03-06-2015, 06:12 PM
RE: Adventure Mafia [15/15] Day 1: Splitting Headaches
Hmmm...

*shrug*

Vote: Reyweld

inb4 quintvoter
03-06-2015, 06:21 PM
yeah it's the super-reaction that's like, wtf. very artificial.
03-06-2015, 07:02 PM
Hmm, beruru's got a point. Where is Mirdini anyway?

The one, the only, Vancho!
03-06-2015, 11:08 PM
(03-06-2015 06:07 PM)Acionyx Wrote:  
(03-06-2015 05:53 PM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  It's Adventure Time, beru, what did you expect?

@Acio: I...didn't really get that vibe from that post? It looked like a standard "show up, toss out a vote" thing. Unless "Nener" means something I'm not familiar with?

Wide array of RVS votes in play and he's one of the last arriving players

Voting you instead of joining any of the already voted players is a hint that he doesn't want to get caught bandwagoning anyone early and then when I vote him he A. Reacts to it and B. tries really hard to brush it off

Indicates someone nervous about how they're viewed

Of course I am nervous about how I am viewed. Who isn't? It would sort of suck to wait so long for a game and then die right away.

Also, reacting to Rand-Lynches in a silly manner is a bad thing? It was just another vote.

My question to you is: why did you change your vote so fast? Plenty of people responded to their Rand-Lynch.
03-06-2015, 11:10 PM
EBWOP: Also Sotek budding with Ax pretty fast much? At least DC had the decency to ask why I was being lynched.
03-06-2015, 11:24 PM
(03-06-2015 06:07 PM)Acionyx Wrote:  Wide array of RVS votes in play and he's one of the last arriving players

Voting you instead of joining any of the already voted players is a hint that he doesn't want to get caught bandwagoning anyone early
So why didn't you vote for me instead? I joined even later and also didn't join any existing wagons.
03-06-2015, 11:47 PM
To be fair, I only asked because I didn't get it. If Sotek got it right away then why would he bother asking?

@Reyweld: Did you actually choose your vote on me because no-one else was voting for me at the time?

@Druple: Regardless of WHO Acio picked to go after for that reasoning, do you agree with the reasoning itself?
03-07-2015, 03:41 AM
(03-06-2015 11:08 PM)Reyweld Wrote:  Also, reacting to Rand-Lynches in a silly manner is a bad thing? It was just another vote.

My question to you is: why did you change your vote so fast? Plenty of people responded to their Rand-Lynch.

Note the contradiction here: "it's not a big thing" ("but other people did it why am ~I~ getting picked on")

Also not entirely sure what you're asking can you clarify that?

(03-06-2015 11:24 PM)Druplesnubb Wrote:  So why didn't you vote for me instead? I joined even later and also didn't join any existing wagons.

I kind of was but your post-DHI(? some recent game at least) thing wasn't happy about getting hit early so I wanted to give you a break this time
03-07-2015, 05:12 AM
(03-06-2015 11:10 PM)Reyweld Wrote:  EBWOP: Also Sotek budding with Ax pretty fast much? At least DC had the decency to ask why I was being lynched.

Acio and I have played together a lot, and have vaguely similar playstyles and attitudes. It should not be a surprise that we agree on things sometimes!

like that you're scum. Because you're pretty damn scummy right now.
03-07-2015, 06:24 AM
(03-07-2015 03:41 AM)Acionyx Wrote:  I kind of was but your post-DHI(? some recent game at least) thing wasn't happy about getting hit early so I wanted to give you a break this time

It was at the signup for this game, actually, back on page 1. You don't have to coddle me or anything. Interrogating and lynching peole you think act suspiciously is part of the game.

(03-06-2015 11:47 PM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  @Druple: Regardless of WHO Acio picked to go after for that reasoning, do you agree with the reasoning itself?

