Complete Credithunt [Mafia Wins!]
01-22-2015, 12:47 PM
RE: Credithunt [8/13] [D3: Fired On Arrival]
Hmm. No lynch

May as well follow the town-firmed advice.

“One day you wake up and realize the world can be conquered.” - Doctor Impossible
01-22-2015, 12:47 PM
hmm 13 minutes?

or is it another hour?

It's time to, T-T-T-T-T-T TRIPLE POST
01-22-2015, 12:48 PM
DC, it'd be worse if we mislynched, but who's to say im right?

im just a crazy bastard

01-22-2015, 12:49 PM
no lynch

cause if it's the same as me dying, i'd much rather do that

01-22-2015, 12:53 PM
Votals:
(2+1)MM: Vic, [pala], MM
(0+2)PE: [Maker]
(4+0)No lynch: PE, Quinny, Speed, DC

day ends in ~2 hours

01-22-2015, 12:55 PM
yknow in the closing hours of the day, most people will be here.

out of everyone. who thinks reaverb was scum and who thinks he was town?

01-22-2015, 01:01 PM
Note to people: Please actually consider my case and the situation rather than just following me. (If you're already doing that, thumbs up though!). But yeah pE, there's no difference between a no lynch and lynching you unless you're scum (in which case we don't NEED to lynch you today and we can take care of you tomorrow)

NOTE TO DEAD PEOPLE: IF PALAMEDES FAILS TO ACTIVATE TOMORROW, WE WILL LYNCH HIM. Seriously if you don't give him enough credits to go off you're basically saying you're so confident pala is scum you don't even feel the need to check. This is important, which is why I keep saying it :v

Anyway. *I* think my theory on this is sound, but it's important to check it against your own reasoning.

(also I have this sinking feeling that I just somehow doomed town, but I'm sticking to my guns :v)

Chuck mentioned mafia doublevotes but planning for that cuts down their foreclosure attempts and they're risking an instant loss if they try to pull something. Also...put simply, a rushed lynch will probably cost us the game. I think this gives us the best chance overall. (And wasn't there something about doublevotes turning off at low player counts because otherwise 3-man LYLO would automatically be a mafia win (mafia doublevotes for a townie lol gg) which seems like an overpowering advantage for mafia (80% odds of a mafia insta-win in a common endgame? D: ). I mean that's a "balance argument" but still.

(and pE I don't think chuck is voting for no lynch)

I'm currently leaning scum!reaverb but the planning I'm doing is designed to account for both possibilities.

I likely won't be on before deadline. I really hope this was the right thing to do.
01-22-2015, 01:10 PM
Yeah, he's still voting for MM.

“One day you wake up and realize the world can be conquered.” - Doctor Impossible
01-22-2015, 01:12 PM
maybe he unvoted, idk.

couldve sworn he was.

speed, it's you and vic tomorrow. youve gotta decide.

I give a hat's off to you sires

01-22-2015, 01:14 PM
Maybe it was the way he was yelling that today couldn't end in a no lynch that made you think he'd voted for no lynch...

01-22-2015, 01:15 PM
possibly

01-22-2015, 01:16 PM
Awkward...

01-22-2015, 01:25 PM
Double Vote mM

No lynching is probably the worst idea.

Remember that THE VOTE IS TOWN'S ONLY COLLECTIVE WEAPON.

"We love eloquence for its own sake, and not for any truth which it may utter, or any heroism it may inspire."
-Henry David Thoreau
01-22-2015, 01:27 PM
Well that's interesting. Does Visceral seem to be blowing through credits to anyone?

01-22-2015, 01:29 PM
Wait, nah, this is only the second time he's done it I think. INteresting that's he's forcing a lynch anyway.

01-22-2015, 01:45 PM
Is it still not night? Seriously?

Okay, well, I'll poke my head in to say this since I've already made my peace: If pE doesn't get lynched, and DC & I get foreclosed but pE doesn't.. That doesn't mean pE!scum you numskulls. In a pE!town world, mafia could do that to frame him as scum, and it totally would've worked, because you people apparently already believe that that's how it works.

