cause an entire city to tear you apart at the mere sight of you, as an example. Alternatively, being a werewolf is fine. The same rule of magic applies here, you don't know jack, but you may or may not know it actually exists, and powers you may or may not have have to be something inherent to your nature.

Non-vamps aren't allowed to have a shitton of powers, upside? You don't necessarily need to have curses AT ALL, but it is encouraged for flavor and making an interesting character. The prologue's ending resulted in interesting things becoming more virulent and common but still pretty rare and the subject of myth to the vast majority of the population. How much your character knows about the world and magic is subject to GM discretion.

Non vampires do not start off until the prologue scene is finished with the vampires being derpy, so you have plenty of time to make an app so don't feel rushed.

======

NOTE ON DARKNESS

This is, by its very nature, a very dark game and one should expect that going in especially given the freedom of action players have. As a result I must warn people that if they are uncomfortable or unsure about something, I want you to bring it to my attention immediately. Similarly, if you're posting a vampire clan that is.... extremely fucking questionable, don't be surprised if I turn it down.

======

Try not to suck.

07-23-2014, 10:29 AM (This post was last modified: 07-30-2014 02:10 AM by Bramzter.)
RE: Lords of Darkness - The Ashes of Dusk
Name: Alexi II 'Dumurzid' Von Brandenburg
Appearance:
[Image: young_baron_alexander_of_brennenburg_by_...4tx1o3.png]
Seal: An overflowing cup with a rose underneath
History: The Brandenburg family has held a small barony since its conception, its orgins shrouded in mystery but its history famed for its catering to pleasure, greed and excess...Parties were hosted freqeuntly, an invetation was a sign of exclusivity... These gala's were a place were each invitee could sate its deepest and darkest urges, discreetion was their garuntee and their guests activity would only be speculated upon by unfounded rumors and heresay.. The prestige alone from attending to such a party was its greatest appeal to the nobility..Yet the church did not share the same opinions, The hedonism and rumors surrounding the family did not go well among the devout members of the clergy and began calling for bans on the gala's and sanctions on Alexi I. The elder and leader of the Brandenburg family.

This is were things got muddy in the records..but it was rumored that Alexi I was a heretic in some sort of hedonistic cult and that he called upon its deity enraged by the actions of the church and traded his and his dynasty's souls away for power beyond the realms of men..Whatever happened, Alexi I kept defying the orders of the church.. and the Clergy used those rumors against him to assemble a mob of devout agents to arrest and trial Alexi I for heresy.. No one knows what happened that night but there was a large disappearance of nobles and clergy attackers and the Brandenburg's name faded to relative obscurity and Alexi I was never heard from again..

Now certain nobles recieved letters from a certain Alexi II von Brandenburg

Bloodline: The bloodline of the Brandenburg has attracted a lifestyle of socialites, hedonism and excess. They always knew how to influence other peoples opinions of them and seemed to give others a urge to be around them. No feast, event or happening would take place without atleast one brennenburg in atendance, They are born socialites..knowing full and well the dark urges of the noble decorum...
(Basically they have boosts to thrall making,intrigue and attract people to be around them, They also have heightened senses making them quite deadly when hunted by them)

Siring:. Due to their curse their siring proces is a rather long process, a suitable heir to the bloodline should be a pleasure seeker and has to be brought to unleash their darkest urges for the simple desire of comfort, When ready the innitate is brought before an artifact and drink the blood within it, gained form the persons 'used' to get there, like lustfull lovers, Victims of implements of fear. After that they wil become one with the goddess of excess herself for just a moment and join her kin..if their souls aren't devoured instantly..

Curse: Curse of Vitae - This bloodline is cursed with a maddening urge for pleasure in all it incarnations, If not sated this can cause a variety of symptoms ranging from physcotic madness to deadly depression. Even worse pleasure recieved from a thing will gradually reduce per times used, driving the afflicted to get more and more extreme in their search for it... Fortunately this thirst canbe sated with hobbies which evolve in their more extreme and radical versions over time of course..
Curse of Slaaneshi - The Bloodline's souls are bound and sold to their god of pleasure, she whispers in their minds and fill them with a creeping numbing cold as their souls become ever closer to her grasp, The afflicted must indulge themselves to starve it off and please their deity by other means by using other's souls, emotions and bodies to sate her endless thirst..
Curse of Alexi - Any Vampire of the bloodline has the name Alexi (or Alexa if female) [Number] von Brandenburg, This was because Alexi I was quite the narcisist douchebag.. Many sired vampires choose a second name but are still stuck with Alexi/Alexa as first name
07-23-2014, 10:31 AM (This post was last modified: 07-27-2014 07:00 PM by Raptarion.)
Name: Otieno Duval
Appearance: A 6'6 tall bald man with dark skin. He wears a necklace of human finger bones, which are hidden under his fancy green clothing.
Seal: A stag's head, under the sun. It holds some meaning, but that meaning has been lost.
History:
"Vous ne gagnerez pas. Vous pouvez avoir vos mains noires. Mais le saint protecteur est plus qu'un match pour eux." He said

The sound of screams and clashing blades form the backdrop for their conversation. Outside the buildings are burning, illuminating the room, and casting eerie shadows. The bells of the cathedral still ring in the distance. But it is hard to imagine anyone in the city who is still asleep in this chaos. Save for the sleep of death.

"Peut-être vous avez raison. Je ne m'attendais pas qu'ils soient si bien préparés. J'aurais offre mon temps, attendu pour attaquer jusqu'à ce que nous avions plus de numéros. Mais quand je l'avais entendu dire que vous étiez en train de devenir suspect, et suggère la prudence aux membres du clergé et les autres nobles, j'ai dû déplacer mes plans ainsi plus vite que je l'avais voulu. Je dois dire en passant que je suis très mal quand j'ai reçu des nouvelles de votre calomnie." She said.

The woman paced around the salt. The barrier between him and her. Even now she walked with grace. Even now he couldn't help but find her beautiful. Her dress stained with blood as it was, from god knows who. But he knew that she was dangerous. That she wanted him dead. No amount of beauty or grace could distract him from that.

"Qu'est-ce que vous espérez accomplir ici? Vous réduisez notre ville en cendres. Vous tuez des innocents. Et pour quoi?" He asked.

"Pourquoi Otieno. Vous parlez comme si un vampire a besoin d'une raison de faire des choses terribles. Je crois que vous avez dit que les vampires sont des monstres, qui commettent le mal simplement pour le plaisir de celui-ci." She said.

"Vous n'êtes pas monstre aveugle. J'ai vu que pour moi-même au cours de ces derniers mois. Vous êtes pas du genre à agir sans raison. Alors qu'est-ce que c'est? J'exige de savoir." He said.

