Complete The Resistance: DeFranco's Fine French Cuisine: GAME OVER, 5 Stars!
02-25-2015, 09:53 AM
RE: The Resistance: DeFranco's Fine French Cuisine: Mission 1 Round 3
Ok, looking at Vancho again it's the same "most mechanical not really scumhunty stuff, major towntell is focusing the approving the DC/Pala/reaverb team after everybody dropped it" I had before.

Sorry for going in a big circle for no reason.

I'll propose the Pala/Vancho/reaverb team in a few minutes unless somebody has a last minute objection?
02-25-2015, 09:59 AM
I propose the following team: Palamedes/Vancho/reaverb

---

@MV You really need to answer my question from earlier/comment on going ons before the communication period ends 24 hours from now.

@Palamedes I would still like to know how your opinion on me has evolved over the course of the game.

I'm probably not going to post for the rest of the night, will be back tomorrow.
02-25-2015, 10:21 AM
Hmmmmm, I had forgotten about the isolated approval of my team by Vancho. That's...probably enough to tip me over into wanting to approve this team on the same grounds I approved donut/Pala/reaverb

Thought of some strategic considerations for the second mission, is it worth talking about those now or should I wait until we're actually preparing the second mission team?
02-25-2015, 01:41 PM
@reaverb: I have a townread on Vancho, I know I'm town, and while I'm still unsure of you I don't think you're definite or even probable scum. It was more the fact that I was really unsure of you AND donut (and then felt iffier on donut) that really made me eh.

So basically I am 50% alright with you and have been all game. You make sense and you're pushing at people for good reasons without outright just calling them scum for it (like I thought Lawsome was), but so did I when I was a spy early on.
02-25-2015, 02:07 PM
(02-25-2015 01:41 PM)Palamedes Wrote:  You make sense and you're pushing at people for good reasons without outright just calling them scum for it (like I thought Lawsome was), but so did I when I was a spy early on.
Is there something specific about my pushes that makes you think they're spy-like?

Because part of my confusion here your scumread/wariness seems to be "reaverb is doing something Town-y and he could fake that as scum"

which is weird because that logic doesn't make somebody more likely scum, it just makes them not as strong a townread.
02-25-2015, 04:08 PM
Nope!

You've got it 100% right, including the fact that I don't think it makes you more scum it just makes you less town (so still at 50%). This will change as missions pass/fail and your involvement in all of that, but since this is still round one there's nothing to push me one way or the other.
02-25-2015, 07:26 PM
I have been pushing for teams to be approved because 50% of players have information, and 50% do not. Therefore, only about half of people can be informed voters, and it is not necessarily a good idea to narrow those down indiscriminately.

What I mean by that is:

People who have information are,

Merlin: Knows all scum.

Percival: Knows Merlin and Morganna, can't tell them apart.

Morganna/Assassin/Generic : Know each other.

This makes 5 people with information, 2 of which are town, and 3 scum. Since the scum know each other, it is of utmost importance that Merlin is not too obvious (and thus is very good at masking the use of hidden information). Since Percy can't tell Merlin and Morganna apart, this could lead to him being falsely flagged as scum (for trusting Morganna). Also, since scum know each other, they can be sure to pick teams with only one scum player (thus casting suspicion on two towns).

Important to note that Oberron exists, who is known to Merlin, but not the other scum. Thus, Oberron is usually a hindrance to scum team, but in this analysis of who voted for who and who proposed what team, especially round one, will mask Oberron's presence and allow a scum player to possibly slip through scrutiny (As only way for Oberron to be revealed is if that player is on a mission which gets at least one failure, in multiple ways. 2 fails reveals Oberron and regular scum to town, fail on mission without known scum reveals Oberron to scum team.)

Anyway, I am tired and have a lot of homework, thus command over the english grammar has suffered, but I hope that I have succinctly explained the caution one must take in reading into first mission voting patterns (that Merlin could be detected, that there is uninformed scum member, that scum can make town look scummy by association).

The one, the only, Vancho!
02-26-2015, 04:09 AM
I apologise for my inactivity, a combination of being busy the last few days, and then the few days before that being unable to think of things to say. That's not very good, really.

