Complete Credithunt [Mafia Wins!]
01-16-2015, 11:11 AM
RE: Credithunt [11/13] [D2: Sleeping With Fish]
Nono, I'm upset at myself for switching to MV temporarily. Should've stuck to my guns.
01-16-2015, 11:20 AM
Moderately incongruent with

(01-15-2015 05:15 PM)makerofthegames Wrote:  I'm on my phone. I read your entire back and forth. Visceral seems like a very whiny scum. Like, the odds of him being town are low, but even if the possibility of him being scum wasn't so high I'd want him gone. Imagine he's scum putting on this charade, and it somehow works. We'd all look like a bunch of jackasses.

Have you just changed your mind on this (that's an acceptable answer, if easy and a bit boring), or is there something else going on?
01-16-2015, 11:35 AM
Well that was an interesting turn.

As much as I'd like to claim right now, it won't help anything, since it looks like we're already looking at a quickly growing foreclosure tonight that I would only be adding steam to. All I can say is that I'd much rather stay hard on MV. Reading through Acio's post (and this is purely me not understanding), I'm not fully seeing why Worlds 1 and 4 are written off as improbable, especially One.

And I also wouldn't mind drawing attention to how quickly MV not only jumped onto my wagon but double voted onto it.
01-16-2015, 11:36 AM
dichotomousCreator Wrote:Mod clarification on whether dead mafia members join the dead town chat or not.

They do not. Dead mafia members remain in mafiachat, and still provide a credit per day they are dead.

Mister Visceral also shuffles the stocks, gaining public favor. His vote is now worth double.

Doublevotals

Mercerenies (3+2): Acionyx, Mister Visceral, [dichotomousCreator], [makerofthegames]
Mister Visceral (1+3): [musicalMaestro], [reaverb], phantomEclipse, [Mercerenies]
makerofthegames (1): Palamedes

Abstaining: MQuinny1234, speedchuck

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Deadline is January 15th, 10PM EST (~2.5 hours from now).

and now, hunger does what sorrow could never do
website | @tehpilot
01-16-2015, 11:51 AM
Alright. DIRECTOR! Listen up. The two targeting groups are: {Acionyx, Reaverb, MM, Speedchuck, Quinny} and {dichotomousCreator, Mister Visceral, phantomEclipse, Palamedes, makerofthegames, Mercerenies}. The former group is "APW was town", and the latter group is "APW was scum". I will attempt to lead deadchat in giving credits ONLY to people of the group representing our information if I am foreclosed.

Note that there will definitely be three dead town, so we should be able to organize a majority, and that the refinancer's odds of bussing a deadcredit are both low and contingent on there not being 4+ dead town (in which case there's 2/3 odds the refinancer is already dead). Town is free to attempt to figure out who got deadcredits publicly so that not only the Director has this information, but be aware that any form of receiving credit appears the same.

@Merc: I already noted MV jumping on every wagon that isn't his and I'm not particularly liking it. The doublevote I actually count as a point FOR MV having done it immediately, as it's very likely to be a simple waste of credits as scum, credits they need for foreclosing and night actions.

However: World 1 is written off as improbable as what we've seen publicly isn't how scum would likely act in World 1.

Also however, I'm not nearly as comfortable about the Merc lynch as Acio is. Amusingly you popping in right now after having turbolurked throughout the entire discussion actually speaks very poorly of you. Seriously, where were you for the entirety of page 14? It's a pretty critical juncture and the most obvious reason for you not stepping in is that we were mislynching the shit out of everybody and why mess with it?

@Visceral: Any reason for jumping on both maker and merc as soon as they were picked up, beyond them being "a target who isn't you" or "the alternative to a no lynch"?
01-16-2015, 11:57 AM
EBWOP: Additionally, feel free to specify targeting groups for additional ouija-style questions. Note that dead townies effectively get to see other dead players "flip" as per a regular mafia game (as opposed to a witch hunt), so we will almost always have useful information for you. We will know if the Director is dead, too. (If people suspect that of being the case, the possibility of having people claim to have received a deadcredit exists and will largely provide the same results provided that only the mafia lie about it in any capacity, albeit being much more difficult and complicated to organize).
01-16-2015, 12:04 PM
TRIPLE POST EBWOP: I am willing to change the question to investigate today's lynch target instead if town as a whole would prefer it, but I believe answering the APW thing will provide more information on the whole. (Especially if we DO lynch merc, as interactions with merc have been fairly low all around). On the other hand, if merc "flips" town you might really want to lynch Visceral tomorrow so I don't know. Also Mod Clarification: I'm making the assumption given that dead credits are handed out at daystart that players who die N2 have a credit to deliver D3. Is that correct? (If so what are the logistics on that exactly? Do I find out I was nightkilled before the night phase ends and get asked to deliver? Do I deliver once the day's already begun?). If that's NOT correct then does the D2 lynch victim have a credit to give? (Basically I want to know which of the following is true: D2 lynch AND night kill victims have a credit to give D3, D2 lynch victims ONLY have a credit for D3, or nobody who died on D2 has a credit to give D3).

@Acio: I would like a bit more reasoning behind this merc lynch, if you can provide it. I am getting the general gist that merc's a good target in the most likely scenario and an okay target in the next most likely, but the inactivity lynching still worries me after DHI.

