Poll: Select your preferred candidate...
This poll is closed.
Carnegie 0% 0 0%
Speedchuck 0% 0 0%
Coldblooded 15.79% 3 15.79%
Beruru 84.21% 16 84.21%
Total 19 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Discussion Mafia Cross-Community Game feat. Beruru
03-29-2015, 10:51 AM (This post was last modified: 06-08-2015 03:53 PM by amosmyn.)
Mafia Cross-Community Game feat. Beruru
Game 5: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/59/puz...a-1534821/
Game Navigation: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showpo...count=2047

Original Post:
----------------------

Hey Folks, Election Time.

Who would you like to represent the Chocolate community in Thingyman's game?

Carnegie
Speedchuck
Beruru
Coldblooded

There are your options, vote away.
Candidates, feel free to promote yourselves as you'd like. Keep it to this thread.
03-29-2015, 11:02 AM
RE: Representative Election: Mafia Cross-Community Game
If I remember correctly, Thingyman requested active players. Beru can often be pretty lurky. Speedchuck was AFK in Adventuremafia but that might have been because he was doing two mafias at once. I don't really remember what Carny was like last time I played with him. I'm gonna go with Coldblooded.
03-29-2015, 11:17 AM
I kinda figured he just meant "players who would play", not necessarily players with an active playstyle?

(Also we totally should have set up a quick mafia game with "participation in the cross-community mafia series" as an elect item D1 :V)
03-29-2015, 11:59 AM
(03-29-2015 11:17 AM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  I kinda figured he just meant "players who would play", not necessarily players with an active playstyle?

(Also we totally should have set up a quick mafia game with "participation in the cross-community mafia series" as an elect item D1 :V)

Druple is right; Players with an active playstyle. The players should be prepared for 500 posts per 24 hours the first few days and they should also be willing and able to hold their own post volume-wise in that environment.
03-29-2015, 12:13 PM (This post was last modified: 03-29-2015 12:14 PM by amosmyn.)
That sounds pretty absurdly busy for a setup that's going to have precisely one unique role and thirteen players.

That being said, yeah, priority probably should be given to players that will actually commit with the game speed.

I think Beruru's more than capable of it, but yeah, judging from above if we're looking for activity for activity's sake Coldblooded is the obvious choice IMO.

I'd just prefer Beruru because I think that'd be more fun to watch.
03-29-2015, 12:21 PM (This post was last modified: 03-29-2015 12:22 PM by GenetiXientist.)
Write-in vote: Mirdini.
03-29-2015, 12:25 PM
(03-29-2015 12:13 PM)amosmyn Wrote:  That sounds pretty absurdly busy for a setup that's going to have precisely one unique role and thirteen players.

That being said, yeah, priority probably should be given to players that will actually commit with the game speed.

I think Beruru's more than capable of it, but yeah, judging from above if we're looking for activity for activity's sake Coldblooded is the obvious choice IMO.

I'd just prefer Beruru because I think that'd be more fun to watch.

It might very well not end up being that busy, but I'd rather prepare people for "the worst" :P. And yeah, in a setup like that the dynamic changes because you can't rely so much on figuring stuff out with the help of power roles or mechanics - rather you need to sort of interrogate people and get some interactions going. Or at least, that's the common philosophy for such games, since you have nothing else to go on. Which is also why there is an emphasis on activity - because you're only gonna get information from people's posts and if people aren't making posts, there's no information :P
03-29-2015, 12:26 PM
The above are the candidates that volunteered to participate. If they have not volunteered to, please don't assume that they would be interested in participating.

If anyone wants in and missed their chance, they can contact me and I can put them on the list.
03-29-2015, 12:31 PM
(03-29-2015 12:21 PM)GenetiXientist Wrote:  Write-in vote: Mirdini.

Sorry friend, there's no way I'd have time for this even if it ends up being less active than expected. Best of luck to whoever gets there though.
03-29-2015, 02:26 PM (This post was last modified: 03-29-2015 02:26 PM by beruru.)
if you vote for me i promise i will make it worth your while o/

not in like, bribes. but in like, gameplay

"Have some wine," the March Hare said in an encouraging tone.
Alice looked all round the table, but there was nothing on it but tea.
"I don't see any wine," she remarked.

(06-25-2013 09:31 AM)Chirality Wrote:  And then everyone cut the simplest explanations in tiny pieces then set them on fire then threw them in a lake and poisoned the lake.
03-29-2015, 02:31 PM
(03-29-2015 11:59 AM)Thingyman Wrote:  Druple is right; Players with an active playstyle. The players should be prepared for 500 posts per 24 hours the first few days and they should also be willing and able to hold their own post volume-wise in that environment.

Seriously? That's like one post every three minutes! Are people supposed to be expected to read through literally hundreds of posts immediately after waking up in the morning, or do most people just skim like their lives depend on it?

Like unless every single player in the game is unemployed and never sleeps, that's entirely too many posts for anybody to be expected to keep up with constantly.