I am accepting palamedes/Vancho/reaverb.

Pala mollified me when I was feeling a little disorientated, when I feel he could have just as easily attacked me he intend tried to get me to clarify myself, something for which I am thankful more but also something which reads as town to me.

Vancho has been helpful but I'm not 100% sure on him. He keeps approving teams even when I find them a little iffy, which I guess fits in with his opinion that no scumhunting can be done on the first mission, but then I also don't agree with him there. Every mission counts. So I'd like to asked him, why have you been consistently approving teams?

reaverb has said nice things about me so obviously is a townie. But more seriously, he's been consistently active, been questioning players and posting his own reasoning. However, in post #107 he says he's not happy with Vancho, his opinion has changed and I can't find a post where he justified it so I'd like to ask Reaverb why the change of opinion on vancho?

I'm aware I'm approving a team and then quizzing it's members which may look a bit odd. I have townreads on all three of you but when going through the topic to ensure my townreads were justified I found a few things that I though I'd like clarified. Anyway I'm kinda starting to think in this game it's more important to have strong townreads than strong scumreads so quizzing your townies might not be too bad an idea.
02-26-2015, 04:23 AM
(02-26-2015 04:09 AM)Lawsome Wrote:  reaverb has said nice things about me so obviously is a townie. But more seriously, he's been consistently active, been questioning players and posting his own reasoning. However, in post #107 he says he's not happy with Vancho, his opinion has changed and I can't find a post where he justified it so I'd like to ask Reaverb why the change of opinion on vancho?
Palamedes gave a contracting opinon that made me re-evalulate:
(02-19-2015 11:17 AM)Palamedes Wrote:  I don't think Vancho would have approved the team as scum given how popular denying it seemed?

I don't think he would decide that approving a team against consensus would get townreads as a spy? Particularly the way he's been pushing his "Always approve every team so we can get more info" thing beyond all reason...I don't think he's faking that opinion for points.

My first instinct when I read his posts was that it was a hail mary to try to get the first team approved (because there was a spy on it) but Palamedes was right it had very little chance of success.

It's possible that Vancho is playing the one of the most gimmicky scumgames I've ever seen, but from what I've read of him (here, he was in one of the magichunt games I read) that doesn't seem like something he would/could pull off.
02-26-2015, 08:05 AM
I am going to accept reaver's team because it's exactly what I suggested and I don't see a better team happening today.
02-26-2015, 08:09 AM
@phantomEclipse What do you think of this team?
02-26-2015, 08:15 AM
Well as long as everyone's chiming in...

I'm accepting because I've reached sufficient confidence in Vancho (as I mentioned before) and the team is otherwise identical to mine (and nothing's happened that's made me reconsider the team I put forward).
02-26-2015, 09:17 AM
hmm
i mean it's essentially my team but with vancho instead of me and i wouldn't put vancho down as super scummy?
(still unsure wrt to reaver bc i can't read him)
i'll make hypotheticals a bit and probably accept it
02-26-2015, 10:45 AM
(02-26-2015 08:09 AM)reaverb Wrote:  @phantomEclipse What do you think of this team?

i already denied it yesterday :3

sorry chaps, cant change now

It's time to, T-T-T-T-T-T TRIPLE POST
02-26-2015, 10:53 AM
I am not saying that every team ever should be approved simply for the information. I am just saying that round 1 voting information is crap all compared to subsequent rounds, precisely because only half of the players could even possibly be making any sort of informed decision, and for those players who do have information, there is an incentive to avoid acting on it round one because they will reveal themselves. It is true that scum would approve teams if there was at least one scum player, but scum can also approve teams without scum if they think it will get town off their tracks because they have more possible rounds to fail. If Town is openly scumhunting based on Mission 1 votes, then we are actively incentivizing scum to deny teams Round one if there is a scum player on the team, or at least if the team doesn't have overwhelming popular support (in which case, they will be lost in the mass).

