Stop-N-Gas: Minimum Wage, Maximum Weird [IC] In desperate need of replacement pcs
03-01-2015, 06:12 PM (This post was last modified: 03-19-2015 05:39 AM by KatoHearts.)
Stop-N-Gas: Minimum Wage, Maximum Weird [IC] In desperate need of replacement pcs
[Image: Wew8CWx.png]

Hello and welcome to this terri-

Wait, hold on, I said that last time...

But either way, I'll be your host, KatoHearts.

Time for an intro!

This game is about working at a gas station smack dab in the middle of Bumfuck, Nowhere.

No, not the one in the desert.

The one in lovely West Dakota.

Fun fact, out of 78 states polled West Dakota ranks highest in dense unexplored forests and has the second highest concentration per square foot of spooky clinging fog.

Deep California took first but having the world's largest cave system is both practically and literally cheating.

Now, for whatever reason I felt like keeping the game's theme a vague secret last time around.

Obviously said secret is out at this point so I won't delude myself into thinking I can fool anyone else.

I think one person sort of didn't see it coming last time.

Here's the gist of it.

Any paranormal event from ghosts to cultists intent on summoning the old gods to a gang of five aliens that fly around the universe solving mysteries with their pet alien creature who is actually just an abducted human and everything in between can happen at the station.

So here's what you do!

You deal with the paranormal bullshit.

You tend the station while following whatever orders come in from Management.

You always make sure Mr. Grey gets his drink and candy.

You survive.

You get that sweet minimum wage check.

Welcome to the Night Shift.

Mechanics.
This will be a very light system. There aren't any stats and I'll roll dice as the story demands so don't worry about getting a critical fumble on your mop roll.
Name: Most humans have these.
Appearance: I'd be very confused if you didn't have one of these.
Bio: Make it quick or don't, it does/doesn't need to be an in depth affair.

Game starts sometime in the future, probably this Octoday. My schedule is constantly in flux but I'll be updating whenever I can.

Since it's the first night let's go with four players.

JUST FOUR.

NO EXCEPTIONS.

Probably.

Oh, and have a little ambiance.

03-02-2015, 04:13 PM (This post was last modified: 03-03-2015 02:50 PM by phantomEclipse.)
RE: Stop-N-Gas: Minimum Wage, Maximum Weird
Name: William G. Conway
Appearance: ~38, constant 5 o'clock shadow, sad depressed eyes, dark circles from minimal sleep, short black hair with barely visible single gray hairs here and there. Wears a clean white t-shirt and old worn jeans which are beginning to flay at the ends. wears some nice sketchers that would be suitable to wear to church even, or better yet, to a job.
Bio: Will Conway is a broken man, having lost his wife and child in a freak accident involving an "animal" on a desert highway, he now lives in his hometown in West Dakota. Having wasted his money away on drinking and sadness, the fines and rent are becoming more increasingly aggressive. He read in the smallest of prints on a newspaper he fished out of the trash of a gas station hiring for new employees for a night shift job. Cash is cash, what could go wrong?

and my own choice of ambience:

It's time to, T-T-T-T-T-T TRIPLE POST
03-02-2015, 04:45 PM (This post was last modified: 03-05-2015 10:00 AM by Raptarion.)
Name: Richard "Richie Rich" "Dick" Bradley

Appearance: A complexion that says "I fell asleep in the tanning bed." Black hair spiked up with enough hair-gel to tame a thousand cow licks. A lime colored polo with a perpetually popped collar. Some baggy jeans. And of course. The sunglasses. Even when working the night shift.

Bio: Richard was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. He has never had to worry about money. His days are spent being a dudebro douche-bag. He works out, plays games, lives almost entirely on mountain dew and Doritos, and smokes pot because smoking pot makes you cool and funny. This is science.

Unfortunately, his parents have threatened to cut him off unless he has a job. So, now he's working the night shift four nights a week at some gas station. But it sounds like a do nothing job, and it's not like he's not up all night every night anyway.

Space is warped and time is bendable.
03-04-2015, 05:40 PM
Hum, well, I was hoping to have attracted more attention by now. Perhaps last round was or than I thought or maybe it's because I didn't advertise this time around. Who knows? Game will likely start after we get one more player.
03-05-2015, 12:15 AM
and descriptions mspa

03-05-2015, 12:44 AM
One more player, you say?
Can i grab it?

