Complete Adventure Mafia [4/15] Oh Deer [Town Wins]
03-08-2015, 02:20 AM
RE: Adventure Mafia [15/15] Day 1: Splitting Headaches
(03-07-2015 06:06 PM)beruru Wrote:  does this game already feel "hollow" to any of you guys.

it feels like.... the substance is not here. something is missing.

The answer is this:

(03-07-2015 09:10 AM)Garuru Wrote:  At first, I was sure that Acio's thing is just scum bait, and I was content to let it coast.

(03-07-2015 03:38 PM)Sotek Wrote:  Hm. MQuinny, Druplesnubb, Vancho, speedchuck, beru, anacreon, and donut all had the chance to join the wagon, and didn't.

And those^^^

The RVS breaking format in the future should be lynching anyone who can plausibly say something like garu did if they aren't actively trying to break RVS because they're looking out for themselves first
03-08-2015, 03:54 AM
Sotek do you legit still think reyweld is scummy after the wonky conclusions in his DCvotepost?

Mirdini: (1) (Beruru)
Truth: (1) (Speedchuck)
DC: (4) (Quinny, Garuru, Acionyx, Druplesnubb)
Garuru: (1) (Reyweld)
Reyweld: (2) (Sotek, Paranoia)

Abstaining: (Mirdini, Donut, Vancho, Anacreon, Trth, DC)
03-08-2015, 06:11 AM
(03-07-2015 05:15 PM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  @Sotek: The use of the word "defensive" was supposed to be with respect to defending oneself from suspicion.

So if town players do nothing but defend themselves then the town cannot win (we have to actually find and lynch the scum), but if scum players do nothing but defend themselves they are perfectly capable of winning (as they have a night kill and simply need to survive long enough for it to thin out the town). Hence, doing nothing but self-defending is ONLY a viable tactic for scum, and hence doing it seems scummy.

Well... but it's actually more complicated than that.

If we lynch the "least towny person" every day, town can totally win by everyone just being townlike and defending from suspicion.

That's really hard, obviously, but it's a thing.

Not that this argument is terribly relevant, heh.

(03-08-2015 03:54 AM)Acionyx Wrote:  Sotek do you legit still think reyweld is scummy after the wonky conclusions in his DCvotepost?

Well, I think scum don't want to lynch him.
Him being more interested in attacking you than me (when our behavior towards him had me the scummier of us) is also a thing, but that might be partially a valuation disagreement which ties into... He's very blatantly a new player.

And actually, I'm liking his #141?

Garuru then doubles down on saying things without rendering opinions in #149, so you know what?

Vote: Garuru.
03-08-2015, 06:32 AM
Quote:Well, I think scum don't want to lynch him.

Alternatively given the people you listed are all relatively experienced and that the lynch was you/me/para/DC scum didn't want to stick out. And town didn't either which is aggravating as shit.

Garu is a lynch I can get behind though since it's clear from his comments that he was definitely playing it safe and he opted for the weakest available voter

Lynch: Garuru
03-08-2015, 07:43 AM
You mean, like, out of Acionyx, Sotek, and dC? [prevedit note: Para voted for a different reason, for Reyweld's reaction to your initial wagon]

Didn't I already give my reasons why? It didn't look like dC was in on the whole scum baiting thing, unlike you two.

Also yeah I fully admit trying to get you two lynched D1 is pointless not only because it won't happen but because you two won't respond to pressure as well as some other newbies.

But yeah, opinions.

(03-07-2015 09:56 AM)MQuinny1234 Wrote:  I think that people were reading too much into things though, but then again, it's day 1 so...any reason will do possibly.

Still, Acio and Sotek's turn on Reywald is lousy.

This makes me want to vote: MQuinny1234, considering how it didn't really contribute anything to the discussion, and was just parroting some of us.

dC is fine, really. Only reason I voted him was because of Reyweld wagon hop, and he already made it explicit that he was in on the scumbait thing. Admittedly, a little bit suspicious, but not really an avenue I'd like to pursue today at least.