Tumblr/Steam
03-29-2015, 02:34 PM
(03-29-2015 02:26 PM)beruru Wrote:  if you vote for me i promise i will make it worth your while o/

not in like, bribes. but in like, gameplay

beru will out scum in future games, who wouldn't jump on a chance like that

Edited for Readability and Preservation of Sanity - The Revolution - OP - Chapter 1/2 - Chapter 2/2 (missing maps) - Chapter 2 - Chapter 3 (Ongoing) - Chat
03-29-2015, 02:39 PM
to be honest this idea of community representation would be better with a liberal application of hydras..... (it would also be hilarious)

(06-25-2013 09:31 AM)Chirality Wrote:  And then everyone cut the simplest explanations in tiny pieces then set them on fire then threw them in a lake and poisoned the lake.
03-29-2015, 02:46 PM
i'm the master of shitposting while remaining relevant in the mafias.

also, apparently my read wpm is ~900 or so. so i will be ok with reading all the shitposts, too.

~~trust me~~

03-29-2015, 03:32 PM
Having a version of this where instead of a community representative each community gets a single account that EVERY member of the community can post with is the logical conclusion of this hydra business. It would either implode on itself within the first day or end up being ridiculously hilarious, and I am entirely unsure which.

Possibly both.
03-29-2015, 04:00 PM
(03-29-2015 02:31 PM)Coldblooded Wrote:  
(03-29-2015 11:59 AM)Thingyman Wrote:  Druple is right; Players with an active playstyle. The players should be prepared for 500 posts per 24 hours the first few days and they should also be willing and able to hold their own post volume-wise in that environment.

Seriously? That's like one post every three minutes! Are people supposed to be expected to read through literally hundreds of posts immediately after waking up in the morning, or do most people just skim like their lives depend on it?

Like unless every single player in the game is unemployed and never sleeps, that's entirely too many posts for anybody to be expected to keep up with constantly.

It's mostly short posts. And some people probably skim, yeah. There are bound to be interactions or discussions about stuff that you're probably uninterested in and will just ignore and move past :P

You would probably be shocked to hear that season 1's finale game had 3200 posts after the first 36 hours. And the game ended with more than 12,000 posts. But that was a 25-man game and it had a vast overrepresentation of people from high-posting sites. This season won't get anywhere near that crazy, don't worry :P
03-29-2015, 04:25 PM (This post was last modified: 03-29-2015 04:26 PM by Carnegie.)
I'm not sure if I should even be considered an option for this honestly, I didn't realize there would be an election, I had assumed there would be multiple people allowed to participate.

So yeah, not that anyone has voted for me, but if you were considering doing so, maybe don't. There's more deserving people
03-29-2015, 04:28 PM (This post was last modified: 03-29-2015 04:30 PM by Thingyman.)
(03-29-2015 04:25 PM)Carnegie Wrote:  I'm not sure if I should even be considered an option for this honestly, I didn't realize there would be an election, I had assumed there would be multiple people allowed to participate.

So yeah, not that anyone has voted for me, but if you were considering doing so, maybe don't. There's more deserving people

Fwiw there will both be a season 3 and, perhaps more interestingly, there will also be other fun cross-over games that are more inclusive and less elitist :P

The community-hydra idea isn't half bad :P
03-29-2015, 04:32 PM
Im not sure eliteist is the best term here, at least for us.
I'd like to imagine this more like the elections for the student council president than a "who's got the highest grades" sort of deal.
'course im sure eliteist" is more representative for larger populated forums.
03-29-2015, 04:36 PM
Hmm yeah, I don't know for sure if I'd even be able to keep up with a game like that, speed-reading has never really been a particular strength of mine.

And so, after much consideration and after discussing it with my family and political advisers at great length, I've decided to officially drop out of the running and throw my support behind the honorable Beruru instead, under the sole condition that she makes sure to shitpost enough for the two of us combined.

May her reign as mafia overlord be long and terrible.

Tumblr/Steam
03-29-2015, 05:16 PM
All hail our favorite witch hunter.

and now, hunger does what sorrow could never do
website | @tehpilot
03-29-2015, 07:49 PM (This post was last modified: 03-29-2015 07:51 PM by anacreon.)
Honestly if beru wins this poll i am kind of hoping she ends up on the mafia side considering how scary she is as mafia.
Regardless of what side she is on though watch her figure out who the cop is by the end of day 1.