"Vous exigez de savoir? Comment pittoresque. Vous vous croyez capable de faire des demandes de moi. Vous pensez que je suis un de tes serviteurs qui doit faire ce que vous dites? Vous ferez pas de demandes de moi." She said.

"Nous avons ensuite je te supplions me dire pourquoi." He said.

"Vous pouvez être plus humble que cela." She said.

"Je vous demande de me le dire." He said.

"Inférieur à celui." She said.

"... je vous en prie." He said.

"Ha! Non, je ne vais pas vous dire. Pour vous m'avez trahi. Et brisé mon cœur." She said.

"Pour que vous dites avec une telle conviction trahit peu que vous mentez." He said.

"Je ne mens pas que tu as brisé mon cœur. Je suis tout simplement habitué. Beaucoup d'autres ont brisé mon cœur. Même avant qu'il a cessé de battre, j'étais pas étranger à elle. Je suis engourdi. Mais que ta trahison ne me blesse pas, ne veut pas dire mon cœur n'est pas brisé." She said.

"Pourquoi vous vous attardez-vous ici? Si vous ne dirigera votre armée vers votre but foncé, quel qu'il soit?" He said.

"Comme je l'ai dit. Tu as brisé mon cœur. Je suis ici pour vous tuer, si l'occasion se présente. Il me ferait déception d'entendre que vous aviez mort aux mains d'une autre ce soir." She said.

"Et maintenant, nous nous asseyons à une impasse. Vous ne pouvez pas passer le sel. Et je ne peux pas partir." He said.

"Il est une telle honte n'est-ce pas? Nous aurions pu être ensemble. Mais vous avez décidé de vous allier avec l'écume qui mène de l'église. La vermine qui est la noblesse. Le tyran qui est votre roi. Après tout, vous aviez dit dans le mépris de tous, je ne m'attendais pas à vous joindre à eux." She said.

"Mieux que l'alliance avec un monstre." He said.

"Vos paroles sont si dures. Mais ils hésitent. Vous avez des doutes? Peut-être que vous pensez qu'il aurait été préférable à l'autre avec moi après tout." She said.

He remains silent. The have stopped ringing. The sounds of screaming and blades have moved elsewhere. The woman speaks again.

"Il n'est pas trop tard. Tout ce que vous devez faire est de prouver votre engagement." She said.

"Comment?" He asked.

She tosses a dagger into the ring of salt. It lands at his feet.

"Colorer le sel avec le sang. Et laisse-moi entrer."

His eyes open. He looks around at the room. Religious seals and artifacts. Most of them all but destroyed by time. The chains have all but rusted away. The stake driven into his heart no longer there. He stumbles out of the crypt. It has been far far too long. Had their efforts worked? He doesn't even remember what they were trying to accomplish. He had lost his purpose. It had been stolen by time. Just like the seals, and the chains, and the stake.

He would simply need to find a new purpose.

Bloodline: Dens of Death - The Duval clan is physically empowered by death. When near corpses, they are strengthened. This power is increased by the amount of time the corpses have been there, and if they were arranged ceremoniously. Forgotten corpses do not give as much power, to the point of being useless. A battlefield where 10,000 men died does nothing if the battle has been lost to history. Certain religious ceremonies may also decrease the power given. So even though a graveyard should be a powerhouse of dead energy, it may end up giving almost nothing. The Duval clan can create their own dens of death by filling it with ceremoniously placed corpses. These dens tend to have a greater range than normal.
Voodoo Proficiency - If any magic is considered bad by its very nature it is Voodoo. The Duval are naturally proficient with Voodoo. This branch of magic is characterized by the use of charms. These charms are most commonly made from or include human and/or animal remains. Typically bones.
Siring: One must be in a circle of salt. They must then pour their own blood over the salt and have their blood drained.
Curse: Curse of Achilles - They are physically weaker when not near corpses. This can be countered somewhat with trinkets such as bone necklaces. But such trinkets are never quite enough to bring them to normal strength.
Curse of Salacia - They can not cross over pure salt. It just isn't possible. Salt in an area can weaken them, and someone in a circle of salt may as well be miles away from them. Salt water, or salt that has had blood or wine, or anything else to make it impure poured on it, does not stop them. It also weakens them less than normal, or even not at all.
07-24-2014, 02:44 AM (This post was last modified: 07-26-2014 02:39 PM by Vancho1.)
Going to be working on this in the rare moments of internet I have during my trip. Probably, I'll be able to do some every night since there are no more two-day hikes planned (and hopefully no more sleeping in a tent).

Name: Diana Hecatas

Appearance: Diana appears to be an ephemerally pale beauty, with ivory skin and silvery hair. She is fond of wearing black dresses, and her lips are a bright red hue, contrasting with her skin. Her eyes betray her other-than-human nature, shining like quicksilver with a color not found in mortals.

Seal: Sable, a full moon argent, a drop gules.

History: The Moon Goddess is dead, and has long been so. This is the core tenet of the Cult of the Moon, which met in secret with one goal - to bring their deity back into this world. The white sphere which shines in the sky is merely her corpse, left as a grim reminder of those who work in secret against the other gods. For the Moon Goddess gave man secrets and mystery, and made mortals seek creativity and beauty. For her insurrection, she was lanced with spears of her own light and left to die.

Diana was the High Priestess of this cult long ago, meeting secretly under the light of the full moon with her coven and conducting rituals to determine how to resurrect the moon. The group did not conduct sacrifice, like some of the more unpleasant cults, nor did it fight against authority, but the secret power of the moon which still remained in the world was enough for them to be feared as witches and warlocks. For every remedy they produced, and every spell of healing meant to work towards bringing back their goddess, rumors surfaced of curses and worse. The peasants were fearful, and in their ignorance and hatred they lashed out.

Diana was conducting a ritual to bless the coven's members with health and luck for the new year. The Lunar New Year's ritual was the most important of them all, so the entire cult was in attendance. It was at the height of this ritual that the soldiers came, with swords and torches. They were hired men, little more than brigands, but they had been told horrible rumors about the cult's rituals. When they witnessed the ceremony, they feared a curse, and charged in, attacking the helpless worshippers.

They were cut down in moments. None of them were fighters, and their ritual garments and instruments served little to protect them from the experienced men before them. Diana was suddenly alone, surrounded by hostile and fearful mercenaries. She was pierced through the heart with a spear, and left to die as the soldiers escaped, satisfied their work was done.

