Complete Credithunt [Mafia Wins!]
01-06-2015, 06:01 AM
RE: Credithunt [13/13] [D1: Lucky Number Thirteen]
Well, I'm not dead so that's something.

(01-06-2015 04:30 AM)Palamedes Wrote:  I get maybe feeling Coldblooded is suspicious because he just keeps jumping on wagons (that is a thing) but for making a sarcastic joke? I'm not buying it so much. Why do you have a town read on dC?

dC can you actually make a compelling case for lynching APW? I don't have a townread on him, but I also don't see him being suspicious of you but having a vote for someone else he's suspicious of as much of a case as I could see for, say, you, Coldblooded, or maker. I mean, I basically voted you when I did because my vote was still in RVS and I had nothing better to do but throw it at an actual suspicion. If I had been voting for someone else at the time for a real reason, I probably would have kept it there at least until you responded. Also, if you found out Writer was town right now, who would you vote for?

In addition to that, I find APW's vote on me hilariously vague...also APW'S GIVEN reason for not voting for me yet was to measure my reaction, not in order to keep a vote elsewhere (see #141). Very much acting like there's some kind of smoking gun in my response in #141 that needs no explanation, which is dodgy as hell.

APW's other content is pmuch only #91 (not particularly scummy) and funnies, I believe.

@Acio: In the case that your reasoning is incorrect, do you want to find out now or are you okay with finding out later in the day?
01-06-2015, 06:10 AM
Also you're usually good about explaining things, Acio, so why is all I'm getting "DC declares maker town for silliness"? It's much more like I'm townreading on maker in spite of the silliness or at the very least without it impacting alignment considerations. Maker has provided reasonable content, relatively speaking for as early in the game anyway, and "sillytown" indicates "silly, but town" not "silly, therefore town" because the silliness needs to be addressed as not being scummy. Which I don't think it is.
01-06-2015, 06:11 AM
(01-06-2015 06:10 AM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  Also you're usually good about explaining things, Acio, so why is all I'm getting "DC declares maker town for silliness"? It's much more like I'm townreading on maker in spite of the silliness or at the very least without it impacting alignment considerations. Maker has provided reasonable content, relatively speaking for as early in the game anyway, and "sillytown" indicates "silly, but town" not "silly, therefore town" because the silliness needs to be addressed as not being scummy. Which I don't think it is.

Can you show me an example of that content then?
01-06-2015, 06:17 AM
(01-06-2015 06:01 AM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  @Acio: In the case that your reasoning is incorrect, do you want to find out now or are you okay with finding out later in the day?

I'll find out eventually
01-06-2015, 06:18 AM
#111? Those seemed like perfectly reasonable reads to me. Usually coming out null would, er, nullify that but I'm willing to cut some slack on that on the first few pages if there's evidence the person in question has actually been considered.
01-06-2015, 06:19 AM
(Duly noted. Will also remember to refresh before posting next time :v)
01-06-2015, 06:31 AM
Yeah I kinda figured that was going to be the one you pointed to

For those who didn't bother to read it closely lemme help you out by bolding the stuff that has anything to do with the actual game:

Quote:MQuinny questioned the setup pre-game. I have no thoughts on that matter, but that makes him a bastard--any scumreads on him will be slightly nullified by the fact that he's already evil. The dude RVSes me, so I OMGUS him. Dunno if his vote had any meaning, mine was because I wanted to see if I could get any reaction from anyone out of my omgusing.

Null read. Though he is evil.

APW's schedule pre-game is surprisingly clear. This suggests that he has murdered any and all people/things tying him down with real life responsibility. This shows dedication. Doesn't influence scum/town readings, just means I like him from the get-go. He doesn't do anything, then he votes me for my "hilarious" MV "shenanigans." Note, those scare-quotes don't actually quote anyone, because I'm the only person who found them hilarious or shenanigan worthy. Actually, that's not true, I wasn't trying to be funny, even though I totally was. Where was I? I don't think him voting me makes him any more scummy.

Null read. Though he is a hard worker.