[Image: sig.gif]
03-08-2015, 07:52 AM
i have no clue what acio and sotek are doing re their votes but if one of them is scum that's probably an issue bc it seems like they both are just considering each other town
if both of them are scum that would also be an issue for obvious reasons

also uh
still no clue about d1 because i can't d1 well
03-08-2015, 08:13 AM
(03-08-2015 07:52 AM)icanhasdonut Wrote:  i have no clue what acio and sotek are doing re their votes but if one of them is scum that's probably an issue bc it seems like they both are just considering each other town

also uh
You know, you still haven't voted on anybody. Whom among the playerlist are you most in favor of lynching?
03-08-2015, 08:16 AM
Actually, that post replies to Truthhurts and Beruru (who still has an RVS vote on a guy who's been inactive since gamestart) too.
03-08-2015, 08:16 AM
(03-08-2015 07:52 AM)icanhasdonut Wrote:  i have no clue what acio and sotek are doing re their votes but if one of them is scum that's probably an issue bc it seems like they both are just considering each other town

also uh

Oh look the laziest thing

You don't get to come in and drop fearmongering if you aren't going to try to participate in the day

If you think me or sotek is scum then come up with a case because "oh no WHAT IF??????" is bullshit and you know it. If you don't then analyze someone else, townhunt whatever but you've got zero business whinging about active people if you aren't going to substantiate it or put in some effort of your own.
03-08-2015, 08:20 AM
Hi druple you are officially immune to being voted by me today!

If I were ~*~*hypothetically*~*~* going to daykill one of speedchuck or donut who would you prefer I take out?
03-08-2015, 08:37 AM
From an information standpoint Speedchuck defended Reyweld while Donut attacked the people going after Garuru. The latter is more subtle while still not being overcomplicated, so it looks more like something that scum would actually do, which is a point in favor of targetting Donut.

From a meta standpoint Donut claims to act this way because he sucks at Day 1. It was a while since I last played and I've never noticed his playstyle much, so I don't know how well Donut's other games support this. If they do, that's a point against killing Donut, but if they don't that's a point for him.

Though I would say that the best option is to wait a while, let Donut and Speedchuck read this, see how they respond, and then deciding.
03-08-2015, 08:46 AM
See the thing is that speedchuck dropped a low effort comment in response to what was going on and then poofed out; claim=town is sort of ~conventional wisdom~ and adds basically zero to the game other than "oh hay i defend town guys looky". It's potentially A Thing with provided fakeclaims (although I'm more town on reyweld than not)

Also meta for "oh no day one is hard" just lets scumdonut skip out on the day while he drops anklebiter comments like the above
03-08-2015, 08:50 AM
Busy this weekend guys, sorry. Will post more when available.
03-08-2015, 09:11 AM
i was more commenting on how it's a thing
i wasn't planning on really pursuing it until later but okay???

@druple's lynch question
proooobably paranoia? his vote on rey was ehhhh and i don't really see a case on reywald anyways
03-08-2015, 09:19 AM
(03-08-2015 08:46 AM)Acionyx Wrote:  See the thing is that speedchuck dropped a low effort comment in response to what was going on and then poofed out; claim=town is sort of ~conventional wisdom~ and adds basically zero to the game other than "oh hay i defend town guys looky". It's potentially A Thing with provided fakeclaims (although I'm more town on reyweld than not)

Also meta for "oh no day one is hard" just lets scumdonut skip out on the day while he drops anklebiter comments like the above
I take it you think Donut's comment required more effort than Speedchuck's, then? Looking through it again I think I'll agree (he at least needed to how you and Sotek acted towards each other), but not by much.

It's possible that I'm just sympathizing a little too much (since I got either directly or indirectly killed due to Day 1 events in my last three games). I've also been wary of disregarding meta when lynching since Witch Hunt 4 when we mislynched Priest MV Day 1 when he still was in his Mislynch Magnet phase. Then again, I'm still participating Day 1 in this game and MV was still active in that game, even if he wasn't very good at it. Donut should at least try to contribute.

@Speedchuck: If true that kind of sucks. Waiting until Monday for you to arrive and start talking is problematic though because it leaves us with very little time to respond to said hypothetical daykill.
03-08-2015, 09:22 AM
Ah, speak of the devil! How about maybe following that assessment up with an actual vote? Maybe give a reason why Speedchuck (or another player) would be a better target than you? (Showing beats telling in this case.)
03-08-2015, 09:55 AM
SKIM MILK POST

