Complete Adventure Mafia [4/15] Oh Deer [Town Wins]
01-22-2015, 01:13 PM (This post was last modified: 04-19-2015 03:46 AM by phantomEclipse.)
Adventure Mafia [4/15] Oh Deer [Town Wins]
Hello Everybody! I've gotten the A-O-K (A-okay) from our friendly neighborhood moose. (or really, i've had it ready for a good bit)

This is a CLOSED SETUP, meaning that no roles will be told to you. You sign up. you get your role. and your alignment and role are revealed upon death

This is a 15 person setup.

Here is your regular rules that i totally did not steal from Donut's Terminal 13 mafia:

1. Massclaims (Large numbers of players revealing their roles at once) is highly unadvised. Such claims will likely not help, and it tends to suck all the fun out of the game. Really bad instances of this will result in horrific punishments which can instill fear into even the most stalwart of hearts. Don't massclaim okay.
2. Flavorclaiming will not save you and is also discouraged because meta.
3. Days will be 120 hours long (5 days) (with the exception of the first day, which will be 6 days) and nights will be 48 hours long (2 days). Extensions may be granted in specific scenarios. Even if the day has not been announced over, DO NOT POST PAST DEADLINE. The state at deadline is the state at which the day ends.
4. When casting lynch votes, please bold or color your votes. Hell, do both.
5. All player-to-moderator communication should be done through provided Quicktopics, which are controlled discussions.
6. Don't copy/paste from Quicktopics, this threatens game stability and may be treated as cheating action. Which is punishable in bad ways.
7. And don't share quicktopics with others.
8. And keep game-sensitive details inside the game, please.
9. While you're at it, refrain from editing or deleting posts.
10. Death will grant you one spoilered "bluh" post, which may not contain game-relevant information.
11. Do not post during the night phase.
12. Day Activation / "Karkat" Rule 1: In the event a day activation is claimed (someone using a role power in the day), assume day has ended and it is nighttime. Game will resume once I have intervened and resolved the action.
13. Day Activation / "Karkat" Rule 2: Faking day activations is strictly forbidden and punishable by moderator kill.
14. Refrain from ciphering or concealing posts. Also avoid whiting out text, that's really annoying.
15. Maintain a reasonable level of activity (minimum of one post per day). Replacement will be used for players who fail to post for a 72-hour timespan, with a prod 48 hours into that.
16. Flavor WILL NOT SAVE YOU. The mafia has access to the town wincon.
17. Please, this is a game. Take it easy, play to have fun, but play to win! We all want to have fun. Remember that.
18. Guarantees: This setup involves no cults, jesters, obliterators, quicktopic spying, mod bastardry, alignment-changing, or game-ending third party win conditions.

Here is the backstory thing:

*It's a spooky Halloween night in the land of Ooo. Residents have been invited over to a masked halloween party Princess Bubblegum's castle. About midway through the night, the lights go out and a commotion is heard. As soon as the lights come back on you find a murdered candy citizen hanging from the chandelier. Panic erupts and people flee, but it just so happens, the zombie candy virus has erupted once again. geez, it's like the third time now. BUT NO MATTER! You board up the windows and lock yourselves in the castle. With everyone either dead or inside you check the body again. It seems to be the handywork of multiple individuals. Which means that theyre more than likely still here..... You all look at eachother through your masks. It's time to weed out the villians...*

Earlier....

"YOU HAVE BEEN INVITED TO THE ROYAL HALLOWEEN PARTY!!!! Please RSVP if you are going to be attending:"
(15/15)
1. Garuru - Lady Rainicorn, Vanilla Town - Lynched D1
2. Beruru - The Stag, Third Party Serial Killer - Lynched D6
3. Donut - Flame Princess, Mafia Roleblocker - Lynched D3
4. Acionyx - Mr. Pig, Vanilla Town - Survived
5. Druplesnubb - Sweet P, Mafia Rolecop - Lynched D4
6. Paranoia - Ice King, Virgin - Died N1
7. Anacreon - B-MO, Cop - Died N4
8. dichotomousCreator - Martin Merten, Mafia Framer - Lynched D2
9. Reyweld - Finn, the Human, Jailer - Died N1
10. Mirdini - Princess Bubblegum, Town Santa - Survived
11. TruthHurts22 OzTheWizard - Jake, the Dog, One-Shot Bulletproof- - Lynched D5
12. Vancho - Party God, Third Party Survivor - Survived
13. Mquinny1234 Coldblooded - Cinnamon Bun, Doctor - Died N3
14. Speedchuck Speedchuck - Treetrunks, Vanilla Town - Survived
15. Sotek - Lumpy Space Princess, Town Loudmouth - Died N5
"If you are planning on coming late, please notify in your reply"
(Replacements 1/???)
-Mecha_Goomba