DC said pre-game that he's terrible. So from the get-go we can tell he's honest, so if he starts doing anything dishonest midgame, that's out of character for him and we probably should question that. Immediately he RVS's Stiq. I do not know why. The game hadn't even started yet. I don't think that vote actually counted. He OMGUSes Donut, which is clearly him copying my latter OMGUS, the thief. After that, he posts an in-depth-ish analysis of the game's mechanics and proposes nobody does that double-vote thing unless it's absolutely necessary, proving that he's much better than "terrible." Seems dishonest that pre-game he was lying, but now he's acting towny. This could mean a lot of things. I think he's a demon. Not a demon in-game, but like, in real life. I'll need to call Jesus on this one. Then he posts some more things about mechanics and seems pretty towny and then jumps on the MM lynch because MM seems noobish, I guess?

Town read. Though he does need an exorcist, stat.
(Yesterday 08:22 PM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:
On top of that I'd like to know what makerofthegames and musicalMaestro think of each other, please?

musicalMaestro started the pregame hoping he could do better than in his last mafia game. This shows he has experience, and wisdom to be trusted. Speedchuck RVS's him for seemingly no reason. He RVS's Acionyx for seemingly no reason. Acionyx OMGUS's back, without even any witty "Oh my gawd" text. Was that a legit OMGUS? ?!? Read on Acionyx though nobody asked me: Lowering. Maestro then questions RVS's. Mecha posts a good article that I then read about RVS's. Maestro couldn't read the article because mafiacum. Which, yeah, seems kinda hilarious and nooby. C'mon, you can't even read mafiascum? C'mon.. I mean, c'mon. C'mon.

Null read. Though, c'mon.

He dumped a load of useless words around a few snippets of game narration and doesn't explain any of his conclusions

It's the type of textblock post scum will dump to make it look like they're involved knowing that most people will skim it at best and go "hey he's helping" (and let teammates go "hey he's had content!!")
01-06-2015, 06:31 AM
Actually DC, I mainly voted you to see if you would just keep going "Why, why, why me?" every single time that somebody voted for you, and you did not disappoint.

Also I'm not really concerned about hammers on Day 1 because if a scum really feels like revealing themselves just to force a lynch through this early in the game then they can go right ahead IMO.

Tumblr/Steam
01-06-2015, 06:47 AM
Well none of you are ANSWERING that other than Acio, and there is literally nothing for me to do that's not "why are you voting for me?" if I want to comment on any posts, because THEY'RE ALL PEOPLE VOTING FOR ME. What else do you want me to do? #145 was an attempt to analyze the people on this wagon because it's kind of the only big thing in the game right now. I'm trying to figure out people's motivations, which in the case that they're voting for me equates to exactly "why are you voting for me", the key difference being the lack of implied "'cause you shouldn't be!".

In summary, Wagons are valuable informational tools but only if they actually get looked at, you look at one by examining the motivations of people on it, and that's just about all there is to do in this game. So yes, Coldblooded, I'm asking people why they're lynching me and you probably should be too. Not because OMG DC IS TOWN OMGGGG but because that's what you DO.

I'm concerned that I'm actually looking scummy enough that people WON'T lynch a quickhammer if, say, someone like MM comes in and doublevotes then professes ignorance/newness/what-have-you. Hence the whole "if we agree hammering me is antitown I'm fine" deal.

@Acio: Quinny and APW had no content at that point, so I don't find little information on them suspicious (and the padding is the silliness that I'm saying all this in spite of). Ignoring the read on me, the read on MM seemed to be suggesting "MM's scummishness is offset by noobisnhess, therefore nullread" which seems reasonable. I'll admit to having originally believed there was more content in the first two paragraphs, but I'm willing to forgive that because there wasn't really much content to be provided about either of those two in the first place. If they had interesting stuff up for analysis and maker had passed over it, then I'd be suspecting waffle like that a lot more.
01-06-2015, 07:01 AM
dC I fail to see how post 111 had much behind it. Like it's all just joking around in an effort to just give out a bunch of null reads. QE: Acio says this better.

Also, in fairness to Writer your responses to him/me left a lot to be desired and he was totally right about that in 141. Also, the way you went at him in 139 as if you had a case right from his initial post on you really looks like you suddenly realized you had to try and swing attention away from you.

As for stuff to do, there is a lot more going on than just your lynch if you make the effort. Question people's other opinions, or if there aren't any try and find out why. For example, this one's for everyone lynching you now:

If scum is on the dC lynch, who do you think it is in a scum!dC world? What about a town!dC one?

I'm still waiting for you to tell me what's what and who's who in a world where Writer is magically confirmed town by the way.

