Poll: Enter Double Overtime Mode?
This poll is closed.
Yes I have a need for speed. 100.00% 21 100.00%
No, too fast. 0% 0 0%
Total 21 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

In Progress Steam Winter Giveaway 2015 (D14 - Giveaway Epilogue)
01-09-2015, 08:11 AM (This post was last modified: 02-14-2015 05:36 AM by Palamedes.)
Steam Winter Giveaway 2015 (D14 - Giveaway Epilogue)
[Image: Winter%20Giveaway.png]

So, do you all remember when your friendly neighbourhood Coldblooded & Palamedes Enterprises ran the Great Steam Giveaway back in the summer? Well, do I have some great news for you! With the help of my new business partner SupahKiven, I've gone and bought out Coldblooded's shares and forced him to the street*. Fear not though, Palamedes & SupahKiven Industries is still here for you, and we're ready to hand out games like there's no tomorrow!

Now, who wants some free stuff?

The 'Penny Sale' system from the last giveaway worked out pretty well, so we're going to be stickcing with that this time around. I could type up brand new descriptions for what that is, but I think I'll add insult to injury to the hostile takeover I pulled on Coldblooded** and just copypaste his.

Coldblooded Wrote:It works like this: Every single game up for grabs will be revealed right at the very beginning of the game. (Or a bit before, more likely.) Every player is then given 100 points to divide among whichever games that they like best. After everybody has distributed their points, we will then determine the winners of the four most popular games currently on the table. The more points that somebody has placed into a game, the better their odds of walking away with it.

For example, imagine that a game has 200 points on it, with the points distributed like so:
Player A - 100 points
Player B - 50 points
Player C - 25 points
Player D - 25 points

Player A has a 50% of winning that game since they have 50% of the points sitting on it right now. Player B has a 25% chance of winning it, and Players C and D each have a 12.5% chance of winning it. If any other players decide to jump onto the game before the deadline, it drags down the odds for each of the other four players by however many points that they happen to throw in.

If Player D decides that they don't like sharing these odds with the rest of the pack, they can always pull back out and move those points elsewhere.

Alright, so let's say that you placed all of your points into the very popular games in the first round, and didn't win any of them. That sucks right? Well yeah, but it's not the end of the world. At the end of each round, the lucky winners will each receive the game that they won via Steam and then leave the game. The remaining players will each receive another 25 points as a consolation prize, and will be given another 48 hours to distribute them before the next round begins. Rinse and repeat until every single player is matched up with a game.

Corollory: While you are free to change your points up to the deadline, please only ever do so in a new post - this makes figuring out who voted for what much easier since we don't have to go through the entire thread post by post every time we're calculating who wins what.

To sign up and get your game, you're going to need is a Steam account and a willingness to accept free games with no strings attached***. If you don't already have an account, they're free and very easy to set up. Also, you'll have to add me on Steam if we're not already friends.

This game is also being run simultaneously on the Eagle Time Forums as well, which is right here in case you want to keep tabs on all of your competitors or something.

Also, I know we promised back during the last giveaway to give you guys a heads up while the winter sale was still on - I feel like a huge derp and completely forgot about it entirely. I'll try to be better about it around the time of the summer sale. Of course, if you did still pick up extra games, have no idea what to do with them, and are an awesome person in general donations are still being accepted (though unnecessary, we do have a ton of games after all) - just PM me and Kiven and we'll sort it out.

P.S. A special thank you to Kiven, Coldblooded, Kocel, amosmyn, Akumu, Rivenforge, Granolaman, Schazer, OzTheWizard, Excalibur, Terrabalt, Demonsul, Raptarion, and KatoHearts for the inspiration, help, and donations that made this whole thing possible.