"also dont do anything bad, or the gumball guardians, who are watching everything mind you, will literally kill you on the spot. Otherwise theyve been advised to allow us to deal with any issues personally"
(Observers. See me if you are interested)
-Pala-ModErator-es (moderator)
-Amosmyn(observer)
-Yappy111(observer)
-Ika (observer)

Day 1: Splitting Headaches
-Day Activation
Night 1: Party Time
Day 2: Fallen Heroes and Frozen Hearts
Night 2: Framed!
Day 3: It's a Screamer!
Night 3: Fiery Escapade
Day 4: A Sticky Situation
Night 4: Baby-Man
Day 5: Hardboiled
Night 5: Squashed Dreams
Endgame
01-22-2015, 01:23 PM
RE: Adventure Mafia [0/15]
Put me down as a Replacement please.

“One day you wake up and realize the world can be conquered.” - Doctor Impossible
01-22-2015, 04:14 PM
There's an experimental mechanic in this game that we're going to give a whirl.

"On N1, the scumteam may choose to exchange any one of the roles that are given to them. What this essentially means is that the scum team may exchange their role with another scum teammate, living or dead, before any actions occur N1. Whether or not the scum team chooses to take advantage of this opportunity, their roles will be locked in once the N1 actions are taken for account. Any roles that perform actions on the scumteam during D1 will not receive any role-based information should such a role exist. If a scum player dies D1, they will appear as Vanilla Scum but their role will still be up for grabs as part of the scum role pool N1. Naturally, a single scum player cannot have more than one role."

There are no lynchproof roles.
There are no roles that can affect this on Day One.

I'd also like to request that whomever would like to be an observer volunteer to help pE manage night actions, just to make sure the priority of night actions is respected.
01-22-2015, 04:35 PM
sign me up

[Image: sig.gif]
01-22-2015, 04:55 PM
(01-22-2015 04:14 PM)amosmyn Wrote:  There's an experimental mechanic in this game that we're going to give a whirl.

"On N1, the scumteam may choose to exchange any one of the roles that are given to them. What this essentially means is that the scum team may exchange their role with another scum teammate, living or dead, before any actions occur N1. Whether or not the scum team chooses to take advantage of this opportunity, their roles will be locked in once the N1 actions are taken for account. Any roles that perform actions on the scumteam during D1 will not receive any role-based information should such a role exist. If a scum player dies D1, they will appear as Vanilla Scum but their role will still be up for grabs as part of the scum role pool N1. Naturally, a single scum player cannot have more than one role."

There are no lynchproof roles.
There are no roles that can affect this on Day One.

I'd also like to request that whomever would like to be an observer volunteer to help pE manage night actions, just to make sure the priority of night actions is respected.

Scumteam being able to swap roles is a thing Pi used in recent witchunts and it is a fantastic game addition that I think should be standard for mafia type games

WH had it happen during a pregame phase (where the thread was open and people could talk but couldn't vote), I'd suggest doing something similar like letting the swap happen during confirmation time
01-22-2015, 05:40 PM
i will join this i guess since i havent played an actual mafia in like

over a year?

"Have some wine," the March Hare said in an encouraging tone.
Alice looked all round the table, but there was nothing on it but tea.
"I don't see any wine," she remarked.

(06-25-2013 09:31 AM)Chirality Wrote:  And then everyone cut the simplest explanations in tiny pieces then set them on fire then threw them in a lake and poisoned the lake.
01-22-2015, 06:03 PM (This post was last modified: 01-22-2015 06:06 PM by amosmyn.)
The reason we're having it happen N1 is for it to be a sort of mulligan for the scum team in case they lose a scum role they reeeeeeally wanted to play.

Im not entirely supportive of pregane shuffling since i think chance encounters with roles is great but I can see it being useful for scum worried about inactives getting a.BP or something.
01-22-2015, 11:27 PM (This post was last modified: 01-22-2015 11:27 PM by icanhasdonut.)
i stole the rules from vic who stole them from pilot so shhhh

sign me up
01-23-2015, 01:48 AM
I'm in FTL Mafia now, so I'll pop up as a replacement as well.
01-23-2015, 03:39 AM
(01-22-2015 04:14 PM)amosmyn Wrote:  I'd also like to request that whomever would like to be an observer volunteer to help pE manage night actions, just to make sure the priority of night actions is respected.