Plus, narrowing down who was voting based on prior information in Round One also helps scum, by narrowing down the possibilities for Merlin. If, for example, all five players who had information Round 1 are revealed, then scum has a 50/50 chance to win at the end of the game (since 3/5 are scum, you are only left with Percival and Merlin), even if Town has succeeded on three missions! Thus, I suggest extreme caution with this approach, as it can be both confused by scum voting strategically, and can give scum information as well. (Vote analysis is a double-edged sword).

The amount of information we're getting from here is exceedingly small, and it can very easily be confused with false info. Plus, scumhunting based on who is informed still leaves Oberron, who is immune to detection by this method. The only way to detect Oberron is through a failed mission.

02-26-2015, 10:54 AM
EBWOP: I have been consistently approving teams because it is a better way to get information than vote analysis (reasoning above).

02-26-2015, 10:56 AM (This post was last modified: 02-26-2015 10:57 AM by amosmyn.)
(02-26-2015 10:45 AM)phantomEclipse Wrote:  
(02-26-2015 08:09 AM)reaverb Wrote:  @phantomEclipse What do you think of this team?

i already denied it yesterday :3

sorry chaps, cant change now

Actually, you can change your vote up until all 10 votes are in/deadline.
02-26-2015, 02:33 PM
oh good show, i /might/ change it then

02-27-2015, 01:03 AM (This post was last modified: 02-27-2015 01:04 AM by amosmyn.)
The Team Has Been Approved
Approve: everyone except...
Deny: pE

Palmedes, Vancho, Reaverb, please PM me to confirm whether or not the mission will pass or fail.

(communication will resume in Mission 2)
02-28-2015, 03:16 AM (This post was last modified: 02-28-2015 03:17 AM by amosmyn.)
Mission 2
Round 1

Turn Order

1. dC
2. Donuts
3. reaverb
4. speedchuck
5. Palamedes
6. Mecha_Goomba
7. Vancho1
8. Mister Visceral
9. pE
10. Lawsome

There are 6 Townies, 4 Minions.

Only the team leader is permitted to use boldface barring mod questions.

Quests:
Quest 1: 3
Reaverb/Vancho1/Palamedes SUCCESS
Quest 2: 4
Quest 3: 4
Quest 4: 5 (Will only fail if sabotaged by two people)
Quest 5: 5

As usual, don't edit posts, don't contact people about the game and there is no scumchat.

Try to get mission proposals in quickly. Each team leader has a maximum 2 days to propose a team, and everyone has a total of 3 days to communicate. A total of five days will be provided to vote.

Because this is the first Round after a mission, THERE WILL BE A 1 DAY EXTENSION ON EVERYTHING.

02-28-2015, 04:22 AM
Day 1 analysis ftw!

Uh, speedchuck should obviously propose speedchuck/reaverb/Pala/Vancho

Probable scum who should try to convince me they aren't scum: Mister Visceral, DC, PhantomEclipse

My top preference for the fourth to reaverb/Pala/Vancho is Lawsome the same reasons I suggested him for a team member #196-7
---
(02-28-2015 03:16 AM)amosmyn Wrote:  Only the team leader is permitted to use boldface barring mod questions.
@Amos Uh, I've been bolding @Player for a while, would you prefer I stop? (I can probably use color)
02-28-2015, 04:33 AM
Aaaaa screw it its all cool so long as non team leaders keep from bolding team names.
02-28-2015, 05:30 AM
Well, that's cool. I'll probably go with Reaverb's suggestion, but we could all weigh in first. I'm really quite busy today, but I will read everyone's posts.
02-28-2015, 05:39 AM
@speechuck Do you disagree with any of those "probable scum" reads.

Also what do you think of donut?
02-28-2015, 08:40 AM
(02-26-2015 04:23 AM)reaverb Wrote:  
(02-26-2015 04:09 AM)Lawsome Wrote:  reaverb has said nice things about me so obviously is a townie. But more seriously, he's been consistently active, been questioning players and posting his own reasoning. However, in post #107 he says he's not happy with Vancho, his opinion has changed and I can't find a post where he justified it so I'd like to ask Reaverb why the change of opinion on vancho?
Pala...
ahh right, missed that post. Yeah that makes sense.