I see nothing on Reyweld wat.
OK, so he's now nervous, getting a newbtown vibe.
Basically agree with all of post #115.
@125: So sassy. Maybe OMGUS?
@127: Geez dC, folding so easily, avoiding conflict. It's almost as if you regret your vote of retaliation.
@134 with Acio: I like Garuru. I basically agree with everything he's said in my skim read so far. I feel very little about Para, but what I feel isn't really towny. Like, I could see his reactions and posts coming from either town or scum, pretty easily.
@138,140: I've never played a game with Fakeclaimable roles before. That weakens my town argument for Reyweld, but I still don't see scum on him. (Are these fakeclaimable roles to counter flavour?)
@141: Reyweld, I disagree with your points on Garuru. I feel like your argument doesn't follow. Just because Acio and Sotek had nothing on you does not make them look worse and you better. It's in the reaction.
And yeah, Acio's meta is that he is a leader. And Garuru was pointing out that it is a bad reason to follow. Not sure what you are reading.
Do not feel good about the above post.
@147 Yes.
@162: You know, sometimes something needs to be said and the player doesn't have time to build a great wall for you. It doesn't have to be 'I am still here' filler.
Overall, I could go for a dC lynch, I suppose. But I think he's already got some votes on him, so I can go there later today.
Could also go for Vancho or MQ, not because of what they have said, but what they haven't said, while still being here. MQ over Vanch.
Vote MQ for now

Oh, and what do you want to know from me as far as the hypothetical daykill goes?

Back to my guest who I am neglecting rudely ATM.
03-08-2015, 10:00 AM
Quote:I take it you think Donut's comment required more effort than Speedchuck's, then?

No they both require about the same effort for about the same usefulness; speedchuck's thing wasn't remotely necessary to stop a lynch and he doesn't draw any conclusions to act upon. It's a perfectly safe way to sit and do nothing.

Donut's likewise doesn't result in any conclusions to follow through; he doesn't even say he considers it a likely situation just something that can happen. It's as useful as me saying "reyweld could be scum and dc/sotek/para could all be bussing him". It's useless fillerfluff unless an actual case gets laid out.

Which makes choosing really difficult.

Sotek/Reyweld what's your opinion on this question? post 160 if you need a reference
03-08-2015, 10:22 AM
Heading to work, opinions on mirdini and vancho in kill options would be appreciated as well
03-08-2015, 10:51 AM
not mirdini - being AFK like that is a notell, imo?

vancho ... ehhh, I'd rather try running a wagon up and seeing what happens, if we're doing something with vancho.

I think of speedchuck or donut - both of whom seem less likely to be informative wagons - I'd prefer a shot on speedchuck? but I certainly wouldn't cry if donut vanished mysteriously.
03-08-2015, 11:05 AM
@Chuck: I do not like you criticizing me for being logical. I placed a vote on Garu for a specific reason, he provided an explanation that nullified that reason, I removed my vote. I will quite simply NOT be beholden to "being consistent" at the expense of doing the sensible thing. Being able to change opinions rapidly in response to new information is actually really important.

(Sorry if this got rant-y but this is something of a sticking point for me. Please don't take anything personally! D: )

@Sotek: Yeah but town can't lynch the least towny person or even determine who it IS without doing stuff other than being defensive! I mean ultimately that process is what scumhunting is.

You're right this argument isn't important but we sure are both interested in it! :V

Donut's meta is basically the opposite of what mine was when I started, i.e. low word count posts to the point of irritation. That's by no means an excuse for his current behaviour, but I have a certain level of sympathy for that making him look worse.

@Garuwagon: I'm...not crazy about Garu's MQ vote. I don't feel like that many people were being critical of Aciotek (Reyweld, as the target, doesn't really count) so that MQ post isn't ENTIRELY vacuous (it would have been nice if he'd elaborated a bit, but MQ's meta is similar to donut's from memory). Combined with the fact that that post was the ONLY reason to vote MQ there and it feels a bit weak. However Garu's other stuff looks better to me than it does to the people voting him for it, so while he's in the bottom half I'm not on board with this yet.

@Chuck (again): What has Vancho not said, exactly? I thought he'd been relatively participatory. Your Reyweld read also seems to hop back and forth, which is fine but I'd like to know where it's at right now?

I would probably be voting Chuck at this stage if he was not preoccupied and thus unresponsive. As it stands I'm actually going to Lynch: Beruru as what she's doing strikes me as similar to donut's "I suck d1" but more subtle.

I can weigh in on the daykill thing if desired but I'll let Acio's nominated people do so first.
03-08-2015, 11:42 AM
I see Sotek/Acio being a voting bloc this game... I wonder if it means anything?

People who I think have not said anything of substance today:

Quinney, Donut, Mirdini.