Signups: 39/39
1. TehPilot - Had his dojo destroyed D5, and became dino-dinner D11.
2. ICan'tGiveCredit - Lost life support D6, then completely obliterated D11.
3. cyber95 - Mauled by local wildlife D9, ms.sploded D13.
4. Vancho1 - Pissed off a cabal of ancient inhuman warriors D7, then overcustomized D9.
5. Garuru - Accidentally undid Earth D8, didn't live to regret disregarding gravity D10.
6. Sanzh - Got caught stealing passports (sold to KoH) D2, fled to the Carribean and was eventually taken down by rebels against his totalitarian regime D7.
7. Druplesnubb - Brain put in a tank D7, burned to death D10.
8. Supernerd - Absorbed and then shot down by [number] of [enemy] D8.
9. Coldblooded - Got trapped in a zombie dimension D5, only to get turned into soda D8.
10. Terrabalt - Hit the trail D3, but was randomly shot dead by mindless drone from around a corner D7.
11. KoH - Got caught with forged papers (stolen by Sanzh) D2, forced to fight to the death for new Caesar (and lost) D8.
12. Schazer - Accidentally brought forth a Shoggoth D5, couldn't make it back D8.
13. Gnauga - Failed to save the queen D1, and hunted down by their own cult D11.
14. AgentBlue - Betrayed by their own gravity D6, suffered a lethal attack of conscience D10
15. amosmyn - Made it home D3, but fell into the air D10.
16. speedchuck - Attacked by some spider monster D6, got what he expected D9.
17. Demonsul - Went batty D3, overwhelmed by those he failed to kill D11.
18. hector21212 - Got radiation poisoning D5, ripped apart by alien cult D8.
19. Raptarion - Turned into an actual square D6
20. ChrisClark13 - Fell through a hole in reality D1, indecision did him in D13.
21. Akumu - Kidnapped by gremlins D9
22. yappy111 - Trapped in a post-apocalyptic future and then knocked comatose D9.
23. Paranoia - Forgot to reload D4
24. Carnegie - Risked going outside D4, and ended up drilled through D7.
25. Pagan - Caught with a flat in the middle of nowhere D7, then shot down by unknown hostiles D10.
26. Papers - Couldn't reach that last gold cube D10, shot dead by bigro exactly 0.43 seconds before their bullet hit him.
27. Mecha_Goomba - Got trapped in a cave-in D2, destroyed by the brain tank that was once Druplesnubb D9.
28. icanhasdonut - Forced to leave Earth D11, rolled off the edge D13
29. Rivenforge - Had her planet destroyed D2, trapped in a doomed timeline trying to save it D10.
30. Crowstone - Memory wiped D9, Bandit Raided D12.
31. KatoHearts - Banished from Paradise D1
32. Dragon Fogel - Didn't bring enough men and was overwhelmed by Stalin D11.
33. bigro - Turned to stone D1, took down Papers but not fast enough.
34. granolaman - Was trapped in his own mind D4, turned out to already be a ghost D11.
35. Excalibur - Got lost completing sidequests D3, blindsided by the goddamn monkey D8.
36. Masterblade - Collapsed under his own hubris D9
37. OzTheWizard - Couldn't find a goddamn berry bush D4, but left behind one last clue before his murder D10.
38. Anacreon
39. woolijung - Forgot everything and killed by Evil Overlord in Epilogue

Games list:
(x#) means we have # many copies of a game.

AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! for the Awesome
Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs
Antichamber
Bastion
Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition
Battlepaths
Bioshock
Cave Story+
Costume Quest
Dead Space
Dear Esther
Dino D-Day
Divinity - The Original Sin
Don't Starve
Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition
Dust: An Elysian Tail
Eidolon
Euro Truck Simulator 2
Fallout: New Vegas
Far Cry Blood Dragon
FEZ
Frozen Synapse
FTL
Garry's Mod
Gone Home
Gun Monkeys
Gunpoint
Hero of the Kingdom
HOARD
Huntsman: The Orphanage
Interplanetary
Just Cause 2
Kingdom Elemental
LIMBO
Long Live the Queen
Major Mayhem
Mark of the Ninja
MIND: Path to Thalamus
Monaco
Ms. Splosion Man
Natural Selection 2
Nightsky
Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
OlliOlli
One Way Heroics
Orcs Must Die! 2
Osmos
Papers, Please
Paranautical Activity
Paranormal State: Poison Spring
Pitiri 1977
Planetary Annihilation
Power Up!
Primal Carnage
Psychonauts
Really Big Sky
Risk of Rain
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Serious Sam 3: BFE
Shadow Warrior Classic Redux
Shank
Shank2
Skyrim
Spec Ops: The Line
The Bridge
The Cat Lady
The King of Fighters XIII: Steam Edition
The Novelist
The Samaritan Paradox
The Showdown Effect
The Sun at Night
The Swapper
Thomas Was Alone
To The Moon
Tower of Guns
Tropico 4
Warlock
Z(X)eno Clash

*I'm kidding Coldblooded just had too much on his plate to comod again.
**Seriously though he was just busy.
***Don't feel guilty accepting things for free, please. Currently these games are just sitting around unplayed and unloved, waiting for an owner to come and claim them - might as well be you. Also according to the last run 4chan and every kind of jazz will apparently invade our forums because our forums will become weak.****
****I'd also recommend exercise, milk and some multi-vitamins, but hey this has free stuff.
01-09-2015, 08:14 AM
RE: Steam Winter Giveaway 2015
The assistant. It's me. Also nabbing the second post just in case.
01-09-2015, 08:18 AM
I'm in.