Yes, but only in an RVS-"don't have anything better to go on" context.
As for the "overreaction" thing, I'm kinda torn. On the one hand, Reyweld's reaction does is pretty over the top. But on the other hand, Acio and Para were already being pretty silly themselves. In fact, why did Acio go after Para first if he already had a scumtell on me and Reyweld? Looking through it again, it looks kind of like Acio deliberately setting up a whacky discussion with Para and then expliciting inviting Reyweld just so he can use it against him later.
Vote: Acionyx
03-07-2015, 07:34 AM
@DC: Yes, I really did vote you because no one else was voting for you. At that point, I had no idea who was scummy or what not, and I wanted to avoid bandwagonning and what not. I figured not voting would be even more suspicious then the previous two options, and lurking (and not posting) is boring and dumb.

@Acionyx:
(03-07-2015 03:41 AM)Acionyx Wrote:  
(03-06-2015 11:08 PM)Reyweld Wrote:  
Also, reacting to Rand-Lynches in a silly manner is a bad thing? It was just another vote.

Note the contradiction here: "it's not a big thing" ("but other people did it why am ~I~ getting picked on")

Also not entirely sure what you're asking can you clarify that?

The "contradiction" isn't there at all. In the first line I stated that reacting nonchalantly to Random Votes that have no meaning isn't something to be seen as suspicious. The second line I enquire as to what inspired you to change your vote so quickly; using the fact that plenty of people responded to their Random Lynches (although now I notice that I responded to your vote; which was your second vote and thus very much not random). I don't want to know why I'm being picked on, but why you cast that vote on me in the first place.

It's just... suspicious. Vote: Acionyx

@Sotek:
[Image: tumblr_mh07paBgFH1rd0rbzo1_500.gif]
03-07-2015, 07:47 AM
Man, that gif is just...I can't stop watching.

“One day you wake up and realize the world can be conquered.” - Doctor Impossible
03-07-2015, 08:24 AM
(03-07-2015 06:24 AM)Druplesnubb Wrote:  
(03-07-2015 03:41 AM)Acionyx Wrote:  I kind of was but your post-DHI(? some recent game at least) thing wasn't happy about getting hit early so I wanted to give you a break this time

It was at the signup for this game, actually, back on page 1. You don't have to coddle me or anything. Interrogating and lynching peole you think act suspiciously is part of the game.

(03-06-2015 11:47 PM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  @Druple: Regardless of WHO Acio picked to go after for that reasoning, do you agree with the reasoning itself?

Yes, but only in an RVS-"don't have anything better to go on" context.
As for the "overreaction" thing, I'm kinda torn. On the one hand, Reyweld's reaction does is pretty over the top. But on the other hand, Acio and Para were already being pretty silly themselves. In fact, why did Acio go after Para first if he already had a scumtell on me and Reyweld? Looking through it again, it looks kind of like Acio deliberately setting up a whacky discussion with Para and then expliciting inviting Reyweld just so he can use it against him later.
Vote: Acionyx

Man, asking me if I'm scum during rvs doesn't count as 'whacky'. Like if he straight asked me that at any other time you might have the makings of a point, but this feels like you're overreaching. P.S. Reywald waited until you voted Acionyx to actually react at all, and the disparity in the reaction wrt Acio vs. Sotek is VERY interesting, since Sotek basically said that their reasons for their vote is similar to Acio's because of similar playstyles and behavior.

In other words there's no reason for Reywald to call acio scummy and yet find Sotek's response acceptable on any level.

Vote: Reywald
03-07-2015, 08:36 AM
yeah I'm just going to +1 what Para just said.
03-07-2015, 09:10 AM
vote: dichotomousCreator

At first, I was sure that Acio's thing is just scum bait, and I was content to let it coast.

But now they are showing signs of actually believing it? Like, I have studied the first few posts that have started all this and I see NOTHING that implies that Reyweld is scum. Okay, so he replied to your vote? Who wouldn't? It wasn't even an "ahh why me" reply. It was a joke. You know, in a joke-y phase?