Thoughts on each of them:

Mirdini seems like he's actually busy, considering that he hasn't posted since late February at all. Even though he confirmed, it is very possible that being AFK is due to RL stuff, which makes me hesitant to lynch him D1.

Donut: Thinks acio and reyweld are town, but hasn't really explained (117). Other two actual posts are suggesting Acio/Sotek scum (without much reasoning, see 156), and then saying that paranoia was suspicious with also very little reasoning (164) ['sides, the reasoning is based on the Reyweld thing, which I think we've all agreed was just to get out of RVS?]

Quinney: Disapproved of Reyweld lynch, that's about it.

Based on Donut's sudden change from acio!town to acio!maybescum, I'll go Vote:Donut.

The one, the only, Vancho!
03-08-2015, 11:47 AM
speed he kind of had a half hearted defense of reywald and kind of has a town read on him only because he threatened to claim really early.
donut is being blarg. His fear mongering is something most of the more experienced people know already and most of us are most likely keeping an eye on sotek and acio. So it doesnt really contribute anything to the discussion.

shooting donut would be pretty much be on policy I feel and would not really give too much information.

between speedchuck/donut being shot. I think shooting speed would be the better option.

@donut: I cant really d1 all that well either it doesnt stop me from getting my opinions on there.

Mirdini hasnt really posted yet so i wouldnt want him shot. I would like his take on things though.
Vancho i dont really want him shot at this juncture since i find my self agreeing with his points.

Question for everyone: what is your take on garu/dc interactions so far?

[Image: sonicsig2.jpg]
Steam
03-08-2015, 11:54 AM
my vote was not technically a rvs vote. i know mirdini is watching. therefore, mirdini should be posting

at least say hi, dini :T

"Have some wine," the March Hare said in an encouraging tone.
Alice looked all round the table, but there was nothing on it but tea.
"I don't see any wine," she remarked.

(06-25-2013 09:31 AM)Chirality Wrote:  And then everyone cut the simplest explanations in tiny pieces then set them on fire then threw them in a lake and poisoned the lake.
03-08-2015, 12:01 PM
@Beru: Could I prod you into answering Anac's question in #173 and after Reyweld does so Acio's one in #160?

Also if you couldn't vote for Mirdini who would you be voting for?
03-08-2015, 02:12 PM
Quote:If I were ~*~*hypothetically*~*~* going to daykill one of speedchuck or donut who would you prefer I take out?

Looking at Donut, they are just avoiding Day 1 involvement for meta reasons (“still no clue about d1 because i can't d1 well” -156), which again, I have no idea if this is true or not. Because my tidbit of meta is that I have no idea about anyone else's meta. Also they are avoiding conflict with Aciotek (see posts 156; 164) because they think it is futile? They should at least try.

Turning my attention to Speed, he looks very busy irl. But also:
Speedchuck on 167 Wrote:Reyweld, I disagree with your points on Garuru. I feel like your argument doesn't follow.
Like this one? Very vague. Possible budding with Garuru, but I won't hold it against him because they're busy irl and may not have had time to read both my and Garuru's posts.

Still Speedchuck on 167 Wrote:And yeah, Acio's meta is that he is a leader. And Garuru was pointing out that it is a bad reason to follow. Not sure what you are reading.

I will now invite everyone to take the time to read posts #115 and #141. Garuru certainly isn't point that out. Speedchuck is definitely trying to slight my valid arguments made. Budding? Check.

So, I would shoot Speed, because donut is a little scummy, but Speedchuck is more so.

Quote:What is your take on garu/dc interactions so far?

Spoiler'd for long:
#115: Garuru makes a move on DC. Not a very good one either.
#125: DC immeadiately retaliates with a vote of his own. DC's points are more credible. (“Basically at the time Sotek hadn't provided any additional reasoning (or even done questioning like in #107?) but you let him off the hook because he "knows what he's doing" and I don't?”)
#126: Garuru contradicts himself, as already covered by me in #141.
#127: Just like that, DC drops his vote.
#133: DC asks me the same Question I am answering right now.
#137: DC says “My reasoning for voting him was that he said Sotek knew was he was doing and I didn't. I didn't see it that way, so the reasoning looked suspicious. He explained it was because I asked why Reyweld was a good lynch target and Sotek didn't. This made his reasoning make sense to me, so the reason for my vote went away.” This part doesn't really make sense to me, because investigating reasoning behind lynches isn't scummy? And then Garuru thinks it is, and DC accepts this notion? Am I missing something?
#146: Oh wait, this happens:
Acio is a "known town leader" for meta reasons, yes. Of course he could be scum in any given game, but as town he often takes up leadership and so Garu was essentially saying I was using that fact as an excuse to cast a vote without having to justify it beyond "Acio thought it was a good idea". In that way Acio's alignment is mostly irrelevant. What IS relevant is me "passing the buck" in terms of responsibility for my vote. I didn't really feel like I did, but it's a reasonable position for Garu to have.
DC explains to me why he unvoted Garuru. I still can't believe DC let Garuru get away with “I know Sotek, he wouldn't bandwagon” in #126.