I am but a sheet of paper
03-05-2015, 02:59 AM
Yeah sure.
03-05-2015, 09:27 AM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2015 09:29 AM by Pagan.)
Name: Judge H. Grant
Appearance: About 5' and in his 20's, Judge wears a woven-hemp hooded poncho and some comfortably baggy and soft pants, covered in patches from bands and festivals. He has blonde hair, twisted into dreadlocks that are pulled back into a bun, and oddly enough he doesn't reek for it. He wears a pair of old combat boots, that have been polished with silver instead of the body's black. His eyes are green, and he has two gauges in each ear, the higher of the two smaller than the other.
Bio: "I'm just like, some guy, dude. It's whatever man, just like, give me a job."
Well, his resume is sound, his background check is clean, and his references all check out. He seems to be a little over qualified for the position, but hey, who'd hire this bum?

Working Name: Anarkismo
03-05-2015, 12:07 PM
Well I was hoping for at least the illusion of choice but I suppose the game will start just as soon as we get one more completed app.
03-05-2015, 12:28 PM
Richard "Dick" Bradley and Michael "Mike" Hawk-Dover are:

"The Space Time Continuum Bros"

03-06-2015, 12:14 AM
Name: John Truman
Appearance: ~5' and on his 20. He have short black hair that always look messy. He wears a blue jeans with an old white sneaket that looks like it have been taken from the dumps and a black t-shirt with an unzipped jacket over it. He have blue eyes and have several burn marks on his cheek.
Bio: John haven't been so desperate. His burger joint he usually works at have been closed for bankrupty, and he needs to pay for his apartement next week, lest he will be kicked out and wander on the street. Again. He found an advertisement of the near gas station hiring people to work night-shift, and goes there in the instant.

I am but a sheet of paper
03-06-2015, 03:29 AM
Fix your grammar or you're going to get eaten. I'm not even joking. Game starts soon enough.
03-06-2015, 05:44 AM
i hate it when im "Five foot-" and on my 20

as well as my old white sneakets and i has several burn marks on my cheek.

if i havent been so desperate, my old job have not been closed maybe.

i had better to the new job in the instant

(these were the ones i noticed. i thought it was funny tbh :p )

03-06-2015, 09:42 AM
Right, now that I have that out of the way, the game will start either tonight or tomorrow and should update every night.
03-07-2015, 01:49 AM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2015 01:51 AM by KatoHearts.)
It's about as unremarkable as you'd expect. The pumps are gleaming, the pavement looks new, and the sign proudly proclaims, in purply-mauve neon, "Stop-N-Gas".

Here it stands, one little blip of civilization in so many miles of forest.

The current time is 9:45, a perfect time for a punctual arrival.

The sun set hours ago, and even between the stars, the full moon, and the station's lights you can barely see more than a few trees into the forest.

Under the awning of the main building you can see the pumps, all three of them.

Parked out front is a dinged up old civic with someone sitting on the hood.

There's a propane cage as well as an ice locker by the doors.

There’s a set of automatic doors set diagonally on the left side of the building.

And we've started, if you have something to say ooc put it in spoilers.
03-07-2015, 03:26 AM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2015 10:37 AM by Raptarion.)
RE: Stop-N-Gas: Minimum Wage, Maximum Weird [IC Only]
Dick parks his yellow Porsche out front, ignores the guy on the civic, and heads inside.

03-07-2015, 10:03 AM
A handful of minutes later, Judge rolls down the street on his longboard, slowly cruising into the parking lot. Seeing someone sitting on the hood of a car, haha who even drives cars today man?, he turns towards them and asks, "Excuse me, do you have a smoke you could spare?"

03-07-2015, 06:39 PM
Can't smoke here man. It, well, it's not really safe.

The blonde haired man checks his watch.

Two out of four huh? Maybe they'll show up later to help.

He hops off the hood and heads inside.

Now that he's in the light you can see he's wearing a Stop-N-Gas uniform.
03-08-2015, 12:57 AM
Will pulls up in his truck, as he goes to drive behind the store and park he sees some sorta hippie and a blonde man talking, he looks to be an employee. He parks his truck, retrieves his bottle of water from the passenger seat, then exits and locks the door. He walks around and enters inside.

03-08-2015, 11:35 AM
10:00 PM

The inside of the station is surprisingly modern. Along the back wall are the coolers, which appear to be efficient, given he layer of frost across the glass. On the right are three long aisles of snacks, automotive products, and other useful necessities. On the south wall there’s a coffee machine, a hotdog roller, a slushy machine with an out of order sign it as well as some stools and open counter space. In the back right is a hallway, probably leading to the bathrooms and the back of the coolers. On the left is the cashier's counter, closed off with security glass, though it looks like there’s a way in by the coolers.