With her last breaths, Diana prayed. And the Moon Goddess answered. She could not bring Diana back to life - that was beyond the meager power of the fragmented goddess they worshipped, but she did have the power to change Diana. And so, lying in the blood of her coven, Diana was given her goddess's blessing, and changed forever. A new vampire clan was born.

Bloodline:

Moon's Beauty: Members of the Hecatas clan appear to glow with a faint light, and appear beautiful to mortals. When in moonlight, they can supernaturally seduce mortals to serve them temporarily.

Shadowmeld: When in a shadow (Not just darkness, but a cast shadow), the Hecatas vampires become nearly invisible. An experienced vampire can even jump between nearby shadows.

Weapons of Light: A Hecatas vampire can form weapons from moonlight, which damage the unnatural especially, but the mundane with difficulty.

Siring: A new member must be inducted into the Cult of the Moon Goddess under the full moon, and then must drink of pure water with a drop of a vampire's blood in the moonlight.

Curses:

Wax and Wane: The powers of the Hecatas clan grow weaker and stronger with the phases of the moon.

Silver's Touch: As remnants of the weapons which killed the Moon Goddess, silver will burn a Hecatas vampire. A silver stake through the heart can kill, though a powerful vampire will only be killed on the night of the new moon, when weakest.

The one, the only, Vancho!
07-24-2014, 07:16 AM (This post was last modified: 07-31-2014 02:32 PM by Pagan.)
Name: Saxus the Round (Clan Glutton)
Appearance: A short and round nobleman, appearing in his late 20's, if not for his long, ice white, hair. His eyes and skin share the hue of his hair. His clothes are primarily blue with white blouses and golden trimmings.
Seal: A drop of blood, above a chalice, above a cornucopia, wreathed in ivy
History: Many years ago, although it seems very few to Saxus, the world was suffering from a horrible famine of unknown causes, starving even the highest of kings. In this time of darkness, Saxus relinquished little, forcing taxes on the poor so he might hold feasts for himself. As food vanished, he still hungered, and one calm evening, ordered the gathering of the fattest men from the village. Thrown into a dungeon for the night, the men were disoriented from their sudden seizure, and were only given rations of wine, before being led out to a warm room, blindfolded and drunk. The fastest and drunkest of the three was inspected for blemishes, before being led back to the dungeon, the other two were butchered and prepared as a meal for the remaining "victim", who enjoyed it thoroughly. The next night, he was butchered too, and as Saxus ate, he became more and more ravenous, eventually catching a hunk of meat in his throat and slowly suffocating, his servants watching in a mix of horror and relief. It faded to black, but a fair woman stood inside his vision, offering him eternal life, in exchange to a dedication to the most succulent of prey. Several weeks later, he awoke in a daze, lying on a slab in the nude, and with an extreme hunger... Nay thirst. As he heard voices near, he waited in the darkness beside the entrance, and killed not only his brother and her wife, but the mortician as well. Taking the best of their clothes, and what little of his he could gather, he went out to his brother's manor, living off the servants who wandered on their lonesome, and once that source had exhausted, he began emptying the wine cellar of all that looked even vaguely of blood. For years, a diet of wine and unaware peasants have fed Saxus.
Bloodline:
Sin's Contagion: On direct contact with the blood of a Glutton, the Curse of Adephagia is bestowed for 2 days, or until the blood is washed off, whichever is longer. This can be passed even to non-vampires, although they remain unaware that blood will cure The Hunger, and will instead fill themselves with food, never being sated.
Beelzebub's Conference: When sufficiently fed, a Glutton can change into the form of smoke and flies, taking all their clothing with them, and can move through the sky at a running pace, until in the line of site of a mortal, at which point their form will slowly appear as it floats downwards.
A Drunkard's Lie: Red wine sates The Hunger, for the purpose of going feral, at one hour per pint. It still does not get you drunk at all. By luck, clothing worn by a Glutton can not be soiled by accident.
Siring: The victim must eat a slice of human flesh, and within one hour ingest any amount of vampiric blood. They will then sleep for 2 days, and awaken with extreme hunger, which must be sated within 36 hours, lest they go feral. Those who go feral in this way, do not come back to lucidity, remaining bestial until slain.
Curse:
Curse of Adephagia: Members of the Glutton Clan are cursed by insatiable hunger. Where others would be forced to feed at least once a week, they instead have to feed once or twice every other day, having only a 4 day period before they go feral. For every day without feeding, one additional adult human worth of blood must be imbibed. The fatter the person, the more well fed the person, the better it sates the thirst.
Curse of Astaroth: Every 4 weeks, a member of the Glutton Clan must rest for a period of 2 days. This does not interrupt feeding periods, and so will wake with a hunger of 3-5 adult human males.
Curse of Beelzebub: Once feral, the flesh of a Glutton will begin to fester with maggots and flies, the smell of decay heavy around them, betraying their presence.

Working Name: Anarkismo
07-24-2014, 08:29 AM (This post was last modified: 07-31-2014 12:30 PM by MQuinny1234.)
Name: Thespis

Appearance: A masked figure in dusty yet extravegant clothes. A wide-brimmed hat with a dull-red feather, a hooded cloak of ancient velvet. Black tights topped by a belt of red ribbon and leading down to tight, simple shoes of thin soles. He wears a patchwork silk shirt, coloured crimson, violet and cerulean, with a few silver buttons missing and a torn hole over his heart. His current mask is a simple one. White as paper and with a fixed expression of mirth. Golden eyes peer from behind it and a dirty blond fringe hangs over the top. After all that, gloves, as white as the mask and with the same amount of plainness.

Seal: The masks of Tragedy and Comedy.
History: It's cloudy. You seems to remember numeorus childhoods, numerous wives, an uncountable amount of smiling faces looking up at you, all of this is a dull roar in your mind as it rushes past, all leading up to the stage. A roaring crowd of familiar faces, the swell of emotion, the hunger of their cries as the tale is weaved on, the chant of voices crying out the name "Thespis!" The name you assume as your own which seems to fit in the mouths of faded loved ones.

You awake gasping under the moonlight, disturbed dirt upon the ground from the up-earthed grave full of ruined masks, broken props and part of a metal pole, one end warped strangely. You feel your flesh contort as you look to the sky, pain as your bones shift, nails shrink, white hair falls from your head as new locks grow through. Foul blood fills your mouth as teeth push up. You moan silently until your new body settles. Some time later shaking hands root through the coffin, snatch up two of the masks and then a figure flees the cemetary, a calling in his blood leading him helplessly onwards as he tries desperately to figure out who he is.