In fact, I want to point out, in Acio's post, that Reyweld "tried really hard to brush it off". I'm not seeing that at all.

So it seemed like a really transparent attempt to bait scum, and I don't know why Acio and Sotek are following it through this far, considering Reyweld's responses to this wagon were decent enough.

Decent up until that Acionyx vote. It had a very strong feeling of "oh someone voted Acionyx! I'm free to OMGUS!"

In conclusion, everyone came away from this exchange looking bad, except for maybe Aciotek, but only under the grounds that they knew what they were doing, in baiting scum.

dC looked the worst for being all "meh" and hopping on a wagon started by a known town leader without even questioning his logic, or making his own input on how Reyweld looks to him.

[Image: sig.gif]
03-07-2015, 09:12 AM
@Paranoid:
Quote:... P.S. Reywald waited until you voted Acionyx to actually react at all ...

I go to school from Monday through Friday, and my Ubuntu laptop has no battery life so I don't bring it to school. I posted #105 literally right before leaving to school, and arrived back 8 hours later to read posts 106 - 110. I replied right away and as soon as I could. So that settles that part.

Para Wrote:... the disparity in the reaction wrt Acio vs. Sotek is VERY interesting, since Sotek basically said that their reasons for their vote is similar to Acio's because of similar playstyles and behavior. ...
Sotek Wrote:Acio and I have played together a lot, and have vaguely similar playstyles and attitudes. It should not be a surprise that we agree on things sometimes!
like that you're scum. Because you're pretty damn scummy right now.

And I was expected to react to this how? It basically dodges around any sort of real answer, plus I've never played forum mafia before so I have no idea if he is telling the truth. Acceptable isn't "I think your town", it's just... acceptable. As acceptable as eating a pie out of a dead rat's mouth. I am going after Ax because his sole reason for going after me is based around my reaction of him switching to vote for me (in a completely non-random and scummy way). I still want to know what made him (Ax) change his rand-vote from truthhurts to me.

What do you want from me to prove my innocence? It is simply my personality that caused post #85, and post #76 was just a vote saying "Hello yes I am here." and submitting a Lynch for the fun of it.

If worse comes to worse, I am also willing to claim.
03-07-2015, 09:32 AM
i hate grasping at straws for vague reasons to lynch but i think acio is probably town and so is reywald
would probably look at some of the later voters more???
bleh i can't read like 2 posts
unvote
03-07-2015, 09:43 AM
Unvote

I Just went back and saw that Mquinny voted for DC before I did and also completely avoided notice from both Acionyx and I. Curious. Does anyone have anything to say about that, particularly you, Acionyx and Sotek, both of which voted me for being the "only one" voting DC. (Yes I am aware this is a little hypocritical, as I didn't notice them either)

Votals

Sotek: (1) (Anacreon)
Mirdini: (1) (Beruru)
Acionyx: (2) (Vancho1, Druplesnubb)
Truth: (1) (Speedchuck,)
Garuru: (1) (Truthurts22)
DC: (2) (Mquinny, Garuru)
Reyweld: (4) ( Acionyx, Sotek, DC, Paranoia)
No Lynch: (0)

Abstaining: (3) ( Mirdini, Donut, Reyweld)
03-07-2015, 09:45 AM
... yes, Acio's vote-switch was non-random.

Are you seriously trying to base your case on the fact Acio switched to you for a reason, instead of doing so randomly?
03-07-2015, 09:46 AM
I voted you for overreacting to Acio's vote, not for voting on DC.
03-07-2015, 09:51 AM
Guys, he offered to claim. Seems pretty new!town that doesn't know how to defend himself to me.
03-07-2015, 09:53 AM
(03-07-2015 09:43 AM)Reyweld Wrote:  I Just went back and saw that Mquinny voted for DC before I did

Huh, that is strange. Oh, I know why, it's because it's not true. I think you're confused. You voted in post #76, I voted in #81.

