Complete Traffic Jam Mafia (TOWN WIN)
04-20-2015, 03:07 PM
RE: Traffic Jam Mafia [16/16] (DAY 1: High Noon, High Tempers)
WOW THAT'S LIKE 15 LURKERS YOU ALL DESERVE TO DIE.
04-20-2015, 03:13 PM
I'm sorry I'll try to do my best to prevent lurking in the future please forgive me amosmyn-senpai ;-;
04-20-2015, 03:25 PM
Lynch: Coldblooded

This is for adventure mafia D:

WHOA CHECK OUT ALL THESE MAFIA GAMES GUYS
(06-06-2016 06:12 AM)Coldblooded Wrote:  if there was ever a scumteam to overthink things and make a huge dramatic production out of day one, DC and Granola would probably be it.
04-20-2015, 03:25 PM
CARNEGIE ARE YOU MAFIA??
04-20-2015, 03:26 PM
Garuru Wrote:I say we weed out the jammers!

get out

Vote: Garuru

It's time to, T-T-T-T-T-T TRIPLE POST
04-20-2015, 03:34 PM
(04-20-2015 03:25 PM)amosmyn Wrote:  CARNEGIE ARE YOU MAFIA??

Maybe...but first, answer this...do you take pleasure in the creation of and participation in traffic jams...

Also I just realized there's sort of an irony in the flavor being a traffic jam. If someone dies, their car will be left unattended. Unmoving. Furthering the jam
04-20-2015, 03:38 PM
Lynch Carnegie

Tumblr/Steam
04-20-2015, 03:44 PM
Lynch: Carnegie

Carnegie, please remain calm, continue playing more or less normally, and make an earnest effort to answer queries directed at you. That's all I have to say about this vote at this time.

Here's one now: Are you actually uncertain about your alignment in any way?

(06-06-2016 06:12 AM)Coldblooded Wrote:  if there was ever a scumteam to overthink things and make a huge dramatic production out of day one, DC and Granola would probably be it.
04-20-2015, 03:50 PM
That was...rather unnecessarily rude.

No, I answered a very obviously joke question with a joke answer. No fun allowed D1 I guess, my bad.
04-20-2015, 03:54 PM
Vote: dichotomousCreator 'cause he a scum.
04-20-2015, 04:06 PM
you know what's really good at reducing traffic?

buses.

and to have lots of buses on the road.....

you need to have lots of....

busdrivers.

i'm just saying

if this isn't busdriver mafia 3

i will eat an entire bear.

lynch amosmyn.

because he decided to play in this setup instead of seeing whether or not it was fit for human consumption.

"Have some wine," the March Hare said in an encouraging tone.
Alice looked all round the table, but there was nothing on it but tea.
"I don't see any wine," she remarked.

(06-25-2013 09:31 AM)Chirality Wrote:  And then everyone cut the simplest explanations in tiny pieces then set them on fire then threw them in a lake and poisoned the lake.
04-20-2015, 04:34 PM
(04-20-2015 03:34 PM)Carnegie Wrote:  Maybe...but first, answer this...do you take pleasure in the creation of and participation in traffic jams...

Also I just realized there's sort of an irony in the flavor being a traffic jam. If someone dies, their car will be left unattended. Unmoving. Furthering the jam

I THINK YOU DO.
VOTE CARNEGIE AGAIN

(04-20-2015 04:06 PM)beruru Wrote:  you know what's really good at reducing traffic?

buses.

and to have lots of buses on the road.....

you need to have lots of....

busdrivers.

i'm just saying

if this isn't busdriver mafia 3

i will eat an entire bear.

lynch amosmyn.

because he decided to play in this setup instead of seeing whether or not it was fit for human consumption.

That's actually a pretty good point. GUILTY!
04-20-2015, 05:10 PM
(04-20-2015 04:34 PM)amosmyn Wrote:  I THINK YOU DO.
VOTE CARNEGIE AGAIN

Vote Amosmyn.

Amosmyn presents a question having no correct answer with a humorous tone.

I respond humorously.

3 people on me because of it, not even an hour and a half after day start.