(02-26-2015 10:53 AM)Vancho1 Wrote:  I am not...
Oh right, that clears it up. Yeah your logic is pretty sound, fair enough.

I don't think I'll pass Speed's team, Speed was initially a little guarded, which he blamed to still being in "mafia mode". He's been being a bit more active, asking questions etc which makes me trust him a little more. The thing is, if speedchuck makes a move and his team fails, he'll undoubtably get the blame for it whether he's a spy or not simply for being less trusted than his teammates, and that makes me nervous.

ANYWAY Speed, if you couldn't pick speedchuck/reaverb/Pala/Vancho, what team would you pick?
02-28-2015, 09:03 AM
Still haven't had time to read over those scumguys, reaverb, just popping in to get Lawsome to clarify for later:

If I couldn't use that exact team, or any of them?
02-28-2015, 09:07 AM
I don't really mind, I was just wondering who was on your town list aside from those three.
02-28-2015, 11:38 AM
@reaverb: Unless you're attempting to using process of elimination I am completely failing to understand your reasoning here. MV has basically done nothing all game, I would have thought pE being the sole denial on that last team makes him LESS likely to be a spy (spies would have realized the team was getting approved and voted to approve to avoid standing out), and without an answer to that #199 thing I don't think I can say anything with regards to myself.

Also while I agree speed should propose himself + D1 success, we still need to keep in mind that spies do not HAVE to fail the mission they are on. (Main reason I say this is that if we fail D2 and assume speed is a spy, then we could run into problems)
02-28-2015, 12:37 PM
it's very obvious that scum had to have had been on the team, but chose to not fail it.

(i didnt read anyone else, TL; DR) but that's basically what everyone should be thinking right now

either that or there was the off chance that it was all town and that the entire scum team unanimously agreed to push it through, knowing it would succeed. (because they /totally/ can talk with eachother)

02-28-2015, 12:38 PM
I would bet you anything that if you put the same eact team up +1 it would fail no matter what

02-28-2015, 12:56 PM
@phantomEclipse What team would you suggest in lieu of Mission 1 + fourth wheel?
02-28-2015, 01:01 PM
I would say myself, but still like i said, it would still fail even though i am town. you'd basically have to pick someone who looks town as well as replace the person who we assume as scum.

that is figuring there was only one scum on the team in the first place

02-28-2015, 01:12 PM
Who specifically do you believe is the scum on that team? Who would you replace them with (aka "looks town")?
02-28-2015, 01:53 PM
im honestly just terrible with reads but from the 3 teams suggested~

DC:
dichotomousCreator/Palamedes/reaverb
Donut:
icanhasdonut/reaverb/palamedes
Reaverb:
Palamedes/Vancho/reaverb

Palamedes and Reaverb were on every team, so reallistically Vancho would be the odd man out.

Votal-wise~

DC:
Approve: Vancho1, dC
Deny: Everyone else

Donut:
Approve: speed, dC, Vancho1, pE
Deny: Palamedes, reaverb, Lawsome, Mecha Goomba, MV
No Vote: Donut

Reaverb:
Approve: everyone except...
Deny: pE

So if anyone, i would try Reaverb/Palamedes/phantomEclipse and throw in MV cause yolo. otherwise pick between Lawsome and Donut cause those are the only two people i can sorta feel as town.

Vancho approved every team, but only the third team was unanimously approved.

i dont know, im again terrible at reads and investigating. But just look at the statistics and choose for yourself. I would personally do the Reav/Pala/PE/MV team though and see if it passes

02-28-2015, 01:54 PM
in otherwords, my opinion towards reaverb and vancho are flipped now

02-28-2015, 03:21 PM
cool
unsure if someone on there is scum but i couldn't see pala as not sabotaging(for more info on pala in resistance see the other resistance game where he was elected to go d1 and sabotaged) so if there's some scum on there i'd say reaverb or vancho(no clue btwn which one)
02-28-2015, 03:27 PM
@dount
Besides yourself, who would you support for being in a reaverb/Pala/Vancho/Fourth team?

