Complete The Resistance: DeFranco's Fine French Cuisine: GAME OVER, 5 Stars!
03-04-2015, 09:21 AM
RE: The Resistance: DeFranco's Fine French Cuisine: M2R1
@DC Are you planning to deny or approve this team?
03-04-2015, 09:29 AM
Deny. Given our current strategy, Speedchuck proposing Speed + D1 team has NO advantages over Pala proposing D1 + player of choice.
03-04-2015, 09:35 AM
(EBWOP: This holds true even if we kick someone off the D1 team provided it's not Pala, and if I were kicking someone off the D1 team it would not be Pala. It'd probably be you :V)
03-04-2015, 09:37 AM
^That's a good point.
03-04-2015, 12:18 PM
(03-04-2015 09:29 AM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  Deny. Given our current strategy, Speedchuck proposing Speed + D1 team has NO advantages over Pala proposing D1 + player of choice.

Does it have a disadvantage? I'm on the team regardless, and so are reaverb+Vancho.

(Aka why do you hate speed?)
03-04-2015, 01:33 PM
The disadvantage is that Speed is our ONLY option. Hence if I don't think Speed is the BEST choice for the slot (which I don't), I should deny.
03-04-2015, 02:50 PM
Ah, alright I can see that. Who would be your top couple suggestions instead of him (and you, obviously)?
03-05-2015, 10:52 AM
Probably Lawsome (big surprise) and...Goomba? I dunno, there's honestly not a lot of standouts. Pretty much all the talkatives (other than myself) have been pegged as good mission candidates already.

Which...IS kind of disturbing now I think about it.
03-05-2015, 02:00 PM (This post was last modified: 03-05-2015 02:17 PM by amosmyn.)
We're missing two voters (hint it's MV and Mecha).

Its a lot easier on me if we dont need to add replacements, so get moving~
03-06-2015, 01:18 AM
Wait, voting phase started? Sorry. I thought you would announce it in thread. Or does it just start once the team is submitted?
03-06-2015, 02:36 AM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2015 07:53 AM by amosmyn.)
Voting always begins immediately after a team is submitted.

Edit: Replacements will go out in 24 hours if the last vote does not come in.
03-08-2015, 04:07 AM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2015 04:07 AM by amosmyn.)
Speedchuck's team has been denied.

Approve: pE, donut
Deny: Palamedes, Vancho1, dC, Mecha_Goomba, reaverb, Lawsome, speedchuck
No Vote Submitted: MV

Palamedes is the new team leader.
48h to propose a team, 72h to communicate, 120h to vote.
Lawsome, pE, please use the proper PM format next time.
03-08-2015, 04:22 AM
RE: The Resistance: DeFranco's Fine French Cuisine: M2R2
hmmm

hmmmm
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

yeah that was the guess

It's time to, T-T-T-T-T-T TRIPLE POST
03-08-2015, 05:58 AM
@speedchuck: Why did you deny your own team?
03-08-2015, 07:18 AM
Yeah Speedchuck this doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Why did you vote against your own team?
03-08-2015, 07:52 AM
hm.
03-08-2015, 10:01 AM
(03-08-2015 05:58 AM)Mecha_Goomba Wrote:  @speedchuck: Why did you deny your own team?
This might seem scummy, but I have no idea what I was thinking when I did that. It must have been late. On the bright side, now we can have the original team + an ideal extra. I vote Lawsome.
03-08-2015, 10:21 AM
...yeah uh

that deny makes very little sense. To Speedchuck's credit, I don't really see any reason for ANYONE to do that so the "I have no idea what I was thinking" argument holds water. On the other hand he seems worried about it seeming scummy in #317?

Anyway for the extra slot on this team I nominate me. For obvious reasons.
03-08-2015, 10:49 AM
i denominate dc, i nominate MV

03-08-2015, 11:07 AM
Ooh, what's my denomination? Is it like a million dollars? I want it to be a million dollars.

