Discussion Coloured Tags and Post Icons
03-24-2015, 08:26 AM (This post was last modified: 03-24-2015 08:42 AM by amosmyn.)
Coloured Tags and Post Icons
Hey all!

As you can see, I've dipped into the admin stuff and implemented colored thread prefixes. This might be temporary. Check out the mafia subforum and let me know what you think?

We're also thinking of getting rid of the post icons selectable when creating new topics, like the star, smiley face, bug and caution sign. Would you be alright with that?

Cheers!
03-24-2015, 08:51 AM
RE: Coloured Tags and Post Icons
Change yellow immediately. Other than that, it's great!

And yeah, you can get rid of the icons.
03-24-2015, 08:55 AM
Looks good! I agree on changing the yellow, everything else is good.

Also recommending a quick pass to ensure all the tags are in the right place - I'm pretty certain Radiotower Mafia is neither in progress nor does it need replacements. (There's a few other incorrectly tagged games as well)

and now, hunger does what sorrow could never do
website | @tehpilot
03-24-2015, 08:56 AM
(03-24-2015 08:43 AM)amosmyn Wrote:  Just added coloured tags as you probably will notice. Discuss in the Site Feedback thread.
We're not sure if we should keep them or not, so give us some input!

It's a bit too distracting IMO. I could see having colored tags for the [Signups] and [Replacement Needed] tags, maybe even [In Progress], but the other ones don't really to have any good reason to be bolded and rainbow colored.

(Also, would you mind tagging VR Hunt as Completed instead of In Progress? Ghetto Gardening, Radio Tower, Library of Lies, and Avalon should probably all be listed as completed too.)

Tumblr/Steam
03-24-2015, 08:56 AM
I don't care that much about the icons. I've used them, but I don't pay much attention to them.

I like the new colored tags, though they almost seem too bright/visible/obvious. Maybe make them closer to just variations on the normal dark text so they stand out, but don't completely suck your attention away form other things.
03-24-2015, 09:33 AM
I also like the colorful tags, but I agree with everyone else when I say they need to stand out a bit less. It draws your (read: my) attention to the colors rather than the titles of the games. Maybe make them darker or something?

Also I've never used the icons so idk.
03-24-2015, 10:11 AM
The In Progress tag has been unbolded just to see how that looks. Also a darker yellow for Complete tag. I'll test out a less rainbow colour scheme sometime, too.

And yeah, in regards to mistagged stuff: reordering the tags isn't possible in the admin control board, so I had to change existing tags in order to reorder them, hence the mixups. I'll get to that soonish.
03-24-2015, 10:15 AM (This post was last modified: 03-24-2015 10:18 AM by Reyweld.)
I think green would actually be more appropriate colour choice for complete. Discussion could maybe be a different green? or purple or blue Brown! Discussion should be brown!

Also the blue might be too bright in comparison to the other colours?

I do like the icons, but I wouldn't mind if one day they all disappeared.