How likely would you rank the "scum threw success" world for this mission (as opposed to the Mission being all Town)?
02-28-2015, 03:46 PM
(02-28-2015 12:37 PM)phantomEclipse Wrote:  it's very obvious that scum had to have had been on the team, but chose to not fail it.
Yeah, look at the approval rate. 9v1? Scum are on that team. So the real question is: Assuming one scum on that team, who would you all want to send off, and who would you replace them with? (Updating another mafia game, will answer other posed questions later)
02-28-2015, 04:27 PM
(02-28-2015 12:37 PM)phantomEclipse Wrote:  it's very obvious that scum had to have had been on the team, but chose to not fail it.

Uh... obvious how?

I know I don't see any reason for scum to not fail a mission unless there's two and they wine each other out (Oberon comes to mind here I guess). As for the 9 vs 1 approval - let me ask you all something:

Why would scum want to not support a team that will succeed? All it would do is make them, if the team does succeed, look terrible for going against it. I mean speed/pE seem to be literally suggesting that the only way for a D1, no-spy team to pass is if town unanimously votes to succeed it.

Basically here I think we have scum pushing a ridiculous logical fallacy. On that note I think pE and speed are scum.

pE I do not get how reaverb is townier than Vancho in your given votal worlds.
02-28-2015, 07:00 PM
it's just coincidentally vancho approved all the teams and was as well on the approved team who succeeded.

and it's a double edge sword pala, either theyre all town and the spies want them to look bad or there is a spy or more on the team and their fellow spies want them to appear town. very obvious and confusing logic

02-28-2015, 07:27 PM
No no PE does make a good point, though it's possible that mafia could have felt that they couldn't reject the team for fear of standing out. But I don't recall UNANIMOUS support of the team before it was suggested, or anyone saying anything like "this team obviously must be approved", therefore there is some evidence to suggest at least one on T1 is a spy. It's a good point, I don't know whether it's true though.

Quote: Lawsome and Donut cause those are the only two people i can sorta feel as town.

Why Dounut? Loads of people have him pegged as a spy, why do you feel otherwise?
02-28-2015, 07:36 PM
I would say this: It is very possible for Reaverb to be scum. Palamedes, slightly less, but still possible. I, of course, am clean, but it is reasonable that you could suspect me to have voted strategically. Also, I have approved all the teams, but so did dC - by your logic, this is also suspicious.

Since we know that mission one passed, we would like to be able to test that team's trustworthiness. I suggest the following - take Mission 1 team - one person, add yourself and one other person, and see what happens. Or perhaps, Mission 1 team - 2 people, so you only share 1 person b/w the teams.

I would propose something like Speedchuck/Pala/Vancho/Lawsome if I were Speedchuck. We would see if we can trust Pala's team, and I think info on Lawsome could be useful.

Or, perhaps, I would deny this team, and see who Palamedes picks. That perhaps would be more useful, since we have some amount of trust we can put in Pala.

02-28-2015, 11:35 PM
(02-28-2015 07:00 PM)phantomEclipse Wrote:  it's just coincidentally vancho approved all the teams and was as well on the approved team who succeeded.

and it's a double edge sword pala, either theyre all town and the spies want them to look bad or there is a spy or more on the team and their fellow spies want them to appear town. very obvious and confusing logic

Randomly, there's a 60% chance Vancho is town, and a 10% chance Vancho is the one scum role that has any reason to NOT fail a round (Oberon).

Can you tell me why scum would not fail the first mission? What do they have to gain by just letting it pass (some minor trust) over what they lose (a chance to cause early confusion and put town on the defensive where they perform poorest).

(02-28-2015 07:27 PM)Lawsome Wrote:  No no PE does make a good point, though it's possible that mafia could have felt that they couldn't reject the team for fear of standing out. But I don't recall UNANIMOUS support of the team before it was suggested, or anyone saying anything like "this team obviously must be approved", therefore there is some evidence to suggest at least one on T1 is a spy. It's a good point, I don't know whether it's true though.

If anything that makes it less likely for there to have been spies amongst reaverb/Vancho? If scum thought the mission was going to fail they'd want to stand by their word, so that when it does fail they can stand back and go 'see I told you, so vote me'.