Seriously though, why MV? Do you think being afk means he's probably town or something?
03-08-2015, 12:09 PM
Speedchuck denying the team seems a little suspicious, true. I mean, if 'chuck were town, then that would imply... what? That they didn't want a team which most people think is all-town to go through? ???

Anyway, I think pE has made a contradiction in voting for the previous team - If you're so certain that d1+townread will fail, why did you approve a team which was basically that?

Also, here's some analysis: Let's assume that d1 team was all town. What does this voting show? (MV will be discounted since being AFK makes everything hard to analyze)

Two people approved the team: pE and donut. Out of the people who denied it, 3 were the D1 team. Our motivation was that Speedchuck was not a towny enough read. The other people who denied it were Mecha_goomba, dC, speedchuck and Lawsome. Let's discount for now any analysis of D1 team, since the assumption is that all three are town. We are left with two successes, four denials, 1 abstention; we are also left with 3 town and 4 scum among the remaining players. What can we conclude from this? Let's consider two scenarios: speedchuck town, and speedchuck scum:

Speedchuck town: If speedchuck is town, then scum have an incentive to deny the team. This makes mecha_goomba, dC, and Lawsome look suspicious. Since we've eliminated speedchuck as scum, this means the remaining scum player is either MV, voted for the team, or is in the D1 team. If this last scum player voted for the team, then it must be Oberron, or else there is an obvious contradiction (Namely, why would scum approve an all-town team?). If we take those who voted for the team as town, then (discounting MV), the remaining scum player must be hidden in the D1 team. Of course, this analysis suffers from the fact that speedchuck denying the team would be very stupid for speedchuck town: namely, why would a town player ever deny an all-town team?

Conclusion 1: If speedchuck is a town player who made a really stupid decision, then either Oberron is among pE and donut, MV is scum, or one of the D1 team is a spy.

Speedchuck scum: If speedchuck is scum, this immediately casts suspicion on pE and donut (Since they would want to approve a team with a scum player). Therefore, they must be the three spies who know each other, leaving Oberron to be among MV, Lawsome, dC, and Mecha_Goomba. If MV is Oberron, then literally picking any of those three will be a win for town. If MV is town, then Oberron is among those three.

Conclusion 2: If speedchuck is scum, this implies pE and donut scum, leaving us with a great chance to win. Since MV is not active, I would avoid that pick, leaving one of dC, Mecha_Goomba, and Lawsome. Since speedchuck prefers Lawsome, I would suggest Mecha_Goomba.

Final conclusion: If there is no spy on D1 team, we have a 66% chance of winning if we pick between Mecha_Goomba, Lawsome, and dC, or a 75% chance of victory if you include MV, assuming that Speedchuck, pE, and Donut are scum based on reasoning above.

The one, the only, Vancho!
03-08-2015, 03:32 PM
(03-08-2015 12:09 PM)Vancho1 Wrote:  Anyway, I think pE has made a contradiction in voting for the previous team - If you're so certain that d1+townread will fail, why did you approve a team which was basically that?
Yes, I think this contraction is similar to when he approved the Pala/reaverb/donut team right after stating I was his strongest scumread.

(03-08-2015 12:09 PM)Vancho1 Wrote:  Conclusion 2: If speedchuck is scum, this implies pE and donut scum, leaving us with a great chance to win. Since MV is not active, I would avoid that pick, leaving one of dC, Mecha_Goomba, and Lawsome. Since speedchuck prefers Lawsome, I would suggest Mecha_Goomba.
If we think speedchuck/pE/donut are the most likely networked spies (I think this is the most likely world right now, with DC Oberon) then Lawsome can't be a networked spy (so scumreading him based on others behavior doesn't make much sense.)

I believe Lawsome to be Town independently of that world so I would like him to be the Fourth on the Mission 2 team, since if I'm wrong about that world he's still Probably Town.