I'll also see to adding a game or two to the prize pool, I've been in a charitable mood as of late.

and now, hunger does what sorrow could never do
website | @tehpilot
01-09-2015, 08:31 AM
I'm in thiss.
01-09-2015, 08:58 AM
I will not refuse free games. Yes.

The one, the only, Vancho!
01-09-2015, 09:15 AM
I'm in.
01-09-2015, 09:26 AM
I guess I can take some free stuff.
01-09-2015, 09:34 AM
[Image: tumblr_n4g3n8yHkN1t7994oo1_400.png]

Guess it's time to try this thing from the other side of the playerlist this time...

In.

(Thanks for deciding to run this again Pala and Kiven.)

Tumblr/Steam
01-09-2015, 09:35 AM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2015 09:40 AM by Terrabalt.)
I'm In.

I am but a sheet of paper
01-09-2015, 09:43 AM
I'll join in on the fun!
01-09-2015, 11:09 AM
Yeah baby, yeah!
01-09-2015, 11:27 AM
Woah! YES
01-09-2015, 11:28 AM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2015 11:29 AM by Demonsul.)
ALLO! I GET FREE STUFF

I DONATE GAMES ALSO
01-09-2015, 11:34 AM
Free stuff? Meeeeee!

(12-16-2014 11:08 AM)KatoHearts Wrote:  I'm pretty good at making terrible people.
01-09-2015, 11:35 AM
I have a game I can add to be given away I'm pretty sure but for some reason I can't find it? I bought a second copy of a game I already had and I think it's not showing up because of that maybe?
Anyway, sign me up for free shit, and someone tell me how to make this problem not a problem anymore.

Space is warped and time is bendable.
01-09-2015, 11:42 AM
Games. I want. I am in.

... if that makes sense.
01-09-2015, 01:15 PM
I'm coming in too! Sign me up please!
01-09-2015, 02:14 PM
yes hello i am in thank you
01-09-2015, 07:32 PM
Why refuse a chance to win big? Wooh stuff thank you GabeN!

Working Name: Anarkismo
01-10-2015, 09:53 AM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2015 09:54 AM by Mecha_Goomba.)
Free games are the best kind of games. Why would I refuse them? In.
01-10-2015, 01:38 PM
i would like to sign up too
01-10-2015, 02:25 PM
yeah all right.
01-12-2015, 02:58 AM
Alright, so with no new signups in a day or so, Kiven and I will finish getting everything sorted out and should have the game list out/first day started in a few days time.

For all of you who haven't signed up for whatever crazy reason, now's your last chance to join! Be there (here?) or be square.
01-12-2015, 04:48 AM
Fools! As if I'd let you start without signing me up first.

(Also I have a few games to throw into the pot, too.)
01-12-2015, 03:06 PM
Excellent! Like I mentioned in the OP, anyone interested in throwing in their own games should PM me and Kiven and/or send them straight to me.

A couple other generous donators (or donators to be) have asked about it, so I figured I'd state it outright.

If you have games you want to donate, after letting me and Kiven know you can either send the games directly to one of us over Steam prior to gamestart or hold onto them and we'll arrange the transfer when they're won. The former is a little quicker and easier on our end, but ultimately up to the giver of course if they'd rather deal with it as things come.

Right and I completely forgot to give my Steam account for those who don't have it - you can find it here.
01-12-2015, 03:08 PM
And this is me, for anyone who cares.
01-15-2015, 02:24 PM (This post was last modified: 01-16-2015 05:16 PM by Palamedes.)
And so, we begin.

Here is the list of games available for bidding:
(x#) means we have # many copies of a game.