Also a casual reminder that Visceral still isn't off the hook and I'd like to hear what you have to say about the immediate jumping to anyone that isn't you. While the doublevote is marginally to your credit (hehe), if you believe it was that or get lynched it's a perfectly reasonable scum play too.
01-16-2015, 12:07 PM
dichotomousCreator Wrote:Mod Clarification: I'm making the assumption given that dead credits are handed out at daystart that players who die N2 have a credit to deliver D3. Is that correct? (If so what are the logistics on that exactly? Do I find out I was nightkilled before the night phase ends and get asked to deliver? Do I deliver once the day's already begun?). If that's NOT correct then does the D2 lynch victim have a credit to give? (Basically I want to know which of the following is true: D2 lynch AND night kill victims have a credit to give D3, D2 lynch victims ONLY have a credit for D3, or nobody who died on D2 has a credit to give D3).

Both D2 lynch and N2 kill victims will give credits on D3.

I get a lot of questions about this mechanic, so to clarify: a player who is dead for the entire duration of a Day cycle may give a player of their choice a credit at the end of said day. Dead town players share a chat, while dead mafia players remain in mafiachat.

Hopefully that clears things up.

website | @tehpilot
01-16-2015, 12:15 PM
Quote:Seriously, where were you for the entirety of page 14? It's a pretty critical juncture and the most obvious reason for you not stepping in is that we were mislynching the shit out of everybody and why mess with it?
Sleeping, mostly. For the first half of the page, that is.

I didn't really have much to say since my vote was on the candidate I still wanted to lynch and I had said most everything I needed to say about that vote in particular.

Now, deadchat. By the time you get the ability to distribute tokens, there will be lots and lots of dead. If a few of them are scum, they'll be busy lying, and unless I'm mistaken the Director doesn't get to know who gives the credits; just who receives them. So how exactly are we to distinguish between your credits and a possible scum outlier?
01-16-2015, 12:17 PM
Quote: Worlds 1 and 4 are written off as improbable, especially One.

If palamedes/speedchuck (or one of the two) is a teammate in that world: their play is extremely weird because they're doing nothing to get the lynch away and they're also not taking advantage of it to bus when for most of the day I've been blindly townreading them

The alternative is you/maestro/reaver/quinny filling the other two scumslots. Quinny is a bad choice for the same reasons as pala/speed, reaver/maestro would be required to bus him really hard. You could be bussing him in a standard fashion and pfffdon'tcare to that

World four /is/ possible but the only teammate I can find that fits it is quinny and that requires his reaction to both of his teammates being lynched to be complaining and doing nothing else. And he's more competent as scum than that from my own experience

Quote:@Acio: I would like a bit more reasoning behind this merc lynch, if you can provide it. I am getting the general gist that merc's a good target in the most likely scenario and an okay target in the next most likely, but the inactivity lynching still worries me after DHI.

The above spells out some of it. The reason I voted him a bit ago was that he hopped the maker lynch and then the mv lynch after listing me/you as townreads and maker/mv as scumreads (when they were the leading lynches)

I've been going through reaver/speed/pala in the meantime and I /think/ reaver is town. I can't see scum deciding to drop a vote on a lynch "because townreads" and then vanish when it could result in a claim.

Speedchuck joined the APW lynch in a way that is /ridiculously/ hard bussing if he were a teammate whereas pala joined it when it was closing in on majority and made snark about APW bussing (Terminal 13 APW bussed pala hard enough to win the game)

Maestro asking about whether we were certain APW was scum and why the change to maker are both things I don't think scum would bother with. They tend to go with the flow of assumptions about dead players alignments and worrying about lynch switching between two town is unnecessary

Quinny I wouldn't mind assassinating but metawise he's more "in" the game when he's scum than town and he's really lackluster here.

Merc/Pala/APW is what I think the gamestate is
01-16-2015, 12:29 PM
Alright, let me just get this out there right now, since it looks like I might not survive the day.

Sidekick! I'm talking to you. If APW is town and I'm lynched tonight, you'll activate. You need to take my role if this happens. Whether or not you claim tomorrow, take my role. The only reason I feel confident saying this is that if I'm not lynched the mafia would most likely rather foreclose on DC and possibly Maker tonight than take a shot at me without knowing exactly who I am.

Of course that's all null and void anyway if APW was scum. But hey, worth a shot.
01-16-2015, 12:37 PM
OH! So deadcredits are handed out at day END. That explains a lot.

Alright. So that means you won't be able to use your information until D4 start, Director, and it's a little dicey that you'll survive until then. It also means that info on APW may be out of date by this point.

As such, I encourage town to decide what they want an answer to during D3. I do not believe we will know whether your D3 lynch victim was town when we give our credits, as the lynching ends the day so I believe our choice of credit is handed out the instant the lynch occurs (i.e. once we've found out whether the lynched player joined our chat or not, we've already made our decision). As such, do NOT ask to know about the D3 lynch. Valid questions are:

- Any lynch EXCEPT the current day's. We can tell you whether they were town or mafia.
- Any town role. We can tell you whether they are alive or dead. USE WITH CAUTION, as it narrows down foreclosure possibilities. This is a good option for testing a scum claim, as we can declare that the role is dead and if it is NOT dead a CC is possible
- "Don't answer a question" is a legitimate request, if you believe the mechanical effect of the dead credits is currently more important than the information.