This is going to be a good time for me, isn't it. mspa
04-20-2015, 07:12 PM
vote: amos

[Image: sonicsig2.jpg]
Steam
04-20-2015, 09:24 PM
asdfaffaghrafdhsfad if i had stayed up five minutes longer I could have posted last night now i don't have time until the afternoon, I'll read the thread then asdfwsdfaserygfzs vote: anacreon
04-20-2015, 10:00 PM
What is happening, I don't even.

I will do actual analysis later because I am severely pressed for time. Until then, FOS: Carnegie for blatant OMGUS and Vote: anac for bandwagoning onto it with no explanation.
04-20-2015, 10:10 PM
vote: Beruru because eating an entire bear is eating entirely too much bear.

I think about the Carnegie deal that it's too early to say anything, but there's definitely
some bussing involved
[Image: csi.jpg]
04-20-2015, 10:49 PM
Lynch: dichotomousCreator for the way he voted Carnegie.

Carnegie seems Town. Not for the vague joke answer and OMGUS which wasn't great but for rolehinting before the game even started.
04-20-2015, 11:47 PM
(04-20-2015 03:34 PM)Carnegie Wrote:  Also I just realized there's sort of an irony in the flavor being a traffic jam. If someone dies, their car will be left unattended. Unmoving. Furthering the jam
TRUUUUUUUTH!

VOTE NO LYNCH

LET'S GET BACK ON THE ROAD!
04-21-2015, 12:20 AM
Unvote

SPOILERED ANGRY RANT ALERT:

Every game I've played in so far, somebody (usually Acio or Coldblooded) starts a vote on someone for the slightest provocation, battle lines get drawn, reactions get made, etc, etc, then the initial wagon dissipates and we start voting based on actual information rather than silly little points like "oh they said they're maybe mafia ooooooooo"

And without fail, every time, the target of this first D1 lynch flips the fuck out and bad things happen. In Credithunt it was me claiming Donor, in FTL Chris basically distracted D1 away between his reaction and the lovers thing with Zatch, in DHI if I'm remembering right we lynched Cans because he reacted poorly.

The basic strategy is good and even necessary. Unless we take a stand on someone for something minor, no-one will ever say anything that ISN'T minor. However, BECAUSE the case is weak and everyone doing the voting KNOWS that but by and large the target does NOT (since everyone who's in on it is acting serious), it's an incredibly stressful situation to be in and there's no really good responses to it. I *KNEW* what was happening to me in Credithunt and tried to play along and I STILL ended up claiming. Unambiguously. In a game with obliterations.

So today, I short-circuited it. I did my best to keep Carnegie from panicking without giving away the game and just tried to get it over with as fast as possible. In a not at all surprising twist, Carnegie's reaction has been fairly scummy (acting put out/upset, OMGUS, grumbling about wagon on self without offering alternatives or insight into the game, et cetera) however these things ARE NOT SCUMMY WHEN THE FIRST WAGON OF THE FIRST DAY DOES THEM. They get read as scumtells, but most of the behaviour that would be towntelling simply isn't available when you're the first target (notably, you can't really play the game when the only info available so far centers around you).

So...yeah. The D1 hatecycle of "vote someone for weak reasons, then they panic and either provide stronger reasons to vote them or claim/distract the town/do something else bad" has got to stop. It's the worst kind of optimal play assumption and it backfires because the target rarely reacts in the flawless, unemotional manner necessary for the tactic to work effectively. You veterans could at LEAST have the good grace to pile on one of your own if you're really just looking for reactions from other people.

Sorry about that Carnegie, for what it's worth. I don't even care if you're scum or not with this apology, that whole D1 train thing is just bollocks. At least it got us out of RVS in like ten posts.

In summary, Carnegie has done nothing to earn anyone's ire and should be unvoted immediately. Those reactions would be scummy if this was any other wagon in the game, but it's the first one so there weren't many other reaction options available. We have what we need, let's move on, wagon's over, find someone else to hang unless Carnegie does something that's actually deserving of a lynch.

Now then. Lynch: yd12k why do you sound so sure that bussing is already taking place?

04-21-2015, 12:29 AM
Well I'm on mobile
CARnegie said stuff
I vanted to not not say anything about it
Y'know, get my engines running.
I might've been chassis shadows tho
but in the end it was cat in bak
I dunno, I'm a punk
04-21-2015, 01:10 AM
Cool. Mildly apologetic if I messed something up, but I was kinda concerned you were fearmongering. Your response makes me feel more confident that you weren't going for that particularly. That chassis pun was a bit of a stretch, though.