I can volunteer for this, since I don't think I'll have the time/energy to manage playing a second mafia (but do sort of want to follow this).
01-23-2015, 04:26 AM
(01-22-2015 06:03 PM)amosmyn Wrote:  The reason we're having it happen N1 is for it to be a sort of mulligan for the scum team in case they lose a scum role they reeeeeeally wanted to play.

Im not entirely supportive of pregane shuffling since i think chance encounters with roles is great but I can see it being useful for scum worried about inactives getting a.BP or something.

I'm not really supportive of the mulligan idea (or reactive shuffling) but whatever it's an experiment

Also I'll join
01-23-2015, 04:09 PM
...yeah, alright, count me in. I'll be looking at lower post volume than DHI and the early part of Credithunt but I'll aim for at least 2/day (is that generally sufficient?)
01-23-2015, 06:20 PM
Going to assume im getting an observer link for helpin with the setup ;)
01-24-2015, 06:44 AM
I'll join up. Since the last three games led to me being lynched before Day 3 I'm gonna try a new strategy involving far less posts early game. It's not like I'm any good at making sense of Day 1 shenanigans anyway.
01-24-2015, 09:21 AM
(01-24-2015 06:44 AM)Druplesnubb Wrote:  I'll join up. Since the last three games led to me being lynched before Day 3 I'm gonna try a new strategy involving far less posts early game. It's not like I'm any good at making sense of Day 1 shenanigans anyway.

So you're trying a daring new strategy of getting lynched even sooner. Brilliant.

Also I'm in.
01-24-2015, 09:31 AM
Quite a lot of people survive well into the endgame without being among the top five posters Day 1.
01-24-2015, 09:49 AM
(01-24-2015 09:31 AM)Druplesnubb Wrote:  Quite a lot of people survive well into the endgame without being among the top five posters Day 1.

Okay, but town's goal isn't to survive into endgame, it's to kill scum, and not posting is anathema to that goal. What are you going to do when you make it to LYLO alongside four other players who've barely been posting all game? (Like what happens in most games with severe lurker problems.) Just make a random guess and then probably lose?

Granted, getting lynched within the first few days is also anathema to town's goal, but the solution to that shouldn't be trying to make your play worse.

Anyway, I guess I'll join the replacement list for right now. (Might decide to move up to the regular playerlist depending on when FTL Mafia starts and workstuff.)

Tumblr/Steam
01-24-2015, 01:54 PM (This post was last modified: 01-24-2015 01:55 PM by phantomEclipse.)
RE: Adventure Mafia [6/15]
once we reach like 12 people or so, ill throw down a starting date.

Also if youre a replacement and it's nearing that previously stated date, would you mind just placing in? Say so now so i can put a star on you

and by "placing in" date, i mean like, 2 days before official day start

It's time to, T-T-T-T-T-T TRIPLE POST
01-24-2015, 02:15 PM
eh i might as well in

[Image: sonicsig2.jpg]
Steam
01-24-2015, 03:13 PM
(01-24-2015 06:44 AM)Druplesnubb Wrote:  I'll join up. Since the last three games led to me being lynched before Day 3 I'm gonna try a new strategy involving far less posts early game. It's not like I'm any good at making sense of Day 1 shenanigans anyway.

Living forever ain't all it's cracked up to be

(I hate being alive in endgame unless it's solidly onesided)
01-24-2015, 04:34 PM
RE: Adventure Mafia [7/15]
Im sooooooo sick of not dying in 90% of the games I play til endgame.
Pleeeease! Take my liiiiife.
01-25-2015, 01:21 AM
RE: Adventure Mafia [7/15]
whoops forgot to put in DC, sorry bout that

01-25-2015, 05:10 AM
RE: Adventure Mafia [8/15]
I'm In. Although I find Closed Setups annoying, I really want to be Cinnamon Bun or someone equally silly.
01-26-2015, 11:27 AM
RE: Adventure Mafia [9/15]
[Image: CIuWq7B.gif]

01-27-2015, 02:12 PM
As expected, this game is gonna be here for little bit, so im gonna plan on starting sometime in the beginnin of March. especially with FTL and Resistance starting soon

01-29-2015, 10:27 AM
Sure, I'm game
01-29-2015, 10:33 AM
Hello "game."

im dad

01-29-2015, 11:44 AM
RE: Adventure Mafia [10/15]
I guess I can join?

"What is Love?" -- Mc Hammer. You are almost certain MC Hammer said that.
01-30-2015, 07:39 PM
RE: Adventure Mafia [11/15]
Been a while since I've played forums mafia, sign me up.

