Complete The Resistance: DeFranco's Fine French Cuisine: GAME OVER, 5 Stars!
02-21-2015, 08:14 AM
RE: The Resistance: DeFranco's Fine French Cuisine: Mission 1 Round 2
The answer is obvious and reflects badly on you reaverb, but I'll wait.

amos, out of curiosity what happens if someone doesn't submit a vote for a team in time? Is it an auto deny/approve or something else?
02-21-2015, 08:26 AM
Quote:Lawsome, could you elaborate on your scumreads? I'm not 100% sure I get them (especially Goomba and pE). Also, what are your thoughts on dC, and what was 'bad' about my first post (and why don't you have me as a scumread now if that's the case)?
pE has contributed so far, exactly two sentences of actual useful stuff.

Quote:im gonna say right now that at least vancho isnt mafia. I mean it's a better possibility. but i believe that mafia voted against the team. DC still isnt clear for me

Everything else has been useless fluff. And frankly, this post is pretty weak too.

Goomba is similar, two posts since i last read. But as I said i don't know the meta on these two, so it might be typical behaviour for them, if someone could enlighten me that will help with my scumhunting.

My other read were anouther scum on MV for exactly the same behaviour as the other two, now I think he's probably just a newby player, but I'll point an FOS at him anyway in the hope to get him posting.

And my other scum read was you, pala. I find it strange you're so offended that I don't understand how I could have got a townread purely from your first post, I mean it was literally two sentences of content, who the eff gets a townread from two sentences of content. However since then you've been clinging to this "townread" I have on you, justifying it, (despite it being ridiculous to even me, the person who made it) and now acting like it's surprising that even I acknowledge that it was weird.

Turn out that making posts when you're only half focusing on the game has it's upsides, a nice bait for scumslips. I should do that more often.
02-21-2015, 08:40 AM
@Lawsome How much Mafia and/or resistence have you played in the past?
02-21-2015, 08:41 AM
Also can you elaborate on your reason for denying the Mission 1 Round 1 team?
02-21-2015, 09:24 AM
Hi Lawsome you have only three posts of content does that mean I should think you're scum? Plus you yourself described your first post as weak, so I guess two (which makes you just as bad as pE/Vic/Goomba). That seems to be the argument you're making.

Also I don't see where I was offended you don't have a townread on me, or where I was defending you having one. I only asked what was bad about my first post, and uh, you haven't done that.

You haven't explained anything except that low posts = bad. Sorry if this comes off as critical but you sort of need to.

tl;dr: low posts is not a good reason for scumreads this early in the game.
Where am I offended about you not actually having a townread on me?
What is actually bad about the posts you keep saying are 'weak'? Point out the flaws, ask questions about them, etc. or I'm not going to believe you're doing anything but purposely trying to unhelpfully throw dirt on everyone.
02-21-2015, 09:27 AM
reaverb I'd guess not too much if he doesn't really know what a scumslip is.

(Note: scumslips are completely damning 100% of the time. For example, the last rounds of a five player game of resistance where someone approves the team their not on, which would mean that they're fine with the mission failing. They are not 'I think you're scum for vague unstated reasons. Alternately, scumslip is one catchphrase of many scum like to throw out to make an argument look stronger than it actually is, hoping town won't read past it and just buy their lies as truth.)
02-21-2015, 09:45 AM
(02-21-2015 08:41 AM)reaverb Wrote:  Also can you elaborate on your reason for denying the Mission 1 Round 1 team?
I explained it before, but it was that I thought we could just keep indefinitely denying teams. I figured there's no point accepting a team before everyone gets to post, we might as well be patient.

I've played a reasonable amount of mafia in the past, never this game though, and not for a long time. Speedchuck knows my meta.

(02-21-2015 09:24 AM)Palamedes Wrote:  Hi Lawsome you have only three posts of content does that mean I should think you're scum? Plus you yourself described your first post as weak, so I guess two (which makes you just as bad as pE/Vic/Goomba). That seems to be the argument you're making.
Actually I'm more concerned with the content of the posts. Not posting often is OK, not everyone is always on the computer and it's only been a few days, but not posting often and the only posts you do make contain little content, that seems like lurking to me.