GET IT? Like a stretch limo?

...I'll show myself out.

Lynch: amosmyn your Carnegie vote looked like it was being hidden behind joking, which makes me kind of uneasy. I don't think the vote was frivolous and I'm not 100% okay with you trying to play it off like it was in that post. Anything to offer on that or any other subject?

04-21-2015, 01:36 AM
(04-21-2015 12:20 AM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  So today, I short-circuited it. I did my best to keep Carnegie from panicking without giving away the game and just tried to get it over with as fast as possible.

I'm not really panicking. I'm not sure why I've been giving off that vibe, but I'm perfectly fine. I'm even still in good humor (hence the last line of my previous post)

And so far most people don't seem too upset with me, anyways.

Quote:In a not at all surprising twist, Carnegie's reaction has been fairly scummy (acting put out/upset, OMGUS, grumbling about wagon on self without offering alternatives or insight into the game, et cetera)

You pretty much directly insulted my intelligence with your post, so yeah, I was a little upset by it. Not only is my text green (I'm not colorblind), it also blatantly says I'm town, I can read, as well. But in the end, I thank you for your attempt to help me that post, and it seems like a genuine attempt to help now that you've written out this whole thing.

On the subject of OMGUS, I think my vote for amosmyn was valid; It's super easy to jump on the new/inexperienced dude when you're scum and get a free lynch. If you want an explanation for the whole "no right answer", let me give you a scenario:

Amo: Carnegie, are you maf?
Me: Yes
Amo: Cool Vote Carnegie

Amo: Carnegie, are you maf?
Me: No
Amo: A likely story. Vote Carnegie

So I went with a third option to try and get out of that silly question, which does nothing because you can sit here and ask everyone if they're mafia and they'll all say no. At least I gave something for people to talk about.

In general I don't see OMGUS as a bad thing because if retaliating to someone voting you means you're scummy, what's the point of retaliating? Why not just sit there and let people vote for you?

Also, there were no alternative insights to the game because everyone had been joke voting *shrug*
04-21-2015, 01:42 AM
(04-21-2015 12:20 AM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  Unvote

SPOILERED ANGRY RANT ALERT:

[spoiler]Every game I've played in so far, somebody (usually Acio or Coldblooded) starts a vote on someone for the slightest provocation, battle lines get drawn, reactions get made, etc, etc, then the initial wagon dissipates and we start voting based on actual information rather than silly little points like "oh they said they're maybe mafia ooooooooo"

And without fail, every time, the target of this first D1 lynch flips the fuck out and bad things happen. In Credithunt it was me claiming Donor, in FTL Chris basically distracted D1 away between his reaction and the lovers thing with Zatch, in DHI if I'm remembering right we lynched Cans because he reacted poorly.
<snip>
So...yeah. The D1 hatecycle of "vote someone for weak reasons, then they panic and either provide stronger reasons to vote them or claim/distract the town/do something else bad" has got to stop.
@dC
I disagree. Even if they flip out, throwing pressure onto someone immediately is a great way to get out of RVS.
Reactions to the person that is flipping out, those are also important. The 'distract the town' thing is the only thing that really has to stop.

Also, I don't actually think Carnegie has done anything very scummy or reacted badly? I also don't think, aside from Cold, that anyone put a serious vote on him, and he has only one on him at the time. YOU are also the one putting the most pressure-y vote on him. So your overreaction is unneeded and I don't like it and it might be a tad hypocritical and Imma VOTE DC

And yeah, I was Cans, and I accept full responsibility for that lynch. I wasn't as into that game as I needed to be to defend myself D1.
04-21-2015, 03:27 AM
Lynch: Mechagoomba

Kiven who do you think is most likely scum out of amos/DC/carnegie and out of goomba/ydont/beru?
04-21-2015, 03:50 AM
vote dc for buddy-o-rama

@carnegie OMGUS isn't about simply voting the person who voted for you, it is HOW you do it that makes it an omgus.

"Have some wine," the March Hare said in an encouraging tone.
Alice looked all round the table, but there was nothing on it but tea.
"I don't see any wine," she remarked.

