Complete Credithunt [Mafia Wins!]
01-05-2015, 10:58 AM
RE: Credithunt [13/13] [D1: Lucky Number Thirteen]
...why eight? It's only seven to lynch. Is there a specific reason for that number?
01-05-2015, 11:10 AM
(01-05-2015 09:04 AM)Coldblooded Wrote:  Maker, have you played any mafia games on here/MSPA/Eagle Time before? I feel like I can remember playing a game with you in it at some point but I can't remember exactly when it was?

And why did you pick out Visceral in particular for that "Who wants to shoot me" question?
>blendersong

And, to answer your other question, because I recognized his name as someone funny and I wanted to see if my question out of nowhere would make anyone jump.
:P
01-05-2015, 11:13 AM
I've also played a few others but I think blendersongfia was the most recent.
Radio Tower mafia ring any bells?
Also another one maybe? we
01-05-2015, 11:14 AM
Well, I was about to go throw down a vote for MM, but on second thought I guess I'll Vote Makerofthegames now instead.

Tumblr/Steam
01-05-2015, 11:17 AM
Oh hey there Maker.

What do you think of MQuinny and APW right now? Or of DC for that matter?

Tumblr/Steam
01-05-2015, 11:22 AM
On top of that I'd like to know what makerofthegames and musicalMaestro think of each other, please?
01-05-2015, 11:43 AM
Makers been here longer and might have a similar playstyle of half-lurking. He will probably be better at forum mafia than I am as I am accustomed to irl and epicmafia mafia. No general feels about pro/neg town bc I suck at this.

No reason for 8, it should probably be 7 bc I haven't seen all 13 players talk yet.

"What is Love?" -- Mc Hammer. You are almost certain MC Hammer said that.
01-05-2015, 12:11 PM
(01-05-2015 11:43 AM)musicalMaestro Wrote:  No general feels about pro/neg town bc I suck at this.

This is the part where if you're town you look through the thread and try to change that!
01-05-2015, 12:11 PM
Worth noting that maker is unorthodox and often comes across as scummy scum. He's like Zatch but slightly more tactful.

"We love eloquence for its own sake, and not for any truth which it may utter, or any heroism it may inspire."
-Henry David Thoreau
01-05-2015, 12:24 PM
Yah best way to drop suspicion as I understand it is to just play the game, MM. Admittedly it is pretty difficult this early on because of the general lack of information, but on the flipside you're not likely to be lynched any time before the deadline so you have time to gather information, form opinions, and observe people.
01-05-2015, 12:27 PM
(01-05-2015 11:17 AM)Coldblooded Wrote:  Oh hey there Maker.

What do you think of MQuinny and APW right now? Or of DC for that matter?
MQuinny questioned the setup pre-game. I have no thoughts on that matter, but that makes him a bastard--any scumreads on him will be slightly nullified by the fact that he's already evil. The dude RVSes me, so I OMGUS him. Dunno if his vote had any meaning, mine was because I wanted to see if I could get any reaction from anyone out of my omgusing.

Null read. Though he is evil.

APW's schedule pre-game is surprisingly clear. This suggests that he has murdered any and all people/things tying him down with real life responsibility. This shows dedication. Doesn't influence scum/town readings, just means I like him from the get-go. He doesn't do anything, then he votes me for my "hilarious" MV "shenanigans." Note, those scare-quotes don't actually quote anyone, because I'm the only person who found them hilarious or shenanigan worthy. Actually, that's not true, I wasn't trying to be funny, even though I totally was. Where was I? I don't think him voting me makes him any more scummy.

Null read. Though he is a hard worker.

DC said pre-game that he's terrible. So from the get-go we can tell he's honest, so if he starts doing anything dishonest midgame, that's out of character for him and we probably should question that. Immediately he RVS's Stiq. I do not know why. The game hadn't even started yet. I don't think that vote actually counted. He OMGUSes Donut, which is clearly him copying my latter OMGUS, the thief. After that, he posts an in-depth-ish analysis of the game's mechanics and proposes nobody does that double-vote thing unless it's absolutely necessary, proving that he's much better than "terrible." Seems dishonest that pre-game he was lying, but now he's acting towny. This could mean a lot of things. I think he's a demon. Not a demon in-game, but like, in real life. I'll need to call Jesus on this one. Then he posts some more things about mechanics and seems pretty towny and then jumps on the MM lynch because MM seems noobish, I guess?