We will act on the question that receives the most support in the form of explicit Italicized votes for a question in the form Ouija: Was APW Town (Option 1) or Scum (Option 2)?. The vote groups being used will be decided on by a similar plurality vote of the form Votegroups: {Acionyx, Reaverb, MM, Speedchuck, Quinny} OPTION 1 and {dichotomousCreator, Mister Visceral, phantomEclipse, Palamedes, makerofthegames, Mercerenies} OPTION 2. Questions and votegroups must EXPLICITLY specify options 1 and 2 to avoid ANY chance of confusion.

Bear in mind that WE CANNOT COMMUNICATE WITH YOU OUTSIDE OF THESE ANSWERS. Any attempt to modify how this system works once I am dead will be ignored, so please raise any objections you have NOW, while we can still discuss them. We will not attempt to change how this operates once I have passed on because WE WILL BE UNABLE TO INFORM YOU OF THE NEW RULES and thus it will NOT BE KNOWN if we have accepted the change in rules. Thus there will be NO RULE CHANGES UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES ONCE I HAVE DIED. Anyone who attempts to propose any will be ignored by dead chat and should be treated suspiciously by town.

I encourage people to openly claim their earnings if a question is put openly to the dead. Not only does this potentially answer the question for EVERYONE rather than just the director (and in the case of whether a dead player was town or not, the mafia already know), but if living the director can potentially catch out someone who lies about receiving/not receiving dead credits. Townies: DON'T DO THAT. Scum: The director is probably alive so y'all had best not do that either.

When proposing votegroups bear in mind that a votegroup becomes useless if a large enough number of the people in it are scum or night killed. We will probably only be able to keep this up for a day or two as a result. Please propose vote groups with an eye to there being enough town that's likely to survive in each one to make it useful, and bear in mind that less credits than expected may occur if somebody who was night killed was given one. (We will endeavour NOT to double up whenever it is possible)

hey am I the only one who thinks a game with this as an explicit mechanic in its own right, where the players vote for a question to receive a yes or no answer from the dead about, would be interesting?

PREVIEW EDIT: Merc, there's more dead town than dead scum. If some credits go to the wrong group the majority will still go to the correct one provided deadtown sticks with me. This may even be a valuable indicator that some of the dead are scum if, like, one credit goes to one answer and the rest go to the other one. Note that there are a MAXIMUM of two dead scum (three and we've won the game, lol), so so long as there are more than two dead town (a fact guaranteed at D3's end if foreclosure occurs) we can outvote them. Indeed, a tie is only possible if the living mafia lie about receiving a credit (Director catches them) or two dead mafia give credits to the wrong group and a member of the right group who received a credit is murdered. (In which case, the group who has a murdered member is the tiebreaker). Refinancing I do not believe can bus deadcredits, as they are an end of day activity rather than a night one.

@Acio: Fair bit of meta, but it must be said that I don't like merc's tone so far after having suddenly popped up when lynch pressure appeared. That makes it much more likely to me that merc has been choosing not to post all that much, and the little content merc HAS posted has been pretty hoppy (almost feels like a token effort to seem engaged with the game).

Merc raises a good point re:sidekick, should they claim tomorrow if they activate? It might be necessary enough if we've gone that far off the rails. Regarding towniness of the sidekick addressing post,
01-16-2015, 12:42 PM
EBWOP: In the case of a tie, the item proposed FIRST will be the item considered to win the vote.
01-16-2015, 12:43 PM
DOUBLE EBWOP BECAUSE I AM STUPID: In regards to Merc's latest post, it's relatively null. Could be legit, could be a last-ditch effort for scum to avoid being lynched.

Does raise concerns about the whole "lynch people who aren't doing much when scum DO do a lot" issue though.
01-16-2015, 12:46 PM
I wouldn't mind switching to pala before deadline but I'm not sure it would be possible

Also I keep thinking over this and I think inasmuch as credits relate to roles I've already blown delicacy on it: I don't have enough to do another doublevote today
01-16-2015, 12:59 PM
Yeah I kinda figured that. Nobody does unless they were targeted by the Investor N1 or are a member of the mafia anyway. It's not really a role delicacy thing?

Anyway. Pala lynch seems a little tenuous based on what we have so far, doesn't it?

Additionally: If anyone sees any problems with the Ouija prototype please tell me, and if I DON'T die I'd still like to specify it as THE system for deadchat to use, finalized with close of business today.
01-16-2015, 01:02 PM
Tenuous yeah but it's either a team of low activity players or there's an experienced player in there (speed/pala/reaver) and I think pala's the most likely of those three
01-16-2015, 01:04 PM
Most likely enough that that argument alone is enough to make you desire a pala lynch? I am mildly concerned that you're spooked after DHI, I'll admit.
01-16-2015, 01:14 PM
...huh. I just realized that I can actually pick who out of merc or visceral dies as they're both at L-2 without my vote and I have a doublevote available.

That's kind of scary.