@Acio I could see donut/Visceral but for now it's a little early to tell (especially with the former who made like one RVS post and hasn't shown up since).

Looking over it, I'm going to say almost definitely not Writer/Coldblooded/you and probably not speedchuck (for mechanical chat with dC which I see no reason to not have taken place in scumchat). Actually, maker throwing that gun question at Visceral feels weird as scum on scum action since all it could have ever done was draw attention towards both of them. dC's push on mM sort of rules him out too as a likely candidate. That leaves me feeling like best odds for a third member in a maker/dC world might be one of the less active people (donut/Goomba/Quinny/Mercerenies), if I had to pick an active then I'd say yeah Visceral makes the most sense. I could see a world where Coldblooded/Writer are bussing like mad but I'm more inclined to follow your thinking.
01-06-2015, 07:03 AM
EBWOP: dC I think at this point just about everyone on your lynch has answered why you in some way or another.
01-06-2015, 07:49 AM
Oh blast, I knew I'd forgotten something. Let's see, townfirmed!APW...posts concerning APW so far include #56 (RVS from you), #63 (RVS from Visceral), #111 (nullread based on lack of content by maker)...and that's about it. So, no real insights on others from that townfirm.

However, the point of this exercise is largely to see who I'd go after if not APW, so...well, it depends on Coldblooded's response, actually, but as before I'm expecting reasonable reasoning there so we'll rule that out for now.

Okay let's list all the opinions I can find in the thread (other than DC-based ones)

If we're considering RVS, I guess I want to know why you voted Writer at the start of the game.

First post that COULD be an opinion (rather than RVS) is #62, coldblooded has a few posts so that might not be RVS on Goomba's part. Goomba, any comment?

#77 could be anti-maker by MV but is more likely "this question is dumb go away". Which I guess is slightly anti-maker? I dunno there's not much to say about this especially since that's not MV's opinion later on. #82 might be pro-MV from maker, I guess.

#84 is anti-MM from acio, ultimately nullified by MM being about to claim. It's a reasonable opinion to have at this point as I outlined earlier when we were talking about why *I* voted MM.

#89 MQuinny votes to lynch maker...#90 maker votes back specifically claiming OMGUS. I'm inclined to believe these votes are essentially random...wait is maker still on Quinny? There might be something more to that given how late it is. People didn't like maker's weird questioning so I'd guess that to be Quinny's motivation. #91 APW explicitly invokes it as motivation, this seems perfectly reasonable.

#94 Coldblooded questions Maker's questioning, seems slightly anti-maker I think. Again reasonable but going along with several other people having done this first. Does that matter?

#104 Coldblooded dislikes #102 I'm guessing. Don't see anything wrong with that or anything to push on there, even if my read on that sort of behaviour by maker is not "inherently scummy".

#107 doesn't actually contain anything of interest by MM. Looks dispirited. =(.

#109...hmm, looking back Visceral says this after up to three people start poking at maker for being wacky. Visceral, any comment on the timing of #109? It's too wine-y to draw conclusions from, it could be scumbuddy covering or it could be pure meta motivated by a desire for people to not misread and mislynch maker if maker is town. I took it into account pretty heavily when reading maker.

#111, three nullreads and a townread on me. Early townread on me could potentially be motivated by Dersehunt (where a bunch of people did that based on early large-scale posting by me), but this strikes me as highly unlikely (maker wasn't IN Dersehunt, for starters, and it's only one game). Otherwise...given that it's an extremely unpopular opinion right now and getting maker called scum besides I'm inclined to think it speaks well of him(?).

#119 Visceral says maker is probably town explicitly. This was kinda implied back in #109. Coldblooded vote...I'm not sure what to make of that. I suspect it's because Coldblooded was going at maker recently, which speaks badly of MV AND maker. #122 confirms anti-Coldblooded. makerofthegames, I'd like to hear from you why you think Visceral thinks you're town, and your opinion on Visceral.

aaaaaand with that we're into every expressed opinion being anti-DC. The visceral/maker interaction is interesting but being covered in the context of this lynch anyway...there are a few things expressed post-wagon though.

#131 by you seems anti-maker in a sort of passive-aggressive way. I find such tactics vague and irritating but the position expressed makes sense. Motivation probably just pushing on things as town.