Town read. Though he does need an exorcist, stat.
(01-05-2015 11:22 AM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  On top of that I'd like to know what makerofthegames and musicalMaestro think of each other, please?

musicalMaestro started the pregame hoping he could do better than in his last mafia game. This shows he has experience, and wisdom to be trusted. Speedchuck RVS's him for seemingly no reason. He RVS's Acionyx for seemingly no reason. Acionyx OMGUS's back, without even any witty "Oh my gawd" text. Was that a legit OMGUS? ?!? Read on Acionyx though nobody asked me: Lowering. Maestro then questions RVS's. Mecha posts a good article that I then read about RVS's. Maestro couldn't read the article because mafiacum. Which, yeah, seems kinda hilarious and nooby. C'mon, you can't even read mafiascum? C'mon.. I mean, c'mon. C'mon.

Null read. Though, c'mon.
01-05-2015, 12:42 PM
dude where are you getting that demon read it's totally off base explain yourself immediately
01-05-2015, 12:49 PM
dC confirmed for demon

[Image: g4osirL.jpg]
01-05-2015, 12:59 PM
oh my god this is such bullshit

Exorcise: AProcrastinatingWriter

No, that's not a lynch vote.

...huh. This makes me wonder if some sort of demon possession setting could work for a mafia game. Might be worth thinking about.
01-05-2015, 01:07 PM
(01-05-2015 12:27 PM)makerofthegames Wrote:  Though he is evil.

[Image: tumblr_mr3v6nR1DP1spe91lo1_500.gif]

“One day you wake up and realize the world can be conquered.” - Doctor Impossible
01-05-2015, 01:26 PM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2015 01:27 PM by Stiqqery.)
Mod Ping: 8 was accident, is actually seven. Sorry.
01-05-2015, 01:33 PM
...I just checked the votal and it says 7 to lynch and wasn't edited recently? My query was directed at MM, not at the votal (unless MM said 8 before the votal was edited and it originally said 8 or something?)
01-05-2015, 01:52 PM
DC what's your read on maker now?
01-05-2015, 01:52 PM
maker is town I think
MM needs to play the game and stop talking about not being able to play the game

Vote Coldblooded
:-)

"We love eloquence for its own sake, and not for any truth which it may utter, or any heroism it may inspire."
-Henry David Thoreau
01-05-2015, 01:53 PM
ninja'd by Acio's question for dC about maker :DDDD

-Henry David Thoreau
01-05-2015, 03:17 PM
(01-05-2015 01:52 PM)Acionyx Wrote:  DC what's your read on maker now?

My maker read was null with a slight town while maker was prancing around and bumped up a bit from that player analysis (but only a bit). Reads this early in the game are pretty "soft" though due to low information. Maker's behaviour always felt sillytown rather than scum to me.

(01-05-2015 01:52 PM)Mister Visceral Wrote:  maker is town I think
MM needs to play the game and stop talking about not being able to play the game

Vote Coldblooded
:-)

I still feel like MM's reaction was a little early for a townie...hmm...unless...oh hello there -EV, how are you today.

Mkay, MM, if you end up in a claiming position I want you to keep in mind what was said on P2 about claiming. Make sure you think it through!

MV: Do you have a meta read on Coldblooded, or no?
01-05-2015, 03:29 PM
It's actually astonishingly non-meta

-Henry David Thoreau
01-05-2015, 03:33 PM
(01-05-2015 03:17 PM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  I still feel like MM's reaction was a little early for a townie...hmm...unless...oh hello there -EV, how are you today.

Can you clarify this?
01-05-2015, 03:41 PM
@DC: Visceral thinks that he can trick me into revealing the rest of the scum team if he just keeps up the pressure long enough, but as usual he is wrong and wasting his time.

Tumblr/Steam
01-05-2015, 03:50 PM
@Acio: It may be -EV to clarify, but I suspect your point might be that scum can probably figure out the thing from what I've said and so the damage has been done already. As such:

I believe "Town power role" is also consistent with MM's behaviour. It makes sense with being particularly discouraged, explains early-wagon panic just as much as being scum does, "absolve me of any responsibility" seems to imply it (and is false, incidentally, if poor play gets you lynched that's absolutely on you MM :v), and MM seemed very forthright with offering to claim if people wanted it.

Hopefully I didn't just tip scum off to this :/

@Coldblooded and Visceral: As many details on each other as you can spare, please, on my desk by this afternoon. Leave out anything -EV, do not assume you've said anything or that anyone knows anything about your opinions of each other. Include any meta to the degree to which it is fueling your assumptions (Coldblooded in particular). Oh and don't assume any knowledge of mafia or witch hunts either :v
01-05-2015, 04:20 PM
Do you think he's town then
01-05-2015, 04:36 PM
My reading of MM is no longer coming from a place of "well what other than being scum would motivate acting like that?"