The one, the only, Vancho!
01-31-2015, 01:41 AM
RE: Adventure Mafia [12/15]
You can move me off the replacement list to full on player please.

“One day you wake up and realize the world can be conquered.” - Doctor Impossible
01-31-2015, 12:35 PM (This post was last modified: 01-31-2015 12:35 PM by phantomEclipse.)
RE: Adventure Mafia [12/15]
~2 moar plaeyrs

02-01-2015, 01:48 PM
RE: Adventure Mafia [13/15]
I really shouldn't join.

I really, REALLY shouldn't join.

Join

I really, really, REA- wait what ahh hell.

Welp, let's hope for the best
02-01-2015, 03:53 PM
RE: Adventure Mafia [13/15]
14/15, hey hey hey

[Image: tumblr_m8nrnolVaZ1qd47aao5_250.gif]

02-02-2015, 01:38 PM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2015 01:40 PM by phantomEclipse.)
RE: Adventure Mafia [14/15]
I should probably get qt flairs ready. although like i said, my plan was to start sometime in march (i didnt expect to fill this quickly) but who knows some people may drop out, etc.

observer chat is still open for everyone who isnt in queue/doesnt want to be in the game.

Would everyone like their own funny gif with their character? (i would, tbh. but that's like an extra minute per person that i'm too lazy to do otherwise)

[Image: tumblr_lphavv89rM1ql201ao1_500.gif]

02-02-2015, 09:49 PM
phantomEclipse Wrote:Would everyone like their own funny gif with their character? (i would, tbh. but that's like an extra minute per person that i'm too lazy to do otherwise)

yes, yes yes yes, oh god yes etc etc for about 2000 words or so

also I should point out that this will be my first closed setup game, so I will fail so hard it won't even be funny

although I'll try and put more effort into this game than I did in DHI tRofC cause I kinda just stood around looking stupid in that one.
02-03-2015, 12:58 AM
imo, closed setups are more fun

02-03-2015, 06:32 PM
from the looks of things it could be interesting at the very least, thus why i joined. Good time to learn if nothing else.

Also I get to claim stupid crap that noone would believe in a regular game :D
02-04-2015, 03:11 PM
check rules 2,12,13,16, and 18, TOG

(not to be all "whatever" but as a reminder)

02-06-2015, 06:12 AM
Can I sign up as a replacement?
02-06-2015, 02:57 PM
yep

*does thing*

02-17-2015, 02:02 PM
UPDATE: I am planning on making Quicktopic flairs tonight or Wednesday (adding gif/gif links, adding special background, and funny stuff if i can find humor somewhere)

Let's set the date to start for March, 4

replacements are still open, observer is still open, and of course, we need one more person for the official list (as far as i know right now)

02-25-2015, 03:57 PM
this is the ~one week reminder.

ill be sending out quicktopics this weekend and the game will officially start at 8pm central time. im open to starting at an earlier date if everyone confirms their quicktopic quickly

see you all soon!

02-28-2015, 05:35 AM
I'll sign up.
02-28-2015, 10:00 AM (This post was last modified: 02-28-2015 10:05 AM by Reyweld.)
[Image: 6a00d834a16dcf69e2019b021673b4970c-800wi]

So excited!
02-28-2015, 02:07 PM
HUZZAH 15! ill be sending out reminders, and like i said, quicktopics go out sunday

02-28-2015, 02:15 PM
RE: Adventure Mafia [15/15]
Also, not to be a debbie-downer, but im lame and didnt get everyone a gif because i was unable to put forth effort into figuring out how to input a gif into quicktopics without it just being a link

(and dont tell me how, cause i wont do it)

but feel free to post gifs up until game start*

*limit one gif per person unless everyone has posted a gif

02-28-2015, 04:11 PM
Ehhhhhhhhhhhh, I'm not 100% sure I should play, tbh. Like, 1. I tend to lurk a lot anyways and 2. I've got things outside of mafia that I need to work on so I'd be on less than normally anyway. I dunno, this game looks like it'll be awesome, but...

I might just back out, since I wouldn't be playing to my best.

...What? Just keep scrolling.
02-28-2015, 04:39 PM
Checking in in-thread!
02-28-2015, 06:44 PM
speedchuck has replaced TheOtherGuy

02-28-2015, 11:55 PM
RE: Adventure Mafia [11/15] RSVP
if the other 4 people appear from the woodworks today and confirm, ill just send out the quicktopics today as well