(My current vote should indicate my current stance on the matter)
01-16-2015, 01:19 PM
Umm, first off, I would like to know what bus/bussing is and why I'm being accused of it.
Secondly, if the sidekick claims tomorrow that almost destroys my chances of claiming without foreclosure.
If everyone thinks I'm town enough to not need to claim under pressure, I think that sidekick claiming might be a good thing. He won't ever have a chance to use his powers if he claims d3 and bites the dust tomorrow night unless somehow he is saved.

All in all, knowing whether or not APW and tonights lynch are town/one being maf/both being maf could be important. It could shift everyone's viewpoint on everyone else.

"What is Love?" -- Mc Hammer. You are almost certain MC Hammer said that.
01-16-2015, 01:28 PM
Bussing is where one scum player treats another scum player as scum in-thread in order to seem more town. At the lowest level, this involves hopping on a lynch wagon that's on a temmate in order to avoid looking suspicious for having stayed off it. At the most extreme levels it can involve crazy things like starting and hard pushing a lynch on a teammate in order to seem town confirmed.

Sidekick claiming is contingent entirely on the mafia foreclosing tonight. If they do so, they don't have the benefit of knowing any living roles any more and thus a single claim doesn't give them any bonus kills. Under those circumstances you claiming would grant the mafia a single bonus kill again...hrm. Depends.
01-16-2015, 01:29 PM
Oh and MM, could you throw a deadline vote on Merc? Ordinarily I wouldn't just ask straight up but I'm going to be forced to double vote otherwise so it's just a question of "dC loses two credits" vs. "dC does not lose two credits"
01-16-2015, 01:50 PM
Alright, well that's curtains for D2. I probably won't live to see the morning, and I may have just doomed us all by letting myself be swayed onto merc. That's not fatal if it's true and I expect the inquisitive among you (which SHOULD be all of you) will want to know whether either merc or APW were mafia or not. You'll want to work out which one of those is more important for your worldview and set up the Ouija accordingly. Don't forget that Ouija: Don't answer a question, instead do XYZ with your credits is a legitimate Ouija vote, but I don't expect it to be the best option tomorrow. Don't forget to vote for voting groups as well, we'll need those to actually convey the information. Choose them sensibly.

Anyway, this has all gotten to be a bit too much for me so I think I'll donate most of my fortune to charity and get out of the business before some goon freezes my assets. Maybe I'll take a nice holiday somewhere far away from all this nonsense. I'll keep a few tabs on the situation and do what I can, but I just don't think I'm cut out for such a high-pressure life. A bit of parting advice first, though...

Read #712. Make use of the dead. Keep your eyes open. Use your best judgment on the Sidekick issue. And good luck.

Doublevote: Mercerenies. Adios.

*DC walks dramatically out of the exchange, probably never to be seen again*
01-16-2015, 01:53 PM
(01-16-2015 11:51 AM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  @Visceral: Any reason for jumping on both maker and merc as soon as they were picked up, beyond them being "a target who isn't you" or "the alternative to a no lynch"?

I've expressed a scumread on maker pretty much all day. Merc has been pretty under -the-radar all day, enough that lynching him makes sense.

"We love eloquence for its own sake, and not for any truth which it may utter, or any heroism it may inspire."
-Henry David Thoreau
01-16-2015, 02:25 PM
End of Day Two Votals

Mercerenies (3+3): Acionyx, Mister Visceral, [dichotomousCreator], [makerofthegames]
Mister Visceral (1+3): [musicalMaestro], [reaverb], phantomEclipse, [Mercerenies]
makerofthegames (1): Palamedes

Abstaining: MQuinny1234, speedchuck

--

In a bit of a time crunch due to travel, so we'll keep things quick.

Mercerenies has been lynched.

Night Two ends January 17th, 10PM EST. Please get actions in promptly.

More flavor coming soon.

website | @tehpilot
01-18-2015, 02:05 PM
RE: Credithunt [10/13] [N2: Pink Slips]
[Image: o7wNsED.jpg?1]
DAY THREE

ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding

Another day looking for deposits to unscrupulous Soviet banks. This morning opens up with more members of the Thirteen getting locked out of their systems and promptly fired. Media outlets are abuzz as this latest round of elimination has claimed two lives.

reaverb and Acionyx have been murdered.

Well isn't that the bee's knees? Or a load of bull-market shit? Are my awful attempts at stock market jokes un-bear market-able? I'll stop now.

Day Three ends January 22nd, 10PM EST (~120 hours from now).

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Livelist (8/13):
Mister Visceral
dichotomousCreator
phantomEclipse
musicalMaestro
Palamedes
speedchuck
MQuinny1234
makerofthegames

website | @tehpilot
01-18-2015, 02:19 PM
RE: Credithunt [8/13] [D3: Fired On Arrival]
OMG
OMG OMG
OMG
OMG

IT WORKED!!!!!

It's time to, T-T-T-T-T-T TRIPLE POST
01-18-2015, 02:19 PM
I CANT BELIEVE IT ACTUALLY WORKED!!

01-18-2015, 02:20 PM
but at what cost, sadly.

01-18-2015, 02:22 PM
first thing's first vote: mquinny

you

01-18-2015, 02:23 PM
...right, okay. The chances that one of those wasn't the Assassin are astronomically low. (Would have to be a double foreclosure and why would maker and/or myself not have been hit? They probably could have ended the game if they'd nailed four townies and would have done so). So I think it's fair to assume that our Assassin friend activated N2.