Quote:Also I don't see where I was offended you don't have a townread on me, or where I was defending you having one. I only asked what was bad about my first post, and uh, you haven't done that.

I didn't say your first post was bad, i said I could have got a townread from it alone. The post itself is neutral:
Quote:I could agree with you on dC, but from a purely meta view Vic is always like that. Either way, I'm not super invested in following those? pE following you along is also meh but hey that's just how he is.

(02-17-2015 01:00 PM)Vancho1 Wrote:
Palamedes (NEVER FORGET).

How dare you.
What's wrong with saying I couldn't get a townread on a single post alone?

Quote:You haven't explained anything except that low posts = bad. Sorry if this comes off as critical but you sort of need to.
I did.

Quote:Where am I offended about you not actually having a townread on me?
What is actually bad about the posts you keep saying are 'weak'? Point out the flaws, ask questions about them, etc. or I'm not going to believe you're doing anything but purposely trying to unhelpfully throw dirt on everyone.
Quote:Why is someone having townreads suspicious, especially this early when there's nothing for scum to gain in doing so?

So no, you haven't really explained?

I also would say I had as much if not more content than half of the playerlist by Lawsome's post.
Quote:what was 'bad' about my first post (and why don't you have me as a scumread now if that's the case)?
Also I cannot stress I didn't actually say your post was bad, right from the offset I've been repeating it's not a bad post, I just don't understand why I said I got a town read on it.

I asked a few questions and I was wondering if anyone could answer, because I said before that the scumreads I was claiming are without meta, and I don't want to launch an attack on a player before knowing if the scumreads I'm getting from them are just typical play. Though TBH the fact you're arguing with me kinda already answers my question, is the way pE/Vic/Goomba are playing typical to this forum and these players?
02-21-2015, 10:25 AM
Ugh I'd quote but that looks like a nightmare to format. So.

Quote:What's wrong with saying I couldn't get a townread on a single post alone

Nothing! You simply said that you thought it "wasn't even a very good post" and I asked for clarification, as well as why you didn't state having a scumread of me given how you seemed to have them on others for having not good posts.

Quote:I did.

I... don't see a lot? Do you mean your reason is that those people also fluffposted, because that's about all I see:
Quote:pE has contributed so far, exactly two sentences of actual useful stuff.

Everything else has been useless fluff. And frankly, this post is pretty weak too.

Goomba is similar, two posts since i last read. But as I said i don't know the meta on these two, so it might be typical behaviour for them, if someone could enlighten me that will help with my scumhunting.

My other read were anouther scum on MV for exactly the same behaviour as the other two, now I think he's probably just a newby player, but I'll point an FOS at him anyway in the hope to get him posting.

pE = low posts, some fluff
Goomba = low posts
Vic = low posts (maybe some fluff)

I'm also going to argue here that fluffposting is probably okay as long as they do other stuff (and they have by your own admission I think) - playing for fun is just as okay as solely playing to win.

Quote:Also I cannot stress I didn't actually say your post was bad, right from the offset I've been repeating it's not a bad post, I just don't understand why I said I got a town read on it.

This one might be on me - by 'not good' do you mean neutral (as in 'not good but not bad') or do you mean bad (aka 'not good so the opposite')?

Regarding pE/Vic/Goomba, they've all played mafia, but yeah as mentioned in these parts we're not exactly against joking around so there's a better than average chance that (at least right now) the fluffposts are for fun, not to make it look like they're participating. Now, if there's nothing but fluffposts come round 3 or 4, then we could have a problem.
02-21-2015, 10:27 AM
EBWOP: Sorry for the doubleposting, but do bear in mind that Resistance is not exactly the same as mafia, there are probably as many differences as there are similarities. Mafia meta reads are probably not going to be quite as useful here as they would be in a mafia game (plus meta reads alone aren't exactly great so we should avoid relying on them for very long).
02-21-2015, 10:47 AM
@Pala: Their vote auto-denies, then the NEXT person to not submit one auto-approves, and so on like that. They are also forcibly replaced out. This is posted somewhere on P3.

Agree on fluffposting != "looks like participating". Has everyone provided reasoning on their round 1 vote? (Does everyone even need to?)