I still find the behaviour scummy enough to be worth pushing until a better candidate emerges.

This is kind of vague, so in a nutshell: I think he is town, but I want to wait for a little more content before I'm sure enough to unvote given that I don't feel particularly motivated to move my vote onto anybody else at this point (in part because I don't want me being outwardly suspicious of someone to alter their behaviour at this time). However this is a good reason for Deadline: MM as I believe it represents a somewhat weaker commitment of suspicion.

I'll have a better answer for you once MM posts again.

My understanding of "in a nutshell" is apparently quite poor, as the nutshell is larger than the original content.
01-05-2015, 04:55 PM
I don't necessarily agree with ya here in that voting someone besides MM, thus changing their behavior, is a BAD thing but at least I can understand why you think that, you know?

What I don't get is how you believe you can say that you think someone is town and then vote for them anyway. Because These two things don't line up proper, compadre.

[Image: Jake_Shaving_3.gif]
I hear they shoot you for less down in Texas.

01-05-2015, 05:08 PM
Here's the thing. "I think" means "more than 50% confidence", not "100% confidence". I'm assuming this because asking if I was 100% confident that MM is town would be ludicrous as the answer would be "hell no".

Additionally, even something like 55% town confidence in someone is sufficient reason to keep a vote on them because it actually represents a higher chance of them being scum than just the setup alone would.

Frankly I think "do you think X is town" is a poor question right now and possibly at any time, simply due to being too imprecise. I have higher town confidence in everyone else in the game at the present time. I could unvote, but this means my vote is no longer doing work. I could vote for someone ELSE, but as I've said I'm not seeing a compelling reason to do so.

In summary, the apparent contradiction is due to imprecise terminology, not because I am attempting to lynch a townie.
01-05-2015, 05:18 PM
(01-05-2015 10:33 AM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  Thought so, and I'm inclined to agree at this point.

Lynch: musicalMaestro

Could you explain your/Acio's reasoning on the mM vote (at the point of time of the quoted post)? Like solely based off of his first and only comment.

Vote: dC
01-05-2015, 05:22 PM
Hi maker do you have a read on someone/something that is more than jokes and/or just summarizing their posts (but somehow in more words)? Bonus points if you have more than one.
01-05-2015, 05:25 PM
At the time of MY vote, post #86 felt dodgy to me after Acio's post in #84 (as mentioned in post #96). Acio's reasoning was presumably different as Acio's vote predates that, but if I had to guess I'd say...

...hmm. Interesting. I could see MM's first post being read as scummy, but not overly so and I don't think Acio actually did! It would not surprise me if one of the following were true:

- Acio's vote WAS originally RVS, but became a real vote after MM's response to it in #86

- Acio claimed the vote was real in order to measure my reaction to it, specifically. (Particularly funny since I didn't cast my vote until getting Acio's answer so that my vote wouldn't taint HIS reaction!)
01-05-2015, 05:26 PM
EBWOP: Since I suspect the point was "what do you get from MM's first post"...that first line reads like "oh I'm town btw guys" in a lot of ways. Which is...not great, but not exactly terrible.
01-05-2015, 05:29 PM
So like. Why was it phrased like 'man Acio I agree with you'? That's more what I was asking, but good answer.
01-05-2015, 05:34 PM
Lynch: DC

Quote:I have higher town confidence in everyone else in the game at the present time. I could unvote, but this means my vote is no longer doing work. I could vote for someone ELSE, but as I've said I'm not seeing a compelling reason to do so.

If you've got that then could you list your strongest read then?
01-05-2015, 05:38 PM
Oh, well because I was voting with him right after asking for details on his vote. I wanted to address Acio's answer to the "RVS or no?" question briefly and vote for MM now that I had said answer, and that phrasing tied the two together neatly. Plus, I imagine just putting the vote into a post rather than also saying that would have IMPLIED that reason anyway, and potentially have been weirder.
01-05-2015, 05:42 PM
Oop, ninjas. Assuming Acio is after my strongest town read...right now it's probably you or Pala, actually. It would be coldblooded if not for this whole kerfuffle with MV, and content from other posters hasn't been as pro-town or high quality in my opinion.

If that's not what you meant by strongest read then sorry 'bout that. Also given that the game is like 77% town everyone's got that chance of being town before assessment, yeah? That's kind of what I'm getting at with MM being "less than 77% likely to be town but still more than 50%"
01-05-2015, 06:33 PM
Hey DC, we're not lynching MM today because if somebody's response to a very small, early D1 wagon is basically "Okay, so should I claim right now or..." then there's no reason why we can't just put them on the back burner for awhile and come back to check on them again in a few days or so. They don't have to be confirmed town in order to not be a good lynch option anymore.