DC on 146 Wrote:Trying to draw connections like Garu/Acio/Sotek this early in the game is tempting, but generally speaking futile. Simply put, you ain't gonna guess the entire scumteam straight out of the gates.
But why is everyone afraid to go after Aciotek? I see this in almost everyone, and meta won't cut it for me. I view this part as DC budding with someone in Garuru/Aciox/Sotek, by discouraging me from going after a perceived scum group.

still DC Wrote:Garu was unsure on this point, I'm inclined to believe that since Acio moved onto me quite quickly that probably was he was doing. Sotek I am less sure about, admittedly.

Then pursue?

#149: I can't even read this stuff any more.
“lets see... acionyx and sotek are both perfectly null because both have played in line with what i expected from them.”
@Garuru: Does this mean if you and I played another mafia game together, and I went all defensive D1, you would accept me as town because I did so in previous games? This point is... frustrating for me.

#155:
Quote:Also yeah I fully admit trying to get you two lynched D1 is pointless not only because it won't happen but because you two won't respond to pressure as well as some other newbies.
Le sigh.

#155:
Quote:dC is fine, really. Only reason I voted him was because of Reyweld wagon hop, and he already made it explicit that he was in on the scumbait thing. Admittedly, a little bit suspicious, but not really an avenue I'd like to pursue today at least.
Thus ends the great DC vs Garuru.

In conclusion: Garuru votes DC, DC votes back and then unvotes after a single post from Garuru that isn't even that good, and they make amends. I think both are excellent targets for lynching, with favour of Lynch: Garuru for D1.

I am not going to be available most of tomorrow and probably the rest of tonight as I have to catch up on Homework, and study for tests and such.

I'll do Mirdini V. Vancho later.
03-08-2015, 07:55 PM
(03-08-2015 11:47 AM)anacreon Wrote:  between speedchuck/donut being shot. I think shooting speed would be the better option.
And why do you think that?

*Goes off to do a more thorough readthrough and probably make a bigger post later on.*
03-08-2015, 08:32 PM
like i said shooting donut would be a policy thing for me not really much info. speed chuck has more interations with people so it would be more informative.

[Image: sonicsig2.jpg]
Steam
03-08-2015, 09:51 PM
(03-08-2015 02:12 PM)Reyweld Wrote:  #126: Garuru contradicts himself, as already covered by me in #141.
I'm kinda torn on this. On the one hand, he didn't actually contradict himself. He says that Acio and Sotek are starting to look like they really believe in the lynch, and then says they only look fine provided they really were just scumbaiting. On the other hand, the tone of the post comes off as a lot more trusting towards the two than "they're scummy if they do what it's starting to look like they're doing". I wouldn't call itbuddying (seems too blatant) so much as Garuru possibly having foreknowledge of their true alignments (if you know what I mean).
(03-08-2015 02:12 PM)Reyweld Wrote:  #137: DC says “My reasoning for voting him was that he said Sotek knew was he was doing and I didn't. I didn't see it that way, so the reasoning looked suspicious. He explained it was because I asked why Reyweld was a good lynch target and Sotek didn't. This made his reasoning make sense to me, so the reason for my vote went away.” This part doesn't really make sense to me, because investigating reasoning behind lynches isn't scummy? And then Garuru thinks it is, and DC accepts this notion? Am I missing something?
It implies that DC really believed in the lynch while Sotek was just scumhunting (which I wouldn't call a point against DC on it's own, but then DC tries to claim that he too was just scumbaiting).

While DC and Garuru both look iffy on their own I can't say there's much in favor for them buddying each other, except for how DC let Garuru off with meta reasoning.

Re: Vancho and Mirdini: I actually find myself liking his points against Donut and DC (still keeping my vote on DC since Donut has a decent chance of getting killed before dayend anyway). As for Mirdini I think that it might be a good idea to start looking at the replacement list.