(Have more things to say, will say when have time)
02-21-2015, 10:55 AM
Quote:Nothing! You simply said that you thought it "wasn't even a very good post" and I asked for clarification, as well as why you didn't state having a scumread of me given how you seemed to have them on others for having not good posts.
Oh, sorry then! No it wasn't a good post, it was merely an average post. Sorry if I have offended your post. :P

Quote:I... don't see a lot? Do you mean your reason is that those people also fluffposted, because that's about all I see:
Which is different from what you said, "low posts = bad" you can have few posts and not fluff posts, is all I mean.

Quote:Regarding pE/Vic/Goomba, they've all played mafia, but yeah as mentioned in these parts we're not exactly against joking around so there's a better than average chance that (at least right now) the fluffposts are for fun, not to make it look like they're participating. Now, if there's nothing but fluffposts come round 3 or 4, then we could have a problem.
Ok, thanks then. I'll lay off them because i'm getting the impression attitudes towards fluff are a little different here. I guess your guys scum must lurk less.

I know meta isn't good enough alone but it's a bit disorientating being blind. I'm not sure what to be looking for in players.
02-21-2015, 11:05 AM
Alright, that makes more sense.

No offense taken, by the way. I just noticed what seemed like an issue in your reads/comments and wanted to see where that'd lead.

We do get lurk!scum here, but it's something town does just as much (sometimes more). It's not so much that we're cool with only fluff, but as noted everyone's more or less posted some sort of real content and since it's only the first round that's okay? We just don't want to let people do nothing but.

Do you see any issues with people's comments/reads?
02-21-2015, 02:14 PM
[Image: KHB.gif]

now that ive got some time look over stuff:

(02-19-2015 10:00 AM)phantomEclipse Wrote:  im gonna say right now that at least vancho isnt mafia. I mean it's a better possibility. but i believe that mafia voted against the team. DC still isnt clear for me

This is the only thing i have content-wise. and it's literally just a line of stuff

I'm keeping with my opinion that vancho is not mafia (90%) Lawsome i can tell is trying to pinpoint who in his opinion is the worst via meta? (idk exactly how to say someone is using meta-reads, but i think this is right)

Palamedes is being surprisingly nice, moreover being kind enough to support me and others (if not hint some buddying) so idk. My "kind" heart is giving him some slack as of current

Most of what im getting from reaverb is questions, but if i remember correctly, that's normal of them.

and i aint got much for speed

everyone else i havent really looked into either. so there

It's time to, T-T-T-T-T-T TRIPLE POST
02-21-2015, 02:22 PM
So like

No scumreads?
02-21-2015, 04:10 PM
Naw, if anyone, i would say DC and reaverb.

they look the worse

02-21-2015, 04:30 PM
Ah cool.

Why them in particular? Also, do you see one as scum over another or do you see them as possibly being scum together?
02-21-2015, 05:00 PM
Reaverb over DC, like i said, i havent invested into anyone just yet to like feel solid. But reaverb's questions just unsettle me, cause like

the only person to benefit is the food poisoner from questions

02-22-2015, 10:12 AM
Communication is now closed. Please send in your votes by Feb 23rd at 4:30pm. Unsubmitted votes will result in an auto deny, then auto approve in alternating order selected by random and the offending players will be replaced.
02-23-2015, 11:24 AM (This post was last modified: 02-23-2015 11:25 AM by amosmyn.)
The mission has been denied
Approve: speed, dC, Vancho1, pE
Deny: Palamedes, reaverb, Lawsome, Mecha Goomba, MV
No Vote: Donut

Because Donut was the mission leader, im letting this mission be an exception the replace.ent rule. Leaders, you MUST pm me your votes as well.

Aaaaand since another fact is noticeably missing from the rules just for everyonesknowledge ties result in a deny.

Reaverb is the new leader.
02-23-2015, 12:02 PM
RE: The Resistance: DeFranco's Fine French Cuisine: Mission 1 Round 3
even palamedes denied his own team.

well i'd like to know why

02-23-2015, 12:14 PM
(02-23-2015 12:02 PM)phantomEclipse Wrote:  even palamedes denied his own team.

well i'd like to know why
I'm more curious why you approved this team, given you said I was your strongest scumread in #167

(Donut/DC/pE spies 2015?)
02-23-2015, 12:23 PM
I basically approved because donut felt sufficiently town to me to make this worthwhile (this argument IS somewhat meta, however) and other than that the team was identical to mine. Plus the team being identical to mine suggests similarity of thought and thus to some degree similarity of alignment.