The real question is, did the assassin fail a hit and die? I have a very nasty feeling that they did. Probably reaverb. Acio was likely the night victim, and they're saving foreclosure for later. Hence my continued existence. I'm almost tempted to ask the assassin to claim if they hit reaverb but that's basically an invitation for scum to do so if reaverb WAS the assassin so, uh, nobody do that. I believe reaverb was since I don't think there was much reason for the assassin to target there all things considered. That means somebody (likely Visceral, if I'm being honest) who reaverb believed was a sure scum bet was targeted and missed, OR the refinancer got involved. (The latter is distinctly possible given how much heat Visceral was taking, but I believe the less likely of the two options).

So. Who looks bad? If I'm being meta, people who have played with Acio a lot before. Maker, were you able to cop result last night (I think dead credits would be necessary but as an outed cop SOMEone may have tossed you one), and if so I think public result declaration is the way to go, we need to narrow the field as much as possible. (There is still the slim possibility that maker somehow got insanely lucky and Coldblooded was the Inspector, but it's risk-taking time so we're gonna ignore that. If the Inspector neglected to CC, then we might be in trouble, but I think we have to take maker's claim at face value to have a chance here).

Ouija system stands as-is. Ouija: Was Mercerenies town (OPTION 1) or scum (OPTION 2)? Votegroups: {dichotomousCreator, MM, Speedchuck, Palamedes} OPTION 1 and {Mister Visceral, phantomEclipse, MQuinny, makerofthegames} OPTION 2.

Anyway. Note that we COULD be at MYLO (Mislynch and lose) right now if we have failed to hit any scum with our two lynches so far. However, a likely reason for Acio's death might have been the lynch on merc being on point (hence why I want to know about THAT one specifically). As such I will not be voting before I duck out (see next paragraph)

I'm leaving for the airport in like half an hour and will make every effort to remain online while away. If I end up completely falling off the map (i.e. no posts for like two or three days) a replacement may be necessary, I apologize in advance if this ends up being the case.

PREVIEW EDIT: ...pE, I don't know if I want an explanation of that, but at the same time I really want an explanation of that. Don't provide any new information, but how much -EV is involved with new information?

casually ignores dramatic exit post D2
01-18-2015, 02:23 PM
no wait, vote: MisterVisceral

YOU

WHY did you use a double vote?

01-18-2015, 02:24 PM
EBWOP: Actually, tell me whether my analysis of the two night deaths is wrong/invalidated by information you have or believe you have. Say nothing else.
01-18-2015, 02:25 PM
(01-16-2015 01:36 AM)phantomEclipse Wrote:  
(01-04-2015 07:30 AM)Acionyx Wrote:  Worth noting:

I think assassin and investor are safe claims for day one?

Like ideally hide and all but if getting run up for a lynch then trueclaiming as either of those isn't a huge deal and counterclaiming one is even less

Mainly because it bears mentioning that eliminating at least one scum ASAP hamstrings scum's foreclosure capability by a /lot/ if we get one day one. I don't think sacrifice plays are as vital as they are for DHI but a D1 scumlynch in this setup is incredibly valuable.

Here, DC. This post is relevant, but your claim REALLY messed it up for me.

01-18-2015, 02:26 PM
but yeah, total excitement bust, that should be obvious what my role is.

01-18-2015, 02:26 PM
in other words, we've got 3 people on the chopping block

01-18-2015, 02:28 PM

Vote: pE

I think you're scum, you know the assassin missed, and the refinancer bussed you with town last night so that the real assassin would go after you for your assassin softclaim, miss, and die.

For evidence, I present that going for Acio or reaverb as the Assassin last night would have been incredibly risky and that if you were town the mafia would have triple foreclosed us last night instead of murdering Acio.

Response?
01-18-2015, 02:28 PM
my opinion still stands, i need to know WHY vic would use a double vote for any reason other than to save himself. (which in reality, he didnt need the double vote)

01-18-2015, 02:30 PM
OKAY DC, WATCH THIS SHIT:

Im the assassin

yknow why? 1. ive been protown the whole game!

2. why would i flip the fuck out when day started?

3. why would i hint investor/assassin on previous day

4. why would i be worried about if i died yesterday?

5. THE ONLY WAY I COULDVE GOTTEN ENOUGH CREDITS, WOULD BE IF INVESTOR GAVE THEM TO ME NIGHT ONE

01-18-2015, 02:30 PM
i literally asked for the safekeeper because i thought i was gonna die from hitting town

01-18-2015, 02:32 PM
hmm, looking back, i cant seem to find whenever i asked safekeeper to consider me. maybe i thought it would be too revealing.

but again DC,
(01-18-2015 02:25 PM)phantomEclipse Wrote:  
(01-16-2015 01:36 AM)phantomEclipse Wrote:  
(01-04-2015 07:30 AM)Acionyx Wrote:  Worth noting:

I think assassin and investor are safe claims for day one?

Like ideally hide and all but if getting run up for a lynch then trueclaiming as either of those isn't a huge deal and counterclaiming one is even less

Mainly because it bears mentioning that eliminating at least one scum ASAP hamstrings scum's foreclosure capability by a /lot/ if we get one day one. I don't think sacrifice plays are as vital as they are for DHI but a D1 scumlynch in this setup is incredibly valuable.