#138 Coldblooded is fine with Visceral, which is interesting given Visceral is pro-maker and Coldblooded is anti-maker. Coldblooded, any comment? You address why Visceral voting for you doesn't put you off but not why Visceral townreading maker doesn't.

#146 maker goes at coldblooded for a claimed scumslip. Everyone else after this basically dismisses this as not a thing and calls maker scummy for it (#147 explicitly by you, #148 implicitly by acio). #149 calls out maker and visceral on previously established grounds, and donut despite donut having been basically afk this whole time (which is kinda weird). #157 more anti-maker, yadda yadda. Acio has explained positions on basically everything stated, although I find it odd how sure he seems of some of these conclusions so early into the game. Willing to put that down to experience.

Aaaaaand that's pretty much it. Other than observing Visceral/Maker for myself I'm...not that illuminated, frankly. Based on this I'd probably vote...I actually kind of want to say maker. Visceral and Coldblooded are possibilities, but votes on maker might put an end to the silliness and produce some actual content. It's also early enough in the game to just throw votes at non-contributors, of those I think Quinny would be my favoured target (single low-explanation vote).

If I'm honest, I have gotten a bit apathetic about this whole thing because I just can't see any scenario that doesn't end with me claiming to get out of the lynch. I'll try and shake that off, but it's seeming more and more like a foregone conclusion. Question for people voting for me, can you see any circumstances in which you DON'T want me to be the D1 lynch, short of a claim? (Don't tell me what they are).

PREVIEW EDIT: Coldblooded's answer of "you kept asking 'why me'" is unsatisfactory for reasons outlined above. APW has pointed at me saying "I think MM is town" and continuing to vote, I explained what "I think" means in this context and have yet to hear back why that explanation is unsatisfactory. Donut is RVS, Acio and you are doing fine on this front.

In terms of wanting to know what people's opinions are...I dunno I feel like people have been pretty forthcoming. I would like to hear from more people (Coldblooded especially) what their reading of Visceral are, and your question for people on my lynch covers just about everything else of interest.
01-06-2015, 07:51 AM
EBWOP: I...guess I actually want to hear maker, Visceral, and the lynch DC crowd's opinion of Acio specifically.
01-06-2015, 08:00 AM
*yawns* Well. Haven't slept for more than 12 hours straight before.

The reason your response was so important to me, dude, was because you claimed you were 55% certain that MM was town, and even more certain that everyone else was town. I realize that I'm not the best at statistics, and some people's non-towniness being dependent on other's towniness might fill in some gaps, but I'm pretty sure logic like that creates at least one universe in your head where everyone is town. Which, as you might suspect, doesn't make sense.

It's also weird that you're claiming that a post with a lynch vote in it wouldn't cause you to act differently when being the primary lynch is causing you to act like this???

Anyway, in scum!dC world I'd cast suspicion on mM. Town!dC world I'd go for Coldblooded for the casual way he jumped on the wagon.

[Image: g4osirL.jpg]
01-06-2015, 08:01 AM
EBWOP: Acio's probably town

01-06-2015, 08:18 AM
(01-06-2015 08:00 AM)AProcrastinatingWriter Wrote:  *yawns* Well. Haven't slept for more than 12 hours straight before.

The reason your response was so important to me, dude, was because you claimed you were 55% certain that MM was town, and even more certain that everyone else was town. I realize that I'm not the best at statistics, and some people's non-towniness being dependent on other's towniness might fill in some gaps, but I'm pretty sure logic like that creates at least one universe in your head where everyone is town. Which, as you might suspect, doesn't make sense.

It's also weird that you're claiming that a post with a lynch vote in it wouldn't cause you to act differently when being the primary lynch is causing you to act like this???

Anyway, in scum!dC world I'd cast suspicion on mM. Town!dC world I'd go for Coldblooded for the casual way he jumped on the wagon.

For starters, I was giving 55% as an example, but that's kinda not the point.

My starting point is that as 77% of the players in the game are town (roughly), there's a 77% chance of any random person one would care to pick out being town before looking at their behaviour. That doesn't equate to "everyone is town" worlds in the slightest. Even if the probability was taken literally across all players (which would be dumb because it's a tool for analyzing individuals) the chances of everyone being town would work out to roughly (3^13)/(4^13) which is something like 2%. So basically what I was saying is that prior to the game starting that 77% town chance applies to everyone, and it's events within the game that change it from that mathematically correct figure. Events at the time lowered my estimation on MM, but not below 50%.