(Unless he was putting on a show of deciding on a team and then just picking the one I did in order to gain my support, but this seems...less likely, and is also veering into winey territory)
02-23-2015, 01:37 PM
i just kinda glanced at it and went "donut and palamedes"

(and amos asked for votes and i suppose i was the last to vote)

02-23-2015, 10:26 PM
I denied because day 1 the only sure criterion is getting info on people who are likely to be active leaders. Reaver and Pala are good, but donut is a waste of a teamslot if we judge by that. Since reaver is the leader now, we have the opportunity to get info on three potential town leaders instead of just two.
02-23-2015, 11:32 PM
i'm here sorry
i thought i sent in a vote, that was my bad

i'm somewhat surprised by the votes but ok

@pala i would like you to answer pE's question which you avoided with a question
02-24-2015, 01:46 AM
OK so I am back. Sorry for being offline for a while.

I rejected the team on the basis I'm not too sure about ican. He hasn't particularly justified his decisions to pick the team he picked. Pala suggested I ask questions and I think that's probably a good idea.

Quote:ye i'm debating between speed and pala but i think pala's a better choice so icanhasdonut/reaverb/palamedes
Why speedchuck? You kinda just drift over this, without really justifying why you'd get a townread on him.

Quote:I basically approved because donut felt sufficiently town to me to make this worthwhile (this argument IS somewhat meta, however) and other than that the team was identical to mine. Plus the team being identical to mine suggests similarity of thought and thus to some degree similarity of alignment.
Sorry, I don't follow this reasoning at all. Could you elaborate what you mean here?
02-24-2015, 02:20 AM
Reaverb and Pala both denying a team mostly made up of them is interesting. Haven't played much resistance, so I'm not sure why, but I'll take a guess.

Denying a team makes a person look more towny, in general, because the odds are low of a team randomly being picked with all town. It could be this, but I don't understand why this team would be any worse than other teams. Maybe one of them is scum and wanted townpoints?

Or maybe Donut is just that scummy?

Gah, I'm in mafia mode. I have no idea how to resistance right now. Doesn't help that last time, I was Merlin. I didn't have to scumhunt.
02-24-2015, 03:58 AM
(02-23-2015 01:37 PM)phantomEclipse Wrote:  (and amos asked for votes and i suppose i was the last to vote)

What does this mean? Why does this matter?

Also why is it a big deal that I denied the team but not a big deal that reaverb did?

(02-23-2015 10:26 PM)Mecha_Goomba Wrote:  I denied because day 1 the only sure criterion is getting info on people who are likely to be active leaders.

How/what/why? I'm pretty sure we can get info next round too, or the one after.

(02-23-2015 11:32 PM)icanhasdonut Wrote:  @pala i would like you to answer pE's question which you avoided with a question

I did not avoid his question with a question. reaverb asked the question. I haven't posted yet. Also why is reaverb no big deal?

(02-24-2015 02:20 AM)speedchuck Wrote:  Maybe one of them is scum and wanted townpoints?

Or maybe Donut is just that scummy?

To first part, a better plan as scum is to be on the first team and let it pass - since then failing it for the second team means that the new guy looks worst. Plus, denying teams on its own does not look town)

Second sort of answers part of why I denied the team.

Part 1: Was super uneasy about how donut was completely passive regarding the team. He didn't talk/post about a single read of note and just went with what other people said. Made me worried that he already knew the mission would fail. Also had a bit of the dC "I choose the talkiest, leadiest players I can see/think of" which, again, reminds me of prime spy moves (discrediting them early so as to throw town off).

Part 2: Simply put, we got basically nothing from the first team suggestion because everyone basically agreed pregame to deny it. If this one fell through it would provide a little extra starting info to go back on, which is always nice.

Have little time for questioning right now but you can bet I'll return.
02-24-2015, 08:05 AM
I think I've made my reasoning perfectly clear for approving teams on Mission One. Denying teams will get us very little, precisely because we have no hard evidence as to who's scum and who's not. (Unless you're Merlin, in which case you should be very careful about acting on that info lest you get yourself revealed and killed at the end. Oh, by the way, I am Spartacus.)