(06-25-2013 09:31 AM)Chirality Wrote:  And then everyone cut the simplest explanations in tiny pieces then set them on fire then threw them in a lake and poisoned the lake.
04-21-2015, 04:46 AM
(04-21-2015 12:20 AM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  Unvote
In summary, Carnegie has done nothing to earn anyone's ire and should be unvoted immediately. Those reactions would be scummy if this was any other wagon in the game, but it's the first one so there weren't many other reaction options available. We have what we need, let's move on, wagon's over, find someone else to hang unless Carnegie does something that's actually deserving of a lynch.
I didn't find his reaction that scummy? Where specifically did he do something scummy and who's ire did he earn? And why did you feel the need to push people off Carnegie? It kind of sounds like you're implying Carnegie was in danger of being lynched but it's still early in the day and I don't think people usually lynch the first wagon that forms.

(04-21-2015 01:10 AM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  Cool. Mildly apologetic if I messed something up, but I was kinda concerned you were fearmongering. Your response makes me feel more confident that you weren't going for that particularly. That chassis pun was a bit of a stretch, though.
How was it a good response? To me his response just looks like a bunch of puns.
04-21-2015, 04:51 AM
Okay maybe dC is not a scum.

Maybe.

FOR NOW: Vote: Mecha_goomba.
04-21-2015, 05:04 AM
@yuiop Put down a vote.

----

I don't think the reason Acionyx and Sotek think Goomba is scum is a good reason.

----

Lynch: speedchuck

@speedchuck What do you think of your wagonmates on the DC wagon?
04-21-2015, 05:07 AM
(04-21-2015 01:10 AM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  Cool. Mildly apologetic if I messed something up, but I was kinda concerned you were fearmongering. Your response makes me feel more confident that you weren't going for that particularly. That chassis pun was a bit of a stretch, though.

GET IT? Like a stretch limo?

...I'll show myself out.

Lynch: amosmyn your Carnegie vote looked like it was being hidden behind joking, which makes me kind of uneasy. I don't think the vote was frivolous and I'm not 100% okay with you trying to play it off like it was in that post. Anything to offer on that or any other subject?

Hidden behind joking? Seriously? What sort of crap argument are you trying to set up here? I know my vote was frivolous and I think you're trying to pull this out of proportion more than the next guy because I can't understand how of all the people involved I could be the one trying to take advantage of it.

So obviously Unvote because Carnegie's reaction to the whole thing has given me zero reason to push it further and Vote: dC.

yd12k! What are you referring to as far as "there must be bussing"?
I mean other than the fact that there's obviously a busdriver in this setup.
04-21-2015, 05:08 AM
(04-21-2015 05:04 AM)reaverb Wrote:  I don't think the reason Acionyx and Sotek think Goomba is scum is a good reason.

If they're picking up what I think they're picking up they're reaching for the lowest fruit on the branch or just don't want him to vanish again. So I'm more or less in agreement with you.
04-21-2015, 05:10 AM
Sotek and Beruru. Hm. I could buy either of them as scum, but Sotek more likely than Beruru. He voted dC before dC did his little ranty thing. Distancing there, obviously. Meanwhile, what do you think of dC?
04-21-2015, 05:11 AM
EBWOP: Ninja'd, Amos is on the list, getting towny vibes from him.
04-21-2015, 05:21 AM
unvote
Goomba my amos vote was an rvs vote.

I will come back and figure out who to place my vote on later.

Steam
04-21-2015, 05:23 AM
(04-21-2015 05:04 AM)reaverb Wrote:  I don't think the reason Acionyx and Sotek think Goomba is scum is a good reason.

Okay then what's your ranking on goomba/kiven/anacreon?
04-21-2015, 05:44 AM
Unvote since I guess there's some meta stuff going on right now that I don't really have any of the necessary knowledge about.

I'm not feeling too hot about DC but I'm not quite willing to jump on the wagon yet. In particular I don't like that he insulted me, proceeded to flip out himself, and then used my argument for my vote on amo to also vote amo
04-21-2015, 05:56 AM
@Acionyx

Goomba > Kiven > anacreon

Kiven is total sleb as he just has an obvious check in post, Goomba at least gave a couple reads while anacreon jumped off the amos lynch without giving a new vote (as opposed to giving an uninformed guess despite lack of time or just not posting).
04-21-2015, 06:17 AM
RE: youip, amosmym: How's life without having any blood, bile or phlegm?