As for the vote thing...if I had five lynch votes but somehow no-one was suspicious of me I would be acting considerably differently. Conversely, if five people were openly suspicious of me but none of them had voted I'd be acting...not QUITE identically to this because that situation would be weird, but quite similar. Plus, being the primary lynch target is a function of a large number of votes, I don't see how "being the primary lynch target changes my behaviour" equates to "a vote included in your suspicion post would have changed my behaviour".

Why is MM the most suspicious in scum!DC world?
01-06-2015, 08:24 AM
Yes if I were maker's scum buddy I would totally say "Maker is town probably." Especially when he's not under that much scrutiny.

"We love eloquence for its own sake, and not for any truth which it may utter, or any heroism it may inspire."
-Henry David Thoreau
01-06-2015, 08:26 AM
(01-06-2015 08:24 AM)Mister Visceral Wrote:  Yes if I were maker's scum buddy I would totally say "Maker is town probably." Especially when he's not under that much scrutiny.

...isn't this just wine?
01-06-2015, 08:42 AM
(01-06-2015 07:49 AM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  #104 Coldblooded dislikes #102 I'm guessing. Don't see anything wrong with that or anything to push on there, even if my read on that sort of behaviour by maker is not "inherently scummy".

Actually no, believe it or not Maker sort of ninja'd me at #104. The actual reason I voted for Maker there was because he was one of only two interesting wagons at the time, and MM had just finished proving himself to be a very bad lynch target. So therefore Maker gets the vote by default.

Quote:#138 Coldblooded is fine with Visceral, which is interesting given Visceral is pro-maker and Coldblooded is anti-maker. Coldblooded, any comment? You address why Visceral voting for you doesn't put you off but not why Visceral townreading maker doesn't.

I think that you're trying to stuff people into boxes a bit too early based on like 2 pages of game, but to answer your question I've had a bit of trouble getting a bead on Maker for most of the game so far. He's been very odd and random in much the same way that Credit usually is in these games. But Maker's tendency to write mountains of words without actually saying anything at all, and deciding to vote for me over a joke post certainly doesn't help his case at all from my POV.

As for Visceral, my townread on him was mostly based on the assumption that he would be explaining his reads and continuing to actually do things, so we'll just have to wait and see how that goes I guess.

Tumblr/Steam
01-06-2015, 08:48 AM
Ehh, "is" probably should have been "is being" or "was being", yeah. I was kind of talking from the perspective of being at that point in time, if that makes sense.

Visceral DID promise content and has failed to deliver so far, but there's still plenty of time for that. Interesting to see your reads on Visceral and maker aren't as strong as I thought, Coldblooded, is there anyone (me aside) you DO have a stronger read on?
01-06-2015, 09:05 AM
Hmm, Acio is acting like TownAcio, and Goomba is acting like ScumGoomba. (Based on a sample size of only one game but still.)

MusicalMaestro is probably also town.

Tumblr/Steam
01-06-2015, 09:13 AM
I am sorry if I don't get in much content, honors classes + musical isn't a good combo, but I'll try to go over thread tonight. Best of luck to everyone, and lastly

@dC i would never be so stupid as town to try and hammer anyone, ever, especially with 3 irl days left

I see dC's point about hammering him being -town and wouldn't do that.

"What is Love?" -- Mc Hammer. You are almost certain MC Hammer said that.
01-06-2015, 09:13 AM
I'll also get around to answering Acio's question

Unvote: Acionyx

01-06-2015, 09:26 AM
(01-06-2015 07:49 AM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  #89 MQuinny votes to lynch maker...#90 maker votes back specifically claiming OMGUS. I'm inclined to believe these votes are essentially random...wait is maker still on Quinny? There might be something more to that given how late it is. People didn't like maker's weird questioning so I'd guess that to be Quinny's motivation. #91 APW explicitly invokes it as motivation, this seems perfectly reasonable.
More or less, I guess. More like a wild stab at someone though. If a lynch-train suddenly built up on him, I'd actually think about that vote.