“One day you wake up and realize the world can be conquered.” - Doctor Impossible
03-07-2015, 09:55 AM
(03-07-2015 09:43 AM)Reyweld Wrote:  Unvote

I Just went back and saw that Mquinny voted for DC before I did and also completely avoided notice from both Acionyx and I.
No he didn't. You voted for DC on post 76, he voted for DC on post 81.
That's all for me tonight. I'll be back tomorrow.
03-07-2015, 09:56 AM
I think that people were reading too much into things though, but then again, it's day 1 so...any reason will do possibly.

Still, Acio and Sotek's turn on Reywald is lousy.

03-07-2015, 10:41 AM
Unvote

Alright, this has gone far enough. I think I know what Acio's doing, and I think he's done it sufficiently to find a new target. I'm assuming Sotek is doing the same thing. We're out of RVS now you two so you can knock it off, Reyweld isn't ACTUALLY that scummy and you both know it.

...Vote: Garuru I don't like your reasoning for voting me. Basically at the time Sotek hadn't provided any additional reasoning (or even done questioning like in #107?) but you let him off the hook because he "knows what he's doing" and I don't?

FYI I'm pretty sure it wasn't so much baiting scum to hop on the lynch as getting a lynch started at ALL so that discussions back and forth would occur. To that end, more people on it = more varied and interesting discussion. For example: If I hadn't hopped on we wouldn't have that data point on you! Or me, for that matter.

@Para: I'm fairly sure Reyweld is criticizing the behaviour and pointing out Acio as the ringleader? Like, my read here is flailing town (a fact actually ENHANCED by the "MQ voted before me" blunder. Scum have NO excuse for not checking their story when there are so few pages, so unless you think he did that for wine I'm just not seeing Rey as scum)

@Druple...uh, that WAS an RVS-nothing-better-to-go-on context, wasn't it?
03-07-2015, 11:05 AM
dC you asked for Acio's reasoning beforehand. Really made it look like you didn't know what he and Sotek were up to. With Sotek, and I'm sorry for meta, but I know him well enough to know that he wouldn't blindly hop on lynches as scum. I can't say the same about you.

Also scum bait and getting discussions started are pretty much interchangeable imo.

03-07-2015, 11:24 AM
Hmm, fair enough, Unvote.

I asked for his reasoning for picking that SPECIFIC target, though. I knew why he was picking a target in the first place already, I just wasn't seeing what about Reyweld's behaviour made him a good one. Plus...look I'll be honest, Acio being cagey about his reasons for jumping on people is not my thing so even if I was clairvoyant I'd be asking him that to get him to tell everyone ELSE what he was doing for a change.
03-07-2015, 12:23 PM
Reywelds reactions are null tells and feel like that he is infact new. as for new!scum or new!town i cant really tell at this point.

[Image: sonicsig2.jpg]
Steam
03-07-2015, 12:46 PM
why are his reactions null tells, ana

"Have some wine," the March Hare said in an encouraging tone.
Alice looked all round the table, but there was nothing on it but tea.
"I don't see any wine," she remarked.

(06-25-2013 09:31 AM)Chirality Wrote:  And then everyone cut the simplest explanations in tiny pieces then set them on fire then threw them in a lake and poisoned the lake.
03-07-2015, 12:59 PM
I'm going to Unvote: Acio since we're out of rvs now.

My thoughts on the whole thing:

Mirdini? Probably busy, since last post was in Feb.

Reyweld: On one hand, the reaction to this is really defensive and suspicious. On the other, I kind of acted like that when I was new at mafia (as town), so I really can't say for certain whether I want to take that as a sign of being suspicious.

I'm not sure about things right now, so I'll hold off on voting.

03-07-2015, 01:11 PM
unvote
Actually Garu kind of sums up how i feel about reywald now that i am looking over his post again.

@beru
null tells in that i cant tell if its panicy new!scum or panicy new!town.

preview edit: and Vancho ninjas me saying the exact same thing i typed to answer beru's question.