Here, DC. This post is relevant, but your claim REALLY messed it up for me.

this was because if you adnt claimed donor, i couldve claimed d1 and this wouldve been so much easier

01-18-2015, 02:34 PM
and thinking of it this way, mafia is down to at most 2, possibly one left.

they have the foreclosure on 3 of us. so we have to look at everyone else. No one else can claim for risk of foreclosure (which WILL happen tonight if we dont get the scum)

01-18-2015, 02:38 PM
Deadline: pE. I'm leaving RIGHT NOW and thus do not have time to change this vote.

So I'm presuming you were aiming to get an innocent result at worst by asking for the Safekeeper and targeting someone? With this in mind:

1) Why reaverb? (I'm assuming you didn't go for Acio). Especially given that you're suspicious of Visceral on the grounds of that double vote, why not Visceral?

2) Speculate on why the mafia didn't triple foreclose? You were pretty obvious yesterday. (Likely answer, Acio is just THAT much of a threat and they're aiming to foreclose out the game when they get the chance).

(I will be out of commission for a little while, please consider the pE thing carefully and do not lynch rashly).
01-18-2015, 02:39 PM
SO your deadman trio: Maker, DC, PE are there.

and IMO, the lynching should start as such: MV*, Mquinny, Palamedes, Speed, MM

MV, couldve either been being bussed, or he is actually town (hence the complaining yesterday)

So yeah actually, with that being said,vote: Mquinny again. he is now at the top of my list. Palamedes has been a bit quiet for my tastes and speed is being speed.

im still like freaking out, because that was a 2/10 shot of hitting scum im sure

01-18-2015, 02:43 PM
One last thing before I go: DEADLINE VOTES ARE YOUR FRIEND. EVERYONE SHOULD DEADLINE VOTE UNLESS THEY WANT A QUICKHAMMER, IN WHICH CASE THEY ARE PROBABLY SCUM.
01-18-2015, 02:49 PM
The thing is also DC, (i know youre gone), but if we mislynch today,and there are two mafia left, then it will be game over. (8-1-3=4/2=2:2=mafia wins)

So this of all days is not the day, to suddenly push me. I'll bet you ANYTHING. that mafia will be on that train whenever it appears safe to enter.

with that being said. I suggest everyone vote with deadline votes today. no one wants to risk a double vote-game over
[deadline: Mquinny [/b]

My options last night were either Acio, or Reaverb

i was like "man, ima laugh so hard if 'scum-cio' is real. (it obviously isnt) But it hit me. Reaverb, had sorta just been sitting in the back the entire time it seemed. He replaced in, giving him enough air to breathe and throw off some suspicion.

But in that moment of desperation, i had to go with my gut. "yolo this bitch! kill: reaverb"

In any case now, it's up to what? me and you DC? to figure this out? We have to look at what we have.

Im like 80% sure MV is town with his whole "please dont lynch me, im always mislynched" shpeal.

MM is just too harmless to me. being all lurky in the shadows. noobness and all.

Speed, who finally has his computer fixed, should be around to help out. though im honestly surprised he has survived this long. (since like, the 3 games ive played with him, he dies early on)

Palamedes is my secondary after Mquinny because I feel like he should be here....more. He is most certainly good at appearing null/town when mafia, and i keep that in mind. So the question is.

who looked worse Pala/Mquinny? Im going to go over the pages right now

01-18-2015, 02:50 PM
ebwop: deadline: mquinny

01-18-2015, 02:52 PM
again, DO NOT CLAIM. WE ARE AT POSSIBLE MYLO

plus it would be pretty dumb and not fun

01-18-2015, 03:06 PM
Wow. I'm not sure whether to high five you or punch you in the face, pE. Give me a minute.
01-18-2015, 03:09 PM
All of Palamede's Page 12 Posts (none were on any past that, as of now)

(01-14-2015 05:32 AM)Palamedes Wrote:  
(01-13-2015 10:29 AM)reaverb Wrote:  @Pala
What do you think of Acio's logic there has to be a member of the scumteam between you and MV?

Honestly I see the logic, and Visceral is someone I'm fine lynching (and will probably move my vote to before dayend if needed since it seems like nothing else is going to happen), but following vote analysis 100% (especially when they lead to dichotomies) aren't things one should solely rely on. In a Vic!town world, unlikely as it is, it's really bad news. Scum loves to jump on that sort of thing since it allows them to divert the blame ("I swear I was only following votals!") and get two mislynches, which town cannot really afford in a 13 player game.

(01-13-2015 01:29 PM)makerofthegames Wrote:  No, I never said anything of the sort. A bit ago I was talking about my lack of strong scumleads, which lead me to suspecting the lurkers--but it'd be misleading to say that I'm just attacking lurkers, as that would imply I'm attacking them simply because they're lurking, with no outside context.

TL;DR: No, but yeah kinda. (no, though)

You said that your top scumreads (which is the same as bottom townreads) were there because of lack of content. I could quote you but I really want to know if you've honestly forgotten that or if you're scum trying to weasel your way out of this.

(01-13-2015 01:49 PM)phantomEclipse Wrote:  Anyways, here is a real question:

@everyone: if you were investor, who would you pick?
No. Worst case this is rolefishing and you're scum, best case it's just a 'who's your top townread' variation and thus basically pointless. (BTW my top townread besides dC is probably Acio.)