Though then he called me evil and it got personal. *sniff*

“One day you wake up and realize the world can be conquered.” - Doctor Impossible
01-06-2015, 09:31 AM
Posting from my work computer, guys. Turns out my hard drive just randomly died, and so I have been computerless. I'm trying to get it fixed replaced. Will read stuff ASAP, and if I don't have my computer fixed by D2 so that I can keep up a lot better, I might replace out.
01-06-2015, 09:37 AM
(01-06-2015 08:26 AM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  
(01-06-2015 08:24 AM)Mister Visceral Wrote:  Yes if I were maker's scum buddy I would totally say "Maker is town probably." Especially when he's not under that much scrutiny.

...isn't this just wine?

No it's logic.

Been at classes today and going to dinner now. Laterrrrrrrrrr

"We love eloquence for its own sake, and not for any truth which it may utter, or any heroism it may inspire."
-Henry David Thoreau
01-06-2015, 09:41 AM
Quote:If I'm honest, I have gotten a bit apathetic about this whole thing because I just can't see any scenario that doesn't end with me claiming to get out of the lynch. I'll try and shake that off, but it's seeming more and more like a foregone conclusion. Question for people voting for me, can you see any circumstances in which you DON'T want me to be the D1 lynch, short of a claim? (Don't tell me what they are).

Yes. Claims are not everything and never have been

I suppose I should make it clear: my stuff wrt claiming earlygame is in reaction to DHI where town was so tightfisted with claiming that it ended up hurting them.

Claiming in response to being lynched is not the end of the world and we won't all go down in flames because of it (most likely) but that doesn't mean that if you're town and have a lynch you that you shouldn't try to help without claiming first
01-06-2015, 09:54 AM
(01-06-2015 05:27 AM)Acionyx Wrote:  Do you agree or disagree with my above assesment and if you disagree then what's your opinion on Coldblooded/APW? If you suspect them more than maker/dc then do you think it's both or one and if both then who is scummier.

(01-05-2015 09:04 AM)Coldblooded Wrote:  @Goomba: what is your read on Palamedes and DC at the moment?

maker feels like town frustrated with RVS and trying to make content however possible, but not seeing how much actual stuff there is to post about. Very credit-like. Silliness D1 could be scum, but I think we should wait for D2 just to see if he starts making actual content.

dC is flooding the thread with justification, explanation and analysis. He seems to think that big, long, heavily justified arguments are a good thing and you're scummy if you don't make them for every single point. It would be scummy if he didn't feel so much like confused town.

Coldblooded seems like he's trying too hard to have opinions. He seemed ready to pounce on me before dC came up, and he's made little original content. Less suspicious than dC but more suspicious than maker.

I have no idea why APW's come under suspicion. He's kinda been lurky, but there are other lurkers.

Palamedes hasn't done too much. I have a very light townread on him, but I'm focusing on other people mainly.

(01-06-2015 07:01 AM)Palamedes Wrote:  If scum is on the dC lynch, who do you think it is in a scum!dC world? What about a town!dC one?

If dC's town, Coldblooded is suddenly really suspicious. If he's scum, I'd look a bit harder at maker but I'm not really sure about that.
01-06-2015, 10:15 AM
Yo Goomba, do you think DC's town or scum or what? You went back and forth on that like 4 times in the span of two paragraphs.

Tumblr/Steam
01-06-2015, 10:22 AM
dC feels scummy because of all the justification he's doing and the really long arguments. However, this is pretty much exactly like his play in DHI, where he was town. He's doing things that are really really scummy, and I want him dead because of that, but it's Day 1. If he's actually scum I will be pleasantly surprised.

Vote: dC because I forgot to do that earlier.
01-06-2015, 10:23 AM
EBWOP: Oops, Deadline Vote: dC instead.
01-06-2015, 10:31 AM
I

Okay then

Vote: Mecha_Goomba

01-06-2015, 10:32 AM
(Strokes chin thoughtfully.)

Unvote

Lynch Mecha_Goomba

Tumblr/Steam
01-06-2015, 10:46 AM
I've done a lot Goomba I'm offended >:'[

Except... he was/is?

(01-06-2015 09:54 AM)Mecha_Goomba Wrote:  It would be scummy if he didn't feel so much like confused town.
(01-06-2015 10:22 AM)Mecha_Goomba Wrote:  dC feels scummy because of all the justification he's doing and the really long arguments. However, this is pretty much exactly like his play in DHI, where he was town.