So. I mean, I still believe that pE is scum.. it's just that your bad logic HURTS ME
01-22-2015, 01:48 PM
Right...You got a counter strategy then?

01-22-2015, 01:50 PM
Cause with Vic and Pala pushing on mM's suicide lynch, not many options right now.

01-22-2015, 01:54 PM
Counter strategy to what?
I'm just saying, when I'm dead and pE is alive, don't jump to conclusions you stupid fucks.
01-22-2015, 01:55 PM
Okay...if he's town, he'll either be left alive and framed, or foreclosed. Wondering if we may as well vote for him then...

01-22-2015, 01:59 PM
Yes. You should. He's scummy as hell.

Just don't vote for him for reasons that make you look like you've never used logic before in your entire life.
01-22-2015, 02:06 PM
Deadline lynch pE

01-22-2015, 02:11 PM
(01-22-2015 01:54 PM)makerofthegames Wrote:  Counter strategy to what?
I'm just saying, when I'm dead and pE is alive, don't jump to conclusions you stupid fucks.

if that was the case, i would lynch me immediately too.

too bad it isnt

01-22-2015, 02:14 PM
(01-22-2015 02:11 PM)phantomEclipse Wrote:  
(01-22-2015 01:54 PM)makerofthegames Wrote:  Counter strategy to what?

if that was the case, i would lynch me immediately too.

too bad it isnt

Let's break this down:
Your post makes no fucking sense.

I'm saying in a town!pE world, scum could foreclose on DC and me and leave you alive. Others were saying that you being alive would force a scum!pE world.

Now you just basically said that if you're not foreclosed on, it'd be a scum!pE world (why? they could just be framing you).

Then "too bad it isnt"

Isn't what? The requirement, in other words you being not foreclosed upon, hasn't happened yet. [i]It hasn't fucking happened yet.[i/] Are you telling me you can read the goddamn minds of the mafia? Or are you just wasting everyone's time by supposing that there's just no way that mafia would ever try to frame you, and that if you're not killed tonight you should just be policy lynched? Why the fuck would you say that?

Basically you're acting like an illogical idiot.
01-22-2015, 02:18 PM
(01-22-2015 01:11 AM)TehPilot Wrote:  Deadline is January 21st, 10PM EST (~13 hours from now).

Hey, pipe down up there!

Some of us are trying to sleep.

Tumblr/Steam
01-22-2015, 02:19 PM
pE!scum and no scum lynch means with two foreclosures they win.

PE!town and no scumlynch means they need four to win.

Which means scum winning relies on absolutely nothing if pE is scum, and on scum not guessing my role/having four credits with which to guess both.

Only way a no lynch is okay is if only one scum is alive, which isn't a world we're dealing with.
01-22-2015, 02:23 PM
EBWOP: shit sorry, missed this whole page and thought there was still time in the day.

I'll shut up now.
01-22-2015, 02:39 PM
End of Day Three Votals

musicalMaestro (3+2): [Palamedes], [speedchuck], musicalMaestro, Mister Visceral
phantomEclipse (2+1): [makerofthegames], [MQuinny1234]

No Lynch (2): dichotomousCreator, phantomEclipse

Mister Visceral has purchased a doublevote!

And in doing so, seals the deal for poor old musicalMaestro. See you later!

musicalMaestro has been lynched.

Night Three ends January 23rd, 10PM EST, possibly earlier if actions are in.

I will not be available for most of Day Four, please try to keep insanity to a minimum while I'm busy game developing in 72 hours.

and now, hunger does what sorrow could never do
website | @tehpilot
01-22-2015, 06:20 PM
RE: Credithunt [7/13] [N3: Outta Here]
[Image: 1mHndYG]
01-22-2015, 10:26 PM
Good luck. I better not see Vic or Pala on scum team after this is over. See you all in FTL Mafia

"What is Love?" -- Mc Hammer. You are almost certain MC Hammer said that.
01-24-2015, 05:15 PM
Hi guys! Me here. I'm currently doing the GMC Jam and I'm on a roll so I won't be stopping to update this game until I take an extended non-sleep break. Day Four will begin soonish.