[Image: sonicsig2.jpg]
Steam
03-29-2015, 10:08 PM (This post was last modified: 03-29-2015 10:09 PM by Druplesnubb.)
Actually, coming to think of it, it would be pretty fun to see Beru in a game without the "can't lynch Beru Day 1 because meta" mentality that plagues most games over here. I already voted for Coldblooded, though.
03-30-2015, 02:42 AM
(03-29-2015 10:08 PM)Druplesnubb Wrote:  I already voted for Coldblooded, though.

oh yeah, i should do that. lynch Coldblooded so it's on record an' everything

Edited for Readability and Preservation of Sanity - The Revolution - OP - Chapter 1/2 - Chapter 2/2 (missing maps) - Chapter 2 - Chapter 3 (Ongoing) - Chat
03-30-2015, 03:19 AM
put the power in the spirit bomb

Druple, I didn't know my meta here was like a year behind my FS meta now.... looks like people should be reading more WHs

03-30-2015, 04:26 AM (This post was last modified: 03-30-2015 04:26 AM by Mirdini.)
(03-29-2015 10:08 PM)Druplesnubb Wrote:  Actually, coming to think of it, it would be pretty fun to see Beru in a game without the "can't lynch Beru Day 1 because meta" mentality that plagues most games over here. I already voted for Coldblooded, though.

Well, you're in luck as per the post three above yours:

(03-29-2015 04:36 PM)Coldblooded Wrote:  And so, after much consideration and after discussing it with my family and political advisers at great length, I've decided to officially drop out of the running and throw my support behind the honorable Beruru instead, under the sole condition that she makes sure to shitpost enough for the two of us combined.

May her reign as mafia overlord be long and terrible.
03-30-2015, 05:05 AM
In case anyone wants to do so, you can unvote from the poll.
03-30-2015, 05:29 AM
You can't escape the bear.

The bear is already there.

03-30-2015, 05:47 AM
(03-30-2015 05:05 AM)amosmyn Wrote:  In case anyone wants to do so, you can unvote from the poll.
How do you do that?
03-30-2015, 06:30 AM (This post was last modified: 03-30-2015 06:31 AM by amosmyn.)
Underneath the title where it says
"Poll: Select your preferred candidate..."

It should say
"You have already voted on this poll. [Undo vote]"

Click "[Undo vote]"
03-30-2015, 06:32 AM
It just says "You have already voted on this poll.", nothing about undoing any votes.
03-30-2015, 06:35 AM (This post was last modified: 03-30-2015 06:39 AM by amosmyn.)
aaaaaaaaah baloney. I'll see if I can fix it in the admin panel.

Edit: Done.
03-30-2015, 06:49 AM
Thanks!
03-30-2015, 01:44 PM
Since beruru has the overwhelming majority of votes and Thingyman is eager to get things going, we're going to close the Poll.

Beruru will represent CPIF.
Thingyman will contact Beruru via PM.

Thanks for voting, folks!
03-30-2015, 02:53 PM
Thanks a lot for all your help amosmyn - it's been super appreciated. And thank you to Chocolate Pi's community for being interested in this. I'll let you know when beruru's game starts and all that :)
04-01-2015, 07:04 AM

04-01-2015, 07:45 AM
[Image: whooo.png]

There we are guys! Wish beru good luck in destroying all of those lesser forums representing our community and killing all of the town/scum (where applicable).
04-01-2015, 09:34 AM
Ooh, I see some of my old flame communities in there.

[Image: sig.gif]
04-01-2015, 10:19 AM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2015 10:20 AM by Druplesnubb.)
I recognize quite a lot of forums that I've browsed occasionally but never actually joined. Like Bay 12, Bulbagarden, CivFanatics, GameFAQs, Giant in the Playground, MMO Champion, Serenes Forest, Smashboards, Something Awful and TW Center. I guess there's a pretty big overlap between video game forums and forum games.
04-01-2015, 10:43 AM
I had no idea gameFAQs and Smashboards had mafia game communities
04-01-2015, 10:44 AM
Ah I wonder who is representing the EpicMafia community

It's time to, T-T-T-T-T-T TRIPLE POST
04-01-2015, 10:47 AM
Also to point out in Pala's Screenshot Epic Mafia is on there twice

04-01-2015, 10:51 AM
So is a lot of sites. I can see two Chocolate Pi's for example (besides the one Pala pointed out there's also a partly cut off one to the upper left).
04-01-2015, 10:57 AM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2015 12:18 PM by ICan'tGiveCredit.)
Hilarity: Everyone is part of a Hydra, in order to fit them into a "13 player" game

04-01-2015, 10:59 AM
In a real question (i didnt check to see if anyone already asked) but where is this being hosted and will we be able to view it?

04-01-2015, 12:29 PM
This is gonna be hella
04-01-2015, 02:33 PM
RE: Mafia Cross-Community Game feat. Beruru
What do they mean by "one winner"? How do you "win"?
04-01-2015, 03:23 PM
(04-01-2015 02:33 PM)Carnegie Wrote:  What do they mean by "one winner"? How do you "win"?

That.............. is the true psychologikal mind gaem..............................

04-01-2015, 04:31 PM
ENTIRE GAME IS INDEPENDENT THIRD PARTIES
04-01-2015, 05:31 PM
I looked, apparently there are several games, and the winning team goes on? Something with voting? I didn't really look into it that much.

The one, the only, Vancho!