Bloodline: You seem to possess the ability to rapidly shift your form to any humanoid figure. Either to your own imagination and capibilities, or with a drop of blood, to become the identical twin of the donar, scars and blemishes and all.
And this is not the only thing you can emulate. As you drink, you may shift through, copy any, and even steal the more recent memories of your victim, granting you the tools to perfecting any persona.

Siring: It is a gruesome ceremony, each vampire of Thespis's clan, must shed their own face and, by any means, let it attach to the future member of the cast. If time is not an issue, you may simply wait for the flesh to quickly fasten, or you may give it a helping hand if you have a needle and thread handy.

Curse: As your hunger for blood increases, the stolen memories overwhelm your own and so the more ancient the vampire, the more dangerous the Hunger will be for it's sense of self. Your ability to control your form also fades, meaning the vampire could find itself with limbs of different lengths, different shades of skin and hair colour and eventually, fine motor control will also be lost as the mind get's overwhelmed. When dry, the vampire is crippled and freakish. A shaking, heaving body with no control over it's shape as the body changes back between all the forms of anyone who the vampire drunk from.

“One day you wake up and realize the world can be conquered.” - Doctor Impossible
07-24-2014, 10:55 PM (This post was last modified: 07-26-2014 04:54 PM by Sam B.)
Name: Caibel

Appearance: A diminutive, olive-skinned man of apparently west-asian origins. His hair is long, dark, and unkempt, and his eyes are a dull gray. Primitive tribal tattoos cover his body from the neck down and he wears little in the way of clothing, only a ragged waistcloth that may once have been a full robe in some long-forgotten era.

Seal: A stack of wheat above a flaming pyre.

History: A long, long time ago, specifically around the time when agriculture was mankind's greatest achievement, there lived a pair of young men; brothers. Each of the two brothers sought to please their Father by practicing this new science of cultivating life for the purpose of food. The elder chose to develop the already plentiful vegetation, while the younger took to raising the scattered beasts of the land.

For a time all was well, but it soon became apparent to the elder that his Father favored the younger brother for his tenacity and for the grand and bloody shows he put on each harvest, and thus the elder became consumed with envy. Taking his brother out to his field, the elder spoke with his sibling on their Father's favoritism, and became all the more disdainful of his brother with every word. The younger cared not for his Father's approval, he explained, but rather he enjoyed the gruesome task of slaughtering his livestock for reasons all his own. It excited him, he told his older brother in a hushed voice, and that excitement scared him as well.

By this point the elder was fed up with his brother's sick ramblings. He was younger and more foolish by far, the elder said to him, it was not right for their Father to love him more. At this outburst the younger became frightened of his brother, experiencing that familiar fear that came always before the kill. If he and Father loved the blood so much, the elder continued, then he would give them their fill of it. Then, with his own hands, the older brother killed his sibling. And the Earth itself did drink of his blood, as it had of his animal sacrifices before him, and began to quake with displeasure. It was then that the elder realized his folly, too late, as the shape of his brother rose from the ground and sank its teeth into his neck, cursing him with all the Earth's wrath, as his greed had cursed them both.

Thus ends the vague tale of Caibel's origin, as told by Caibel some many centuries ago. He is, even now, quite sure that one of the brothers in the story is none other than himself, though he cannot recall which one. When asked about the final fate of the other brother, his response is always the same: "I know not: Am I my brother's keeper?"

Bloodline: Imbued with the primeval essence of one of the most ancient vampires, the bloodline of Caibel is one of bestial strength and raw brutality. In other words, members of this clan possess exceptional physical prowess even by supernatural standards, as well as an overwhelming desire to use this power for violence. Their innate savagery and the manner of their siring also brings the Caibel much closer to their animal nature, granting them a sort of familiarity with lesser creatures that varies with each individual.

Siring: The Caibel siring ritual is a bit more complicated than most. First, an altar must be assembled, and loaded with a blood sacrifice. The species matters not, but the animals in question must be the first of their litter, every one, and they must provide at least 5 liters of combined blood. Once all the materials are ready, a subject may attempt the ritual along with their potential sire, specifically by trying to kill their potential sire. It is vital that the assault be genuine and life-threatening, for it is something in these violent final moments that grant a Caibel childer their strength. Inevitably the mortal subject will fall to the immortal, and must then be thrown before the altar so that the blood of the sacrifice (along with whatever they managed to draw from their sire) can be allowed to mingle with their own depleting fluids.

Curse: Curse of Gaia - Those of the Caibel bloodline are cursed by the Earth itself, for their very existence is a desecration upon it. Plants wither in their presence, the terrain and weather always seem to be disadvantageous to them, and unlike other vampires they are susceptible to naturally occurring poisons. Furthermore, a pervading feeling of unwelcomeness dominates all who share this affliction, subtly pushing them to spend their eternal "lives" as fugitives and vagabonds.
07-25-2014, 11:22 PM (This post was last modified: 07-25-2014 11:22 PM by hector212121.)
Name: Salthon Zazier
Appearance: Tall, would be handsome if not for the many slices across his face and occasional pair of puncture wounds, eerily similar to a bite wound. He has very carefully made a mixture of holy water and dyes and used it to tattoo crosses in several places, including both cheeks. A message to any bloodsucker that sees him--BEWARE.
Seal: A picture of a moon with a gauntleted fist in front of it.
History: Salthon grew up, crown prince in a land where vampires had all but taken over. They had not sired his family, rather, they used them as bloodbags and fed weekly from them. He fled to a monastery when he was 15, the only place in the kingdom that had not been taken, which harbored the one hope for his land. For several years he trained and helped foil several attempts at taking over his monastery. However, by the time his training was ended, it was too late to purge the kingdom. He fled instead, swearing a oath to God, a oath taken at face value, to prevent this from happening again if he possibly could.
Nature: Blessed--This is a human capable beyond others, capable of sanctifying water, blessing blades, and so forth. A vampire that has been subdued can be slain by force-feeding them holy water.

CURSE OF DREAMS:Every night is a nightmare, every night he sees exactly what's happening in his old kingdom… his father sired, his sister drained dry… everything that happened, he knows, and it drives him on like a hot brand, driving him to slay more vampires.
Start: Near some group of vampires, possibly near a actual gathering thereof. Not the PC vampires, that would be pure suicide.
07-26-2014, 06:06 AM
And then I mostly finished my app.

I'm taking some fluff from the old game where the this worlds equivalent of Latin is google translate french. So my history is kind of an annoying google translate French conversation.
07-26-2014, 02:35 PM
I may or may not end up joining this. Just popping in to say I've got an eye on it.