(01-14-2015 08:38 AM)Palamedes Wrote:  If you're going after them because of a lack of activity and you'd totally go after someone else if you had something, you're still going after them because of a lack of activity. To quote you:

(01-12-2015 07:12 AM)makerofthegames Wrote:  You're not. I don't have a scum list. You were at the bottom of my town-to-scumlist..Which is to say, you were at the bottom of my townlist.

Why? Because you didn't post anything very useful and then you fell off the face of the earth. Right now I'd put Mercerenies below you, though.

I mean I could half accept that you don't have anything on other people so want to throw around pressure, but a lot has gone on and you're still sitting pointlessly on a lurker instead of, as far as I can tell, making an honest effort to look for scum. Like as far as I can tell you are purposely avoiding getting involved in anything that could incriminate you, and the fact that you're trying to come up with a lawyer-y excuse and explanation of your lurker-focus makes it look like you're more concerned with avoiding looking suspicious than anything else.

What are other people's opinions on this? I feel like I must be missing something because everyone seems to be ignoring maker entirely and (it makes me paranoid that scum is mostly sitting back on a Visceral mislynch) I have no idea why.

(01-14-2015 09:03 AM)Palamedes Wrote:  I think I sort of said so at some point, but I do think Vic is possible scum? He's near the top of my list anyways. A townread on him is more or less dependent on the fact that everyone but dC voting for him (you less than others) are making me paranoid simply by their lack of focus on much else. Like they're talking a lot (especially pE) but it's going nowhere and I have no idea why maker has gone entirely ignored, which seriously makes me question my read on Vic.

(01-14-2015 10:21 AM)Palamedes Wrote:  If I had to guess, I'd say Coldblooded is a smart enough player to not fall for claiming under immediate lynch pressure when he can avoid getting lynched for a myriad of other reasons. Remember town knows as well as scum that pushing for claims is a legitimate scum strategy, especially since you already claimed (aka trying to force people to claim at this point is anti-town in most scenarios).

(01-15-2015 03:39 AM)Palamedes Wrote:  
(01-14-2015 10:32 AM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  Hmm. So saying he'd fullclaim if necessary could have been an effort to bait scum into pushing for that, which they short-circuited by killing him? Also, what are these other methods he could use to avoid getting lynched? (Just posting content and stuff like he had been?)

Yes to basically all of that (though also that he could have been honest with his fullclaiming too).

(01-14-2015 03:50 PM)Acionyx Wrote:  To clarify: it looks like a town pattern to me where he's not paying attention and stuff happens that makes it worth looking into

And it's not really a pattern I really expect scum to intentionally fake
What is your opinion on Merc's daystart post then? Because I have way more of a feeling on him in that respect than maker. As for 383, reading on he sort of took huge issue with everyone who supported Coldblooded's claim, fighting for it being 'horseshit' the whole way so that he could justify a lynch. Really felt like an attempt to try and force his claim.

(01-15-2015 05:09 AM)Palamedes Wrote:  Probably not that day, but if I was scum I'd want to keep the Coldblooded lynch on the table and argue against people who were having none of it. He was basically the second most popular suspect for a while, and the instant he's not widely pressurable he's dead.

Regarding Merc, I just have a hard time believing scum would have forgotten about the guy who claimed and the guy they just killed, much less that they'd fake it.

(01-15-2015 05:37 AM)Palamedes Wrote:  So did I until I noticed his note on dC. I mean thinking about it more I suppose the Coldblooded note is probably nothing but I still see no reason why as scum he'd have no idea that dC was towncleared (and set for foreclosing).

Some interesting stuff in here.

page 11:
(01-13-2015 06:45 AM)Palamedes Wrote:  @maker: you... did say you're going after lurkers? You even admitted it later:
(01-12-2015 07:12 AM)makerofthegames Wrote:  You were at the bottom of my town-to-scumlist..Which is to say, you were at the bottom of my townlist.

Why? Because you didn't post anything very useful and then you fell off the face of the earth. Right now I'd put Mercerenies below you, though.

Regarding mM: I'm always leery of people who just pop in and go "I'll claim if you pressure me", especially when they've been in a game and saw that doing so worked for someone else (remember how pE got like 2-3 free days off for doing that in DHI). I mean Coldblooded had a few points on mM that I agree with but I'll admit I am a little sketchy that people are taking it as law that he's town.

I also don't like Vic in this game but I still feel worse about maker (especially given how this new page feels like it has nothing worth commenting on, like a whole ton of people just repeating themselves or others). Maybe it's just me, I have been busy with other shit.

Quinny, who are your top three suspects and why?
maker, who would you lynch because of their content (as opposed to lack thereof)?
mM, pE, in a world where Vic is magically townfirmed, who are your next two suspects and why?

Oh hmm. page 10. yes Acio mightve been on to something. especially after he considered vic town after d2.....