Antichamber
Bastion
Battlepaths
Bioshock
Cave Story+
Costume Quest
Cubetractor
Dead Space
Dear Esther
Dino D-Day
Divinity - The Original Sin
Don't Starve
Eidolon
Euro Truck Simulator 2
Fallout: New Vegas (x2)
Far Cry Blood Dragon
FEZ
Frozen Synapse (x3)
FTL
Garry's Mod
Gone Home
Gun Monkeys
Gunpoint
Hero of the Kingdom
HOARD
Interplanetary
Just Cause 2
Kingdom Elemental
LIMBO
Long Live the Queen
Major Mayhem
Mark of the Ninja
Monaco
Ms. Splosion Man
Natural Selection 2
Nightsky (x2)
OlliOlli
One Way Heroics
Orcs Must Die! 2
Osmos
Papers, Please
Paranautical Activity
Pitiri 1977
Planetary Annihilation
Power Up!
Primal Carnage
Psychonauts (x2)
Really Big Sky
Risk of Rain
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Shank
Shank2
Skyrim
The Bridge
The Cat Lady
The Novelist
The Samaritan Paradox
The Showdown Effect
The Sun at Night
The Swapper
Thomas Was Alone
To The Moon
Tower of Guns
Warlock
Xeno Clash

The more astute of you might have noticed that there are way more than 38 games. There's actually 82. That's right, thanks to the overwhelming generosity of our donors we have enough games to give out two games per person instead of one! Crazy!

This will hopefully add in an exciting new element - will people try to spread their points around more to get two games they want most, or will they just focus on one and pick from what's left after?

'Day' will end in approximately 48 hours, and then we'll sort out the four most popular games.
01-15-2015, 02:33 PM
RE: Steam Winter Giveaway 2015 (D1 - It Begins)
50 points on Divinity- Original Sin
01-15-2015, 02:48 PM
25 on Risk of Rain, 25 on Cave Story+
01-15-2015, 02:58 PM
All the points on Thomas was Alone.

Space is warped and time is bendable.
01-15-2015, 03:02 PM (This post was last modified: 01-15-2015 03:12 PM by Excalibur.)
Wow, lots of high quality titles there. In fact, I don't think there's a single bad game on that list!*

Edit: Oh, and since there are enough games for everyone to win two, do we no longer leave the game after winning once, per the OP?

(99 on Paranautical Activity, 1 on Skyrim.)

*Except Amnesia. mspa

And Dear Esther, but that's not a game. mspa
(Though bad games can certainly be enjoyable too, in their way. And of course, my opinion amounts to absolutely nothing, so please don't get bent out of shape over it.)
01-15-2015, 03:26 PM (This post was last modified: 01-15-2015 03:26 PM by ICan'tGiveCredit.)
I notice Kato is indulging his vices already.

lynch: Kato

I haven't-

wo-

how am I suppose to preview this many games. Heart
01-15-2015, 04:26 PM
50 on Eidolon and 50 on Long Live the Queen!

Oh my word, that's a big list.
01-15-2015, 04:26 PM
40 Points on Batman!
20 Points each on FTL, Papers Please and Fallout: NV!
01-15-2015, 04:36 PM
90 on Gone Home
10 on The King of Fighters

:)
01-15-2015, 04:39 PM
50 on Divinity: Original Sin
50 on Red Faction: Armageddon

The one, the only, Vancho!
01-15-2015, 05:46 PM
Hmm, I don't really want to write a huge wordwall right now, so here's just a short list of games that I've both played and enjoyed:
Antichamber
Bastion
Cave Story+
Don't Starve
Fallout: NV
Frozen Synapse
Gone Home
Just Cause 2
Long Live The Queen
Mark of the Ninja
Monaco
Papers Please
Psychonauts
Skyrim
The Swapper
Thomas Was Alone
To The Moon

Games that I've played and strongly did not enjoy:
Dear Esther
FEZ

If anybody has any questions about any of these in particular, I'd be glad to share my opinion on them. For now I think I'm going to hold onto my points and then later go after whichever one of Divinity/Euro Truck/Far Cry/Oddworld that I think I have the best chance of winning.

Tumblr/Steam
01-15-2015, 07:19 PM (This post was last modified: 01-15-2015 07:21 PM by Carnegie.)
Dear Esther is a good game if you like pretty scenery and prose. It's not a traditional game, and it's not really meant for people who only like actiony games and/or hate English class
01-15-2015, 07:49 PM
90 for Dust: An Elysian Tail
10 for Cave Story+

I am but a sheet of paper
01-15-2015, 10:15 PM
50 on cave story+
01-16-2015, 01:01 AM
50 on Papers, Please. 50 on To The Moon.
01-16-2015, 01:42 AM (This post was last modified: 01-21-2015 05:37 PM by Excalibur.)
So, mostly for my own curiosity, I decided to look up the current price for all these games and organize them accordingly. Thought I'd post my findings here for anyone who's interested in that kind of thing.