Once we have some successes/failures down, then voting and picks become important. (Who denied the successes? Who approved the failures? Who was on a successful mission? A failed mission?) Right now, I feel like we're just wasting time, and reading too much into these round one picks before we really know anything can only be misleading.

The one, the only, Vancho!
02-24-2015, 08:11 AM
"The only sure criterion" doesn't mean day 1 info is the only thing we can scumhunt from. It means that when voting on early day 1 teams, we don't have much information to base our reads on. Therefore we want to get info. Talky people are good to have info on.

I understand that discrediting talky people is a good spy move, but letting talky people pass with minimum scrutiny is also a good spy move if there's at least one talky spy. Talking about "good spy moves" is full of wine, especially when you're talking about spies sowing misinformation.
02-24-2015, 08:18 AM
No I am Spartacus.

I disagree with your view on denying teams not giving information? It's only useless if we all agree that we're going to deny a team no matter what (like we did the first time).

While it's certainly useless now once we do start getting passes/failures we can look back on them. Yes Merlin knows alignments - but so do the spies and that's who we're looking for.
02-24-2015, 08:19 AM
So Goomba why didn't you approve the me/dC/reaverb team?
02-24-2015, 09:17 AM
@Mecha_Goomba Who do you think are the most likely spies right now? Do you have any strong townreads?

---

Anyway I denied the team because I thought the lack of opposition to the team was weird, I would expect a spy or two trying to argue against the team if it was all Town.

The fact it was barely reinforces my belief there probably a spy on that team.

Current thinking myself and 2 out of {Lawsome, Palamedes, Vancho} for my team, but I want to re-read the thread first.
02-24-2015, 09:20 AM
(02-24-2015 08:18 AM)Palamedes Wrote:  No I am Spartacus.

is this the Krusty Krab?

02-24-2015, 09:26 AM
I suggest Pala and Vancho between those three.
02-24-2015, 09:39 AM
i agree with speedchuck on that suggestion

02-24-2015, 11:06 AM
I counterclaim Spartacus.

I also prefer Lawsome to Vancho of those three. Couldn't tell you exactly why, *VIBES!*, I guess.

Little bit out of it right now or I'd post more, sorry.
02-24-2015, 12:02 PM
I can accept this, probably with Vancho over Lawsome because I still have the biggest vague townread on him.
02-24-2015, 02:30 PM
@Amos How much time is left before communication closes? IIRC communication closes this Wednesday?
02-24-2015, 02:35 PM
45h left for communication, 21h left to submit a team.
I maaaaay extend this time after Mission 1 or 2.
02-24-2015, 03:29 PM
i think the time is fine as is amos

02-24-2015, 10:58 PM
(02-24-2015 08:19 AM)Palamedes Wrote:  So Goomba why didn't you approve the me/dC/reaverb team?

It was the first team proposed and I didn't want to eliminate the info from future rounds of conversation. While day 1 conversation might not be enough to get reads day 1, it's very helpful later.

(02-24-2015 09:17 AM)reaverb Wrote:  @Mecha_Goomba Who do you think are the most likely spies right now? Do you have any strong townreads?

Scumreads:
pE: Little content and inconsistency. In 163 he townreads reaver and then 4 posts later he scumreads him. Immediately after he votes to approve a team with reaver in it.
donut: Team leaders should not be so passive.

Townreads:
Vancho: His "approve for info" philosophy seems unpopular enough that I feel he might have dropped it quietly as a spy.

(Will add more if I have time.)
02-25-2015, 03:22 AM
Okay than Goomba, than, excluding you of course (as oneself should always be option #1) what is the perfect team to suggest now?
02-25-2015, 08:24 AM
To suggest for reave to input? Reaver of course, because I don't think anyone will be able to convince him to not go on his own team. Pala because he's active and up the soonest of the active people. Vancho because townread and active.

@Palamedes: It's interesting that you're going from "choosing the talkiest, leadiest players is prime spy moves" to "sure throw a bunch of talky leady people onto the team." Do you have reasons for this change in views?
02-25-2015, 08:26 AM
Gah, sorry for leaving this until 3-4 hours left.