??? Like you even contradict yourself the second time. Am I missing something here? Vote: Goomba

Also @APW/Goomba: mM and maker aren't voting for dC.
01-06-2015, 10:48 AM
EBWOP: Well, that's exciting.
01-06-2015, 11:23 AM
There are two worlds I'm considering. World 1 is the world where dC is exactly as scummy as he looks. All the justification is scum justifying actions, and he's trying to hide beyond a smokescreen of words. World 2 is the world where dC is town and confused because he thinks he's doing everything exactly right and nobody's told him differently. Both worlds, from what we've seen, seem plausible.

I should give more weight to World 1 because a 50% scumread lynched on Day 1 is pretty good. I am giving more weight to World 2 because I really, really don't want to be responsible for a newbie getting lynched Day 1 and not knowing why.

dC is scummy. He is the best person to vote for. I want him lynched toDay. But the world where he's a newbie putting all the effort he is into the game and getting voted out before the meat of the gameplay starts without knowing why is just too plausible for me to ignore.

tl;dr: I'm an overemotional idiot.
01-06-2015, 11:33 AM
Please do not do that thing reaverb does where he capitalizes the ds and ms in today and tomorrow it freaks me out ;-;

Also did you play the same Dersehunt Intermission I did? Sure he was new, but he knew how to play the game and ultimately played it pretty well. I feel like you're putting too much on some perceived inexperience and ineptitude (also I don't know what you think he doesn't 'get').
01-06-2015, 11:34 AM
FYI, it's less "I think I'm doing everything right" and more "this is kinda how I tend to do things". It...might be less useful as a lynch target :/

I did also think I was including actual play amongst the justifications (at least after getting over the whole "THERE'S NOTHING IN THE GAME BUT PEOPLE HATING ME" tizzy with a little prompting from pala) but yeah.
01-06-2015, 11:37 AM
NINJA EBWOP: @Pala: It's important to remember that I was never seriously pressured in Dersehunt, and the one time where I really copped any I invested my effort in trying to hint at Visceral that I'd passed him the gun.

So I have a decent idea but I was never in an actually difficult situation, it was very much an opportunity to digest everything in the thread at my own pace and contribute. Contrast this situation where I'm under a lot of pressure to make meaningful contributions from very little information, which plays a lot less to stuff I'm good at.
01-06-2015, 11:46 AM
@Palamedes
I am not voting either side for right now until tomorrow probably. I can't think of many situations where this huge 6 person train on dC will change and if you guys want me to, I'll hammer, but I would do so extremely hesitantly.

01-06-2015, 12:11 PM
I was being biased toward what makes a good story when I analyzed dC. I don't think it's likely that dC is the confusedest newbie ever now that I think things over, but I did at the time.
01-06-2015, 12:25 PM
Mmmkay. I'm not actually sure what to make of either Goomba or people who jumped on (heh) Goomba...

Goomba I feel like was basically saying "I agree with you guys about DC but I have a niggling feeling", although somewhat inelegantly. I find half the wagon hopping to Goomba weird but am failing to see a scummy justification for it (...setting up a mislynch for tomorrow, maybe?). Could APW and Coldblooded explain why Goomba's couple of posts made Goomba scummier than me?

A few people have pointed out that Coldblooded looks kind of odd in town!DC worlds...I'm actually perfectly happy with how Coldblooded hopped onto my lynch (heading out of the thread for the night, leave vote on wagon is not necessarily scum behaviour) although Coldblooded's general tendency towards statements with little justification (presumably assuming the justification is self-evident?) is noticeable.
01-06-2015, 12:26 PM
Vote Mecha_Goomba

He's jumping on a bandwagon after giving conflicting reads, and his story doesn't add up for me.

That said, I'm also getting confused town vibes from dC, as opposed to my read on Coldblooded, who has been eager to jump on wagons. Real aggressive for his usual playstyle, and doesn't look super great for me.

Maker wasn't in enough trouble to warrant a scumbuddy defense that early in the game. I gave my read because I could see the lynch going in a wrong direction and wanted to intervene. It wouldn't be worth outing myself that early, which is why suspecting me is unreasonable.

-Henry David Thoreau
01-06-2015, 12:27 PM
(01-06-2015 12:25 PM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  niggling

I'm unsure whether this is a word, and especially unsure whether it's naughty.