[Image: sonicsig2.jpg]
Steam
03-07-2015, 01:51 PM
(03-07-2015 09:53 AM)MQuinny1234 Wrote:  
(03-07-2015 09:43 AM)Reyweld Wrote:  I Just went back and saw that Mquinny voted for DC before I did

Huh, that is strange. Oh, I know why, it's because it's not true. I think you're confused. You voted in post #76, I voted in #81.

Oh. Okay this is true. I voted DC on #76 and MQ voted him on #81. Please Ignore #118, everything (except votals) is invalid.

Yes, I am a very defensive person. A lot of people are, they have just acquired more subtle means of doing so through experience.
03-07-2015, 01:54 PM
The argument I see bandied about a lot is that town can't win by just being defensive but scum CAN win by just being defensive, so just being defensive is generally seen as a sign of being scummy.

To that end, Reyweld, what do you think about me and Garu's little sideshow to the whole affair involving you?
03-07-2015, 02:24 PM
(03-07-2015 09:51 AM)speedchuck Wrote:  Guys, he offered to claim. Seems pretty new!town that doesn't know how to defend himself to me.

Neat do you have any insights into the other people who have shown up in this affair? In particular garuru and paranoia?

(03-07-2015 09:56 AM)MQuinny1234 Wrote:  I think that people were reading too much into things though, but then again, it's day 1 so...any reason will do possibly.

Still, Acio and Sotek's turn on Reywald is lousy.

Which one of us do you dislike more? Out of Paranoia/DC/Garuru who do you think is most likely town?

(03-07-2015 12:59 PM)Vancho1 Wrote:  I'm going to Unvote: Acio since we're out of rvs now.

My thoughts on the whole thing:

Mirdini? Probably busy, since last post was in Feb.

Reyweld: On one hand, the reaction to this is really defensive and suspicious. On the other, I kind of acted like that when I was new at mafia (as town), so I really can't say for certain whether I want to take that as a sign of being suspicious.

I'm not sure about things right now, so I'll hold off on voting.

What are your thoughts on the way DC joined the reyweld lynch?

Quote:Hmm, fair enough, Unvote.

I asked for his reasoning for picking that SPECIFIC target, though. I knew why he was picking a target in the first place already, I just wasn't seeing what about Reyweld's behaviour made him a good one. Plus...look I'll be honest, Acio being cagey about his reasons for jumping on people is not my thing so even if I was clairvoyant I'd be asking him that to get him to tell everyone ELSE what he was doing for a change.

How do you think laying out reasons for everyone else helps in baiting?

Lynch: DC

@sotek/mirdini: what is your opinion on DC's 133?
03-07-2015, 02:43 PM
Well, if you actually PROVIDE your reasons for lynching your target then the lynch looks more legitimate and is easier to join without providing additional reasoning. It also creates more discussion because people will discuss the reasons put forth rather than just going "I agree/disagree that <target> looks scummy".

Also I feel like "baiting" is something of a misnomer here? The aim is to get EVERYONE talking and gather data points on them, not to trick scum into performing a specific action. If your intention was JUST to see who'd hop on the lynch without much prompting then I'd agree that putting down the reasoning is counterproductive. However, I also don't think that tactic is useful at the moment and I don't think it was what you were trying to do, either.

(In summary, it totally is useful if "baiting" refers to "getting us out of RVS", and if "baiting" refers to literal baiting then what we have here is my playstyle being at odds with yours)
03-07-2015, 02:51 PM
Noted.

Why did you unvote garuru at the top of the page?
03-07-2015, 02:58 PM
My reasoning for voting him was that he said Sotek knew was he was doing and I didn't. I didn't see it that way, so the reasoning looked suspicious. He explained it was because I asked why Reyweld was a good lynch target and Sotek didn't. This made his reasoning make sense to me, so the reason for my vote went away.