The man in the station uniform nods towards William, Richard and Judge before heading back behind the counter.

So you guys are the new night crew right? Management said I had four coming in but, eh, if he's not even going to show up on time well, he's not someone you want on the shift with you.

The name's Randy, I work the day shift, used to work nights. Figured I'd hang around and make sure you guys got settled in.

It's the kind thing to do.
03-08-2015, 01:44 PM
"Sweet. What we doing first Randy?... man I'm not feeling that name. How 'bout 'Big R?' Naw. Sounds like an abbreviation of Big Red. The worst soft drink ever invented. I'll think of somethin' though."

03-09-2015, 02:32 PM
"As a serious question, Randy. Where do you guys keep your security camera feed, or at least a place we are able to check around the store?"

Will scratches his face and looks around the store for cameras

03-09-2015, 02:54 PM
Richard looks around.

"Pretty sure you can see the entire store from here bro." He says.

03-09-2015, 05:35 PM
Well, I think the only cameras we have are on the outisde of the building.

Unless we fixed that thing with the bathroom.

Randy shakes his head and fumbles with something under the counter.

That's all hooked up to the Management office, though, which is pretty solidly off limits. Anyway, I can't stay long. I just worked day shift and Management has... feelings about the concept of overtime. I'm just here to...

A light creak sounds from under the counter.

Fuck.

Randy stands up quickly.

Okay! I had a book for you guys to use, should have been in the safe, it isn't. It's a big three ring binder type, really scuffy.

He glances at a clock on the wall.

It's 10:04 now and I'm not allowed on the property past 10:10 so I've got a little over five minutes to help you find'em.

Randy makes his way out from behind the counter and heads for the east side of the store saying,

I suggest you guys get looking right quick.

before heading into the breakroom.
03-09-2015, 11:35 PM
"...Big R. seem jumpy to either of you?" Richard asks.

03-10-2015, 03:13 AM
Looking around, a tad confused, Judge shrugs, "I dunno man, Randy must be a bit randy, ahahaha." He laughs at his joke as he heads back towards the bathrooms, maybe the binder book thing is there.

03-10-2015, 04:21 AM
Judge and the restrooms
The restrooms are in the back right of the store, in a bit of an alcove past the coolers.

There's only two of them obviously but across from them you can see the heavy door that leads behind the coolers.

A quick check of the women's side turns up nothing, might want to mop it later though, the floor is uncomfortably sticky.

You hear a whirr when you open the men's room door.

The source is rather obvious.

A security camera is attached to the wall across from the mirror.

It turns to look at Judge before making a slight ping and refocusing on the mirror.

Something brushes by Judge's feet and into the main room of the station.

Also, this place stinks of shit, get on that will you?

OOC
BRB driving to Gulf Shores
03-10-2015, 06:14 AM
Richard looks around the main room halfheartedly for the binder.

03-10-2015, 07:05 AM
"Fuckin rank!"
Judge looks around the bathroom, paranoid from, what he presumes to be, the rat that just pushed past his feet. As he searches he thinks back to the camera, Wait, the management is here? At 10pm? Well that's a breather.

03-10-2015, 02:03 PM
Will goes and sits behind the counter, to test Richard's theory of being able to see everything just fine from there. He takes a quick look at the setup of the register etc.

03-10-2015, 04:53 PM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2015 02:47 PM by KatoHearts.)
RE: Stop-N-Gas: Minimum Wage, Maximum Weird [IC] Looking for one player, pm me an app
Will and the Register.

Not that much back here.

Cigarettes and tobacco are on the back wall.

There's a big display for "Dio and Bacchy's Fortified Exotics."

On the counter there's a fairly modern looking touchscreen computer, it likely runs the register and the pumps.

Under the counter there's a safe, open but mostly filled with junk, and...

oh.

A crossbow, that's nice...

From where Will is standing he has a good view of the main section of the floor and the pumps.

Speaking of views, from where Will is standing he's able to spot something skitter past a shelf and out of sight.

It looked... squarish.

Keh, keh.

OOC
Terra's been kicked by the way.
03-11-2015, 04:37 AM
RE: Stop-N-Gas: Minimum Wage, Maximum Weird [IC] Looking for one player, pm me an app
"Nobody see the binder yet?" Richard asks, not really sounding like he cared. They could probably do this job fine without some stupid binder.

03-11-2015, 02:16 PM
Will rubs his eyes sleepily

"fuck, i need some caffeine" he says.

He calls out to Randy, "Hey Randy! Why you do you guys keep a Crossbow in your safe?!"