I want to review my Lawsome townread and get feedback on it before proposing my team.

I'm suddenly kind of wary of Pala given he's suddenly cool with being on a team with me when he said the main reason he was going to deny donut/Pala/reaverb was me.
02-25-2015, 08:52 AM
(02-18-2015 08:23 PM)Lawsome Wrote:  
Quote:Because only six people so far have posted, and I haven't sent in a vote, so I know somebody has sent in a vote but not posted.

That was me, I came in didn't have time to make a post but wanted to reject the team, so I did that and am now making a post later.

I rejected the team. I may have misread the rules, but I can't see a reason why we can't just keep rejecting indefinitely apart from that it will get boring after a while. Reasoning behind rejection: Not everyone has even posted so I can't really have any more that faint reads on people, and dC made the team with even less information to work with than me.

Anyway, posts made my vote are giving me a slight town read on DC and Pala. pE has failed to contribute much but fluff. I'd like pE to get in here and post some content, all the other inactive players to do the same.

This is the most that made me start suspecting Lawsome!Town.

First of all he's going against the grain when I said whoever voted without posting was probably scum.

But furthermore he goes on to say he's Denied the vote in a really genuine way.

Now, he could have sent in an Approve vote initially but...nah. I don't think he's lying here, he would have to have approved the team earlier and then realized claiming denial would look more Town, which contracts his mild "I don't entirely know what I'm doing" vibe.

Now that still doesn't mean he's necessarily Town, since he could have been a spy who denied an all Town team and decided to just claim he had since currently I was thinking there was a scum on the team at the time but:

A) DC is still really likely scum (Asserted without proof, btw, because if he's somehow Town I think he's likely to change his behavior without prompting soon)

B) Pala is looking worse, who was also on the team.

C) He just denied the 1.2 team too, which also looks like there was a spy on it.
02-25-2015, 09:12 AM
Since that post he has:

Scumread donut and phantomEclipse, which is weirdly prophetic of how this mission has turned out.

Some defensives stuff against Pala's attacks which makes me feel slightly more iffy but isn't worse than what Vancho's been doing repeatedly insisting we need a mission result to start scumhunting.
02-25-2015, 09:16 AM
(NOTE - A bunch of RL stuff has happened to me and on advice from FTL mafia I'm trying to cut back on the wordwalling)

I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean, reaverb? Like, you say asserted without proof but the other thing suggests that it's my behaviour that's leading you to that read. Additionally if I were scum that would totally have prompted me to change my behaviour :V

RE: Vancho, #124 worries me a little. I'm seeing the possibility that there are spies in the next few leaders (e.g. Chuck and/or Pala, not accusing either of you this is just for the sake of illustration) and the whole "grab the next few leaders" thing is so a few teams will pop up with, say, Chuck in them and he'll have grounds to approve all of them.

That's probably where the vibes were coming from but I'm not sure if it makes me want to deny a team purely because Vancho is on it at this point...
02-25-2015, 09:32 AM
Yes but I think if you knew the exact things I was scumreading you on it would wine out some things I will be looking for after this mission to see if I should re-evaluate this read.

I would be willing to explain those things either way after Mission 2 happens.
---

On the other hand, re-reading Palamedes I feel better about him again? Like yes he was scumreading me earlier but not in a super-aggressive way and it is a bit more phrased as "I would prefer reaverb not be on the team over these two." rather than "I will deny any team with reaverb on it."

I still want him to explain that shift but....ugh.

I'm going to go look at Vancho again.
02-25-2015, 09:35 AM
(02-25-2015 09:16 AM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  RE: Vancho, #124 worries me a little. I'm seeing the possibility that there are spies in the next few leaders (e.g. Chuck and/or Pala,<SNIP>
HOW DARE YOU

(That post is better at not being too wordy, though. Good job)

It raises a good point, too (In my head. It may not relate to your post that well).
The idea of picking the next few leaders to help determine scum for the next few missions is not that great. What if you get a failure with a team made with the next two leaders? Odds say that you should autodeny both of the next teams. Then you are mostly back to square one.
Therefore, scumhunting is already as started as it's going to get. And basing teams off of position in the list gives scum an excuse to pass a mission with scum on it with no reservations or need for excuses.