Also you meant post #127, yes? That's about halfway down page 3 for me
03-07-2015, 03:38 PM
The argument in #133 is nonsense, because it conflates two distinct meanings of the word "defensive", as best I can tell?

The question looks like engagement? And generally maybe-townish.

Hm. MQuinny, Druplesnubb, Vancho, speedchuck, beru, anacreon, and donut all had the chance to join the wagon, and didn't.

I'm liking Para's wagon-argument, Acio was pushing it, and dC is feeling like town to me. so from *that* point of view... Hm. Also, speedchuck's "he's willing to claim guys! that's going to prove he's town!" is uh, 'interesting'. (I think we should probably assume the scumteam has some fakeclaims?)
03-07-2015, 03:45 PM
Hey man, I'm just a dude, I dunno what's going on here, I'm scared and alone, that guy's dead and we're gonna kill another guy holy glob ahhhh

But yeah I retract my vote until I can deduce something of myself.

Punching people with the truth.
03-07-2015, 03:53 PM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2015 03:55 PM by amosmyn.)
The scum team is provided fakeclaimable roles and the town wincon (they also know of how quirky the QTs were written, so dont bother trying to test them)
Also, please write "unvote" in bold if you are unvoting. If it is not bolded it does not count.
03-07-2015, 03:57 PM
@DC:
Garuru on 115 Wrote:At first, I was sure that Acio's thing is just scum bait, and I was content to let it coast. / But now they are showing signs of actually believing it? Like, I have studied the first few posts that have started all this and I see NOTHING that implies that Reyweld is scum. ...
Garuru on 115 Wrote:... In conclusion, everyone came away from this exchange looking bad, except for maybe Aciotek, but only under the grounds that they knew what they were doing, in baiting scum.

Garuru states that Aciox/Sotek seem to have nothing on me, and then says that they were the only ones not looking more scummy afterwards? And he has no Acio/Sotek follow-up? Definitely scum-tastic. The worst thing about this is that he says (and supports) that Acio has no idea what he is doing, and then concludes by saying he is the only person who knew what they were doing. (“In fact, I want to point out, in Acio's post, that Reyweld "tried really hard to brush it off". I'm not seeing that at all.” - 115)

DC on 98 Wrote:@Acio: I...didn't really get that vibe from that post? It looked like a standard "show up, toss out a vote" thing. Unless "Nener" means something I'm not familiar with?
DC on 101 Wrote:Hmmm... / *shrug* / Vote: Reyweld / inb4 quintvoter
Garuru on 115 Wrote:... dC looked the worst for being all "meh" and hopping on a wagon started by a known town leader without even questioning his logic, or making his own input on how Reyweld looks to him.

DC does question the logic in 98, invalidating the end part of Garuru's 115. However, I won't hold it against him as you were shrugging off any attempt of arguing.

What makes Aciox a Known Town Leader? Or is that Meta? Because that is a super dumb reason to trust someone or their logic.

DC on 125 Wrote:Basically at the time Sotek hadn't provided any additional reasoning (or even done questioning like in #107?) but you let him off the hook because he "knows what he's doing" and I don't?
DC on 125 Wrote:@Para: I'm fairly sure Reyweld is criticizing the behaviour and pointing out Acio as the ringleader?

I agree with this so much it hurts. I sense serious Aciox/Sotek/Garuru budding. Together they are the flower that is scum (in my mind).

Garuru on 126 Wrote:dC you asked for Acio's reasoning beforehand. Really made it look like you didn't know what he and Sotek were up to. With Sotek, and I'm sorry for meta, but I know him well enough to know that he wouldn't blindly hop on lynches as scum.

More suspicious meta. Criticizes DC for asking why Reyweld. More contradictions (“... and hopping on a wagon started by a known town leader without even questioning his logic”) (“dC you asked for Acio's reasoning beforehand.”) . Scum, scum, scum.

Through this sequence, DC looks town, asking the right questions, having points that don't go against each other; and Garuru looks like he needs to be fed to the candy zombies.