All night actions at this point are locked in.

website | @tehpilot
01-25-2015, 02:09 AM
couldnt stiq start the day?

afterall, all actions are already locked

01-25-2015, 03:25 AM
Up to the mods pE, plus day/nightstart's usually left to the main mod unless they're going to be gone for a long time (as opposed to just another day or two).
01-25-2015, 04:23 PM (This post was last modified: 01-25-2015 04:25 PM by Stiqqery.)
DAY FOUR

For perhaps the first time in over a decade, the floor is dead silent during business hours. All eyes turn front and center to the display captivating so many in recent memory: On one side, The Thirteen's stock values. On the other, a news report feed reporting the incident. The tension and dread is palpable.

Bad news this morning.

DCR. MAG. MRV. PAL. PEE.

Five stocks, nosedived. Five of the Thirteen, out. Many hoped against hope that it wouldn't happen this way. So sudden and brutal, like a jagged knife blade across the throat. But very few people could legitimately claim to be surprised. They had been struggling, and it was evident in each case that somebody had their number.

dichotomousCreator, makerofthegames, MisterVisceral, Palamedes, and phantomEclipse have all been eliminated.

MQuinny 1234 and Speedchuck remain.

Day Three ends NOW.

With 2 alive, it takes 2 to lynch.

. . .

▼ MQN 0 (-310.43)

COMMUNISTS WIN, STAY TUNED FOR POSTGAME AND/OR PROLETARIAT REVOLUTION
01-25-2015, 04:26 PM
I am so not surprised.

Well, I might be surprised depending on how the postgame goes.
01-25-2015, 05:05 PM (This post was last modified: 01-25-2015 05:05 PM by TehPilot.)
GAME OVER.

Mafia wins!

ROLES AND PLAYERS

TOWN
Inspector - makerofthegames - http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/mYYb4xibYJAwD
Safekeeper - AProcrastinatingWriter - http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/kAMVnmRA3EpS
Donor - dichotomousCreator - http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/vLmmQMEwKpgy
Thief - Acionyx - http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/FFU22qULQrCH
Assassin - Mecha_Goomba/phantomEclipse - http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/wWKVhk32wrWD
Director - Mercerenies - http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/eH8Qq4dqfTCcy
CEO - musicalMaestro - http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/USx7K5XYwP9dM
Mortician - MQuinny1234 - http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/THGA3GtyrLsBn
Investor - Coldblooded - http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/yaT8kYGp4uM
Sidekick - Mister Visceral - http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/kWGYPEWfM3mp

MAFIA - http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/e65ZJJXM9nRM
Pickpocket - icanhasdonut/reaverb
Refinancer - speedchuck
Loan Shark - Palamedes

Town Deadchat: http://quicktopic.com/51/H/KSerVEehGzk
Moderation: http://quicktopic.com/51/H/rU4yTyaqTQ2n

GAME BREAKDOWN

Day One

AProcrastinatingWriter is lynched.

Night One

Coldblooded donates his credits to phantomEclipse
MotG checks Acionyx (Town result)
Speedchuck nightkills Coldblooded

Day Two

Acionyx, dichotomousCreator, and Mister Visceral purchase doublevotes.
Mercerenies is lynched.
The dead pass two Credits on to phantomEclipse.

Night Two

Mister Visceral acquires Mercerenies's power (Director)
reaverb gives a credit to Speedchuck
speedchuck drives Acionyx and Palamedes
speedchuck kills Palamedes -> Acionyx
phantomEclipse assassinates reaverb

Day Three

makerofthegames and Mister Visceral purchase doublevotes.
musicalMaestro is lynched.
The dead pass four Credits on to phantomEclipse.