Also remember while nobody outright said the team NEEDS to be approved most people have thrown townreads (vague or otherwise) towards all three people on it.

That said apparently I could just be crazy since four people are coming out of the woodworks to outright disagree with me (at least one of whom, by my own argument, is probably town). I'm still keeping my scumread on pE though because he's acting like it's a 100% thing and throwing out terms like 'double edged sword' where they don't apply (which always skeeves me out).
02-28-2015, 11:51 PM
>tfw pala throws you under the bus after making you believe he thought were town but really he was lying

brokenheart.gif

03-01-2015, 12:13 AM
(02-28-2015 03:27 PM)reaverb Wrote:  @dount
Besides yourself, who would you support for being in a reaverb/Pala/Vancho/Fourth team?

How likely would you rank the "scum threw success" world for this mission (as opposed to the Mission being all Town)?
i would support someone like lawsome probably, if only because i trust them more then everyone else because everyone else is somewhat susp 2 me/completely lurky

i would not rank it very high. i would probably not follow pE's hypothecal world bc like pala said there's kinda 0 reason to fail
03-01-2015, 12:17 AM
(02-28-2015 11:35 PM)Palamedes Wrote:  That said apparently I could just be crazy since four people are coming out of the woodworks to outright disagree with me (at least one of whom, by my own argument, is probably town). I'm still keeping my scumread on pE though because he's acting like it's a 100% thing and throwing out terms like 'double edged sword' where they don't apply (which always skeeves me out).
Here's what you're missing:

If Mission 1 was all Town and we agree to go with the "Send Mission 1 + Fourth wheel one Mission 2" plan, and our Fourth is also Town, Spies instantly lose.

Because A) All Town mission will succeed Mission 2 and B) We obviously send the same team for Mission 3

So yes I imagine the people pushing the "Spy on a Mission 1" are mostly spies.

Particular evidence for this: DC, PhantomEclipse, speedchuck, Lawsome, Vancho, and arguably donut have pushed the "Spy on Mission 1 angle".

Assuming Mission 1 was all Town, A networked spy is pushing that unless the team is exactly MV/Goomba/donut (which makes no sense given M1R2)
03-01-2015, 02:30 AM
alright

yolo mcfuckall, pick your 4th town and use your old team and we'll see the shitstorm that brews

im telling you right now, mission 2 WILL fail

03-01-2015, 02:40 AM
@reaverb:

You forgot something and I'm not going to say it and I'm going to ask you not to say it when you realize (but do tell me if you realize it).

Also: If the second mission succeeds then fine, I'm mostly warding against "the second mission failed, the person we added to it must be a spy". Which needs to be done EARLY or people will get it stuck in their head that the entire D1 is town and do something stupid like approve "all D1s plus a townread" as a D3 team which then fails AGAIN and puts us in a tight spot.

There's really not much else to be said, teams should probably just be "proposer + D1 team" and we accept based on who the leader is (like I said with Speed).
03-01-2015, 02:45 AM
(02-28-2015 11:35 PM)Palamedes Wrote:  If anything that makes it less likely for there to have been spies amongst reaverb/Vancho? If scum tho...
Woah man I just said that he was making a point. Doesn't mean I think anyone on the team was scum, I was merely kneejerking to your saying it was a "ridiculous logical fallacy". It's perfectly sound logic, it's pretty crazy to decide that one of the three members of M1 MUST be scum based on that single argument still.

(03-01-2015 02:30 AM)phantomEclipse Wrote:  alright

yolo mcfuckall, pick your 4th town and use your old team and we'll see the shitstorm that brews

im telling you right now, mission 2 WILL fail
If the next team does fail don't think anyone's going to drop their spyreads on you.

Quote:If Mission 1 was all Town and we agree to go with the "Send Mission 1 + Fourth wheel one Mission 2" plan, and our Fourth is also Town, Spies instantly lose.
That's a good point, and might explain why some members are arguing so hard against the team.
03-01-2015, 03:04 AM
dC what did reaverb miss? I spotted a thing or two as well but I fail to see how there's anything there that should be hidden (unless you're a spy).