AKA you guys lack humour I figured I'd spell it out for you because apperantly puns aren't your strong suit.

To spell it out perfectly, ruining the joke: Bussing is a mafia term, and busses are vehicles. Vehicles that would be involved in traffic, including when said traffic ceases movement and comes to a standstill. also known as a traffic jam. Such as this one.

I mean you'd say that breaking up a line, and following it with a csi gif would be enough to convey tone but apperantly I was wrong.

I don't actually think it was bussing (It could be, but I have no specific reason to think it), I just wanted to be the first to make the joke.

---

Anyway important stuff:

Not sure why people distrust goomba so much. He hasn't even really blipped on my radar.
Speedchuck is definitely using definitely too much.
dC appears to be overreacting to the tried and true method of exiting RVS, which is indeed not fun for the victim but both the only thing proven to work concistently and the only thing possible to do in any setup short of earlyclaims which are honestly less fun. (For the record, I'm referring to making a disproportionally big deal out of a slight mistake in RVS. It's okay because it's also the biggest mistake made the entire game up to that point and thus a point of reference to discuss (If thqat stuff were actually capable of getting people lynched it'd be another thing))
reaverb didn't mention ana?

I llike dC the least but not sure where we stand on hammers so I'll hold off.
04-21-2015, 06:30 AM
Ayyy, guess who's back. First things first:

(04-21-2015 05:56 AM)reaverb Wrote:  Kiven is total sleb as he just has an obvious check in post

I have no idea what this means, but damn if it didn't hit me in the feels. Thought we had something, reaverb.

Anyway, jokes aside, I'm feeling pretty good about Carnegie? idk, I mean, his reactions seemed pretty town for the position he was put in.

(04-21-2015 03:27 AM)Acionyx Wrote:  Kiven who do you think is most likely scum out of amos/DC/carnegie and out of goomba/ydont/beru?

For the first group, probably... dC? His interjection into the whole Carnegie/amos thing kind of looked like a way to try and appear relevant? Kind of makes Carnegie and amos look better?

For the second group, I'd have to say... beru. Simply because I feel like Goomba is probably okay for now (and don't really see what you're seeing that's causing you to vote him) and yd12k is sort of in the same boat (car?), although I'm not too sure how to feel after that most recent post. Which is to say that as of right now, I wouldn't exactly call any of them scum, but beru is the one I believe to be the least town.

For right now I think I'll... Vote: Sotek because I'm kind of not digging his votes?
04-21-2015, 06:37 AM
(04-21-2015 06:17 AM)yd12k Wrote:  Speedchuck is definitely using definitely too much.
Explain. I have definitely never posted that word.
04-21-2015, 06:40 AM
(04-21-2015 06:30 AM)SupahKiven Wrote:  For right now I think I'll... Vote: Sotek because I'm kind of not digging his votes?

What exactly do you dislike about them?

Yuiop: who do you think is most likely to be scum out of youdont/kiven/speedchuck?

Carnegie: Same question as above but also out of sotek/beruru/reaver
04-21-2015, 06:54 AM
(04-21-2015 06:40 AM)Acionyx Wrote:  
(04-21-2015 06:30 AM)SupahKiven Wrote:  For right now I think I'll... Vote: Sotek because I'm kind of not digging his votes?
What exactly do you dislike about them?

The dC vote just kind of rubs me the wrong way, especially paired with the 'eh, never mind' he makes when he retracts it. As for the Goomba vote, it sort of looks to me like he's following you onto it, though again, I guess I'm not seeing the thing that makes him vote worthy.
04-21-2015, 06:56 AM
(04-21-2015 06:17 AM)yd12k Wrote:  RE: youip, amosmym: How's life without having any blood, bile or phlegm?
AKA you guys lack humour I figured I'd spell it out for you because apperantly puns aren't your strong suit.
To spell it out perfectly, ruining the joke: Bussing is a mafia term, and busses are vehicles. Vehicles that would be involved in traffic, including when said traffic ceases movement and comes to a standstill. also known as a traffic jam. Such as this one.
I mean you'd say that breaking up a line, and following it with a csi gif would be enough to convey tone but apperantly I was wrong.
I don't actually think it was bussing (It could be, but I have no specific reason to think it), I just wanted to be the first to make the joke.