Night Three

Mafia forecloses:
- dichotomousCreator as Donor
- makerofthegames as Inspector
- phantomEclipse as Assassin
- Mister Visceral as Sidekick

phantomEclipse assassinates Palamedes

Day Four

Speedchuck overruns MQuinny1234 (1v1, mafia outnumbers).
Mafia wins!

More soon.

website | @tehpilot
01-25-2015, 05:15 PM
Damn, how did you manage to guess sidekick!Visceral? How he reacted to Palamedes or something? Mildly impressed by that.

Annoyed I didn't stick on Pala harder, hindsight and all that but I specifically did a thing to lure out mafia members and then...what, moved off him? Meh.

Not sure why Visceral doublevoted to lynch mM, we really needed the extra info :/. I actually assumed Vic was scum and that was why we were losing after that, surprised to find out he was town. Kind of a pity he didn't pick up on Pala's Sidekick softclaim too, one more person on pala early D3 and that might have gone through.

(Er, sorry if this is breaking the flow of post-game content)
01-25-2015, 06:12 PM
Welp, saw that coming from about a mile off. At least I was able to power up PE enough to take out Pala and Reaverb before town finished self destructing. Good shooting PE.

I'm still upset that Pala wasn't just immediately lynched after how scummy he acted D3.

Tumblr/Steam
01-25-2015, 06:25 PM
RE: Credithunt [Mafia Wins!]
You guys are free to post.

I'm eventually (read: when done with jam) going to post some moderator comments and a possible changelog for things in Credithunt, including a couple of hotfixes I silently applied during this game. I'll detail things in sort order.

website | @tehpilot
01-25-2015, 06:37 PM
Yeah that was bad on my part probably...I was hoping to lynch Pala tomorrow on lack of confirmation, and I also didn't recognize that behaviour as THAT scummy? Like the piling on pE was bad but what other stuff should I have picked up on?
01-25-2015, 08:22 PM
To be fair, I was more than a little bit biased just by the fact that I already knew Reaverb was scum and that PE was mechanically the only person who could have shot him. What really sold me on Palascum though was how hard and how early Pala jumped all over PE.

TownPala is more methodical than that, and would not have been aggressively trying to shout down the assassin claimant less than two hours into the day. He was clearly more interested in shutting PE up and protecting his own ass than he was in figuring out whether or not PE was actually scum.

Also, from deadchat:
Quote:If Pala and Reaverb both rolled scummates and just get to sit back while town self-destructs /again/, I will be so upset.

Quote:And now Pala is trying to push a PE lynch hard based off some random bullshit that he's trying to pass off as a scumtell.

"6v2 can't possibly be MYLO, therefore you're scum for some reason. What's a foreclosure anyway, I've never heard of it."

Come the fuck on Pala, we all know you're not this dumb.

Quote:See, if Pala was town here he would be stepping back right now and going "Hmm, this is interesting, let's think this over for a bit." He's being way too aggressive with trying to shut PE down, and isn't even trying to imagine a world were PE might be telling the truth.

But no, he probably just figures that everybody who would call him out for that shit is already dead, so why even bother keeping up appearances, let's just get into a prolonged slapfight with the assassin claimant, who gives a shit?

There's an entire day left Pala, maybe try rationing out your scumtells a bit more instead of just blowing through all of them in the first two hours.

Tumblr/Steam
01-25-2015, 09:25 PM (This post was last modified: 01-25-2015 09:25 PM by Coldblooded.)
Going back through quicktopics is reminding me that mafia makes me act like an asshole sometimes and I would like to apologize to anybody that I was rude to during the game at all.

The scumteam definitely deserved to win this game, and I greatly appreciate the fact that none of scumteam was actually lurking for once. Thanks for that. Congratulations, you evil monsters.

(Maker, could you please try to work on being less angry in future games? Reading through the thread sort of becomes a miserable slog when you have to see somebody shouting obscenities on every other page. You catch more flies with hospitality than vitriol.)