Though I wouldn't put too much stock into these numbers if I were you. As I'm sure you well know, many games on Steams frequently go on sale, some more frequently and for greater amounts than others, and I know at least of few on this list are prone to doing exactly that.

Furthermore, price is probably one of the worst things you can judge a game by. From what I've played out of these, most of what I'd consider the "best" ones are in the $9.99 and under category, and I didn't pay full price for a single one. (But I should have, since they're great and the devs deserve it.)

But I digress. Here, I give you the Steam Winter Giveaway 2015, by price. Use it wisely:

All prices in USD. Sorry NON-AMERICANS.

$39.99
Divinity: Original Sin
Tropico 4 Collector's Bundle

$29.99
Planetary Annihilation

$24.99
Euro Truck Simulator 2
Frozen Synapse
Natural Selection 2
Warlock

$19.99
Antichamber
Bioshock
Dead Space
Gone Home
Primal Carnage
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Skyrim

$15.00
Eidolon

$14.99
Bastion
Cave Story+
Don't Starve
Far Cry Blood Dragon
Just Cause 2
Mark of the Ninja
Monaco
Orcs Must Die! 2
The Novelist
The Swapper
Tower of Guns*

$12.99
OlliOlli

$9.99
Costume Quest
Dear Esther
Dino D-Day
Fallout: New Vegas
FEZ
FTL
Garry's Mod
Gunpoint
HOARD
Interplanetary
LIMBO
Long Live the Queen
Ms. Splosion Man
Nightsky
Osmos
Papers, Please
Paranautical Activity**
Psychonauts
Risk of Rain
Shank
Shank2
The Bridge
The Cat Lady
The Samaritan Paradox
The Showdown Effect
The Sun at Night
Thomas Was Alone
To The Moon
Xeno Clash***

$6.99
Hero of the Kingdom

$5.99
Gun Monkeys

$4.99
Battlepaths
Major Mayhem
Pitiri 1977
Really Big Sky

$3.99
Kingdom Elemental

$3.49
One Way Heroics

$2.99
Power Up!

*On sale RIGHT NOW for $6.44
**No longer available on the Steam store, but can be purchased at this price from various third parties. (Purchase includes Steam Key.)
***Actually spelled Zeno Clash.
Wow! That's over $1000 worth of games, not even counting duplicate copies! Once again, I gotta say this lineup is pretty impressive.
01-16-2015, 02:29 AM
100 on Mark of the Ninja

Go hard or go home.

and now, hunger does what sorrow could never do
website | @tehpilot
01-16-2015, 02:38 AM
(01-16-2015 01:42 AM)Excalibur Wrote:  Wow! That's over $1000 worth of games, not even counting duplicate copies! Once again, I gotta say this lineup is pretty impressive.

It should be noted that the vast majority of these games were got either through sales or through humble bundles, so the actual amount is probably more like a fraction of that. But still though, that's a lot of games.

Also how the heck is Frozen Synapse still $25?! It came out like four years ago.

Tumblr/Steam
01-16-2015, 03:31 AM (This post was last modified: 01-16-2015 03:46 AM by Pagan.)
80 on Divinity: Original Sin
20 on Oddworld

Working Name: Anarkismo
01-16-2015, 03:41 AM (This post was last modified: 01-16-2015 03:42 AM by Demonsul.)
Clarification: Is it the Oddworld remake or the original?

Also, points:
20 on Cave Story+
30 on Batman
20 on Thomas was Alone
20 on Mark of the Ninja
01-16-2015, 04:34 AM (This post was last modified: 01-16-2015 06:45 AM by Palamedes.)
If you guys actually want descriptions/recommendations I have played, watched someone play, or similarly experienced a chilling majority of these games and could do a quick thing for most any games people are curious about.

All in all I can't think of any game I would outright say is terrible and didn't enjoy at all, but there are definitely a few that cater towards certain people over others and that didn't necessarily do it for me.

As for Oddworld, since I believe it's a Steam game and the only version on Steam seems to be the original I'd guess that it is, but I'll look further into it for you.

EBWOP: Also, I've made a mistake regarding one of the games. Red Faction: Armageddon was always secretly One Way Heroics.
01-16-2015, 08:44 AM
100 on Don't Starve.
01-16-2015, 09:54 AM (This post was last modified: 01-16-2015 11:04 AM by Druplesnubb.)
45 on Antichamber.
25 on Psychonauts.
25 on Cave Story+.
5 on Costume Quest.
01-16-2015, 10:53 AM
25 more on Cave Story+ (for a total of 50). Also let me drop 10 on Interplanetary.