As for Visceral, I'm actually perfectly fine with him. That post earlier has less to do with me being annoyed with him in general and more to do with me having completely lost the ability to communicate with other human beings without making flippant shitposts.

For what it's worth, I have a slight town read on Visceral atm because A.) he's actually placing reads on people with like zero prompting, and B.) the only other person on my lynchwagon is Mecha_Goomba, who basically just threw down an OMGUS vote alongside a couple of unhelpful mechanics posts, and then promptly disappeared to god knows where.

So yeah, between the two of them I like Visceral better.

Tumblr/Steam
01-05-2015, 06:42 PM
Hmm, so some responses don't make the person townier but DO make them a poor lynch target? I'm assuming that one's because the high probability that the person is town combined with the fact they WILL claim if the lynch gets closer and that their claim is likely -EV means that there's a good chance pushing a lynch on them is a bad idea?

Anyway that being the case I'm gonna try Lynch: APW. I actually don't like how APW was subtly suggesting there should be a wagon on me without actually voting for me...it seems like an attempt to dodge responsibility. APW, what I'd like to hear from you is why, if my stuff really didn't add up, you didn't vote for me. Is makerofthegames just a more compelling lynch target?
01-05-2015, 07:00 PM
Well first of all, I kinda doubt that a new scum player would just volunteer their role up so early on with such little prompting, but even if they did, town can always force them to claim in later days if it's really necessary. But you can't just shove that cat back in the bag once it's already been let loose.

Tumblr/Steam
01-05-2015, 07:30 PM
(01-05-2015 06:42 PM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  APW, what I'd like to hear from you is why, if my stuff really didn't add up, you didn't vote for me. Is makerofthegames just a more compelling lynch target?

Because I wanted to see what you would say in response to what I pointed out in order to make a judgement on you.

Vote: dichotomousCreator

Hint: I didn't like your response

01-05-2015, 07:45 PM
Well, now you get to explain why. What about my response was inaccurate and/or misleading?
01-05-2015, 08:31 PM
Hmm, I think I will vote DC right here as well.

Okay goodnight.

Tumblr/Steam
01-05-2015, 08:43 PM
That's four, right? I'll claim at six (which is already a partial claim, I'm not one of the roles that would prefer to die in this situation). I'm actually kinda tempted to claim NOW before we waste too much more time, but we've got a few days left so eh. Given that about half the game right now is aggro directed at me and the rest is largely me talking at length about mechanics, I'm not sure what else to say beyond "APW is being scummy" and stuff pertaining to the fact that I'm seeing lynch votes and questions about my behaviour (mostly) but not a lot of "XYZ thing you did was scummy" (APW has been good in this regard, at least). There's just not enough stuff to poke at.

Oh yeah also can we agree that hammering me would be massively anti-town at this point? If we can't agree on THAT I'm claiming right now :/
01-05-2015, 09:26 PM
Actually, due to timezoning I'm kind of concerned that a) everyone on this wagon has gone to bed like Coldblooded, and b) as a result of this, I'm going to wake up tomorrow and the lynch will have gone through. I'm not going to claim but seriously if anyone hammers me they'd better be getting lynched tomorrow. That's scummy as hell pretty much regardless of how scummy you think I am, because it denies town valuable talking time and information. In any case this makes me nervous enough to dump everything I might possibly want to say in case this is the last chance I get to talk.

So. Coldblooded leaving a vote there overnight is either a vote of confidence in town not putting the lynch through until Coldblooded returns, or the vote is there in the hope that it contributes to a successful lynch quickly. I believe the latter is antitown because who the hell wants to end D1 early? However, I'm liable to suspect the former at this point, which is fine. Although the fact that all the cooler-headed people are already on the train concerns me, I can see a couple of hotheaded townies and a scum hopping on and finishing the thing within the next few hours. I mostly understand other people's motivations for being on this wagon, but yours remain largely a mystery. I suspect you just want your vote doing something overnight and I'm the best target for pressure, but if you have anything else to add I'd like to hear it.

APW has quietly kicked this whole thing off and then sat on it amongst everyone else along with a pithy statement or two. This worries me, and I don't understand why it's not worrying anyone else. I don't buy your story about wanting my reaction before you hopped on, your post made it clear enough you wanted me lynched when you made it so I don't see how I would have reacted differently if it had included a lynch vote. I think you just didn't want to be seen as the wagon starter. At the very least, explain how your conspicuously lacking in a vote post #128 represented anything but a "let's lynch DC" position, or if it didn't how including a vote would have changed my reaction to it.