Tumblr/Steam
01-26-2015, 12:32 AM
I'd like to apoligise for any bad feelings I caused and spewed out. I did enjoy this. Up until I guess Speedchuck throwing me out a window to be the last man standing.

01-26-2015, 01:04 AM
I hope there are awards for this game. I enjoyed playing it. GG.
01-26-2015, 01:28 AM
(01-25-2015 05:15 PM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  Damn, how did you manage to guess sidekick!Visceral? How he reacted to Palamedes or something? Mildly impressed by that.
That was my work :D. Happy to see it was crucial to us winning.

See scumchat: MV changed his opinion on Merc from "probable scum" to "100% Town" between the end of the Day 2 and Day 3. There were no additional posts from Merc to cause this .... so he had to have mechanical info.

It also fit his "Investigative role" softclaim.

Regrets this game: lurking enough Day 2 to get myself assassinated, not role-hunting Night 2 so I could better evaluate foreclosing.
01-26-2015, 02:40 AM
ALWAYS SCUM

So I'd like to apologize for having a pretty miserable D3 all things considered. I really was sincere about being put off by the rampant pverposting (and hostility, to a lesser extent). Slog was a good word for it. I probably wouldn't have gone after pE if that hadn't just caused me to forget figuring out the last half of D2/be careful D3. I'm afraid town!Pala would have done the same Coldblooded :(

As for why I wasn't lynched - I was also dead serious regarding what I said to pE. I mean I also had a plan the whole time to claim Sidekick or Director which probably would have led us to this exact same scenario but I digress. pE you basically used every trick in the scum book going after me. All it did was make me look better, you worse, and ultimately allowed us to steer things towards the lynch we wanted from the instant you claimed.

Also, apparently Speedchuck could have double voted at daystart and we would have won even if we didn't foreclose on Vic? I wasn't 100% sure on how that worked though so vOv.

I still do want to hear your reasons for going after me in the first place, because otherwise I will be forced to assume you have mystical powers.
01-26-2015, 02:48 AM
EBWOP: To deadchat - did you not see pE's D3 opening posts? It's literally the scummiest claim I've ever seen despite the fact that I knew he was telling the truth (also - the exact play I would have made if assassin had missed).

I mean I originally even planned to jump off with an excuse similar to dC's reason but goddamn it he kept it up.

Also, I forgot to say good game, town as a whole did really well keeping us on our toes. Speed, reaverb, you guys were great scummates and deserved this win. Sorry I sort of phoned it in and caused all that ruckus D3.

(Who wants to bet money on my ass getting lynched next game I'm in no matter what?)
01-26-2015, 02:54 AM
(01-25-2015 06:12 PM)Coldblooded Wrote:  Welp, saw that coming from about a mile off. At least I was able to power up PE enough to take out Pala and Reaverb before town finished self destructing. Good shooting PE.

I'm still upset that Pala wasn't just immediately lynched after how scummy he acted D3.
yeah

(01-26-2015 02:48 AM)Palamedes Wrote:  EBWOP: To deadchat - did you not see pE's D3 opening posts? It's literally the scummiest claim I've ever seen despite the fact that I knew he was telling the truth (also - the exact play I would have made if assassin had missed).

I mean I originally even planned to jump off with an excuse similar to dC's reason but goddamn it he kept it up.

Also, I forgot to say good game, town as a whole did really well keeping us on our toes. Speed, reaverb, you guys were great scummates and deserved this win. Sorry I sort of phoned it in and caused all that ruckus D3.

(Who wants to bet money on my ass getting lynched next game I'm in no matter what?)

yeah, im still not the best, good game though.

we were so close too.

01-26-2015, 02:55 AM
Pilot are you going to hand out any awards?

01-26-2015, 02:58 AM (This post was last modified: 01-26-2015 02:58 AM by phantomEclipse.)
well realistically though. If mafia already knew vic was sidekick, there was no way we could win unless we had lynched speed

but he slipped under the radar.

also, hehe, i like to mention how i was surprised speed hadnt died before day 3

(from my experience he always dies early)