My current worldstate: M1 team is almost certainly all Town, phantomEclipse pretty close to a lock scumread, donut makes the most sense as a partner unless phantomEclipse has been purposely dripping wine since the game started (given how he approved the Pala/reaverb/donut after stating I was his strongest scumread) and speedchuck makes a lot of sense with those two given he also approved Pala/reaverb/donut team and how phantomEclipse/donut approved his team.

Alternatively phantomEclipse approved an all-Town team despite that being inconsistent with his earlier reads (which doesn't make much sense but nobody behaves perfectly rationally all the time, and approving a team which does contain a spy after fighting that team is already a little weird) and the other spies are two out of Lawsome/Goomba/MV with DC (Oberon vs. networked doesn't really matter much there, DC approving a team after saying they would approve every team early isn't much of a tell.)

phantomEclipse with one out of donut/speedchuck doesn't make much sense from what I can see.

Also by the way phantomEclipse has been widely scumread I think that if he is scum most of what he's saying is going to be Wine, so I'm going to be ignoring his MV nomination etc. as evidence of co-alignment from him. (this also means phantom approving speedchuck isn't as strong evidence for a speedchuck/phantomEclipse team). It's still evidence of him being scum given his complete failure to explain "nominating" a turbolurker.
03-08-2015, 04:02 PM
Right, but remember that there exists Oberron, so if Speedchuck is a spy, then it serves him to approve someone who he thinks is Oberron.

03-08-2015, 04:58 PM
Ok, but why would scum!speedchuck's guess at Oberron be any more accurate than a Townie's?
03-08-2015, 05:04 PM
Because he knows the other regular spies can't be Oberon.

(still mulling over other stuff, but this is a thing)
03-09-2015, 02:42 AM
If all three of D1 squad are town (probably) speedscum would be able to narrow it down somewhat easily. He'd know two of his other scummates, which leaves a guess between four players.

Agree pE/donut look pretty skeevy, but I don't trust Vic either given his lack of participation.

Quick question for Vancho's analysis: What if speed is Oberon?
03-09-2015, 04:33 AM
PE accepting a team he argued was doomed to fail screams of spy to me. Unless he comes up with some seriously good reasoning as to why he did that he'll have lost all trustworthiness in my eyes. To me, that looks like a scumplayer trying to predict the future to make himself look more credible, only to realise that if he doesn't approve the team the spied are completely doomed.

I am growing in confidence that M1 must be town. So then Speedchuck and PE must be networked spies for PE's "This mission is dooomed, DOOMED!" arguments to make sense. This leaves one other networked scum - perhaps donut?

Wither way, from my eyes Speed and PE are probably scum, Pala Vancho and Reaverb are probably not, and of the remaining 4:
1. dC
2. Donuts
6. Mecha_Goomba
8. Mister Visceral

One is networked spy and one is oberron. I will need to look a bit harder to determine who I am to trust. If we somehow end up at the 5 player missions it'll be important. Though to be honest, there's a good chance town have this game.
03-09-2015, 07:13 AM
If speed is Oberon, then my analysis becomes pretty shaky. None of the 3 networked scum would know that speed is scum, but they could guess. That leaves pE and donut a little suspicious, but then that also raises the question of why the three scum didn't vote together. Even though they don't have a private chat, they can still communicate their preferences, and since the only way you can tell scum preferences from town preferences is if you're Merlin or scum, they can communicate who they think is Oberon if they feel it's necessary.

03-09-2015, 10:33 AM
Sorry, been away and kindofforgotaboutthis

I'll be catching up.

"We love eloquence for its own sake, and not for any truth which it may utter, or any heroism it may inspire."
-Henry David Thoreau
03-09-2015, 02:28 PM
#im bad, totes scum.

yeah definetly. we'll just wait until the team fails like i said.

I honestly was like "i want them to fail so i can re-affirm myself on how it will undoubtedly fail"

03-09-2015, 02:29 PM
Im not being serious about being scum, in case anyone somehow has the impression im serious

03-09-2015, 02:42 PM
(03-09-2015 02:28 PM)phantomEclipse Wrote:  I honestly was like "i want them to fail so i can re-affirm myself on how it will undoubtedly fail"
That's honestly not something you should have told us.