@Acio: What do you think of Sotek?
@Sotek: What do you think of Acio?
@MQ: What do you think of anything?
@Para: You've been completely absent since jumping on the Reyweld lynch. Almost like you're trying to make people forget that you were ever part of it. Get back in here or I'm gonna switch over my vote to you.
03-08-2015, 11:20 PM
Okay so I'm going to attempt to explain this AGAIN. Here's a rough timeline of events:

- Garuru votes me for not knowing what I was doing with the Reyweld lynch
- I vote him because he provides no reason for thinking that
- He provides the reason that I asked Acio about the lynch beforehand
- I accept that as a reasonable point and unvote

Things people are inferring from this:
- I hopped onto the lynch because the answer Acio gave me made me believe in the lynch

This is INCORRECT. I hopped onto the lynch because the answer Acio gave me made me think the lynch was a good candidate for getting discussion started. Note that accepting his reasoning as reasonable does not mean the same thing as AGREEING with it. I disagree (I know I joined the lynch for discussion purposes), but no longer consider his position to be scummy (I believe that his position of thinking I DIDN'T is a reasonable stance for him to take)

- I "let Garuru off" in some weird capacity

This is a MATTER OF OPINION, but I will fight anyone who says I did it for anything other than purely logical reasons. Seriously. I said "I don't like how Garu didn't have reasoning for X so I'm voting him" and Garu provided reasoning for X. It would be stupid to continue voting him at that point.

And that is ALTOGETHER ENOUGH of this nonsense. From this point on I will not be continuing to address this topic except possibly by pointing at this post and gesticulating angrily. I wouldn't ordinarily go to this much trouble but I am getting kind of sick of the whole "oh dC didn't know what he was doing" thing.

I'm leaving my vote where it is because as far as I can tell no-one ever tries to hold Beru accountable for anything because "it won't work" and someone has to actually test that once in a while.

RE: Daykill, brain says shooting Chuck is more productive while instinct says shooting donut would work out well. Based on my track record for instinct, I'm gonna go with brain on this one. Although to be honest I don't feel super enthusiastic about dayvigging ANYONE right now.
03-08-2015, 11:20 PM
(03-07-2015 09:32 AM)icanhasdonut Wrote:  i hate grasping at straws for vague reasons to lynch but i think acio is probably town and so is reywald
would probably look at some of the later voters more???
bleh i can't read like 2 posts
unvote

also uh

(03-08-2015 09:11 AM)icanhasdonut Wrote:  i was more commenting on how it's a thing
i wasn't planning on really pursuing it until later but okay???

@druple's lynch question
proooobably paranoia? his vote on rey was ehhhh and i don't really see a case on reywald anyways

These posts add nothing and don't actually have him give an opinion without context or quotes, both easy enough to do. Yeah sure he responded but he didn't respond with a vote or specific instance of whatever, build vague fear mongering of Acionyx/Sotek, while just... continuing to bland about, not voting. Which brings me to my next point.

Abstaining: (Mirdini, Donut, Anacreon, Trth, DC)

These people need to vote, and bears needs to do something besides prod an afk slot and claim he's around. There's other shit to talk about and I'll happily lynch her if she keeps it up.

Noting Speedchuck's skim response irks me because of how little is there before he peace'd out that tells me infuriatingly little about what he's actually thinking, and noting the choice of Mquinny over Vancho.

Acknowledging arguements wrt Garuru maybe scum, would not mind lynching him, have nothing more to add.

Largely meh on Reyweld, new yeah but whatever, can come back to later.

Feel like Voting Donut for generally trying to hide from actually doing anything right now but I don't have any big smoking guns at this point.
03-08-2015, 11:23 PM
POINT OF ORDER: I am, ironically, currently voting for Beruru (See #171)

I'm going to take you missing that vote as a sign that my wordwalling is slipping back in and try to keep it cut back in future.
03-08-2015, 11:47 PM
Yeah, I missed your vote for Bears, whoops.

Also like #176, so definitely okay leaving reyweld alone for now?

Apart from the early weirdness that got us out of RVS they seem to be putting in more effort than I'd think new scum would, combined with like speedchuck going 'oh look they're town' and the wave of people defending them off of 'oh look they're town' with nebulous reasons feels like they were trying to find an easy way to go 'oh look I was right!' without having to work for it.