Punching people with the truth.
07-27-2014, 12:50 PM
Hey, Hector, I may not be the GM, but there's a problem with your app which might require some changes. Vampires don't exist anymore. What I mean to say is, apart from the player-characters who are just now awakening, vampires have been extinct for quite a while, and thus your character's backstory - living in a land controlled by vampires - is quite impossible unless your character is hundreds of years old, or has been in supernatural slumber until now. Might I suggest some revision? Perhaps your homeland is controlled by some dark cult, seeking to revive evils of days past?

07-27-2014, 02:35 PM
So I've decided that this would be a neat thing to join, finally, but there's just one problem.

I don't know what the problem is. There's something holding me back from joining up with this, and I just can't put my finger on it. It doesn't seem to be writer's block, since I've written other things today. Do I just not understand the concept at all? I dunno, but basically I'm just saying that I will definitely join whenever I figure out what's up. That said, would a merchant be an acceptable character? Like, someone who roams around and sel[/align]ls the goods he finds/trades for/steals.

07-27-2014, 02:49 PM
Any character is acceptable I would think. But for vampire apps, try to think of yourself as the big bad of the game. Ordinarily there is some sort of major threat the GM creates that is the main goal of the player characters to take down.
In Lords of Darkness, the payers are that threat. The vampires at least. We're the big bad. The final boss, so to speak. We are the very personification of the darkest age of humanity.

Which if fucking awesome.
07-27-2014, 03:10 PM
Vancho, I don't know where you get that. The first post says that you are the only remaining vampires of your BLOODLINES, not in the world?
07-27-2014, 03:12 PM
I don't really trust myself to be a vampire, so I was gunning for a boring human.

07-27-2014, 03:15 PM
Hector, the known world doesn't believe that vampires exist.
If they had control of a country, I think they would be pretty well known.
Unless you are from a place outside of the known world. In which case, that's kind of iffy for a character. If nothing else, you would probably have a language barrier problem.
07-27-2014, 03:32 PM
Did some digging and found something gallo said which explains the goal clearly

"Only here for a bit, but I can reveal a bit of the story behind the game. Namely that it took a good lot of thematic inspiration not from World of Darkness as the title may lead some to believe, but more from Dark Souls. the overarching theme of the game was not darkness for darkness' sake but rather one of tragedy.

The events set in motion at the beginning of the game were not the beginning of a wondrous new age of magic as it would seem. Magic has been in the world since forever, and waxed and waned from age to age according to numerous factors, but the nexus released by the players, coupled with the evil spirit bound to it, released a roiling wave of malignant evil and random magic, indeed some players, such as Chelicera, Fable's character, came into being specifically because the vengeful spirit of the dead warlock who was trapped previously in the well came upon her and decided to fuck her life over good and proper. Other characters, such as Fuade's, were not caused by this new magical event but are rather evidence of magic having an effect even before gamestart.

And of course, most obvious is the vampires themselves. The point of the game was that mankind had never before been so weak, even its greatest rulers were too distracted or mired or hampered to drive the species to greatness and even its own most influential religious leader could not hold his crumbling church together to become a focus of human resistance against the impending dark. Indeed it was this same leader who called on an elite cadre of epic heroes to put a stop to the warlock before gamestart. And they did, at the cost of most of their lives. These were the corpses the vampires found on the hill were the dread well sat. And its also the cadre to which Hans the Mighty belonged to, he had no idea his comrades had been slain in glorious duty.

Which, by the by, the players completely undermined. As was intended by me.

Rather instead of an age of magic, the weakness of man and the results of these shenanigans would merely have sounded the deathknell of the age, it wasn't about the beginning of a new as much as it was about the end of the age of man specifically. Indeed, the magic would have released other nexuses of magic, slowly, over time more creatures of myth and forces of Old Night would emerge from their slumber and their hiding places and crush beneath their heels the crown of man's hope. The only real chance mankind had at unifying was this one NPC who was the only real paladin in the world with RIDICULOUS faith powers, but I specifically described him as a miniboss rather then an end boss. He was, after all, only one man.

If he was not the boss of the game, who was? You were. The entire point of the game was that the players were the villains, they didn't know the whole story and they didn't hold all the cards, but they were in position to take advantage of it, meanwhile other players, predictably, played the heroic route and I would have loved to see how they fared against the growing force of night. Hell I was wondering how all of the players would manage, Palamedes was just an ordinary guy who could've been transformed by over half of the other players into some horrible abomination.

I loved the game world and where it was going but I couldn't handle the mess of a management I made of the game. Perhaps I will reboot the gameworld, with better thought put into it some other time, see where it takes us."
07-27-2014, 03:40 PM
Maybe I'm just rushing into things here. The whole reason I simply can't make an app is because I don't want to? Ugh, I don't know.

Put me down as undecided.

07-27-2014, 03:49 PM
On the bright side, you have plenty of time to join, and can do so whenever.
Assuming this game doesn't die like the last Lords of Darkness game :(
07-27-2014, 04:23 PM
Uh. Maybe just the royal family and their servants then? *shrug*
07-27-2014, 04:24 PM
I dunno. I'm bad at motivating myself enough to do much of anything.

Forget it, best I don't join at all so I don't fuck everything over when I duck out.

07-28-2014, 12:04 AM
Eh don't worry about it, I am waiting on at least five people to finish their apps so there's no hurry.

In fact if you want to wait until after gamestart you can post an app as a non-vampiric character, so there's no real push for you to make one yet if you don't want to.

07-28-2014, 02:28 AM (This post was last modified: 07-28-2014 02:33 AM by Formless Fable.)
I'm definitely going to be a vampire this time around.

Name: Jana Charaia

Appearance: Jana is tall with a Mediterranean complexion, with long black hair and unnatural ageless beauty. She takes great pride in her appearance and tends to own and wear fancy dresses when the situation permits, though when travelling she opts for more practical attire. In personality she is intelligent but cruel, shallow and short-tempered, and as a vampire she has lost what few morals she once held as a mortal.

Seal: A white hand on a red vertical lozenge.

History:
Almost a hundred years ago, Jana was the daughter of an elderly duke in an unimportant kingdom. As part of her father's greatest ploy to improve his influence in the kingdom, he managed to secure her marriage to the king. The petty king himself, as a result of his ancestors' inbreeding to protect their lands, was not incredibly bright, and she wasted no time in trying to manipulate him to extend her own power and her fathers'. Unfortunately the other nobles who advised the king were more savvy, and did their best to protect him from her.