If that was supposed to be the joke that is the shittiest joke I've seen yet.
Yes, I got the obvious. No, it wasn't funny. Nice try, quit being an asshole about it.
But yeah, thanks for clarifying things anyways.
04-21-2015, 07:06 AM
(04-21-2015 06:40 AM)Acionyx Wrote:  Carnegie: Same question as above but also out of sotek/beruru/reaver

All three of them are people of very few words, if that's worth mentioning.

Sotek: His first vote was probably RVS but it's important to note that he started off the DC wagon, and then jumped off when other people were getting on it (saying "okay, maybe DC isn't scum") which is a bit of an odd, contradictory response when you think about it.

Beru: I have no idea what to say on her, since her first post was a joke, and the other actually meaningful post just involved getting on a wagon. Is she usually this concise?

Reaver: Reaver's got a town read on me for an apparent mistake I made pregame, and honestly I'm not really sure if I'm deserving of that. All in all he seems willing to spark conversation and give his opinion, even with his few words.

Most Scumleaning: Sotek
Most Townleaning: Reaver
Most Likely to Eat a Bear: Beru
04-21-2015, 07:08 AM
Back with a bit more time to actually look at things.

Some initial reads.
Sotek and Acio are nulls.
Reaverb is probably town.
Amos is looking town
Caregie is a null read for me.
vote:dc his initial vote for Caregie just pinged my scumdar for some reason. Looking back again that vote, his rant/reactions look similar to his FTL play as mafia.
The goomba wagon i guess formed because he thought i was bandwagoning on amos and he jumped on the me wagon with kiven.

Steam
04-21-2015, 07:15 AM
ebwop: whoops not FTL i mean Adventure time mafia.

Steam
04-21-2015, 07:17 AM
Here now, apologies. My schedule is various kinds of not fun but I will be as active as possible when it allows.

(04-21-2015 05:21 AM)anacreon Wrote:  Goomba my amos vote was an rvs vote.

Throwing a RVS vote on someone without explaining it while actual discussion is taking place about them is not a good way to contribute value to town. Unvote pending actual content.

(04-21-2015 12:20 AM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  The D1 hatecycle of "vote someone for weak reasons, then they panic and either provide stronger reasons to vote them or claim/distract the town/do something else bad" has got to stop.

See, that would be true if they were ever actually a lynch candidate. But they aren't. D1 is almost never going to be a scumlynch and most of the time all that comes out of D1 is a bunch of grist for the analysis mill.
Getting some actual info at the cost of *GASP* a randomly chosen D1 lynch or *GASP* a bunch of wasted D1 time is almost always an amazing trade because 90% of the time you lose nothing of value.

(04-21-2015 07:08 AM)anacreon Wrote:  Looking back again that vote, his rant/reactions look similar to his FTL play as mafia.

May I ask how? What I'm seeing is just a more restrained version of my stupid self-sacrificing D1 play in that same game.
04-21-2015, 07:21 AM
EBWOP because I forgot to preview: I admit you have a point there. Still feels null to me.
04-21-2015, 07:41 AM
(04-21-2015 05:10 AM)speedchuck Wrote:  Sotek and Beruru. Hm. I could buy either of them as scum, but Sotek more likely than Beruru. He voted dC before dC did his little ranty thing. Distancing there, obviously. Meanwhile, what do you think of dC?

I definitely meant obviously, sorry.

@ amosmyn: if my humourless comment offended you I apologize, but calling me an asshole over it (I assume that's why, atleast) seems somewhat disproportionate.

Goomba, your post just now asked Anacreon to write actual posts, then proceeded to quote an actual post (A short one, but defenitely a post), continued to repeat a point that i made once before, and wasn't even really relevant to discussion then, being more about early D1 meta and finished with an EBWOP ninja (and self depreciation which is always fun)

It's also almost 11 PM and I'm tired and gonna sleep soon I'll post my reads tommorow after I can check over the stupid tomorrow

Ninjacheck: quickly checking ftlmaf and seeing you were town how is feeling like he acts 'like you did there' a null read? wouldn't that normally be a townish read or something?
04-21-2015, 07:45 AM
(04-21-2015 07:41 AM)yd12k Wrote:  @ amosmyn: if my humourless comment offended you I apologize, but calling me an asshole over it (I assume that's why, atleast) seems somewhat disproportionate.

You implied that we were dumbasses. Seems fair to me.