-Henry David Thoreau
01-06-2015, 12:37 PM
nig·gling
(nĭg′lĭng)
adj.
Annoying, troubling, or irritating in a petty way

Nagging may have been more appropriate

And ah right it's distinct from wine-y "scum have no reason to do that" arguments in that "scum have an active reason NOT to do that" is what you're actually arguing in this case.

On the other hand, you say maker wasn't in enough trouble to warrant a scumbuddy defense but then in the same sentence that you acted because you were worried about maker getting lynched? How is that not enough trouble to warrant a scumbuddy defense? Surely it's better to get in early with those to deflect the concern before it becomes obvious that's what you're doing.
01-06-2015, 12:48 PM
Quote:makerofthegames, I'd like to hear from you why you think Visceral thinks you're town, and your opinion on Visceral.
Because of this:
Quote:Worth noting that maker is unorthodox and often comes across as scummy scum. He's like Zatch but slightly more tactful.
Is probably why he said I'm town. I'm not sure I completely agree with him, HOWEVER, my mafia games in this forum..usually multiple people end up saying stuff like "He's just..too scummy to be scum." I dunno. It's happened. More than once. He's probably thinking back on that.

(01-06-2015 08:42 AM)Coldblooded Wrote:  But Maker's [...] and deciding to vote for me over a joke post certainly doesn't help his case at all from my POV.
It didn't seem like a joke post? I certainly didn't feel the sarcasm that was apparently oozing out of the pores of that post... ..Sorry? Not sorry enough to unvote, though.

Also this credit guy seems interesting links to anything he's ever said? I 'dunno I don't think I remember him from stuff I've been in...

Visceral Wrote:Maker wasn't in enough trouble to warrant a scumbuddy defense that early in the game. I gave my read because I could see the lynch going in a wrong direction and wanted to intervene. It wouldn't be worth outing myself that early, which is why suspecting me is unreasonable.
I agree also I think you're town one hundred thousand percent. Forever.

Seriously Though, if I had to pick a scumteam, you'd at least not be in it currently.

I was asked about Acio, I have a town read on him currently, his posts have been short and to the point, asking questions that aren't stupid--stuff like that.
01-06-2015, 12:49 PM
(01-06-2015 12:26 PM)Mister Visceral Wrote:  Maker wasn't in enough trouble to warrant a scumbuddy defense that early in the game. I gave my read because I could see the lynch going in a wrong direction and wanted to intervene. It wouldn't be worth outing myself that early, which is why suspecting me is unreasonable.

I don't know, I find that doing it while they're under moderate (read: not light or heavy) is the best time to defend scumbuddies, worked for me with Goomba in DHI. Plus, like Acio said scum is in a bit of a rough spot if they lose a member D1.

I don't remember Coldblooded's playstyle (I think it's been a long time since I played a serious game with him where we were both being generally active) but I actually felt pretty good about his jump to Goomba? Like Acio said this game needs to be played aggressively by town and I think he's doing that. Was a bit offput by him just jumping for no reason onto maker and (seemingly) dC but after his justifications I feel pretty solid there.

Feel vaguely better about Goomba just because he was way more careful with his reads and posts in DHI, but I don't get his reads on me/Coldblooded/APW at all (we've all been active and important in recent things) so I'm going to keep a vote there until he explains himself and I sort out whether I want to go back to dC or start poking at Visceral.
01-06-2015, 12:50 PM
Pala if you could shoot someone right now, who would it be?
01-06-2015, 12:55 PM
Well from my perspective I don't quite "get" the jump onto Goomba. Those posts were kinda weird but I was surprised that they were weird enough to deflect attention off me? It honestly might just be that I'd consider it a courtesy for people to offer a sentence or two with their votes even if they think the reasoning is obvious (unless you're trying to see how people react to the vote without knowing why you cast it, as is the case with me...and I guess COULD also be the case with Goomba).

...actually yeah if that's what Coldblooded is doing it makes a lot more sense. I'm still keeping an eye out there though, because it'd ALSO be a good excuse to later hop on people for scummy reasons and not be noticed.
01-06-2015, 12:56 PM
Right this second? Probably you, maybe mM. You because you came back to just defend Visceral (and avoid talking about anything other than him and you), mM because while I think his similar non-involvement is suspect I'm also getting mad pE flashbacks from DHI and would like to save us the time of having to sort him out either way.

Who would you shoot?