(01-11-2015 03:00 PM)Acionyx Wrote:  Lynch: Visceral

With coldblooded known town and that paranoia eliminated:

APW LYNCH

AProcrastinatingWriter (4+4): Acionyx, [speedchuck], [reaverb], Coldblooded,
[dichotomousCreator]
, Palamedes, [makerofthegames], Mister Visceral

Coldblooded (2): Mercerenies, MQuinny1234

makerofthegames (1): AProcrastinatingWriter

MQuinny1234 (1): phantomEclipse

Abstaining: musicalMaestro

COLD LYNCH
Coldblooded (2+2): Mercerenies, makerofthegames, [phantomEclipse], MisterVisceral

makerofthegames (2+1): dichotomousCreator, Palamedes, [Coldblooded]

AProcrastinatingWriter (1+2): Acionyx, [speedchuck], [reaverb]
phantomEclipse (1): AProcrastinatingWriter

Abstaining: musicalMaestro, MQuinny1234

GOOMBA LYNCH

Goomba: (4+1) (APW, Coldblooded, Palamedes, Visceral, [speedchuck])

dichotomousCreator (2+1): icanhasreaver, Acionyx, [Goomba]

Maker: (1) (Quinny)

Coldblooded: (2) (Maker, Merc)

APW: (1) (DC)

Abstaining: Maestro

DC LYNCH

dichotomousCreator (5): icanhasreaver, Palamedes, Acionyx, APW, Coldblooded

musicalMaestro (1): Speedchuck

Acionyx (1): musicalMaestro

ColdBlooded (2): Mecha_Goomba, Visceral

Maker: (3) (Quinny, Coldblooded

Coldblooded: (1) (Maker)

APW: (1) (DC)

Abstaining: Mercerenies

One of palamedes and visceral is scum.

Also in my favorite coincidence of votals the other scum is in group M: One of maker/mercerenies/mquinny/maestro

Notably coldblooded called out visceral before dying and visceral's in the oogy votes absolutely everywhere

(01-12-2015 03:30 AM)Palamedes Wrote:  Hi, sorry for not posting. My internet is being really janky and won't be fixable until tonight at the earliest, but I'll try and lay down a few thoughts here.

Merc is probably not scum? Unless he's not reading their quicktopic there's no way he'd miss that CB was dead and dC was townfirmed via claim. Then again, it was the first damn post of daystart which means he'd have had to skip that too, but for now I'm assuming the scumteam isn't shitty enough to orchestrate a cheap towntell like that.

pE could you explain your ranking in 448 please? Mostly speed and Visceral's high ranking, but also your bottom five.

@Acio: I'm not particularly good at votals, but why isn't speedchuck placed with me/Vic? I see him matching one or either of us in the votals in a few places.

@maker: Why is Acio above dC, who is basically townfirmed? Also you seem to be putting pressure on, by your own admittance, lurkers. You completely ignore the things being pushed for that and don't even throw down a vote.

@Vic: What about reaverb? Just vibes or what?

@reaverb: how is maker heavily anti-aligned with Writer? Coldblooded brought up one reason but I know I (and other people) see the vote he was talking about as distancing/bussing just as both of them were coming under suspicion (similar to what everyone thought dC and maker were doing earlier). Also, why the weak lurker pressure (especially given Merc's townish daystart post)?

pE/mM: While I want to hear more from mM on Vic too, following someone else's (very good) reasoning is actually not scummy? Sometimes someone else does actually say all there is to say on someone.

Alright, so now while Vic is a good lynch to me there's one or two things I want to see answered first. Right now I'd rather throw some pressure on maker for aforementioned reasons.

to be mentioned. Palamedes was on all of the lynch wagons acio listed. It's fair to assume Acionyx would push the Palamedes lynch today if he was still alive.

------

page 9: end of Day1:

(01-09-2015 06:54 AM)Palamedes Wrote:  @Coldblooded: Ah, alright. Looking at it though, I could see him bussing to try and get suspicion off of maker? The Writer lynch was just building up, and in post 358 he went on a tirade about how he was mad that people assumed he'd bus a scummate again and how he totally wouldn't do it a second time.

(01-09-2015 08:38 AM)Palamedes Wrote:  Nonono Visceral it's not that. I'm 90% sure he's something more... chocolatey.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTCvPR046wA33gZUnglvYU...RPe9RlhBSA]

Coldblooded is this you?

@Coldblooded - looks alright, but I don't know if I would completely rule out maker/Writer being coaligned - where would you put one of them in slot three with the other being slot one now?

ALSO WORTH MENTIONING:
AProcrastinatingWriter (4+4): Acionyx, [speedchuck], [reaverb], Coldblooded, [dichotomousCreator], Palamedes, [makerofthegames], Mister Visceral
Coldblooded (2): Mercerenies, MQuinny1234
makerofthegames (1): AProcrastinatingWriter
MQuinny1234 (1): phantomEclipse

Abstaining: musicalMaestro
(the day 1 end votals)

Oh man Palamedes, i'd like to see some explanation right about now

In conclusion:

I AM WILLING TO BET EVERYTHING THAT PALAMEDES IS SCUM. BASED ON LITERALLY EVERYTHING I JUST QUOTED, HE IS THE MOST LIKELY OF PEOPLE.

Speedchuck is someone i would like to consider besides mquinny.

one of speedchuck/mquinny is scum. figuring APW was town. If sidekick is still alive, he can consciously tell himself that. Merc was definitely town in my mind. no doubt about it.

@DC, how about them apples?

Deadline: Palamedes