They had been married less than a year when Jana met the man who was to be her sire into vampiredom, who portrayed himself as a count from the fringes of the small kingdom. He skilfully manipulated her to get at the king, quietly lauding her little plans while wrapping them up in his own grand schemes. In truth, she fell for him. The manipulator was manipulated, and when he rose to become the real hand behind royal politics in the little kingdom, he finally trusted her enough to tell her what he was, sired her into vampiredom, and explained at length the loneliness of immortality and why being able to mind control people truly gave one perspective on being skilled at manipulating them without it.

Jana didn't care for a lifestyle like that, and informed the king of her sire's true nature in order to get him thrown out of royal politics. She'd planned for him to escape and remain present in the shadows while dependent on her, which wasn't a very good plan. This miscalculated move led to his capture and sentencing to death, and also reflected suspicion back on herself, so while her sire burned, she fled.

She's been in hiding a long time, mastering her powers and learning new skills, like languages and swordplay. The kingdom she was once a subject of was invaded and conquered some decades ago. Now something calls to her from across the continent, and she's drawn towards it. Perhaps this is the impetus she needs to get back into the political game. And forget the subtleties of pure manipulation, she never understood her sire's fascination with them. If you can mind control people, why wouldn't you?

Bloodline: Jana's bloodline is all about control. On top of the stare of the master, the vampires of this bloodline are capable of mentally reaching directly into the minds of others and changing how they are thinking, granting them effective mind control powers. Though it is difficult to force thoughts upon more than one person at a time, it is not impossible, and is easier if targeting those with weak wills. They can also interfere with their thoughts to inject euphoria or paralyzing fear in a similar way, again restricted on how many they can affect simultaneously.

Those with exceptionally strongly-held opinions on what is being affected by the mind control, or with exceptionally strong or supernaturally-supported wills in general, can resist the control to an extent, though there may be a battle of wills to contest the victim's mind. The majority of mortal humans do not fall into these categories. If a person is aware that she's trying to mind control them, they stand a much better chance of resisting, though for most humans the chances still aren't good.

Siring: Siring a vampire of this bloodline is a precise ritual – it takes several hours, and involves, among other things, the sharing of blood between the vampire and the candidate somehow, followed by the complete draining of a human brought along, shared between both parties. As the candidate drinks more of the sacrifice's blood it becomes progressively easier and more fulfilling for them to finish the rest. By the time the sacrifice is drained, the candidate has become a vampire.

Curses: There a curse which affects Jana's bloodline, originating from the dawn of the line, long before she became part of it. The line is bound by ritual beliefs – vampires of this line cannot enter sanctified places, nor act across their borders, meaning those within churches or stone circles or similar are immune to their mind control, and they themselves cannot enter those areas at all. If they enter these zones wilfully or not, they experience a painful burning sensation until they leave. The sanctified area can't be much bigger than a large building or else the effect is severely diluted, to the point where a large holy city provides only a little protection from mind control and simply makes vampires of the bloodline feel uneasy while they are there.
07-28-2014, 03:20 AM
If you are writing an application, please hurry up and post them, applications will close on Thursday.

07-28-2014, 04:35 AM
Okay, I'm joining this. Hopefully this time the Forums won't eat the PMs

I may make a vamp app, But If can't I'll come up with something else.

If I'm really lazy, I might go as Florence… again.
07-29-2014, 06:32 PM (This post was last modified: 08-01-2014 04:59 AM by Cidellus.)
Name: Alessandra di Tenesra

Appearance: Alessandra appears to be a woman in her late twenties. She appears very tall, athletic in build, and has long black hair and tan skin. She is quite beautiful, but also rather intimidating due to her fierce demeanor. She wears either noble robes or chainmail armor depending on the occasion, and always has a longsword buckled at her side.

Seal: Two bloody swords crossed on a black background beneath a red crown.

Bloodline:
I HAVE THE POOOOWEEEEEER! - Vampires of Clan Tenesra have greatly increased strength and agility over other vampires. Their height and muscle mass also increases to reflect their imposing status.
Healing Factor - Wounds inflicted on vampires of Clan Tenesra heal noticeably faster and more efficiently than wounds inflicted on other vampires. Lost limbs and digits also regenerate over time, as do more serious injuries.
Eyes of the Predator - Vampires of Clan Tenesra can see in a mode of vision that grants them heightened perception of the world around them. This ability grants them the capability to detect invisible creatures, invisible spirits, hidden objects, hidden doors, hidden weapons, and hidden properties.
Bird's Eye - Vampires of Clan Tenesra can shapeshift into ravens. These ravens are swifter and more durable than ordinary ravens.

History: In life, she was married to Emperor Claudio, the second Ausonian Emperor. Her husband was a good man, intelligent in matters of administration but poor in the field of warfare. Alessandra, meanwhile, had a strong strategic mind. Her noble family was a militant one, and as the last of her line she was trained in a similar manner to the men of her house. Warfare, politics, diplomacy, and administration were drilled into her brain from a young age, and while she was good in most of those areas, she took a strong liking to warfare. When her husband ascended to the throne after the death of his legendary father, Emperor Aurelio, his younger brother Leonardo immediately began plotting for the throne.

Claudio and Alessandra immediately rode out to meet him at the head of loyalists. Claudio allowed Alessandra to coordinate the strategy, as Leonardo's army doubled his in size and Leonardo himself was a talented general. After much skirmishing and cat-and-mouse raiding, the two armies met at the Battle of Vessito. The battle lasted several hours, with the loyalist army inflicting numerous casualties. However, Claudio eventually sounded the retreat, seeing the battle as hopeless. Alessandra was coordinating her forces close to the frontlines at the time, and was quickly cut off from the rest of the army. Once captured, Prince Leonardo had her stabbed several times and thrown in a mass grave, buried in the bodies of her fallen soldiers and left to bleed out.

As she slipped into unconsciousness, the blood from the butchered soldiers drained into the bottom of the pit and began to drown her, mixing with her own blood in the process. What followed was a little-understood supernatural phenomenon that created the first in a clan of vampires.

After nightfall, she awoke in the pit uninjured, but very changed. Climbing from under the avalanche of bodies she found Leonardo's camp. The soldiers were partying, drinking, celebrating their victory, for Leonardo would soon march on the capital and take the throne.

She was hungry.

What followed could best be described as a very violent assassination. Several scores of soldiers fell, drained of blood, followed by Leonardo himself, who was found a bloodless corpse with multiple stab wounds. She then returned to her husband and, after recounting the story, was hidden from the populace for her own protection. For several years her husband pretended she was dead, visiting her in private at night before her evening feedings. A few years after the battle, her husband was assassinated by an ambitious noble, who took the throne. Alessandra was forced to leave the capital in secret and began preying on villagers for sustenance.