03-11-2015, 05:14 PM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2015 05:51 AM by KatoHearts.)
10:09

Randy? Fuck.

Randy comes out of the back room.

It's a deterrent, just in case any-

He spots something just out sight for the crew.

LIBELLUS!

Oh shit.

A skittering sound can be heard but it's quickly blocked out by the sound of Randy punting a small object across the store.

It bounces off the counter and lands by Will.

Libellus, you ass-

A phone starts to ring.

Oh no.

Randy starts hopping from foot to foot.

There's a slight smell of burning plastic.

OW, FUCK, OW. I GOTTA GO. DON'T DIE.

He sprints outside cursing the whole way, jumps in his car, and drives off so fast you'd swear you saw some flames for a second.

Serves him right.

Two spider like legs hook the side of the counter and hoist up, well, a binder.

The thing settles on the counter.

It's a three ring binder with four spindly legs, one protruding from each corner of its spine though the back(?) legs are noticeably shorter. The whole thing looks to be made from leather. On the cover, embossed in a purply-mauve is "Stop-N-Gas Employee Manual"

He kicked me right in the spine, honestly I ask you, who does that?

It flaps open and closed when it talks.
03-11-2015, 10:24 PM
Richard stares. He can't really think to do anything else. Oh wait. Yeah he can. He thinks to point, look horrified, and ask "Did that binder just talk?"

03-12-2015, 12:47 PM
Will cautiously eyes the open binder, reading the contents

03-12-2015, 03:56 PM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2015 03:57 PM by KatoHearts.)
Binder? Binder? Is that what Randy really thinks of me? His dear friend Libellus?

Libellus flaps indignantly, what few pages can be seen are mostly diagrams and spidery text.

Well I'll have you know I'm a grown book, hell, I'm practically a tome at this point.

Humans just have no respect these days.

We're short staffed though so I guess you'll have to do.

He opens up his pages shakes a bit, letting a slip of paper fall free.

There's your to do list and I've got a blood contract for you all to sign at the end of the night.

He shifts uncomfortably, which amounts to him actually not moving that much.

What the hell are you all staring at?

Not that I blame you, I am pretty handsome
03-13-2015, 08:56 AM (This post was last modified: 03-13-2015 08:57 AM by Raptarion.)
"...right. Blood contract. That's totally a thing that's going to happen." Richard says, in a voice that suggests there's not fucking way that's going to happen.

03-13-2015, 10:23 AM
Oh don't worry, we've already got your blood. You just gotta sign on the dotted line, or you know, work for free.
03-13-2015, 10:37 AM
"'Already have my blood?' The fuck do you mean you already have my blood?"

03-13-2015, 11:29 AM (This post was last modified: 03-13-2015 11:30 AM by KatoHearts.)
Let me see...

Libellus unfolds and flips his pages back and forth a few times before settling on what looks like a ledger.

Ah, we have two pints from you, signed for by one Mr. Bradley and collected over several years.
03-13-2015, 11:33 AM
"I never signed over any of my... wait. Why am I talking to a binder? I'm not doing this."

03-14-2015, 10:15 AM
((yay im on spring break finally))

Will just facepalms. "That must mean that you have all of our blood then i assume?

just fucking fantastic...."

03-17-2015, 11:23 AM
10:15

It hardly matters considering we-

A loud crash comes from behind the building.

Oh, here we go. To-do list is on the counter boys and I'll be in here if you need me.

Headlights can be seen outside as a car pulls up.
03-17-2015, 11:51 AM
"I'll man the register. You two check out what made that noise."

03-17-2015, 12:11 PM
"...no. Fuck that 'Not it' bull. You go check it out." Richard says.

03-17-2015, 03:01 PM
Well one of you has to go so, ah.

The front door slides open with a chime.

The man who walks in wears a black over coat, hair is a bit greasy, basically disheveled-chic.

Welcome to Stop-N-Gas!

He nods towards the crew with an,

Nnh.

Before wandering off to browse the shelves.
03-17-2015, 03:02 PM
"fine, you fuckin' pansy."

Will casually takes the crossbow from beneath the counter and strolls toward the aisle with it

03-17-2015, 03:03 PM (This post was last modified: 03-17-2015 03:03 PM by phantomEclipse.)
"dont worry sir, this isnt for you....

we just might have a field mouse in here, and i couldnt find anything else to hit it with" he says

03-17-2015, 03:14 PM
Richard looks between the newcomer and the binder. Was he seriously not going to comment on that? Whatever. He heads over to the coolers to grab a mountain dew.