In conclusion, Vote: Garuru for budding, contradictions, meta and more(as seen above).

I'm going to bed.
03-07-2015, 04:00 PM
UNVOTE k'mate?

Punching people with the truth.
03-07-2015, 04:08 PM
Thoughts on dC jumping on Reyweld:

Kinda weird. Says, "Sotek, please elaborate" in #99, but then votes Reyweld before sotek posts. Also, asks for explanation for you, Acio, to vote Reyweld, but it seems more like an excuse to get on the bandwagon anyway.

dC might feel a little scummy to me. TruthHurts and Reyweld are broadcasting "New Player" so strong that it muddles any other signals. Acio seems to be scumhunting, but it feels like Acio in basically every mafia game, so that doesn't mean very much.

03-07-2015, 04:11 PM
(03-07-2015 04:08 PM)Vancho1 Wrote:  dC might feel a little scummy to me. TruthHurts and Reyweld are broadcasting "New Player" so strong that it muddles any other signals. Acio seems to be scumhunting, but it feels like Acio in basically every mafia game, so that doesn't mean very much.

Elaborate?
03-07-2015, 04:45 PM
Well, dC asked you for your motivation for voting Reyweld, and then latched onto the vote - it seemed like dC took your argument mostly at face value, and basically was parroting you, except not even that - just a vote with little justification.

03-07-2015, 05:15 PM
@Sotek: The use of the word "defensive" was supposed to be with respect to defending oneself from suspicion.

So if town players do nothing but defend themselves then the town cannot win (we have to actually find and lynch the scum), but if scum players do nothing but defend themselves they are perfectly capable of winning (as they have a night kill and simply need to survive long enough for it to thin out the town). Hence, doing nothing but self-defending is ONLY a viable tactic for scum, and hence doing it seems scummy.

The point of that post was to give Reyweld some motivation to engage with the rest of the game rather than simply self-defending. Which he does in #141! Yay!

As for that contribution...

@Reyweld: Few things to address here. I've put it in spoiler tags because it got kinda long and involves some explanatory stuff. It should largely be irrelevant to everyone else except possibly Garuru (although people who are analyzing me may wish to read it regardless)

- Acio is a "known town leader" for meta reasons, yes. Of course he could be scum in any given game, but as town he often takes up leadership and so Garu was essentially saying I was using that fact as an excuse to cast a vote without having to justify it beyond "Acio thought it was a good idea". In that way Acio's alignment is mostly irrelevant. What IS relevant is me "passing the buck" in terms of responsibility for my vote. I didn't really feel like I did, but it's a reasonable position for Garu to have.

- Garu is saying that Acio doesn't have very solid reasons to want you lynched. That's different from not knowing what he's doing. I think his point is that Acio and Sotek look bad IF they're legitimately pushing for a lynch on you as hard as they seem to be, but okay if their aim is to get discussion going and get reactions/votes out of people by having a lynch train rolling.

Personally I think they went overboard with seeming assured with their course of action, but the underlying plan was sound. It's harsh on the D1 lynch target if they don't know what's going on, which does suck for you, but it works. Think of it like this: Acio lynching you early on has moved the game out of random voting and onto play in earnest, and THAT was the goal of the whole thing as opposed to actually getting you killed. (That's not to say they WON'T lynch you if they think you're the scummiest by day's end, but given how little evidence they're going on it's very easy for someone to become scummier than you based on their reaction to your lynch)

- Trying to draw connections like Garu/Acio/Sotek this early in the game is tempting, but generally speaking futile. Simply put, you ain't gonna guess the entire scumteam straight out of the gates :V

In summary, I believe Garu's point was that Acio and Sotek look okay IF their motivation was more "get people to talk" and less "get Reyweld lynched". Garu was unsure on this point, I'm inclined to believe that since Acio moved onto me quite quickly that probably was he was doing. Sotek I am less sure about, admittedly.