These activities eventually caused a group of vampire hunters to seek her out. After a long battle, she was staked through the heart, locked in a coffin, and buried in a cave. There she hibernated for several centuries before being awoken by a group of unfortunate miners. In the process of opening her coffin, one of them cut their hand, causing blood to spill onto her body. Another miner removed the stake to examine it, allowing her to wake from her hibernation. Blood-crazed, she proceeded to attack and drain the three miners who found her, along with the entire mining camp. She then went out into the vastly-changed Ausonia, discovering that her least-favorite smelling food in life was now insanely popular.

Garlic. She hated garlic. And as a vampire that hatred multiplied into such a disgust that she could scarcely smell it without leaving the area entirely. As a result, she was forced to leave the country. Goddamn Ausonians and their garlic.

In her travels, she managed to force-enthrall several men-at-arms by luring them back to her lair, restraining them, and pouring her blood down their throats. They now acquire cattle for her, which is nice. She is now in the process of traveling to the meet, being called there by some kind of supernatural voice.

Siring: The siring process requires a bowl of human blood large enough to drown in. Once the blood is obtained, the sire cuts their finger and drops a small amount of their own blood into the mixture. The sire then drowns the "willing" participant in the bowl until they are dead, at which point they reanimate as a vampire of Clan Tenesra. Hypothetically, the same ritual could be done in a fountain of blood, or a lake of blood, or an ocean of blood. However, for economical reasons, a bowl is most-used.

Curses:
Garlic. I hate Garlic - Clan Tenesra absolutely detests garlic. As in, they literally cannot be in the same room as garlic without either drowning it to prevent the smell, throwing it as far into the distance as possible, or leaving the room entirely.
TEH DAY OF ALL TEH BLOD - A vampire of Clan Tenesra requires twice the normal amount of blood to stay alive.
Fine Tastes - A vampire of Clan Tenesra is more nourished by the blood of warriors and upper-class citizens (such as nobles, merchants, priests, and scholars), and receives only half the normal nourishment from lower-class blood (such as that of peasants and beggars). On top of that, the blood of lower-class citizens may cause them to become rather ill with time. This means that while most vampires can be nourished off a single lower-class citizen a week, a vampire of Clan Tenesra would require four lower-class citizens.
With great power comes great responsibility - Once a week, a vampire of Clan Tenesra is forced to perform a certain good deed. When the opportunity to perform the good deed presents itself, the vampire must act on it or become weaker until the next deed presents itself. The deed could be anything from granting mercy to a defeated enemy to saving a man's daughter from bandits.
07-29-2014, 10:53 PM
Just going to comment that my character may be willing to spare the Tenesras if they're accepted… or at the very least deal with them later.

I personally would like to ask, however: For Respect, does a devout attacking them nullify EVERYONE's inability, or just that one vampire? That would make the difference between a series of single combats(completely possible) and a huge brawl(not possible at all) for my hunter.
07-30-2014, 02:07 AM (This post was last modified: 07-30-2014 02:11 AM by Bramzter.)
You should first fix your application so you'll get accepted Hector. No offence.
07-30-2014, 03:53 AM
It's still something Cid needs to address, and since I won't be accepted at game start anyway i still have time don't i, Bram?
07-30-2014, 06:35 AM
...Dude You aint making sense.
07-30-2014, 06:38 AM
Basically the religious person has to attack her in some way. Verbal abuse does not count, drawing their weapons and warning her away also does not count. So basically if a religious person calls for their guards, their immunity is still in tact, as is the religious people among the guards so long as they don't attack first. This being the high middle ages and the church is more unified this time around, needless to say there are alot of devout people among the populace. Cynics and doubters too as well as people who are meh towards everything, of course but this is not the modern era, religion is at its height in terms of influence.

There are grey areas of course: for example what constitutes a 'false priest'? The asshole without any formal training just doing the job because its a neat job with benefits and no care for the spiritual well being of the people is obviously false, but what about Joe average priest who does his duties faithfully and believes firmly but isn't exactly caught up with zeal? Is he false? Same with most people, how does one quantify religiosity and righteousness? Where do I draw the line between dutifully religious peasant, zealot and omnomnomnom-able assholes? This is a GM problem and one I can't leave just up to the interpretation of the player for obvious reasons.

(note, in none of this did I address characters, npc or otherwise, who have faith powers. Faith powers are necessarily rare, though supernatural creatures are more likely to encounter people with them than... virtually anyone else.)

07-30-2014, 12:17 PM
Bramzter, as a non vampire, I will not be accepted until the non-vampire apps are open. I read the OP.
07-31-2014, 02:33 AM
Tick tock goes the clock,
Lock and stock, people, lock and stock, deadline is approaching.

07-31-2014, 10:38 AM
(07-24-2014 08:29 AM)MQuinny1234 Wrote:  Name: Thespis

Appearance: A masked figure in dusty yet extravegant clothes. A wide-brimmed hat with a dull-red feather, a hooded cloak of ancient velvet. Black tights topped by a belt of red ribbon and leading down to tight, simple shoes of thin soles. He wears a patchwork silk shirt, coloured crimson, violet and cerulean, with a few silver buttons missing and a torn hole over his heart. His current mask is a simple one. White as paper and with a fixed expression of mirth. Golden eyes peer from behind it and a dirty blond fringe hangs over the top. After all that, gloves, as white as the mask and with the same amount of plainness.

Seal: The masks of Tragedy and Comedy.
History: It's cloudy. You seems to remember numeorus childhoods, numerous wives, an uncountable amount of smiling faces looking up at you, all of this is a dull roar in your mind as it rushes past, all leading up to the stage. A roaring crowd of familiar faces, the swell of emotion, the hunger of their cries as the tale is weaved on, the chant of voices crying out the name "Thespis!" The name you assume as your own which seems to fit in the mouths of faded loved ones.

You awake gasping under the moonlight, disturbed dirt upon the ground from the up-earthed grave full of ruined masks, broken props and part of a metal pole, one end warped strangely. You feel your flesh contort as you look to the sky, pain as your bones shift, nails shrink, white hair falls from your head as new locks grow through. Foul blood fills your mouth as teeth push up. You moan silently until your new body settles. Some time later shaking hands root through the coffin, snatch up two of the masks and then a figure flees the cemetary, a calling in his blood leading him helplessly onwards as he tries desperately to figure out who he is.

Bloodline: You seem to possess the ability to rapidly shift your form to any humanoid figure. Either to your own imagination and capibilities, or with a drop of blood, to become the identical twin of the donar, scars and blemishes and all.
And this is not the only thing you can emulate. As you drink, you may shift through, copy any, and even steal the more recent memories of your victim, granting you the tools to perfecting any persona.