Still feeling okay with lynching donut since he just

doesn't actually explain anything.
03-09-2015, 12:49 AM
[Image: iQhEvc1yVCY0B.gif]

hi I've been on several planes and buses but should be aroundish now

(03-06-2015 05:16 PM)beruru Wrote:  anyway my vote is exactly where i want it to be considering that mirdini is the person that notified me on steam that day 1 started anyway.

so........ where is the dini

lies I only notified you that the game was waiting on us to confirm, I was offline when the game started (and more or less have been up to now) :<

(03-07-2015 06:06 PM)beruru Wrote:  does this game already feel "hollow" to any of you guys.

it feels like.... the substance is not here. something is missing.

dw I'm here now

(03-07-2015 09:32 AM)icanhasdonut Wrote:  i hate grasping at straws for vague reasons to lynch but i think acio is probably town and so is reywald
would probably look at some of the later voters more???
bleh i can't read like 2 posts
unvote

I want to Vote: icanhasdonut for passing on any sort of meaningful commentary and then just sitting in the background

(03-08-2015 08:16 AM)Acionyx Wrote:  Oh look the laziest thing

You don't get to come in and drop fearmongering if you aren't going to try to participate in the day.

that was before this for the record

as for more talkative folks that immediately spring to mind I'm pretty neutral on Acio/Sotek/dC, Garuru's feeling slightly off, townish on Reyweld and who the heck knows re: beruru. Bonus conspiracy theory of garuru/acio/sotek/dc scumteam due to dC's response to Reyweld with 'yeah don't even try to guess the scumteam d1 buddy' (this is mostly a joke please do not take it seriously unless you're one of the above and are actually scum in which case please ftfo in thread where I can see it tia).
03-09-2015, 12:51 AM
I forgot to refresh since I got on a bus like 8 hours ago but opinions stand, I like the cut of para's jib.
03-09-2015, 03:06 AM
Votals:

Mirdini: (1) (Beruru)
DC: (2) (MQ, Druplesnubb)
Garuru: (3) (Reyweld, Sotek, Acionyx)
MQ: (2) (Garuru, Speedchuck)
Beruru: (1) (DC)
Donut: (3) (Vancho, Paranoia, Mirdini)

Abstaining: (Donut, Anacreon, Truth)

Everyone of those last three needs to lay down a vote, as does Beruru now that Mirdini isn't AFK anymore.
03-09-2015, 04:23 AM
Vancho

(03-08-2015 11:42 AM)Vancho1 Wrote:  I see Sotek/Acio being a voting bloc this game... I wonder if it means anything?

This is the same thing I snapped at donut for. But you're actually adding things to the thread so >:[ will suffice

Quote:Based on Donut's sudden change from acio!town to acio!maybescum, I'll go Vote:Donut.

Where did this happen?

Anacreon
(03-08-2015 08:32 PM)anacreon Wrote:  like i said shooting donut would be a policy thing for me not really much info. speed chuck has more interations with people so it would be more informative.

What interactions are you referring to?

(03-08-2015 09:51 PM)Druplesnubb Wrote:  @Acio: What do you think of Sotek?

Kind of lightish town on him although I wish he'd be a bit more aggressive. I can't really say it's a strong read but I also didn't invite him to join this game to worry about lynching him day one short of him having an apocalyptic scum meltdown.
03-09-2015, 05:45 AM
I'm gonna stay Abstained, since, well, I'm sorta confused as to who I'm supposed to be against at this point.

Technically speaking I shouldn't trust anybody and ya'll should count yourselves lucky that you won't have more suspicion placed on yous. ;)

Punching people with the truth.
03-09-2015, 06:16 AM
(03-09-2015 05:45 AM)TruthHurts22 Wrote:  I'm gonna stay Abstained, since, well, I'm sorta confused as to who I'm supposed to be against at this point.

Technically speaking I shouldn't trust anybody and ya'll should count yourselves lucky that you won't have more suspicion placed on yous. ;)

Welcome to the shooting list then!

If you wish to apply for removal from it please provide a list of your views on the players in the game and who you would like to vote before March 9th!
03-09-2015, 06:24 AM
Alright, that's how you're going to play it, huh? Well, here:

Everyone's pretty cool, except for you, mister Ungrateful. I'm Voting you now because you take my kindness for granted.

So mean.

03-09-2015, 06:27 AM
(03-09-2015 06:24 AM)TruthHurts22 Wrote:  Alright, that's how you're going to play it, huh? Well, here:

Everyone's pretty cool, except for you, mister Ungrateful. I'm Voting you now because you take my kindness for granted.