I'll pop on the anti-pE for next mission wagon. Still for Lawsome.
03-09-2015, 03:05 PM
Ill just go fuck myself then.....

apparently thats all i ever do

03-09-2015, 03:24 PM
Right, so. I can't put any stock in reaverb's analysis because it assumes I'm scum for reasons he STILL refuses to mention, so I'm ignoring that. System's built on false axioms.

pE is looking like flailing scum to me (and everyone else on the planet so what else is new :V). Lawsome is looking pretty good. I would honestly prefer Palamedes/Vancho/Lawsome/dC as a team as I think Lawsome actually looks better than reaverb at the moment (I'm giving some serious thought to Oberon!reaverb wining himself out of failing mission 1 and then trying to push "oh the M1 team is obviously safe" to make up for it). Everyone else is meh. Should probably wait for MV to weigh in.
03-09-2015, 06:31 PM
Hmm, how about no. I see you've replaced Reaverb with yourself, and coincidentally, you're pushing Reaverb scum? After Pala convinced me that d1 scum passing a mission is probably really rare, and since it's quite unlikely for both reaver and Pala to be scum, and they're saying the same thing.... I think we found our last spy, y'all.

Pala, just propose Me/You/Reaver/Lawsome(Or Mecha_goomba) and be done with it.

03-09-2015, 07:38 PM
..."coincidentally"? That's uh

that's causal, not coincidental. I replaced reaverb with myself BECAUSE I consider reaverb to look like the worst player out of those four and therefore (from my perspective at least) replacing him with myself is an obvious suggestion. Not necessarily one I expect anyone to TAKE, but given everyone should be proposing themselves + the three most towny players and I consider those to be Pala/You/Lawsome...
03-10-2015, 11:17 AM
Why Goomba, Vancho?

Also pE, if it makes you feel any better ask donut about his first game as a spy in resistance (that was you right donut).
03-10-2015, 11:29 AM
don't remind meeeeeeeeee
03-10-2015, 11:33 AM
Hey we still won because of Kieros coming off as smug so no big deal.
03-10-2015, 11:52 AM
@Pala What team are you suggesting?

I don't think further analysis is going to move me away from my conclusions in #323

I still strongly prefer Lawsome, I could possibly be talked be talked into Goomba if somebody has a strong case ready.
03-10-2015, 01:40 PM
Why goomba? Process of elimination, mostly. Basically, just as an alternative in care you didn't like Lawsome.

03-10-2015, 02:57 PM
Eh alright.

Suggest: me, Vancho, reaverb, Lawsome

*crosses fingers*
03-10-2015, 03:15 PM
'Proved

03-10-2015, 03:22 PM
Ditto.

NOTE - There is actually no point speculating about what to do if all four of those are town, as we win in all worlds barring Merlin poisoning (which we can't really do anything about now). So for further conversation, who out of those four is most likely to be scum?
03-10-2015, 03:57 PM
@MV Still around? Can you answer my question from...however many weeks ago it was? What do you think about this mission?

(Approved)
03-10-2015, 07:19 PM
Approved, let's hope this works then. if this mission passes, town have won, if it fails, then - well the game will become a lot more interesting at least. :P

When I come back from school I'll post some reads of people.
03-10-2015, 09:34 PM
Approved.
03-11-2015, 06:45 AM
Actually I'm not gonna post my reads ATM, I'm gonna wait to see if the team passes or fails. If it fails I want to be looking at the way people react and if they're fitting the patterns I'd be looking for. If that makes sense? I think that's a reasonable tactic right?
03-11-2015, 08:52 AM
@Lawsome If the mission fails my top candidate for spy on it would be /you/

So I'd prefer you drop your reads now.
03-11-2015, 09:04 AM
Approve'd