Although I AM left a little confused about Garu's thoughts on Acio and Sotek now that you mention it. Fortunately there's an easy remedy:

@Garuru: How accurate was my assessment of your thoughts here? Does Acio hopping onto me make you feel better about him? Does Sotek NOT hopping off Reyweld make you feel worse about him?

That's a thing, too. If something someone's said seems weird, ask them about it! Single out other players and ask them about it, too (note how Acio went recruiting opinions about my post #133). It both offers insight into the player you're asking AND provides alternative points of view. As a bonus, communication issues can often get cleared up in the process.
03-07-2015, 06:06 PM
does this game already feel "hollow" to any of you guys.

it feels like.... the substance is not here. something is missing.

"Have some wine," the March Hare said in an encouraging tone.
Alice looked all round the table, but there was nothing on it but tea.
"I don't see any wine," she remarked.

(06-25-2013 09:31 AM)Chirality Wrote:  And then everyone cut the simplest explanations in tiny pieces then set them on fire then threw them in a lake and poisoned the lake.
03-07-2015, 06:29 PM
Hmm...maybe there's not that much responsiveness?

Like it's all walls and one-liners without that much in between, the main point of contention is someone who most people's reads of are obfuscated by newbreads...

I feel like maybe we tried to force leaving RVS too hard and ended up stranded? Like there's not enough stuff to discuss, but we don't feel like we can do more randavoting. I dunno.
03-07-2015, 09:28 PM
pressed for time here but dont wanna make y'all wait.

the contradiction regarding dc that reyweld brought up wasnt strictly a contradiction because dc pointedly did not question the logic that was presented AFTER he had answered their question. it was like:
dc: why this?
acio: (stuff)
dc: okay! *hops on*
note that this all relies on acionyxs stuff being inconsistent, which it was.

although that leads to my second answer. yes aciotek looked fine ONLY if they were baiting. because it all felt really intentional to me.

and yes, meta is an important part of the game. like it or not, some people here have played like dozens of games. those people KNOW how scum behaves so its worthwhile taking their leadership, on the condition that you also form your own opinions and also suspect them all the while. but really, taking acionyx down d1 is a fools errand is what im saying.

lets see... acionyx and sotek are both perfectly null because both have played in line with what i expected from them. their current targets dont really factor in my views on them yet.

and yeah it is still really early, for the level of aggression that has been going around? like i feel like we are in D3 already, but without the posts that come before it. how odd.

i hope this answered any of your questions. time to sleep.

03-07-2015, 11:15 PM
I'm back again, man there's been a lot of posts. Let's start by responding to some specific posts:
(03-07-2015 09:12 AM)Reyweld Wrote:  And I was expected to react to this how? It basically dodges around any sort of real answer, plus I've never played forum mafia before so I have no idea if he is telling the truth. Acceptable isn't "I think your town", it's just... acceptable. As acceptable as eating a pie out of a dead rat's mouth. I am going after Ax because his sole reason for going after me is based around my reaction of him switching to vote for me (in a completely non-random and scummy way). I still want to know what made him (Ax) change his rand-vote from truthhurts to me.
If Acionyx votes you for shitty reasons and Sotek says he's voting youbecause he agrees with Acionyx, then Sotek is voting you for shitty reasons.
Reyweldcould go either way at this point, but if he's newbscum rather than newbtown I could see him buddying with Sotek.
(03-07-2015 10:41 AM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  @Druple...uh, that WAS an RVS-nothing-better-to-go-on context, wasn't it?
Yes it was. If you look back at my post you'll see that I didn't vote Acio for his reasoning behind targeting Reyweld, but rather how he went about it. Though apparently it was just a gambit to get us out of RVS and catch bandwagoners.

Unvote. DC's explanation feels iffy to me, like he's backtracking after the fact. If this was all just to start discussion, wouldn't accusing Sotek of bandwagoning be beneficial to that goal? Vote: DC

@Donut and Beruru: What are your thoughts on all of this?