Siring: It is a gruesome ceremony, each vampire of Thespis's clan, must shed their own face and, by any means, let it attach to the future member of the cast. If time is not an issue, you may simply wait for the flesh to quickly fasten, or you may give it a helping hand if you have a needle and thread handy.

Curse: As your hunger for blood increases, the stolen memories overwhelm your own and so the more ancient the vampire, the more dangerous the Hunger will be for it's sense of self.

The curse is far too weak for the power you have, since its not an active detriment of any sort and more of something you roleplay. I advise changing it MQuinny.

07-31-2014, 12:30 PM
I added a physical kicker, should I add more?

“One day you wake up and realize the world can be conquered.” - Doctor Impossible
08-01-2014, 06:45 AM
That's better now.

Also to everyone else: if you still want to found a clan, get yer shit in.

08-01-2014, 12:38 PM
Vampire founder applications are closed.

08-03-2014, 06:43 AM
When can we expect this to start?
08-03-2014, 09:14 AM
(08-03-2014 06:43 AM)Formless Fable Wrote:  When can we expect this to start?
THE FUTURE IS NOW!

[Image: LoDreturn.png]

Tallhill is a relatively small, mountainside city. Short, squat buildings with tall sloping roofs direct the rainwater into drains beneath the streets, connected to the mountainside river. The flow of running water was omnipresent as people went about their business during the late night markets of the harvest season.

The clouds were absent from the sky and the stars shone brightly down upon the city, as it sat vigil over the surrounding forests and lowlands.

There was one building however, that did not look like it belonged, however.

Hoary and ancient, a remnant of an age long past and barely remembered, its soaring arches and columns, topped with crumbling gargoyles and images of saints, stood Castle Freethorn.

Or at least that's what the current ruling family calls it, despite not even bothering to live there anymore. The castle was from a time before the fall of the empire and the local populace avoided it, fearing bad omens and superstition of ancient curses blackening the buildings history.

In truth the ruling lords just abandoned it, as it was hardly fit as a defensible building and repairing it wouldn't be worth the cost. There was nothing of value here.

Or so one would think.

This night, Hexennacht, the most inauspicious of evenings in the year shall prove otherwise.

Seven beings of great power, though they know not why, are drawn to the castle this night.

Seven beings will make their way into its interior.

Seven beings shall decide the fate of the world to come.

May God have mercy on the souls of mankind.

PMs sent out,

The castle doors are shut and boarded but are unguarded, You guys may meet up before going in, or one of you may be impatient and just head on in anyway. Up to you.

08-03-2014, 09:19 AM
Alessandra flew in from a nearby village using her raven form, landing on an old column as she analyzed the area. Her men-at-arms had been left behind, as they were relatively useless in a fight.

She remained on her perch, contemplating breaking into the castle. Perhaps in a bit. There was plenty of time.
08-03-2014, 09:29 AM
Jana lurked near the edge of town, skirting the shadows cast by moonlight as she made her way around to get closer to the castle. She'd prefer not to be seen until she had some idea of what was waiting for her there, but she was certain that it wasn't going to be friendly.
08-03-2014, 09:30 AM
"Goddess, what a beautiful night. Truly blessèd."

Diana stood unseen in the shadow of a tree, watching the ancient castle expectantly. She had awoken only a few days ago from her long sleep, and was surprised to feel something. She shivered, drawing her dress around her. It was not the cold wind which blew that made her feel so, but some unknown power coming from the castle. It called to her, from deep within the forest where she had died, and drew her towards this place, slowly at first, but the compulsion grew stronger as she approached. Whatever was inside, its power was otherworldly, and all who were supernatural could feel it.

Or so Diana thought. She felt it better to wait outside and watch the building than rush into the unknown, considering that there was more lurking in the dark than just her. She knew, at least when she was alive, that there were powers other than those known by mankind, and creatures which stalked the nights more dangerous than her and the rest of the coven. If this is truly what woke her from hundreds or more years of slumber, it would certainly drag others from their hiding-places.

Diana's patience was wearing thin, though. She had been watching since sundown, and nothing had showed up yet. The vampiress was eager to enter the building. Perhaps the power inside could help her in her mission to resurrect the Moon Goddess, or at least make her stronger.

Something caught her eye. A large bird, too large for a crow, had landed on a nearby column. The raven was strange in how it surveyed the area, as if it had more intelligence than a mere beast. Well, it would do no more good to wait now. Diana, more on a whim than anything, decided that if nothing else showed up, she would enter the building alone.

For now, she stepped out of the shadow and leaned on a column near the bird. On a whim, she decided to talk to it. Perhaps it would even understand her.

"Lonely night for a bird like you. Hoping for some treasure-hunter to meet an unfortunate end?"

08-03-2014, 09:31 AM
It was a magnificent building. Otieno could not help but admire it as he approached the front gate.

He contemplated the saints. He feels as if they look down and judge him, even in their crumbling states. Yet they stand next to beasts that appear to have crawled out of hell. Just like saints. To preach the word of god, and consort with the devil's hounds.

But he was probably reading too much into things. Now was not the time to contemplate the irony that was gargoyles, or the holier than thou hypocrisy of long dead saints. Now was the time to answer the call of whatever it was that rested here.

Space is warped and time is bendable.
08-03-2014, 09:36 AM
Alessandra turned her head down towards Diana and caw'd.

"Caw caw. Caw! Cawcawcawcawcaw!"
08-03-2014, 09:41 AM
Otieno glances over at the cawing bird. Between the raven, and the mysterious woman, that was probably something worth investigating.

He approaches the woman, and the noisy bird.

08-03-2014, 09:42 AM
Alessandra caw'd in greeting at Otieno.
08-03-2014, 09:45 AM
"Curios companion you have there." Otieno notes, looking up at the raven.

08-03-2014, 09:52 AM
Jana heard voices from further into town, and tried to sneak up to take a look. She still wasn't sure what to expect, and didn't want to take chances considering she didn't know who, or what, may have been drawn to this castle.
08-03-2014, 10:05 AM
"Yes, yes indeed. I thought it was acting strange for a bird, but it's just a beast. Or so it seems."

Diana took interest in the newcomer. He looked like someone who appreciated the arts, beauty, the finer things in life, and Diana was prepared to deliver. She stepped out into the moonlight and smiled, barely hiding her fangs beneath the brilliant red of her lips.

"And what is a person like you doing out this night, alone? It's a dangerous night to be out looking at ruins."

08-03-2014, 10:09 AM
"A dangerous night? What makes you say that? Is this night more dangerous than any other?"