Acio and Pala seem fine and to be doing things in the regular town-like fashion (plus their previous content is good). You two are asking sensible questions about the behaviour of mine you're not happy with and generally acting positive. Townreads all 'round!

Of the other people who've actually posted, MM seems off but has threatened to claim (and to be honest I can sympathize with this now) and makerofthegames seems like sillytown. Unless someone wants to ask me about a specific post or point out something I missed, I literally can't think of anything else to comment on.

...oh, wait. Donut's still on me from RVS, so that's five. Okay. I guess that means anyone who wants to know my role can just vote for me once and anyone who wants to hammer can just buy a doublevote. I don't see any compelling reason NOT to claim at L-1, since by that point and given how little stuff there is for me to try and analyze it's likely the only way I'm not wasting our D1 lynch. Please do bear in mind however that anyone who places the sixth vote is effectively asking for my role to be made public, and will be considered as such.

I think that's everything I have to say about the game so far. Not much else to do but wait for it to not be 2 in the morning where everyone else on the forum lives.
01-06-2015, 03:33 AM
(01-05-2015 06:42 PM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  Is makerofthegames just a more compelling lynch target?
Well, I am a very compelling person.
(01-05-2015 05:22 PM)Palamedes Wrote:  Hi maker do you have a read on someone/something that is more than jokes and/or just summarizing their posts (but somehow in more words)? Bonus points if you have more than one.
Yeah okay mostly null or town reads (town on DC, null on most everyone else) except Acionyx I have a slight scum read because of his OMGUS earlier (that didn't even have witty text next to it!)

and also a less slight scum read on Vote: Coldblooded because
(01-05-2015 03:41 PM)Coldblooded Wrote:  @DC: Visceral thinks that he can trick me into revealing the rest of the scum team if he just keeps up the pressure long enough, but as usual he is wrong and wasting his time.
goddamn regardless of what you're actually saying here, the phrasing sounds hilariously exactly like a scumslip. Revealing the rest of the scum team... wow. I get completely that this can be interpreted as a meta thing you're saying, like, from Visceral's point of view you're scum and he could be trying to get you to scumslip everyone else, but..it's not like you denied it, sir!
01-06-2015, 04:30 AM
I get maybe feeling Coldblooded is suspicious because he just keeps jumping on wagons (that is a thing) but for making a sarcastic joke? I'm not buying it so much. Why do you have a town read on dC?

dC can you actually make a compelling case for lynching APW? I don't have a townread on him, but I also don't see him being suspicious of you but having a vote for someone else he's suspicious of as much of a case as I could see for, say, you, Coldblooded, or maker. I mean, I basically voted you when I did because my vote was still in RVS and I had nothing better to do but throw it at an actual suspicion. If I had been voting for someone else at the time for a real reason, I probably would have kept it there at least until you responded. Also, if you found out Writer was town right now, who would you vote for?
01-06-2015, 05:04 AM
Hey pala:

In a Maker/DC scumteam who do you think would be the third?
01-06-2015, 05:27 AM
dichotomousCreator (5): icanhasdonut, Palamedes, Acionyx, APW, Coldblooded
musicalMaestro (1): Speedchuck
Acionyx (1): musicalMaestro
ColdBlooded (2): Mecha_Goomba, Visceral
Maker: (2) (Quinny, Coldblooded
Coldblooded: (1) (Maker)
APW: (1) (DC)

Abstaining: Mercerenies

Okay yeah wow I am definitely okay with the DC lynch now

DC declares maker town for silliness when sarcasm wrt day one is a longstanding scum tradition and Maker declares DC town without making a case as to why when DC has a significant wagon on him and then attacks a weaker vote

Bonus: Both apw and coldblooded have voted maker earlier in the day.

I can see a maker/DC team with potential visceral/donut as a third. Visceral going after coldblooded and reading maker as town without explantion (notice the pattern here) and donut potentially given that in spite of being nonexistant DC and maker have both shrugged off without comment

Speedchuck, Quinny, Goomba, Maestro:

Aside from the above (which I think is the most likely world) there's a world where maker/DC are both town and are actually pretty correct in their votes.

Do any of you agree or disagree with my above assesment and if you disagree then what's your opinion on Coldblooded/APW? If you suspect them more than maker/dc then do you think it's both or one and if both then who is scummier.
01-06-2015, 05:28 AM
Also mercerenies where you at please answer the end question as well