So mean.
You can't do it like that, you need to include the name of the guy you're voting for in the bolded text.
03-09-2015, 06:33 AM
Afraid that doesn't meet the necessary minimum requirements for removal.

On the positive side though it /does/ qualify you for priority seating for "removal"!
03-09-2015, 06:47 AM
Look, I haven't been paying attention at all as you guys wall-of-text'd your way through some crazy RVS thing that I know nothing about, trying to come up with complex reasoning based on the way a guy formed their sentence about voting for somebody else, without any obvious indicators as nobody knows who anybody is and the whole reason for the first lynch is, as far as I can tell, random lynching for lynching's sake.

So I'm not voting for anybody, since I don't want to be the deciding factor in case the person I vote for ends up being good, and therefore everyone thinks I'm bad. Alright?

03-09-2015, 06:49 AM
(03-09-2015 06:24 AM)TruthHurts22 Wrote:  Alright, that's how you're going to play it, huh? Well, here:

So mean.

You're not even trying.

What's being asked of you is p. simple - find some suspects, give a reason, vote them.

As it stands literally no one has any reason to care about who you vote or what you do because you haven't actually participated in the discussion, and as thus if you continue to do so you may just go off into a corner and die.
03-09-2015, 06:53 AM
(03-09-2015 06:47 AM)TruthHurts22 Wrote:  Look, I haven't been paying attention at all as you guys wall-of-text'd your way through some crazy RVS thing that I know nothing about, trying to come up with complex reasoning based on the way a guy formed their sentence about voting for somebody else, without any obvious indicators as nobody knows who anybody is and the whole reason for the first lynch is, as far as I can tell, random lynching for lynching's sake.

So I'm not voting for anybody, since I don't want to be the deciding factor in case the person I vote for ends up being good, and therefore everyone thinks I'm bad. Alright?

Here's a hint: wanting to stay out of the lynch makes you look waaaay worse.

As town we can afford to make mistakes and draw new conclusions based off that, so if you're town you need to be involved, otherwise we get no read on if you're scum or town.

But hey if you're scum continue trying to stay out of forming an opinion. I'll gladly lynch you for it.
03-09-2015, 06:54 AM
Things:

1: Mislynches are built into the game and expected they are not automatically OMG SCUM. No one is perfect.

2: Mislynches happen more easily when scum is able to sit back and let town fight amongst themselves and if you are town the by cringing on the sidelines you help scum get away with not doing things

If you are town then you participate because if you sit back like a coward you will look like scum and therefore waste the rest of everyone's time by distracting them from the real deal. Try. Or I can shoot you and eliminate the problem the easy way.
03-09-2015, 07:16 AM
Shoot me, huh? You're a shooting guy, with your shooty-shooty fresh-n-fruity? Well, go on then, shoot me if you can.

But if you can't, uh, don't lynch me, seriously. I see where you all are getting at, since not choosing someone suspicious is cause for suspicion on it's own. And going through the threads against, like skimming some of it, I'm gonna go and vote Donut myself.

03-09-2015, 07:44 AM
i'll put down a vote vancho for this post
(03-08-2015 11:42 AM)Vancho1 Wrote:  I see Sotek/Acio being a voting bloc this game... I wonder if it means anything?

People who I think have not said anything of substance today:

Quinney, Donut, Mirdini.

Thoughts on each of them:

Mirdini seems like he's actually busy, considering that he hasn't posted since late February at all. Even though he confirmed, it is very possible that being AFK is due to RL stuff, which makes me hesitant to lynch him D1.

Donut: Thinks acio and reyweld are town, but hasn't really explained (117). Other two actual posts are suggesting Acio/Sotek scum (without much reasoning, see 156), and then saying that paranoia was suspicious with also very little reasoning (164) ['sides, the reasoning is based on the Reyweld thing, which I think we've all agreed was just to get out of RVS?]

Quinney: Disapproved of Reyweld lynch, that's about it.

Based on Donut's sudden change from acio!town to acio!maybescum, I'll go Vote:Donut.
emphasis mine
03-09-2015, 08:00 AM
@Acio:

From here to here.

Also, I was just noticing a pattern. It probably means nothing. Or it could mean that you're masons or lovers or something. Just pure speculation on my part.

03-09-2015, 08:00 AM
EBWOP: Also, Donuts, hypocrisy much? That seems just sooo much like an OMGUS vote right now.